My Shapeshifter Character

I think she looks good, but I wanna know what the community thinks.
Thanks to FoolsErin FoolsErin , I figured out what Emily was missing. However, I still want to know if there's anything else that looks weird or bad.

Human Persona Name: Emily Morris
True Name: Dalfyry
Human Persona Age: 23
True Age: 200
Human Persona Gender: Female
Human Persona Sexuality: Asexual, Aromantic

Personality: She is respectful and hospitable to everyone around her, but secretly judges people based on their appearance and her experience with humans.

Backstory:
Emily Morris, or Dalfyry, was created by a particularly powerful demon named Kalman, who created and told her that her job was to exterminate the human race and to not let anything get in her way, or he would kill her. However, he really made her for his entertainment, as he knew that it would be impossible to rid the Earth of humans and found the idea of one of his creations attempting to reach an unattainable goal hilarious. (I'll probably make a character sheet for him too.)

When she first started out, she was hesitant to kill humans at first, as the ones she mostly met were kind, and she was sloppy when she did find the courage to try it. However, as the decades passed, she realized that she couldn’t spare any humans, whether kind or wicked, and acquired skills she didn’t originally have.

Now, in order to get the jump on someone, she shapeshifts into an animal or person that’s enticing to a human (such as a dog) and attempts to lure them away from any other people so that nobody can try to stop her, then murders them. She can shapeshift into inanimate objects (such as a table or a bookshelf), but she mostly does it to hide when she’s being attacked.

Additional Info: She runs on the fear of the creature she kills and has found that depending on the person, the fear gained is substantial. She wears an Amethyst necklace that lets her shapeshift in the first place along with letting her talk with Kalman. If she doesn't have the necklace somewhere on her body, she turns into her shapeshifter form and stays that way until she gets it back.

Human Persona Appearance:

1a6889db1dabf130920f092502c3e231.png

Shapeshifter appearance:
6f28d7fdef527167c31182f4527064e2.jpg

Last edited:
You've got some nice ideas here, but I really think they could use some fleshing out. Who was she created by? Why do they want to exterminate the human race? What exactly do you mean when you say she "got the hang of it"? Was she bad at killing humans at first? Was she initially hesitant to kill humans? How exactly was she before she "got the hang of it"? How is she 200 years old? Was she made by a long-lived alien race? Is she a construct or a robot of some kind? How exactly does her shapeshifting work? Is she limited to her human persona or does she have more broad powers?

Ask yourself questions about what you already have, and use the answers to give your character some more detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back