• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Naruto: A Song of Shadows

N
Created at
Index progress
Dropped

An AU rogue ninja RP
Intro

KageYuuki

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Roleplay Type(s)
"Not all who wander are lost, and not all who leave the villages are evil. I remember when I left, called a monster, feared by all. The Senju and Uchiha would use their kekkei genkai to keep me in control. Or to keep him in control. Two notes out of sync are called a discord, but in sync, they become a harmony. I hated him at first, and he I, but eventually, we came together, Kurama and I.

We danced a harmony that day they declared me an S-ranked missing nin. He rampaged until the Senju came, and then I would topple them in my own rampage. Together we escaped, but the music kept playing, and I kept dancing. They sent more hunter nin after me, team after team. I sent hunter nin after hunter nin to meet the shinigami in response. The notes of his shamisen rose until the Village could no longer stand it. They declared me not worth the effort and left me alone.

Wounds might heal, but scars do not. I remembered everything they did, and played a sorrowful tone for all those like me. I was not alone in being repressed....

Jinchuuriki seen as weapons...

Clan Heirs without talent...

The scorned geniuses...

The orphaned...

The accused...

The broken...

All still were bloodied under the boot of the hidden villages. I may have bloodied it back with my own bite. I made a hidden village for them all. Where our cacophony of notes could be tuned until a beautiful melody played throughout the land, The Hidden Sound. But forming a village is not enough, they will continue to pluck off all those out of tune, they will destroy us. Unless.... unless we destroy them first."

~ Leader of the Hidden Sound

Welcome to Naruto: Song of Shadows! We hope we can have fun together. This is an RP of the many missing nin of the Hidden Sound. It's an AU RP, so none of the canon characters exist as is in the RP, or mostly at all. We're starting out at a chunnin level, and can gain power as the RP progresses.

A few notes/rules:
  1. We're playing missing nin, but not everyone has to be an edgelord, there has to be bright and dark to all the characters.
  2. Hunter nin will be a threat at almost all levels. Try not to get caught or do something too stupid. Getting hurt is always an option.
  3. Don't be a dick. If the Gm says to knock it off, do it.
  4. We're using discord for this RP instead of a regular OoC. You’ll get the link when your character is accepted.
  5. Once the template is up you'll need to PM your character sheet to both Ganryu Ganryu and KageYuuki KageYuuki for review
  6. This is an Advanced RP, 3-5 paragraphs minimum per post, with decent grammar.
  7. Players should expect to lead at least one mission/scenario during the story.
  8. Rotation should be weekly. If you know you can't keep up, don't join.
  9. If you want to leave, tell us, we'll be far less upset than otherwise. Likewise, if RL comes up and you tell us, we can easily move your character. But if you disappear without a trace...
  10. Burning House Rule - Any MIA characters are dead. Default answer? Their house burned down. We'll probably abuse having a killable former PC though.
  11. Have fun. :D Seriously have fun or Gan's going to break some kneecaps.

That should mostly cover it. Hopefully we can all enjoy this RP together.

Last edited:
Quick question, the missing nin created can originally be from any of the hidden villages right? The Hidden Sound is where all of the characters have been gathered, ya?

Yeah, you can pretty much be from any village originally. Technically, you'll have joined the Hidden Sound but as far as all the villages in the world are currently concerned, it's not a real hidden village.

Mechanics page has been posted, you'll find the link at the top of the page.

Well, my Uchiha's good to go. Also, that felt horrible to say.

Feel like that sentence physically hurt Gan.
Yeah, I mostly make fun of Uchiha sheets, then I decided to run one....

Mostly cause I've tried running everything else under the sun, and this was what was left.

Slow start, but we have 2 finished chars so far, and 2 more incoming. Histories are hidden if anyone asks.

We're hoping to start Friday, but we're so desperately lonely. Join us!

We're closing Jinch as an option to anyone new due to reasons. That said, we still want more people, feel free to apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back