• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Mystical Matters 2021 [UPDATED: 7/10/21]

Sole Survivor

Roll for Initiative
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Hello Hello! Welcome to my valiant hunt to find fellow fantasy writers who want to embark on fantastical adventures together with nothing, but our keyboards to guide us. I don't have much to ask of you - all I ask is that you write at least two paragraphs and are above the age of 18 for my own comfort as well as yours. Not to forget the ever important: none of the phobics, please. Otherwise, I'm open and excited to write with people from all sorts of backgrounds!

Plots
The Awakening
☆ Character One:
Magician / Sorcerer From the Past
☆ Character Two: Modern Day Person

Magic has always existed no matter what the history books said. The truth to why it disappeared seemed to fade with time; however, there is one who would know of such things. Within a cave, deep within the mountains, far from the surface is a small chamber. It remains blocked to protect what's inside until someone (Character Two) finds this. Why do they find it? Perhaps they are a Youtuber who is filming an exploration video, a historian who found old documents that suggested there was something buried deep within the ground, or even a casual explorer who stumbled across the cave by accident and decided to take a look. Upon venturing into the cave - the notice that there are intricate rune like symbols caved within the stone walls that guide them deeper and deeper. They reach what appears to be a puzzle and if the right pattern is input, the rock door to the chamber shakes and crumbles into a thousand smaller pieces. The inside? Old books, a single burning candle, and a person sat at the desk. Their clothes are...odd. Then they seem to awaken from a deep sleep. Turns out they are from many, many years ago. Perhaps medieval time or even further, what seems to be a world away, and the kicker? They can do magic. You ask why they're in there or why if that's the case there isn't more people who can use magic, but they can't remember. Basically a story of culture shock, surprise, and open to some big-bad coming back now that one if not the last magic user has awoken again.

The Missing Pieces
☆ Character One:
The King/Queen of -inset kingdom name here- whose recently come into needing a new court magician after their last one mysterious disappeared without a trace. Whether or not they like magic, that's up to CH1, but it's tradition to have a magician in their court.
☆ Character Two: A magician who lives within CH1's kingdom. Either a humble background or perhaps grandiose, that is well known for their skill.
Character One is at a loss, their court magician is gone, without a single trace! No matter where they look there's simply no response or sign of them. And at the worse time! Over the last couple years, citizens have gone missing, leaving behind very little evidence. It's clear that as the months go by that its getting more common. Then their -insert court member- here goes missing! Panic sets in! They need help and are at a loss. So they reach out to Character Two in hopes that someone whose connected to magic can help them. Because there's no normal means to why this is all happening. What's going on? Is something bigger at play?

Your Guardian Angel ?
☆ Character One:
A Regular Human
☆ Character Two: A Demon
Character One is your regular, every day human. Living life as one does. But after some near death event, well, Fate decided to send them some help. Sure, there is angels, but why would you want an angel when your personal guardian could be a demon? Turns out they're put to Character One's side to keep them from dying or doing anything that the get them hurt. It's a lot easier said then done when Character One's privacy is basically gone and they're rarely ever alone. But that's just business, baby! Or so Character Two says. Maybe there is something more to why Character One needed Character Two. Is someone or something after them? Is Character Two really there just for the job or is it becoming something more personal for them too?

The Book of Worlds
☆ Character One:
A Regular Modern Day Human
☆ Character Two: Fantasy Character (Dependent on World)
Character One is your average human who for some reason or another ends up in finding an old book, it's cover is torn on the edges but it's rather beautiful. They decide to open it and when they do, they're teleported from their reality into another. Except this world, we create, and flesh it out. Are there fantasy creatures? Are there elves and dwarves? Is there magic? How do they react?

The Court Arises
Character One: A Regular Human
Character Two: A Member of the Court of Fae

Character One is your typical human. They live, work, die - just like the rest of humanity. However, their village has always talked about the Fae who live just behind the forest boundary. They want to escape their every day, mundane life. But those are just rumors, aren't they? Well - one night, Character One hears a sweet, sweet song coming from the forest. They follow it, leaving their bed and home. As they follow the voice they come across a portal, a shimmering pinkish gateway that seems to be where the voice is coming from. They enter. Inside? Welcome to the Fae Court's lands. Character Two is a member of the Fae Court - but not just any member! Perhaps a high ranking noble or the king/queen themselves. The human is brought before the Court and Character Two takes reasonability for them. Why? Because once a human enters their land - the portal closes for a time. Character Two must tend to Character One to make sure they don't land themselves in hot water. And once the portal opens again, Character One asks Character Two to come with them to see their home now. Culture clashes. Do the two want to part ways? Does one chose to say with the other in their home?

The Blood Born
Character One: Human / Fae / Elf / Your Own Species
Character Two: A Blood Born
Set in a medieval / high fantasy world, the Blood Born are considered to be living, breathing gods. Their immortality has earned them this. But the truth behind their nature is far more grim. Cursed to have to drink the blood of those around them, the Blood Born are similar to what one would consider vampires. Their immortality has given them a sense of loneliness, pride, lack of compassion, etc. Character One is a citizen of the kingdom that one of the Blood Born rule over. They end up one way or another becoming a member of court. Can they show the immortal the beauty in life? Or will they show them that life is fleeting, and there's no point to see the worth in each life?

The Imposter
Character One: Prince / Princess
Character Two: The King / The Queen or Crowned Prince / Princess of Rival Kingdom
Set in a medieval or high fantasy setting;
Character One (C1) is the prince or princess of -insert kingdom name here-. The kingdom used to be powerful, wealthy, and strong. However, after some runs of bad luck they're looking for a way to combine their kingdom with another to help support their citizens and council from collapsing. So - there's no choice but to try to arrange a marriage. Kingdom 2 is beyond powerful, wealthy, and secure. The current king / queen of Kingdom 1 reaches out; however, Kingdom 2 only has a son / daughter, the same as Kingdom 1. In an effort to save their kingdom, Kingdom 1 decides to lie. They convince C1 to go in disguise as the opposite gender as an arranged marriage proposal. Kingdom 2 accepts, not knowing this due to Kingdom 1 saying that this son / daughter was kept hidden so if something happened to their "main heir". Kingdom 1 tells C1 to go and avoid getting caught while taking as much as they could before the ruse is over.
Does Character 2 (C2) like the idea of their knew groom/bride whose come to live with them until the marriage? Do they try to figure out why C1 is so cautious about being touched or caught in less than full attire? Will C2 go along with the ruse or point it out if they do find out?

Word Bank
Magician -- Sorcerer -- Familiars -- Royalty -- Kings -- Queens -- Court Affairs -- Elves -- Dwarves -- Humans -- Fantasy -- High Fantasy -- Medieval -- Sword Play -- Romance -- War -- Intrigue -- Political Games -- Ancient Deities -- Gods & Goddesses -- Dreams -- Modern Meets Fantasy -- Magic -- Mystical Beasts -- Ghosts -- Tombs -- Arenas -- Guilds -- D&D -- Treasure Hunting -- Merfolk -- Adventure -- Missing Persons -- Platonic -- Friendships -- Family -- Soulmates

Pairing Bank
Royalty x Magician / Sorcerer Royalty x Doctor (Plague Doctor Vibes) Magician x Magician Royalty x Guard Commander Royalty x Rival Royalty Magician x Familiar Human x Supernatural Creature Demon x Human Angel x Human Assassin (Undercover) x Royalty God/Goddess x Sacrifice Isolated Forest Dweller x City Dweller

Last edited:
Hi! Nice plots. I'd be interested in coming up with something with you. The only catch on my case is that right now I'd prefer to have MxF pairings, but I'm happy to double. We can discuss if you have a plot you're craving the most and I have a magic plot you might be interested in hearing about as well!

Hello!
First off my favorite is probably a deep navy. I'm up for any type of pairing as it makes no difference to me. I really love the royalty and court magician plot line! But honestly I'm up for anything if you have a preference to one over another!

This looks amazing!
Well thank you! That means quite a lot! : ))

Hi! Nice plots. I'd be interested in coming up with something with you. The only catch on my case is that right now I'd prefer to have MxF pairings, but I'm happy to double. We can discuss if you have a plot you're craving the most and I have a magic plot you might be interested in hearing about as well!
Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment! I'd be super excited to work out a story together. And now worries, I thoroughly enjoy all pairing combinations, so, I have no problem with MxF! I'll shoot you a message, I'd love to hear about your magic plot too! : ))
Hello!
First off my favorite is probably a deep navy. I'm up for any type of pairing as it makes no difference to me. I really love the royalty and court magician plot line! But honestly I'm up for anything if you have a preference to one over another!
Hello, hello! What a lovely color choice! I'm thrilled that one of the plots caught your eye! I'll shoot a message so we can discuss it further! : ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back