• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy My hero, the werewolf

SolarRose

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Elaine was looking down at the letter in her hands, reading it for the sixth time. It had been a long day already and this was the icing on the cake. Just after the opening of her store, she got a call from her dad. Jonathan was on the hunt again. Looking for monsters that didn't really exist. Which meant he was going to drag her along at some point too. Then she realized her night clerk shorted the drawer almost 30 dollars again. How she hated to fire people but at this point there wasn't much of a choice. It was the fourth time it's happened. Then there was this. The letter sent to her by Todd, her ex it seemed. No, he couldn't break up face to face with her. He had to break up via letter using her own FedEx account. In the letter, he clearly stated he needed someone to make him look better. He wanted eye candy and she wasn't it. At least the bustling city had lots to offer for distractions. Like there was a large zoo, nearby mountains, and forests. Lots of camping and even a few really nice lakes. In town was the blossoming club district. Her favorite was a club called Sanctuary. Known for their bands and chocolate cream-filled begets. Tonight, however, Elaine just wanted to go home.

It was already late when she stepped out of the store. Her hair was still pulled up in a dark lazy bun. wearing blue jeans and a creamy crop top with a jacket over it. A comfortable outfit for a long day of work. At least the first stars had started to dapple the night sky. There were just enough clouds to hide the rising moon as they floated across the dusk sky. Keys jingled in her hands as she finished locking up. Only to turn around and find Todd standing there with two of his friends. Confusion was written across Elaine's face until she realized what was about to happen. Not only had Todd Broken up with her. But he was going to rob her store as well.

"Hi Elaine. Still crying over me I see. what did a pudgy girl like you expect? Now either hand over the story keys or we're going to have to get ruff and break a few things." His Naselled voice rang out. The other two laughed low so as not to draw too much attention.

Yes she had been crying and the fact he called her out on it only made things worst. But the fact he was going to rob her only made her mad. If she could just get to the gun under the counter. Without getting hurt in the process. "Sorry Todd, the alarm is already set for the night. and my keys?" Quickly she shoved them through her drop box. "I dropped them" Now if they were only stupid enough to believe that was her only set.
One of the smaller shop windows shattered behind her, showing that they weren't joking when they said to open the place up or get hurt. The sound of breaking glass drew a short squeal of fear from her lips. Was this really happening? Now? After everything else today? Soon another window burst. Thankfully she had paid for the bard inside her shop just in case something like this ever happened. However, it didn't ease the fear running through her as she ducked down, pulling her hands over her head. As if that would really help anything.

Elaine 1618a69a12546cd1dd876033e836e79f.jpg
Outfit #7

Calibutcher Calibutcher

Corrian scratched at his neck again, "Damn I'm itchy" he grumbled. the hair along his neck was sprouting in the half moon. He kept his hood pulled up well past his face. He held a cup of coffee in his other hand and tried to take another sip of the blessed liquid. His half muzzle spilled liquid down his shirt as he tried to drink. he sighed, it was probably time for him to start making his way out of town. The moon was halfway through its phase to the full moon and people were starting to look at him weird even with all the work he did to try and stay covered up. Now he had an awkward shuffle as he walked and the mask he usually wore to cover his face didn't properly fit anymore. He was pretty sure that when he bought his coffee at the gas station the clerk was worried he was going to rob the place.

He turned down a new road and tried to remember how to get out of this town again. He would have to scratch out a living in the woods again until he was human enough to come back. He inhaled deeply and tried to pick up the scent of trees. It was hard to make out the scent but he thought he was heading the right way. He itched his neck again and looked further along the sidewalk in front of him. He saw a woman leaving a store and three guys start a conversation with her. He looked across the street and was going to cross to the other side when he heard glass break. A growl escaped his throat unbidden and his pulse quickened. He looked closer to see what was happening. Three men ganging up on one girl. Cruel even by his standards. He quickened his pace and began running, albeit awkwardly he got there in time to slam into the first man as he raise a hand to backhand the girl.

It was not a well-calculated move and he stumbled before regaining his balance. The two friends of what he supposed were the leader cried out in alarm but not seeing a reason to be afraid of a foe they outnumbered quickly closed in on him and began hitting him. Corrian took several hits staggering back another step before his growl erupted into a roar and a bark. He ripped back his hood and revealed his misshapen and hairy face. His elongated jaw snapped at the air with jagged teeth and he swung a meaty fist back knocking one over and slamming the other into the wall.

Todd now behind him took the opportunity to hit Corrian with a short wooden baton. A howl of rage and pain erupted anew and Corrian whipped around and with animal instinct bit Todd on the arm. The man yelped and dropped the Baton. "Stick around and I'll make a meal of you!" Corrian barked. The now injured men decided they didn't want to stick around here anymore. Corrian wiped his maw clean and bent over and picked up the Baton. He slipped it into a pocket and grunted. He pulled his hood up again and looked down at the girl. "You ok?" He grunted. He expected her to run and scream like all the others and then he would leave town before the police came. What did it matter? He didn't think sticking around was worth it and began to walk away.

Why was this happening? Oh right. Because she didn't want to be alone anymore and Todd seemed interested in her. Well, he was interested long enough for her to help him get the job he wanted. Give him the down payment on his car. And cleaned up his finances. Now this was how he thanked her. Elaine was sure this was going to hurt as she closed her eyes and curled up. Bracing herself to be struck. Only the blow never came. Instead, the sounds of a struggle rang out. One eye opened as she took a few steps back. Only to find her back against the bars of her store.

As the mask was pulled away, she froze. There was no words for what she was looking at. He wasn't human. He was... was... "W-wait." Her voice cracked under the strain it took to talk. Why was she stopping him? Maybe because he helped her. If it hadn't just happened, she would have laughed. Or was it that she had finally snapped and was seeing things? Before she could think on it anymore, Elaine took a few hurried steps in the direction of the stranger. "I am ok... thank you." Her voice still shaking. trying to hold in the fear, tears, rage, and delirious ravings of what just happened.

Closing her eyes, she counted to three. If her boutique was still a mess then she would know it really happened. Although a part of her was hoping everything would be right as rain. It wasn't surprising that her windows were still shattered. That meant... the man. But he didn't look like a man. That beast? No, he didn't act like a beast. Did he need a place? She could have at least offered money, a drink. Something. "This is nuts." She muttered before piping up again. "Can I get you something for the trouble?" He was a... something. Did she really think it wise to befriend such a thing? At least he didn't call her fat.

He was used to being ignored, screamed at, or the stunned silence of fear as people saw him. The three men who had run away were prime examples of how most people reacted to him. Walking away now was the best thing he could do. Keep himself distant from all the humans that wanted nothing to do with him. Unlike most people, she actually answered his question. She was ok. he supposed that was a good thing but kept walking. The urge to leave grew as he expected her to call the cops or start calling for help.

Yet... he stopped. Can she get him something? This was a joke right? A cruel ruse, some kind of trap or deception. But he was curious now. he turned his head to look at her. Her offer intrigued him. Mostly because he was hungry. The coffee he had drunk was upsetting his stomach now as he had not eaten anything in.. he wondered when he had eaten last. Yesterday? He scratched at his neck again. He sniffed at the air and tilted his head slightly. "Got any food?" His stomach was doing the talking for him now. but if he could score an easy meal he wouldn't complain. He wondered if she really understood who she was talking to. Perhaps she did not see him properly he tugged at his hood again and pulled up his mask. Maybe he could deceive her long enough to get a free meal. That would be worth the trouble.

After calling out to him, he stopped. Even turned and headed back in her direction a hair. What had she been thinking? Besides this had been the kindest thing anyone had ever done for her. He was a stranger and yet he stopped the others. "Food?" Elaine parroted back the question like she didn't understand. More like she wasn't sure what to feed him. Was he a man or beast? How did she even ask? Shifting, the broken glass crunched underfoot.

"Um I don't have any food here." Her words were soft with her wine-colored eyes pointed to the ground. Not wanting to upset him. "I also need to call the police still and give a report." Yeah, like that was going to fly well. Not that she would tell them about the man that saved her. "If you could wait around. Maybe an hour then I can get you whatever you want to eat. As long as the bill is under 30$"

She hasn't even called the cops yet, but their sirens were blazing in the distance. "The store alarm." She sighed. Turning to look at the camera that was focused on them. "Make that 45 minutes or less?" If she was lucky then she could get away without handing over the footage. Especially since she wanted to review it herself. I can let you into the store while I give my report. I have water and mints. Oh and half a sandwich is left from lunch. If that works for now?"

He nodded as she questioned if his desire was really as simple as food. He didn't expect much. Could he have asked for more? People were so rarely forthcoming with kindness that he couldn't be sure what was acceptable to ask for. If this was a simple request he figured that would be fine. His desire really was that simple. His heart sank a bit to hear she didn't have any food. He just thought that would be the end of it then, she had no food to give him and so he would be on his way. He shrugged and grunted. The mention of the police had him on edge. He didn't really understand what the police were for but he understood that people normally talked about them in a negative way. He wanted to avoid that. "No police." He bade, he didn't want to get involved in whatever these people hailed by sirens and harsh flashing lights would bring.

His interest was renewed at the mention of buying him food. $30 was a lot of money to him for food. He had only ever been able to score odd jobs helping people move or intensive landscaping jobs requiring him to move large amounts of material. Home Depot and Lowes parking lots were popular places for him to discover the kind of cash work he could do. He licked his lip renewed by the entreaty for what he thought would be a lot of food.

He flinched and turned his head towards the sound of sirens, he growled briefly. "loud." He twitched his head as they began to draw nearer. He took another step back and looked at the girl one more time. He tried to remember her face. Maybe he could find her later after the police left. Her invitation to hide in the store was sweetened by the promise of half a sandwich. "Ok sandwich now, but don't talk about me to Police." He slunk over towards the door and waited for her to open it so he could slip inside. He could do a decent job of making himself inconspicuous. He would be certain to do so now.

"Yeah, I guess they can be loud." Elaine replied, pulling out her spare set of keys. At least the bars had held up. "Get inside and don't worry, I won't." Man, how she felt like she was hiding a criminal. How foolish. If she got caught it would be the end of everything. Thankfully the door was closed and relocked just in time for the first car to show up. The red and blue lights flashing. Drawing extra attention to what had happened there.

Calmly she stood there in front of the store talking. It had to of been a good hour, maybe two talking to the police.

"Any witnesses mama?"

"No, Well, there was the guy who stopped Todd and his friends. But he ran off as well.

"Can we see your camera footage?"

"Yes, however, they haven't been working very well and I don't know how much they caught. They flicker in and out. Not sure why."

"Sounds like a short in your wiring. You might want to call and have that fixed. Do you need us to call to have the glass cleaned up?"

"No, I got it. But I'll have that footage for you tomorrow. If there is any. ok?"

"Very well."

With the windows busted out. There was no privacy in her conversation. At least not from the stranger that she let into her store. A new fear sunk in. What if he robbed her? He was in there, alone. Some of her jewelry pieces caused as much as 400$. Plus the cash that was still in her drawer for tomorrow. Well, most of it was in view through the windows. But the stock in back was just as hidden as the man was. Once the last person was gone, she headed back into her shop. "Um... mister?" Elaine called out. Exchanging names would have been smart. If she had only thought about that before now. "Are you still here? I'm almost finished." She called as she looked around for him. There was still the matter of cleaning up the glass and then she could take him to eat if that's what he wanted.

He shuffled anxiously as he waited for her to open the door. The sirens drew closer and his window to flee or hide was quickly waning. She pulled out keys and he quickly slipped inside. Once there he found his way around the store easily enough. He followed his nose to find the fridge with the sandwich first. He was still on edge about trusting her but the time to worry about that fled once she locked him inside.

He hid his fears by devouring the sandwich she left. His ear twitched again as the sirens finally went silent, and the flashing lights played off the walls of the store. He made certain to stay away from the lights that would surely give away his presence in the store. His head tilted towards the window as he heard mention of her explaining how Todd was scared away. She did not mention him precisely, the thought of him being on recording concerned him. If that footage was submitted he would need to leave town maybe even the state. She did not offer the footage and offered excuses as to the camera footage.

He grew bored of the conversation after that and sat on the floor and drank a bottle of water. He got rather comfortable and at some point entered the stage between sleep and still being awake. He didn’t let himself drift off fully but found himself rather comfortable inside a building where no one sought to actively shoo him away.

It wasn’t until her voice called out to him that he was startled back to reality. He scrabbled to his feet and peeked his head around the corner. “I’m here.” was his groggy reply. He did not see any police cars and stepped out further. “Almost finished?” He pondered aloud. “They are gone and the matter is settled right?” He figured the store would be fine now after the trouble he caused here. “We should go and eat.” He insisted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back