• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy My Wife

Santiago smiled at her and straightened up, "You too. I heard a lot of great things about your husband before, so I am sure that has much to do with you." he sighed, as he glanced to where Noe had moved towards, "He tell you anything about growing up or his work." he asked, there was a lot about how her life was, that made his curious. But he wondered if she knew what was in store for her and how her parents were able to make sure that she was safe. "Do you work with him? On his missions?" he asked, wondering if she took any part of Noe's work. If she could help out, then maybe she would understand what it was like and he could understand why Noe didn't seem to mind that she was not forced. Maybe they had started something new and he could find a way to help his son. That was his biggest regret and that was what he had always hoped to fix, since Noe was young. He wanted to help his son have a normal life, but this was normal for him, and that was something that he was disappointed in himself for letting Noe, think it was.

Ava smiled at Santiago, "Yeah, Desmond is great. He's done a lot for me and I couldn't be more grateful to him." she said and couldn't help but feel glad that he was her husband. Noe must have told his dad about Desmond and herself so she wondered how much he actually knew about her. She took a moment to think about his question, "Well, he never really talks about himself, so I don't really know too much about his childhood or work. I only know he works for the military." she replied honestly and while she was curious about Noe's childhood, she wanted learn about it whenever he wanted to talk about it to her. "I don't work with him since I'm not in the military or even really know about the kinds of missions he does. He likes to keep them a secret, but it makes sense since it's classified military information. Somehow I feel like I'm better off not knowing." she said and never really thought more about his role in the military than just surface level things. It just never seemed like something she would need to know too many details about in her mind. "Do you work in the military as well?" she asked, wondering if him and Noe worked in similar fields. It could be a reason why Noe decided to join the military.

Santiago gave her a small smile, she sounded something like Noe when he was younger and it took him a moment to get his bearings. He shook his head, "No. I actually had no idea about the military other than that they existed for a long time. It wasn't under I meet his mother, she was military, like he is, that I knew that they dealt with other matters. Not classified, since she was a summoner too, but obviously dangerous. She was killed on the line of duty a year or so after Noe was born and his powers started to show, shortly after." he chuckled a bit, "Wasn't long for me to understand that I was out of my league with him. But he found some control, it just wasn't enough." he stated as he frowned, if he had been born like them, he could have protected his son, like they were this woman and his son wouldn't be doing things he rather not, just to have another day of freedom. Santiago felt horrible for not being born with a power and even worse that eh could do nothing to help the one son he had, that did. "You know, whatever they do for you is important and you should listen to them. I head that they keep you pretty locked up, but it really is for the best. If.....well, I shouldn't tell you about Noe, but people finding out how poweful he could be, did lead him to his current path. I hope your control is better than I could help my son with." he advised.

Ava listened to Santiago talk about how his wife was a summoner in the military and that would explain why Noe was in the military as well. It was sad to hear about her passing away on a mission though and she wondered how it might have effected their family. Being a normal and raising a summoner on your own did sound like it would be tough from the sounds of it. When he mentioned that it was for the best for her to be as well protected as she was, she kept wondering why everyone seemed to agree with that. She guessed they were right as she didn't want anyone to know about her being a summoner, but it's not like normal people could tell the difference anyways and it was hard to imagine there being summoners in this small town who could possibly out her. Her mind then wandered back to the summoner she saw earlier, but she pushed it to the back of her mind again as she didn't want to get distracted. She did find it interesting when Santiago said that people finding out how powerful Noe could be, lead him to the path he was on now. Did that mean the military would be an option for her if anyone found out how powerful she was? She decided not to think about it as joining the military didn't interest her in the slightest. "My control is good enough. I rarely do things that aren't within my capabilities." she said and while she still couldn't fully control her powers, it wasn't like she had no control whatsoever. "I guess my question for you is, how was it like raising a summoner child when you were a normal person?" she asked him as that was really the only thing she wanted to know. It interested her because she didn't grow up with normal parents.

Santiago thought for a moment, before he smirked, "It's like training a dinosaur. They love you greatly, but every chance they try to please you is dangerous." he chuckled, "Noe had a lot to do as a child, losing his mother and having a father that had no power. He had a lot of things to deal with, without the added work of what his powers brought into our lives. Summoners are classified as the most dangerous and useful of a lot of powers. Criminal Summoners use their powers to hurt others and sometimes use them to manipulate others, while you have the good summoners that have to hunt down their own and sometimes do what is needed to keep everyone safe. It is hard to kill your own, but that is what is needed at times. There are a lot of factors to being a summoner....."

"Dad." Noe snapped, "Don't scare her." he stated, making a point to give his father a pointed glance, known that he was getting to the point of what all summoners were subjected to. He sighed as he sat down next to Ava, "Sorry. My commander wants to brief me sooner than later. I am meeting her a few hours, best we start to head back in about an hour, to be safe." he informed her.

Ava listened to Santiago talk about how it was to raise Noe and what he went through as a child. It sounded like a lot for a child to deal with and it made her wonder what his life would have been like if things had been different. Her interest was piqued when he began explaining a summoner's role in the military and it made a lot of sense to her. Just as summoners can use their powers for good, they can also use them for evil. She listened intently as he began to explain more, but it seemed like Noe was done with his phone call and halted the conversation. "It's fine, I wasn't really scared." she said as he sat down. She then nodded her head when he said they had to leave in an hour and she wished she could stay longer.

Now that time was running out, she couldn't hold back her curiosity any longer, "Its fine, I understand. But I have to go the bathroom first. I'll be right back." she said as she stood up and made her way into women's bathroom. The summoner had been waiting in there for her and she looked at Ava when she walked in, "Ah, I knew you would come my dear." she said with a smile as she took off her sunglasses. The woman looked to be about the same age as her and was quite the beauty. "My name is Jessica Avon, but you can call me Jess. I could really use your help. I can tell that you are a powerful summoner and us summoners should help each other out right? If you help me, I can help you with something in return. What do you say?" she asked with another smile.

Ava seemed a bit skeptical, but it was rare for her to find a summoner that wasn't Noe in this town, let alone be able to talk to one. She also wasn't one to turn someone away who needed help, but she had also just met this woman. "My name is Ava Dale, what is it that you need help with? Also, why me? Surely there are other summoners that you know or maybe even the military could help you." she replied and wondered why she had picked her when Noe was around as well.

Jess scoffed a bit and crossed her arms, "The military? As if they could help me. It's because of them that I need help in the first place." she replied and seemed a little offended that Ava had suggested the military for help. "I also don't know any summoners who can help me. You see, I need help getting back to my family. They live on the other side of the country and I was looking for a powerful summoner to help me get to them. I happened to choose you since I had this feeling I could trust you." she said with small smile.

Ava was a bit flattered when Jess said that, but she needed more information before she could agree, "The other side of the country? Couldn't you just take a plane or something? Why do you need a summoner's help?" she asked and wondered how a summoner could help her with her problem.

Jess uncrossed her arms and let out a breath, "Well, I escaped from the military and they are probably looking for me right now. It's hard to travel and move around since I don't have proper identification and I can't risk getting myself caught or found out. I'm looking for a summoner that can travel around easily, so if I may ask, what summoning abilities do you have? I have the ability to summon animals and teleport." she said and she could tell they didn't have much time to talk.

Ava was a bit apprehensive of telling Jess her ability, especially since she had escaped from the military, but if she could summon animals, maybe she could help her with her summoning. "I can summon creatures from another realm, but I'm not very good at it. If I can help you, will you help me gain better control over my ability?" she asked and wanted this interaction to be beneficial for both of them.

Jess had a surprised look on her face upon learning what Ava's ability was, "What? You can summon creatures from another world?? That's an extremely rare ability. How is the military letting you roam free? Surely with someone as powerful and rare as you, they should have you locked up in one of their strongholds." she said and was still in disbelief over learning this.

Ava tilted her head in confusion a bit, "Huh? I'm not involved in the military at all. Not many people know I even exist, actually, and I have no desire to join the military anyways." she said and wondered why that was the first thing Jess thought of.

Jess's face lit up a bit, "Oh, you lucky girl! The military hasn't gotten it's grubby hands on you yet and that's how it should stay. If they got a hold of you, they'd never let you go. That's how it is for rare and powerful summoners. But, I think you can definitely help me. Can you summon something that can either travel underground quickly or maybe even fly undetected?" she asked curiously.

Ava wondered why she was lucky that the military didn't know about her yet. She had many more questions, but also knew she had been in the bathroom for quite a while now. "I think so. I'll have to double check my book, but I'll only help you on three conditions. The first one is you have to tell me why you escaped the military, the second one is you have to help me gain better control over my ability, and the third one is you have to keep my ability and the fact that I'm a summoner a secret. Do we have a deal?" she asked and was feeling a little excited about getting to meet someone new.

Jess nodded her head, "We have a deal! When and where do you want to meet up? I'll explain everything about myself to you when we see each other again." she said and looked a little relieved that Ava had accepted.

Ava thought about where they could meet up and knew Desmond wouldn't let her go anywhere alone. "How about my place? It has to be during specific hours though." she said and it was the only place that was safe and wouldn't draw suspicion from Desmond if Jess came over when he was at work. The thought of keeping this from him pained her, but she had a feeling Jess could help and teach her more than Desmond or Noe are able to.

Jess nodded her head and pulled out her phone from her purse, "That works for me! Let's exchange phone numbers and you can text me the time and place." she said and handed her phone to her. Ava pulled out her phone and handed it to Jess and they added each other's numbers. Ava texted her address and the time frame, "That should be a good time." she said with a smile and put her phone away. Jess read the text and nodded her head, "Alrighty. I'll see you then! Oh and I can tell you're well protected, so let's keep this meeting and future meetings a secret between us, okay?" she said with a wink and put her sunglasses back on before summoning a portal and walking through it.

Ava nodded her head and waved bye as she watched Jess disappear into the portal. She thought that was super cool and it just now hit her that it might not have been the best idea to give someone she just met her address...but she didn't get any weird vibes from her and their next meeting will determine whether or not they would continue interacting, so she wasn't too worried. She smiled to herself a bit and walked out of the bathroom and made her way back to where Noe and his dad were.

Noe nodded as he watched her go, before he turned to his father, "What were you thinking?" he asked his father when she was gone.

"I was thinking that she didn't know what a Summoner had to go through, what you went through. I wanted her to know, so she would understand that she is being protected from." his father said, but Noe wasn't sure if that could be the honest truth.

"She is in the dark for a reason. If she has to worry about this, then she will make a mistake and the military wouldn't let someone like her go. The less she knows the better." he pointed out.

"You knew, when you were little. You are just as powerful and it's not fair for you to have to watch over someone that doesn't know and protect her, when you should have been protected. It's not right what the military does to your kind."

"What they do to my kind? Father, they have their reasons and there are things that you wouldn't understand about it. It might not be ideal, but some summoners need to be controlled. It's not like they keep summoners in action all the time. They do allow us to have lives, but they monitor those lives."

"Then why doesn't she know?"

"Because she thinks her parents were part of the military and kept her locked away because of what they saw in that time. When her parents had just manage to keep her a secret and wanted her to be free from military duty, especially because of her power."

"Then why you? Why are you the one that has to help her?"

"Because my best friend needed me. He needed someone connected to the military to watch their intelligence and make sure she was never a target."

"But why does it have to be you. I would give anything for you to have the same chance as she does, and Desmond just dangled it in your face, why?"

"I think you should go, dad. This was a bad idea and I will meet you later to have this conversation if I can. All you need to know, is that I decided to help him and it is my choice, one of the few that I get to have and I made it on my own."

"But...."

"Please, father. Just go." Noe sighed as he watched his father's face turn from misunderstanding to acceptance, as he turned to walk away. Noe watched as his father left and looked at his phone, he would have to call Desmond about this, but he would do that on the way to his meeting with the military. From what he gathered, as he moved to his text, to see the picture; was that a female summoner that was nearly as strong as he was, but not as quick in her summoning or as skilled in their imagination, was lose and they were afraid of what she might try. He was going to meet for a briefing to get more information, but the picture was sent to keep him on the look out, until then. It made him wonder what is was that this woman did to be on the bad side of the military.

When Ava started towards him, he smirked as she move dto go meet her, "Okay, ready to go?" he asked before looking at his watch for a moment and then placing his phone in his pocket. "I have just enough time to stop and get something to go, for lunch if you want and drop you off. I haven't eaten since earlier today, but if you don't want to, I can just drop you off. I'm sure that I can get something on base." he suggested.

Ava made it back to Noe and noticed his dad wasn't around anymore. She wondered if something happened or if they just wrapped things up. "Yeah, lunch sounds good! You should eat something before you go do your military stuff." she said with a smile and even she was a little hungry now. She grabbed her things and said her thanks and goodbye to the librarian before heading out of the building and to Noe's car. "I didn't think your dad would leave before I got back. There was some more things I wanted to ask him." she said as she looked at Noe before staring ahead of her again. "But anyways, what food are you in the mood for?" she asked before her mind wandered back to Jess for a moment. She had mixed dealings about her and wondered if it was a good idea to give out her personal information so quickly. But then again, she wanted to make her own choices without Desmond or Noe's imput and this could even be her chance to gain better control over her powers and make a new friend. Only time would tell if this was a good decision or not.

Noe smirked at her, "Probably best you not ask him too much. He still is just a human, they don't have the same stimani as someone like us." He commented, but the truth was, that his father was crossing a line that could not be uncross and there was no way that he could let that happen. "So, what do you want to pick up? Base isn't too far from the house, so we can grab something really fast and I am sure that I can call Desmond and see if I didn't leave him with too much. See if he can come have lunch with you?" he told her and smirked slightly. There was a lot that he wanted to do, other than report in, but it was important that he did. There was no way that he was going to be able to help them, id the military was after him. It might make them look at Ava more and find out that she was not just a human. He had to make sure that didn't happen, not just because he was her husband's best friend and Desmond asked, but because he cared what happened to her. He didn't want her to lose the innocence she had to go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back