My Introduction

Phyre

Fate of Creation
Hello everyone,

I am glad to have found this site and hope it leads to many good gaming sessions. Born and raised in southern California I now live in Arizona. I have been playing Tabletop RPGs for a long time. I have even ran a few games online in my life as well. Typically I have usually ran the game, because I guess I have usually been the one who wanted to talk the task. I do like to play as well, but in all honesty I am pretty picky with games I play and the groups I stay involved with.

Hopefully that has not scared anyone off. I am picky but I play with vigor. To me roleplaying is an art that I love to get into. No matter if I am playing or running a game you can be sure I get into my characters and games. I like to act, love to have games with characters that we bring off the character sheets into a "life" all their own. My gaming desire is to get emerged into my character or the system with a goal of entertaining.

I do not play for the combat, the treasure, the experience points. When I play it is for the fleshing out of characters and becoming someone I am not for a brief period of time with like minded individuals.

The types of games I have played and ran are many. Power gaming is not my style, creating house rules not my style, hack and slash and dungeon crawls are not my style. Give me a game that has a great plot, good cast of players and a referee that sets the imagination on full power! Yes, I know that everyone has their own way of enjoying an RPG. I respect the difference of others and understand some people just play for the friendship, or to hack everything to bits and avoid any in depth role-playing. There really is no one way to enjoy gaming, but if you don't know what you like and don't like in gaming you will experience a lot of ups and downs until you figure it out.

I don't like d20 games although I have played it many. If you are running an online game and think I would be a good fit. The games I like to play are listed below. Warning I am kind of old school so most of these games are older editions. I also do not posses all the books for the games mentioned but I have played them all and know I enjoy them. I can run any with an "*" next to it.

Any (Old) World of Darkness Games especially Werewolf the Apocalypse, Vampire the Masquerade, or Mage 2nd ed and its revised editions.

Legend of the Five Rings up to the 3rd edition.

*Exalted (especially the 2nd edition).

7th Seas

Cyber Punk 2020

Heavy Gear

Warhammer Fantasy

Any Warhammer 40k

Iron Kingdoms (non d20 game)

Deadlands

Anima Beyond Fantasy

Marvel Superheroes (TSR)

Any games outside of these written that you think I may have an interest in you are welcome to send me just message. Just know I am not interested in playing in playing a D&D game, nor Pathfinder type games. Yes I understand they are very popular games, but I just don't enjoy those games much so I rather not, especially that d20 games.

If you read all of that thank you very much.

Phyre

Hi there, Phyre. Welcome to RpNation! The Welcome to RpNation greeting page has a lot of useful links you'd want to check out.

Check out our Questions & Information forum for a list of rules, BBcode guide, and the staff list. If you can't find the answer to your question, you can always make your own question thread. Our staff are always happy to help and I'll also do my best to answer any questions you have.

The Discussion forums are open to chat about things such as general topics, creative topics, and roleplay topics.

You can also visit the Shoutbox, an awesome chatroom that is located on your top menu bar. Make sure to drop by some time and say hello!

Once you have made your 10 posts and have had an account for more than 24 hours, you can access our TeamSpeak server, start new conversations, make status messages, and post messages on other members' profiles. For more information, check out this thread.

Anyway, I hope to hear more of you in the future. Happy roleplaying!

Welcome to RpNation[/URL] greeting page has a lot of useful links you'd want to check out.
Check out our Questions & Information forum for a list of rules, BBcode guide, and the staff list. If you can't find the answer to your question, you can always make your own question thread. Our staff are always happy to help and I'll also do my best to answer any questions you have.

The Discussion forums are open to chat about things such as general topics, creative topics, and roleplay topics.

You can also visit the Shoutbox, an awesome chatroom that is located on your top menu bar. Make sure to drop by some time and say hello!

Once you have made your 10 posts and have had an account for more than 24 hours, you can access our TeamSpeak server, start new conversations, make status messages, and post messages on other members' profiles. For more information, check out this thread.

Anyway, I hope to hear more of you in the future. Happy roleplaying!
Thank you very much

Welcome, Phyre. I see Pai has you all set up with links, so I'll just say (as the most prolific GM where system-supported play is concerned) that I look forward to seeing you around, even if nothing in that PM appeals (which, having seen this, I am only more pleased to have sent).

Grey said:
Welcome, Phyre. I see Pai has you all set up with links, so I'll just say (as the most prolific GM where system-supported play is concerned) that I look forward to seeing you around, even if nothing in that PM appeals (which, having seen this, I am only more pleased to have sent).
Thank you Grey. I think I have realized that most of the people here like to just "role-play" sans rules. Am I right when I say there mostly people who want to chat in character with a lack of structure that is typical of a table-top game?

It's somewhat more layered than that. The 1x1s seem to be an exercise in wish-fulfilment for the most part - the kind of awkward escapist romance we all did at fourteen. Some treat it as a writing exercise.

The freeform groups go one of three ways - they want to chat and explore characters sans rules in a sandboxy environment, they treat roleplaying as a semi-serious literary exercise in collaborative writing, or they want a CRPG without the system but all the trappings (which gets very weird - I saw one yesterday with lengthy economic details, tiers of weapons and armour, magic... but no mechanics to support any of it).

I have enjoyed trying out some of the freeform roleplays, but they rarely hold my attention or spark my interest as effectively as the tabletop conversions.

Users who are viewing this thread