• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto: Blood War [IC]

Characters
Here
When their teacher said to show her what they could do Ren jumped to his feet with enthusiasm. Always happy for an excuse to demonstrate his talents he eagerly began to assume an appropriate stance, listening with half an ear as she continued talking. She wanted to see what he could do? Well, no one ever needed to ask him twice. Heck, sometimes they didn't need to ask at all.

The girl, Tenshi, spoke up, surprising Ren. He stopped to listen politely as she quietly and rather hesitantly talked. She was clearly just as uncomfortable with speaking about herself as he usually was, and he didn't want her to think that he didn't care. As she told them (or more correctly mumbled) about her desire to pursue more medical training he couldn't help but admire her hair. He had never seen anything like it. Long and silky and pure white, it seemed to ripple with subtle rainbow colors in the sunlight. It was stunning, and Ren had to wonder if it was natural or something he could copy for himself.

She finished and Ren gave her an encouraging smile. It was strange how alike they seemed to be in some ways, at least from what she had said so far. Neither of them was particularly interested in being ninja and both of them had other desires. Her's didn't necessarily preclude the ninja life like his did, but it was apparent that she could take it or leave it as long as she got to study medicine.

And their instructor... Ren wasn't sure what to make of her yet, but as he subtly studied her while Tenshi finished up she seemed curiously pleased. He knew that she had said that she had different goals for them from most of the teachers, but it did seem a little odd that she was so quick to accept that they were both very indifferent or even opposed to being ninja. It gave him some hope but he had to wonder just why she was so different from the rest.

That was something for another time. His muscles tensing, he took a second to focus and center himself, preparing to show what he could do, only to start slightly as Kumiko spoke again, posing the question "What is the one thing people tend to forget about when engaging in battles of any size?"

She looked up at her two student from where she was sitting on the green, the sun shining down on her. "I’ll give you a hint: it’s the one thing that ninjas learn is essential to their well being. Once we have that answered, we can finally begin our first lesson.”

Well, that threw Ren. Here he was all set to strut his stuff and she goes and changes tack without warning, posing a tactical question out of the blue. Or, was it tactical? Ren wasn't a genius by any means, but he was above average, and the question got his brain working as he mulled it over.

His demonstration forgotten for the moment he slowly sat back down to sit again and think carefully about his answer.

Eventually, uncertainly, Ren raised his hand, forgetting that he wasn't in class anymore. "I'm not sure, but... is it to ask if the harm caused will even be worth it?"

"...someone who cares so little about other people's lives and property", Toshi said contemptuously. He started to throw the kunai on the ground, seeing what looked like anger flare up in the girl's eyes (although he got the impression that she was the type who was always angry). Before he could actually release it, though, the rabbit suddenly and without warning came to life.

Leaping like a mad thing it jumped off the stool and came down on his hand with enough force to knock the weapon away. Toshi instinctively twisted around in a drunken sway, arm flailing seemingly at random to smack it away, but it dodged with ease. It launched off of his wrist with a powerful thrust of its legs, making Toshi miss as it flew towards its next target, the pissy girl. It landed on her head with all of its weight, knocking her off balance as she tried to swat at it in vain. She couldn’t even touch it as it dancing around on her scalp, though, slapping her face with the lettuce before gobbling it down.

From there it jumped to the ground, dancing in what seemed to be mocking rings around the girl’s feet before scampering under the picnic table, avoiding Toshi’s attempt to grab it. Then it bounded up to land on the tabletop to give them a look that reminded Toshi of nothing so much as the look a scientist might give to a particularly intriguing specimen about to be dissected.

Then, an insufferably smug and knowing look on its face, it gave them an intentionally rude gesture and took off, dashing into the underbrush and leaving them to stare stupidly after it.

There was silence in the little clearing after that as Toshi exchanged looks with the other two. They had just been taunted and humiliated by a fake rabbit. And this after the boy had tried to befriend it and Toshi had, or so he thought, saved it from Pissy Girl’s blade. Faint lines of annoyance between his brows, Toshi tossed back the cup of wine that he had somehow, through all of that, managed to hold onto and not spill. Then, wiping his mouth with his sleeve, he said, “Right. We can work out our problems later. For now, let’s go beat the crap that little jerk.”

Imadori
this is ridiculous how the hell am I supposed to find, this person without going apeshit? like I may be a hunter-nin, but seriously? I don't hunt down my own village! ugh bet they would like that too, then finally have an excuse to put me down-
I wandered the market blankly for a while, my irritation only growing as these idiots continue to just fucking brush me off! does a chunin rank mean nothing to them?? I bet if I was a jonin then they would finally pay some fucking respect. I skirted around another young woman quickly ushering her kids away from me the second she caught sight of red eyes and blond hair. I growled and suppressed a scream​
what did I ever do to them? what more do I have to do for them? actually go out and fucking die? it's not fair, I didn't ask for this.
no one in my clan asked for this.
it rains hard on the inside.
each droplet another fear another worry, or insecurity, and its all filling up the sea of hurt and I don't know what to do, because damnit I am TRYING-
I shouldn't even bother! these damn people don't give a shit about what I do to keep them safe, they don't care that I risk my life for them
They just see me as a monster. I'm not a monster...i'm not...am I?
I huffed in frustration and rubbed my temples, hoping that would at least alleviate a headache that was beginning to swell up.
"Excuse me"
flinching, I blinked and shot my eyes to the individual now before me. I blinked a couple more times. my mind slowly coming to terms that no this person was not bitching at me, my jaw dropped slightly as I eyed her up and down
whoa she totally is talking to me...and not an ounce of spite! or, or like any contempt! from the looks of it, she seems to be a Hyuuga... and a fellow chunin! oh, wait, shit what is she saying! was that my name?? wait what's her name?? ugh ill find out later shes my companion! HAHA! take that you fucking desk Nin! I didn't need to find her, whatever her name is found me!
a wide grin had been slowly creeping up on my face and now, I fully embraced it and let out a laugh. quickly tossing my scroll into my pouch, a reached out to give my new companion a squeeze, and damn did she smell good! just the brief waftings were pleasent~
"HA HA! yeah yeah, that's cool! I'm Hanabusa Imadori! HA, so your searching is completed! I mean I would have you myself but um...yeah. anyway!"
she doesn't need to know how long it was going to take me to find her, does she? nah...that's a secret for me...gotta make a good impression! this one smells pleasant! like nicer than most so you know I can tell I'm going to get along with this one! this is good! this is going to be a good mission!
please let it be a good mission, please let her be good.
and if she isn't then well, just another hurdle I have to get over. I'm so sick of people...
"Yeah so like, let's get going yeah! or like did you wanna stock up on shit before we leave? I kinda just go cause like, the shop owners normally don't like me in there...but it's cool we can stop if you want!"
Beleth Beleth

Amaimon
of course the drunk had to stop her attack, and who the hell did he think he was?? Amaimon felt like she was watching in slow motion as the rabbit danced around them. Practically humiliating her and her so-called teammates as it pranced off deeper into the brush of the forbidden fucking forest. like weren't only chunins supposed to go in there?? Amaimon gritted her teeth and yanked out another kunai before leaping into the trees. hissing after her new teamates as she did so.
" me? at least I was trying to get shit done, you lazy little twerp. the only person here who can say that besides me is bubble boy" she growled,
clinging to the tree as she tried to spot where the rabbit had come from. in retrospect, she ha been a little hasty, but like, her way was faster anyway so there. bubble boys way might have worked, but obviously, they could rely on him to get anything done so she had to act! Amaimon could already feel it, she was going to be the only productive member of this team... hopefully they get to the chunin exams soon so she can leave this group behind.
so she could leave all of them behind. for freedom.
for now, she had to get this over and done with, no matter if she had two useless teammates. she would just
have to make it work somehow.
"do you even have a plan or are you just going to go rushing into the Forest of Death? "
she bit out, casting agitated glances at her teammates, one of which she just expected to outright give up. and where the hell was there sensei? was their sensei the rabbit? is that why she wanted them to chase it?
scowling at her other less outspoken teamate, she urged him on with a huff
"Hurry the hell up Bubble Boy, we obviously can't leave without you"
TheMADQ TheMADQ
Darth Bambi Darth Bambi
Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

[class=Info]

Font-Family:Open Sans;

color:Black;

padding:20px;

padding-bottom:5px;

background-color:#FFFF;

width:85%;

margin: Auto;

[/class]

[class=Line]

border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000;

[/class]

[div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

[Div class="Line"][/div]

Airi | Miu

[Div class="Line"][/div]

Darth Bambi Darth Bambi SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

"I'm not sure, but... is it to ask if the harm caused will even be worth it?"

Ren was quick on his feet, eager to demonstrate his capabilities. That is, up until she popped the question. Then things took a bit more hesitant approach, afraid of getting the answer wrong. He had stopped mid preparation to fumble with the quizzical inquiry, figuratively scratching his head at what their sensei’s thought process could possibly be. A piece of her had wished that she had waited for the individual to perform first, then pop the surprise riddle later. She couldn’t hold herself. She had been assigned two genin that not only were open to change but welcomed it far more than any other ninja-to-be she has ever seen. Hell, one even wanted to specifically study to become a medical ninja!

Despite the usefulness her kind had proven to be, they were still unspoken of, ridiculed even for claiming to be apart of battles by sitting in the backline and assisting those who have taken literal damage; apparently emotional infliction was child’s play in comparison to what our ninja child-soldiers are being trained for. Especially now when there is no battle or war to be preparing for- they were just mass producing children to fight for some old guy who could drop dead any moment. Had he even known their names? Their ambitions? Or were they just mini mechanics that can shoot out fancy light and pretty dances in the name of their village?

Airi’s face had scrunched a bit, disgust becoming more and more prominent in her rounded characteristics. She had lost herself within her own mind again. Shaking her head lightly at herself, the jounin offered a slight smile to pick the mood back up - both her own and in case either student had caught sight of her absent mindedness. From what she’s seen it would be an insult to just assume they didn’t notice or see anything; especially after a response to a teacher’s lesson. “That’s part of it,” she agree, eyes meeting his, “but not all of it. It is the very substance that make all jutsus - even taijutsu’s - possible.” To offer another hint, the jonin tilted up the palm of her hand, allowing a spark of lightning based chakra to flicker.

=============================================================

Left Out Left Out

"HA HA! yeah yeah, that's cool! I'm Hanabusa Imadori! HA, so your searching is completed! I mean I would have you myself but um...yeah. anyway!"

Two minutes into interaction with Miss Hanabusa and she was already greeted by a firm bear hug, nearly squeezing the life out of the Hyuuga. Her eyes wide, completely a rather opposite reaction, the chunin was left with a blush of pleasantries. Turns out they were going to be a duo. Her energy was refreshing. She seemed to have both feet on the ground with an even better head on her shoulders. It sure was a welcomed break from the average formalities her home clan presented.

“Truth be told, I thought I would be caught searching for a longer period of time,” Miu joked, hoping to break the ice on her end now, “maybe even camp out. These individuals had granted me vague information so my condolences if I were not able to meet with you at a faster pace.” The Hyuuga felt a twinge of uneasiness as she stated her apologies. Clearly she had no reason to considering it was not her fault but she felt the need to do so out of formalities; something people often mistaken for excess kindness and later breeding grounds for abuse.

"Yeah so like, let's get going yeah! or like did you wanna stock up on shit before we leave? I kinda just go cause like, the shop owners normally don't like me in there...but it's cool we can stop if you want!"

The storekeepers don’t like someone purchasing their product? Odd. Were they just plotting to go bankrupt or something or was this individual already hinting at some potential red flags? She was kind enough to set Miu at a good footing but it didn’t hurt to be wary in any case. The Hyuuga simply shook her head, patting the pouch on her hip. “I have...a bad habit of coming a bit prepared,” she mused lightly, unable to help herself from allowing a giggle or two to pass in both amusement at her own joke as well as slight anxiety. “Did you have everything you need? It would appear we have an espionage mission on our hands. I for one am not too keen on negotiating with others. I can try, however.”

[Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div][/div]

Who Tetsunori, Location: Forest of Death Tags: Left Out Left Out Darth Bambi Darth Bambi Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

Who flinched at the sudden moment, but he was a bit happy to see that the had accepted the lettuce. It was strange how the little rabbit could be so fast and so strong. But then it dawned on him that it must be a summon, there was no other explanation for its feats of speed and strength. Well then this changes this, sense Who isn't dealing with some helpless animal, he had to show it more respect. it was less of an animal and more of an equal. Which scared him a little, but he didn't have time to worry about what might possibly go wrong. "W-W-W-Well Mr....No Rabbit-sama." He changed the phrasing, because he didn't know the gender of the rabbit so calling it Mr or Miss would be rude. "D-D-D-Do...W-W-What is your name?" Who didn't want to be calling them Rabbit-sama the whole time so he thought he would do some quick introductions. He knew from experience that at least some summons could speak, so it would only be polite to assume this one could. "I-I'm Who." He bowed to show respect to his opponent. He knew that he couldn't face the rabbit as it was moving so sporadically, he just did it in a general direction. Who knew that he couldn't hold back at all, to do so would be disrespectful.

Who winced at the bark of Amaimon, he was holding them up. He was already becoming a burden and a disappointment. It was happening, no it had already happened, there was nothing he could do to take it back. He remembered Brundyn's words 'You have the strength to get up every day when you believe that there is no point. So I know that you can handle this.' His heart filled with determination, he couldn't just let it end that way, he had to move forward. Who pulled out two scrolls and opened them both at the same time. In two puffs of smoke popped out a large pile of junk metal. It appeared that it was going to be made into something, but right then it was useless junk. Out of the other scroll came out what appeared to be just a rather large wrecking ball. The scrap metal lifted into the air amongst the group, it wasn't obstructing any of his teammates movements. In fact if anything it gave them grantor mobility, allowing them to be able to jump from one piece of metal to another. Though it also gave the rabbit a greater mobility, though whenever the rabbit tired to move from one to another one, the metal folded in and attempts to grab the rabbit, which it wouldn't do to his teammates. Though Who didn't think for a moment that it would actually capture them, it was to just force the rabbit to keep on moving. Along with trying to grab the rabbit, the metal also would attempt to shake them off towards his teammates, just enough to try and mess with its trajectory. The five bracers on each of his arms fly off, one in particular chances the rabbit directly, these were a lightweight metal so it was able to move the fastest out of all of the metal. It moved as fast possible and tried to keep up with the rabbit. The other nine moved around strategically spread around the arena. Being prepared Who tired to predict where the rabbit would go and have one of the bracers in that aria intercept. If the bracers ever actually make contact with the rabbit, it will lock known tight and lift the rabbit in the air. The intent was to try and force the rabbit to run into one of his teammates giving them every possible opportunity to grab them. It was all about teamwork, the rabbit seemed to move too fast to be able for one person to succeed on there own, so Who thought it best to support his team.

TOSHI

Toshi gave a hard smile as the rabbit danced on the edge of the woods, bouncing back and forth in a clear challenge. He was generally very easy going and he couldn’t stay mad at anyone. However, he had a competitive streak a hundred miles wide, and a stubborn streak to match. If Hasenpfeffer there wanted a fight, Toshi was more than happy to give it one.

He refilled the cup, producing a little stream of lovely, golden-brown bourbon from nowhere, and offered it to the cute kid. It was meant as a friendly gesture, but the look the other boy gave it, like it was full of poison, gave Toshi the distinct impression that maybe it wasn’t the best idea. He took the hint and lowered his hand, not wanting to upset his new teammate.

“If you change your mind…” he said cheerfully as he drank it himself. “I’m Toshi by the way. Nice to meet you.”

He thought that the other boy might well have intended to respond, but out of the corner of his eye he saw Pissy Girl snatch out another kunai as she snarled at him. “At least I was trying to get shit done, you lazy little twerp. The only person here who can say that besides me is bubble boy.”

Toshi cocked a brow at her and finished draining his cup, giving an appreciative little sigh as he did. How had he ever managed to survive without bourbon? “There’s a difference between being lazy and waiting for clarification”, he said pointedly, but she wasn’t listening. She leapt at the rabbit, who dodged nimbly away as she hit a tree trunk and clung there, scanning their surroundings as she tried to track it. The little bastard was just so quick

Giving Toshi what he thought almost looked like a petulant glare, she patently ignored what he had said and snapped out "Do you even have a plan or are you just going to go rushing into the Forest of Death?" as she tried to figure out what that stupid not-toy was going to do next. Toshi thought she looked almost agitated for some reason, far more than the situation warranted, but he could never be sure if he was reading people right.

As he tried to answer her she scowled at their other, less outspoken teammate and huffed, saying, "Hurry the hell up, Bubble Boy, we obviously can't leave without you."

That managed to get under Toshi’s skin a little. He didn’t know what kind of history his two teammates had with each other, but he suspected that there was no kind of affection in that little nickname. He glanced at the other boy and thought he saw him flinch ever so slightly at the appellation, making Toshi think that he was right in guessing that the two of them weren’t on friendly terms.

Surprise, surprise, Pissy Girl didn’t apparently like anyone. Toshi was shocked.

No, really, it was a total mindfreak. He never would have guessed.

Rolling his eyes dismissively he gave Cute Guy-- who was actually introducing himself to Hasenpfeffer, throwing Toshi a curve-- a gentle nudge with his elbow. “She’s being an ass about it”, he said as Cute Guy flinched at Pissy Bitch’s growling, “but she’s not completely wrong. Come on, let’s try to catch that stupid thing and get this over with.”

Cute Guy nodded, and something seemed to harden within him. All of a sudden the nervous little mouse he had been disappeared and something else took its place. It wasn’t a huge change, like the nervous little mouse had suddenly become a nervous little rat, but it was there, and it hinted at more beneath, intriguing Toshi no end.

(Would Toshi ever get to learn his name? He knew that the two of them were called Who and Amaimon. He had at least learned that much before meeting them. But which was which was still completely up in the air.)

Anyway, Cute Guy pulled two large scrolls out of his… Actually, Toshi didn’t quite see where they came from. It looked to Toshi like he was a binding and summoning specialist of some kind, because the scrolls seemed to come from out of the aether. Whatever the case, Cute Guy whipped them open and masses of metal were ejected from each while the bracers on his arms flew off and began shifting shape. One mass spread out into scraps that formed platforms and stepping stones in midair, offering the three of them an arena to work in that would help neutralize the advantage Hasenpfeffer had in speed and maneuverability, while the other, which looked like nothing so much as an oversized wrecking ball, hovered menacingly nearby, looking ready to flatten any target Cute Guy pointed it at.

Toshi grinned and gave Cute Guy a thumbs up. “Nice!” he said as he jumped up onto a bobbing plate of steel and charged. “Let’s get that little shit.”

Last edited:
@SomebodyElse @ WinterScoutus
REN

Their teacher got an odd expression on her face for a moment, making Ren wonder if he had somehow said something that bothered her. It went on for just long enough that he was about to pipe up and try to explain himself when she gave her head a little shake, as if to clear it, and offered him a slight smile.“That’s part of it,” she agreed, her eyes challenging. She held up her palm and produced a tiny arc of electricity that bounced around in a playful manner, adding “but not all of it. It is the very substance that makes all jutsus - even taijutsu - possible.”

Toshi got the hint and smiled, relaxing again. Now he got what she was really asking them. His answer, at least to his mind, had been entirely correct. She was looking for logistics, though, not philosophy, which was a whole different thing. It was also a little disappointing as far as Ren was concerned. He had recently gotten interested in philosophy and would have loved to have had a discussion about it with someone. It was such a fascinating subject and it had gotten him thinking pretty deep thoughts about, well, just about everything, really. At least they were deep for him. He wasn’t a particularly contemplative sort, being more physically oriented, which was only natural given his love of dance. He was smart enough and did well with academics, but they weren’t his focus. Still, his readings were making him more contemplative, and he found himself wanting to hear other people’s thoughts and opinions on the subject, too.

A bit of a disappointment, but at least he thought he could give her the right answer.

“Okay”, he replied after a few seconds, giving her time to add anything else she might feel important. She didn’t and, showing just a bit of cheek, he said “First off, I have to point out that chakra isn’t a substance. It’s a form of energy. You know, to be all sciencey and stuff. And, second, maybe I’m missing something but are chakra reserves really a concern for ninjas?” He absently plucked a tiny little flower from the meadow and delicately ran his fingertips over it. He didn't know what kind it was, but it was very pretty and had the softest petals. “I mean not that they aren’t concerned, of course, but you make it sound like they don’t take how much they have and how much they use into account. Is that what you’re getting at?”

On a whim he reached over to tuck the flower into Tenshi’s hair, a splash of lavender in those amazing white locks of hers. “I can’t speak for others, but I’m very aware of how much chakra I have at any given time, and how much I’m using. Is that abnormal or something?”

Last edited:
Yuriko (Rabbit) - Kimidori Kaguya
Location: Konoha ---- Interaction(s): Left Out Left Out (Amaimon), TheMADQ TheMADQ (Who), Darth Bambi Darth Bambi (Toshi)

Kimidori was quite surprised to see the team go so quickly from arguing to focusing on the task at hand. She in particular wanted to test the capabilities of Who right now, whom had revealed his specialty to her but not how far he could go with it. Of course, she'd want to see what the other two could bring to the table as well, but for now, the focus would be on Who. 'I'll let you do it this time Yuriko,' Kimidori stated in her mind, giving Yuriko the okay for some real fun with these Genin.

Upon receiving approval from Kimidori, Yuriko began leaping all over the Genin's metal plates, avoiding getting caught and scaling them as far up as the plates allowed. Once about the top of the plates, the rabbit just bounced back and forth between the highest handful, awaiting Toshi to catch up as well as Who's bracers to find their way to the rabbit. As one of the bracers got near, the rabbit full-speed and full-force leaped onto the bracer, and before it could catch her, sent it flying toward Toshi as she leaped into the other bracer, getting caught all too easily for what the rabbit had been doing thus far. Of course, the rabbit would make it obvious that it was too easy to be over with, slipping out of the bracer as she divided in two, one jumping to the ground and the other leaping on top of Who's head and just laying there, doing nothing lest someone try to snatch her off of his head. The rabbit seemed content with herself being on Who's head, though still alert and aware.

Meanwhile, the Yuriko that landed on the ground stretched and yawned, remaining rather stationary for the moment, giving a stare-down to Toshi and Amaimon, awaiting their next move. The charm on the rabbit's right ear jingled lightly as a light gust of wind blew through the area, the rabbit doing naught but watching the two Genin, anticipating their next 'attack'.

Yeah, all right, Toshi had to admit it… this was going to be a lot harder than he had thought.

As they watched, flummoxed, that damned rabbit-thing seemed to just flow through the obstacle course Cute Guy had set up. What was meant to slow it down only seemed to give it more opportunities, letting it bounce from platform to platform with an ease that defied belief. It even let itself be captured by one of the snapping, trap-like bracers, only to slip out of those metal jaws like a greased eel.

Then it freaking split in two. One continued to hop jauntily around while the other, taunting them all with their uselessness, landed on Cute Guy’s head and laid down as if about to take a bloody nap.

There was a faint cracking sound and the cup in Toshi’s hand suddenly shattered without warning as he clenched his fist so tight that the bones creaked. There was a look genuine of anger in his eyes for the briefest of moments as he ground his teeth and started to pace towards the one nestled ion his team mate’s then he froze, and the anger went away just as quickly as it had arrived.

Relaxing again, he barked a laugh and let the shards of the cup fall as he pulled out another one and, surprising no one, took a quick drink as he smiled at their opponents. “All right”, he said, “you got me for just a second there. I was actually starting to take this seriously. It won’t happen again, though.”

He filled the cup one more time and actually offered it to the one beleaguering poor Cute Guy, who looked like he didn’t know what to do about the situation. “Want a drink before the games really begin?”

Takeshi Arikawa
Tags: JustJazzy JustJazzy , TheMADQ TheMADQ and Witty Wild Witty Wild

Immediately as the air thickened and the clouds formed around him, Takeshi drew his puppet before close - preparing for combat. [No hand-signs huh? Guess I may have misunderestimated her] he thought to himself, vision soon impaired by the deep fog that Tokiwa casted. Hoping to escape it, Takeshi leaped backwards at least ten feet, but the fog’s circumference was larger than Takeshi anticipated - who knew how far it reached? But his lack of sight heightened his sense of hearing, allowing him to make out the sound of spinning shuriken coming his way.

Quickly, Takeshi dashed to his right, evading one of the steel blades. However, there was a second! Quickly he drew Poh defensively, allowing the puppet to take the attack - the shuriken sticking to Poh’s torso like a mosquito. He then maneuvered his strings to let Poh remove the shuriken from its body and move forward to attack!

Poh rushed forward through the air, emitting the signature clicking sound that all Sand puppets do. [Where the hell are you?] Takeshi wondered, moving his puppet around the large smog as his body started to feel the incredible cold that came with Tokiwa’s jutsu. [Let’s see you try and dodge this!]

Puppet Technique: Scatter Shot!” He called out, maneuvering his chakra strings to allow Poh to fire off kunai from its body in multiple directions. He even added a little spin to cover more ground with the shots. [No way she could have dodged that]

Ren thought it was the harm that could be done in a fight and apparently that was wrong. Although it sounded like a good answer anyways.

"Is it Chakra?"
Tenshi wasn't sure if people tended to forget about chakra, and she felt it was the wrong answer because she wasn't aware that Taijutsu required chakra.
Hopefully she was correct because she wanted to see what their first lesson was.
Darth Bambi Darth Bambi Beleth Beleth

Last edited:

Just as Toshi was about to hand the drink over a large chunk of metal came flying at him from the upper level of the arena. He caught a glimpse of it out of the corner of his eye and tried to dodge, but it was moving too fast to avoid completely. As he lurched to the side it clipped his arm, hitting him hard enough to knock him over and leaving a gash in his bicep that started bleeding immediately.

He landed hard, but that was nothing to someone who practiced Drunken Boxing. Hell, throwing yourself at the ground on a regular basis was practically expected. The metal had also torn his jacket, though, and that was a problem. He really liked that jacket. His foster father had given it to him as a going away present. It had been custom made just for him, and now it was torn. That made him very unhappy, and the frown was back as he did a backwards roll to get to his feet.

However, even that he could have forgiven. He was trying to keep it friendly, but this was a duel, and things happened in duels. He understood that injuries and damaged clothes were always possible, even likely. No, what finally made his vision go red, what finally made him lose his temper, wasn’t the cut or the jacket... it was the empty cup he was still holding in his left hand.

The son of a bitch had made him spill his drink.

Likely the others were more than a bit surprised when Toshi sprang up, turned, and punched the one sitting on Cute Guy’s head square in the nose. It was like hitting a sack of bricks, but Toshi’s hard, calloused fist connected with a meaty smack as he bellowed, “That was twelve year old scotch, you piece of shit!”

The rabbit, caught off guard by the blow, went tumbling to the ground as Toshi yanked off his jacket with a grim smile. He had sacrificed power for speed to make sure that blow connected, so he knew hadn’t really hurt it, but just the fact that he had managed to connect was something.

Of course, Hasenpfeffer had probably also been caught off guard by the fact that Toshi had attacked it instead of trying to capture it, but Toshi would take his victories he could get them.

Whatever the case, the rabbit/s had turned the game into a fight, and Toshi was happy to provide. He hadn’t taken up Drunken Boxing for fitness, after all. He liked fighting. It was what he did best (after drinking, of course). He had been studying taijutsu techniques since he was four, and he was pretty good at it. Oh, sure, he didn't have the time training or the mass and size of older fighters, but he was definitely no slouch.

And he had plenty of experience in bar fights.

Tossing his beloved jacket aside, he nodded at Who and said, “Cage us. Let's see how it handles not being able to jump around all over the damned place.”

If Cute Guy responded Toshi didn't hear him. His blood was up and there was nothing for it but to do it. He gave his team mate a hard little grin and then threw himself at the monster.

Last edited:
Amaimon
Ami blinked in stunned surprise at the metal contraption that had sprung up, and though she kinda refused to admit it, she was a little impressed. and maybe she would have voiced it -
there's no way in the world I'm telling him how cool that was...I'll eat my own foot first...
HAd it actually worked and kept the stupid rabbit contained...shifting her footing from her higher vantage point she eyed the terrain around her. deep red eyes glanced around and tried to keep track the bouncing ball of fur when it suddenly split into two. of fucking course it did. because she was Hanabusa Amaimon, and this was her life now and it was shitty. Briefly, she thought about creating a mist to surround the clearing...then dismissed it. not only would the rabbit have a tactical advantage of sound, but they would essentially be helpless and tripping over Bubble boys contraption. No that would not do... she had to think...what was the best possible scenario-
and that was when the drunk son of bitch Hit the rabbit and her jaw dropped. well damn. for a drunk like him, Ami didn't really expect much but well- her legs tensed and her shoulders bunched as she somersaulted to the ground, digging into her ninja pouch and releasing a spray of senbon at the other rabbit- damn if she was going to sit idle. "first good idea I've heard you say all day, to think, all it took was you crying over spilled milk" she snarked, sliding in close to Who to lean over him and whisper close to his ear,"I've got a plan, the Drunken Monkey over there has a good idea... or well sort of. build a cage and trap me in it. then I'll use the replacement jutsu on it."she hissed, reading herself for another fight"Oh and don't screw this up bubble boy, we're kind of counting on you. " she mumbled.
TheMADQ TheMADQ Darth Bambi Darth Bambi Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

Imadori Dori-Chan
Hey! so I'm not the only one those little shit heads are mean to! HA, maybe I was blowing it a bit out of proportion...or maybe they don't like Hyuuga as well?? hmm Nah, that doesn't seem to be the case for that one uppity prick who always saunters in like he owns the place...can't even see their faces they're so up that guy's ass. ugh, and they gave us a negotiation mission? ugh, ass-hats...
I nodded my head solemnly, a frown stealing over my face as I tsked with annoyance.
"mhm Nah I'm good to go, got the goods in a sealing scroll in my pouch...to be honest, I'm not really much of a negotiator either... I'm a hunter-nin sooo... "
I sighed in mild embarrassment, feeling my cheeks pink.
I twirled a lock of ash blonde hair and tugged on it in nervousness, casting a couple glances up the road.​
Jees she's going to think I'm useless at this rate... she'll think all I'm good for is another murder machine. just like all the other Hanabusa...i bet that's what she's thinking now. useless Imadori, worthless Hanabusa
she would have no right to judge me! she's just the same...She doesn't know how to negotiate either so!
I'll prove her wrong, I'll finish this fucking mission successfully. one way or another.

I can't afford to be hesitant now, this mission waits for no one! and if I'm going to prove just how great I am, WHO I am, then I can't let this stop me!
I take another glance at her face before my own sets in determination and I let out a huff of air and begin marching forward to the gaits at a steady pace and gaining speed.
"well we'll just have to worry about convincing them when we get there then ya?! let's get this show on the road!"​
Please don't let me mess this up...

Beleth Beleth

[class=Info]
Font-Family:Special Elite;
background-color:#FFFF;
[/class]

[class=Line]
[/class]

[div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

[Div class="Line"][/div]

"Is it Chakra?"

Quick. Tenshi was quick, Airi noted, nodding twice. She was aware that her question had been more on the cryptic side and couldn’t exactly blame the other two for scratching their heads and proposing the answers that they did. Not that they were wrong but it also took a bit of a nudge to get the answer she was looking for. Imagine she had overtly stated ‘what do we all use’ or something not as riddling; sure, they would have gotten the verbal response she was looking for but would they have understood it? Would they have deeply understood the logistics of ninja ways or like some sort of parrot were the two genin expected to have the response at the ready?

Ren’s response was far from incorrect. As a matter of fact he seemed to have possess a deeper meaning of how things around him work - something invaluable for medical nins. She could trust the two of them would not run kunai-happy into the Forest of Death chasing down some sort of evil sage in the name of the Hokage… or something. As much as the jonin kept repeating it to herself internally, they both had a good head on their shoulders. It excited her. All of this was an anxiety inducing vomit attack waiting to happen and now.. she couldn’t be happier.

Forgive me for I cannot kill. That was the only thought that lingered in the teacher’s thoughts. It was soon but Airi couldn’t see it (or have it) any other way. To think she had made plans earlier to eventually kill off these students once they had grown enough but now… now she couldn’t even so much as think about bringing a hand to their head. Ren plucked a flower from the ground and placed the stem into Tenshi’s hair.

By the looks of it, the female didn’t seem to mind at all. Either that or she had been waiting for an appropriate time to smack the living hell out of him when Airi wasn’t look. Woman had a tendency to be a fickle thing like that, the jonin internally snorted. Though, it seemed as more of a pensive action rather than an act of advancement from the male’s perspective, his tone fluctuation matching accordingly.

“First off, I have to point out that chakra isn’t a substance. It’s a form of energy. You know, to be all sciencey and stuff. And, second, maybe I’m missing something but are chakra reserves really a concern for ninjas?”

Airi nodded twice, arms folding over her chest. “Okay, you’re right- chakra isn’t a substance; it’s a form of energy. However, the reason I use the word ‘substance’ is because that’s what ninjas with reckless tendencies see it as: expendable matter that will always replenish itself. These tend to be the ones who are willing to dive head first straight into battle and fight without understanding just how much chakra they can and are willing to sacrifice before collapsing at the enemy’s mercy. As you know, the opponent is the one individual - or individuals - who will not only not spare you if you lose consciousness due to recklessness but will also take full advantage. The petty ones would gloat but the far more tactical foes - the ones to fear - will expect you to drain your chakra reserve before proceeding to unleash hell fury.”

At this point it felt as though she were telling some sort of horror story to a bunch of children but truth be told this was the type of information that was often held back. Information that got others killed once the baby missions were over. Ren had mentioned having a firm understanding of his chakra reserve. Good kid, he was already ahead of the rest of the ninja-to-be.

“... Is that abnormal or something?”

The amount of times the jonin could purse her lips in the course of this lesson without giving off the impression she had been mocking them had been… little to none, actually. She had to respond promptly to clarify that wasn’t the case. “Possibly. But not in the way you might think. See, I like to think of a chakra reserve as a mix of three things: Preservation, Practice and Control. Then those things would eventually age into maturity to which you begin to almost forget the effort it takes to hold yourself back and learn to process the very energy that flows through your system. I have seen this practice more in jonin and higher ranks rather than genin and chunin simply because expending chakra to test out limits is no more addictive than a child to candy, make sense?”

Now then, that was enough talking and discussing the theories. They seemed to understand exactly what they needed to do and what was a good idea or bad. It was onto phase two. “Now then. We will begin with physical training. In the third training grounds I have set up an obstacle course for you two. The purpose of this obstacle course will be to demonstrate just what you can do and how that brain of yours tinker.” Airi nodded her head in the new destination’s general direction. “If you don’t know where it is, feel free to follow me. If you do - well - I’ll see you there!” And with another nod, this time in temporary dismissal to move onto the next area, the jonin had begun her way to the place.

Miu Hyuuga Left Out Left Out

“...I'm a hunter-nin sooo... "

Imadori’s cheeks had taken a color of rose Miu was unfamiliar with until now. She tilted her head once, awaiting for the ninja to finish her thoughts only to be mildly disappointed at the cliff hanger. This was a good thing. Of the few weaknesses the Hyuuga cared to admit, hand to hand combat was one of them. Shameful, considering her family comes from intensive taijutsu but the female had been far more interested in disabling briefly, even faster onslaught and with a larger set of numbers than just a single full blown charge. Now it was her turn to feel her cheeks heat up, perhaps in reflection of the hunter’s current emotional state.

“I understand. I’ll try to brush up on my own negotiating skills, I’m sure I have some rusted skills my father had offered in my earlier life. Supposedly my family is expected to work closely in this line of work.” Matters about her family were kept brief or non-existent. She didn’t need others painting her as some uppity Hyuuga that was just self-interested and planned to abuse those later ‘irrelevant’ as her family would have put it. Thanks dad.

Nodding her head once, Miu found herself hooking her thumbs into her pants pocket as her new partner’s eyes darted up and down the road, tugging at the ends of her hair as the interactions continued. Didn’t she know she was going to go bald? Miu extended a hand to her wrist, two fingers gently pulling them away from the female’s locks. “Can’t have you bleeding just yet- the mission hasn’t even started…!” This …. was her attempt at humor. Though judging by the context, the timing and the execution, she wouldn’t blame the hunter if she thought she had been cracking a period joke or something. She bit the inside of her cheek, releasing the female’s wrist before letting a slight smile slip. Her energy was something else, wasn’t it? It was refreshing.

“Lead the way.”

[Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div][/div]

Who Tetsunori, Location: In Front of the Forest of Death Tags: Left Out Left Out Darth Bambi Darth Bambi Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

Who froze when the rabbit landed on his head, he didn't want to move and it jump off. At the same time he was having a mini freak out inside at the fact that the rabbit was getting its dirty germs all over him, he was going to have a to take a scalding shower when he got home. "Um...I am n-n-not trying to g-g-grab you..." He slowly lifted his hand to try and pet the rabbit. He wasn't making any sudden movement, he had no intention to grab it, all he wanted was to pet it gently. But before he was able to he was offered a drink, he looked at Toshi, his eyes widened and he once again froze. He didn't know what to say, was felt that he was socially obligated to take it. He felt that he would just insult Toshi if he didn't take it. He could smell it, it was so strong that his eyes watered on the spot. He had never smelled something this potent before he couldn't even tell that it was boos, it just smelled so much different then anything he had been exposed to. Who was about to take the drink for the sake of comradery and ignore every fiber of his being that was grossed but by the thought of sharing drink. He wasn't able to form a coherent sentence and just let out a high pitched squeak. He was reaching about to take the glass, when out of corner of his eye he saw one of his bracers get knocked towards Toshi. He tried with all of his might to stop it before it could hit Toshi but the it was pushed too strongly he didn't notice soon enough for him to stop it in time.

Who just watched in horror as Toshi's demeanor changed, he was no longer the friendly drunk that Who had known through the Academy. He reminded him of his brother when he would go into a drunken rage, Who was petrified, reliving flashbacks to of when he would get beat. Worst part is Who blamed himself for Toshi's rage, if he had been stronger, if he had been faster then this whole situation could have just been avoided. Who thought that he was angry with him and that he was coming to take his aggression out on him. He was a deer in the headlights he couldn't move he couldn't do anything. When Toshi punched the rabbit off his head, even though he didn't get hit, Who just crumpled down onto the board. He couldn't hold back his terror any more and he just broke down. He started to shake, his breathing quickened to the point of hyperventilation, he was in the fetal position looked like he was trying to brace himself. Everything that he was holding up came crashing to the ground, he didn't have the strength to hold it up any longer, not after that.

Who was being asked by both his teammates to cage them in. If he had ever hesitated or failed to do as ordered with his brother, he would only be hurt more brutally. So in his mind he had to comply in that very moment, he didn't have the luxury to have a break down. He forced himself to his knees, he looked like a mess, still shaking. He used all his strength that he had left and reached for the wrecking ball. A compartment opened inside of it and out poured thousands upon thousands petal sized blades. They moved around chaotically, creating a whirling cloud of blades. The enormous cloud split in half and surrounded both Amaimon and Toshi and their respective rabbits, creating a dome. If anyone came into contact with the wall, they could be greatly damaged . Who gave them a little space to fight with, but it wasn't much. Who would do his best to try and move the blades to keep his teammates from touching.

Yuriko (Rabbit) - Kimidori Kaguya
Location: Konoha ---- Interaction(s): Left Out Left Out (Amaimon), TheMADQ TheMADQ (Who), Darth Bambi Darth Bambi (Toshi)

As the rabbit connected with the ground, it split into two once again, making for there to now be three Yurikos. One hid behind Who before it could be seen by the enraged Toshi, whilst the other remained there, waiting for the young boy's next move. Once the two had been caged in with their respective Genin, the third Yuriko jumped up from behind Who, landing atop the young boy's head once more. Kimidori found herself quite impressed by Who's techniques, deciding it was time to properly meet with her team.

While they were in combat and all with two of Yuriko's duplicates, Yuriko wasn't the type of rabbit to push such a fight to the extreme and cause people to bring out their strongest Ninjutsu or the likes. Unless, of course, Kimidori let the Amplification Summoning Technique go on to the point where there were hundreds of Yurikos, which at that point she'd more than likely have Yuriko turn into clones of herself. "Release," Kimidori said, the two rabbits within the bladed cages disappearing in a puff of smoke, like most summons when dismissed. Kimidori then proceeded to form a few hand seals and cast another Jutsu. "Earth Release: Light-Weight Rock Technique."

Opening the umbrella in her hands, Kimidori leaped lightly off the tree branch she had been sitting atop, floating slowly over the fence and down to the ground between the three Genin. Upon landing, she let go of the umbrella, it spiraling upwards briefly before closing and falling back down. Kimidori caught it with her left hand, the closed umbrella resting over her shoulder. "I'm slightly disappointed, though very much so pleased by what I've seen here. First and foremost, I must applaud Who for his excellent support of the team in this task." Kimidori said, her piercing eyes taking a look over at Who for a moment.

"I must applaud Amaimon second, for not taking any delay or risk in trying to begin the task, although I also need to add that the idea of how to go about it was slightly wrong. Nothing inexcusable though, as the task very well could have been completed by that method." Kimidori gave Amaimon a very brief, very faint smile, before turning her attention to Toshi. "As for you, Toshi. I must admit, you did put forth quite the effort for the task, and I'm proud of that. However, you let your emotions get too much control over yourself. Following ones' emotions are key to achieving ones' goals, but when you change course from capture to kill on a mission, then you're doing naught but risking the death of an invaluable information source that you're supposed to bring back alive. That said, of course, continue to fight back with that strength of yours whenever necessary."

After Kimidori had given her words to the three Genin, Yuriko jumped off of Who and onto Kimirodi's shoulder, seeming to fall asleep on the spot. "With regards to the disagreement at the start of the task... I'm not going to ask for you three to get along. I personally don't care that much about people that hate each other getting along unless there's significant benefit to it. However, I do suggest doing what you can to avoid such disagreements, and at the very least, following a common plan when out on a mission." Kimidori said with a rather uncaring tone, practically alluding to the way she'd treated her own teammates during the Chunin exam half a year ago. "Enough with that though; it's time for introductions, as silly as it might sound. Share your names, why you're a Ninja, and then tell me how strong you are, as well as how strong you plan to become."

Imadori
score as far as teammates go! This Hyuuga Miu didn’t seem so bad. He’ll she’s even joking with me! I think... she is joking right?
what if she’s making fun of me? Is it a jab at my being Hanabusa???
I glanced back briefly with slightly narrowed eyes at the blood comment. Before shrugging it off and continued my long strides towards the gate. I shot the gate Chunin a brief lazy wave, ignoring how they flinched, and launched myself up into the dense trees of the Forrest.
“I heal pretty quick so ya know I should be good...Haha.. erm yeah! So I guess We’ll just have to see how well they take our visit...”
if they decided to be ugly about it well...I could be ugly too.
at least the shade of the trees would help to keep me moist for now...though I wish Gin-Sama had explained more about the sweat to water Jutsu insteada just tossing me out to find out on my own jees. Then again I did nod at everything he said..Ah I should have practiced more! Miu said she came prepared so I bet she has water! If anything I can just ask to use some of hers! There! Beleth Beleth

-Amaimon
Ami blinked at the sudden appearance of their sensei, poised as she was to begin the fight inside of Bubble Boys new cage of sorts, which she had to reluctantly (again) admit to herself it was impressive. smirking, Ami shot a vindictive smile at Toshi, noting his name and debating on whether or not she wanted to use it. in the end, she briefly decided she would just have to come up with something better than drunkard...
Drunk monkey sounded pretty accurate
snorting a bit, she relaxed her tense stance and settled into a more natural one. Ami pulled out a silver sealing scroll from her ninja pouch and gave it a sharp flick whilst channeling chakra into it. Out popped a fresh clear bottle of water, briefly suspending mid-air before being caught by Amaimons slender hand. casting a bored, if not contemptuous glance at her teammates,
I dare any one of them to comment on it!
Whilst not necessarily winded or even tired, Amaimon was in the sun, in the heat. She could feel her gills, hidden beneath her hair, itch, and tense. her skin, once smooth and soft, had started to dry in places; becoming slightly flaky on her hands. Ami resisted the urge to cough or scratch at the scales hidden underneath her thigh high socks. no matter how badly they began to itch, she would not scratch. she would drink her water and endure until she could make it home for a good soak in the oasis.
taking a long drink and draining the bottle dry in seconds, Ami restored the bottle and flicked the scroll back into her pouch. Ignoring any eyes that may have been on her, Ami cleared her throat briefly
" I'm Amaimon. My fr- ahem, some people call me Ami. I'll let you know if you ever get that right. I'm a ninja because I have to be strong and contribute to making my clan proud as the Heir. I'd say as far as power goes I'm decent."
she sniffed,
I'm average at best...but I won't be for long...soon I'll be really strong, and then...and then...
"O-of course that's just for right now. I WILL only get stronger."
she growled firmly. her voice slightly cracking at the end as her legs started to burn just a bit more intensely. Ami cursed again her foolish rebellion against her father. Because she knew that the burn would only get worse, that the flaking would begin to rash, that her coughing would lead to choking. Unable to breathe and inevitably dying. because because-
I'm a Hanabusa, and I am not normal, I am not natural. And I am doomed to this fate.
TheMADQ TheMADQ
Darth Bambi Darth Bambi

Tenshi felt as if there was some kind of confliction within Airi. She could feel a sort of tenseness in the air that eventually lowered.
Airi told them about Chakra Theory. Tenshi's control over chakra was good but her reserves weren't that high.
She understood that preserving Chakra was important. Running out of Chakra was dangerous and almost always lead to defeat and probably death.
She felt something in her and realized Ren was putting a flower stem into her hair.
What. Why is he doing that.
Her concentration broke when Airi told them to head towards to an Obstacle Course. Would it involve using Chakra? It seemed odd that she would inform them about Chakra and follow it up with an obstacle course. Perhaps the talk was a clue.
Tenshi followed Airi behind.

Last edited:
TheMADQ TheMADQ Left Out Left Out Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe
BING

A scaly little red head popped up from the grass nearby. There had been the sound of a fist hitting flesh, a sound she knew very well from being with Toshi-friend for so long. There was yelling, too, and that usually meant a fight. Wondering just what was going on she looked up to see him say something to the frightened human. (She had gotten a good sniff of him earlier and she didn’t like it. He smelled like mice do, afraid of everything. For reasons she couldn’t articulate that made her sad.)​

Bing had been on the hunt for berries. (It had almost been hours since she’d last had any. She was starving. Honest.) Toshi-friend’s yell had temporarily distracted her from her eternal quest for sugary treats, though, and now he was giving the other male a smile that Bing recognized. She didn’t know what was going on, but she knew that that particular smile meant that Toshi-friend was angry.

As she watched, the bunny that had been knocked off to land on the ground behind the frightened male suddenly split into a second… no, a third rabbit. That got Bing’s guard up. Rabbis were mean. Bing didn’t like rabbits. A rabbit that could become many rabbits was very concerning, and now three of them were confronting Toshi-friend.

She rose up further, wondering if she should need to go bite the rabbit’s ear or something, but then relaxed again. Toshi-friend’s smile said something had made him mad, but it also told her that he was amused as well, and having fun. (Toshi-friend could be very confusing at times.) It was the smile he got when he was in one of the warm-water places and got into a fight.

Toshi-friend liked fighting.

Bing did too, actually. She was good at it, too. Not a beetle or a snake in the area could take her on, and even cats were wary of her.

Bing started to relax again but the young female jumped down from the floating metal at that moment and said something to the scared one as well. Bing didn’t understand the words, but they clearly made him even more nervous. Bing could taste it on the air as she flicked her tongue curiously.

Whatever was going on, Toshi-friend suddenly threw himself at the bunny as the female went after a different-same rabbit, lurching in that strange way of his. (Toshi-friend had played with Bing for a long time when they first met, studying how she moved and learning to mimic it. He didn’t get it quite right, but he did a pretty good job of things and it had been an awful lot of fun teaching him.)

To Bing’s surprise all of that metal suddenly formed up into two masses and then came down on Toshi-friend and the female. Bing froze for just a second, wondering if Toshi-friend was going to be crushed, but instead the masses spread out and formed cages that trapped them and the two rabbits within.

Bing relaxed again. She knew what this was. This was nothing new. Toshi-friend had been in a few fights in cages in the past. He always seemed to enjoy it. And that meant that she could resume her hunt for that most wiley of prey… the random strawberry.

Her tongue flickering to catch the scent and her radar pinging the surroundings to try and find her elusive quarry, Bing started to set off again only to be interrupted by the second female, who had been hiding in the trees above. (Hiding from the others, that is. Bing was too clever and smart to be fooled like that.) The old female did something that broke the chakra enhancing the rabbits, causing the extra two to disappear in a puff of smoke. Then she jumped out of the tree she had been hiding in, opening a rain-blocker to slowly drift to the ground.

Bing was actually a little impressed. She had never seen a human do that before. Of course, she thought rather smugly to herself, she didn’t need to use a rain-blocker to do that. And her scales protected her from the rain, too.

This was worrying, though. Strawberries forgotten for the moment, Bing watched warily as the old female descended. Bing could sense power in her. She had a lot of chakra in her, far more than the three young humans, and she knew how to use it. That made her dangerous. If she acted up Bing might have to fly up and give her a good hissing.

She didn’t attack, though, instead landing near the others and talking to them in a friendly tone. Friendly on the surface, anyway. Bing could hear something else underneath that concerned her. Hopefully Toshi-friend would hear it to and be wary.

Speaking of Toshi-friend, he said something to the old female in return, something that sounded like “Who said anyhitng about killing it?”. Bing had no idea what that meant, but she recognized the tone in Toshi-friend’s voice. It was the same tone he used when he thought someone was being a little stupid.

She hoped Toshi-friend wasn’t going to antagonize the more powerful female. That would be bad for him.

The female didn’t seem to be angered, though, which meant that Bing could resume the hunt. Her tail quivering excitedly she flew off into the woods. It was strawberry season and she was going to find some.

Last edited:
"As for you, Toshi. I must admit, you did put forth quite the effort for the task, and I'm proud of that. However, you let your emotions get too much control over yourself. Following ones' emotions are key to achieving ones' goals, but when you change course from capture to kill on a mission, then you're doing naught but risking the death of an invaluable information source that you're supposed to bring back alive. That said, of course, continue to fight back with that strength of yours whenever necessary."

After Kimidori had given her words to the three Genin, Yuriko jumped off of Who and onto Kimirodi's shoulder, seeming to fall asleep on the spot. "With regards to the disagreement at the start of the task... I'm not going to ask for you three to get along. I personally don't care that much about people that hate each other getting along unless there's significant benefit to it. However, I do suggest doing what you can to avoid such disagreements, and at the very least, following a common plan when out on a mission." Kimidori said with a rather uncaring tone, practically alluding to the way she'd treated her own teammates during the Chunin exam half a year ago. "Enough with that though; it's time for introductions, as silly as it might sound. Share your names, why you're a Ninja, and then tell me how strong you are, as well as how strong you plan to become."

Toshi frowned at the woman in front of them, presumably their new instructor. He waited for Cute Guy to remove the cages, which his new friend did with impressive facility, the metal forming up into balls again to be re-bound to their scrolls. Then he brushed himself off and went to pick up his jacket. The rip in the sleeve wasn’t too bad, but he was still going to have to pay someone to restore it. He put it back on and buttoned it up.

“Who said anything about killing it", he asked her when he was done. "I certainly didn’t. In fact, if you were watching all this time you’ll know that I saved the stupid thing.”

He gave her a faintly annoyed look. People assuming things about him instead of finding out the facts was one of the few things that got under his skin. “I can understand the fake rabbit being a bit of a jerk. It was supposed to be to make us try or hardest. It was a little too good at it, maybe. I’ve only got so much of that scotch to reproduce. That stuff is really expensive. You, however, are supposed to be our teacher. At least I’m guessing that’s who you are. And, that means you’re supposed to be better than us and not go just deciding what I meant to do without finding out for sure.”

He turned his back on Kaguya then and gave his attention to the other two as he unconsciously pulled out another cup and filled it with wine. (Kyoken niju/niju. It was cheap and terrible, but he didn’t like drinking the good stuff when he was annoyed. Fine drink should be savored.) Nodding politely at Amaimon, who had impressed him a little, and at Who, who had impressed him a lot, he said, “I’m Toshi, of Four Oni Temple if you need a full name.” He pointed at Who and smiled as he raised his cup in greeting. “I’m guessing you’re Who, right? Someone mentioned that you were a guy. And that would make her Amaimon unless they changed our group since then.”

As the two of them nodded he sat down on the table to relax. His bare feet swinging lazily, he said “To answer her kind of silly question-- Because how would I know exact levels or whatever? This isn’t a video game. --I’m as strong as I am and I hope to get stronger.” He drained the cup, wincing at the taste but delighting in the fiery burn. “I like to fight. I like to drink even more. And I’m a ninja because it’s a challenge and I can learn things here that my dad can’t teach me. How about you guys?”

[class=Info]
Font-Family:Special Elite;
background-color:#475577;
[/class]

[class=Line]
[/class]

[Div class="Line"][/div]

Miu Hyuuga Left Out Left Out
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Narrowed eyes were a momentary reaction to Miu’s slight attempt at making a joke. Internally cursing herself, the Hyuuga went over mentally just about how to go about clarifying herself and how she did not mean it in any way shape or form a hostile way. By the time she had made the decision to do so and found the proper words, her new teammate was already miles ahead toward the forest leading into their new journey. Dammit she internally hissed, catching the Hanabusa mid sentence.

“.. erm yeah! So I guess We’ll just have to see how well they take our visit...”

Her tone spoke one inflection but the way her face reaction to her earlier comment suggested a far different mood. Could she be suppressing herself for courtesy sake? It was because she was a Hyuuga, wasn’t it? Everyone knew that backlashing at her family name meant bad news for the other individual’s clan and was --

Miu shook her head. She was doing the thing again. Heaving another sigh, she quickly picked up pace to follow Imadori. Some interaction was in order if they wanted to be on the same page, equal footing. A question perhaps to break the ice? “I have a slight feeling that we’ll be in and out before they notice us.” Simple, short, yes, efficient. “It would be just the two of us and so far you strike me as the kind to be a very level headed individual. Last partner I had ran head first into a battle sequence after copious amount of warnings.” She kept her eyes up ahead, matching pace with Imadori as they crossed through the trees.

“Granted. This was back in the academy.” Her words trickled a bit sheepishly. Was it too soon to admit that this was her first mission? Miu’s thoughts stirred, looking to keep the conversation flowing. “...have you been in Konoha long? I don’t think I’ve seen your face around. Are you also a free-lanced ninja?”

Kichiga awakens quietly, it's a big day for him, the first day in a long time he isn't going to wear his weights either. At 5 pounds per limb and 10 pounds on the chest, it isn't even ninja weights, just a set of civilian fitness equipment. However every little bit helps. The weights were more important to him for the lesson they taught him than any actual physical improvement. He saw the way taijutsu users may use weights, and was inspired, and after getting his own set he learned the secret wasn't in the weights. It was in the mind set. "Always be training". It's how they lived, every moment of every day was dedicated to improvement, to mastery. It was a lesson worth his weight in gold. Even if he didn't feel any stronger.

He goes through his morning work out quietly and efficiently, it is more to warm him up than really push him, after all he doesn't know what is coming today. So after some push ups, sit ups, and a few dozen Iado strikes, he slips out his sleep clothes. He didn't see real progress physically, but he does remember that he can do three ninjutsu now, if barely.

Which is why even as he showers he is practicing chakra control, trying to repel the water off of him as he bathes. It's not something he can really do reliably yet, but something he read about. It tends to hurt, his chakra biting at him every so often as his control slips. However just the movement of chakra without getting hurt is good practice at chakra control. Others don't seem to get hurt, so it must be because his chakra control is abysmally bad that his chakra hurts him. He just needs to keep training, and soon it won't any more, and he will have caught up somewhat.

He sighs reminded of how far behind everyone else he is, even the worst at ninjutsu don't hurt themselves with their chakra, what type of terrible ninja is he?
Still that is why he learned to always be training. To never stop improving, even at rest, you can be doing something to improve. Which is why even as he is putting clothes on he has a scroll spread across his bed. -Basic Chakra theory- He read it before at least once in it's entierity and a few times in bits and pieces. However it was meant to be a text book, and one could spend years with a text book and still need to look up precise information. So he reread even as he got dressed, reciting parts to himself as his shirt covers his eyes. Some sections he had memorized, not by talent but repetition. The truth was he needed more books and scrolls, and if he was a clan member, he would have it. He however is not, and does not have aid outside of himself and what the academy allowed him.

He makes his way to meet his instructor quickly. Not a full run because he doesn't need to exhaust himself, but a solid jog. Always be training. He had time, but if he got their early he had his own notebook of notes on chakra control, and theory to work on, and with. He sits quietly through meeting his instructor until.

Casting a gentjutsu over the area silently and firmly, weaving a net of make-believe and having monsters and demons come alive before their very eyes and begin to attack them. Setting the scene of a war path were the ground seemed to want to swallow them whole, the trees becoming brittle and sharp and suddenly trying to ensnare the poor Genin. From the depths of the ground, “vicious hounds rose, there muzzles long, filled with rows of vicious teeth and skinless, their eyes gouged out and weeping, and their paws nothing more than long claws and scraps of flesh, the very blades of grass on the ground seemed to wilt scream, twining around the Genin to keep them trapped and held in place for death. And what did Hideo do?
Hideo began to watch the show.

One of his teamates takes the offensive with ninja tools and weapons. Sadly he has no skill there, the other seems frozen. He steps in front of her, and quickly preforms the clone jutsu, wincing as his chakra bites his arm as he does so. He does not draw his blade, after all, his only skill is the drawing cut. Instead he holds it infront of him sheathed, and when the first monster gets into range, he draws and strikes. A single fluent movement, his only skill with the blade. It cuts cleanly but many more are charging at him. He holds his blade in a ready position standing between his clones and being a shield for his frozen teammate.

Mirgris Mirgris
Left Out Left Out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back