• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto: Legacy

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Gilzar

Bear With Me Here ?
Administrator
Naruto Legacy.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is only in the aftermath of tragedy that we are truly reborn, severed from what we were once were only to become something unrecognizable. Such is the tragedy of Naruto Uzumaki, the man who several generations ago brought peace to the Shinobi world. The world he made was beautiful in all of its essence; a world where all armed conflict simply ended. Scholars once wrote that it was a golden era, bound to reign for all eternity. Little did they know that their lands were about to be engulfed by the largest war in history

Eight long years ago Naruto’s teachings were tossed aside, and the world plummeted itself into the ignorance and chaos of war once again. This war however, was unlike any other witnessed, its flames burned hotter than any prior. Thousands if not millions of lives were lost, each drop of blood splitting the shinobi world further from the teachings of Naruto Uzumaki.

The war was caused by years of politics and aggression that had been repressed during the golden era of peace, border disputes were just an excuse. While Naruto may have been a great leader, sadly he could not resolve all of the politics of the five Great Nations. When war between the land of Fire and Lightning struck, the other three saw it as opportunity to gain land, and joined in. Others small nations saw it as opportunity to strike down their foes, and they entered into the conflict, allying with larger nations. Soon no nation was left out of this conflict. Every country (With the exception of the land of Iron, due to constant neutrality) became a battlefield in some way. However, most of the fighting took place over the smaller nations, as they were often gateways between the great nations.

Only one nation saw little fighting in it's own lands, and that was the land of Lightning, the dominant military force throughout much of the war. After-all, they were the ones who started the war by storming the land of Fire's borders and aggressively occupying the smaller nations of the Sound, the Frost, and the land of Hot Water. Much of the war itself was a series of extremely harsh, bloody battles, and then periods of long standoffs. Each nation had large periods of activity, and long periods of defensive standoff. After eight long years of battle, when Konoha forces launched a major counter-assault against the Land of Lightning and liberated their occupied countries, that an armistice was finally signed and almost a decade of fighting had finally come to an end.

Eight years have passed since the great war scorched the lands. With the ashes of war finally settled, the time has come for a new generation of Genin to step into this recovering world and leave their mark.

Last edited:
Chapter 1: Uncanny First Impressions!

images.jpg
The day was young as the clock struck 10 AM in the crowded classroom. Its seats were filled with freshly graduated Genin, who had only gone through the academy ceremonies just a few days earlier. Today they would be asisgned their official instructors, and official start their career as Shinobi. Eager voices of genin who all grew up with one another filled the atmosphere of the crammed classroom, it was obvious everyone was anxious to hear what team they'd be assigned.

Without warning the doors opened, and the classroom went silent. Two academy teachers, whom all the students were well familiar with followed a less familiar man. This man, wearing a dark red button up shirt with standard jonin pants and shoes walked to the front of the classroom carrying a list. He had long black hair tied to a pony tail, complimented by a black goatee. His name was Kaito Sonkei, and he was the head Jonin of Konoha. It's noticable that he carries himself in a very serious, almost business like manner.

"Morning." Kaito stated as he turned to face the class. "For those of you who don't know, my name is Kaito. I'll save the formalities for later, all you need to know is that I'm the head Jonin of Konoha. All Jonin fall under me, as well as any lower ranks. You'll be getting all of your assignemnts from me, starting with your official teams. I'm going to run through this list by stating your names and your assigned instructor."

Kaito cleared his throat one last time, and began to read through the entire list. Each time he calls out a team. An eternity seems to pass as he carefully reads through the names. After about what seems like an eternity, he finally gets to your names.

"Team 12." Kaito reads off. "Karasuko Ametsuchi, Kure Ietsuna, and Ongaku Hashi. Your instructor is Katsuro Katashi."

As Kaito reads off Katsuro's name, the two teachers next to him uncomfortably looking around, as if to make sure he wasn't in the room.

"Your sensei has instructed you all to meet at the training grounds, just outside of the village."

The two teachers next to Kaito motion at you all to leave, and Kaito continues to read through the list.

Quiet Quiet LazyDaze LazyDaze NeonFlow NeonFlow

Ongaku stood from his chair to put his shamisen back over his shoulder, ironically despite his best efforts to make friends. None of them would be in his team. Half closed eyes glance over the boy and girl in his team. The boy looked foreign and the girl seems alot more energetic then Both males.

"of course we have to head out... everyone else's jonin is in the village but we gotta go find ours"
Ongaku spoke to no one as he proceeded from the room, trying to remember his team mates names. Karabuko?... Lure?...karaSuko.. kure...
sensei will say it again no matter.

Ongaku wasn't fussed to leave by himself, he was more worried that outside the village meant outside the front gates... if they meant training grounds by the river near the memorials that's less of a travel.

Despite being in class with everyone for so long he did not have any particular fond memories of the academy. He had no one to call a friend; however, this was not a travesty. He was not blatantly mistreated by his classmates, but he noticed how people seemed a bit more uneasy around him. He did not know if it was because he was a foreigner, a samurai, or the cheap clothes he could barely afford. A even heard a few giggles from the "geniuses", when he would bring up samurai culture. He's even heard someone ask another student if he should even be here. All in and all it was not the worst thing in the world. He communicated with others from time to time, even told a few flat jokes. The best part was that he knew everyone. Being an outcast meant you could see the world from a 3rd person perspective since you existed outside their bubble. It was as if he was a god watching over the academy simply because he had nothing better to do. Because of this, when he heard the names of the other kids on his team, he knew vaguely what he was getting into. He turned to look at the boy who was seemingly talking to himself as he got ready to leave. "Ongaku...kinda dull."

He then shifted his gaze to the female who rounded out the team. "Karasuko…...tall.....very tall..."

He was neither excited, or disappointed to hear their names because it was inconsequential. However, he was a bit perturbed by their sensei who already seemed to be throwing a wrench into things. First impressions were everything after all. "At the very least he has to be better than the hard ass assigning the teams," Kure muttered to himself, referring to his new sensei. Kure nonchalantly watched Ongaku stand up and leave by himself...perhaps he was a loner. That is what he had noticed during his time at the academy, but he wasn't really arrogant or aloof. Kure remembered him making conversation with others at some time or another. ".....Team 12 huh..." Kure stood up and scratched the back of his head. They were going to have to be a team for a long time....assuming none of them died soon. It was best to get this out of the way, unfortunately, Ongaku already left...but then again it didn't really matter what they did.....because he was hungry. He walked over to Karasuko without really introducing himself, believing the announcement served as such.

"Karasuko…I'm going to get a snack on the way to the training grounds, you can come too if you want. It's not like our sensei is that interested in his future students anyway," Kure said with his hands in his pockets as he made a gesture toward the door. If their sensei wanted them to travel on a whim then they could take whatever route they wanted.

Quiet Quiet Gilzar Gilzar NeonFlow NeonFlow

Ongaku had a guess the jonin would be inside the village instead of waiting outside. Each step towards the training grounds illustrated to the musical ninja that his team mates are either lazy or slow. the boy is from the land of Iron. Juso said they control chakra but have no jutsu... that must be either brilliant or weak... to control chakra in the boys mind was to flow chakra in a physical state usually wind, fire or lightning.

The stories Ongaku heard from others in class and mostly his own clan. That the samurai from the land of Iron can draw their blades faster then a ninja can complete a hand seal. Judging for himself Ongaku started to perform hand seals as he walked.

Bird, ram, dog, bird....
snake, monkey, rat...
bird, monkey, boar, bird...

The bird seal was the only hiccup Ongaku could determine.
No way someone is drawing a sword and stabbing a ninja before letting off a jutsu.
Not that a ninja is stuck only with their jutsu. Ongaku had his kunai, his shuriken, his eyes... surely the jonin know either if the children hadn't seen it. This Katsuro sensei would probably let him use it. The hashi clan being somewhat... worried about a child wielding the kaihengan. "the kaihengan reads and manipulates memory. It is the ultimate tool for sowing distrust, starting coups and reveloutions. Ongaku is learning from our memories ways to further his ocular jutsu! We must seal him!.."

A memory Ongaku accidental saw through his mother, despite talk of sealing him Training with his father was still a rewarding experience. Thoughts turned back to his new team.
Bird, snake, dog, rat, bird.
The mysterious sensei... The short kid who looks like he needs a hug... The tall girl who might just have the hug shortie needs.
rat, boar, ram, snake.
Ongaku walked through town lost in thought, subconsciously performing hand seals most of the way. A enticing smell of food entered his nostrils... He couldn't walk away. Quickly paying for a snack of fried meat (and eating it just as fast) before running the rest of the way with a body flicker jutsu. Chakra surging through his legs allowing for powerful yet speedy leaps and bounds.

Arriving at training grounds 3, three logs, blank space, a lake... no sensei. In view anyway.
LazyDaze LazyDaze Gilzar Gilzar Quiet Quiet

Last edited:
Katsuro

As Ongaku arrived at the training grounds, no one was in sight, or so it seemed...

The first few brief moments of silence were interrupted by flickering of a lighter from the tree branch just above Ongaku. There, looking down on his new student with a freshly lit cigarrete was the infamous Katsuro Katashi, known to many as 'the Bulldog of Konoha'. Katsuro exhaled a large amount of smoke he looked over his newest pupil from head to toe.

This must be Ongaku Hashi, or this kid at least looked like the kid from the file....Katsuro hadn't even said a word to the boy, yet he could already see the inexperience in his eyes. He visibly looked around the training grounds for anyone else. Katsuro's facial expression remained the same as it always was: Casually annoyed, with a hint of anger at something. Where we the others, were the instructions not simple enough? He let out a small sigh, before smoking the cigarette yet again.

"Took you long enough to get here..." Katsuro bellowed out, along with smoke from his mouth. "Where the fuck are your teammates?"

NeonFlow NeonFlow

BleakUnacceptableGrison-small.gif
Ongaku turned around to look up at the sound of a lighter, birds don't start fires. This must have been sensei....He was correct! Katsuro sensei stood high in a tree, out of sight as you approach but fully visible once he swore and shit.

Ongaku could see the experience in his eyes, and the cancer coming from his mouth. Not one to miss a beat Ongaku replied. "the fuck are you asking me for, you're team leader aren't ya?"
The boys dark eyes stare up at Katsuro as he answers blankly, his voice oddly suited his almost lifeless face "Kaito sensei just told us to come here. I did... so I took the least amount of time out of team 12 if we don't include you."
Ongaku took a step to the side to avoid falling ash from a cigarette.
"So uh.. you been up there waiting for a bit?"
Ongaku let his shamisen slide off his shoulder as he went to sit down. If he was correct, this is the Dog of konoha... famous for... Ongaku didn't know. He just remembered his father stating the phrase once or twice. 'The bulldog of konoha'

Gilzar Gilzar

Last edited:
Katsuro

His teeth gritted together at Ongaku's retort. Not even a minute in and the kid was already sassing off to Katsuro. For now he decided to let the comment fly rather than try and discipline. No use considering the rest of the team wasn't there.

"I'm your Sensei, and they're your teammates."

Katsuro cracked his neck, while shrugging his shoulders. Relaxation method he learned a long time ago...helps him keep his cool when he's stressed. He eyed the odd instrument that Ongaku had near him.

"Been here since dawn, kid, making sure everything is in order. Don't want to waste too much time before we have to head out."

NeonFlow NeonFlow

"Or not, its your choice," Kure continued nonchantly as he slowly sauntered out of the building not worried if she would follow his lead or not. He walked at an average pace, taking in the sites before he would have to do some assigned task, after all sensei were probably more like managers. Do this, do that. Kure wasn't against work or training, but being told to do something always seemed to make you 80% less likely to do it, as was the case now. He was told to go to the training grounds so he went and got a snack. The shop owner knew who he was, he would often come by at night to pick up in left overs, or food destined to be trashed.

"Ah, Kure what brings you here this early, aren't you supposed to be in class?"

"...I graduated. Got a dud for a sensei apparently."

"My condolences."

"Its fine. I know its early but do you have any thing you were going to throw out. If not I actually have enough money to pay today."

"No its fine Kure, someone burned this Dango. I'm not sure if you'd still want it."

"As long as its not black I'll be fine. Actually, I'll probably come back for those."

Kure took the dango on a stick and finally set his course to the training grounds. He arrived with dango in hand seeing Ongaku and what looked like an older man who was probably his sensei interacting. Not displaying a hint of interest he took a seat on the ground as he continued to eat his snack without introducing himself.

Quiet Quiet NeonFlow NeonFlow Gilzar Gilzar

Katsuro

Upon Kure's arrival, Katsuro immediately took notice of the dango in his hand. He let out a sigh, so far these genin had a very poor impression on him. From the case file this one must have been Kure. Everything the instructors told him, he was somewhat of a rebel. That would explain why they sent him Katsuro's way. He seemed to have a knack for ironing out the troubling types of genin.

He clasped his fingers around his cigarette, releasing it from his mouth as he exhaled more smoke. From beneath his odd sunglasses he looked over Kure just the same way he looked over Ongaku earlier.

"Next time I tell you go somewhere, I don't want any detours. Is that clear?"

He tapped the end of his cigarette with his thumb, and ashes floated down to the ground. "I'm gonna ask you the same thing I asked Ongaku, where the fuck is your other teammate?"

LazyDaze LazyDaze NeonFlow NeonFlow Quiet Quiet

The awe of finally graduating had left her all but petrified for far too long, it seemed as she spaced out with her eyes drawn straight ahead for at least twenty minutes (or five days in hyperbole, but who's counting really?). The academy was all but a series of tribulations for her, but all that was over-- all of her past mistakes and trials of errors (not trials and errors, no, but more along the lines of her sensei's constant disapproval of her antics and out of the box methods). She'd hardly even noticed the boy, her new teammate, offer to take her along to get snacks to meet their new leader!

Me? Graduated? I did it! One step closer, I'm gonna rule this place! The words shot through her thoughts like bullets from a gun, or shuriken from the fastest hand of a lightning master-- faster than the Fourth Hokage's legendary teleportation! A smile slowly crept along her face, fastened tightly behind sealed lips as her fellow alum of the Konoha academy slowly filtered out of the building with their new teammates, as she failed to realize she'd been left behind. The smile quickly grew as the last person beside herself left her side, turning into a wide and toothy wall of bright white shine as she could barely contain her excitement-- until...

.... The silence, ironically, blasted her into reality. The life around her slowly growing silent before it all but consumed the room broke her out of the daze, and then soon set in with panic. ...Oh, hell. Oh, hell! OH, HELL!

Standing up and stumbling over the desk, she shot across the tables like an already trained Jonin dancing along treebranches deep in the forests of enemy territory. One, two step style as she flipped and flopped out the door and into the streets of the famous Leaf Village as her screams (as un-prim, proper, or even remotely stealthy as they were) echoed with her as she pounded dirt with each stomp. In the distant horizon, the sight of two children her age and an older man with a cigarette came apparent. Though by the time she'd come into the sight, her sprint was already faltering with a failing and quickly flailing motion of a run breaking her stride until she fell upon her face with a painful slide into the frame like a Baseball game.

Though strained, she raised her fist above her head and rest it against the grass patch before her. A small whimper whispered from her lips as she remained faceplant into the earth. "....Safe."

Gilzar Gilzar LazyDaze LazyDaze NeonFlow NeonFlow

Sure,” Kure said as he looked away and took another bite of his Dango, clearly not meaning a word he said. Kure took note of his sensei’s derprication of the language as he asked the whereabouts of the last member of team 12. (Definitely a dud..aren’t sensei supposed to be an example or something like that?) “Hmmm...” Kure mulled over her whereabouts in a thoughtful but bored manner. How was he supposed to know when he left to go get snacks. He wasn’t walking particulary fast so she couldn’t have followed him. That’s when she suddenly slid, face first...in front of the whole team.

She’s right here,” Kure said casually as he pointed towards Karasuko.

Quiet Quiet Gilzar Gilzar

Ongaku watched on half hearted with a yawn as Kure approached and sat down under the tree, to those from a distance it would seem like the two boys were on a picnic or something. Why else would people sit together under a tree? Shaking the care from his mind Ongaku took his instrument to look over once more, making sure each string was tuned correctly and the strap wouldn't come loose during training.

As Karasuko slid infront of them Ongaku let a low laugh slip out before giving two claps. "I'd give her nine out of ten for the speed, the landing wasn't perfect but she stuck with it showing surprising confidence at the end. So overall I'll give the entry five out of ten..." sarcasm leaked from his words as Ongaku stood holding back wide smiles.

Katsuro

Unlike his students, Katsuro was not in the least amused by the antics. As Karasuko slid forward, Katsuro hopped down from his treebranch to the ground next to his Genin. He reeked of cigarette smoke.

"Alright." He muttered as he stomped what was left of his smoke into the ground.. His breath smelled like a potent combination of cigarette smoke and alcohol.

Katsuro then reached into his back pocket, and pulled out a flask. He began to take small sips of it, then addressed his students.

"Let's get this started. I'm your sensei, Katsuro Katashi. You are to address me as sensei. I'm going to evaluate all of your skills, while teaching you an important lesson today."

Katsuro looked to all his students. "First thing you're all going to do is tell me your name, your goals, and two things you admire about each of your teammates. That includes me."

"Then after that we're going to get started on the exercise we have planned today."

"Lastly, I'm going to give you all the details of our first mission." Katsuro paused, taking one last drink of his flask before putting it back away. "But that's only if you pass this exercise."

"Someone start this off."

Ongaku took a step back as sensei landed before them, the first task was simple enough.. state your name, some goals... two things you admire about the team mates seemed more difficult. Ongaku didn't know much about them.

"my name is Ongaku Hashi, my goal is to provide a comfortable life for myself, the steps i see for that is to attract and seduce a beautiful woman to live with me, become a Shinobi whose capable of performing missions of any rank successfully.. and move out of the Hashi district."
He looked over his team mates with his eyeslids half closed.
"I admire the way Karasuko seems full of energy... uhhmm I... also, I like that she's tallest genin on the team without even trying.

what I admire about kure is... he... looks unimpressed all the time... or as tired as I might be. I admire his blade to... looks decent."
Ongaku turned his face upwards to look at sensei.
"I admire you sensei because you seem to do and say what you think... You swear smoke and drink around us and I'm guessing anybody else as well so we're all equal in that way to you... and... I've heard people mention the dog of the leaf village, so being regarded by a whole village is worth admiration I think."
Shrugging at the end Ongaku slapped his hands together as if he was dusting himself off from the situation now, looking between his new team with the regular tired look.

Gilzar Gilzar Quiet Quiet LazyDaze LazyDaze

“I’m pretty sure they announced our names many times...but yeah I’m Kure Ietsuna. My goal is to prove samurai aren't obsolete and inferior to shinobi." Kure then looked over his two teammates. It was actually impressive that Ongaku looked almost as uninterested as him and Karasuko's energy seemed to only make him more drowsy. "Umm, I guess you guys have things I admire, but I never really thought about things like this, and I don't know much about any of them. Its weird to be honest. I guess Ongaku is pretty shameless and straightforward. Those are qualities of someone you can trust. Seems pretty confident too. As for Karasuko, her height is definitely the most impressive thing about her. She too is also pretty shameless."

Kure then looked at his sensei with a blank expression for a few seconds and then turned his head to took a final bite of his Dango. (Hmm couldn't think of anything for Dud Sensei, maybe he won't notice.)

NeonFlow NeonFlow Quiet Quiet Gilzar Gilzar

Once rested in her facedown position in the dirt all man was born from, the announcement of the assignment caused her to launch herself from her prone lay with a flourish of energy, spinning up into a stand. Her expression was one of preparedness, as well as slight intimidation as she was face to face to Katsuro. An ice breaker to get in touch with her team? Count her in! The true secret to working in tandem is understanding, and this is where it begins!

Standing valiantly, she listened intently to her teammates-- though slightly wounded as her height was the only noteworthy thing of her, although remaining aware the three never interacted. "...Oh, my turn.." She put her hand on her chin, thinking for a second before snapping her fingers with a wide grin. "I got it..! My name is Karasuko Ametsuchi, second born of the Ametsuchi family! Remember the name!"

Her fist slung out in a power stance, as if she was a martial arts guru. Fist out, feet apart, and ready for action. "My goal is to be the strongest Shinobi in Konoha, better than anyone before! When I do, I'm gonna become the greatest Hokage that this village has ever seen, and lead us into a new Golden age like Naruto Uzumaki and put peace back on the line, for us and every other village in the world!"

"I like that Kure sounds smart behind all his laziness so I can trust him to do the harder thinking, and he's got good taste in snacks... Almost wish I went with him, ahah..!" She waved her hand, pointing at her tertiary teammate. "I also respect Ongaku's simplicity for his goals, so I think I can understand him! We both wear our hearts on our sleeves, which I think works for our benefit! As for you, Sensei, I like that you don't even seem to care that you smell like bad tobacco. I think that you must have some good reasons for it though, since you're already so strong and smart as a Jounin, so I think you've got it all figured out!"

LazyDaze LazyDaze Gilzar Gilzar NeonFlow NeonFlow

Katsuro listened to each Genin's response.

Ongaku went first. His answer for the most part struck Katsuro as somewhat materialistic. Women, skill, and money is how Katsuro translated that answer. Certainly not the most selfless goals, but still goals nonetheless. Katsuro pushed up his glasses, and continued to give Ongaku a good look over. Ongaku's eyes remained half closed, as if he were tired. When examining the eyes, he couldn't help but notice a scar just above the his left eye. Hard to notice given his hair covered it for the most part. Just as he noticed this Ongaku started asnwering the second part of the question. For the most part his compliments were pretty basic, not really anything that went beyond the surface of appearances and first impressions.

Next up was Kure. Unlike Ongaku, Katsuro associated his answer more with honor and reputation than anything else. Somewhat more selfless goal, still not motivated to purely make the world a better place. Kure's looks alone made him seem uninterested in the drill, with a blank facial expression that would even make Ongaku look emotional if compared. His response to the second question boiled Katsuro's blood slowly. The answers were shallow and basic, but he didn't even acknowledge Katsuro's presence. Katsuro's eyes narrowed toward the young samurai, and in his frustration his mouth partly slanted to a frown. In spite of all of this boy's disadvantages to Katsuro, form his size to skill, he still openly chose to disrespect his superior.

Karasuko's answer was a refreshing wave of energy that momentarily saved Kure from Katsuro's rage. From the get go she was much more upbeat than her lazy comrades. Her first answer reflected that of an individual who wanted respect, power, and to make the world a better place....and they echoed the goals of Naruto Uzumaki long ago. Out of the three teammates she was the only one who commented on bettering the world around her, even though the rest of her answer was still somewhat selfish in nature. Even before she answered his next question, Katsuro already had a feeling that she'd give him the least problems out of the three. Her last answers were also upbeat. Unlike Ongaku and Kure, Katsuro was 100% confident that these compliments were genuine and not completely forced like the other twos. Right now, if she has brains, she'll probably evolve to be the teams natural leader.

This drill primarily served as a personality test, as well as a way to measure familiarities between the comrades. It also was a good way of measuring respect amongst the group. Currently, these three did not know each other very well as shown by their compliments. Katsuro's interpretations so far were that Ongaku was full of himself, Karasuko was nice but somewhat ignorant, and Kure was a little shit who needed an attitude adjustment.

Speaking of Kure, Katsuro was still eyeing him down even when Karasuko was giving her answers, as if he were singling Kure out from the rest of the group. This boy, for whatever reason had so far refused to respect the mere presence of his sensei. If Kure wished to not respect Katsuro, then that was the way Katsuro was going to treat him. He wasn't going to let this undersized shinobi walk all over him like some Chunin instructor at the academy.

"Because of your teammate, we're not done yet." Katsuro growled.

Katsuro, without warning, burst forward in a flash of speed and appeared right in front of Kure in almost an instance. Starting now these genin were going to learn the hard way that they would respect him, whether they liked it or not. With his much taller, more scarred, and much more imposing figure, Katsuro looked down on the smaller genin. The sun reflected off of his oddly shaped sunglasses, hiding his eyes from the rest of the world.

"Kure, are you def or stupid?"

"I told you to include me in this exercise. Your teammates seemed to understand that, so either you can't hear me, or the academy has sent me a dipshit. Which is it?"

Kure listned to the response of Karasuko, she seemed to give some good answers and had a genuine heart which only served to make him look even worse. All the while he felt as if Dud Sensei's eyes were burning into his soul. This would be proven true when Katsuro flashed in front of him. Kure quickly grabbed the hilt of his blade on pure survival instinct. He just as quickly let it go, a little pissed off at himself because of how late his reaction was. From that short exchange he knew how wide the gap was between their abilities; however, Kure did not change his facial expression, whatever was going to happen was going to happen. He thought about the responses his teammates gave to the prompt Katsuro provided when he stated that they had some sort of understanding, but this only confused Kure.

"...Those were compliments," Kure asked nonchalantly. He was certain Katsuro would pick up on the backhanded nature of their admirations. Even still, he tried to think of something he admired about the new sensei that was different from what the others had already shared. His mind was still drawing a blank, but he seemed to already be past the point of redemption. He didn't know if he should answer his question, or come up with a fake compliment. "Ummm...hmm...," Kure began as he chewed on the left over stick. Meanwhile the pressure that the Dud Sensei was exerting only made it even harder to think.

"...Mmm.........anything that comes to mind sounds like an insult..." Kure answered honestly as he looked toward the Dud sensei, but kinda spectacular ninja. He could see that he was overflowing with experience and tobacco. Hopefully they could just get on with training, this all seemed a bit pointless, and Dud Sensei seemed just a bit too hurt about it. Kure never received much praise for his efforts; in fact it was quite the opposite. Were compliments and admirations such a big deal? It was a miracle he could even find something admirable about two out of the three strangers.

Gilzar Gilzar

Last edited:
Katsuro took notice of how Kure grabbed his blade and then immediately released it. This boy had warrior's instincts, there was no denying that. However, at this point Katsuro had no interest on testing how far those instincts went. Instead he wanted answers from the boy. He didn't care if the compliments were genuine or not. All he wanted was for the kid to do as he said as the chain of command dictated.

"Well then you'd better get creative, cause' I ordered that you give me two compliments." Katsuro retorted. "There are consequences for you and your team if you don't obey my orders."

Katsuro remained where he was, looming over Kure until he had achieved what he desired. Not even 10 god-damn minutes into introductions and these kids were already making him want another drink. It's a shame that his flask was nearly empty, and he only brought one pack of cigarettes for the day. Something was giving him the feeling that this was going to be a long day.

LazyDaze LazyDaze

"...*sigh* you have the persistence of a cockroach....oh that's one...," Kure said, surprising himself as he spoke out of frustration. Kure was listening, but was definitely missing the point. He was oblvious to the fact that this was an issue of principle rather than emotion. All he could think about was how a lack of compliments really seemed to bother Dud Sensei. Perhaps he didn't get enough hugs as a child, maybe the Hokage hates him, or maybe it was related to some form of PTSD, but Dud Sensei was really fishing for compliments. Kure's frustrations grew when his teammates were soon wrapped up in all this.

(Couldn't he just punch me in he face and be done with it....)

Kure eyed the imposing figure up and down...trying to find something, anything redeemable.....he sighed, feeling the strains of what the future might hold with someone like this as he spoke through his teeth in almost a pained manner. "...You're...a...cool...guy?" He exhaled when he was finished, not sure how he was able to make it through.

Gilzar Gilzar

Ongaku didn't particularly mind how his teammates viewed him, more concerned with the vocabulary of both of them. The samurai enthusiast was eating burnt food, why the girl says his taste in snacks were good is beyond the restless to consider. The kid also declared that Karasuko and he were shameless...

Ongaku gave a brief moment to think over what he said and what he heard...
our hearts on our sleeves huh? his brown eyes looked at his sleeve wondering if Karasuko could see the blinding love he had for sleep and fried squid...

guess what I said could be seen as straight forward... still I'd be hokage if I got a woman like Lady Hinata...
he had seen the pictures, the most impressive thing the seventh hokage had done wasn't his jutsu or his control of a tailed beast...
Ongaku broke from his own thoughts as kure struggled to call sensei cool.

"Pffffft... sensei isn't as cool as you Ku, though maybe... you might smile more if you became a ronin... wandering place to place... fighting bandits who can't control chakra..."
LazyDaze LazyDaze

Ongaku's lips curled into a annoying smirk. He stepped next to Karasuko to nudge her with his elbow as if trying to get her to join in.
"sensei is pretty cool though with his smokes and years of experience... not even my father is high functioning enough to drink before lunch.. Though father drinks just so he can sleep...dunno why sensei is using it for a crutch"
Ongaku spoke softer at the end but made no intention of hiding anything he said, it was just a splash of truth in the shit talk that the grey haired boy might call a joke or a bit.
Q quie
smirk.jpg
(I imagine his smirk like this but you know, he's like 13 or whatever aha)
Gilzar Gilzar

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back