• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Village Hidden in the Leaves

Now, the gate of the village is unmistakably an easy place to find, it's easy to see and most streets flow to the main street that goes right towards it. Real easy to find, and a good place to meet up before a mission. However, this is not the place Koma told his students to meet him at, in fact he told them to meet outside of one of the large office buildings in town, the one where the missions are handed out and briefed to the many squads moving in and out of the city.

From D all the way to A, each mission handed out to various groups and solo ninja with tasks to slay/capture/both people, do chores, find lost objects or people and at times deliver certain things. Why are S ranks not handed out? well, some schools of thought believe S ranked missions tend to just... appear. As in their more disasters then anything. Should an S rank mission be actually handed out is rare, at a point where it can be handed out calmly and brought forward like other missions? Even rarer.

Regardless, Koma tell/told his students to meet him here, and to be prepared for a mission that may or may not take a few days, up to a week. "Always good to be sure." he told his good friend Senshi to add, best with a cat pun somewhere. the nekomata was always good for sending messages, as it seemed to have the strangest ability to disappear when you weren't looking at him, much like most cats in truth. Koma often tested if all cats simply traversed the spiritual boundaries into some sort of yokai realm exclusive to all cats.

The answer has eluded him till this day.

Curse those fuzzy loveable creatures and their ways.

"Now... where are my students?"
he wondered out loud, taking yet another look around the area, wondering if he told Senshi to give them a time to be here or not...

(Feel free to make the up conversation as you please, a snarky old nekomata who has a love of cat puns and the occasional belly rub(not too much, lest he scratch your arm, there's no way to tell to much btw) he will tell them to meet your jonin around this time and place, locked doors will not save you from the message, and he may show up in strange places at times.)

Takara Himura: Squad 6

Takara sighed as she leaned against the smooth stone of the village wall. The days had been steadily growing warmer, the weather less dreary. The Jounin turned the page of the novel in her hand, her students had done well in the past few weeks. Hideki was certainly ambitious, likely something she would have to keep an eye on lest things got out of hand. Mai proved to be the one she needed to keep a close eye on. Though she wondered if they'd ever be asked to pull weeds again after that last time. Aiko seemed talented, incredibly so. It was getting her to work as a team that might prove to be an issue.

I guess I'll just have to see how things go on this mission. Takara closed her book as she finished the chapter. It was going to be their first mission with a high chance of seeing combat. She was going to have to keep a close eye on Mai...

They should be showing up soon. She'd told them to meet her near the main gate, and to be packed for several days on the road. Though Takara wasn't above leaving anyway should they show up unprepared.

The kids would have to learn somehow.

Orikanyo Orikanyo Ganryu Ganryu InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Nobushige Toyotomi - Squad 4
KageYuuki KageYuuki General_warNpeace General_warNpeace CactusJuice CactusJuice

Nobushige walked the gate, yawning. He was not a morning person. Most ninjas in his specialty generally weren't, all their work was in the evening and night. It was one more adjustment he'd have to make being a jonin instructor. He hoped his students hadn't caught onto the few times he'd dozed off during their missions around the village. Granted, he hardly thought it worth blame, walking dogs, pulling weeds, menial chores, it was boring. He had the feeling he was more bored with it than they even were. That's why today was special. He'd put in a request for a 'special training' outside the village. Really he was dragging them on a personal mission and didn't feel like dealing with the paperwork.

"Hehehe, boy, those kids are going to see what being a real ninja is all about. Tch, doesn't have the scroll of Tenjin, now does he? I don't see a problem with liberating it for myself then."

He noticed the two other jonin there.

"....shit."

He pretended the two weren't there as he leaned against the post.

"Well, should have about five more minutes."

Thing seemed suddenly more peaceful as he closed his eyes, and embraced the darkness. Within minutes he was lightly snoring.

-----------------------------

Umichi Kamimizu - Squad 3
Retro-Grey Retro-Grey yoshua171 yoshua171 rooke rooke

Umichi hummed to her self, tapping along windowsills as she moved. Finally a mission out the village. Gou-sensei had given her one that seemed perfect. Surveying a village, come back. Not that hard. The village had been surveyed so many times they'd reduced it to a D-rank mission. Get their, look for any clue what had destroyed it, come back. Honestly at this point it was 'keep the payers happy'. Some person who had a relative who lived there. It was sad, but oh well. Still, something bugged Umichi. The name of the village rang a bell.

Tsushima... Tsushima... where have I read that name before?

"Eh, whatever, probably wasn't that important."

Walking up to the gate, she eyed the other jonin, and sighed. One of them was asleep. What a great example.

"Seriously? Can we have one normal Jonin here? Tch, can't wait for my brats to face yours in the chunnin exams."

She shook her head, and waited for her squad.

--------------------------------

Mai Sanada - Squad Six

KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

"Hey, sensei! Bet'cha I can make it down!"

A voice called out from atop the village gate. Mai was near panting, it'd taken her far too much effort to make it up. Making it down would be a challenge! She was a physical ninja, what was a little leap of faith?

Before she could be told no, Mai held her hands forward, and tipped forward, laughing like a madwoman as she fell.

The ground came fast! It was exhilarating, her heart beat fast, and the world slowed down. Mai wished she could live in time like this. Everything seemed so clear! And man, the ground was getting there fast. Mai finally kicked off the wall, reaching out for a tree branch near by. Her fingers barely grasped it, and she triumphantly laughed again... then her fingers slipped.

Mai landed in a crash by Takara.

"Morning...sensei..."

Hideki Ukita
Squad Six

KageYuuki KageYuuki Ganryu Ganryu InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum
The familiar sound of a friend's voice.

The familiar sound of her laughter.

The familiar sound of her impacting the ground.

The familiar sight of her planted upon the ground face first...

Hideki had watched the whole scene, he would have mentioned something along the lines of "This is a dumb idea, don't do it." or "Do a flip on the way down!" but both would be, in the first case, in vain, and in the second case, in bad taste.

For now he did the most natural thing, and laugh his ass off.

"PFFFFFT!" Hideki spat the drink he got just earlier onto the ground before him. If there was anything he could say about Matsuri's replacement, she was always a sight to see. He was a bit sad to see bookie go, but that's just how it goes, he guessed. Walking over to his currently imprinted upon the ground friend and impromptu rival he gave her a congratulatory pat on the back. "That had to be the greatest entrance I've ever seen Pyro." he admitted, still kneeling down next to her. "Hey Sensei, brought my stuff." he motioned with a thumb to his backpack. "Wasn't fully sure what to take since yea haven't said where we're goin yet. But I got what I need..." and abit extra, but he didn't add that part yet... He wanted to give some benefit of the doubt to the clown nearby his feet that she remembered to bring anything besides her weapons...

Granted, this was the one who set fire to a lawn after being set to task cutting it, so...

Results may vary.

"...Any sign of the Rose yet?" he wondered, looking for their third.

Aiko Uchiha
Squad 6

An early morning awakening was normal for Aiko. The sun was just beginning to rise, and a light breeze blew through her window. She was slipping on her ninja gear with great haste, as if she was going to be late to an important event. She grabbed her katana, and drew the blade from its saya. She examined the shining blade, paying extra attention to the sharp edge. It was perfect. She had cleaned and sharpened it the night before after all. She sheathed her blade, and slung it over her shoulder with a small strap she had attatched to the saya.

"What's got you in such a rush?" Her father asked, watching her rush towards the door.

"My first legitimate mission, remember?"

"Of course I do, it's just that you have plenty of time!"

"I just want to get there early!"

"No, come meditate with me for awhile. Ninjas need a clear head to perform properly in the field." Her father had meditated often, and often asked if she wanted to meditate with him. Aiko had always declined. However, this time was different. She didn't take any help she could get to do well on her mission.

"Alright... fine. Idiot."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having a calm mind was underrated. Aiko felt great! Her body was relaxed, her mind was sharp, and she felt as if she had all the chakra in the world! It was a bit of an exaggeration, but needless to say Aiko was ready to face her day...

Until she watched as one of her teammates leaped off the village gate like the lunatic they were.

"Idiot..." Aiko muttered, already annoyed.

There goes the clam mind.

Aiko waved as she approached her squad, trying to put in a cheerful face. She liked her teammates, but they also pissed her off to no end at times. Nonetheless she was happy to see them. She adjusted the bag on her shoulders. She had brought food for a maximum of four days. Water wouldn't be an issue with her trusty water gourd of course. Her katana was slung behind her shoulder, not at her hip.

"Seems like I missed the fun. Where will we be heading sensei?"

She was eager to get moving.

Nisekuru, KōtakuVillage Gate
He'd been trying to work out a sensory technique for the last while, but it just wasn't coming to him. On one hand he kind of wanted to just give up and use something generic, because it'd be a tried and true method. Something like the Sensing Technique maybe, but he felt like there had to be a better option, something that would utilize his skills and not require he learn too much more. Chakra control, the basics, jutsu theory, he thought, listing off things he had sufficient knowledge and skill with to incorporate into an ability. While these thoughts roamed through his mind, his feet—as per the request from his elders—led him to the village entrance, though it was a long walk from his house, and he had decided to walk.

Smiling a bit to himself, he recalled that today would be his teams first mission outside of the village, and that was kinda exciting. If only because maybe, just maybe, it would give him and his teammates a chance to really put their teamwork to the test.

He hoped so, they'd been practicing.

That aside, he continued to roll the puzzle of a sensory jutsu through his head.

'Maybe something incorporating chakra threads and yin chakra? No that was too intensive...and it reminded him of genjutsu too much. Ugh, many this was hard. Had his other jutsu been this difficult to develop?' Thinking back to when he had developed Shinku-shitsu, he had to admit that it had been difficult. Of course, the idea of that had been much easier for him to come up with, it had been the mechanics that were difficult.

Maybe that was it, maybe it was that he didn't have a true idea of what he wanted, just a vague desire for a sensory technique. Frowning slightly at the thought, he sighed and cast the thought process to the back of his mind before picking up his pace.

After a few more minutes went by he arrived at the gate and there she was, lazy-sensei herself, otherwise known as Umichi Kamimizu. He smirked a bit, he'd been giving her mixed treatment for the last couple of weeks, shifting between being the model genin, providing help and being as helpful as he could, or being insufferable by way of refusing to help, or conversely being snarky about it. His teammates had been in on what he was doing and whenever he refused to help them in front of Umichi, he'd made a point of making up for it away from her prying eyes.

In truth he respected the woman, but at the same time he didn't much care for her attitude or the way he caught her looking at them when she didn't think they saw. Then again, perhaps she didn't care if they saw. It wouldn't surprise him if she didn't.

This in mind he approached her and flashed her a grin, “So, looking forwards to this mission as much as I am?” He asked her, practically beaming up at her, hands behind his back.

Was he up to something? Or was he teacher's pet today? That was the question.

Sei Teshima, Squad 5

Sei stood in her green house, a small glass structure behind her family's home, looking over the different plants. Every single plant had been grown from a seed and every single one was poisonous. Putting on her work gloves, Sei picked up a basket and began harvesting from each of the mature plants. A few leaves here, a handful of berries there, and carefully uprooting one plant that could be especially useful. Taking everything to her workbench, she prepared the different forms of the poisons. She had everything from Witch's Gloves to Japanese Yews and even a few imported Belladonna's. Most of the plants were only used as medicines but Sei preferred their raw states. She set half the berries out to dry and put the others in a small vial. The leaves were also dried and the full plant was carefully sectioned off and set in individual envelopes to be stored for later use. Sei bent over her work, careful not to breath to heavily just in case, though she was already starting to build an immunity to some of the weaker poisons, against her parent's wishes.

"Sseeii," a smooth voice called from the pot holding the blue Devil's Helmet beside her.

She looked over at the plant. A small snake's head looked out at her, it's dark, unblinking eyes watched her work. She knew the small mamushi's body was coiled around the plant base, it's light-brown camouflage matching the potting soil. "Yes, Kuro?" She had summoned him the very night Koma had given her the scroll and the small snake had been more than happy to hang around, helping her with her studies, working in the gardens and green house, and training with her a little throughout the week.

Kuro flicked his tongue towards one of the open windows, used to maintain the right temperature in the green house. "We have a guest."

Sei turned to the window. A black cat sat on the sill, it's tail twitching at her. At first, she thought it was just one of the neighborhood strays that her cousins enjoyed feeding, but them she noticed the ninja headband. "Can we help you?"

Hopping into the green house, the two-tailed cat picked its way across the shelves with extreme care. "Koma sends a meow-ssege."

Kuro slithered out of his hiding place, coming to rest on Sei's wrist.

The cat jumped over to the work table and sat in a sun-spot, just staring at Sei like an old general.

She sat straighter and waiting. The two just stared at each other for a minute, Sei's gaze traced the scar over one of the cat's eyes and she wondered what kind of stories he could tell.

"Koma says to meet him in front of the office center in meown. Pack for a long trip." He disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"Ssheesh," Kuro hissed, "dramatic much?"

"Why would he change our meeting location?" Sei hurriedly packed away the pouches before sanitizing her tools and work bench. "Come on." Picking up the snake, she ran from the green house, across her grandmother's garden, and into the house. "Grandmother, I have to go." She grabbed her bag and ran for the door. "I'll be back in a few days. Bye!" Outside, she ran for the town center, cradling Kuro in her hand.

It didn't take long to reach the town center. Panting for breath, Sei slowed and walked the rest of the way, looking around for her sensei and new teammates.

Yuuki Uchiha: Squad 4
Walking down the main street, Yuuki was forced to stifle a yawn. Most of his time over the past several days had been spent working on his new jutsu. Often to the point of complete exhaustion. That said nothing of the training field he'd be working in... lots of scorched earth left behind in the genin's wake. I think I've got the size about right now. Yuuki offered a short wave to the Yamanaka setting up shop for the day. He needed to try and remember to pick up some things from there on the way home. His garden had been somewhat neglected thanks to his training as of late.

My accuracy still really sucks though. Not something I could use in a real fight yet. Unless his target wasn't shinobi for whatever reason. A regular bandit would be slow enough for his jutsu to take out. The burst on impact helped make up for misses at least.

A little anyway.

Wonder how long we're going to be gone? I have more than enough for several days, but still... Finally reaching the gate, Yuuki couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at his already sleeping sensei. Seriously? It was tempting to peg the jounin with one of the small stones laying on the path, but he didn't feel like being beaned with something far bigger in retaliation.

"Oi, Nobu-sensei, you're not gonna sleep the whole day again are you?"

"Hey, sensei! Bet'cha I can make it down!"

Takara hesitated a moment before slowly looking up. She knew the voice, and that whenever something started with 'bet'cha' things would never end well for those involved. Instead, all the jounin could do was sigh and rub her eyes at the subsequent faceplant. "Morning Mai..." And right on cue, Hideki nearly choked on his drink from watching things go down.

At least they were energetic...?

Takara sighed and shook her head, waiting for Aiko to draw close before speaking once more. "Anyway, we're headed for Yakushibe to the north of here. To be precise, we're going to Akahito Mine that sits just outside the town. The villagers rely on the raw ore and goods made from the iron mined there for their livelihood." She folded her arms in front of her chest as she continued. "Recently a group of bandits has moved in and taken over, preventing anyone from gaining access to the mine. Our mission is to clear them out."

The Jounin's expression was stern as her gaze moved between each of them, lingering a touch longer on Mai. "They may be nothing more than common thieves but be mindful, they could have put up traps or simply try to overpower you. You may have your training and may be shinobi, but you are still genin. Try to charge off alone and you'll jeopardize yourself and the rest of the team."

Takara turned and started out the gate. "The mine is about twenty-six kilometers away so we'll have plenty of time for questions on the way. Let's go."

Yukari Hyuuga: Squad 5

Without a single word, Yukari moved to stand near Koma. The past week had been long, and dealing with Hikari had done little to help matters. Thankfully there weren't any fires that couldn't be contained. She'd take whatever small victory she could get. Though more sleep would have been nice... didn't look like she'd gotten all that much dealing with the stubborn yokai.

Her milky eyes silently regarding the academy she was a student at not even a month ago. Sure, they still visited it frequently to pick up new missions and receive their payment once the job was completed, but it still felt weird walking into it. "Figured I wouldn't be the first one here." She spoke up finally, looking around. "Tch, that Sei girl better not have gone and poisoned herself or somthing."

Mai Sanada

Despite the impact, Mai's groan was more from failing her challenge than pain. She was up in a second like nothing had happened, though dirt still clung to her face. She muttered to herself.

"Hmm, I see, need to work on my grip strength, my body could be stronger."

She looked around at Hideki's laughter, and immediately put her hands on her hips.

"What's the laughter for? Bet you couldn't get close. I almost made it perfectly fine, my grip just slipped. Geez, so immature."

To Aiko, she had a similiar remark.

"Hey, I might not be the brightest, but I've got a great bod. It'd be a shame not to use it to its fullest! That'd be what real stupidity is!"

She noticed the dirt stain, and wiped it off her face, completely unladylike with a bit of spit, elbow grease, and the back of her hand. She readjusted her backpack, then realized that's what the problem was, she'd forgotten to take the extra weight into account. Or at least that's what she'd blame.

Takara stared directly at her as she gave directions. Mai grinned at the prospect of fighting bandit. It slowly, creepily grew. Mai was fantasizing the fight already, and her hand already shook in excitement, curling and uncurling a fist. Then sensei told them not to rush after them. Where was the fun in that? Wait... Sensei was staring at her the whole time, there had to be a reason for that. Was that like a secret wink?

Mai's creepy grin only grew. She got to punch something, and it was a mission this time! She'd been training for so long, she finally got to use these skills! She'd been worrying they'd not get a chance to use them.... and to be able to fight, in an intense competition against a bandit? A no good lowlife who wouldn't hesitate to make things lethal if she messed up? The ultimate challenge! She audible shook.

"S-so describe these bandits to me! How are we going to chase them off? How many are there? H-how many punches do I get to give out?"

Hideki Ukita
Squad 6
"How many punches? Mai don't be crazy, you only need one to blast em all into the next land over." Hideki itched his nose, trying his best to sound truthful. Though he honestly could hide his smirk no matter what he did. "So our mission is a subjugation one huh? Is there any certain things we need to know? Any specific individuals we have to look out for?" the young man questioned as he kept pace with his sensei. He'll admit, he never really got to much of a chance this last while to know his sensei at all. Should he know her? Is it the same as hanging out with your teacher?

Well, she is his teacher.

But is it the same as the academy?

He did take out his teacher and matsuri to lunch that day.... Now that he thought of it he hasn't done anything with his two new partners in crime and all things ninja related. Maybe after the mission.

He looked over to the group, the new group that he was with, it was so different from the one he had started out with... Aiko... Mai... he only hoped they were ready to work as one... or at least as a loosely fitted group. They might have to come out of this with a kill under their belts... or upon their backs more likely. Was that a sin he was willing to take upon himself? Willingness to end a life for another to live?

"...So... 26 km eh? Good walk, Anyone know somethin' to do on the way?' he asked the others, half expecting Mai to come up with something immediately involving fighting.

Aiko Uchiha
Squad 6

A combat mission was exactly what Aiko had been expecting. However she didn't know that it would be combat with some grunt bandits. From the way sensei spoke, it seemed that the bandits would be far from ninja. It sounded like a relatively simple mission, until sensei said that charging in alone would cause trouble. Aiko had forgotten about one of her teammates tendencies.

"Will we be stopping by the village before we head into the mine? A map of the mine would be helpful in case one of us got lost," Aiko refrained from glaring at Mai as she spoke.

Aiko was excited to get to the mine, and was already planning out how she would deal with the bandits. If the bandits weren't ninja, than her clones and ice traps would wreak havoc. With her meat shield companions fighting more directly, she could keep her distance.

Then that brought up another question. How much would sensei assist them in this mission? Surely she wouldn't just leave the combat up to them. Aiko looked up at the sky and back at Takara as they walked. She was certain that sensei wouldn't simply let them get their heads bashed in.

When Ukita asked about something to do as they walked, Aiko did in fact think something up. However, it would be better for them if they conserved their energy rather than chase after water clones. She could picture it now. Mai and Ukita chasing after a water clone of herself only to get drenched when they catch it.

Aiko shook her head. She had to focus on the task ahead. Fun and games could wait until they returned home. Then her dad would be happy, and maybe more of the Uchiha at the coumpound would recognize her. That was the goal. Realizing she was beginning to fall behind, Aiko hastened her pace, walking behind Ukita.

tumblr_nboqt3eLgp1qc9zfzo4_r2_250.gif

3a1dfbf0-2d76-49d9-afb9-09a1e369690f.png
Tags:
Orikanyo Orikanyo

R E I ○ S H I

Rei sat in her shared room with her least favorite of people. It figured that the orphanage would not have enough space for everyone to have their own rooms but Rei still cursed her luck to have been stuck with Aian; her blonde tormentor who seemed to have it out for her. For years now they had been roommates, both growing more bitter about the situation as time went on, and Rei had a feeling that would not change any time soon.

"Your ends look very straight today," Aian commented as she stared disinterestedly out the window. It didn't take a genius to realize a thinly veiled insult when they heard one, but Rei decided to take it at face value. She found it easier to simply nod and smile at everything the blonde said, instead of getting into a neverending battle of insults.

"Thank you, Aian. Your makeup is looking particularly natural," she returned, with all intent to be polite, but unable to stop herself from reciprocating a slight jab at the girl's often heavy makeup. For the briefest of moments, Rei had a vision of herself simply pushing Aian out the window, but was quickly brought back to reality at the disgruntled sound that left the other's mouth.

"Eck. A stray." Aian huffed, recoiling from the open window just a bit. It was common knowledge throughout the orphanage she had a phobia of germs and strays were probably very high on her list of dirty things.

Unable to see exactly what she was talking about as her form blocked the window, Rei simply shrugged. "Maybe they have rabies," she mumbled under her breath, very careful to make sure the other girl didn't hear it. One could only hope Aian would catch something that would shut her up save for pained groans for a while.

"Maybe they're hungry," she offered aloud.

"Of course, you would want to feed it. It's a filthy stray, after all; you have a lot in common."

The moment the words left the blonde's mouth, Rei felt her eyebrow twitch. Had it been anyone else she might've crushed them under the sole of her shoe. Instead, she exhaled softly and stood to her feet from her tatami mat. Again, she had visions of pushing the blonde, and felt her fingers flex from anticipation. It was ground level, so it wasn't as if the girl would be seriously injured. A few scrapes, possibly bruises if Rei were particularly rough about it.

"Let me handle it," she groused, pushing the other with a lot less force than she wanted out of the way. On the windowsill sat a black cat with a silky coat, ninja headband situated on its feline body.

"You're excused," Aian huffed at the lack of manners and was completely ignored in favor of the cat. Rei stared at it for a prolonged period with squinted eyes, scrutinizing it, before she finally seemed to come to a conclusion. Her red eyes widening, she clasped her hands together loudly and gasped in a dramatic fashion.

"Oooh, a cat burglar," she sing-songed, particularly fascinated by the forehead protector it carried, "Somewhere a ninja is probably searching for his missing hitai-ate." Childishly, the thought of a high-ranking ninja looking for his forehead protector as a cat pranced around town with it caused her to burst into a fit of giggles, and she covered her mouth with the back of her left hand in a rather courtly manner. She was aware of the frowning girl beside her, however, and decided to rein it in. Curiously, she reached out to pet the feline.

"Paws to yourself, young lady, or at least ask first. Nyah." The cat barked in a surly tone as it used one paw to bat softly at the incoming hand. He had been running about all day, getting his fur dirty and being pet by whatever stray child caught him unawares. He JUST got himself all prettied up for his date later and suddenly now he had to get it all done again! What kind of man would he be if he didn't look his best for his wife?

A married one.

But at least this was the last genin he had to collect... Cute one too, pity about the living situation mind. He knew about this place and he wasn't about to bring it up anytime soon. Yeah, don't need to ever remind people why a person lives in these types of places, or rather, have no choice but to.

"...Ah! I had forgotten, nyah. Koma said to come to the Mission distribution center by noon. He is your sensei, so remember to be respectful and... Nyah, what does it matter," the cat sighed, its two tails swaying below its seat on the windowsill. "So tired...No time for puns," the cat seemed quite finished for the day. "..Nyah! Hey kid! Mind giving me a lift to the place, nya? Maybe give me time for a nice ol' cat nap?" The cat suddenly stood up, displaying its twin tails above as they swayed through the air.

"It's Senshin, by the way."

Rei's eyes widened comically, the expressions mirrored by Aian beside her. Neither had been privy to talking to cats before, and despite living in a hidden village and having knowledge of such things, both were still very much surprised. "You're a talking cat." She deadpanned, her mind taking the briefest of moments to process what was before her. Then, as if a switch had been flipped, her demeanor changed and she grinned slyly at the feline.

"Wow, you're very well spoken. Look, Aian, his vocabulary almost rivals yours," she snickered while feigning civility. It was clear as day that the blonde knew it for what it was; an insult. But before there could be a rebuttal, Rei reached out for the cat again, this time with success, and brought him close to her face to study; her red orbs looking into his feline eyes.

"You have two tails, little demon," she mused mostly to herself, having missed it previously, and stared him down, "Kinda like Aian has two ponytails. So I guess you two also have something in common! Alright, I'll give you a lift. But you have to put in a good word for me with the new sensei. You scratch my back, et cetera. Yeah?" Rei didn't really believe in helping out others without getting something in return, anymore. That was something she abandoned shortly after she came to the orphanage. Some could call it hypocritical of her based on her past, and even her life at present, but she wouldn't really care. When someone helped her out, she would repay them however she could. But she would seldom offer help to others if she felt they could not return the favor. It made one wonder why she took interest in the life of a kunoichi.

Before Aian could say anything more, as Rei didn't want to hear a single word from the irritating blonde, she situated the cat on her shoulder and walked briskly by her roommate to grab her pack filled with all her important ninja gear she didn't wear on the daily. As she grabbed it and placed it on her free shoulder and headed towards the door, she called over her shoulder to the girl, "Don't touch my stuff, bye!"

Once she closed the door behind her, annoyed shouts coming from the single occupant within the room, Rei's sight locked on a door further down the hall. It belonged to Hiashi, a male orphan a few years older than her. He would be leaving soon, already working at a shop nearby, and for some reason Rei was instantly reminded of that fact as she prepared to leave for a mission. She wondered briefly if she should let him know she would be gone for awhile, but quickly dismissed the idea. They weren't talking at the moment, due to his selfish decision to leave the orphanage soon, and Rei would not be the first to cave and break the silent treatment. She didn't care if he was like a brother to her and the only person in Konoha she could confide in; she was never the first to crack. Frowning deeply, Rei steeled herself and walked right past his room, ready to report to her new sensei and meet her new team.

If he was gone when she came back...then so be it.

When Rei reached the meeting place, in front of the Academy, her running steps faltered and came to a halt. She had yet to meet anyone from her team, aside from the little demon resting on her shoulder, and she felt the need to scope them out for a bit. Staying at a safe distance, she studied the girl in her direct line of sight. Dark hair that seemed to have a violet tint to it in the sunlight, rather revealing outfit, and an envious bust; all inconsequential information she quickly stored for later. What mattered most were the pale, pupiless eyes the girl possessed. Rei had come across those eyes before, back in school. Her teammate had the Byakugan and therefore hailed from the Hyūga clan. Why to anyone else that might seem exciting, Rei visibly grimaced. There was something about this village and 'great clans' that always rubbed her the wrong way. "And the little orphan girl is privileged to find out she can be on the same team as a Hyūga. A great honor," she mocked under her breath, taking a dig mostly at herself in a flippant manner as she was prone to do.

Moving her attention from her new teammate, she moved from her position behind a nearby tree while trying to keep hidden. She wanted to catch a glimpse of her new sensei without his awareness, just out of curiosity. Unfortunately, she realized she would be too easily spotted if she tried any method of craning to see him from where she was. After all, as the Hyūga was in her direct line of sight, she would also be in hers if she moved. "I wonder if our sensei's a good sensor," she mused quietly, realizing her lack of foresight to question that beforehand. If they were, they definitely could've picked up on her presence by now. And just as that thought went through her mind, she felt the cat on her shoulder shift a bit and another important realization ran through her head. Her sensei would almost definitely be able to sense the little demon she carried! Groaning quite audibly at her most definite stupidity, Rei left her hiding spot behind the tree and walked into sight. Usually she would make a dramatic entrance to start off on the right foot but her embarrassment at her idiocy left her feeling a bit self-conscious, despite only her knowing about it...and possibly her sensei. Speaking of whom, she could now clearly see him and he was...different, to say the least. Definitely not what she was expecting.

"I'm Rei, the replacement," she simpered. trivializing the whole transfer situation, "Also the bringer of little demons." Belatedly, she lifted the cat from her shoulder and held him out towards her sensei, acting as if he were some gift she was anxiously giving away. Her body was tense, but she tried her best to hide her nervousness. While Rei was usually pretty self-confident, it only made sense that she would have nerves when meeting a new group of people she would experience an important part of her life with. Briefly, she wondered where her last teammate was.

Code by JayeTheKat JayeTheKat

Last edited:
Sei Teshima, Squad 5

It was strange seeing the academy now that she was a genin. When she was studying there, it felt like graduation would be some magical event that instantly transformed her into something else and she would be able to take on the world. Now, looking back, she felt like it had been almost a lie. She'd been silly and ignorant and, even though she was no longer a snot-nosed kid, she was still far from ready to reach those lofty dreams. Shaking her head, Sei hurried on until she found her sensei.
Koma stood, calm and pleasent as always, waiting patiently for the genin to arrive. Sei internally winced when she saw Yukari was already there. Not that she had anything against her teammate, it was just Yukari felt closed off to her. Like there was some kind of unspoken barrier that Sei wasn't allowed to cross. Don't be ridiculous, she told herself as she approached. It's just because you haven't really gotten to know her very well. They'd worked together plenty of times, but they lived on opposite ends of the village, making it unlikely for them to interact outside of training and missions.
There was a similar problem with Rei, who stood next to Yukari. I really need to get out more and hang out with them. She didn't know much about Rei; just that her living situation was stressful and she didn't like talking about it.
Sei gave her team members a small smile as she approached. "Good morning." She stopped beside them. "Sorry I took so long."

KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo WickedDreams WickedDreams

Last edited:
Makorama Senju
Team Mako
Entry #45:

The Valiant Senju leaped into the air, attempting to escape from his foes with his majestic movement! The enemy shinobi were smarter than our hero had anticipated. The three of them gathered before the Senju with brazen akin to a predator. However, our magnificent hero was no prey!

With a formation of his hands, the Senju conjured up a black cloud, yelling out the jutsu's name: "Water Style: Black Rain Technique!"

From the sky above the three enemy shinobi, fell black liquid with a thick viscosity, any knowledgable man or woman would know what this liquid was. Oil.

Our hero performed another seal as roots beneath the enemies feet began to ensnare their victims. The Black Rain had stopped as our valiant hero leaped past with dazzling speed.

With a flick of his wrist, a red tag was sent flying towards the oil and in a glamour of flames, the enemy was no more. Our valiant Senju had won the day.

End of Entry

"What a way to end a story... Except, my tales of glory are void and bare if I cannot have a beautiful maiden by my side. One day these memoirs of amazement will sweep her off her feet!"

The day had started beautifully. The birds chirping. The sky shimmering blue. It was incredulous that nobody had found the spot that Mako was currently writing in.

He was at the edge of the training fields in a small clearing that housed a beautiful pond with a rock big enough to sit on in the middle of the water.

Most of Makorama Senju's days began this way, training before the sun rises, writing as it begins to hang itself in the air. However, now that he was a sensei, that alone time had been cut short for sure.

Both of his students were of considerable potential, but they seemed to lack the same drive that Mako had as a genin. They were both unique, one with a kekkei genkai not much unlike his own, the other being the host to a completely different kind of species than other members of their clan.

They both had drives, those two kids. It just wasn't one that came from struggle, one that Mako could relate to. Sure, now that he was a jonin it was obvious that Mako had very dormant talent as do most ninja, but he never started off as capable as them

However, there was still many things that Mako had to teach them, like what being a ninja is truly about. Not to mention that one of them is very prone to drawing out a fight – which could result in death– and the other relies too heavily on out lasting their opponent.

Every ninja comes with their faults, much like how Mako tends to 'over do' his teachings with his students. He surely had to have caused some bruising.

With all the other teams were acquiring more tasteful missions, Mako couldn't pass up a very special opportunity. He was going to have his team protect a caravan. Which was much like some of his very first missions. It's a timeless classic.

Although Mako would've enjoyed being able to train a bit more, there was no time. Today was his team's very first entry in a new novelization of their shinobi lives.

Now, Makorama Senju – arguably the most attractive of Senju's – was making his way towards the Main Gate. It was there he caught many glimpses of his old friends, and currently only one of his pupils. His body came to a halt, he was in front of all of them, but all they could see was his back. And then it happened: Mako gave his most dramatic look as he turned. His hand pointing to his old classmates.

"Behold! For we all have officially begun a new chapter in our lives! Each day, a new page! And each hour, a new paragraph!", There was a flair in his eyes, a very determined fiery glance. One that held pride and triumph.

"The Tales of the Valiant Senju are over, and the Adventures of Team Mako begins!"

The extravagant Jonin concluded his speech, the air around him seemed to be glowing with his own personal excitement. He was an idiot, a hopeless romantic, and a heart-throb, but mostly an idiot. The only person in attendance that seemed to be interested in the least about what Mako had said was a young platinum-blond haired boy.

"Lazy-Sensei why can't we be that cool?! All you do is fall asleep and blow off training!" The platinum blond yelled to his sensei, a woman clad in a kimono of sorts.

~X~
Ao, Kiyoshi
Team Umichi

These past weeks had been harder on Kiyoshi than people had probably realized, of course he'd never show it. He was too proud of what he had accomplish to really even acknowledge that his home life wasn't very good. Truth be told, the boy had nobody, the only reason he still lived in his own home was because it belonged to his father. Yet, Kiyoshi never really step foot anywhere inside except his own room. He hadn't for a while.

He only used the room to sleep. It was comfortable, clean, but haunting because of what he knew lied beyond his bedroom door. Pictures were enough to send the boy into a sad mood, they were enough to stir something inside of him.

Even with all the mixed emotions about being home, it didn't stop Kiyoshi from being the worker he was. He focused hard on becoming a better shinobi, he wanted to hit hard so he trained his fists, he wanted to be fasted so he trained his legs. There was nothing that Kiyoshi wasn't going to do to prove that he could keep up with all these other genin around him.

He didn't have any kind of kekkei genkai, or any kind of special techniques. He didn't have tactical genius, or any kind of major intellect. He relied on his instinct, his flexibility in battle, the way he was able to move. If you hit him, you can guarantee that he'll find a way to hit harder. If you tried to run, there was no way he wouldn't come after you. The only way to get rid of the problem that is Kiyoshi Ao, you would need to face him head on.

But now, now wasn't the time for words. It was time for actions. Luckily, today was the day that Kiyoshi could show his team what he was truly capable of. The day he could show his lay-sensei that he was gonna be stronger than her one day, whether she liked it or not. The day that he could prove himself to his father.

Then there he was, a man in blue, a large scroll around his waist, as well as the Senju Clan symbol blazing on his back.

"The tales of the
Valiant Senju are over, and the Adventures of Team Mako begins!"

Kiyoshi couldn't contain the excitement at seeing some one who wasn't dreary like the rest of the Jonin Sensei's. It was refreshing, and it was interesting for sure.

"Lazy-Sensei why can't we be that cool?! All you do is fall asleep and blow off training!"

Shikakazu Nara
Team Umichi

Shikakazu had spent the previous few weeks attempting to not only perfect his clan's Shadow Sewing Technique, but additionally use it to deploy his traps without having to move. Training wasn't his favorite thing in the world, but it wasn't hard for the young Nara to recognize how advanced Kotaku was at chakra manipulation; The memory of how quick he was able to set up a make shift landing pad was burned into Shikakazu's mind. "I gotta get this down." The genin murmured as his hands formed the seal to perform the Nara's signature technique. He wanted to perfect his manipulation of his shadow, sending out ten tendrils towards an equal amount of kunai he had scattered in the surrounding woods. Carefully manipulating each one as simultaneously as he could, Shikakazu stretched the tendrils as thin as he could make them to hook the ends of the weaponry. Removing the kunai from their resting places, he simultaneously moved the weaponized tendrils towards his target. Using half of the tendrils to impale the target, they other half retreated towards the boy at their center. Using his newly freed tendrils, Shikakazu attempted to tie the remaining kunai together to form a net base to throw at the stationary target.

Unfortunately for him, the boy didn't have enough skill to manipulate his shadow delicately enough to properly tie the wire to the kunai. And so when he threw it, the kunai simply missed the target and went flying past it. "Shoot." he muttered as he stopped the jutsu to go retrieve his tools. "I was so close that time. Oh well I. I have the Shadow Sewing technique down for binding an opponent at least." He said with a slightly disappointed sigh as he picked up the last kunai. "I guess its just about time to go meet Umichi Sensei at the Gate."

Shikakazu liked his sensei. She wasn't a hard nosed stickler, and it gave the Nara boy time to himself. Sure, the name Lazy Sensei given by Kiyoshi was completely accurate, but the relaxed attitude was just what he wanted. He also immensely respected Umichi, he could tell that she was a very powerful ninja who just didn't want to show it. Guess it is sometimes easier to have less expected of you, the boy thought as he traveled to the village gate.

It seemed that he was the last of his squad to arrive, hearing Kiyoshi's yelling about how the team wasn't as cool as another team. "Hey, I happen to enjoy not training every waking second of the day." Shikakazu said with a grin as he approached his squadmates and sensei, greeting the three with a smirk. "Glad to see you didn't leave without me."

At the sight of one of her students practically shaking with excitement, Takara could only sigh and rub the bridge of her nose. A quiet "Dammit," being muttered under her breath. She snatched the genin by her ear, "None if you rush in alone." The jounin warned, giving her ear another sharp tug before letting go.

"Behold! For we all have officially begun a new chapter in our lives! Each day, a new page! And each hour, a new paragraph!"

Takara couldn't help but cringe, immediately recognizing the voice. "And that's our cue to leave," She quietly commented before taking off at a brisk pace. Fast enough to put distance between the team before she could be roped into any conversation, but still slow enough her students could keep pace.

"Now then to answer your questions: the village sent in a map of the mine in with the mission request. Though assuming things go smoothly we will be spending a night there before returning home." Violet hues glanced back at the young trio, "The suspected number of targets is fifteen so they will have the advantage in both numbers and in knowing the terrain.

You may now be genin, but it doesn't take much in the way of training to take a pickaxe to the back of someone's head. Trying to go in alone will more than likely get you seriously injured or killed."
Takara was silent for a moment to let her words sink in. "Killing them isn't necessary, but at least incapacitating and capturing them is. I'll be there to keep things from getting out of hand." Though she couldn't do much to protect them if they rushed away from her.

Umichi Kamimizu - Squad 3

Umichi's taunt at the other jonin was broken by her first genin's appearance. It was Kotaku. Umichi reflexively covered her jar of water... She remembered the last time she'd left it unattended. He'd been so amiable that day too, she'd put him incharge of the session, left her water out... and it was hot... and it just got bad to worse. He definitely wasn't her least favorite genin, but the switch was almost scary.

“So, looking forwards to this mission as much as I am?”

Umichi relaxed.

"♪Yes I am. You all get to do a very important mission. It used to be A-ranked in the past. I can't wait to see how you perfooorm. Can't wait for your teammates.♪ "

And they've found so much there that they've downgraded it to a C. Enough to say we're still searching, not enough to actually put resourced into it.

Umichi's face was as pleasant and sing-songy as ever, though they'd known her long enough to know better, and that was more than an hour. Still, she wanted to keep her cool long enough to at least give the other jonin a good impression. Then she heard a voice, and her entire facade broke.

"Behold! For we all have officially begun a new chapter in our lives! Each day, a new page! And each hour, a new paragraph!",

Umichi broke, and immediately hunched over staring at the ground re-questioning her entire life. Her former teammate, Makorama.... of course. That Senju philanderer.

"Shit."

Nothing her little demons could do could compare to a minute with that man. She panickedly looked around, spotting Kiyoshi coming up. Her breathing intensified.

"Lazy-Sensei why can't we be that cool?! All you do is fall asleep and blow off training!"

Umichi debated internally whether to run now. To grab the two who had shown up, and run fast, and run hard. That, however, would leave her, for a week, with her second and third worst nightmares without a second of common decency. She could do this. She could do this. Just had to wait for one more person. She turned, taking deep breathes as her smile resumed, though it had the consistency of cracked glass.

"♪That's an easy one. Uzume has given us her blessing, it's called dignity. And whatever did you mean 'lazy-sensei', silly? I recall teaching you very well how to walk on water. I even used a speeeecial jutsu of mine to make sure you didn't fall in.♪"

Don't blow this for me beast, don't blow this for me. My reputation with the other Jonin's all I have left. Leave me with a sliver of dignity.

"Hey, I happen to enjoy not training every waking second of the day. Glad to see you didn't leave without me."

Oh thank Izanagi.

"♪We could neeever do that. Alright, now that all of us are here, let's move out.♪" Her voice dropped. "Now."

Umichi practically sprinted much as Takara had, heading North. It was only after a bit she turned to her genin, her voice much less sing-songy. She practically glared at Kiyoshi.

"Alright, we're headed to a town called Tsushima. Sometimes ninja's aren't hired to succeed, that's us. We've been pestered to do this job so many times they've dropped it from A to C ranked. We can't say no, the pay's too good, but we can't exactly lie either. We're basically seeing what's happened to the town. We go there, camp for a week, say we tried, and come back. Might have to deal with a rogue bandit or two, but probably our worst enemy is poison ivy.

Oh, if the client comes to meet us, please transform to look older, and make it look like we're trying our best. I mean, you guys want to be heroes, feel free, come's with a huge pay raise, buuuuut, we are the 10th squad to be sent out, I'm not too hopeful. It's nice and easy job if you don't mind failure. That said, someone seems to have it in their head that I'm 'lazy-sensei'. Anyone with that sentiment is free to try and train with me, until they break, and go home crying. Or I can just let them meet Tsukiyomi, Amaratsu, or Ryujin, their choice."

yoshua171 yoshua171 Retro-Grey Retro-Grey rooke rooke
-----------------------------------------------

Mai Sanada

Mai resumed her hands on her hips at Hideki.

"Don't be stupid Hideki. How can I punch them at once if we don't even know if are in the same room? It'd take one punch each, unless.... hmm, what if-"

She was cut off by Takara also answering her question with a tug on her ear.

"Ow. Ow. Ow. Ooooooh, oh, there."

She was promptly let go. No punches.... got it. Today was leg day. It really was it seemed, Takara took off. Was it just Mai, or did Takara look scared? Eh, probably wasn't right. Takara then made the mission more exciting by describing exactly what would happen if they were off guard for a minute, this was going to be fun!

"I got a question. If the bandits are in the mine, why didn't they just blow it up? I mean, you can dig back the entrance fairly easy, but bandits couldn't dig out. I mean, take a week, and... nevermind, just realized how boring that sounds. Leave this to me! I'll beat the crap out of them. Just watch out for pickaxes, got it."

She kicked straight up with her leg, breaking a tree branch in the process to demonstrate.

"So... Sensei, what was your first combat mission like anyways? What'cha expecting from us? I haven't got to actually use my fist against anything yet, how many ya figure I should go for? I mean, I guess I got my wheels, but figure they don't deserve'em yet."

KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Hotaru Hagano
-Team Mako-

The moth was still, completely unfazed by the thin metal implement prodding it and gently lifting its delicate, red and brown mottled wings. It was dead after all.

"Subject is of above average size and wingspan." said a young, female voice coming from somewhere above the insect and the sound of a pencil scratching on paper could be heard as well. "Wing damage and balding is consistent with aging as well, probable cause of death dehydration or starvation due to natural deterioration hindering feeding." Hotaru said, dropping the pencil and moving her attention form the notepad by her side back to the magnifying glass that was fixed over the dead moth. "Well we'll know for sure once we cut you open won't we bud?" she murdered, not bothering to write that last thought down.

Hotaru had found the moth in the bottom of her bag, during a fairly routine inspection of her moth population and the bag that served as their portable habitat. Most days Hotaru simply gave the bag and its residents a quick once over and topped up their food source but every now and then it was a good idea to conduct a more thorough examination, carefully checking the bag for any common material and monitoring the moths for any unusual behavior or damage. Even when she did a full inspection it was rare for Hotaru to bother dissecting one of the deceased moths unless she noticed anything out of the ordinary. She hadn't noticed anything today, but it was her first mission and it never hurt to be careful, besides she'd gotten up two hours earlier than usual to make sure everything was perfect for today, that had turned out to be needlessly cautious estimation and she'd ended up with some time to kill.

The young genin took a break from her autopsy to take a bite from the slice of toast sitting on her other side and winced. blech, cold.

"You're still here?" Asked an older voice from behind her somewhere. "You're going to be late,"

"S'alright," Hotaru assured her mother through a mouthful of cold toast. "I got up two hours early, I've got plenty of time,"

"You've been working there for three hours though," said Wakaba Hagano, sounding annoyed, the rustle of cloth that followed was, Hotaru knew from prior experience, her folding her arms in front of her. "You are going to be late,"

Geh. I must have have lost track of time. Hotaru thought, abruptly standing up and shouldering the brown satchel sitting by her feet. "Okay I'm going!" Hotaru said hurriedly, brushing past her Mother and hopping near the doorstop to pull her shoes on. "Clean up for me?" She was out the door and long gone before her Mother had even finished sighing in irritation. Hotaru kept running, her turquoise hair fluttering in the breeze, determined to make up at least some lost time.

"Main gate," she muttered to herself, abruptly halting and turning down an alley she was reasonably sure was a shortcut. "And uh which team am I again? Mako? I hope they're interesting at least." Hotaru's shortcut petered out into a dead end so she was obliged to reach the rooftops with a series of jumps and continue up there. Aside from startling a small cluster of crows and disturbing somebody's laundry when she cut across a balcony the journey was fairly pleasant. it was nice being up high when the weather was this nice and it sure beat pushing her way through the foot traffic.

Another sequence of short, carefully aimed jumps brought Hotaru back down to ground level right near the main gate, where a small cluster of children her own and interspersed with a couple of adults was milling about. Most of them seemed to be leaving so Hotaru assumed they weren't waiting for her. One of the adult's was standing his ground though, ranting something about a book?

"Behold! For we all have officially begun a new chapter in our lives! Each day, a new page! And each hour, a new paragraph!", There was a flair in his eyes, a very determined fiery glance. One that held pride and triumph.

"The Tales of the Valiant Senju are over, and the Adventures of Team Mako begins!"

Hotaru rolled her eyes. Hopefully her sensei wouldn't be that weir- wait Team Mako? Dammit.

"Well he at least looks interesting," she muttered before jogging over and introducing herself with a wave.

Lemme see... smiles #1 through #8 are probably too wide, smiles #9 and #10 peer reviewed as overly sinister. Something warm but polite... #14? #14.

"Hi!" Hotaru said, joining her hands behind her back and smiling innocently. "You're my sensei right? I'm Hotaru,"

Hideki Ukita

Team Takara

The young man couldn't help but smirk at Takara's ear pinching, and just how Mai kept doing that cute "scolding" thing. Really though, was this girl actually considering what he said? He'll admit he had notice how easy it was to give her some more interesting ideas. He may have had a hand in the whole burning garden issue due to his little quips... not that he would admit that of course, he was a pure and innocent man who could do no wrong.

Though it seemed his sensei wanted to leave after hearing somebody start shouting, naturally, he also wanted to follow suit as such can only cause one of their group to become interested, go look what caused it, and cause a whole new racket... or worse.

"Thats good sensei, happy you wouldn't leave us to deal with it ourselves. best way to be sure everything goes smoothly right? I'd be happy to see that crystal thing again, maybe you'll turn them into more crystal flowers eh?" Hideki was honest, despite his joking, in truth he fully believed they wouldn't be able to complete the whole mission without her, just something in his gut said "You're kinda weak right now." And he rather not end up underneath the heel of some inbred degenerate.

He leaned back and glanced behind himself at Aiko, who seemed to be following the group.. Admittedly he knew as much about this one as he did Mai... Though he had a feeling he shouldn't mess with her, at least not to much.

There really was not very much to talk about... Save for the mission... hell they didn't even know to much of each other before during the academy days..

Man this walk was boring...

Squad 4: Dotou Hayashi

Dotou was not a morning person in the least, and the extensive training he'd put himself through certainly hadn't helped it. He rose from his bed much like a mummy rises from it's tomb. His movements were zombie like as he walked around his house. No, even a zombie would have been more agile. He didn't worry too much about being late; he'd gotten up early in prediction of his slow morning movements. After he'd gotten ready, he shambled out of the door. He'd made sure he had just enough time to stop by his favorite little tea shop before he left. The place had always been the perfect place for a hungry kid without a lot of money to get a snack. It always opened real early to catch any ninjas that were heading out on missions in the morning. His stomach growled when the smells of cooking food reached his nostrils. He stumbled in, sat down, held a hand up, and muttered something. Then he slumped against the table. A middle aged woman approached him; she was the owner of this establishment. She was rather tall but thin and dressed in traditional robes, and she walked about in a the most graceful manner she could. The crinkles of skin near her eyes were one of the few things that really hinted at her true age. The specks of grey in her black hair was another giveaway. Her face wore a stern expression. It was the face of a woman Dotou knew well. The owner let out a long, bothered sigh. Dotou thought it was much to early for anyone to be so composed. "Fantastic. You're back." The woman's sarcasm was barely concealed. " I take it you want your usual order?" He asked even though he already knew the answer. Dotou nodded ever so slightly and made a grumbling noise. The woman's stern face quickly turned to one of disgust. "Would you have some common decency? Time of day is no excuse for such sloppiness! " She lectured, but Dotou didn't answer. In fact, he wasn't moving at all. Anyone who didn't know him well may have feared that he was seriously ill or dead, but the woman just sighed, shook her head and walked away muttering something about disliking serving kids. Dotou wasn't worried though. He knew she'd never kick him out.

Several moments passed, and Dotou heard something large placed next to him. He opened his eyes to a plate full of food. Rice, miso soup, and grilled snapper with oolong tea just liked he ordered. It took a moment for him to take all of this in. ...isn't this a lot more then what usually comes with the meal? The woman somehow managed to read the look on Dotou's face through the bandages. Her expression softened for just a moment. "Consider it a customer loyalty benefit." She assured. He exression quickly reverted to its normal stern self. "Besides, if I just let you sit there looking starved; it would be bad for my business." She added. The boy blinked in surprise. His father had always said she was a heartless wrench, but Dotou thought she was quite kind but didn't like to show it. Maybe that's just how business people are. The smell of food and the growling of his stomach, brought him out of his thoughts. No matter what people thought of the owner, no one could deny that her food was good. With new found vigor, he sat up, loosened his bandaging, and began scarfing down the food. The owner's face shifted back to disgust once again. "Have some manners! This isn't a barn!" The lecture made Dotou jump, and he slowed his eating a bit. No matter how kind he thought she may be; she was scary. The woman sighed once again. "You've been skipping meals again haven't you?" She accused. Dotou swallowed what he'd been chewing and rubbed the back of his head. "Well...I...needed some...training weights...so." He trailed off. The woman shook her head. "So you've been skipping meals to get by until your dad comes back. You know that's not good; a growing boy needs to eat regularly." She expressed her disapproval. Dotou nodded; he'd heard it all before.The boy had a habit of doing this; his father gave him just enough to get by with regular meals, so if Dotou wanted to buy anything extra he'd have to buy much cheaper foods or just skip meals entirely. "Ok, ok, I'll try to be more careful with my money." He said before returning to his meal.

Dotou finished his meal quickly. He smiled. "Thanks for the meal!" He exclaimed. The food had reinvigorated the boy. The woman raised an eyebrow. "Someone's feeling a lot better. Now don't you have somewhere to be?" Dotou grin grew even wider, and he nodded. "Yeah, my first real mission! I'll tell you all about when I get back!" He yelled and waved as he was already running out the door. "If you must." The woman sighed.Despite this reaction, a small smile had formed on her face as she watched him go. Dotou had grown so much over the past couple of years both physically and mentally. "...his mother would be proud." She quickly turned and went about attending to her other customers.

Dotou sprinted towards the meeting place. He was cutting it a bit closer then he'd initially planned. However, when he drew close he stopped. He slowly approached his destination keeping to the shadows of the early morning. Ever since their first test, Dotou had tried to get a sneak attack off on their sensei. The man had proved himself far more perceptive than any of Dotou's peers. It was a test he'd made for himself. If he was able to land either a single blow, it would show he'd improved. So far none of his attempts had been very successful. Dotou spotted their sensei leaned over and asleep. But today will be different! His eyes filled with a steely determination. Then Dotou saw his teammate, Yuuki, approach the sleeping man. "Oi, Nobu-sensei, you're not gonna sleep the whole day again are you?" With those words, Dotou knew. It's now or never. He body flickered forward. The jumped up to deliver a flying kick towards Nobushige. "Good morning, mummy sensei!" He shouted as he flew through the air with a triumphant smile on his face.

Ganryu Ganryu KageYuuki KageYuuki General_warNpeace General_warNpeace

Last edited:
Standing patiently and waiting for any sign of his team, Kurēn was standing there with no real emotion showing on his face. That’s when his sensei appeared, giving a grand entrance and Kurēn face showed no amusement for the older ninja’s actions. When I heard, I got a Senju as a sensei, I didn’t expect him to be like that. Either way we don’t have time for such pageantries. He begins to walk towards the older ninja when a young female approached him. Great start to the mission. One teammate late and the other being a loud mouth. They should really should be more professional about this. After all, this is our first mission as a team and will set the tone as to how everyone acknowledges us.

“Hello to both of you. It’s a pleasure to meet both of you. My name is Kurēn Kinoko and It’s an honor to have both of your teammates. Hopefully we can be successful together and help each other accomplish our goals.” Overall Kurēn Kept a stoic face, but he did let some slight nervousness come through his voice. The fact is that these people were his team now and he hoped he made a good impression on them. The last thing he wanted was to be the weakest person on the team. More importantly Kurēn wanted to know what their first mission was. AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Retro-Grey Retro-Grey

Aiko Uchiha
Squad 6

Aiko suddenly spoke up from behind the group. "Since this walk is so boring, maybe we can get some last minute training in." She made this offer with a straight face, three ice shurikens had already been formed between her fingers. Her ice shurikens were quite peculiar. They were slightly heavier than the standard issue ones, and traveled a tad slower. However they were incredibly easy for Aiko to create, and could deliver just as much damage as any other shuriken if thrown well.

With a quick motion, Aiko threw all three of them at a tree. They all struck cleanly, forming a near perfect straight line. "Since we're gonna spend the night before we begin the mission, using up a bit of chakra shouldn't be a problem right?" Aiko asked, glancing at Takara before forming the handsign to create one of her water clones. Rising up from a nearby puddle of water, a clone of Aiko stood. The Clone then leaped up into a tree branch. Aiko formed two more ice shuriken, and quickly launched both of them at the Clone. It leaped to another branch, letting the shurikens fly by where it had been.

Aiko hadn't thought much about what the other might do for training while walking. She just knew that she could work on her aim like this, and it didn't cost a huge chunk of chakra. Throwing these shurikens was the only thing that would calm Aiko's nerves at the moment. She didn't show it, but she was incredibly nervous. Ukita and Mai appeared to be their usual selves. They seemed confident to a higher degree than she was as well. Maybe they were just hiding their fear like she was. Not they had anything to fear with a Jonin like Takara with them.

Hitomi
squad 4

It was a grumpy Hitomi that rose to greet the day. An influx of injured ninjas and her lessons meant she did little more then work, study, eat, and sleep. No time to enact any plans or enjoy herself. Now she was expected to go on her first mission. It was only her mother's stubbornness that allowed her to get rested before she had to leave.

Hiding a yawn behind a hand she changed into the outfit she typically wore when traveling. A long sleeved white half jacket with a high collar that covered half her face similar to the coats the Aburame clan favored over a purple tank top and baggy grey shorts that ended at the knees. A pair of black ninja ankle length sandals, her black satchel with her supplies, and orange tinted goggles around her neck completed the outfit. Since sand storms where common in Suna many preferred their skin covered. She had replaced her usual pants with shorts to be more comfortable but the outfit would do for now.

Pulling her hair into a braid as she made her way from the compound she noticed how empty it seemed. No one was there to see her farewell, all free hands were on missions or at the hospital. Sighing she pulled out the prepacked breakfast of crackers, water, and a egg sandwich. Eating them as she made her way to the meeting place. She finished the meal before arriving. And wasn't surprised to see that she was the last one there, as she gained a late start.

She smiled in amusement as she saw Dotou perform a sneak attack on their sleeping sensei. She hadn't spent much time with the man. The lessons or such that they had so far hadn't required him to pay to attention to her and she was usually only half present. Mentally, she was usually still on her lessons with her tutors or trying to figure out a way to secure a patient. Only paying enough attention to the matter at hand to perform it sufficiently and note anything interesting. "Shouting sorts of defeats the purpose of a sneak attack Dotou!"

Last edited:
Kiyoshi Ao
Team Umichi
"Wait…"

Kiyoshi stopped dead in his tracks, staring at the floor to try and gather some clue. He knew that name, he knew that village. When his head rose from it's slouched position, he was already back to walking with his team. There was a sort of stabbing in his chest and a sickness in his gut.

"Umichi-Sensei, what happened to that village?"

His question lingered, not for her to hear and answer, but because it seemed to soothe him to let the words fall out of his mouth. It was as if he was waiting for bile to purge from below his throat. Kiyoshi couldn't help but feel the angst, the anxiety that came with a newfound sense of intuition, and worse of all, like he himself had caused ruin to the poor people of Tsushima.

The poor boy's own lungs began to inhale and exhale more rapidly as the boy began to run ahead of his team. He didn't pay Shikakazu or Kotaku any mind as he pushed past them. It was still clear in his six year old selfs mind the path that led home. The path that led to a place that accepted him no matter his actions. The path that led to Tsushima

It wasn't a place to far from here, but it wasn't a place too close either. Kiyoshi knew that all to well. As if the place didn't harbor sadness already. Too many things happened in that small unnoticeable village. Too many things that were too big to handle.

"HURRY UP GUYS!" Kiyoshi yelled back as the distance between him and his team grew considerably.

yoshua171 yoshua171 Ganryu Ganryu rooke rooke

~X~
Makorama Senju
Team Mako
"Ah I know who you two are. I am your sensei after all… And one of the top Jonin in the village."

Makorama's face held a grin akin to victorious and cocky, of course he had the stories and the skills to back up what he had said, so it was understandable. However, both of his students had made a bad first impression for sure. Even though this isn't the first time Makorama had seen his students, this was the first time he met them formally. They both seemed like a hand full.

"Our mission is not that difficult, we're simply accompanying a caravan to the Hidden Grass," While Mako had turned to face his students, he turned his back to them once more and began to walk, "Don't get too overly-excited Kurēn, which I doubt will happen"

"And to you Hotaru! I'm excited to see your capabilities with those moths! And to address both of you right now–"

Makorama lost his friendly smile, it was replaced by a much darker air, his eyes brooding as he tone became serious, "–Don't be scared of your enemies, because from now on... I am your worst nightmare"

The air of seriousness dissipated as quick as it came, the grin trademark of the Senju came back as well. "Now let's go make our village proud!"

And with that, Makorama began to march with his knees coming up high and even stupider grin plastered on his face.

loyalwolf loyalwolf AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Koma
Squad 5

Operation: Squad 5 in the Shadow's nest.
"So you all have finally arrived, good work Senshin, glad I could count on you." the man regarded his whole team with a happy tone, content they showed up on time, and somewhat at the same time. "thanks kid, Koma I'm heading home, don't work em to hard." the cat thanked Rei, before scampering off into one of the many hide aways in the city. Koma let out a nice, warm, and slightly mischievous smile towards his wonderful genin. "Now, i am utmost certain you all are most curious to why I called you here this day, well, you see this building? Today, we shall be sneaking into it." he turned to the office building before them and pointed up towards an open window.

"We will be getting our mission once we are inside, and we must do it within a specific time frame, lest we get spotted. And you don't want to be spotted, it would ruin the whole game!" his joyous and playful tone never left him throughout the explanation. "Remember, follow me, and stay silent." the man reminded them, before clinging to the wall by the various windows that littered the side of it. "Don't let go, we have abit of a climb to do~!" The man seemed to easily climb the various holds given by the windows, silently and effortlessly climbing his way up the sheer face of the building, and wiggling his way through the window...

For the genin the wall was a moderate challenge, those with good chakra control could use it to climb the wall easily and slip inside the window, but others would have to rely on brute force to make it up. One had to ask, why would they not be taking the stairs? Were they not Konoha genin? What room were they entering? was it an office? if so, whose office was it?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When the genin would make their way up to the office, the office was.. rather bare, a small organized stack of papers upon the desk, the standard symbology of the konoha shown upon the front of it as a file lay atop of the desk... indeed, the room looked rather important, and before the desk stood three chairs, inviting any within the room to sit upon them. And at the desk sat a rather large imposing grey chair, at which Koma sat, snickering.

"Ohohoh~! this is going to be a good one." the man commented to nobody in particular, just hoping the girls would get here before HE showed up.

It was around THAT time so if he knew the man they likely had a good 2 or so minutes to get ready.

Kimiwriter Kimiwriter KageYuuki KageYuuki WickedDreams WickedDreams

(Feel free to have some trouble on the climb, but lets hurry along to the arrival)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back