• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Mia & Mariah
Mia had been finished packing since four am and couldn't sleep as she came closer and closer to actually going to a real academy. Once the time came for her to leave her sister, as usual, was taking her sweet precious time just doing her hair but Mia grew impatient. "Mariah let's go!" She kicked the door down and grabbed Mariah's arm then ran out the house, sprinting down the path. "Do you have the map!" She looked over at Mariah who had it in her hand and sighed, "I'm not giving it to you because all you'll do is lose it, just follow my instructions." "Hey! I don't lose things okay, I am very responsible!" Mariah slowly shook her head, she wasn't in the mood to fight after being yeeted out of the bathroom and strung along into the forest. "You know what, your right, and that changes absolutely nothing now stay on the path they made and it'll lead to the bus stop that they have for us." "Fine.." Mia rolled her eyes and followed her sister's instructions, soon arriving at an empty space with a string of benches and chairs, a bus sign on either side of them. "Is this it..." She looked around a bit disappointed. "Yeah but don't worry, people will come here, you just got here early..." Mariah sat on a bench and crossed her legs as she started to look through her bag while Mia sat against the base of a nearby tree.

Olivia
Olivia's second year teaching and she was already left alone. She hasn't heard of or even seen the principal in months and with today marking the first day of school for the students she was growing nervous until she received a letter from one of the other staff members that would have damn near drove her insane. "WHAT!" She blinked a few times in disbelief and groaned, "How the hell am I supposed to run a school by myself!" She questioned no one in particular as she walked out of her classroom. She then ran into Leo's 'old' office and searched through a few files that were in his drawers until she found a few calenders and a binder labeled, "students and events."

She quickly looked through a bit of the binder to find stacks of papers all written in and filled with plans for the school year. "Oh Jesus..." She then closed the binder and made her way back to the classroom with the calendar also in hand. She simply put them on her desk as she took in a deep inhale in an attempt to calm herself down. Now was not the time to freak out! She then walked through the halls and past a few corridors until she was met by a door that separated her from the outside. She slowly pushed it open and stood in front of the doors as she awaited the student's arrival.

Micah walked slowly through the forest, thankfully having the surrounding plants to guide them in the right direction. They didn't really know how to read maps so the assistance of leaves, roots and branches was most welcome. Plants were so kind and friendly, nothing like people... The redhead hunched their shoulders and pulled their hood further over their face as they remembered a few of the things people had done to them. All because Micah was different from the others...

They were just about to break through the foliage to reach the bus stop when something made them pause. There were already people there... Oh no... What should they do...?

Mia
Interactions: Ocean123 Ocean123 (Micah)
Mia sighed, bored at the lack of people she had to conversate with, and her sister wasn't looking too...excited about being yeeted down the stairs by a professional crackhead so she figured that it was better to leave her alone for now to- She looked over at her sister and tilted her head. Whatever it is she was currently doing. She then perked up and now on her feet as she could now see someone approaching. Mia instantly ran up to them and hugged them tightly, "Hello! My name is Mia, who are you-" As she then looked to the ground to see the plants moving beneath them she tilted her head and let him go. "Is that your power?" She then asked curiously.

Last edited:
Interactions: Spencypoo Spencypoo (Mia)

Micah went so stiff, their body was almost trembling from clenching every muscle. After the (apparently very touchy-feely) girl released them, the nervous teen was able to relax, just a little. Then she was asking about... their power...? They looked down at their feet and realized she was talking about the plants that had guided them this far. Shifting anxiously from foot to foot, Micah gave a slight nod, still staring down at the ground.

"I-I guess so...? The plants... They help me when I'm in trouble... Is that a power...?" As far as Micah knew, they weren't really doing anything. The plants just seemed to automatically come to their aid. It was a good thing, too. They might not have survived this long if it was up to Micah to protect themself.

They suddenly remembered the first question that had been asked and scrambled to get their answer out before too much time had passed and it became weird. "Um! M-my name is M-Micah! It's nice t-to meet you...?" They hadn't meant that to sound like a question but it was too late now. They once again tugged their hood forward to further hide their quickly reddening face. First person they meet on this little 'journey' and they were already making a fool of themself... Way to go, 'elf-eared freak'...

Hokusai; Loc: Classroom.

King George III was dead.

Well, perhaps it wasn't their fault. It could've really been blamed on anything; the air moisture, the soil quality, the fact that maybe, just maybe, bringing a plant on a Transatlantic flight wasn't a good idea- But really, only they would have the capability to kill a succulent within two weeks.

Hokusai sighed, promptly dropping King George in the rubbish bin.

Their classroom was sparse; if you could even call it that. Other than the rubbish bin (now solely hosting the remains of King George), the only pieces of furniture were their desk, and the office chair located behind it. That didn't make the room any less imposing, however. Glass floors covered an open pool, early morning sunlight reflecting onto the water in mesmerizing stripes, and above, jarred candles hung from wooden rafters, flames almost invisible through their coloured cells. The room was sticky with humidity, and frankly, between the dead plant, the 9 hour layover in the middle of god-knows-where (dear god, humans could fly now), and the missing lesson plans, they've about had it-

... Shit, they had forgotten about the lesson plans.

Mia
Mia stepped back once she realized how tense he had gotten when she hugged him and felt a bit bad for scaring him- At least she thought she did as she closely observed them. She only stood still where she was as to not make them further uncomfortable but smiled once he gave a response. "I mean- I sure can't do that and I don't think my sister can either," She gestured to Mariah once she mentioned her, "So...Yes! I count that as a power for sure." She nodded as if to add on to her opinion then extended her hand out towards them for a handshake. "It's nice to meet you too Micah!" She then took a step closer and whispered in their ear, "I'll give you some advice and just tell you now that talking to Mariah isn't the smartest thing to do..."

Interactions: Spencypoo Spencypoo (Mia)

Micah took a quick glance at the other girl in the area before going back to staring at the hand held out in front of them. The other girl, Mariah, was to be avoided at all costs and likely wanted to wipe Micah out of existence. Duly noted. This Mia girl, though... She was kind of energetic and scary but she didn't seem mean... Yet...

Tugging their hood (it was a life-long habit at this point) once more, for good measure, the redhead cautiously took Mia's hand and gave it a small shake. With that formality over, they shifted slightly so they were leaning more weight on their right foot than their left, unsure of where to go from here. What does one do when in the presence of someone that doesn't appear to want them dead...?

Coretha & Webbel
Interaction/Mention: Spencypoo Spencypoo Ocean123 Ocean123
38871010_p0_master1200.jpg89199577b5e883cda1391c2b8c373c5c.jpg
High over the woods that surrounded the Academy, a figure could be seen approaching from the distance. Trailing dark feathers behind, it this figure angled down towards the front of the Academy after some time. Eventually, the figure dove straight towards the ground and slowed down mere seconds before it could slam into the earth below, instead twirling into a slight hover as the source of the feathers became clear. A large dark grey wing unfurled to reveal a girl in a messy coat with a red halo hovering over her head. Though her face was shrouded in the confines of her hood, her head turned to look around. More specifically she turned her attention towards the young woman standing at what she could assume was the front entrance of the Academy.

Without casting a second glance to her surroundings, she stepped forward as the wing slowly receded into her back, only for a short individual in an odd yellow outfit to slam into her from the side. She took a step back as the odd yellow one stumbled back onto one knee.

"Watch it, pal." She stated, preparing to turn away only for the Yellow One to begin gesturing with their arms in sporadic manners. In response, she tilted her head to the side, prompting the yellow one to pause and shake their head before speaking in what had to be the oddest, most foreign accent that she had ever heard before.

"Wyphem watch yes! Did the Watch, collision occurred still." he said before pointing to the yes of the yellow suit he was wearing "Peripheral imaging no speed enough halt occurrence."

The girl in the hood stared at him for several seconds before wordlessly turning her attention to the Young Woman.

"Hey" she called out as she stepped closer, "Name's Coretha, no relation. Heard a girl could learn some fairly powerful stuff here? You the Guide or teacher's aid or something?"

"Yes yes!" Wyphem spoke out again whilst raising a gloved finger "Wyphem receive no dated arrivals. Amplify imminent, understanding transportation que required."

Last edited:
Mia
Mia Stepped back, feeling a bit bad for the boy seeing how she also seemed to be the reason for his being so uncomfortable. She turned her head to the ground when a thought started to take form in her head. She looked in her bag and pulled out a hair clip that she had stolen from her sister the night before today. She then held it tightly in her hand as small, sphered lights collected around it as it changed shape.

She stared at it for a moment as the lights faded and died down, only opening her hand once a rather sweet fragrance came from the now changed object in her hand. She handed it to Micah, it was a blue rose with their name inscribed on the side of the stem.
"Uh- Sorry if I disturbed you by the way." She gave a small smile then turned and walked back to her seat under the tree as she zipped her bag back up.

Olivia
Interactions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Coretha and Webble) ach1lles ach1lles (Hokusai)
Olivia was trying to convince herself she could run the school- And she wasn't alone anyway! She had another very capable teacher who could probably lend a hand when she needed the help.....probably....hopefully. And looking at the students come up to her it became clear that she would need the extra help. She tried to look at cool as possible as he clasped her hands behind her back, "Yes, this is the school but in case you haven't noticed, nobody is here yet and I suggest you wait for their arrival until they do arrive." She didn't like how bad those words could have come out or how it made her sound but there was of course no taking it back. "All other questions were to be answered once you got here and unfortunately, you weren't expected right now."

The boy sparked a small interest in her as she had never seen a student like him before but the issue was that she could barely understand him. She held onto a few words," Recieve....arrivals. Transportation...required" She tilted her head as she tried to break down whatever he was saying but she only sighed. "Please get comfortable and wait for your fellow students to arrive so things may go how they are supposed to go. She then walked into the building, looking down the hallway, "Hokusai!" She then called down as it echoed through the hall.

Hokusai; Loc: Front Gates

"Hokusai!"

Their spine stiffens at the sound. Humans had truly lost their sense of propriety over the last century, hadn't they? Their name hangs foreign in the air, but they brush their unease aside, heels already clicking against the hardwood floors of the corridor and ducking underneath an arch on their way to the front gates.

"What do you-"

They paused glancing down at the three faces facing them.

... Did these children call them? They arch a brow, gaze balancing between disciplinary and disappointed. Shouldn't there be... Well, far be it from them to question how human schools worked, but it wouldn't be an unfair suspicion that leaving children to wander in courtyards was not part of some obscure welcoming ceremony. Or even safe, on that matter. And how did they even learn their name?

"If you're lost, then I would advise you to wait for another teacher to arrive. I would assume that they would have more information than me." They punctuate their next sentence with a glare. "And next time, refrain from addressing me so casually."

Olivia
Olivia smiled as he approached, grateful to have someone else by her side- Until she realized that he wasn't. She slowly turned to him as her face turned a light red with slow-building frustration. Did this boy just ask if I was lost- She inhaled deeply as she struggled to keep her composure. In all honestly, it took a lot to make her mad but mistaking her for the same people she was supposed to watch did it for her. She briefly turned to the students, giving a forced smile before grabbing Hokusai's arm then pulling him into her classroom which coincidentally was only a few doors down from the entrance.

"Mind explaining what you meant back there?" She narrowed her eyes as she then closed her door then sat on her desk, legs crossed, and voice demanding. As she sat her eyes sharply pierced through him and she crossed her arms as if what she was doing already wasn't enough to express how she felt.

Coretha & Webbel
Interaction/Mention: Spencypoo Spencypoo ach1lles ach1lles
31959242_p0_master1200.jpgEYiRgIOUwAAeKZx.jpg
Wait for the others? Ah hell, Coretha grinded her teeth together under the supposition that she'd have to put her aims on hold just because a bunch of randies had to rely on the bus. Why did that mean she couldn't just jump ahead and get to the magical stuff? And who was this chick thinking she was supposed to interact with during that period, Yellow Mask was still spouting barely legible nonsense. She took several steps back and began tapping her boot aggressively against the ground. She'd find something to blow up later, but for now she just needed those damn bus-takers to hurry up.

As she stood there and fumed, Wyphem looked between the two girls several times, wondering what the hold up was. Surely he had found the right place, the crawlies said that this was where the fresh batch of pupa were to begin the processing. Yet there was only one other Pupa besides him here, and only one Learner to facilitate the processing. That couldn't be right, the crawlers had stated that there would be others coming along with them, so what exactly had happened? This lack of coordination could only mean that this area's matriarch had to divert resources somewhere else, it was the only thing that could explain the well-oiled machine of a hive coming undone for even a second-

Wait!

Wyphem shook his head, this was not the hive. He had to remind himself that several times, as he wasn't used to the constant sunlight and greenery of the Topside. He had to stop comparing it to the Hivelands if he wanted to survive and prosper in the Queen's name. To that end, he needed the crawlies more than ever, as they were native to the Topside. The other young creature was not a Pupa like himself, the slightly older creature was not a Learner facilitator like they had back at the hive. They were Topsiders, and he was to recognize them as such.

The older Topsiders words were difficult to listen to, as Wyphem kept getting distracted by the unnatural motions that the Topsiders' facial orifices made as they spoke. It was horrifying to attempt to replicate such ghastly movements, but it was necessary. He'd tried numerous times to contact them via the mental link he had with all other Swarmlings and even the Crawlies, but that was to no avail. The Topsiders were deaf to the link, and so he had few means by which to communicate. From the odd looks they kept sending him, it was clear he was doing terribly.

But the older Topsider had gestured for them to remain in place, and that meant he would be close to the other Pu-Young Topsider. So he obliged, unwilling to go against her words. Ever so cautiously, he began his approach, expertly maneuvering his way towards his fellow youngling whilst trying not to seem too hasty. A proper Swarmling Step that most adopted when walking in formation.

Of course, to Coretha it looked as if Yellow Boy was doing one hell of an awkward dance as he approached. She rolled her eyes, but wound up looking back to the doors as the guide girl called for help. A guy arrived only to grow confused as he looked to them. He immediately recommended they wait for a teacher to arrive and inform them, causing Coretha to tilt her head in confusion until she saw the painfully obvious forced smile that the other chick was giving now. She couldn't help it, immediately chuckling out loud as she dragged what's his name away, She'd called him Hokoso or something, right?

Of course, her humor didn't last, as soon Yellow Boy had finished his approach.

"Make new Greets Topside Youth dwelling." he stated whilst crossing his arms in front of him "Fetter limbs contact clean and quick, yes?"

Coretha took a long breath, "My guy, I have no idea what the hell you're saying."

"More say Idea?" Wyphem tilted his head "Guy Not Greenland Hive Pupa processing arrival."

Coretha turned to look at him, wondering for just the briefest of seconds whether she was being pranked. This suspicion only grew the longer that Wyphem rambled, and she slowly came to the realization that it was going to be one hell of a long wait.

Hokusai; Loc: Olivia's classroom

Their hands twitched with the urge to pry the child's hands from their wrists. Who did this brat think they were, accosting a professor and dragging them to a secluded classroom? The very flippancy, the disrespect, the-

... Oh.

Well, in their meager defence, hiring a child (... young adult, if they were being generous) as a professor didn't make them any less of a child. Which had clearly shown in their rash actions. What educator, could claim in good faith, that removing the only other adult from a pair of confused students, putting them at risk, all over a petty dispute about a well-intentioned mistake, was a good idea?

"What I had meant, was that you looked like a child," they respond cooly. "And from your reaction, it wouldn't be incorrect of me to assume that you act like one as well."

They turn to leave the room.

"It seems as if I will be the only source of responsibility to be found in this wretched place. So if you would excuse me, I have two students to attend to because someone decided that it would be wise to throw a little temper tantrum over a simple mistake." They pause, sending a final glare- Or perhaps a smirk? to the woman. "A pleasant interaction, young lady, for someone whose ego is inversely proportionate to their height."

Last edited:
... They had upset her. They knew they had. What should they do...? Should they apologize...? As panic began to set in once more, they held the... gift?... gently to their chest, trying to--!

Slowly, carefully, they asked the nearby plants to take in any flower seeds and help them grow around the girl that Micah was now pretty sure did not want to hurt them. This action was meant as both an apology and a show of gratitude for the gift. The flowers that grew may have simply been a variety of wildflowers but (to Micah, at least) they still made a beautiful scene.

With that done, the perpetually nervous redhead stepped a little further into the clearing with the bus stop and made themself more comfortable, still keeping near the treeline.

Mia
Mia looked at the plants bloom around her and couldn't help but smile. If she was honest, it looked nice and the bright colors matched her mood exactly. As she turned towards Micah she nodded once as a silent 'thank you,' then closed her eyes as she waited for the bus to arrive.

Olivia
Interactions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Hokusai)
Olivia was quiet for a moment and crossed her arms as he walked away but groaned. If She was going to be stubborn now there was no way she would get to use him later. She gently grabbed his arm, "Okay I'm sorry for being rude but we- . . ." She paused for a moment as she had realized that she had to correct herself and her next statement. "I... Need...help..." She forced the words out and let him go, "Leo isn't coming until tomorrow and he's with a different school- and... I can't run this by myself.." She wasn't one to ask for help considering how much she knew she could get done by herself and where it got her. Landed her a job straight out of school but she still in no way experienced with this type of thing. She got here by making lots of sacrifices and that included her friends so on top of that, she wasn't even that good at regular interactions if it didn't include something educational.

Eloise
Eloise stared down at the paper in her hands. It shook, both from the breeze and the girl's shaking hands. She cursed under her breath, knowing she had nowhere else to go, not that a magical school sounded bad. The Harry Potter series was, after all, one of her childhood favourites. She crumpled the paper up and shoved it into the jacket she had stolen off a chair by a restaurant, taken from some man who'd been dining alone and left the jacket on its own. It was a big, brown bomber, far too big for Eloise, therefore making it more a tad bit cooler, but also a whole lot less comfortable. She pulled the sleeves up, knowing that she'd have to repeat the task within a minute, if she was being optimistic. Her phone was gone, so she had no idea what time it was and how long it would be until the bus. Feeling the slightest twinge of panic, Eloise began speed-walking, following the map and comparing it to her surrounding area.
And there it was.
Eloise could see she wasn't the first, but she also wasn't late. She went through possible options of what she could say, but her mind unfortunately landed on, "Hey! You all here for the... thing?"

She stopped herself before she said anything completely out of place. It wouldn't exactly help her to get admitted to the psych ward a second time. At the thought, her hand shot to the red markings on her face, near reaching her eye. Realizing she had company, she slowly pulled the hand back down and straightened her back, demonstrating fearlessness.

1j4moa5aqld41.jpg
No horn or saddle^^
Autumn Bush

Casually trotting through another woods, I use my wings and pull out a map from a side pouch on my back. Then after studying the map I move my wings slightly focusing and a watery trail of vapor leads to where I want to go. "Aww yeah!"
After reaching the end of the trail a large cloud of vapor breaks and pools over to a group of kids...just standing there. "That's weird?" I flap my wings making the vapor fade and allowing the others to see me for the first time. " Hello" I walk over to the group keeping my distance slightly.

Last edited by a moderator:
46668826828c4ad90b1cb3bb851fd677.jpg

Della Foster

I leave the safety of the large tree and grab the mysterious map that had appeared overnight. "Hmmmm" I study the map for a hot second, then I fly/levitate at a fast speed to the ending location. About a mile away I put my feet on the ground and walk the rest of they way, soon I see people gathered together. I don't know if I want to get to know them. Suddenly out of the woods comes a beautiful winged horse. I rush over to the group. " Hi, I'm Della!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hokusai; Loc: Olivia's classroom

"I... need... help."

How long has it been since a mortal asked for help?

[1916. Behind them, the city burns.]

"... Fine." They stride out the door, heading back towards the school gate. "But hands off."

Josiah
Josiah eventually woke up and he blinked heavily,"fucking hell...." he said in a cold tone he was shirtless in his room and he saw that his bag was right there he looked at his chest seeing the rather enormous hole in his chest though that wasn't the only one on his body he had a couple of stabbings on his sides and lower body he got up and grabbed his suit putting on a grey/red tuxedo on he attached a black cape to the back of him and put on the plague doctor mask as it glowed red a little, he grabbed his cane and his bag and walked out, he ran back to the room to grab a coin one of his old friends have given him when they were kids he got to the destination, the cane hitting the floor, he waited for the bus to come.

As more students came to the stop a rather long vehicle faded in by the path that led to the bus stop. Its outside had been a smokey grey and through the windows, the tops of velvet seats that had been lined up on either side could be seen. For those observing from the back, a spacious spit in the back had been furnished with black pillows, and across it had been a red carpet for the pegasus to sit. A lady from the front if it opened the doors and quickly made her way out.
a301eb452d2adcb6811a79fa545d768a.jpg

While she admittedly looked very young to even be working there but was rather mature energy to her. Her eyes scrolled around her surroundings and she smiled. "Hi! I'll be your driver, the names Maddie!" She bowed then stood straight again. "I'll be calling you one by one onto the bus and once I'm sure you're all here we can get going!" As she had been ready to ask for questions she paused for a moment, "Oh! And a heads up, the ride will take a while...Well, not long of course! But enough to where I think it's fair to warn you to sit by someone you can deal with." She walked onto the first step and leaned in by her driver's seat to grab a clipboard. "Any questions?"

Eloise
(Interactions: Spencypoo Spencypoo and FuzzySheep12 FuzzySheep12 )
Eloise stood, watching the group for a split second before someone else appeared behind her. Two figures, in fact. She turned around, expecting to find someone like her- maybe a bit lost- or someone who could help her understand what exactly she was doing there. However, what she saw wasn't what she had expected. Her jaw dropped at the sight of the literal horse standing right in front of her. So much for her fear of seeming crazy when she approached the people at the bus stop. She eyed the creature up and down, struggling to find the words. The bus had just pulled in, but her mind was still stuck on the creature in front of her.
"You're a horse... and you can talk," She slowly muttered, then repeated herself, "I'm sorry, you're a horse. How are you a horse?"
She then turned to the lady who'd been driving the bus, listening for a while as she introduced herself and described what they'd have to do on the bus. As soon as the woman asked if they had any questions, Eloise's hand shot up. Before she was told to speak, she did it anyway,
"Yes, I have a question. How is there a horse here right now? Like, how does this work?"
Magical creatures weren't exactly her expertise, so seeing one delivered a massive shock to Eloise's system. For a while, she had though she was as special as they come, considering the fire and all. Now, everything seemed plenty stranger and plenty less comfortable.

Last edited:
Autumn Bush

"Well for start my name is Autumn. And I am a Pegasus not a silly horsy. Anyway I have magic like the rest of you, I assume. So it's only fitting that I join you." I swing my head to look at these two legs. And my mother technically shoved me away.... I think just to myself. I spread my wings and give them a flap. They will be sore later I can feel that. I trot over to the vehicle already getting in and siting in a comfortable position that only a Pegasus could manage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back