• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Mytheria and Kaldor

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Backstory
Once Upon a Time, there were two kingdoms, Mytheria and Kaldor, that were embroiled in war. Mytheria was a kingdom that had been devoted to peace and harmony with nature (druidic, astrology, shamanism). Kaldor was devoted to honor and science (alchemy, artificers, real science). Between the two kingdoms lies the Badlands and Enchanted Forest and Barrier Peaks. (I am thinking of using a blank map of Australia.)

Long ago Kaldor was suffering from a famine. They sought aid from Mytheria. Mytheria had refused. Kaldor was a militaristic kingdom bent on conquest and expansion. Mytheria felt that they would only be hastening an invasion. They also felt that it was Kaldor’s own abuse of resources that was contributing to their famine. The refusal of aid led to starvation and revolts in colonial acquisitions and invading barbarians hordes. Naturally Kaldor blamed Mytheria. All it took was an excuse to ignite a series of wars that would last for three generations.

Finally Mytheria was left with only a Prince and no female heir. (Lineage is determined by the female line. You always know who the mother is, after all.) Kaldor was in a similar position with only a Princess. The time was ripe for the end of the war - one way or another. The Archeus Magnus of Kaldor and Great Druid of Mytheria both counselled peace. Toward that end they encouraged an arranged marriage between the Prince and Princess.

But the meeting of the pair did not go as planned. Mytheria accuses Kaldor of attempting to kill the Prince. Kaldor accuses the very opposite. The truth? It is a little known secret. Both are correct. The Queen of Mytheria was poisoned; her King slain. The Queen of Kaldor had died in childbirth years before, though he had remarried. The King of Kaldor was torn apart and eaten by great beasts summoned by Mytherian forces.

The Great Druid discovered the poison was beyond her powers to cure. The Archeus Magnus asked for one last chance for peace. He asked to go forth and cure the Queen of Mytheria. The answer was no. So he went anyway. For this he was declared a traitor. Matters weren’t helped much that the poison had left the Queen of Mytheria in a state of madness. She ordered the Great Druid to kill tthe Archeus Magnus. As one might guess, the Great Druid refused. She had asked the Archeus Magnus to help. Instead of killing the man, she aided in his escape and was herself declared a traitor.

It has been 5-6 years since that time.

Note: I originally planned to allow the Prince and Princess to marry others and have a new generation attempt to find peace. But that seemed overcomplicated.

Mytheria
Think of a kingdom not unlike Eternia or Narnia. Mostly human dominant. But with small kingdoms of fantasy and enchanted beings. The elves from the anime, Dragon Prince remind me a little of this kingdom. Technically Mytheria is an empire as its monarch controls several smaller kingdoms.

Kaldor
Militant and far more humanocentric. It is the far less spiritual kingdom. Like Mytheria it has conquered or engulfed numerous smaller kingdoms. They are not unlike Rome, though culturally they are more like the humans of Dragon Prince, though they have their own magic (and do not rely on sacrifices).

Characters
I intend to run the OLD Archeus Magnus and Great Druid. They are fugitives. They have since been replaced by new AM and GD (who are nowhere near as wise or powerful). The old AM and GD were actually young. Their replacements are old and give the appearance of wisdom. But the truth is that they were part of the conspiracy that ended in the deaths of so many.

I will need people to roleplay a number of roles. However, a few rules.

One
You may NOT run your counterparts (as I am). For example, no roleplaying both the new AM and GD. Or both the Queen Regent of Kaldor and Queen of Mytheria.

Two
The AM is a male. The GD is a female. Both should be around the ages of the Queens (about 40 ish).

The Prince and Princess should be around 20-21. They were 15-16 when the assassination attmepts occurred 5-6 years ago.

Three
This is NOT a Romeo and Juliet story!!! If either the Prince or Princess dies, then it is pretty much all over. That doesn’t mean they can’t try to kill one another. LOL.

CS (Character Sheet)
Very basic here. I am not picky about format. But it should include the basics. Consider your character’s age at the time of the Conspiracy (6 years ago) and age yourself. Then consider life since then, with the war continuing.

Magic
Work in Progress - but magic will be mana based, not slots or bending. Elemental magic is limited, in fact. There will be virtually no necromancy or demonology. No clerics either.

Help?????
Okay, here is where I ask for some help picking the various roles that NEED to be filled. I still need to create a map. Not my forte. But I like the shape of Australia.

Posting
Literate
Third person, past tense
One page (500 words) should be typical.

This is interesting~ I also know a good sight for building maps. I'd love to see where this goes.

Thanks. I still need to write up the types of magic, make a list of roles needed. (The new Archeus Magnus might hold a different title, such as Master Engineer. The real title would be Royal Advisor in a role not unlike Merlin to King Arthur.

Some of the roles will come with conspiracy links. The New royal advisor and Queen Regent (can anyone say wicked stepmother?) will be in cahoots. Whether this is also a romance will be up to the roleplayers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back