Other My (short) experience with RPing

Max Nova

So basically, I’ve roleplayed for about four years now, a lot of it being on Everyplay (shut down, was never even meant for RPing in the first place) and some in other areas. I got really attached to my friends on Eplay but gradually over the years, as it’s quality degraded (owner abandoned, notifications stopped working)I stopped going on as much, until I stopped entirely. I was a day late to catch where they were ‘migrating’ to. I was browsing for something new to RP on and found this. This looked the coolest/systematically best. There were a multitude of oppourtunities, but you betta believe I chose this one. So now I’m here, on RPNation. I hope that in time this becomes my new online family. :D

What’s your guys' experience with RPing in the past?

I started out on chicken smoothie (strict, the mods played favorites) which had some good quality role plays. They’re geared towards the ten and under crowd though so adults on the forum where pushed out.

Next went to the hellscape of drama and ego that is gaiaonline. That place is clique central but they have decent organization and higher quality roleplays.

Left when the stress was too much. Shopped around for a bit and ended up here.

I've been roleplaying over on Nationstates since 2011, and that's pretty much where I've always tended to roleplay (particularly in P2TM, since I don't really do nation roleplaying any more - it's easier just to stick to individual characters, and in some nation RPs I was a bit put off by some people summoning armies/fleets out of nowhere or seemingly having endless numbers of troops). I created an account over on Elliquiy back in 2013, but I've barely been active there, and I always found myself gravitating back to familiarity of NS. I also created my account here last year, but I pretty much forgot I even had an account here until I got the email telling me the account would be deleted unless I posted. So yeah, that email basically served as a reminder that I should probably do something here.

I started roleplaying on a site called Zetapets (shutdown, rights were given to another owner and name was changed) for a while until the site went down. After that I just did it here and there with a friend I know in "real life" over email or chat sites. I had moved to one site that demanded activity (if you didn't log in and reply in X amount of days then you were banned), and that was incredibly overwhelming and difficult to take part in as it depended on the people actually active (they never gave enough to work with). That turned me off for roleplaying for a long while until an old RP friend recommended this beautiful cluster fuck of a place. I've gotten a lot better with roleplaying thanks to this place, and the community is normally chill. Yeah, it has its ups and downs, but so does every thing else so, eh.

I went hardcore and started roleplaying on my own forums that was set up for roleplaying. It was with some of irl and online friends and it was fun. Then I set up a forum for 1x1 rp with one friend. Then also did some rp in blogs, wrote in a blog from the name of a character and interacted with other characters in their blogs.
After that I had a long break and whenever I rped it was all over the place. Chats, blogs, emails...
Right now I rp on RPN, discord and google docs.

Funny enough, when I started to rp, it was mostly with people I knew from elsewhere. And now I rp with just about anyone and befriend people in the process.

Started RP on the game forums of Bungie.net, which had enough organization to develop RP groups. I joined when I was younger so I was (and still am) the butt of all the jokes and harassment. So I started looking around for new places to go and I'm here now.

Been roleplaying 16 years and to short form sum it up it goes something like this:

- Started on MSN 1/1 with a friend who introduced me to RPing when I was 13.
- Moved to group RPing in MSN Chatrooms (the anime category was the place for all RPing)
- Moved from MSN Chatrooms to Gaiaonline, which I regular to this day (16 years later).
- From Gaia I jumped between IX-Worlds, Roleplaygateway, and WTFRPG.
- I ended up jumping between those sites to find partners for years and RP'd mostly over GDoc, Email, and Skype for the longest time.
- I ended up on this site a few years ago (had to remake account because I lost the email to my OG account).
- Now I basically use RPN and Gaiaonline to find partners and still RP over email, GDoc and now Discord.

well... i started roleplaying in december of 2015 on an app and website called wattpad. all of my writing experience is from mostly that. i honestly owe it my development as a writer, even if the app isn’t really a part of my life anymore. i’ve dabbled in a bit of amino roleplaying and sometimes even through iMessage with some trusted individuals. now i’m here, and i hope it turns out to be good for me!

I'm in the same boat as you. Just joined and more or less testing the waters.
I've lurked on other forums/ communities, and I'm inclined to agree with you: RPN is organized and clean. I like the emphasis on Story as opposed to smut. Nothing wrong with the latter though.

I started roleplaying on a minecraft server where everyone was shitty both rp and real world wise.

Then I went through a couple sites until I came here and never looked back.

I've had some pretty cool experiences here even if I've never actually finished a roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back