N/A

Why do no roleplay sites just have easy tabs for character sheets? Then like custom tabs? Maybe I want a whole tab just for magical objects to be added to the roleplay? Maybe a whole tab for locations? Lore? Monsters? Ect.

They do on RPN. Depending on your needs this is either called a link to another thread on Extra Pages or literally a tab with BBcode. (there are more things on RPN, but they are essentially these two options).

This isn't to say everything possible with discord or roll20 is possible here, but they are different platforms with different functions. Roleplaying games on roll20 are mostly voice-based. Discord isn't primarily roleplay-oriented. RPN is a roleplaying forum. The kinds of audiences they aim to cater to are different. Sometimes it might be nice or convenient if they had each other's function, but I think one can have many equivalents outside of those functionalities that are specialized for those different functions (live changing of a map on roll20 for instance is more equipped for live roleplaying which is usually voice roleplaying. Otherwise you can pretty much get the same effect just by screenshotting the map from roll20 and posting it as a picture, which is what I do for D&D games that require a map played on RPN).

Other threads are absolutely not easy to access. You have to scroll all the way to the post with the threads in question. Learning BBcode is not user friendly. Also role20 literally has a whole page you can decorate, it supports text so I have no idea where you get this idea it's primarily voice, because absolutely not. You can store tons of things into it for whole games.

Sorry but I don't understand your point of view when literally there are options out there a hundred times easier and some of your mentions aren't true or literally are more inconvenient than my suggestions

This isn't even getting into the fact that they will not allow you to spam the forums with 20 forums for your roleplay. Unreasonable and will result in staff locking you out.

Hey there!

RpNation has a tabs feature that allows you to link threads together by editing the OP, which looks like this:
ExampleTabs.PNG

You do this by editing the original post in the roleplay/OOC/characters threads to include them in the desired fields, like this:
editingtabs.PNG

These extra forum pages go in this forum. Making extra pages for a roleplay that needs them is definitely not spam! Tabs are shown at the top of every page in the threads they are in.

You have to scroll all the way to the post with the threads in question.

You need to scroll once, then open the links. And if you really need those links to be accessible in every post without needing to scroll, put the links in a spoiler at the bottom of the post, then just copy-paste from there on out.

Learning BBcode is not user friendly.

BBCode this simple is. Here is the tab BBCode:

[tabs][tab=tab1]stuff[/tab][tab=tab2]stuff stuff[/tab][/tabs]

• stuff

Also role20 literally has a whole page you can decorate, it supports text so I have no idea where you get this idea it's primarily voice, because absolutely not. You can store tons of things into it for whole games.

Unless we are thinking of different sites for some reason (a possibility I only consider because you spelled it role20 as opposed to roll20), the site is primarily aimed at voice games. They are not only by far what you find there the most but they are what is shown in advertising and clearly the kind of thing you can make the most of its functionalities with. Sure you can make use of it to play through text, but that isn't the primary target.

Sorry but I don't understand your point of view when literally there are options out there a hundred times easier and some of your mentions aren't true or literally are more inconvenient than my suggestions

They are marginally easier, arguably. And my point isn't that combining functionalities like that wouldn't potentially make a better user experience. I am saying though that the things you want already exist, even if not necessarily in the exact form you would prefer, and what there isn't is often a product of platforms geared towards different goals and audiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back