• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Mytir Chronicles OOC Convention

Also something else I want to do as soon as several people finish their nation sheets is decide the standard calendar. Everyone has their own calendar system but we need a standard calendar system for a point of reference if we're narrating thing from a chronological standpoint.

Also I have nothing against realms having known each other beforehand.

Would this would be a standard calandra for us the players, and our nations can have their own thing

I'm also toying with some ideas on how to make everyone influence the market in someway instead of just me rolling a die to decide. It works better the more people there are but I doubt we'll get more than five including myself. I'm kinda indecisive over the idea of me doing all the background events.

I'm going to go ahead and start this today after I konk out for a little bit.

There are are still more nation sheets being done, but they'll have to join in as we go. It is not fair to those here who have been waiting for weeks to get this started.

I recommend those who are ready to begin to finalize their nation sheets with last minute touch-ups and cast editing.

I'm going to use my national power this post to Discover gunpowder.

I roll 2D6 to roll under or equal to my discovery power. My result is [9]

My nation has recently discovered gunpowder.

My national focus is to improve labor this post.

I roll 2D6 to roll under or equal to my discovery power. My result is [7] I went 2 points over and suffer 2 points of damage to my public support.

My nation has failed to improve its labor and my public support goes down to 18

My inclinations will not change this post.

(Notice what I've declared as my powers and my focuses according to my nation's attributes. I now narrate what was justified and in my case what was attempted and failed)

Alright so we can do two things to advance our nation, and if you fail they can both affect your public support?

Alright so we can do two things to advance our nation, and if you fail they can both affect your public support?

Yes and it depends on what it is. Labor and influence are the two attributes that can affect your public support because to affect those attributes certain policies can make some people uneasy. When you're trying to improve your labor you're practically forcing people to work in something they do not want to if your labor is low like my realm. Influence is even a bigger concern because you are almost tampering with people's livelihoods to accommodate the ability to influence another culture. Influence is a double edged sword and it is also an attribute that is difficult to predict or control just like in a real country.

How would you like use to roll our 2d6s?

I can either roll your number for you here in the OOC or in private message or use the recommended site here: https://www.wizards.com/d20modern/d20mdice/dice.htm

Post your results here in the OOC. I want to put everyone on the honor system but if this turns into a problem somewhere down the road I just have to arbitrate. Remember when you roll to use a power or to affect your attribute either by expanding it or using to do an action on a nation level then you have roll equal to or below your score. The lower your attribute or power, the harder it is to do a focus and a power.

Alright so if I wanted to establish trade with another land I would roll my influence? and then if say I wanted to have a holiday going on so I could converse with the nobles, I should roll, say culture?

To establish trade you must use your culture power to interest the other realm's merchants to do business. Even if you fail you can still have trade, but you won't have the advantage of advertisement and not dictate what can be sold or bought. Once trade is made you can then use your fiscal powers to gain other advantages if you so choose to pursue them. Be warned that if the realm you are trading with is equally aggressive you'll modify your roll according to opposing fiscal powers. This is only if both your realms choose to go into a trade war which I should steer clear from this early in the RP.

Having something like a holiday or a nobles holding a gala does not necessitate an influence check unless it is something that can affect the entire realm as a whole due to controversy or threatening the political balance among factions, religious groups or the relationships between the common folk and the nobles. Anything that could potentially affect the feelings of a large group of people.

Also trading with another country will have you roll an influence check anyway for "culture shock" if you have never met this realm before. Unless you and the other realm have posted that you know each other from before then this won't be necessary. In the long term influence can affect trade if tensions start to build between realms.

It's not mandatory that you improve on anything. It's there for some dynamic that transpires in the background in storytelling. Eventually you may want to improve your nation, but that comes in due time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back