• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Village Hidden in the Leaves

Yukari Hyuuga: Squad 5
Yukari took a slow breath of the crisp air after stepping through the worn torii gate. Neither she or Sei had been all that keen on going home following the first portion of the exams so, after a couple detours at popular udon and tofu shops, found themselves back in the world of Yokai. Leaves decorated the trees in the fiery hues of autumn, occasionally breaking free in the wind and raining down on the pair.

"Safe to say the proctors never took the Byakugan into account," Yukari spoke up finally, looking to break the silence in the air. "I mean if we weren't in Konoha, I'd understand, but you'd think they'd know better." Not that it really mattered. In the end, the two of them had an easy time of the test. Likely the easiest of all the teams. "Wonder what the second test will be. I'm not too worried about the final portion when we get there at least."

Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Orikanyo Orikanyo

Sei Teshima, Squad 5

Nodding, Sei kept walking, careful to stay in the center of the path. "We're lucky they didn't. But I'm a little worried about what's next. Maybe they made the first one easy to make us feel comfortable before springing something more difficult on us." She shook her head. "The whole thing feels off to me. But I guess I really shouldn't be complaining."

In truth, she wondered if there wasn't some other level of the test that they'd missed in their haste to give the proctor an answer. Was it really just about teamwork and trust or was that only the surface part of the test? What if they missed something that was crucial to whether they passed or failed? Sei shook her head again. She was overthinking it. She just needed to relax and enjoy the break before the next exam.

"Yukari," she hesitated, "you're from a shinobi family; what are the next two exams typically like? Is there something we should be focusing on?"

KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo

Squad 5
KageYuuki KageYuuki Kimiwriter Kimiwriter

The walk through the woods was, while pleasant, oddly charged with a general feeling of anxiety. As if before something extremely stressful like the genin's exam earlier was about to happen once again. The walk was peaceful enough, the eternal autumnal leaves falling over and over from the seemingly never barren trees around them. Despite the unease felt in the air, well, aside from the normal sense of "Why does this place exist." They managed to get to the mansion's front door in record time, almost feeling faster each time they go through the paths.

The large manor lay before them, but this time voices could be heard from inside, sounding a tad troubled.

The fox who sat by the doorway motioned them towards the door with a swish of it's tail. "Come inside, Lady Roku is expecting you."

Yukari shrugged, her gaze following a few leaves that danced in the breeze. "I'm guessing the first exam is kind of like the whole graduation test crap we were put through. Just want to weed out the hopeless cases." Or it was just really dumb luck. Regardless, they passed so there wasn't much point in dwelling on the whole mess. "Ugh, I still smell that stupid blasting powder they used too." She muttered, brushing some hair from her face.

"Everyone knows the third portion, that big tournament that happens every now and then? It's the last part of the Chuunin exams. Really why it's such a big deal." She glanced at her teammate, "Haven't you been to one?" Yukari had gone to watch several of these tournaments over the years with her family. Being a noble family, they were apparently expected to attend. Especially during the years the exams were being held in the Hidden Leaf. "First and second seem to change every year. Second's usually some sort of survival portion, something about stealing scrolls." The Hyuuga would admit she wasn't exactly looking forward to that portion.

Stopping in front of the house, she stared up at it for a moment. "Could have sworn it took longer..." A frown tugged at her lips as voices drifted from inside the house. Yukari offered a slight nod to the fox sitting by the door before heading inside. She wasn't surprised the guardian spirit already knew they were on their way. Hopefully the Kitsune would like the food they'd brought. "Lady Roku?"

Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Orikanyo Orikanyo

Kiyoshi Ao
Squad 3

"First things first, we need a strategy."

Kiyoshi walked in front of his genin teammates, they had miraculously passed the first exam, but their work wasn't done just yet. He was smart enough to be thinking ahead of time how they were going to confront the other teams during the rest of the exams.

Admittedly, he had never seen Kaida fight. But he had to place his faith in the fact that she provided numbers. Koutaku on the other hand was where he had to lay a crutch. He knew first hand what Koutaku was capable of, and vice versa. Would it really be smart to place so much trust on him, if either were to slip up, it'd probably cost them both. And if something like that were to happen, it'd leave Kaida vulnerable to their enemies.

"I was thinking that if the next exam is a 3v3, that we should try and end the fights as fast as we could. Kaida and I should be able to provide enough time to let you think something up Koutaku. Just make sure what you got can take them down."

Kiyoshi grinned wildly at the other two as the three of them closed in on the food stand that the young blond frequently ate at. "Here we are guys! Miso-Madhouse! Home to the best soup dish in all Five Nations!"

yoshua171 yoshua171 Spemout Spemout

Nagisa Kanazawa
-Squad 4-
An Unconventional Strategy

"I can think of people I'd want less in my squad," Nagisa said, thinking of the spectacle that occurred right before the exam. "It's not like you're an active liability so whatever," Nagisa was sitting with her head propped up by her cheek and her gaze slightly turned away from the other two. What were you supposed to say in situations like this? Why was Katsumi so bent out of shape about stuff like this anyway? It wasn't like she seemed particularly weak.

"Survival huh..." Nagisa seemed thoughtful. She had some basic survival skills, the old man had made sure of that much at least, but she couldn't call her skill there advanced or anything like that. "Maybe we should agree on a leader, for that section at least, now. The last thing we want is to be changing our minds, backtracking or distracted by arguing or overthinking what to do. We want to be as alert as possible not focusing on each other," Nagisa paused to let her proposal sink in and then added offhandedly. "I don't really care if we don't but if we go for having a leader it should be Katsumi. I suspect what's going to happen if we have a tough decision to make is that me and you," she gestured loosely at Yuuki, "-Will both have ideas and Katsumi will end up being the tiebreaker anyway. Rather then springing that on her in the heat of the moment and having one person be bent out of shape by being outvoted it'll be easier for us to accept if we agree to abide by her decision now and we can focus 100% on what we're doing,"

KageYuuki KageYuuki
InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Hotaru Hagano
-Squad 7-

The aromatic scent of spices and cooking meat intensified as Hotaru reappeared in the dining area, obscured somewhat by the large earthenware pot that she set down on the table between everyone. As soon as she had done so she craned her neck slightly to peer curiously into the basket and her eyes lit up.

"Oh interesting! They look good! Don't tell us what's in each one and it can be a surprise! Ashi no sniffing them beforehand or you'll know too soon. Also as a fun fact, if those moths are drawn to scale then they could only be one of three species. Most likely it would be the silver dove moth as its known to land on larger, warm blooded creatures during the winter to benefit from their body temperature," Hotaru explained enthusiastically as she began spooning the curry out onto bowls of steaming, white rice.

The curry was a deep, savory reddish brown and the smell, while delicious was not instantly recognizable as one spice or another. It seemed to be a combination of flavors so that at one moment there was a strong whiff of chilli then the next garlic or ginger, at one point it seemed like there was a subtle hint of cinnamon or even cocoa. Bobbing in the pot were generous chunks of tomato carrot and chicken, then other things that looked to be capsicum, onions, pineapple...regular apple as well as some other ingredients that, soaked in the thick broth were unrecognizable by sight alone.

"There's chicken in it and I don't think I made it particularly spicy," Hotaru said to Ashi. "I guess I don't have much to compare it to though, we don't eat out very often and I'm always the one who cooks. You can say that this curry is the result of many experiments and refinements, though not all avenues of our research bore fruit this recipe combines many innovations made in the field of curry, I'm confident you won't taste another like it anywhere else!"

loyalwolf loyalwolf
Hanarei Hanarei

Sei Teshima, Squad 5

A slight blush colored Sei's cheeks. She shook her head. "My grandmother doesn't really approve of forcing kids to fight. She'd always have me helping at the hospital during the exams." Of course there was that one year when she snuck out to watch, but she had only managed to see one fight before her aunt found her. From what she remembered, it didn't really seem like a fair fight.

She smiled when she saw the house and the fox. Seeing something familiar helped settle the unease she still felt for traveling through the yokai realm. Dipping her head slightly to the fox, she stepped inside the house. It smelled like fallen leaves with a hint of pine. The house didn't have the same feeling of anxiety that the rest of the forest did. Sei gave a brief sigh of relief. Maybe things would be alright.

Roku was sitting in one of the rooms, the panels pushed open so she could look out to see the forest. Sei bowed like she'd seen Yukari do.

Roku, Squad 5 affiliate.

Within, the place seemed as it did the last time, though it seems the resident who lived there seemed a tad... Worried as she spoke into a hand mirror she was holding between her hands. "Their so scary! And there's way too many of them! I don't think I can bless them all!" a small familiar voice echoed from behind the mirror, being a very worried and nervous Nona. "Come now, I'm certain you could do it, your shrine looks so much better with that pile of offerings in front of it." she spotted the rather... increasingly large mound of bills that was infront of her sister's shrine, overflowing from the bowl.

"B-b-but, there's so many of them! And I never done a wish for fighting before!" the little kitsune cried yet again through the mirror, as more sounds of clinging coins filled the air. "Ah! Oh no not another! Sissy you have to help me!" Roku sighed before looking up at the two whom just entered her home. "Oh, seems I have visitors. Good luck nona~!" she smiled, waving to the little frantic kitsune before placing the mirror back on a small pedestal.

"Welcome my friends! I'm so very happy to see you both again, and so very soon! I trust you enjoy the gift I gave you both for your job well done? I'm sorry I wasn't able to give you money, I feel so awfully bad giving out money that's given to my shrine." the foxy woman looked towards the two, as another kitsune, this time a slender man, came from around a corner. "My lady, we have finished expanding the springs, this year's tithe from the shrine worked quite-" the fox paused as it saw the humans present. "....I do so ever mean the very sacred and important springs that assist in the great purification ritual, of course." the fox quickly reworded as Roku's tails swished worriedly.

"A-ah yes the springs! Yes..." she held a sleeved hand over her mouth for a moment as she recovered from her light embarrassment. "Umm... How did you exam go? i heard from your sensei you are to be taking it, every year I hear so many worries from the village, I always pity those poor students.. Especially the ones begging for help since they haven't studied..."

Hideki Ukita
Squad 6
the legacy of being to lazy to edit color into posts continues.

"If i'm going to make an ass outta myself Aiko, you are." Hideki ended the debate as he walked towards the building. "Think of it kinda like a team work exercise, a group who can survive embarrassment together can survive anything. Plus, Mai is right, you have a cute voice, even when you're angry." he opened up the door and flashed a glance back to the two. "Aiko knows what happened. Bother her until she admits it." he ended off with sicing Mai on the poor girl until she breaks and admits her... Misstake....

The inside to the place was simple enough, having several rooms, a bar, that doubled as the register, that also wouldn't be serving them anything but soda no doubt. "Evening kids, what can i do for yea?' a moustached man stood behind the register/bar, looking like more of a honest to god bar tender than a karaoke place register worker.

"Hey, we're here to rent out a room for abit." hideki explained "Certainly, an hour?" the barman asked, getting a nod from the young man. "Should be fine,>" he paid for the three, before getting the key and walking forwards. "No backing out you two, or do you want to pay me back?"

Nisekuru, KoutakuTeam 3
Konoha - Miso-Madhouse
As Kiyoshi led the way, Koutaku rolled over the events of the exam in his mind. Something wasn't sitting right with him, and while it was simple, it could spell bad tidings for their team going forwards. What was this issue? Well, it was the fact that Kiyoshi didn't seem to properly trust either of them. Not enough to take his word for something, or even to follow suit when Kaida did.

This disturbed him.

"First things first, we need a strategy."

Pulled from his thoughts, Koutaku glanced over at Kiyoshi. He did well to bury the worry he felt while he listened to his fellow genin. He frowned slightly at the boy's suggestion, even though he was a bit flattered by his clearly high opinion of him. It was a lot to put on his shoulders was all, and he also felt like they had more potential than that. He felt like they could do better if they actually worked together and played off of one another, rather than relying on him to come up with a plan.

Granted, he would've come up with a plan anyways....

He glanced up at the place Kiyoshi had led them to. Sad to break the good mood, he spoke up, “While I'm flattered, I don't think we should rely on my plans so heavily. Especially since...no, nevermind.” He scowled a bit and then exhaled slowly, letting the emotions go. Maybe he was overthinking this. He did that sometimes.

He hoped it was just paranoia and anxiety. He hoped his worry was unfounded.

Spemout Spemout Retro-Grey Retro-Grey

Aiko Uchiha
Squad 6

Aiko shot Mai an annoyed look, and then gave Hideki an angry one. They were idiots. Did they really think this could be some sort of team building exercise? Team building should require making use of their ninja skills, not wasting their time singing.

She crossed her arms and turned her head away from Hideki. "Fine, I'll sing," Aiko stated. She didn't want to sing, but I'd they thought she had a cute voice, then maybe she could give it a try. "I don't know any songs though..." Aiko rarely listened to music. However she did recall a time when a masked traveling performer came through the village. Her father took her to see their performance, where they sung a beautiful song, while another masked individual strummed some type to stringed instrument. It was a beautiful, but Aiko could barely even remember how the song sounded.

Katsumi Nonoba
Squad 4

Somehow, her teammates always managed to cheer her up. Katsumi grinned ever so slightly as her teammates. Yuuki was right, she was amazing at medical jutsu for her level, and anyone she hit with a punch was more than likely going to die. So all she has to do was keep her teammates in tip top shape, and punch the bad guys when they got too close. That shouldn't be too hard, right?

"W-wait... leader? Me?" Katsumi couldn't believe what she was hearing, her eyes wide with shock. Nagisa had elected to make her the leader of their squad. She has intoxicated. Surely she wasn't in her right mind. "Why me? I'm n-not good at strategizing!" Katsumi was shaking. Why would Nagisa want to put that kind of pressure on her? Yuuki wouldn't agree to this, surely he wouldn't.

But if he did agree, Katsumi would go along with it. They were smarter than her, so if they believed Katsumi could make the right decisions when it came down to it, then they had to be correct. Right?

KageYuuki KageYuuki Ganryu Ganryu Orikanyo Orikanyo AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Kurou sat relaxing in a chair in a meeting room in a rather dark hotel. Gaining access to the Leaf had been fairly hard, but Daisuke’s information had, as always, been correct. Across from him sat his old friend as well as their hired hand, Ko.

Kurou glanced at the clock. 5:56. Four minutes.

“Alright, I guess we should go over everything one final time. I will be distracting the Hokage, for you two, its payday. It’s not often we have the chance to harvest from a village itself. Only rules I have for today. Ko, I want that staff. You are being paid by both us and Kiri, don’t tell me that isn’t enough. Daisuke, just don’t get too bloodthirsty, you need to cover our escape in the end. We have about an hour. Well… the Mist only has an hour, and I’d rather not be here when they find out the surprise my friends are leaving them.”

Daisuke leaned back in his chair, “Your escape will be taken care of. Though, Ko,” he glanced at the mercenary, “I can’t help you if you aren’t on time.”

The heavily armored woman crossed her legs, which were already laying atop the table between them. “Awww, Dai-dai is worried about me. Don’t you worry hun, I’ll be in and out before anybody would know I was there.” she lied, bare face lied, the world was going to know who did it, what she was doing that day, and the fact she looked damn good while doing it.

“But yea, the staff, gotcha, good as yours already. Besides, the Mist asked for a distraction and some devastation, not like it’ll interfere with my other work for you two nerds.” she huffed, obviously looking like she was enjoying herself. “HEY BOSS! THEY GOT ICE CREAM ON THE ROOM SERVICE MENU!” a voice called from outside.

“GET ME VANILLA!! But yea, my boys and girls are ready. Been far too long since we’ve blown something up.”

Kurou sighed, his confidence suddenly faltering. There was no logical reason to have doubt. There was also no logical reason behind Ko’s entire existence. Still, she’d been worth the money so far.

“Oh, and one last piece of advice. You and your men, stay the hell away from the Mizukage. Everything the ‘Leaf’ has put him through, friendly fire is probably a thing. And when I say stay away, I mean any men you hear of caught within a Kilometer of him…. Well, you can go ahead split his pay with the rest of Akai Kyodai.”

Kurou opened his book, and cursed under his breath. It was about filled. He was going to have to clear it for the upcoming battle… again. It was unfortunate whatever was written in one copy of the book would appear in the rest of the series. He’d shown the Bijuu that, they’d wanted one, and suddenly it was like an outlet for them.

“Damnit Chomei. Teaching the Bijuu about this book, worst decision of my life…

Anyways, Daisuke, final information you’ve gathered? I know you’ve been at that for a long time. Anything that might tell our friend here where some of the more valuable items in the village are?”

The red haired man gave a low chuckle before withdrawing a map from his coat and spreading it out on the table. Markings and notes were scattered over the map of the Hidden Leaf. “The sage’s staff is most likely underneath an old shrine on the outskirts of the Senju’s compound.” Daisuke pointed out each location as he spoke. “The Uzumaki had a shrine near the Naka River with invaluable masks - ah, don’t put them on though.” He pointed out several other known valuables held by the major clans in the village before folding up the map and sliding it to Ko. “The Uchiha likely have some items of interest, but it’s best to stay far away from their compound.”

Ko picked up the map and tossed it between her fingers for a bit. “Right, I’ll tell my boys not to put the masks on, one will, but it’ll be an important lesson on why you should listen to the boss.” she slipped the map away before looking to the others.

“So, is.. This invasion supposed to happen soon? Cause I told the boys they’ll to get to it soon. Not sure how long they can hold it all in. Got my best girls on that explosive job, really hyped for it.”

An explosion rocked the background. Kurou’s eyes shot up to the clock. 5:58. Two minutes early? He assumed he was working with professionals.

“Shit, go, go, go!”
In an instant, Kurou’s body faded to a clutter of papers which fluttered out the window. It made his job so much harder now, he had to find the Hokage two entire minutes before he had been planning on it, which could make thing quite difficult. The one explosion quickly multiplied. All around the city, more and more screams were heard as enemy ninja, Mist Ninja, began to appear, ruthlessly cutting down everything in their path.

Ko sighed, couldn’t keep it in huh girls?

The woman uncrossed her legs and sat up in her chair, rising up with a slight groan, having been in that position for an hour, she hurt abit. “Whelp, time to hit the road. Come on boys we got work to do!”

“Boss I brought the ice cream!”

“Sweet.”

Today, was gonna be a good day.

Daisuke sighed as he stood, shaking his head after Ko left. She always had been a source of amusement - provided she wasn’t destroying his lab and research. He retrieved his hat before opening the door. “The stage is set, be sure to give us a good show.”

Water Style: Exploding Water Shockwave

A lone figure stood atop a tree, giving them a perfect view of the massive wave of water that crashed into the Konoha Hospital. The entire building had been enveloped. The side that had taken on the powerful jutsu was completely torn off the building, falling to the ground as the rest of the building began to slowly crumble. The wave died quickly after hitting the hospital.

Numerous handsigns were performed, enormous pillars of water exploded from beneath nearby buildings, completely annihilating them. Vengeful eyes watched as helpless citizens scrambled amongst the hospitals wreckage, shock leaving them incapable of thinking straight.

“Lord Mizukage, I thought you said you had no intention of using any flashy techniques,” a masked ninja spoke suddenly appearing on the branch next to the Mizukage.

“I decided it would be best to slay as many of their medical ninja as I could before they could react.” The Mizukage calmly explained his reasoning, all while debating on where he would strike next. “Find me the Hokage’s child. I have business with the Uchiha.” His brow furrowed aggressively, and a vein bulged from his head. When he was done with the Hidden Leaf, this village would know true suffering. Without the Hokage to stop him, it would be a simple task. Reiji could thank his new associates for that.

Well everyone, seems the Chuunin exams are having abit of an issue.

Just a tiny little full on invasion from the village of Kirigakure.

Explosions are rocking the city from the effects of the Kyodai and the invading forces of the Kiri, your genin would easily notice these, and you shall have instances to complete lead by your respective join's player as all these things go to hell! Foreign ninja attacking, rampant looting and scattered explosions all around! it's up to you what your inital reaction is, but know these ninja, and scattered mercenaries, aim to kill. This is to be a very destructive and traumatic time for the young men and women we play.

And the hospital is kinda out of commission, thank InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum for that brilliant strategical idea.

Now then, you are free to leave your current area, search for your sensei(Recommended) or try and fight the invaders(not fully recommended).

You overarching mission is not to be a hero.

It's to survive.

Remember this well as you avoid explosions.

Sei Teshima, Squad 5

"I hope we're not inconveniencing you. I never thought how busy you and Lady Nona must be during the exams." Sei hesitated by the door, waiting to see how Yukari behaved so she could mimic it. Once the two young women were seated, Sei held out the box of food she had brought. Her teammate held a similar box. "We brought this as a thank you. Yukari said you would like them."

It was a bit odd how much the yokai seemed to enjoy human food. Yukari had specifically said they should bring noodles, but Sei wasn't completely sure why? Did the spirits just get sick and tired of rice? Perhaps she could ask Nona about it at some point. The two genin presented their gifts to the fox.

Just then, the air thickened from anxiety to sheer panic. Sei's eyes moved to the forest. Wind rushed through the leaves, creating a loud roar traveling through the realm. "What . . .?" The hair on her neck stood on end. "What's going on?"

Misumi Sarutobi

After completing the first portion of the chunin exam, Misumi chatted with her two squad mates about how to celebrate. One of her squad mates, a boy, suggested going to the arcade to unwind a bit and Misumi tossed out the idea for a celebratory dinner. They looked at the third squad mate, waiting for her to break the tie. The third looked nervous as her eyes darted between Misumi and their male squad member. She opened her mouth to say something, but quickly closed it without a word. "Hey Misumi, isn't that your father coming toward us?" she suddenly asked, pointing at Kodai Sarutobi as he walked over to the group of genin.

Misumi was surprised to see her father, out of Anbu uniform no less. "I didn't know you were in the village, father. Are you here to ask about the chunin exams? We passed the first test," Misumi said. "As I suspected. You three looked too happy to have failed," Kodai replied. "I thought I'd help you celebrate. Ramen Ichiraku. My treat."

Misumi looked over at her squad mates. Personally she was jumping at the chance to hang out with her father, but since she hadn't seem him in a while, she also thought it would be more special to celebrate with her father by herself. The third seemed to pick up on this. "Come on, let's go to the arcade," she said as she grabbed the boy by the arm and started to pull him away. "Enjoy yourself Misumi. We'll catch you later."

Misumi gave her squad mates a nod. "Thank you!" she called out to them. "Let's go, father."

Misumi wrapped an arm around her father's arm as she took his hand and the pair began to make their way toward Ramen Ichiraku. Once their they ordered their usual dish, spicy ramin, and had a started to share a pleasant conversation. Misumi quickly lost track of time, until she heard a big boom. It was shortly followed by more explosions.

"We're under attack," Kodai said, quickly realizing that something was going on. "I have to go, Misumi. Find your sensei. Stay safe." "Of course, father."

Kodai darted out of the restaurant to do Anbu things. Misumi momentarily followed him out before darting off elsewhere in the village. She needed to find her jonin sensei. Hopefully her squad mates were doing the same.

Yukari tilted her head slightly at the familiar sound of Nona's voice. Poor thing sounded like she was panicking. Before she could really get a grasp on what had the little fox so worked up, Roku noticed them entering. "It's good to see you again as well, Lady Roku." The genin offered a slight bow. "Your gift is far more useful than any money could have been, milady." She said with a slight smile. Of course, her parents weren't all that thrilled when she returned with the single earring. Explaining it was a gift from one of the main guardian spirits in the village did little to help. Her father demanded to know what Koma was really having her do on their supposed missions.

At least they didn't see the pink hair Nona had accidentally caused.

The Hyuuga stifled a laugh at the other Kitsune's unfortunate timing. She really did wonder what the spirits even did with the money left at the shrines. Apparently, they expand their realms with it? She'll have to ask Koma later. "The first portion went well. Almost too easy, really." Yukari answered as she took a seat beside Sei. "This really isn't an exam you can study for though…"

She held out a box wrapped in thick cloth, it wouldn't do to let their gifts grow cold… "We brought gifts for you, I hope they're to your liking." A heavy silence claimed the forest surrounding them, the very air seemingly growing thick with fear and panic. Like an insidious genjutsu, it crept into her, bringing Yukari's own fear and anxiety clawing to the surface. It took everything not to panic then and there.

Just as suddenly as the silence came a mighty wind tore through the trees, making the very building around them creak and groan. Yukari could have sworn she heard screams over the roaring gale. "What's happening?"

Roku and Koma
SQUAD 5
"Oh why thank you, offerings are one thing but gifts are-" she suddenly paused, her vulpine ears twitching at the sounds that came from the woods all around the mansion. "...Souls.... Oh goodness... Oh goodness of dear." she stood up quickly and grasped the mirror once more, rubbing its surface before gazing into it once again. Death, destruction, pain.... It was as she feared, how could she have been so foolish not to heed her daily fortune reading!?!

"Your village is under attack, kirigakure and others descend upon your people. I'm deeply sorry for your loses, but this is not the time for you both to be with me. You must go and fight, and it is definitly not safe for you here even to hide... Would if I could if it would save you from the horror.... But such is the nature of these realms.. And I must remain focused, missfortune has only begun to turn it's gaze our way. Go, with my blessing, go and defend your village!" and with a sudden thrust forwards she faced the mirror towards the two, the reflection of the city in flames shown to them as a sudden gust of wind blew from behind them, sucking them both into the mirror!!!

The world twisted and turned as if they were in a vortex before the two genin popped into the streets of Konoha, right before a familiar person, whom was currently eating some takoyaki.

"Nice to see you both drop in, athletes Roku was quick about sending you both here." Koma flicked away a wooden stick as he finished the last one.

Koma was, as he always is, complacent and calm, with his ever present smile painted upon his face. "Next lesson, defence of your own town. it incorporates several different things, one, choosing battles wisely, two, banding together with other squads, three, protection of civilians and buildings and finally four, staying alive yourself. Do these things, and you will succeed. as such, I shall say your first mission is to go on a hunt. looters, ninja, mercenaries, choose your fights carefully and do what you can. i suggest you start down the main shopping district, I have a feeling you will meet some targets there... ah.. One moment..." the jonin stopped in his monologue and walked into the street, waving down a young woman whom was currently running out of a nearby restaurant.

"Excuse me, i know, lots of places to go, a squad to find etc. etc. but hear my words. These are my students, Yukari Hyuuga and Sei teshima, introductions aside, i need you to go along with these two in their mission, i understand you wish to find your squad mates but in times of war we must make due with what groups we can muster. I am needed in other parts of the city to deal with invading forces, as such it is up to the genin to help protect what they can behind the front lines. Running off alone is a surefire way of getting yourself killed." the jonin stated as he plopped the paper bowl that once housed his little treat.

"A very hasty introduction, I know, but we have about as much time as... Well I'll find a better metaphor later, join up, head out, head down to the main district and stop those damn looters, and possibly stop more explosion-" *BOOOM* "From happening. Now, I need to go. You three stay together, find other groups, and do what you can." the jonin all but disappeared after his hasty explanation of... what he needed them to do.

In truth, Sie and Yukari should be used to that type of treatment, Misumi, was likely still extremely confused.

He then appeared once more, staff much more bloody than it was before. "Also, if you spot an enemy jonin, yell for me. Now, get hunting!" and with that, he was gone again. It seems it takes a full blown war for Koma to actually be strained, who would've thought.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 KageYuuki KageYuuki Kimiwriter Kimiwriter

Misumi Sarutobi
Misumi noticed a jonin that looked like he was trying to get her attention. She ran over to him and his two students. Before she could ask what was going on, Koma began to quickly explain things. It was a lot to process, but it made sense. Being alone wasn't the safest thing in this kind of situation. She didn't object to helping another squad, though in the back of her mind she did worry a little about her own. Hopefully they'd find their sensei. "Ay, sensei," Misumi respectfully replied; treating Koma like her own sensei, she closed her eyes as she put her hands together and gave Koma a slight bow. When she opened her eyes he was suddenly gone.

Misumi was surprised by Koma's disappearance. Then suddenly he was back, but only for a moment to give one final piece of advice. Luckily as a local of the Hidden Leaf Village and with her mother's teaching position at the Academy, Misumi had a general idea of who Koma was, otherwise she would have had to rely on Sei or Yukari to call for their sensei if he was needed.

Misumi turned her attention to the two girls she's be accompanying. "I'm Misumi Sarutobi. I wish I was making your acquaintance in a more pleasant situation," she politely introduced herself.

KageYuuki KageYuuki Kimiwriter Kimiwriter

Kuren.png
Kurēn Kinoko
Kuren looked a bit amused when “Big, bad” Ashi was uncomfortable eating spicy curry. Overall, it was a nice and warm dinner. The last time he felt this at peace and warm at a dinner was when his father was still alive, and they didn’t know he showed promise as a ninja. It was good to be surrounded by his teammate, but he had to admit he did miss having Mako there. He smelled the curry as Hotaru brought it into the room and he was surprised by the great smell coming off the curry. Kuren grab a bowl and was ready to savor the taste, when he picked up on what sounded like an explosion. Kuren face shifted from slight amusement to stoic seriousness. What was that sound? It didn’t sound friendly or natural.

He looked at everyone at the table and quickly got up out his seat and went to the closest window to see what's going on outside. Kuren couldn’t believe what he was seeing. It seemed to be multiple explosions happening throughout the village. Most of it happens in high residential areas. “Hotaru! Ashi! We are on high alert! We need to get ready and head out to give aid.” kuren quickly went to the front of the house to grab his pack and change into his usual attire. In situations like this, we must report to our superior. In this case we need to try and find mako, while at the same time giving any aid and relief. Kuren was trying to pinpoint what military tactic would be best for this situation.

Once he had an idea in his head and went back to the table and pointed at Ashi. “ashi get everything you can packed up. We need to get Hotaru’s mother out of here…. Hotaru! Right now, we need to establish a communication and information network. So, we need to get as many of your moths scatter around the village as possible. Once we have established that, when need to meet up with Mako. His ability to create multiple wood clones will help us give out the information we gather.” Once he relayed his plan to his team, kuren went outside to fortify Hotaru’s home. Scattering his spores all around the wooden house and then creating multiple giant mushrooms, and bracket fungi help keep the house safe. Now he just had to wait or his team to react so they can begin their operations. “It appears we are officially on the losing momentum of war.” Luckily for them, they are still pretty far from the action for now. They will have to use their knowledge of the village to their advantage.

Seven shinobi watched the beginnings of the chaos unfold from their vantage point in the heart of the village's shopping district. Already, panicked villagers were beginning to scatter, scream rising in the air. "Heh, didn't think the old man wanted to make such a flashy entrance," Himawari, a woman with wild red hair snorted, resting her palms on the twin swords hanging from her belt.

"Doesn't matter," Minoru unsealed a large cleaver sword from a scroll. As he straightened, he easily towered over the rest of the group. "Let's just get a move on, find where those bastards hid my sword." He gripped his weapon, forming a handsign as he leapt from the rooftop to the street below.

"Just don't get yourself blown up again, ya' old fart!" She flashed him a fanged grin before narrowly ducking shuriken hurled in her direction.

"Why do you have to antagonize him...?" Shosuke, the youngest groaned.

"It's too easy."

"It's his fault Kubikiribouchou was stolen to begin with," Koshirou, a lithe man with an equally slender sword spoke up. He formed a handsign of his own, adding to the heavy mist summoned by Minoru. "Regardless, we've wasted enough time as is. Let's go."

The heavy mist robbed those within it of their sight. Dense with chakra, not even those with the Sharingan or Byakugan could see clearly. Despite this, the Swordsmen moved as though it wasn't there. Silent Killing, all Seven Swordsmen of the Mist were feared for their mastery in the art and rightly so.

Despite falling silent, the wild grin never left Himawari's lips as she ran through the streets. Her twinswords cut through anyone and anything within her reach is if they were made of paper. Skidding to a stop, she could hear a squad of Leaf ninja giving chase. The kunoichi barely suppressed a laugh as she drove her blade into the ground, sending lightning chakra into the air. "Enjoy~!"

Lightning Release: Thunder Gate

With a deafening crack, bolts of lightning began to rain down around her.

Koshirou sighed, already with the lightning? Well, the Mizukage had made it clear he wanted the village destroyed... Letting Himawari loose with Kiba was certainly a good way of doing that. There were a few other specific directions given to them by the kage, after his village suffered the horror of seeing such a beloved young shinobi strung up in the heart of town, the Leaf would get to feel the same.

Shame the chances of him coming across the Uchiha boy were next to none.

Longsword Ninja Art: Wire Crucifixtion

His blade pierced shinobi and civilian alike, hanging them between the various buildings in some macabre display.

Eyes closed, Shosuke walked through the streets. He listened to the villagers running blindly through the mist, they really should have just stayed inside. Might not have offered much protection from the jutsu tearing through the city, but at least they'd avoid his blade. Why'd Lord Mizukage insist on stationing us here? Anyone can kill unarmed civilians... It seemed like such a waste of their abilities.

The youngest swordsman paused, feeling the ground tremble slightly beneath his feet. "Hm?"

Wind Release: Great Breakthrough

Earth Release: Earth Style Wall

Shosuke found his cover quickly blown away by a violent gale, a thick wall of earth followed shortly after to shield his attackers from retaliation. He sighed, "You were really better off just running..." Tightening his grip on Kabutowari, he lunged.

Yuukiu Uchiha: Squad 4
Yuuki listened to Nagisa's suggestion of naming Katsumi the leader for the upcoming portion of the exams. She had a point, pretty much no matter what the timid kunoichi would find herself acting as tiebreaker for plans. Not like she couldn't still ask them for advice or anything.

Of course, the very idea seemed to put the poor girl into a panic.

"She isn't asking you to be the one coming up with all the plans. Just to pick the ones you think are best and keep a fight from breaking out between the three of us." He shrugged. Not that they'd really had any arguments so far in the short time they'd worked together. It was nice to know they were at least getting along well enough to complete their missions and pass the first exam even.

"Not gonna force you into it, think about it during dinner." He looked around the small restaurant, "Speaking of which, where is it even? Not like they're the ones doing the cooking-"

A series of explosions wracked the very air around them, toppling the team's teacups. The hot coals at the center of the table gave an angry hiss in protest to the spilled tea, a thick plume of steam rising from them. "The hell?" Jumping up from the bench Yuuki grabbed his sword that had been propped up beside him and bolted outside, taking to the rooftops to get a better view.

Just in time to watch the hospital building crumble to the ground.

"M-mom...?" Yuuki's breath caught in his throat, was this really happening? Or was this someone's sick idea of a genjutsu? He couldn't even look back at the teammates he'd hoped followed him outside.

The village was falling around them...

War was here.

Nagisa Kanazawa
-Squad 4-

"No way," Nagisa muttered softly from behind Yuuki's shoulder, having followed him up to the roof. The village was up in flames, literally in some places while elsewhere flashes of lighting or shaking earth marked the site of ninja battles. Nagisa swallowed, her throat feeling dry.

"We should..." She trailed off. What should they do? Fight? Get Help? Hide? Protect Civilians? Nobody had told them what to do in a situation like this, five minutes ago they had been thinking about how to pass a test and now this? What was the best course of action, choose wrong and they could very well end up bleeding out on some street corner, vision fading to blac-

Calm- calm down. We have to think clearly, what are our priorities, what are we actually trying to accomplish?

You could just leave? What do you owe these people anyway? Your life?

First we have to stay alive. There's no point worrying about anything else if we're dead

It's not like anyone's expecting much of you, they probably won't even realize you're gone

After that we need to think about linking up with someone in charge and contributing to the battle, maybe protecting civilians? Can we even do that? If we get a big group together won't we just make them a target?

Nagisa's chest was tight and her head was dizzy, she realized suddenly she had been holding her breath and forced herself to inhale with a rattling sigh. "We should figure out what we're going to do," she said finally, trying to stay firm. "We can't stay here so I think basically our choices boil down to moving outwards, away from the fighting or towards areas where it's likely to be more intense. The fighting looks like it's pretty scattered but I don't think whoever is doing this can scatter their forces too much or they risk being picked off. As long as places like the Hokage's office and the clan compounds are still around they need to focus on them to some extent. If we head out that way we're less likely to run into trouble and we can potentially run into someone to link up with, a jonin or someone else who know's what's going on,"

Nagisa broke off and followed Yuuki's gaze towards the crumbling remains of the hospital.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb-

"Or we could head towards the hospital and look for any survi- anyone who needs our help," Nagisa said, not quite believing her own words.

Whhhhhyyyyy the fuck would we do that?

"If we can get Katsumi healing any surviving medical nin and get them back in action it could be a big deal. But we need to keep in mind that it's almost certainly a trap to some extent. If I was the enemy I would target the hospital then leave a strong force there to pick off people who rushed in to help. If we keep that in mind and approach carefully and quietly though we might be able to get in while they're dealing with somebody else and rescue some people."

What exactly are you trying prove here?

"If we're going to try this then we need to agree to fall back if we get spotted or run into trouble." Nagisa's expression hardened as she added this warning. "The enemies around there aren't going to be people we can handle, we might run into whatever monster made that wave for one."

KageYuuki KageYuuki
InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Katsumi Nonoba
Squad 4

It all hit her at once, the explosions, rumbles, and screams. The wind flew out of her lungs, leaving her unable to breathe as she watched her teammates rush out to see what had happened. For a moment, she found herself unable to act. Suddenly, her instincts took over and Katsumi hurried after her teammates, stumbling over a fallen chair as she did so.

She leapt up onto the rooftop next to Yuuki and Nagisa, only to watch the final portion of the hospital tumble to the ground. She didn't recognize what building it was at first, the shock of the destruction clouding her mind. She tried to speak, but all she could manage were incoherent stutters.

Katsumi fell to her knees, staring at the destroyed hospital. All of those people in there were gone. No one could have survived an impact like that. She had talked to many of those people days ago. The woman who had taught her medical Ninjutsu was probably in there as well. Why was this happening? Who was doing this? Katsumi brought her hands to her face, trying to cover up the tears. If she couldn't stop them from flowing before, there was no way she'd stop them now. For once, Katsumi made and effort to hold back, trying to be strong. But no matter how hard she tries to hold back, her wails of sorrow and terror escaped. Half the village could probably hear her first wail.

Nagisa had come up with the idea of looking for people st the hospital to help. All Katsumi could do was nod in agreement. She didn't want to go anywhere, she was wanted to curl up in a ball and hope she survived. All the poor girl could think about was her own sorrow, weakness, and loss. She never stopped to see how her teammates felt. Were they ok?

"W-w-w-w-why is this happening?" Katsumi whispered to herself.

Mai Sanada - Squad Six

Mai laughed at the threat of having to pay Hideki back.

"Please, I'm basically a princess. And future leader of the Sanada, backing out? You don't know who you're dealing with!"

She slammed open the door, ready for the world. She quickly began prepping things in the room to hear her beautiful voice. It wasn't until a mic was in her hand that realization hit. Despite her words.... Mai had no idea what she was doing. Did she have a beautiful voice? She hadn't ever practiced it. She was now in no man's land. Mai could imagine anything scarier to her than failing.

Mai stared as the music behind her began to play. She stood like a petrified statue. She'd complain about it not being her fault, but suddenly, thoughts became rare and expensive.

And that's when the sounds of explosions swept through the area with a deafening roar. A bolt of lightning rained down on the shack, destroying the center of the room, and sending Mai sprawling out. She suddenly looked more relaxed.

"Thank goodness. Beats singing anyday. I feel tingly. Hehehe. Wait... That's not right...."

Looking at the newly installed, she saw mist creeping in through it. Outside, she could hear a medley of chaos. Mai honestly had no idea what was going on. Unfortunately, Mai wasn't the type to let something small like that stop her. Mai slowly got up, then jumped onto of the roof. She couldn't see anything outside. Still, she could hear well enough. She listened intently, closing her eyes and focusing solely on what her ears could pick up. Wasn't like she could see from the rooftop anyways.

"Guys. Lots of people are screaming. What's going on?"

Mai didn't have a clue what was going on, but she did know one thing. Leader's act.

"Hideki, Aiko, let's go see how we can help. Imma go ahead."

Mai wondered how busy her mom was going to be tonight. Whatever it was though, wasn't like the police couldn't handle it. Still, Mai's stomach felt sour, which was weird. There was obviously fighting, Mai wanted to feel excited. Maybe a domestic dispute they could help settle? Still, the mist was weird. The Leaf wasn't THAT misty.

Mai jumped off the roof, into the streets. She knew the sounds of battle, but still couldn't figure things out. The hell was going on? Some gambler's having mercs beat it out? That happened every exam, but why the screaming? Someone caught cheating for the exams attacking ninja? Some terrorist 3rd rate country being put down wanting to prove themselves attacking the Leaf? Well, Mai had signed up to be a chunnin damnit, she wasn't going to just hide due to some small chaos.

In the thick mist, Mai couldn't see anything. As she walked, she felt a warm wet drip land on her forehead. Wiping it away, she just felt it smear. She couldn't see it at all. Mai had the brilliant idea of licking it.

Mai turned white. She walked forward a bit when a gust of wind blew away a lot of the mist. Mai didn't want to look up. The bodies in the streets were enough.

Mai bellowed, her body convulsing slightly. Mai's eyes narrowed, and her hands shook as she reached for her wheel. Mai didn't have a single thought in her head of what she was doing. There wasn't room.

Aiko Uchiha
Squad 6

"You don't need to worry, Hideki. I'm not going to back out." Aiko responded with an offended expression why would she come all the way here just to back out now? Idiot.

She followed Mai in, who seemed way too excited to sing. But when the girl had the mic in her hand, she failed to make a sound. Did Mai have stage fright? That was impossible. Aiko grinned briefly, and glanced at Hideki, hoping he was paying attention to Mai freezing up.

Aiko didn't realize it, by she was quietly singing along to the song that was playing. She didn't know it, but the lyrics were predictable enough that she could follow along effortlessly.

Sounds of explosions rocked the building. Aiko's hand rising to her katana and her muscles tensed up. "Um, what was tha-".

Aiko saw a flash of bright light. She felt her feet lift up off of the floor. Her forehead struck something hard, and everything went dark.

Aiko slowly opened her eyes. He first thing she saw was Mai leaping through a large hole in the ceiling. She rose to her feet and groaned. Her head hurt. "Wait up, Mai!" She called out, before leaping after her. She landed on the roof. However, Mai was already leaping down into a thick mist. Aiko recognized the mist. It wasn't natural, at least not in the Leaf. She was about to yell out to her teammate, but she decided against it. Looking around, and listening, it was obvious he village was under attack.

Aiko kneeled down on the roof. A trail of blood ran down her forehead. She didn't dare go into that mist, not even to get Mai out of there. But before anything bad happened, a heavy gust of wind blew it all away, forcing the girl to hang onto the roof.

She couldn't breathe, her muscles petrified. Blood and bodies, all over the streets. She wasn't out for that long was she? Could it all have happened so fast?

She watched as Mai took a hold of her wheels, she seemed a little blurry. Aiko wiped her eyes then looked back to see if Hideki was doing alright.

"We have to get out of here."

Orikanyo Orikanyo Ganryu Ganryu

Hideki Ukita
Squad 5.
Mai was up first, and for a rare moment, he saw trepidation in her, worry, a break in the armor of confidence. He was happy, for that time, but as brief and sweet as it was, he felt like laughing. But a sudden feeling of danger came upon him, a distinct rumble in his gut, and not like one you feel after eatting a tad bit to much foreign food.

The dull pangs of coming misfortune, a instinctive roar of his body to take cover or draw his blade.

Fight or flight.

A preemptive prescience of danger.

But what caused it? Was Mai to attack him again? Was Aiko getting her shuriken out again? Or was it worse?

It was, indeed, much worse.

The explosion rocked the world, a intense ringing in his ears, brick and splintered wood tossed in a whorl of confusion and disarray became his reality for but a few moments as the young man landed roughly, where? He didn't know. How did he get there? Well whatever caused that explosion did it most likely, but what mattered was what happened to his friends?

Dull and deaf from the ringing and beatting he got moments prior, the young man rose shakily upon his arms, then, to his legs. Atleast he had them still. He paused for a moment to remove a small splinter from his foreleg, enough to cause a heavy wince, but not life threatening, nor would it prevent him from conducting his duties.

But it still hurt like a fucking bitch.

The sounds of pounding and fire came to him finally, but a definite pounding behind the noise told him his ears have not fully recovered. He reached backwards and patted his kit, all there, he looked around him for his squad as a faint worry overtook him, where we're they?

We're they under the rubble?

Did they survive the blast?

A large gust of wind answered his questions, as they had already climbed up the nearest building, surveying the damage around them it seems. From the look, and sound of Mai, it wasn't good. Though with Aiko there as well, his fears subsided only slightly, the world coming fully back to him, he climbed his way towards them and took in the wreckage himself.

How painful it is, to watch the world you have known destroyed with such abandon, rubble and ruin, fire and flame, it was all he could see for miles along. The greenery that dotted the village burning, the people laying cut open and spilling their life blood upon the streets.

The city of green, turned such a macabre red.

Hideki swallowed hard, Mai's rage, Aiko's worry, he didn't know what to say or do. What could he say? What could anybody say?

So he said what was msot prudent.

"We must find Takara Sensei, she has to be somewhere still. It takes more than this ti kill her, I'm certain of that... For now..." he gazed at a group of dead civilians not to far off.

"...We should deal with what we can, we need to help the defense. We know this city like the back of our hands, our enemies do not... Hopefully..." he gazed down at a nearby dead ninja, the glint of a headband... With a small leap down he took a better look at the metal protector. "...A konoha Chuunin.. I'm sorry. Don't hate me for this." he sighed as he began checking over the body for something of use.

Standard equipment, some ryo, a soldier pill... No reason not to partake at this point, if hes going to keep the others alive he needs to be ready for anything. Popping the pill in his mouth he gazed at the headband once more seeing the reflection of movement behind him he whirled around, bringing his shield to bare as a Kirigakure ninja had begun to leap upon him with their blade drawn.

Steel met the shield and as deflected off, as such Hideki thrust forward with the face of the shield and slammed into the ninja's chest.

"AIKO! MAI! NOW!" he called to the others, calling for their aid.

InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Ganryu Ganryu

Sei Teshima, Squad 5

"I'm Sei and this is Yukari," Sei spoke as they raced through the streets, heading for the marketing district like Koma had instructed them. She didn't like it. With all of the yelling and explosions coming from every direction, it was hard to tell where the battle was and what was the safest route. They're mission was to protect from looters, not fight against the attackers, but with the chaos surrounding them, it was nearly impossible to tell what was what. Dust, debris, and mist clouded the streets, making everything hard to see. Sei pulled one of her poison laced kunai from her pouch, eyeing the faint shadows for danger.

A shriek from a few streets over, brought everyone to a hault. Sei raised her kunai, turning her head left and right, trying to see anything in the mist. "So small warning," she whispered to Misumi, "I'm not too good at close combat. More support than anything."

A gust of wind blew some of the mist away; enough that they could see the street. Shop fronts were torn and splattered in a deep red. The same red trickled between the cracks on the street and sidewalk, making little bloody rivers that traveled from body to body.

Sei froze. Civilians of all ages lay slaughtered in the street, almost all in a position of fleeing. "W-Who the hell," her voice quivered, "who kills civilians? They couldn't fight--" Something crashed further down the street, deeper in the mist. Sei jumped, bumping into her teammate. "What do we do?" Staring at the bodies, she prayed to see some small sign of life, but there was none. Every body was sliced and torn, already changing color from the huge amount of blood loss. There was no way for any of them to have survived this.

Shivering, Sei raised her eyes to the rooftops. She didn't see anyone, but that didn't mean they were safe. "We need to get out of here," she whispered. "If whoever did this is close by . . ." She didn't want to finish the thought.

KageYuuki KageYuuki shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Users who are viewing this thread

Back