• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto AU: Era of Tomorrow OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Hm..

Ok, just did a quick read on everyone's fighting styles..

Mai focuses on long range, quick taijutsu and isn't as good with ninjutsu and genjutsu
Suiren focuses on genjutsu and poisons along with ninjutsu rather than taijutsu (That's correct right?)
And Yori is a sensor type that is good at taijutsu and ninjutsu but not as good at genjutsu..

Hm

So.. Each character with their strongest suit..

Mai= Taijutsu
Suiren=Genjutsu
Yori=Ninjutsu(?)

Hm, an overall good balance
Yeah that’s pretty much it ^^.

except Mai it’s a Taijutsu enhanced by her specialty of weapons. (Like her long range dart and hammer. So Bukai-Tai Jutsu? ) Yori wise, Though doesn’t mean you can’t use ninjutsu, Yori’s hiden is ninjutsu based but very physical and body effecting, (Rubber based jutsu, Soft physique modification like that one sound non who fought Kankuro in chunin exams and the akimichi rolled into one.) However the only types of ninjutsu he can use where it’s producing a physical form beyond his body like most other ninjutsu is to create a rubber ball or a wall and other limited things such as that like the cloud nin who used rubber type lava release. But that area of his hiden is still very limited and the wall/larger defenses are upper levels that he hasn’t reached yet.

So you could use a more range versatile form of ninjutsu that compliments the balance of the team. (If my descriptions are helping any) Also less dangerous to the physical body and inner structure of your oc. Lol unlike my Yori’s.

No wait! If she knows genjutsu that's cool for me because it means Suiren could learn some (have learned some) from her. ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool it also lets me keep Suiren uniqueness in combining it with poisons so I would say: yes to the genjutsu! I also like the fact she's sneaky that fits well with the team ethos.

Hm..

Ok, just did a quick read on everyone's fighting styles..

Mai focuses on long range, quick taijutsu and isn't as good with ninjutsu and genjutsu
Suiren focuses on genjutsu and poisons along with ninjutsu rather than taijutsu (That's correct right?)
And Yori is a sensor type that is good at taijutsu and ninjutsu but not as good at genjutsu..

Hm

So.. Each character with their strongest suit..

Mai= Taijutsu
Suiren=Genjutsu
Yori=Ninjutsu(?)

Hm, an overall good balance

Suiren is more genjutsu and poisons with not much ninjutsu really, but she's going to try to learn water element medical ninjutsu.

It is a good balance! I think it's a great team.

No wait! If she knows genjutsu that's cool for me because it means Suiren could learn some (have learned some) from her. ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool it also lets me keep Suiren uniqueness in combining it with poisons so I would say: yes to the genjutsu! I also like the fact she's sneaky that fits well with the team ethos.
Okie doke! Then I shall leave the decision up for you and Elena where genjutsu is concerned. ^^

Ok then!

My CS might come up lateish? Sharing a computer is not ideal, folks. Especially if it's with little kids who don't know the meaning of sharing

Ok then!

My CS might come up lateish? Sharing a computer is not ideal, folks. Especially if it's with little kids who don't know the meaning of sharing
Ok cool.

I get what you mean, a shared computer can be less then ideal. If your interested we have worked some history with each other characters, Yanipurr will add some input as well when they return. I can qoute the posts to see what we’ve got and you can join in as well with your character once your done with it. Or before as well if you’ve got a good feel for things with your character and others.

If your interested we have worked some history with each other characters, Yanipurr will add some input as well when they return. I can qoute the posts to see what we’ve got and you can join in as well with your character once your done with it. Or before as well if you’ve got a good feel for things with your character and others.
Sounds good! Mind doing it now if that's ok with you?

Ok so here's some thoughts I had reading through our team sheets!

First of all our team is very "think first, fight later" with Yori's tactical ability, Suiren's strategic mind and Mai always wanting to think things through first (although she will probably need a few "encouragements" as she tends to do that -too- much.) I think this would work pretty well for them as a squad.

Suiren and Mai: Both are ambitious types. Suiren would have a deal of scepticism about Mai believing she got everything off her own back, considering that she is born to a noble and exclusive ninja family. I can imagine that at first Suiren would think Mai was deluding herself but as they start to work together, she would begin having more respect for Mai and her abilities. Suiren is ambitious too and I could see some kind of rivalry between them.

I can somehow see Mai giving people a dressing-down with her direct and imperious words, and Suiren standing next to her, backing her up with a quiet smirk at the party on the end of the tongue lashing.

Suiren with Yori: I could see Suiren trying to prod Yori a bit with him being very quiet. Half teasing him and half encouraging him to be more confident. Maybe she'd be the one to approach him with conciliation after Mai yells at him for not believing in himself.

Anyway guys thats some first thoughts! Hit me with yours :)
Nice! The sketch looks really good!

The tactical nature of the team will be a nice attribute to have. Will make for some interesting combinations as well, I can picture a few combo’s where Yori lures the enemy into a close range physical attack and traps them once they strike at his body within a rubber form that molds and traps them long enough for Suiren or Mai to take advantage with a poisonous strike or a sure hit with her genjutsu, while Mai could land a nice hit with her rope dart or hammer. I also kinda see Yori playing the defensive game offering more support to his teammates rather then showcasing his offensive capabilities on the same level that Mai and Suiren might, partly due to his confidence and how he’d see himself being the most use and because the way this trio is built, he might have more options defensively then Mai and Suiren. Though if I’m wrong let me know, just a early thought when looking over CS’s and builds. (Not to say Yori doesn’t chime in offensively or have his moments. But over the years together and the way his esteem is, Yori would have played more of a supporting role. Part of the growth over the years could be his showing more initiative and willingness to jump in offensively too.)

Yori probably wouldn’t have too much issue with Mai in terms of clan and the advantages she may have had though may find her a bit much at times. I imagine he will have his moments of being irritated enough that it winds up in various and brief outbursts of frustration, even if it’s merely to let off steam and let people know to back off a bit and give him some time. (Though this will probably be more rare then anything due to his personality.) Overall his experience with his grandfather and the training he went through with him would make it easier to endure Mai’s yelling at him. He wouldn’t be impervious to it, he’d still not feel the greatest but he’d likely have heard and endured worse. Meanwhile he’d have grown a healthy respect for Mai and her accomplishments.

When it comes to Suiren, Yori would probably have gotten used to the teasing, though at first I imagine it would have been new territory for him, but probably helped the pair in the long run in terms of working together and getting along. While he’d quietly appreciate her prodding him to be more confident and conciliation after words from Mai. I’d see Yori looking to Suiren and observing her methods for his own improvement and understanding of not just poisons but mostly to better understand Genjutsu and how to fend against it. Ultimately her use of poisons and defense against them would also I imagine prove useful for the team as a whole along with learning how to defend against genjutsu. Not just Yori’s own observations to improve himself.

Overall, with Mai and Suiren I’d say Yori doesn’t really communicate his feelings too well and uses more action based methods of showing he cares and respects or in how he responds to something. So they might have needed a adjustment period to understand him since he uses more silent ways of informing them of one thing or another. Though I’d say they probably in turn have helped him come out of his shell more and communicate with them better through actually talking. The former could prove useful to some degree in battle and other scenarios cause they could get a sense of Yori and each other without constantly talking things out aloud and giving things away.

Anyways, those are my early thoughts so far. I’ve gotta re-read CS’s and check out Risen’s Jonin just to make sure I didn’t miss anything or get a wrong idea here or there. But I like what I saw and agree with what you’ve added Crayons Crayons : )

The chunin exams would have been quite interesting to have seen with this squad.
No problem ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool here are the posts of stuff we have so far.

Alright while we wait for our last main character:

It’s a bit early; But I’ve been thinking over different ideas for the rp and pre-rp history both recent and more distant to some degree. Pre-rp recent has been thinking over chunin exams details to make use of during flashback options and etc. But also looking at the series and what little is known about Takigakure, they had two known villain characters, rogues if you will, Suien and Kakuzu. Since I’m looking to avoid the canon characters being used as much as possible, does anyone have ideas for some villain characters for future plots? A main villain/antagonist?

I’ve been thinking over one that could have ties to Takigakure and Hifumi. But it’s still early and a Wip.

Crayons Crayons Yanipurr Yanipurr ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool

Alright while we wait for our last main character:

It’s a bit early; But I’ve been thinking over different ideas for the rp and pre-rp history both recent and more distant to some degree. Pre-rp recent has been thinking over chunin exams details to make use of during flashback options and etc. But also looking at the series and what little is known about Takigakure, they had two known villain characters, rogues if you will, Suien and Kakuzu. Since I’m looking to avoid the canon characters being used as much as possible, does anyone have ideas for some villain characters for future plots? A main villain/antagonist?

I’ve been thinking over one that could have ties to Takigakure and Hifumi. But it’s still early and a Wip.

Crayons Crayons Yanipurr Yanipurr ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool

What about some guys from Kusagakure, the village in the small country next door? As they are two small countries next to each other they may have a rivalry going.

There could maybe be opposition to Hifumi becoming the village leader. Some kind of power struggle within the villlage that our characters would have to take sides on. I'm not sure when this was but apparently Kakuzu killed the village elders when he stole the kinjutsu of the village and went rogue, so if there are no elders that makes the power balance in the village kind of shaky. The elders in villages seem to have some level of authority that is over and above Kages at times.

I'll have a think about more stuff but this is what comes to mind at the moment.

What about some guys from Kusagakure, the village in the small country next door? As they are two small countries next to each other they may have a rivalry going.

There could maybe be opposition to Hifumi becoming the village leader. Some kind of power struggle within the villlage that our characters would have to take sides on. I'm not sure when this was but apparently Kakuzu killed the village elders when he stole the kinjutsu of the village and went rogue, so if there are no elders that makes the power balance in the village kind of shaky. The elders in villages seem to have some level of authority that is over and above Kages at times.

I'll have a think about more stuff but this is what comes to mind at the moment.
Making use of Kusagakure, ey? I’ve heard a little about some of the figures there least the one that appears in Karin’s past and her mothers. A rivalry between two small villages would be a nice side plot with the major nations often getting into wars and effecting the larger scheme of things. Here, the smaller shinobi lands are given their own rivalries and tensions with other villages.

Oh, yeah, there is definitely a power struggle with opposition to Hifumi being in power. Since the elders were killed by Kakuzu several years prior (I want to say around the time of Hashirama and Tobirama. but idk for certain) I’d imagine with no clarity they may not have elders or else that waterfall arc never hinted at any. Or since. While Shibuki and his family wouldn’t have been opposed to Hifumi (I don’t believe though I think only Shibuki is left) but those more loyal to them and those wanting the power for themselves, it places a struggle there.

Actually the power struggle, Hifumi in charge as village leader and the history there, is one idea connecting that wip antagonist idea I’m working out. The figure will be of Takigakure and it’s past, they will also be a very familiar figure to Hifumi as well. Also was thinking for the fun of it, the very opposition to Hifumi could have been the ones to start the rumors of her possessing the villages kinjutsu and guilty of using it herself.

A plot though around the tensions and history between Takigakure and Kusagakure would be fun to work out and explore more.

Making use of Kusagakure, ey? I’ve heard a little about some of the figures there least the one that appears in Karin’s past and her mothers. A rivalry between two small villages would be a nice side plot with the major nations often getting into wars and effecting the larger scheme of things. Here, the smaller shinobi lands are given their own rivalries and tensions with other villages.

Oh, yeah, there is definitely a power struggle with opposition to Hifumi being in power. Since the elders were killed by Kakuzu several years prior (I want to say around the time of Hashirama and Tobirama. but idk for certain) I’d imagine with no clarity they may not have elders or else that waterfall arc never hinted at any. Or since. While Shibuki and his family wouldn’t have been opposed to Hifumi (I don’t believe though I think only Shibuki is left) but those more loyal to them and those wanting the power for themselves, it places a struggle there.

Actually the power struggle, Hifumi in charge as village leader and the history there, is one idea connecting that wip antagonist idea I’m working out. The figure will be of Takigakure and it’s past, they will also be a very familiar figure to Hifumi as well. Also was thinking for the fun of it, the very opposition to Hifumi could have been the ones to start the rumors of her possessing the villages kinjutsu and guilty of using it herself.

A plot though around the tensions and history between Takigakure and Kusagakure would be fun to work out and explore more.

Yeah its been a long while since I watched the episodes with Shibuki but I was under the impression that he was the last member of his clan or something, because there was no other reason that someone as crap as him would end up being the village leader. XD It would be quite interesting if our Shibuki secretly had a grudge against Hifumi and was helping the antagonist.

What we could do is have our first arc be something more straightforward - like the rivalry between Kusa and Taki, and then work it up into something with in-fighting in the village later. Then we'd be able to insert NPCs and their motivations and personalities gradually so it feels like there's more at stake when it comes down to the political/civil stuff, and will enable the characters to choose sides more naturally.

Yo yo, Quick Q

All the villages were involved in the ninja war right? If I can remember correctly
Pretty much in some manner, all the major villages and a number of the smaller ones were involved in the third war. I can’t find enough clarification on how much each played a role though or the exact number of villages involved when moving past the major nations.

Yeah its been a long while since I watched the episodes with Shibuki but I was under the impression that he was the last member of his clan or something, because there was no other reason that someone as crap as him would end up being the village leader. XD It would be quite interesting if our Shibuki secretly had a grudge against Hifumi and was helping the antagonist.

What we could do is have our first arc be something more straightforward - like the rivalry between Kusa and Taki, and then work it up into something with in-fighting in the village later. Then we'd be able to insert NPCs and their motivations and personalities gradually so it feels like there's more at stake when it comes down to the political/civil stuff, and will enable the characters to choose sides more naturally.
Yeah, it’s been years since seeing that arc too. That’s how I remember it, though I still never understood how even a small village allowed leadership to be passed down through one clan or bloodline though. Shibuki had fans I imagine but wasn’t fit for leadership or powerful enough to lead a shinobi village imo. I’m sure he had to have improved since that arc but idk. It would be interesting to plot twist the Shibuki role and have him side against Hifumi.

Nice idea! Definitely helps get a better grasp on a first arc.

Pretty much in some manner, all the major villages and a number of the smaller ones were involved in the third war. I can’t find enough clarification on how much each played a role though or the exact number of villages involved when moving past the major nations.

Yeah, it’s been years since seeing that arc too. That’s how I remember it, though I still never understood how even a small village allowed leadership to be passed down through one clan or bloodline though. Shibuki had fans I imagine but wasn’t fit for leadership or powerful enough to lead a shinobi village imo. I’m sure he had to have improved since that arc but idk. It would be interesting to plot twist the Shibuki role and have him side against Hifumi.

Nice idea! Definitely helps get a better grasp on a first arc.

Welp thats what you get with filler arcs - plots that make no sense. XD

Shibuki is probably being used by someone who has told him that he deserves to be leader because of his bloodline, but really wants him to be a puppet that is easily controlled.

Welp thats what you get with filler arcs - plots that make no sense. XD

Shibuki is probably being used by someone who has told him that he deserves to be leader because of his bloodline, but really wants him to be a puppet that is easily controlled.
Haha fair. Tbh when I was young and watching the series (didn’t have the books or know of them much yet) I didn’t know the difference between anime and manga or what the latter even was xd I just remember questioning some filler arcs and enjoying others. (The kamizuru clan was interesting imo and that arc)

Playing with ones mind from the shadows, twisting their motivations and desires to obtain their own plots ultimate goal. Nice!

Haha fair. Tbh when I was young and watching the series (didn’t have the books or know of them much yet) I didn’t know the difference between anime and manga or what the latter even was xd I just remember questioning some filler arcs and enjoying others. (The kamizuru clan was interesting imo and that arc)

Playing with ones mind from the shadows, twisting their motivations and desires to obtain their own plots ultimate goal. Nice!

Why is it I now want to play the character who is messing with Shibuki's head? XDDD I love sneaky manipulators. X3

I remember I was catching up with the anime quite a while after it came out and I managed to skip the 100 or so episodes of filler that were in it in one go and the only filler arcs I watched were (I think) the Takigakure one and the one with Iruka. Because Iruka is <3.

Why is it I now want to play the character who is messing with Shibuki's head? XDDD I love sneaky manipulators. X3

I remember I was catching up with the anime quite a while after it came out and I managed to skip the 100 or so episodes of filler that were in it in one go and the only filler arcs I watched were (I think) the Takigakure one and the one with Iruka. Because Iruka is <3.
Haha the effect of character and plot conversation/collaboration. They can be fun to play indeed.

I saw a few of them back when Cartoon Network was recognizable to me. Xd Heard or read about others. Do you mean that one with Iruka, Mizuki, Mizuki’s girlfriend and the legendary brothers (forgot their moniker but they were huge and feared Tsunade) ? Didn’t shizune play a role in that arc too with some of the other named characters of similar ranks?

Iruka was a good character and a better teacher then some characters who got more attention. Imo

Haha the effect of character and plot conversation/collaboration. They can be fun to play indeed.

I saw a few of them back when Cartoon Network was recognizable to me. Xd Heard or read about others. Do you mean that one with Iruka, Mizuki, Mizuki’s girlfriend and the legendary brothers (forgot their moniker but they were huge and feared Tsunade) ? Didn’t shizune play a role in that arc too with some of the other named characters of similar ranks?

Iruka was a good character and a better teacher then some characters who got more attention. Imo

It had Mizuki, and he turned into a tiger or something? And Iruka had to trap him in a barrier made with sealing scrolls? I can't remember anything else about it.

I loved Iruka. It was a shame he wasn't really used much. I guess because the MCs outgrew him in terms of power and relevance and he wasn't able to keep up with the relentless power creep. XD

It had Mizuki, and he turned into a tiger or something? And Iruka had to trap him in a barrier made with sealing scrolls? I can't remember anything else about it.

I loved Iruka. It was a shame he wasn't really used much. I guess because the MCs outgrew him in terms of power and relevance and he wasn't able to keep up with the relentless power creep. XD
Yeah, that’s the arc I’m picturing in my head. I don’t remember much either but bits and pieces are still there.

Out of original Naruto and even after I was always a big Anko, Kurenai and Asuma fan myself. But Iruka was a pretty good character, too bad they couldn’t find something for him after all the power went to ungodly levels. But makes sense on why he didn’t get much as time progressed, he didn’t have the development level of other characters to keep up.

Yeah, that’s the arc I’m picturing in my head. I don’t remember much either but bits and pieces are still there.

Out of original Naruto and even after I was always a big Anko, Kurenai and Asuma fan myself. But Iruka was a pretty good character, too bad they couldn’t find something for him after all the power went to ungodly levels. But makes sense on why he didn’t get much as time progressed, he didn’t have the development level of other characters to keep up.

Anko was great too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back