• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings - my partner search - / updated 2-7-18 /

Newson

grant me eyes

welcome to my partner search
tumblr_mm0yhya5dy1r0udsio1_500.gif
"i can't love someone just as hopelessly romantic as me."

introduction.

Hey kiddos, welcome to the rocking roller-coaster that is my life. What? You're confused? Well you better be prepared, because I'm gonna show you.

I'm Newson, a cisgender, probably straight, 17 almost 18 year old boy from the United States EST. Some physical traits include being 6'4", red hair and blue eyes, and having a very on-top-of-it fashion sense. I like to say I take cues from Japanese, Korean, and contemporary-casual fashion. If you couldn't tell, Japanese culture is very inspiring for me, and I would love to go to Japan. If my college offers that for a study abroad option, you bet your bottom dollar that I'm taking it. Some of my hobbies including hanging out with friends, theater (I'm in a musical now!), playing and listening to music, video games, and, of course, writing.

Some things I offer for roleplaying is someone who loves world and character building, storytelling, and creating charming or dark and interesting plots. I like everything from fiction to science fiction, horror to romance, and mostly everything in-between. I like to write multiple paragraphs (well I don't have a definitive amount, I'd say three to five on average, but I just write what comes to me. That could exceed or cede the average given), and I like to use my best grammar and story writing skills I have. I'd also like to say I'm a pretty good writer. Outside of roleplaying and writing my many stories, I don't write with the best vocabulary I could, and I opt for a more relaxed and comfortable way; more alike the way I speak in real life. I do have a few preferences though. I only do OCs in regards to fandoms. I don't think anyone, beside their creator or themselves, can properly convey the true emotions and motives of a character. I much prefer original characters and going that way. I also like to work out a lot of the world before we head into the story. In general, I'm usually a "build on as we go" type of guy, but I like to knock out the world space right off the bat. Characters are also not so much of a problem for me, a basic character sheet is all I need to get started. I'd much rather flesh them out and build onto them through the story.

It also helps to get to know my partner. So I may ask some questions, or try to get to know you and become friends before we start. It makes things easier. I want to be friends and roleplay partners, not just one or the other. If you have any other questions about me, feel free to ask, I'm always willing to talk about myself.

rules.

I do have some rules for everyone who may want to start anything with me. They're basic and not to demanding, but I do like to follow them.

> I want someone that can match my post length. This rule is mostly to avoid one-liners or effortless responses. I want my partner to put effort into the roleplay too. I don't want the creation process to be one-sided.
> For me, pairings are never an issue or thing I discuss. I don't follow the usual MxF, MxM, etc format. It doesn't matter too much. I also don't do the "Friend x Friend" or "Rebel x Sweetheart" format. It feels too conforming and restricting to our characters.
> I like to say I'm very active on-site, I check everyday and I get notifications on my phone through email, so it would be nice to have someone who is also active. Everyday or every other day is about when I go on.
> That being said, I do sometimes take hiatuses from the site due to writer's block or losing interest, but if I find a good partner, it will give me reasons to stick around. If I do ghost out, I'll let you know, and apologize in advance.

tumblr_p3ph7gmXa91wmd742o1_500.jpg

/ / / // / / // / // / / // // / /​

plots, pairings, galore.

tumblr_p3e8jvW7vG1w50uhyo1_1280.jpg
Fandoms
> Fallout ***
> Harry Potter ***
> The Elder Scrolls **
> Tokyo Ghoul ***
> Star Wars ***
> The Witcher **
> Assassin's Creed **

tumblr_p3e8jvW7vG1w50uhyo2_1280.jpg
Genres, Ideas, Plots

> Realistic Fiction (modern drama, romance, slice of life, ...)
> Science Fiction (dystopian, space drama, ...)
> Horror (murderers, cults, monsters, survival situations, ...)
> Fantasy (treasure hunts, mercenaries, bounties, quests, ...)
> Post Apocalyptic (survival, rebuilding, zombie-killing, ...)

> I'm really looking for a Japanese-based or anime-inspired slice-of-life. Something that takes place in quaint Japanese towns or busting cities like Tokyo. The whole anime and Japanese aesthetic is something I'm really looking into now. If you couldn't tell by the whole theme of this partner search. Our roleplay, following this theme, could be a romance, a drama, something strange, anything. I want the setting, the plot and characters can be discussed later. I'm just hoping someone wants to do this with me just as much as I want to do it. **** (I really want to do this.)

> A coming-of-age story that also includes superpowers. Anything from two teens discovering they have powers and they must run away, or they go to a private school where kids, who haven't found their powers, are repressed from having them, and they must escape. There are plenty of possibilities we could make. ***

> Another realistic fiction story about two kids coming of age. This one doesn't involve superpowers, but includes just the same amount of drama, turmoil, and happy times that two kids could have. They could be escaping troubling families, schools, or just escaping because they want something more. It could even be more interesting if Muse A is a rebel, some kid meant for this, and Muse B is a good kid, someone who isn't fit for trouble-making, but needs to escape. ***

More plots and ideas will come with time. At the moment, I want to get this thread out into the world. If you have any ideas yourself that correlate with me, I'd be happy to know. If you're interesting in starting a roleplay with me, PM me and introduce yourself. Tell me your hobbies, anything, and a writing sample would be highly appreciated. This way, I can weed out the people who are truly interested, and those who put little effort into starting something with me. I hope my partner search was alluring enough, and I hope we become fast friends.

Thank you!
Newson​

Hello! If you're still looking for partners, I'm definitely interested c: I've been really craving a Tokyo Ghoul inspired roleplay that would utilize the whole Japanese town/anime aesthetic ^-^

welcome to my partner search
View attachment 397232
"i can't love someone just as hopelessly romantic as me."

introduction.

Hey kiddos, welcome to the rocking roller-coaster that is my life. What? You're confused? Well you better be prepared, because I'm gonna show you.

I'm Newson, a cisgender, probably straight, 17 almost 18 year old boy from the United States EST. Some physical traits include being 6'4", red hair and blue eyes, and having a very on-top-of-it fashion sense. I like to say I take cues from Japanese, Korean, and contemporary-casual fashion. If you couldn't tell, Japanese culture is very inspiring for me, and I would love to go to Japan. If my college offers that for a study abroad option, you bet your bottom dollar that I'm taking it. Some of my hobbies including hanging out with friends, theater (I'm in a musical now!), playing and listening to music, video games, and, of course, writing.

Some things I offer for roleplaying is someone who loves world and character building, storytelling, and creating charming or dark and interesting plots. I like everything from fiction to science fiction, horror to romance, and mostly everything in-between. I like to write multiple paragraphs (well I don't have a definitive amount, I'd say three to five on average, but I just write what comes to me. That could exceed or cede the average given), and I like to use my best grammar and story writing skills I have. I'd also like to say I'm a pretty good writer. Outside of roleplaying and writing my many stories, I don't write with the best vocabulary I could, and I opt for a more relaxed and comfortable way; more alike the way I speak in real life. I do have a few preferences though. I only do OCs in regards to fandoms. I don't think anyone, beside their creator or themselves, can properly convey the true emotions and motives of a character. I much prefer original characters and going that way. I also like to work out a lot of the world before we head into the story. In general, I'm usually a "build on as we go" type of guy, but I like to knock out the world space right off the bat. Characters are also not so much of a problem for me, a basic character sheet is all I need to get started. I'd much rather flesh them out and build onto them through the story.

It also helps to get to know my partner. So I may ask some questions, or try to get to know you and become friends before we start. It makes things easier. I want to be friends and roleplay partners, not just one or the other. If you have any other questions about me, feel free to ask, I'm always willing to talk about myself.

rules.

I do have some rules for everyone who may want to start anything with me. They're basic and not to demanding, but I do like to follow them.

> I want someone that can match my post length. This rule is mostly to avoid one-liners or effortless responses. I want my partner to put effort into the roleplay too. I don't want the creation process to be one-sided.
> For me, pairings are never an issue or thing I discuss. I don't follow the usual MxF, MxM, etc format. It doesn't matter too much. I also don't do the "Friend x Friend" or "Rebel x Sweetheart" format. It feels too conforming and restricting to our characters.
> I like to say I'm very active on-site, I check everyday and I get notifications on my phone through email, so it would be nice to have someone who is also active. Everyday or every other day is about when I go on.
> That being said, I do sometimes take hiatuses from the site due to writer's block or losing interest, but if I find a good partner, it will give me reasons to stick around. If I do ghost out, I'll let you know, and apologize in advance.

plots, pairings, galore.

Fandoms
> Fallout ***
> Harry Potter ***
> The Elder Scrolls **
> Tokyo Ghoul ***
> Star Wars ***
> The Witcher **
> Assassin's Creed **

Genres, Ideas, Plots

> Realistic Fiction (modern drama, romance, slice of life, ...)
> Science Fiction (dystopian, space drama, ...)
> Horror (murderers, cults, monsters, survival situations, ...)
> Fantasy (treasure hunts, mercenaries, bounties, quests, ...)
> Post Apocalyptic (survival, rebuilding, zombie-killing, ...)

> I'm really looking for a Japanese-based or anime-inspired slice-of-life. Something that takes place in quaint Japanese towns or busting cities like Tokyo. The whole anime and Japanese aesthetic is something I'm really looking into now. If you couldn't tell by the whole theme of this partner search. Our roleplay, following this theme, could be a romance, a drama, something strange, anything. I want the setting, the plot and characters can be discussed later. I'm just hoping someone wants to do this with me just as much as I want to do it. **** (I really want to do this.)

> A coming-of-age story that also includes superpowers. Anything from two teens discovering they have powers and they must run away, or they go to a private school where kids, who haven't found their powers, are repressed from having them, and they must escape. There are plenty of possibilities we could make. ***

> Another realistic fiction story about two kids coming of age. This one doesn't involve superpowers, but includes just the same amount of drama, turmoil, and happy times that two kids could have. They could be escaping troubling families, schools, or just escaping because they want something more. It could even be more interesting if Muse A is a rebel, some kid meant for this, and Muse B is a good kid, someone who isn't fit for trouble-making, but needs to escape. ***

/ / / // / / // / // / / // // / /

More plots and ideas will come with time. At the moment, I want to get this thread out into the world. If you have any ideas yourself that correlate with me, I'd be happy to know. If you're interesting in starting a roleplay with me, PM me and introduce yourself. Tell me your hobbies, anything, and a writing sample would be highly appreciated. This way, I can weed out the people who are truly interested, and those who put little effort into starting something with me. I hope my partner search was alluring enough, and I hope we become fast friends.

Thank you!

Newson

I’d do a Star Wars MXF Canon x oc Rp with you :)

hi there, I'd be happy to rp with you. I still can't start PMs yet though, so if you're interested in working something out together, you'd have to <PM me first (:

I would love to do that Japanese/Anime inspired slice of life roleplay! It sounds really interesting and has a lot of room for our own creative freedoms! c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back