• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Mystic Messenger Idol AU

RANGYOKU

海の響をなつかしむ
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_focused_v3.gif

Do you like Mystic Messenger . . . ?

464cc7e4c498594013277ed822582c7e70b1cc93_hq.gif

Do you like K-Pop . . . ?

If yes then, oh boy, is this roleplay for YOU!

Maybe. Hopefully.

Awkward intro aside, hello, welcome! Allow me to first elaborate on what the title hints at in regards to content. I won't keep you any longer with introductions and rules, what good are they if the reason that drove you to read this thread was not you hoped for, am I right . . . ?

I am currently seeking an above eighteen, long-term ( and slow burn ? ) roleplay partner for an AU for the visual novel Mystic Messenger, particularly the RFA, in the Korean idol industry, taking the role of groups, duo units, solo singers or staff, whichever we see fit. I have come up with a few headcanons of my own already and I'm currently conducting research on the ins and outs of the industry as a whole, for starters, but I will be immensely grateful for any insight my partner has on the subject and the cooperation they will provide in regards to translating the characters into this setting.

. . . Still with me? Thank you! Now, onto rules. I only want to keep us in the same page and not waste your time if your preferences do not match my own. It happens, it's no one's fault. That being said, if we do become partners, failing to follow this set of terms and conditions consistently will be met with shut down of the roleplay on my part, with warnings prior to it. I will respect you and your bondaries at all times and I expect you to do the same.

i.This will be a casual / semi-detailed roleplay. What I mean by that is that each reply's lenght should be around two to three paragraghs of five to seven lines. Inspiration may come and go, I perfectly understand that, but please never force yourself to write, there is no rush.
ii. On that note, I consider myself a "casual roleplayer", as in I do not pressure the person I will be roleplaying with and rather allow them to go their own pace rather than to demand them to hurry up replying or asking when their next reply will be. Repeat after me, roleplay is not a chore. No deadlines, no spamming, keep out such habits if you do engage in them.
iii Shipping-wise, I advise you to thread very carefully here, mostly regarding homosexuality in South Korea or dating bans in the industry. We can elaborate on this once we get started. I am not opposed to romance in the roleplay, I just not want to tackle it on a whim.
iv. You have must have played / watched all routes, including the Secret Endings. We will be sharing the cast in regards to roleplaying ( this may include a costumized MC, if you wish; I will say this now, though, do not bring up a MC of your creation if they are a self-insert, which includes a nonsensical English birth name / surname or an unrealistic background ) and I want to keep everyone in character unless it is to fit the setting. For example, Yoosung cannot be as purposely antagonistic towards V as he is in the game or Saeran will be characterized as he is at the end of the Secret Endings and of his route, as it is his "true" personality, although I will not oppose to portray his other personas in, let's say, a MV. Additionally, if you happen to hate any of the characters, such as Rika or V as they are rather controversial ones, I advise you to give up on this roleplay right now, as I refuse to villanize any of the characters for your sake.

To end this thread, I will add a few more important tidbits. My timezone is UTC+1. I am a relatively newcomer to k-pop, so please forgive me if I do not get all the references and memes you decide to throw at me. I roleplay by Discord, PM or thread, by order of preference.

I look forward to a partnership with you. Just PM me or leave a reply in this thread if you are a new member!​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back