• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Nalin High School [always open]

Lyra_Kranda

We can't all be "Normal" now can we.
Nalin High School is a great place because it offers much more than most schools.Here you can make friends and join or make clubs.Everyone loves a great place where you can do almost anything.Just sit back, let the school year start and do the best you can.

Please follow this:
Name:
Nickname:
Appearance:

You can have as many characters as you want as long as you can keep up with them

Post your characters here --------> Character Sheet

Last edited:
Layla and Thea are walking to school.they're happy that they can go to clubs again and are more than happy that they have gotten through their freshman year but also that they can get one more elective this year. LAYLA:"Thea, what are you going to take for your new elective this year?"

THEA:"I was thinking I could do cooking or I could take the Ice skating class.I hear that they got an entirely new section of the school for it."

LAYLA:"I was thinking more of an art approach or a concert band kind of thing.More students take ice skating in our grade than any other grade in this school."

THEA:"I know but if more people like it then it has to be one of the best classes.Plus I did this all the time when I was a kid and so did you."

LAYLA:"If by ice skating you mean me falling repeatedly then no.I was horrible at it."

THEA:"Quit being such a loser.You did fine your first time on the ice."

LAYLA:"No I didn't.You're better at sports and always have been.I think you should try cooking because you need to work on it.You're terrible at it.You couldn't even make a waffle."

THEA:"That waffle was hard to make and you know it!"

LAYLA:"All you had to do was put it in the toaster.It was pre-made and you almost set the toaster on fire."

THEA:"That's not the point!"

*Thea trips but catches herself*

THEA(Embarrassed):"That didn't happen."

Jennessa is walking to school.She is looking at her phone and on the screen is a video on Youtube of a girl singing.She just walks on and listens to her singing.

Blake and Nikki are walking to school together.They have been friends since childhood, and live next door to each other.NIKKI:"Lake what are you thinking of doing when we get to school?"
BLAKE:"Come on Landon you know me.I was thinking of joining some more clubs that help the environment.And then maybe I could join the track team."
LANDON:"Ok but don't be too sure about it.They got a new coach this year and we don't know anything about him."
LAKE:"Are you serious right now!What happened to Mr. Glee?"
LANDON:"He retired.I guess he just wanted to live the quiet life and not work here anymore."https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/09/e2/47/48/20150912-111008-largejpg.jpg
LAKE:"He's gone.The best thing that happened when he was there was that field trip to Disney land."

The place right in front of them is a schoolyard.Over in the corner are two girls, the Lotus twins arguing about new electives.Sitting at a table with a breakfast tray with only a muffin is Jennessa, only in Junior year and already the hottest girl in school but still single.Sitting around her are the make-up freaks who put 17 pounds of make-up on every day.in the middle of the yard are hundreds of student who are getting their schedule made at this moment.

JENNESSA:"I'm happy that I only have to be stuck here one more year and then I can try for Yale."

FRIEND:"Jen you're not serious.you couldn't possibly go.Your grades are down."

JEN:"No my grades are perfect.you always think that my grades are down because of how many clubs I run but my grades are A+s and always have been.I run the clubs so I can be noticed on the Yale boards and so I can be recommended to them.You already have to go to Yale because both your mom and dad work there.I need to get in and I will get in because I'm way smarter than I look."

Jennessa and her friend continue with the conversation about Yale.Blake and Nikki go into the crowd of hundreds of people and wait to get their schedule.The twins join them after settling the argument about electives.

THEA and LAYLA:"Hi Lake.Hi Landon.What electives are you going to take this year?"

LANDON:"I was thinking I could do Cooking, Art, and French3.I'm also going to take my drivers test again this year.I feel like I'm getting close to passing it."

LAKE:"I was going to do Concert band, Spanish3, and Ice Skating.I have no need to take a drivers test because I passed over the summer.My mom said she would try to buy me a car for my seventeenth birthday.I'm going to take up Dance club."

THEA:"See I told you that Ice Skating was good!"

LAYLA:"I'm not doing this again.Why don't you try to find Yun Jang."

THEA:"Maybe I will."
And Thea storms off into the group of hundreds of students.

LAYLA:"Sorry about her.Gam died over the summer."

LAKE:"Babe it's fine."

LADY MAKING SCHEDULES:"Nikki Lon please come to tent 12.Nikki Lon to tent 12.Blake Grey, please come to tent 5.Blake Grey to tent 5.Layla Lotus Please come to tent 16.Layla Lotus to tent 16.Thea Lotus please come to tent 3.Thea Lotus to tent 3.Abbigale Graves please come to tent 8.Abbigale Graves to tent 8."

LAKE, LAYLA, and LANDON:"Bye."

Aria approached the school with her book bag resting on her shoulder. Since it was still hot outside, she was wearing jean shorts and a cute, white laced tank top with short brown gladiator sandals. She'd scan the crowd of students in search for any of her friends and noticed Jennessa and a few of her fellow cheer squad members. Aria would make her way over there and sat down at the picnic table they were gathered around. Most of these girls she knew since freshman year, including Jen who had been the cheerleading captain the entire time Aria was on the squad.

"Hey Jen! How was your break after cheer camp?"

Mornings were always a struggle with Dylam, but today she was particularly excited because today was the first day she could legally beat on people. Dressed in her normal get up of black skinny jeans, black tank top with a high collar, and her signature leather jacket. Walking through her apartment she shared with her best friend Ozzy, She apparched his door, and knocked. "Hey! Get up, we gotta go!" She called through the door. Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Mornings were always a struggle with Dylam, but today she was particularly excited because today was the first day she could legally beat on people. Dressed in her normal get up of black skinny jeans, black tank top with a high collar, and her signature leather jacket. Walking through her apartment she shared with her best friend Ozzy, She apparched his door, and knocked. "Hey! Get up, we gotta go!" She called through the door. Safety Hammer Safety Hammer
"Mmmmph? Don't come in yet. I.... I have something to do." Ozzy said, his voice muffled through the door. He sounded rather tired as well, which wasn't a big surprise. With a groan, he opened up the door, and walked out of the door, completely naked. In his bed was a memebet of the school football team. "Hey, you're late for school you know." The brown hair teen said, before the jock pulled on his clothes and hurried out of the apartment.
"Sorry for being so loud last night."

"Mmmmph? Don't come in yet. I.... I have something to do." Ozzy said, his voice muffled through the door. He sounded rather tired as well, which wasn't a big surprise. With a groan, he opened up the door, and walked out of the door, completely naked. In his bed was a memebet of the school football team. "Hey, you're late for school you know." The brown hair teen said, before the jock pulled on his clothes and hurried out of the apartment.
"Sorry for being so loud last night."
She wasn't really that phased by his nakedness or the football player, she just sighed. "You're late too. We both are, so hurry up and get dressed," She said, "Or we're taking my bike." And by bike, She meant her bright red motorcycle.

She wasn't really that phased by his nakedness or the football player, she just sighed. "You're late too. We both are, so hurry up and get dressed," She said, "Or we're taking my bike." And by bike, She meant her bright red motorcycle.
"Could we get some breakfast first? Maybe some McDonald's." Ozzy mumbled, as he pulled on some pants and rolled on some deodorant. "Wait, isn't it today the day when you start that clubby thing?"

JEN:"Same as it always is.My dad took us golfing and we did nothing other than that.I wish he would take my little brother and me somewhere else besides GolfingValley.So what did you do after cheer camp Ari?"Jen's parents divorced when she was nine.Her dad was left to take care of Jennessa and her little brother Jacob.It was easy but the last place Jennessa's dad was with their mom was GolfingValley and every year after school ended that's where he took them.

"Could we get some breakfast first? Maybe some McDonald's." Ozzy mumbled, as he pulled on some pants and rolled on some deodorant. "Wait, isn't it today the day when you start that clubby thing?"
"Yeah, I think so. And no, we can't get breakfast," Dylan said sternly, "We could have but guess who made us late?"

"Aside from choreographing for the dance competition at the end of the semester? Not a whole lot." Aria frowned a bit. "Yeah.. that's a bummer. Golfing is great and all but there's so many other places to go." Aria thought about mentioning that she thought her dad was not over his divorce but now was not the time to talk too personally, especially since the whole cheer squad and some of the dance team were standing around and listening. Aria decided to change the topic.

"Oh! So I keep hearing that Student Council decided to have Homecoming early - in three weeks. Any of you planning on going?" Aria directed the question at Jen and the other girls, and one girl all of a sudden blurted out:

"I'm going with Ben from the football team!" Aria smiled. "Oh good! I heard he was um... nice. Dumb, but nice and good looking."

--------

Autumn was packing the last of her things, including multiple cameras that she was going to let fellow photography club members borrow for the semester. She then had her own camcorder and cellphone, stashing them into her backpack before tying her amber hair in a loose messy bun. She then walked downstairs, her parents were already at work - her dad was a videographer and her mom was a journalist for the local news station. Autumn would quickly eat a granola bar before climbing into her beat up black honda civic and driving to school. She'd park in the student parking lot, sighing in relief that she wasn't late and that people were just getting in line for registration.

Autumn waited in her car, and took her time as she waited for some of the crowds and lines to clear out.

"Yeah, I think so. And no, we can't get breakfast," Dylan said sternly, "We could have but guess who made us late?"
Ozzy yawned and put on a sweater. He didn't need any of this. He had been up all night fiddling around with his "friend", and was dead tired by sunrise. But not only was he late for school but he also had to help Dylan with her fight club, as well as start setting up the first GSA meeting.
"I dunno. Maybe yours?"

The Lady on overhead speaker*Aria Fisher please come to tent 9.Aria Fisher to tent 9.Jennessa Argentina please come to tent 1.Jennessa Argentina to tent 1.Misty Chambers please come to tent 17.Misty Chambers to tent 17.Aryann Babcock please come to tent 13.Aryann Babcock to tent 13.*

JEN:"Bye."

Ozzy yawned and put on a sweater. He didn't need any of this. He had been up all night fiddling around with his "friend", and was dead tired by sunrise. But not only was he late for school but he also had to help Dylan with her fight club, as well as start setting up the first GSA meeting.
"I dunno. Maybe yours?"
"My-I'll have you know I've been ready for an hour, you shouldn't fuck on a school night," She said with a small bite, "Just grab your helmet and hurry up," She said, walking down the hall to grab her keys from the coffee table.

Last edited:
"My what?" She asked, confused. Yours? What was he talking about. Whatever it was, Dylan just sighed, "Just grab your helmet and hurry up," She said, walking down the hall to grab her keys from the coffee table.
(You asked who's fault it was, and Ozzy said that it was yours)

Jayden arrives at school wearing her beanie as she quickly zips up her partially open backpack. Said backpack has a gecko poking it's head out of one of the side pockets. Tugging on her beanie she looks around trying to find someone she knows.

*Aaron runs into the quad and runs into Layla or Thea, she still can't tell the difference between them after not seeing them for years* Oh hey... long time no see. It's been like 2 years right? *She says softly*

Last edited:
Thea and Layla are arguing yelling at the same time
LAYLA:"WELL MAYBE YUN DUMPED YOU FOR MACIE BELL!"
THEA:"HE LOVES ME AND I KNOW IT SO YOU CAN SHUT YOUR MOUTH BEFORE I PUT MY ENTIRE FIST UP YOUR MOUTH!"
And they walk past Aaron not even noticing that she's there.

JEN:"So Ari, what did you get for your classes this year?"

LANDON:"See any hot guys you think would be in my classes this year?"

LAKE:"Well it depends on what you look for in a guy this year because your interests change every year."

The Lady on the overhead speaker*Aaron Hills please come to tent 7.Aaron Hills to tent 7.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back