• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered My Message treated as Spam-Like Content

LateMemo

Yup, I'm late.
So... ( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ I was planning on sending a user a BBCoded direct message but instead of it being sent when I click the "Post reply" button. I get a notification:

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

I tested the message on My Private Workshop a few days back and it worked, but now that I am sending it in a dm to someone. This notification shows up at the top of my browser o(〒﹏〒)o .

I’m having that exact problem right now lol. Don’t mind me posting random things on here to try and fix it

For future reference if someone has the same problem:
RpN Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I can't send a message because it keeps telling me it's spam, why is this happening?
Until new members reach a certain amount of posts they have their content strictly monitored for specific words, phrases, and other factors. If you are trying to send a PM and get this message about spam, there is something within it triggering the filter. If you are posting something on the forums, the Staff will have to manually review it before approving or declining it.

My post says it is waiting for moderator approval, what does that mean?
New members have their content go through a filter which puts it into a moderation queue. A Staff member has to manually review any posts flagged by this system - which can happen due to certain keywords, phrases, or spambot behaviors. As this is a manual process it can take time for content in the queue to be reviewed.

It will be fine after you get 10 posts on the forums.

I'm having the same problem right now, which is slightly frustrating as I had written out the start of a rp. So this is me trying the '10 posts in the forum' thing in the hope that it'll work

Thanks, this helped out greatly! I wish it were different, especially when someone else initiates a conversation from my request post and I don't want to come across as ignoring them.

Yep, same... Though I gotta say i find it kinda funny how the spam filter is basically forcing us to spam the forums with posts while trying to prevent spam X'D

Yep, same... Though I gotta say i find it kinda funny how the spam filter is basically forcing us to spam the forums with posts while trying to prevent spam X'D
Not 'spam' the forums, but engage in meaningful communication while learning the forum features better XD

Ah, so that is what is happening. Was kinda lost when the warning kept popping on up. Well good to know it will pass :csmile:

Am also having this problem- just posting a bunch of places to be able to hold a conversation is frustrating, but I guess I understand why they do it.

This is probably the most frustrating thing, since it pops up for some posts of mine, but not all of them. Or it'll be a word, lost in a huge sea of paragraphs. I understand the gentle push to be social, but I defo would just like to write with my friend, lmfao.

its now happening to me as well and its totally hindering my rps progress since i’m trying to send a character sheet! i’m about to go crazy

it happens to me quite a bit as well, so i guess i have to be social LOL.

Just happened to me today. I have no idea how to 'fix' it since it doesn't go into detail of why the post in 'spamlike' or 'inappropriate"

These are the common things that might trigger the filter, yes. Some other keywords too.
Try to get up to 10 posts and you'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back