• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help My image links keep breaking (is this the right place?)

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Okay. So I have a CS and it has some images in it. And the images showed up. For so,emreason, though, the images dissapeared next time I looked at them with only the image link (url?) showing. It's only happened once and I fixed it by removing it and putting it back in but I want to make sure it doesn't happen again. So what happened?

Can you give the code?

Code:
[Tabs]

[tab=Basic Info]

Name: Mayhem Annabelle Rachel

Nicknames: May (this is how he prefers to be called)

Age (anywhere from 18 to 23): 20

Eye Color:

Hair Color: Blond

Lawyer Type (are you a defense attorney or a prosecutor): Prosecutor

[/tab]

[tab=Personal]

Sexuality: Unspecified.

High Concept: Crossdressing genius prosecutor.

Personality: Mayhem Annabelle Rachel will kill you if you call him by that name. It’s May and so what if that’s a girls name. You want a girl well here you freaking go! Aside from outbursts like this related to his name, May is a rather calm person. He will do his best to restrain himself when he feels like having an outburst. He’s usually calm under pressure but sometimes the antics of the courtroom get to him and he is completely exasperated. His insecurity regarding his name has resulted in him crossdressing.

History: Mayhem Annabelle Rachel was born to a family of stage magicians. They figured that if they gave him a stage name from birth he’d be more inclined to become a magician. It didn’t work. Instead May decided to become a lawyer, which he considered a more honorable profession than ridiculous parlor tricks. He also developed insecurities regarding his name. Nice going mom and dad.

[/tab]

[tab=Physical]

[imageFloat=Left][IMG]https://i.ibb.co/ngLM8PB/A7-C8-B809-D74-B-40-C8-A4-AE-AAD6-FA27-E96-E.jpg[/IMG][/imageFloat]

Items:

-Cell Phone: Standard issue smartphone. Nothing uber fancy about it.

-Deck of Cards: The only thing he has that connects him to his parents. He’s tried to get rid of it. Somehow it keeps coming back. Likes to absentmindedly shuffle it.

[imageFloat=right][IMG]https://i.ibb.co/cbJ2MBm/B3-E6-C912-0-F49-43-F0-8-B34-151-D7-E0-C04-FC.jpg[/IMG][/imageFloat]

-Satchel: He may dress like a girl but it’s still a satchel! He carries stuff in it.

[imageFloat=left][IMG]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7c/04/45/7c044551eb3603f955b60beef20c35e0.png[/IMG][/imageFloat]

Skills:

-Parlor Tricks: May still remembers some of the old tricks his parents taught him.

-Pattern Recognition: Amazingly good at finding patterns in things.

-Body Language Analysis: Carefully analyzes people for various ticks indicating emotions.

Weaknesses (say, what would you happen to consider a weakness):

-Insecure About His Name: May is super, super insecure about his name. He tries his best to contain it but it will usually result in an outburst if he’s called by his full name.

-Handwriting: His handwriting is atrocious. Good thing most people don’t use handwritten letters and documents anymore.

[/tab]

[tab=Fluff]

Quote(s):

“I told you to call me May!”

“Ladies and gentlemen of the court, please direct your attention to this picture of the crime. You should see that the defense’s argument is absolutely ridiculous.”

“So what if May’s a girls name! Shut up!”

“Not so fast. You forget that the murder weapon was not, in fact, this knife, as you just proved five minutes ago.”

“You’ve dug your own grave.”

Theme Song (optional) (does your character have a theme song):
[MEDIA=youtube]NA-tSeu4MTA[/MEDIA]

Other (optional) (anything else we need to know): He likes crossdressing, just in case it's not clear.

[/tab]

[/tabs]

Alright, so the images work fine for me but where they are hosted might be an issue. If a site's bandwidth is exceeded images may stop displaying or if a host doesn't want images to be directly linked there are ways for them to block it. Try hosting the images here on RpNation in a public album or using IMGUR as a host and then using those URLs.

If the images just aren't loading, as in there isn't a big broke picture with a red X showing, it means the image hasn't loaded rather than the image bring broken. This could mean the img from the server you pulled from could have timed out, your connection is too slow to load so it just doesn't after a period of time, or you're not giving it enough time to load. There are a ton of variables to consider as a possibility for this to be happening.

I don't think that's the problem. Some of these images (at least one) are linked via imgbb because I saved them and used that to convert them to links. Usually they don't do that.

did the forum creator edit your post? if they do that, it can break things like that. most likely, that was a one-off error due to the image hosting site hiccuping or your browser not loading the code correctly.

I think it's fixed. I've been parinoid and going back and checking on it every hour and it's fine now.
If image hosting sites create a problem with your images showing up in your bbcode next time, you may consider saving them and re-uploading them in a public album here on the site - that way you can just copy paste the direct image code from RPN. That should fix any instability issues :) as an alternative you can just "attach files" and do it that way though it can be a bit finicky (aka having to "re-attach" files, so the album upload and link method are superior)

i've also had the same problems with my images as well, all of my images replaced by the URL. i also cannot change the size of my pictures anymore

Can you elaborate? URLs automatically get changed to an https url for security reasons. Generally this doesn't affect anything.

Also, which image hosting sites are you all using? Not to throw other sites under the bus, but if one in particular is generally a problem, well, it's probably on their end. If it's several different ones, we'll keep looking on our end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back