• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
CODE / ARKNIGHT
Charles Reiss IV
The weight of tradition

In a blink of an eye, both the warmth he felt on his left hand and his chest were gone. It felt weird, a feeling of incompleteness. But maybe that would give him time to cool down and clear his mind. He nodded his head when ( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) she gave him a thumbs up, feeling a bit awkward. He turned his eyes to the moved, his cheeks burning with the embarrassment. The memory of her sleeping face, and when she was looking up at him shyly from his chest, were too vivid on his memory for him to think about anything else.

As much as he tried, he saw himself glance at the purple-haired girl time and time again. Luckily for him, or maybe for them, they didn’t catch each other’s gaze. His fingers were tapping lightly against the armrest of the chair he was sitting on. In quick succession, they hit the object, starting from his pinky and working up to his index. His left hand move to the hilt of his sword, the tip of his index finger tracing the ornate designs of it.

He cheeks were getting flushed by each passing moment. After 10 minutes, he was certainly looking like a tomato. It was then that he was suddenly surprised with the girl putting her arms around him and pulling him closer for a peck on his cheek. Even though she was so fast that he didn’t have a chance to react to it, when her lips made the quick contact with his cheeks, he felt an undescribable feeling. He turned to face her immediately, only to see her looking away. He managed to see the redness of her face near her ears. His heart started to race even faster than it already was. He kept watching her, until she turned back to face him. His eyes drowned in hers, her start-shaped pupils ever so alluring. With her declaring her feelings for him, despite his rose-red cheeks, he smiled - “She… she said it!”. He did his best to keep himself in check, otherwise he would have just tried to kiss her once again, then and there.

Both of his hands moved to her right one, taking and holding it with great care. Leaning forward, he planted a soft kiss on the back of her hand. When he moved back to face her again, it looked his blushing intensified. He petted her hand gently with his right hand, while his left gave it support - “I also like you darling… a lot” - he managed to say it, trying to play it cool and show he had absolutely no difficulty with it, but failing miserably. The urge of averting his eyes from hers was overwhelming, but he managed to fight it off, keeping his gaze unwavering. He simply didn’t say anything, but just kept looking at her, as if trying to imprint every bit of her features into his mind - “W-what a hell are you doing? Do you want to creep her out?” - that thought came rushing into his mind, making him break his eye contact with an embarrassed laugh - “D-darling… do… do you want to go somewhere else?”

Bryn Evan-Miles
Back in his definitely-not-a-knockoff-plugsuit outfit on the training ground Bryn ran an extra diagnostic on his suit's power supply to make certain the shocks he had received from IQ the previous day hadn't done any damage that had gone unnoticed after the exercise, satisfied he wasn't especially likely to catch fire in the next ten minutes or at least the next five he raised a hand. "I'll stick with the 'distraction' team, if I can get my hands on a couple of them once they're disabled I can make something very distracting." Rubbing his hands together he chuckled evilly to himself. "Anyone want to come with? I might let you drriiive."

Akemi Tajima
In contrast to Bryn's slightly worrying enthusiasm Akemi was wondering why she'd even bothered to show up, her quirk didn't even work on machines and while she'd heard about what IQ had done to the mech yesterday she wouldn't be able to aim that precisely. Rather than give into the urge to admit defeat and slip away she searched around until she found the larger shape of Haruto and sidled up next to him, if nothing else the spider boy had extra eyes she could make use of. "Heya, wanna stick together Ha-ru-to-kun~?" Drawing out the syllables she slipped an arm into one of his.

Haze- Haze- Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher Archdemon Archdemon SilverInu SilverInu Deathkitten Deathkitten

amara.pngAmara
"You're like an animated princess," Amara giggled, smiling so sweetly, "The birds must appreciate you, then. Food and kindness are key to animals. People can be alike, you know? Some people just want a bit of kindness in their life... and a bit of food." She giggled again, blushing slightly. She felt like what she said was so silly, a little embarrassing, "Ah... but... yeah, you look like you made a squirrel friend."

Her smile somehow got even sweeter and more caring as she saw his expression shift, "I just hope I can be strong enough to help people, you know? My quirk is really suited to combat, though, more than rescue. So how I gotta get stronger is unfortunately through fighting. The teacher went a little overboard though. It really shows me how far I still have to go. I guess that's what school is for!" Amara reached out and offered a finger to the squirrel, wanting to see if it would let her pet it. Instead, it thought her finger might be food.

Despite the little beastie chewing on her finger, she was unharmed, it was unable to get through her quirk. That much force wasn't enough to make her sick, so she saw no problem with it. The squirrel was so confused, though! It couldn't bite into this nut. She didn't seem to mind one bit, chuckling as she watched the squirrel, "Well that's not exactly petting you..." She didn't seem to mind that she was nearly touching this stranger, either. She was far too trusting.

Absollover77 Absollover77

Alirah-framed pic.png
Alirah Hoshino | “Koshi” | Quirk: Light Warping

⸺ ★ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ★ ⸻▹・༺❀༻・◃⸻ ★ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ ★ ⸺​

As Charles said that he liked her quite a lot and kissed her hand, she was left with a warm fuzzy feeling bubbling up inside. A bright smile appeared onto her face, although she was still very flushed. She noticed that Charles was also quite flushed as well. ‘This is real isn’t it?’ All of the events that had caused the two to move closer to each other had nearly felt like a dream to Alirah. She still couldn’t quite believe any of this was actually happening. However, Charles’ actions at this very moment are only further cementing the fact that it is indeed very real, that what she is feeling isn’t a dream, but a blissful reality.

When Charles broke eye contact, Alirah turned her head away and flashed her eyes around the theater. It appeared that the movie was ending and the other people that had been in the theater were leaving. Then suddenly, Alirah’s stomach let out a slight growl of hunger. It had been a while since they had those crepes and so much had happened in between then and now. She was quite famished from all of the activity. Her head turned back to look at Charles. “I think it’s time for some lunch… I saw a place earlier when we were on our way into the theater.” Alirah then bent over to pick her backpack off of the floor with her left hand and heaved it up onto her lap. Afterwards she gently slid her right hand out of Charles’ hands so that she could fixate her backpack onto her back. After that, she clasped his left hand with her right. “...Darling, let’s go!” She said his nickname more confidently this time, but it still wasn’t easy.

Alirah waited for Charles’ to gather anything that they’d need to throw away, like the popcorn remains. Then she basically picked Charles up out of his seat completely with her own strength and dragged him out of the theater. She then led them over to a garbage receptacle to throw away the popcorn tub. Alirah then turned to look at him and smiled cutely. “I hope you don’t mind running again. Because I am very hungry!” She then looked forwards and eyed the joint that they’d be going to. It wasn’t that far off from their current location. After locating the place, Alirah ran off and pulled Charles along with her. She went at a slower pace so that Charles could keep up.

Almost a minute later, Alirah stopped at the place where they would be eating lunch. It was a spacious cafe with not many people in it. There were large windows that shone natural light in from the outside, giving the cafe a nice cozy atmosphere. “This is the place!” She said as she looked at Charles with a warm smile. She then walked into the place the rest of the way, still tugging Charles with her right hand in his left. Once they got all the way in, they would see the menu was quite sizable. Alirah scanned the menu for a few seconds before her eyes landed onto a “loaded tuna tomato wrap” which was described as fresh tuna salad being wrapped into a tomato based tortilla. “Hmm.. I want that! What about you Darling? What do you want to eat?” She pointed to the tomato wrap on the menu and looked at Charles as she inquired about what he wanted to eat.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻
Interactions: Maxxob Maxxob (Charles)

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Charles Reiss IV
The weight of tradition

Charles was also feeling quite hungry at that moment. While the popcorn had been a temporary fill, it was time for them to have a real lunch - “I certainly could go for some lunch right now!” - he nodded at ( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) her suggestion, letting her hand go, temporarily, so she could fix her backpack onto her back. He then returned the strong grip of her hand, gripping back at her petite hand with as much vigor as she was holding his hand - “Lead the way, darling!” - he grabbed the few stray popcorns that were in their seats, putting them inside the now empty tub and, afterwards, grabbed it with his right hand.

He was then basically lifted by her and dragged outside the film theatre with an unexpected and impressive strength - “S-she… she is way stronger than I imagined… hehehe…” - he thought to himself, a droplet of sweat falling from the back of his head. Then, that was expected, since the few times he ended up hugging, he had felt the firm, lean muscles Alirah had. When he noticed, the dustbin was already in front of him and threw the tub in it, without delay. Saying her adorable smile, which was a stark contrast with what she had just said, he smiled wryly, trying to pass a confident demeanour - “I am always up for a good workout!” - even though the young aristocrat said that, in truth, he was wondering if he would even be able to keep up with her. And with that, they were off, running throughout the halls of the shopping mall.

At first, Charles straggled quite a bit, managing after some effort to keep up with her, not even noticing that she had, in fact, slowed down, so he would not be dragged to her chosen eating place. When they reached the café, he tried his best to hide the fact that he was slightly winded, opening a large smile as he looked at the place - “Wow, it looks pretty cosy. And even better, not that many people in it” - he looked at the girl holding his hand, never being tired of looking at her bright, reinvigorating smile. For a moment, his gaze shifted slightly to her under lip. It was but a single instant, before she dragged him once again, this time towards the inside of the place and towards one of the table.

When they got to one of the tables, the chairs were positioned one in front of the other. The young heir, however, did notice that said tables were big enough for two people to sit side by side, without any problem. With that, he went over to the empty chair, grabbing it with both hands and placing it besides the purple-haired girl’s chair, before sitting down beside her. Satisfied with it, he looked at the very menu she was holding, getting his face close to hers, not being further than 2 inches of hers, to have a better angle of what was written in it - “Mmmm…” - he made a low hum, seeing what would be best for his lunch - “I will take a gander and choose exactly the same, darling! I’m pretty sure you have good taste” - he gave her a confident smile - “Oh and a bottle of sparkling water, please” - he smiled gently, first looking at Alirah, then his gaze shifting to the waitress as she went off to give their order to the kitchen staff.

“I am surprised, darling. I swear I didn’t catch a glimpse of this place in our way to the film theatre. It is clear I am not the only one with extreme attention to detail” - he said, praising her awareness. His left hand was back on her right one, holding it with a firm grip, albeit gently. It wasn’t too long until their food arrived. The chosen plate had a delicious look to it, and Charles sure hope it tasted like it looked. Regretfully, the young British man had to let go of Alirah’s hand, as it would be impossible for them to eat that dish while their hands were clasped. With fork and knife in had, he cut a small piece of the delicious looking tortilla, bringing it to his mouth without much hurry. With the first few seconds of chewing it, he knew he had made the right choice by following the purple-haired girl own choice.

Alirah-framed pic.png

‘He’s eating a sandwich wrap with a knife and a fork?.....Strange.’ Alirah watched as Charles started into his food with an eyebrow raised slightly. She was quite surprised by how he decided to eat the wrap…. ‘Wouldn’t it fall apart if he eats it like that? What if the wrap isn’t secure?’ She then moved her eyes over to her plate and inspected her own wrap for a few seconds. She looked to the ends of it and it seemed to be wrapped securely enough. ‘Well… I guess he can eat it how he wants.’ Afterwards, she took a mini hand sanitizer out of her backpack, because of course she would kill the germs on her hands before eating. She squeezed some out onto her hands, rubbed them together and waited for the sanitizer to dry for a few seconds. Then she put the sanitizer away and began to dig in.

First, she took a knife and cut the wrap in half. Afterwards Alirah picked up one of the halves with her hands and chomped into it. Then she placed it back onto her plate. She looked over to Charles. He did seem to enjoy the flavor. ‘At least he likes it.’ She knodded to herself in approval then continued to chew the half that she had bitten out of until it was reduced to nothing. She took a drink of some water and went onto the next half. Once again using her hands to eat it, similar to how one would eat a burrito.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

Kana "Kinetica" Kobayashi
Satisfied that no one seemed badly hurt and the doctor had those that had taken a hit covered Kana left them to it and headed back to where she had left Makoto with Emrik. Back in front of the dorm Makoto curiously watched the older boy check Amara over then mumbled a subdued "yeah.." at the suggestion of going to the canteen visibly disappointed but just as clearly not surprised at his mother's sudden departure.

"A raid on Lunch Rush's loot is it?" Kana said as she rejoined them having overheard Emrik. "Mama!" Instantly perking up glowing pulses could again be seen flowing across Makoto's body as he launched himself upward into his mother's arms with a burst of speed, not expecting her to be back so soon he was determined not to be left behind again. "Woah there! Careful with that Mako-chan. Sorry to take off like that you two, it was only a little bit of trouble though. Now about that dessert..." Setting Makoto back on the ground she took his hand, beaming the child looked up at Emrik and held out his other hand.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Aiko Shikaru// Savior// Class 1C 'Nurse'
Quirk-Operating Room: She can create a transparent sphere of up to 60 feet around her to serve as an 'operating room' for spatial manipulation skills!
Power: 1
Speed: 2
Technique: 6
Intelligence: 4
Cooperativeness: 4
Tomboy: 7

Aiko chewed thoughtfully on the last of her fruit rollup, eyes on Sean and offering a polite smile. "Interesting suggestion, Sean-san. However, based off your body language, tone of voice, and your word choice...hmm. I'm detecting a good degree of animosity towards me being here. Me being on the opposing side would likely only compound this issue, which could be unhealthy in the long run. Stress can result in an early death and heart disease. The less hands-on I am in this lesson, the better I think." As Akira voices his concerns over Aiko getting involved she offered a small smile, nodding once to affirm what he had said. "Yep, 'Do no harm' is part of my oath as a doctor. Being a hero, I have to balance the two of them, it's a fine line I gotta balance. And I mean, on technicalities sake, I've never 'harmed' anyone, you know?" As the avian student spoke up about the possibility of broken bones and deep bruises Aiko nodded once again, speaking up. "Well said! Which is why I'm here!"

Aiko leaned against a tree, hands in her coat pockets. "If things get too messy, I'll get involved to help you guys out. But until then, I'm just here to make sure no one gets hurt too severely or anything bad happens." Producing a package of pistachios from her pocket she tore it open, popping one into her mouth and chewing it thoughtfully. "As far as I know, principal Nezu hasn't touched any of the programmings, though I could be proven wrong."
RDT_20211009_1303125851396280524051825.png

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Charles Reiss IV
The weight of tradition

Charles took his time while eating. Each bit he put in his mouth was chewed thoroughly, not only for him to enjoy every bit of flavour the food had, but so he could enjoy that peaceful moment with ( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) Alirah. He noticed that, before she started eating, she was sanitizing her hand with a product from inside her backpack - “Wait… why is she doing that?” - he wondered, not trying to stare to whatever she was doing, but his curiosity was getting the better, his eyes peering at her from the very corner of them. While eating, he certainly had to be careful about the inner connect of his tortilla. While each of the ends securely held the contents of the delicious wrap together, he would have no such comfort as he made his way to the middle of it.

Each piece he brought to his own, after the very end of it, was actually simply lying on top of the fork, instead of being skewered by it. While it would certainly have been awkward for someone without much experience eating like that, the young heir moved the hand holding the fork masterfully, showing perfect balance in his grip of the metallic pronged cutlery. When his eyes darted to the corner again, he saw the purple-haired girl holding a knife - “Oh, so she is going to end up eating the knife and fork after all?” - but he was shown wrong, oh so very wrong, as he used the knife only to split her tortilla in two and held it like a sandwich in her hands - “Mmmm… w-well… to each their own, I guess” - he came to the conclusion that she should eat however she thinks is the best. He kept on eating his own, stopping to drink the sparkling water, in which his glass had not only a nice ice cube in it, but also a slice of lemon, giving the water an even higher sense of refreshment. He turned towards Alirah, giving her a warm smile.

Alirah-framed pic.png

A few minutes went by and Alirah had finished her tomato wrap. Alirah pushed her now empty plate away from her slightly and towards the middle of the table. She spotted the lemon still on Charles’ glass before she went to stretch her arms up above her head. She bent her body backwards over her seat to stretch out her back. On the way back up to her original position Alirah brought her right hand up to the top of Charles’ head and ruffled his hair playfully. “Heheh. You don’t mind if I take that lemon, yeah?” She then swooped her right hand in front of him and took the lemon from off of his sparkling water glass without waiting for him to reply. She turned to face him and flashed a cheeky smirk. “It’s mine now!” She held it up and bit into it. She then turned her head away and started happily sucking out the lemon juice before eating the rest of the lemon fully until nothing except the peel was left.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Charles Reiss IV
The weight of tradition

Charles was on his few last bites of the tortilla, when ( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) Alirah’s hand move on top of his head, ruffling his hair. He really wanted to protest it, as it made him feel like just like a little kid. But as much as he tried to gather strength to do it, he could not, as it felt just too good. So much so that he couldn’t even process her next question, still focused on the feeling of her slender fingers, messing up his wavy, brown hair - “Wait! Tha-!” - snapping out of the blissful petting, he simply wasn't fast enough to demand explanations. A cheeky smile was all he could see, before the slice of lemon was taken to her mouth, softly bitten into it. Then, when she turned away, leaving him slightly bewildered.

He took his glass of sparkling water and brought it to his mouth. Gulp after gulp, he drank every bit of the liquid, glad the citric flavour still permeated it. When he was done, he returned the cup to the table, turning his head once again to gaze upon the lemon-eater, he saw a single line of peel being left from it. He watched just as she took it out of her mouth, staring for a few seconds, quickly turning away and clearing his throat - “A-anyway, w-weren’t you going to buy us something, darling? Our friendship gifts?” - he wondered, thinking that he might have forgotten about it after all the confusion and the events of that day. While he asked, he motioned the waitress to bring them the check, promptly paying it with hard cash. They had to wait a bit before the change was brought to him - “Do you already have a place in mind?” - he inquired, appearing to be deeply in thought as well. His chin was supported by his right hand, while his right arm, in turn, was supported by the table. The fingers on his left hand tapped in quick-succession on the table, while he waited for her response.

1637266349936.png
Name: Odessa Fuyumi
Hero Name: Phantessa
Quirk: Chaos Nightmare
Odessa thought for a moment about Mr. Gao's Maxxob Maxxob input. "I think murder is wrong, of course. I mean, if you have no choice, then maybe it can be acceptable. But, if you have a choice to kill the criminal or just incapacitate them, then I would suggest incapacitating them. Sure, they may at some point escape, or something, and attack innocent people, but that doesn't give heroes the right to kill them. There has to be a better way that benefits everyone. Besides, if we kill criminals, where would that leave us? Without work. What would we do? What would be the purpose of having quirks?" Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she paused to look at it. Her mother. Odessa pocketed her phone and continued. "Of course, that shouldn't be our incentive to spare their lives. How would you view someone who killed someone else? I personally have seen two people get killed. They were innocent and I knew them very well, but I wouldn't want their murderer dead. Not really. Maybe receive some form of punishment. I just can't imagine justifying murder, though." Now, her phone vibrated with a text. She really needed to talk to her, but she didn't want to be rude when she was a part of a conversation. Odessa briefly glanced at her phone and frowned. She would worry about that afterwards.
Castello Castello

Alirah-framed pic.png

At the reminder of the friendship gifts that Alirah had promised to get them, her eyes widened and her mouth gaped open. "Holy- how could I have forgotten that?!" Alirah wasn't the type to break promises and the events that happened earlier caused her to nearly forget about how she had promised to get friendship gifts for Azuza, Charles, and her. She wouldn't be able to forgive herself for forgetting her promise.

Alirah slammed the table enthusiastically and stood up as she did so. She then grabbed her backpack and quickly slipped it on. She looked at Charles, "Darling, let's go!" Alirah grasped his left hand with her right and yanked him out of his chair. Afterwards, she took off into the direction of the cafe doors with him, leaving the waitress to clean their table.

Alirah didn't exactly have an idea of where some keychains would be but regardless of this, she was determined to find them. Once they got out into the main part of the mall Alirah stopped so that Charles could have a chance to breathe. While stopped, she bounced her eyes around in every direction. 'If I was a keychain where would I be?' Alirah walked a few steps forward to get a different viewing angle and continued searching around with her eyes. 'Would this mall have a gift shop for tourists?' Alirah then started to look around for gift shops after she narrowed down what she needed to look out for. Alirah looked to Charles, "Why don't you help me search around for a gift shop? Two pairs of eyes are better than one!"

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Charles Reiss IV
The weight of tradition

At this point, Charles already had got used to, whenever his hand was clasped, dashing in the very same direction the ( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) purple-haired girl was facing. And this time, it was certainly no different. Seeing her enthusiasm in beginning her search for the friendship gifts, the young aristocrat also felt the tiredness and laziness of post-lunch be forcefully ejected from his body - “Yes, let’s!” - he answered her, already rushing behind, following her lead. They ran, making their way out of the café. It looked like all the running he was doing together with the girl was already showing their positive effects. His breathing was not as desperate as it was the other times, being constant. He controlled it, keeping at a steady rhythm. His leather shoes slammed against the ground with each step, the sound echoing through the not-so-full halls.

Once both of them go to the main part of the hall, the young heir placed both his index and middle finger against his own exposed throat, checking how his pulse was. While it was racing, it certainly wasn’t anything out of the ordinary. He couldn’t help, but smirk to himself, looking a bit downwards at first and then at the girl - “I am coming for you, darling. Slowly, but steadily..”. That only lasted a moment, since he started to also looking around the area, trying to find a gift shop. And then came the girl’s suggestion: split up to look for it. The young British man agreed that it would be the most effect way for them to find such a shop - “Agreed, darling! Whoever finds it first will text the other person, so they can meet outside the store, okay?” - he smiled in her direction, blowing her a kiss, following it with a wink, turning around and walking off with confident steps.

Moving around, the young Reiss made sure to pay attention to every place he looked at. At one point, he stopped in front of a curious antique store. Never in his wildest dreams, he thought it would be possible to find a place such as that inside a shopping mall. Getting close to the big window, which allowed ample vision of the inside of the place, he approached his face close enough that his nose brushed slightly against the cold glass. His eyes darted around the place, identifying way too many things in i, such as: ancient-looking tabards, a glass case with several sheathed swords (or at least that is what he supposed those were) and, in the very centre of the room, the main attraction.

There lied, inside a display case, a full set of samurai armour. The armour was in a sitting position, almost as if someone was wearing it. The metallic carapace sported a dark shade of purple, with white motifs. In the very middle of the chest plate, an emblem could be seen. The family crest constituted of a white lotus, designed in white and blue, with five petals, small yin-yang around it, matching the number of petals. The designed alternated between both symbols. Charles looked at it, almost mesmerized by the piece. Then, it hit him, that was not what he was supposed to be looking for.

Reluctantly stopping his window-shopping, he stepped back and continued in the same direction as before. The very next store, a big sign: gift store, in front of it. The brown-haired boy shrugged, not thinking much of it, texting Alirah and giving her directions to the story. After sending the text, he took a selfie, also sending it, showing his tongue, playfully.

Alirah-framed pic.png
Location: Wandering the mall with a crow >> Oh a gift shop? Yay!

Alirah played along and caught the kiss the Charles blew and trapped it in her hands. After watching him leave she turned around and decided to search in the opposite direction. She briskly walked around for quite a bit before stopping in her tracks. ‘It’s not over here….’ She had searched the general area a bunch of times but to no avail. Alirah then lazily walked back to where she started and flopped onto some lounge chair that was outside of a hair salon. ‘Well… I guess I’ll just wait for him to find one.’ Alirah looked rather dejected that she couldn’t find even a single gift shop.

Alirah sighed and then positioned her head to look at the ceiling. Alirah blinked her eyes slowly a few times and after the fourth time, she spotted the crow who was now suddenly sitting on a pipe up close to the ceiling. ‘Is that her? From earlier?’ Alirah tilted her head to the left. The crow then looked into Alirah’s direction. Alirah blinked again and the crow was gone…. Or was it? Alirah felt something land on her left shoulder a second later. “Oh!” She turned her head to see that that crow was indeed the same crow from earlier. “Hey~ Welcome back!” Alirah rubbed the crow’s head lightly to greet it.

The crow then examined Alirah’s arms for a moment with its eyes. She then looked up to Alirah then back in the direction of her wrists. The crow then climbed behind Alirah’s head and then hopped down her right arm. “Oh, h-hey what are you doing? That tickles!” The bird stopped on her wrist then looked up at Alirah and stared at her. “What? Is there something on my face?” The crow blinked and shook it’s head. She then hopped up and down on Alirah’s wrist a few times. “Hey- why are you doing that?”

Then a thought occurred to Alirah. ‘Is this about the bracelet? The crow stopped hopping on Alirah’s wrist and flew over to her backpack and unzipped one of the zippers with its beak. “Heyyyy! Don’t do that! If this is about the bracelet then don’t worry. I’ll get it out.” Alirah picked the crow up off of her backpack and placed her back onto her left shoulder. She closed the zipper that the crow had undone. “That was the wrong pocket anyway…” Alirah then opened a different pocket and rummaged through it for a few seconds before taking hold of the bracelet’s gift bag. “Aha, here it is.” She dug through the tissue paper and pulled out the case. She then put her backpack to the side and placed the case onto her lap. She opened it slowly to reveal the bracelet. Alirah gazed at it for a few seconds, almost getting lost into the emblem on it. She then shook her head slightly and took the bracelet out of the case. “This is what you wanted right? Look. I am putting it on.” Alirah slid the bracelet onto her right wrist. And lifted it up in front of the Crow’s eyes. The bracelet fit onto her wrist perfectly, not too loose and not too tight. “There, happy now?” Alirah looked at the crow. The crow had its beak upturned in a triumphant manner. “You are one strange creature….” It was then that Alirah had gotten a text notification on her phone.

She whipped her phone out immediately. ‘Oh did he find a gift shop?!’ Alirah opened up the message to see that it was from Charles. She saw that he did indeed find a gift shop. Then not even a second later another message popped up, except it was a photo. Charles had sent her a selfie with him sticking out his tongue in a playful manner. ‘Hmhm cutie~’ She stared at the photo for perhaps a little too long. She snapped out of her trance and put her phone back into her pocket a few seconds later. Alirah then closed the bracelet’s case and put it back into her backpack. “Well, little friend, I have a gift shop to go to. Care to join?” Alirah peered at the crow while standing up out of the lounge chair. The crow didn’t seem to want to leave Alirah’s left shoulder so she took that as a yes and then took off running yet again into the direction that Charles gave her.

Alirah had been running for about 3 minutes before spotting Charles ahead a few paces. She slowed herself down. He was facing away from her. ‘Oh, a chance…. Hehehe’ Alirah tip-toed silently until she was directly behind Charles. She then leaned closer so that her face was about 3 inches from Charles' neck. She softly blew some air out onto his neck in hopes to surprise him. Afterwards she threw her arms around him and gave him a back hug. “I’m hereee, Darling!~” Through all of that movement, the crow had hopped off of Alirah’s shoulder and started balancing herself on the top of Alirah’s backpack. If Charles looked down slightly to see Alirah’s arms, he would most likely take note of the bracelet that was now being worn on her right wrist.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

Kallen K. Griffin
Intimidating a Squirrel into compliance along with some wisdom

Kallen listened to the girl, an animated princess, was he? He couldn't necessarily argue the fact he was good with animals. He listened to her speak about kindness to others and her quirk being more suited to combat than rescuing people. That, he could relate with. His power was suited for fighting. Fighting until carnage filled the streets and blood rained from the sky, as if the gods themselves were crying tears of blood. However, this didn't mean you couldn't find a way to use it to protect and rescue people. To keep them safe, and be a shield of power to act like a deterrent for people to commit such acts.

"It is quite possible that," Kallen paused as the squirrel began to gnaw at her finger as if it were food. Kallen's eyes narrowed at the small creature and it seemed to freeze stopping what it was doing before moving its head under her finger. It was a subtle thing that happened in just a small moment that Kallen returned his gaze to normal almost immediately. "Never mind." He said tipping his head back and staring up at the sky above. The sky was so clear, hardly a cloud in sight. "There is much that you will learn in the course of what you wish to be. Stick it through to the end, and follow the voice in your heart. The one that screams at you to do what you must for what you deem is right. Following that, you'll become stronger. It isn't always your quirk that needs strengthening, perhaps it is your resolve and purpose that needs refinement. Once you have those hammered out, and your resolve becomes harder than pure titanium, will you have the strength to do anything." Kallen closed his eyes and took a deep breath before dipping his hand in the bag of seeds to get more for the birds. He shook his head, opening up his eyes and staring off into the distance.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Azuza Reiko

Keeping up with the girl who was leading her back toward U.A. continued to talk about herself. Plenty of these things were pretty interesting. Though Azuza herself didn't really have much else to talk about with the pink haired girl. Though she was good company, Azuza knew very little about her personally. "Ummm if you don't mind me asking, just how old are you Akarui?" She was curious as to what her age was, considering that she was more or less the same size as Azuza herself was.

With Azuza being fifteen herself, and around the same size, she had to be less than upper-twenties. 'She was an assistant of some sort so she worked at a company or something right? Does that mean she just tutors on the side or something?' Azuza pondered for a moment whilst waiting for a response from the girl she was walking with.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

OOC: Again, apologies for my absence.​

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Charles Reiss IV
The weight of tradition

After having sent the text with the directions to the store and his selfie, Charles just stood there, absently minded. It was one of the rare occasions that nothing occupied his mind and he simply allowed himself to be ‘turned off’ for the time being. While waiting for the girl, his posture was simply perfect: back straightened out, shoulders at the same height. His hand moved into the side pocket of his white blazer, entering to rest inside it. When it was in there, the felt something in it, which he didn’t remember stashing there in the first place. Grabbing the object between his slender fingers, index and middle one, he took it out from his pocket, looking at it. It was a coin shaped object, which could be easily mistaken for one, if it wasn’t the fact that there are no graving describing its value on it. He frowned, wondering why such a token was there in the first place and, without delay, stashed it in the inside pocket of his blazer.

It was then that he felt a breeze of air blowing against his neck. Feeling the sudden draft, his back moved in a ‘wave’ like pattern, first his left shoulder was raised and slowly descended, while his right was raised. He was feeling very ticklish, and it looked like, by that gust of wind, that the weather would quickly turn. When a pair of arms caught him by surprise, his eyes widened at the feeling of his arms movements being constricted and a gasp fleeing from under his breath. At once, he started to fight the squeezing, arms trying to break free, left leg being raised as he planned to throw himself backwards, together with his unknown assailant. That was it, until his nose picked up on the familiar citrus scent that a certain girl exuded. And, not much after, a sweet voice entered his ears, announcing who was assaulting him with so much gusto - “D-darling! Y-you shouldn’t just surprise me l-like that!” - he said, clearly flustered. As much as he tried to be serious and chastise the ( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) girl, if she looked at his reflection on the huge window to their left, she would be able to see he had a smile, from ear to ear, while he was held like that.

The young aristocrat flexed his arms, moving his hand on top of hers in an attempt to forbid her from releasing him. His hands moved slightly, caressing her arms, and his gaze moved downwards. He saw something on her wrist - “Ahhh, this is the bracelet she so much wanted? Wait, what is this?” - he looked at the pattern on it. A white lotus with faint purple details was the main image on it. His raised one of his eyebrow in sheer curiosity, while he peered into that image. Wasn’t that the exact same crest he had seen on the samurai armour just a few minutes ago? He stared at the family crest, doing his best to imprint it into his mind. If he remembered well, he brought a book about Japanese heritage, noble families and even mercenary samurais in one of his travel bags. He would have to look it up if that family crest meant something, as it was too much of a coincidence.

Moving his head a bit to the side, so that their heads were not aligned, he tilted it backwards, the back of his head resting against her shoulder - “If you keep holding me like that, people will start to think we are married, darling. Not that I mind” - he flashed her a flirty smirk, while staring directly into her eyes. If she wanted to use such heavy tactics against him, he would make sure to fire back.

DONNY YANG

TWxnSmCtw0oMR7Ka1zEIxolfwzJoGW8Vl4RbIEglP29NSOHunbBhQ1Wr-4aLQRUhu6C5hYdFolGUSyxL6Zh8kHVVr9BXB4rsbFtn73kw8gGcyz5TbjcJX366Eve6iEFIiV3J9mtr

Looking to the ground, it seems like they were going to split into two. Taking a deep breath, Donny decides that not only was he going to train his quirk today, he's going to train his leadership too! He needs to be more confidence, which means being able to take control of a situation and listening to what everyone had to say. "Okay. Um, everyone w-w-w-who's going to sneak in, go and scout. We don't even k-k-know where they're at. The rest of us will um... Also l-l-l-l-look around, I guess. Be quick, b-b-b-but be safe!" Perhaps not the most inspiring rally call, but it was the best Donny could do. Soon there was a loud siren that signaled that the training now begins. Not wanting to waste any time to do any more strategizing, Donny looked to the distraction team. "L-Let's roll!"

Donny moved through the artificial forests using his tendrils, shooting them up into the trees and swinging from them instead of walking. He was much faster this way and frankly, felt more natural than walking. He debated if he should show his true form but... No, he was here to train. Falling back to old habits was the opposite of honing his skills. He needed to get used to using this form for public and personal use, because he is suppose to be a hero. Not a monster masquerading as a man. However something unexpected happened. As he was swinging through the trees he heard something ahead and stopped. Looking carefully, he saw a squad of robots approaching. "What? I thought t-t-t-they were suppose to stay at b-b-base..."

These robots also didn't look quite like what he had thought. He had thought they were going up against the standard green machines, but these were black-and-white and armed with some sort of future gun. Maybe this was just part of the test too? Things aren't always going to be as predicted. "I guess that's just why it's important to have good intel..." Regardless, they needed to take out this squad. There were five of these robots and they were also looking for trouble. Donny wasn't 100% certain if he could take them all on his own, so he looked for the others to see if they could coordinate a take down together.

Yayoi Satori

nOeTYbI.png

Though today was suppose to be her day off, Satori never rested. To be successful in her field, you need to always put in the work 24/7. She was currently at her desk working on an AI program. While there's plenty of highly advanced AI's in this world, obviously the best ones were closely guarded secrets and the ones publicly available were little more than chat bots. Even for support students who specialize in robotics, they had to program their own AI's and oversee their learning to understand how they're thinking and whatever goes wrong. Fortunately, the other half of the issue when it comes to training an AI, giving them physical bodies to learn from, was something Satori could rely on UA for. Most of their training machines were either surplus disarmed military bots, or the many robots made by the Support Class that's been abandoned for one reason or another. And for today Satori was using a fleet of decommissioned mil-bots, known as the GIA-01.

GIA-01 were actually the invention of a villain, who fortunately wasn't able to actually get his robotic army going before a team of heroes managed to storm his laboratory and take him out. Most of his machines were destroyed but a few managed to reach the black markets, where their blueprints were scattered and obtained by other prospective mad scientists, including one of Satori's seniors. Thinking that these robots could be used for heroism, her senior had refitted them with nonlethal electrical pulse weapons. Basically instead of firing physical non-lethal bullets which had a notorious issue of actually being non-lethal, they fired electrical shocks that simply cause a lot of pain, but unless the person they're shooting had a pacemaker or were under sustained beams of fire, it shouldn't kill them. Caused a lot of suffering though, and unlike Satori her senior lacked the funding to continue the project and scrapped it. Couldn't even afford to dismantle the robots. Fortunately Satori happened to be around and brought these machines from him, hoping to glean some vital information from his creations for her own drones.

So far however Satori was rather disappointed. She's honestly not surprised that her senior couldn't find any investors: the energy consumption these robots had was atrocious. Their own energy weapons fed off their internal batteries, meaning that the more they shoot the weaker they get. The flying ones were especially fuel-hungry, and basically only had about an hour of life once they're off, possibly less if they start using their weapons and drain their batteries further. Strangely enough only the giant models had anything resembling an efficient level of energy consumption. Probably helps it has two power sources, so it can more freely use it's weapons without compromising it's own performance. However what Satori was more interested in was the AI that her senior had created for these. Based off the adaptive combat doctrines stored within the original model created by the robot villain, they made full use of their machine mind to analyze threats, categorize their quirks and abilities, and adapt their tactics and fighting styles based off the information observed. Basically they can look at someone using their quirk and learn what it does, which is very advanced for an AI that doesn't already have a database of quirks to reference. Satori wanted to test the limits of this AI and see if it can be used for other things as well, but she needed to understand how it works in practice first.

And thus, came class 1C. As Satori was about to have her robots have a mock battle against one another, a bunch of 1C students showed up to train. Seizing the opportunity as those kids were discussing strategy she had the GIA-01's replace the training bots they were suppose to fight. She also took control of the admin panel to oversee the area and control the training grounds. It looked like the students were going to split off into two teams to scout the area. Based off what the original training program had listed, there was only suppose to be 10 training bots who patrolled within the base, and one of them were the boss. To Satori that sounded awfully boring: She was certain that one of these students could take on 10 robots. So she changed it to have 50 robots, changing the boss to be the large model GIA-01 and have a few of the other GIA-01models patrolling the forest itself. This ought to give those kids a nice surprise.

"Let's see, we'll have two squads of GIA-01Walkers patrol the forest, five man each. Get an idea of how they act in small groups. Twenty GIA-01 Walkers back at base doing perimeter guard and over watch, that ought to give the students a real challenge. And finally the boss squad... Yeah, I think this'll be good. Give those heroes a real challenge, not some baby game. Oh hey, Bryn's here too. I'm sure he'll love having all of these bots to play around with. I ought to send him an invoice." Once Satori had the robots reorganized, the siren went off, signalling the start of the training. Immediately Satori sent her patrol squad out, knowing where the hero students were coming from thanks to the admin panel. It was a bit metagamey, but she decided to send one patrol squad directly to the distraction group just to see what their response would be. She would have the second patrol squad attempt stealth and recon, wanting to see how the infiltration group will react if or when they realize their distraction group is hold up somewhere.

"Your move, heroes."

Alirah-framed pic.png

Alirah blinked a few times as her face flushed. "H-hey! You can't just say that out loud…" Although she refuted his statement, she did want to stay like that for just a little bit longer. She squeezed him as tightly as she could then let go and walked around to be beside him on his left. The crow then hopped back over to Alirah’s left shoulder. It seemed that the crow wanted to continue to be a chaperone to the two.

She looked down and grasped Charles' left hand. Alirah then looked up to him and smiled. "Into the gift shop we go!" She then pulled him into the gift shop and proceeded to glance around at the selections. “Darling, I’ll be back in a few. I want the gifts to be a surprise so make sure you keep your eyes away from what I am doing until I am done.” With that, Alirah skipped off further into the gift shop. Meanwhile, the crow decided to stay on Alirah’s shoulder, to help with the gift finding of course.

She decided to start in the back and made her way to the midpoint of the right side of the store. Alirah went in between a few isles and scanned them thoroughly. She then turned around and eyeballed some items that were reflecting the light in the distance on the left side of the store. Alirah went over to go inspect what the shiny items were. Upon arriving at where the items were, she was able to make out their shapes. ‘Oh keychains! Yess! I knew they’d have them somewhere.’ Alirah smiled triumphantly to herself and bent down to inspect the keychains closer. ‘Now which ones should I get?’ Alirah eyed the keychain selection from left to right quite a few times but she couldn’t find anything that stood out to her.

Alirah then shifted her gaze and saw an “ASSEMBLE YOUR OWN KEYCHAIN” station. ‘Oh! That’s perfect!’ From this station, Alirah would be able to choose which charms and dangles she wanted to add onto some keychains. Firstly, she looked through all of the charms and spotted one that was a square block with a cute white cat face printed onto it. She picked it up and flipped it around. There was a note on the back of it saying it would glow in the dark for up to 10 hours and recharge with light exposure. ‘Ooooh, this one is mine then.’ She took it and picked up a keychain ring, then fixed the kitty glow in the dark chain onto it. She thought that just one item on the keychain would be too boring so she searched for another item. It was then that the crow went and hopped onto the keychain assembling station. The crow proceeded to dig around until she pulled out a katana sword chain. The crow then looked to Alirah and dangled it in front of her. “Oh you want me to take that one? Hmmm…” Alirah took the chain that the crow picked out for her and inspected the samurai sword design. It was mostly silver in color with the exception of the handle. The handle was comprised of a deep red and purple ribbon that intertwined between each other. Alirah then looked at the crow. “Oooh It is quite pretty, I’ll give you that. You have a good eye.” Alirah then hooked the katana chain onto her keychain. ‘Now to the others.’

Alirah then scanned through the selection of keychain dangles again and pulled out a lion plushy dangle and then a kitsune mask chain. ‘Oh these will be a great fit for them! But…. they definitely need something else….’ Alirah looked around and thought that Charles’ would probably also want a sword, similar to his own. She looked around and dragged her hands along the selection of keychain add ons until she felt something poke her finger lightly. She picked the item up and saw that it was exactly what she was looking for. It was a sword that matched the size of her katana on her keychain, which was about the size of a small letter opener. It wasn’t that sharp, rather blunt on all sides, but it was very pretty to look at. It looked as if it had came straight from some high fantasy world. After inspecting it for a bit, Alirah attached both the sword and the lion plush to Charles’ keychain.

‘Now to add something onto Zuzu-chan’s…’ Alirah still had the kitsune mask in her left hand and had put the other two keychains around her index finger on her left hand. With her right hand she glided her fingers around similarly to how she did when she found the sword on Charles’ keychain. A few seconds later she eyed a circular shape dangling from a chain. On the circle, there was a kawaii cupcake design. ‘Since Zuzu-chan likes sweets, I’m sure she’ll like this!’ Alirah then placed both the kitsune and cupcake chains onto Auzua’s keychain.

20211031_105518.jpg 20211031_105526.jpg 20211031_105531.jpg

Once she was finished, she gathered the keychains and took a moment to look around the store to find where Charles was. Once spotting him, she made sure he was still not looking in her direction, then she hid the keychains into both of her hands. Afterwards, she passed Charles on her way over to the front counter to pay for the keychains. Her body would be facing away from him and while she was paying he wouldn’t be able to see what she had bought. After paying for the keychains, Alirah had the cashier put them into gift bags to further obscure the gifts. Then she shoved them into her backpack and turned around. She slowly walked up to Charles. “Okay, Darling~” She grabbed his left hand with her right. “I am done getting the gifts now. Heheh. You don’t get to know what yours is until we get back to school though.” She smiled gently and then stared at him sternly towards the end of her sentence. Quickly after that stern look, the smile appeared back onto her face. “Anyway, should we head back to school then? I think we should go back to find Zuza-chan…. She’s probably wondering what happened to us…”

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Charles Reiss IV
The weight of tradition

( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) Alirah’s hugs and squeezes felt good. Very good. So much so that Charles felt a comforting burning sensation inside his chest and, at the same time, the same feeling at the pit of his stomach. The young man had never felt anything like that before and, while he tried to play it cool at every chance he got, he was exploring an unknown territory to him - “Oh! Looks like your friend is back!” - he commented, looking at the direction of the curious black bird. The way it behaved was simply outwardly, however, he had read that crows were really smart animals and surely that accounted for its human-like behaviour.

The brown-haired boy nodded at the girl’s invitation, holding her hand with much vigor and walking inside the gift shop - “Oh, take your time, darling! I promise I won’t peek at what you are doing!” - and he showed her his other hand, so she was sure he wasn’t crossing his fingers when he made the promise. He thought for a moment that the crow would, once again, choose to stay back with him, but it seemed like it wanted to accompany Alirah instead. With that, Charles was left by himself for the time being.

Turning around and looking at the objects on sale next to the spot where he was, he noticed nothing particular interesting: a few mugs, notebooks with famous heroes slapped on the covers, a few shirts that were clearly meant for tourists, with phrases like ‘I <3 Musutafu’. Charles eyebrow was raised for such a situation: would anyone spend money on those? They looked like abysmal gifts to give anyone. But he guesses they filled a niche, for those who hadn’t a single clue what to give to that certain someone, which you don’t know very well.

He had really hoped that all gifts inside that store were all like that because, if they were, he would have to put on his best fake expression, as to not show his disappointment for when the purple-haired girl would give him his friendship gift. Looking downward, the young man started to pace, back and forth, while he hands his own chin with his right hand. His expression was serious, eyebrows slightly furrowed, showing he was deep in thought about something.

Once again, he thought about what kind of problem he would get himself after having left Zuzu-chan to run after the purple-haired girl. Silently, he reasoned in his head that there was simply nothing else he could have done, and he certainly couldn’t have just stood still after what happened. And remembering everything both of them had done up to that point, he certainly didn’t regret it, not even a single bit. He would accept whatever accusations the fox girl would be preparing back at school.

He kept moving, back and forth, with each step making quite a bit of noise. When he heard Alirah approaching him, he stopped, turning towards her, clearly only noticing she was done at that point. His serious expression quickly disappearing from his face, leaving only an excited smile, wondering what she had chosen for him - “Let’s see what it is!” - when she grabbed his left hand, he offered it willingly. For a moment, he thought she would put it right in his hand, but it seems like he got the wrong impression of it - “Come on, darling! No even peeking?!” - he sounded like he had been wronged in some horrible way, dismissing her stern look but, after a bit, resigning from any attempt to cheat his way into knowing his gift.

“Oh yeah… that is true.... Well, let’s return, then?” - the young man asked, quite disappointed their date was coming to an end, holding her hand as he started to make his way towards the outside of the gift shop and, after that, towards the exit of the mall.

Alirah-framed pic.png

Some minutes later, they were at the exit of the mall. The crow that was on her left shoulder flew away in the direction of the school. They won’t be seeing the last of it most likely. “Darling, you can lead the way back to school~”

A moment later when they were walking down the sidewalk away from the mall, Alirah’s eyes widened slightly as a sudden thought came to her. She peered at Charles. “Ehm… Do I have to call you Darling in front of the other students?....” Her cheeks turned a slight pink as she asked the question.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

Kobayashi AkiraBeatdown | | Quirk: Phantom

Training Ground D

Interaction/Mention:
MisoraUni MisoraUni (Eliza)

Outnumbered and crying
"Ah, you say all of this Eliza-san, yet a true plan is but a constant, ever-changing influx of new ideas - say, always adapting to present and future setbacks - being a maniac about it and improvising on the get-go is just part of the whole process." - Still seemingly lost in reverie, a self-induced trance as his head willed itself onto his right shoulder; Akira wisely stroked his metaphorical, all-knowing beard. With a wide grin that made you want to knock him sillier than he already was, the guy continued - "Basic administrative theory. Page... Something. I didn't finish the whole thing; fell asleep on the first five paragraphs. Pretty good read, honestly." - He added, carrying a bit too much nonchalance in his tone. Akira sighed, the whole of his body slumping forward and off the boulder, he sat cross-legged on the not-so pleasant, itchy expanse of grass. Elbows propped on the knees, chin falling to his open hands, eyes still closed - though, scrunched lightly in annoyance.

He was still finding a way to burst into tears, but needless to say, it was damn near impossible to just think sad and turn the world blue. The trip down memory lane used to do it for him back in the day, even if he was eight years old back then. Distant memories of kids beating him up, getting nagged on by bigger dudes for his lunch money, coming back home for dinner with a bloody nose because he never knew how to act the martyr for certain silver-tongued brats. They weren't gloomy memories at all, however. For young Akira, that black-blue circle in his eye and the runny nose, leaking a thick crimson made that crybaby in the mirror look cool for once. Just like his dad. Beating up bad guys, even if he ended up being the one that looked the part, it made him feel... Satisfied. Made him cry every time a bully acted up, got the Phantom out. Nowadays that world of bruises had lost its hue, would probably end up painted the same monotone for a while.

It was tasteless, didn't make him feel a damn thing. Not after thinking about the 'glory days', and certainly not after musing over how much a 'non-lethal' bullet would feel after catching it with his face. The prospect of fighting nowadays was tiresome - You're wasting everyone's time here, get it over with already... - Nonetheless, Akira kept trying to find something that could make him cry. Maybe that whole minute of awkward silence Eliza and him just had, that would surely do some numbers. The fact that he'd already painted himself as some sort of mindless brute to his classmate, that was also a thing.

I'm just not good at first impressions, am I? - a moment after Eliza finished adding something to their 'plan', Akira gave a light chuckle, might've seemed geared toward her, but deep inside one could've seen that it was directed to himself. He opened one eye, glanced up at the girl sitting in the log, Akira scratched the back of his head and gave her his trademark 'worried but compliant' look - "I don't really know what you mean by 'my thing', but I'm good at playing bait if that's what you need to bring that robot down..." - He huffed, his eyes breaking from hers as he felt cold sweat running down his face. He really was terrible at first impressions, apparently - "I'll do my best."

"But I still need to get that villain base mapped out, gimme thirty...Seconds?"
- He left himself wondering if those were about to turn into minutes any time soon, then he stuttered back into the flow of words. He shrugged - "I'm working on it." - Akira got back to shut-eyed concentration, peeking every once in a while at Eliza whenever she wasn't looking at him. One might've caught his eyes going watery, gleaming a bit, as he stared daggers at her equipment. Her overall airs of greatness, how prepared and strangely stoic she looked, letting out a tired sigh at that gut-feeling telling him that his classmate - who was supposed to be his equal - would most likely be much better off without some guy in a fancy suit that couldn't even fire up his quirk. Akira grumbled a bit, he felt like for once in his life he was that weird, scrawny guy you'd get grouped up with in P.E.

He didn't know if it was shame, envy or something else. But he did recognize that gut-wrenching sensation eating him up inside. In his eyes, every one of these guys must've done something greater than himself to get to this school. Something to earn the prestige. Stopping a criminal; overcoming impossible odds; scoring highest in their class - stereotypical hero stuff, something he would see on T.V. Akira was no hero, he was the average joe, an errand boy that could take a nice beating. Perhaps one that had gotten a little too lucky one day, and was now stuck here with people light years above his bracket. That would make up for the most niche hero trope out there, right?

Again, the same drove of thoughts came back to him, and much like before, he felt something rolling down his face. Akira smiled as tears started finally flowing out of his eyes, strands of his hair and even some tears dragged upwards by an invisible force as his Telekinesis started acting up - "You are..." - With his eyes closed, he extended a fist out at the forest, slowly drifting behind him. It pin-pointed the other group, five fingers extended precisely for each of them - "There."

A bluish void danced around the edges of Akira's hair, erratic, pulsing wildly. The six-seven, pitch-black shadow of a person could be seen blinking rapid intervals behind him - "The robots are... What in the actual-" - And all of a sudden, Akira was jolted out of focus, his eyes shot wide as he tried to find words to give to Eliza. There was a knot at his throat, he spared her a trembling smile, wiped the tears and crossed his arms - "It looks like we have a situation here- Well, that's kinda just sugarcoating it; we have a problem. Fifty different problems, actually. Someone had the day of their life with the robots, it seems..." - Akira narrowed his eyes, his head dropped and another sigh was heard coming from him - "I'll guide you through it in a sec, let me see how the others are doing. You're up!" - Throwing the words behind him, Akira held up a high five, as if on cue, the darkened shape of a hand slowly drifted into reality and clashed with Akira's inviting open palm before vanishing. Somewhere else, it seemed. A couple of minutes of Akira munching on some chips, having to manually keep his eyes open every now and then, a shadow finally loomed behind him. The Phantom stared at him expectantly; Akira met him with the same, as though reporting back to each other mentally. The both of them turned their eyes over to Eliza in unison, Akira’s eyebrows furrowed, his tone coming off slightly more tired than before as one could already see the cloudiness in his eyes.– “Distraction team’s having some trouble already, by the looks of it. We’ll probably be running into trouble ourselves pretty soon. It’s like the robots already knew we were here…” – He paused, yawned – “I don’t know about stealth, but the way I see it, we basically have two options left.” – Akira got back on his feet, hands on his hips as he closed his eyes and made one last scan of the area, a beat later, he sighed and continued – “We can reunite with Donny ’n the others to help them out with their situation, or we can head over to the enemy base, hope we don’t run into anything and beat the main bot before the other 49 robots gang up on us. On that note…I’m not sure if the other robots would stop if their leader is down.”

His hands went to his pockets, tears gathering in his eyes as he took a big, satisfying stretch. Akira bumped a fist on the Phantom’s chest twice to signal it was time to go; the shadowy shape gave Eliza an over-the-top knight’s bow before crumbling once again into Akira’s subconscious. He had about two minutes left before passing out, enough to knock a robot’s head off its shoulders, hopefully – “So! ‘Show time then? Guide the way and I’ll follow, I’m about as lost as you are in this situation.” – He said cheerfully, his arms swinging limply to the side, back and forth as he made nothing short of heroic attempts to get his energy up.

In a perfect world, Akira could hopefully pass the leadership onto Eliza.

The PhantomBeatdown II | | Quirk: Kobayashi Akira

Training Ground D

Interactions/Mentions:
Deathkitten Deathkitten (Sean) | Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher (Donny)
Archdemon Archdemon (Haruto)
SilverInu SilverInu (Asuka) | IG42 IG42 (Bryn/Akemi) |

Message from a shadow

"...You're up!"

Far from Eliza and Akira, a couple of minutes before the soon-to-be heroes would decide their plan of action, a dark flash rumbled through the forest. Tumbling over, dashing through branch and phasing through the core of every tree that got in its way, a black stroke of lightning cleared its way through the large impassable of greenery above, searing through the veil of leaves as though a hawk tearing through clouds, Akira’s Phantom moved exaggeratedly fast. They had little time to waste after all– In a matter of seconds the other group would’ve likely caught the distorted blur of a light-devouring void flying past them, a vantablack shadow casting over them as it went by, for a split second though, the light returned and all that was left were leaves falling onto them. After a while, the decrepit sigh of what seemed to be a dying old man was heard behind the group, more specifically behind a certain mop of red hair. Phantom tapped gently on Sean’s shoulder, fully materializing beside him, the shadow gave him a pat on the shoulder before placing itself in front of the group and the GIA-01 squad.

The Phantom eyed the machines for a second, its white orbs stuck in a predatory examination; he felt gears, springs, and wire scraping loudly; static and masterfully arranged pieces of metal; all for a beat-and-a-half before he chuckled. If whatever guttural intake of air he’d just done could be considered a chuckle, there was some form of joy as he waved at them politely – “5.” – The dark shape leaned down and wrote in the dirt. Its wavy drape, darkened strands, of ‘hair’ shot up like brooding waves as it glanced up at Sean and the others, – it pointed at the robots – looking back down and quickly drawing out with his finger on the dirt the kanji for ‘Machine’, just below the 5. After that it gestured behind it, then to his side, its hand drifting somewhere in the sky, then every direction except below them, and wrote again – “50.” – An ominous warning this time around.

Phantom’s chest went up and down in a huff; it dusted off the dirt in its hands and stared again at the GIA-01 models. It tilted its head, glanced over to the group and gestured a thumb over his shoulder to the robots, perhaps insinuating: ‘How fragile are they?’ Stick around and find out, is what he would’ve told them, and he really was itching just to land a good hit on them. But alas, Phantom didn’t want to ruin any possible strategy they could come up with to deal with the robots. It was then that his whole body perked up in realization, he’d been burning up too much of Akira’s kinesis just being here – “Have fun!” – The Phantom wrote in a flash one last time before it vanished, very messy writing this time, mind you.

Last edited:
CODE / ARKNIGHT
Mr. Fist

The old man analysed the ( Nene_Chan18 Nene_Chan18 ) girl as she answered his provoking question. He tried to pick up anything that she could be saying, only to please him, and yet he found nothing of the sort. She wasn't infantile about that heinous action, saying something absurd, such as she would never do it. But actually showed a mature understanding of it that, unfortunately, heroes had to kill criminals, since restraining them isn't always an option. Would anyone have blamed the then number 1 hero, All Might, if his bout with All Four One resulted in the criminal's death? Highly unlikely. But if that was something ever present in the hero's actions, what would be the chances of him ever becoming Japan's favorite and model hero?

What about the heroes whose work goes unnoticed by the media, ending up having a greater degree of freedom, what about them? Surely they are held within the same standards of Japan's top ten, but is there anyone capable of actually managing and controlling what they can or can't do? Where is the line actually drawn? Where does a hero become a vigilante or a criminal? The answer to those questions would have to come to both students through their own experiences, their decisions, their choices. While the way can be shown, it is impossible to force them to walk a specific path. One could only hope to have made the case for the 'right path' satisfactorily. When the girl finished exposing what she thought, Gao simply nodded. It wasn’t his place to tell her if she was right or wrong. And then, noticing that the girl looked worried about something after she looked at her own phone, he spoke up - "Fuyumi-san, that looks really important. You should answer the person back or give them a call. No need to worry about me, hehehehe” - he laughed softly, being honest with what he was saying. The man went back to eating his mountain of food with much gusto.

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Charles Reiss IV
The weight of tradition

“You can be sure I will get us back to school safely, darling~!” - he smiled, his eyes following the crow, thinking it was quite bizarre that it had directed itself towards the school. Maybe it thought that they were a bit too slow for his speedy-flight and decided to get to the school ahead of them. Charles considered getting seeds for it, although he didn’t have much experience with feeding birds. He would have to search it what kind of seeds would be the best ones to feed the friendly crow. When he started to walk towards the school, step by step, while holding the purple-haired girl’s hand, she could notice he was taking his time. He tried to extend his time alone with her as much as he could, not having any idea when they would have such a chance again. The uncertainty of it scared him a bit.

He was a bit distracted, just enjoying ( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) her presence on his left side, when she suddenly asked him a question. He turned his head towards her, noticing her cheeks turning a rosé colour. His gaze was then directed at her star-shaped pupils. He thought to himself: what did he want? Surely, he didn’t want to keep his own feelings for the girl a secret. It was one of those situations where the feeling is so potent, so strong, that keeping it bottled inside of anyone would surely end up with a burst. Yet, at the same time, he understood that maybe that would be a bit too much, not only for her, but for him as well. He stopped for a moment and questioned himself: would he be able to treat her differently if his classmates were around?

His answer didn’t come immediately. He had to be clear not only with the girl, but also to himself, being true to his own feelings - “Mmmm… a bet is a bet, isn’t it? Regardless of who is around, that is my own nickname… and yours too” - at the end of his sentence, he felt his own cheeks flaring up. The young aristocrat wasn’t used to make his feelings known, sharing them so openly. But that was exactly what it meant if they called each other in public by their new nicknames: a firm declaration that they were in a relationship - “Hehehe, I wonder what the teachers will think about it. Can you imagine it?” - he commented, laughing playfully. He didn’t want to be the only one blushing as red as he was, so he stoked the fire of embarrassment on her as well. He waited for her reaction, watching her, trying to notice if she would show any discomfort, before he resumed making their way back to the school.

1637266349936.png
Name: Odessa Fuyumi
Hero Name: Phantessa
Quirk: Chaos Nightmare
Odessa immediately stood and bowed. "Thank you, Mr. Gao Maxxob Maxxob . I'll be back as soon as possible." She left the room and called her mom. "Odessa, I seen that you called. Is something wrong? Did you have trouble with a student? Did you hurt yourself? Should I come?" Her mom asked. Odessa laughed. "No Mama. I'm fine. I just need to talk to you about something. It's sort of important. You see, I was fighting a teacher with some classmates a little bit ago and my quirk went out of control. Like that time I...well, you know. What's going on?" She asked. Her mom was silent for a few moments before she spoke. "Odessa, hun, I have to tell you something. Now, don't be mad at me and please don't freak out. I was planning on telling you when you were much much older." Odessa was getting anxious. "The truth is, your father wasn't a hero. And he wasn't innocently killed. I paid people to tell you that so you wouldn't find out. Your father was a villain. You got your powers from him. He was killed by a hero. I know it was wrong to hide this, but I didn't want you to follow in his footsteps. Now, I want you to know..." Odessa stopped listening. Her phone fell from her hands. My dad was a...villain? That can't be true. She has to be lying. There's no way... Odessa took deep breaths to calm herself. She had to stay calm and not break down. No one could ever find out her dad was a villain. Odessa swallowed hard at the word. Villain. Her father was a villain. She wouldn't let herself become a villain like him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back