• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
CODE / ARKNIGHT
Charles Reiss IV
The weight of tradition

Charles was a bit surprised when ( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) she revealed what was her chosen prize - “Oh, of course, of course. If you beat me, said bracelet will be yours! Now, if I win….” - the possibilities of his own prize were endless. All of them flashed through his head, not being sure himself what to choose. He looked downwards at the machine controls. Reaching her own controls with his free hand, his index finger moved to one of the round pressing-buttons. His finger started to follow its shape, slowly making circular motions around it. His gaze moved back to meet hers, and he approached her, leaning over. He stopped being about 1 inch from her. The delicious citrus scent once again invaded his mind, almost clouding his judgement. A smile, with a tiny hint of malice, was present on his lips - “... if I win, you will call me [ENG]darling!” - he said, in almost a whisper. It was a secret, intended for her ears only - “Let’s play, Ali?” - he asked, going back to his original position and turning towards the huge screen in front of them.

Alirah Hoshino - status graphicv2.png
Alirah was anticipating Charles’ answer as he was thinking about it. She was eyeing the screen of the game when he suddenly came up very close to her. She blinked a few times and appeared to be in a daze, with her cheeks glazed over in a pinkish tint. For a moment, she lost herself in his eyes, only to be brought back with him whispering something to her. That something… Was quite a surprise for Alirah. “whA- HUH?!” Her face was now beet red as he backed away to his previous position. ‘Did I catch that right? Did he just say I have to call him D-d- arling??!’ She was left staring off into space for a moment before shaking her head and releasing her right hand from Charles’ left hand, then whipping around to face the arcade game. For a moment afterwards she tilted her head slightly and her right hand reflexively opened and closed a few times. The warmth of Charles’ hand was no longer there and it made her hand feel barren. She then shook her hand out and tapped a few buttons on the Super Crushers game.

The “START GAME” screen popped up and asked for 28 yen (0.25usd). She took the amount out of her wallet and placed it into the money slot. She then turned her head around slightly, and with a glare said "I'm going to wreck your sh**, boyo." Then she winked at him. A devious smile crept upon her face as she looked back towards the screen. She took the player one spot, then proceeded to click through the loading screen to the character selection and selected none other than the character from earlier with the baseball bat. Then, With what would be a total 180 from moments earlier, she turned her head towards him and blinked innocently and with the sweetest voice that one would have ever heard, she said "Come select your character, Chuu-chan~ Teehee~"

Interactions: Maxxob Maxxob (Charles)

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Charles Reiss IV
The weight of tradition

And, with the sadness he felt, letting ( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) her hand go, his moved to his own controllers, left hand on a directional stick, right hand on the round-pressing buttons. It was a worthy sacrifice for hearing the new nickname come out from her precious lips. After she egged him on, he smirked, with a confident expression in his face. Their game had such high stakes to him, seeing the possibility of being called ‘darling’ by her, that he simply would push himself to the limit if he had to: he HAD to win - “Oh, will you? I will show you how we do things back in Buckingham!” - he laughed, taking a look at the variety at the character selection screen - “Mmmm… so many characters… which one should I choose?” - Charles thought to himself, analysing the characters by quickly scanning them with his eyes. At the top of the screen, he saw a countdown of 30 seconds. He didn’t have time to keep dilly-dallying.

“Oh man…. Oh man… Think Charles, think! Which character looks the ‘cheapest’ of them all?” - while looking at the myriad of options, one of them stood out for him. The character itself, looked like a dashing fencer: high leather boots, black pants, a long-tailed red jacket with many accessories and wrote a peculiar white mask. It looked like the character’s weapon of choice was a épée, a thin, thrusting sword. It looked like he found his go-to character. Much to his surprise, know he was hearing a sweet, melodic tone of voice from the purple-haired girl. That sudden, drastic change made his hairs on his nape stand up: he should not relent. Not even when she is being so adorable. Steeling himself, he went in a totally opposite direction than Alirah - “Chuu-chan?” - his whole body turned to meet her. If they were in any other situation, his heart would have melted with all the cuteness transpiring from her. He, however, sported nothing but a predator gaze. He watched her, without blinking a single time - “I think you mean, darling~!” - a chuckle escaped from him. With his left hand grabbing the knot of his tie, he pulled until he undid it. And then, with his other hand, he wrapped his tie around his left hand, basically slamming the start button and selecting the fencer character. It was high time for him to show what a Reiss was made of.

girl.jpg

Name: Odessa Fuyumi
Hero Name: Phantessa
Quirk: Chaos Nightmare
Odessa smiled at Mr. Gao Maxxob Maxxob . "I could eat. Maybe should've eaten before the fight, hehe." Odessa then turned to Ryota Castello Castello . "Hey Ryota, how are you feeling? You looked pretty banged up earlier. You were great, though. I'm glad I got to be teammates with you." She smiled at him. Odessa was glad no one was hurt too bad, but she was still worried about using her quirk again. She'd just have to be more careful. Oh right, I need to call Mom. Well, it can wait until after I eat. Odessa was excited to talk to her mom. She forgot to call her when she arrived the day before. Hopefully, her mother isn't too mad.

Alirah observed as Charles finally chose what character he was going to play. ‘Hmm… so he chose a character that is similar to him as well…’ Alirah locked her eyes into his as he turned to face her. She tilted her head to the right as he spoke, eyes still glued into his, reading his expression. He would fail to make her flustered this time. She waited for him to then slam the select button for his character. Then she leaned over to his side. With her eyes wide open and unwavering, she stared directly into his. Her expression then morphed into a smug one. “Oh, really?” She then winked and stuck her tongue out at him. “We’ll see about that!” Afterwards, she booped his nose with her right index finger, much like she did earlier that day at the crêpe shop. She went back to her side when she saw that the game was about to begin.

The game began with a countdown from ten. It would then drop their characters from the sky and into the arena. The arena was made up of six platforms stacked and scattered across the screen. Alirah’s character was on the top left platform of the arena, meanwhile Charles’ character was located on the far right of the third platform that stretched across the whole screen. He would have to jump up three platforms to get up to her, that is, if he can keep up. There were two other characters that would also be trying to fight them located across from the pair’s characters. The other two were being played by the computer in place of the two other vacant player spots. If Charles wanted to get to Alirah, he would also have to go through the computer bot in front of his character. Charles may not have noticed, but the game had been set on hard mode previously, so this will prove to be quite a challenge for him, as well as Alirah. Alirah wasted no time as the game started and immediately started to fight off the computer controlled character that was in her way. She spun her character around with the baseball bat and slammed the opposing character into the platform. The character retaliated and almost knocked Alirah off of the edge. However, her fingers flew across her controller buttons and she batted them around with a three strikes which then sent them flying off of Alirah's platform to stumble into Charles' character. Now he would have to deal with two bots if he wanted to reach her. Alirah eyed Charles slightly and playfully said "Catch me if you can~~"

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Charles Reiss IV
The weight of tradition

As the match began, Charles started to fiddle around with the controls to find out which kind of attack each one produced. Just as ( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) Alirah, he was learning both the character and the game on the go. After about six seconds from the beginning of the game, he carefully approached the bot opposite to his character, already learning how to use the finite blocking system. The bot attacked the Fencer, using a mix up of weak attacks to test his defenses. The young heir bid his time, waiting for the correct time to stop blocking. The perfect opportunity appeared when Charles was moments of having his guard crushed: the enemy bot used a slow, easily telegraphed attack. In a split second, he stopped using the blocking mechanics, slamming his index finger over and over again onto the light attack which chained in itself. After the quick flurry of pokes using the éepe, he followed with a medium attack which would have hit the first bot with great success, if it wasn't the second bot recovering mid air and performing an slamming attack with its hammer, hitting the Fencer right on top of his head.

"Tsk!" - he clicked his tongue in frustration, eyes glued to the screen, slightly bearing his teeth. While his own character recovered with a backwards wake-up roll, both bots started a brawl of their own, too entertained with each other to worry about the Fencer. With that, the young aristocrat thought for a moment - "Is there really any benefit for fighting them? That bot's attack dealt 15% of damage to my character. If I keep fighting them, I will just keep taking more and more damage, while Ali sits pretty on a 8% damage. Hehehe, trying to get me to waste away my character with these bots, Ali? You smart little hoyden~!" - seeing through the purple-haired girl, the young British man quickly devised a plan. Well, maybe calling it a plan was a wee-bit too much credit, since it simply consisted of making his way towards her character without wasting HP on those bots. When his character finished his backwards roll, the Fencer jumped towards the second platform, albeit he was far away from it. While in mid-air, the special attack of the character was used, which consisted of a furious dash, with the éepe pointing towards the movement direction, working while jumping as well. 'Swoosh!' the character launched itself like a torpedo, landing on the second platform.

"I will catch you, Ali! And, when I do, your *ss is grass and I am the mower!" - he teased her, with an excited giggle. His left hand, that was on the movement stick, quickly jerked left to make his character rush to the next platform. However, he was stopped short by the bot which was his original foe. The character launched a harpoon-like projectile with a chain attached to it, hitting in impaling Fencer. Albeit the brutal-looking move dealt not a single percentile of damage, it allowed the bot to propel itself towards Fencer, retracting the chain into its own body. Charles welcomed the bot using a medium attack, pushing it backwards by a decent distance. The hammer yielding bot, apparently, didn't want to stay lonesome on the lowest platform and also made it to the second platform. Currently, Fencer has its back turned towards Alirah's character, being on the next platform. Both bots are located on the right of the same platform Fencer is and, apparently, are somehow cooperating, not attacking each other and making their way towards Fencer.

Emrik and Amara
“I’m what?” Emrik sputtered, freezing as he watched the teachers leave, “What the f…udge. Fudge.” He sighed, looking at the little kid, “Mako hunny, momma will be back in a moment, ok? Some kids got in a mess.”

Amara looked exhausted. She plopped back on her butt and just watched as Emrik checked her over. He didn’t even grumble once. In fact he was being nice! He checked her wrists and ankles, made sure her stomach was okay, and just nodded along a mental checklist.

“Okay. I don’t think you’re really hurt much. Like IQ said. Don’t strain yourself too hard today and tomorrow, you don’t wanna be useless for class, right?” He grumbled, standing back up and moving next to the kid, “Can you move alright? Get yourself some water before you wander off and do something.”

Amara was so embarrassed she didn’t say a word, she just nodded to what he said. He was right. She needed to take it easy and definitely needed to hydrate. She stood up, a little shaky but otherwise ok, “I… I can walk… thanks. I’ll um… I’ll go get water and a snack.”

“Don’t go grabbing anything too heavy yet. In fact just grab a Gatorade or something like that. Something easy on your stomach,” he ordered, folding his arms as he waited and watched Amara walk away. She was definitely sore. He looked to the kid, “Hey Mako. What do you think… do you think Lunch Rush might have some extra desserts lying around? How about we go check.”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Absollover77 Absollover77 IG42 IG42 Castello Castello Nene_Chan18 Nene_Chan18

'Hmmm… how should I go about this…'
Alirah was repeatedly strafing her character left and right while concocting an idea of how to go forward with the game. She flicked her eyes to the time that indicates how many minutes they have before the round would end. It was at 18 minutes currently and started out with 20. 'Two minutes have passed, I must stay alive for the rest and beat Chuu-chan's a**!' Alirah then shot a cheeky look to Charles while tapping away at her controller. ‘He must not win!’

Alirah jumped her character onto the second platform for only a second to catch the attention of one of the bots, the one with the hammer in specific. Then she would quickly drop her Baseballer character all the way down to the sixth platform, Hammer wielder following close behind. She wiggled the joystick on her controller in a circle and simultaneously pressed two other buttons at the same time to have the Baseballer do a spinning move, holding the base all out to then strike the Hammer wielder directly into the chest with a massive amount of force. The Hammer wielder was blasted backwards towards the edge of the platform but then dragged their hammer across the ground to stop themselves just before the edge.

The hammer user brought their hammer up and slammed it down onto the platform, creating a tremor with a shockwave coming out of it. Alirah narrowly dodged the attack, getting hit by some debris while escaping by using her double jump ability to go upwards onto the fifth platform. She went back to the sixth platform after the Shockwave dissipated. 'If I want to face off with Chuu-chan, I need to get this bot out of here and stop taking damage!' Alirah strafed the Baseballer gal back and forth a few times while thinking of what to use to get the Hammer wielder off of the map. ‘What if I come at it the same way that I come at my opponents in real life?....’ Alirah had a sudden idea of what she should do. She would go from above. Alirah eyed Charles’ Fencer character to make sure he wasn't near. ‘Ah, still with the other bot…. Perfect.’ While Charles was still preoccupied, Alirah double jumped to the fifth platform, then jumped up to the fourth so as to confuse the Hammer wielder. She then ran her Baseballer to be above the Hammer wielder, then jumped down and used a smash ability on the Hammer weilder’s head which left him very wounded. ‘Now to finish him!’ A second after landing, Alirah combined the spinning attack with a slam, hitting the Hammer wielder which blasted him off of the map to fall to his demise. Alirah then looked over to Charles. “Beat that, Chuu-Chan!!” She purposefully said his nickname a little louder for extra emphasis.

DONNY YANG

TWxnSmCtw0oMR7Ka1zEIxolfwzJoGW8Vl4RbIEglP29NSOHunbBhQ1Wr-4aLQRUhu6C5hYdFolGUSyxL6Zh8kHVVr9BXB4rsbFtn73kw8gGcyz5TbjcJX366Eve6iEFIiV3J9mtr

Donny was quiet surprised at the turn out. He expected maybe two or three, possibly none at all. But a lot of people wanted to come train! He was nervous, wondering if maybe he should let someone else take the lead, but he also didn't want to burden someone with that responsibility. He figured he could handle it himself: After all, all he needs to do is let the teachers know he's going to go train. How hard could it be? "C-C-C-C-Cool! Let's uh, just lemme text the t-t-t-teachers and um.... Yeah, we go." Taking out his phone Donny texted the teachers on the official school line, letting them know he's not going to be at the dorms but he is going to be training at school. Since he's technically still in trouble, Donny's suppose to be doing stuff like this. He really hopes Asuka doesn't get caught, since she's kinda in the same boat as him. Once the teachers had been texted, Donny leads whoever to the training grounds.

Current, Training Ground D was available. Unlike the urban sprawl of the other areas, this one was an artifical forests, with trees, cliffs, and even a river. It provides a lot of places to hide for both heroes and villains, and the uneven terrain and unpredictable wildlife could make all the difference in a pitch battle. Still, Donny didn't expect things to be too difficult. Setting up the training program, since there was a lot of people here Donny opted to go with the "attacking a hidden villain encampment" training. The enemy were numerous and hidden somewhere fortified. If the group just goes charging in, they'll likely get shot to pieces. But looking at the ground, Donny was pretty certain they could handle themselves once they manage to infiltrate. Even Donny already had a plan in mind.

"O-Okay everyone so um, today we're going to a-a-a-attack a bad guy base, in the forest. The r-r-r-robots are using nonlethal g-g-g-g-guns so um, don't get shot. T-T-T-The objective is to 'secure and arrest' the b-b-b-b-boss bot inside, but he's p-p-p-pretty tough and got some minions too, so let's work together, okay?" Donny says to the group after he had changed into his hero costume. It wasn't much, just some athletic wear underneath a sick black coat and an iron mask. He looked over to Sean, who had asked Donny about his quirk previously, but Donny didn't immediately awnser since his mind was preoccupied with organizing everyone together. "M-M-M-My quirk um... Let's me use black tendrils, to lash out, wrap people up, t-t-t-that sorta thing. T-T-T-They can come out of my hands, or back." Donny demostrated by creating a ball of black tendrils in his hands. While it wasn't his true quirk, it wasn't as if he doesn't use his quirk like this anyways. His true quirk was just much more... Extreme about it.

"I think, what'll be a good idea, is if we s-s-s-split into teams. One g-g-g-group to distract all the guard bots, and another to s-s-s-sneak in to fight the boss when he's a-a-alone. Thoughts?"

Kobayashi Akira – Beatdown | | Quirk: Phantom

Mentions/Interactions: Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher (Donny) | IG42 IG42 (Bryn/Akemi) | Deathkitten Deathkitten (Sean) | Archdemon Archdemon (Haruto) | SilverInu SilverInu (Asuka) MisoraUni MisoraUni (Eliza) | Uasal Uasal (Clair) | @(Anyoneatthedorms)

Memories And Expectations

Akira listened in calmly to every bicker and conversation in the room. Sagging shoulders, a coffee stain on his pant leg, soulless eyes as cold as the biting wind – yet he felt something tugging at the corners of his mouth. The overall ambiance was pleasant, welcoming to some extent. Started to make him think he could bear a couple of years locked up with these people, that is, if every morning was going to be like this. Allowing that smile to fully stretch, Akira realized just how monotonous his life must’ve been if he was feeling such satisfaction at something so…Mundane. An afterthought to most, an orchestra of homely feelings to him. Beginning to feel at ease, he heard something rustling. A quiet rumbling at his feet, almost masked by the back-and-forth flying through the room.

He decided to ignore it, what could possibly ruin this morning anyways?

At the sight of someone walking up to him, he straightened up – “Name’s Kobayashi Aki-“ Then he realized what could ruin this lovely morning. As he slung the words carelessly, a tremor of wall and floor followed along almost on cue, and before he could properly react, what once was a small rumble turned into a heavy hit that violently shook the room in a matter of seconds – “…ra.” – He ended, his head jerking away as he had to clench his teeth at the burning sensation clinging to his face. Feeling something warm sliding down his face, clinging to his shirt, he finally let out a faint grumble. He brought a hand to one side of his face, analyzing the brown liquid in the palm of his hand with a detached stare.

“Ah.” – Akira had spilled an entire cup of coffee all over himself.

Thankfully he could claim the redness in his face to be a minor coffee burn, the drape of wet hair and the overall mess still gushing down his face helped to put up a pretense for the tears too – “Sorry about that. Seems like the world’s ending outside or something…I didn’t get any coffee on you, did I?” – Akira had noticed a while ago just how robotic his tone went whenever he tried to guise his embarrassment. A polite tone, an almost surgical body language, a flip of a switch and the happy-go-lucky blasé kind of guy had a gigantic frown on him. He knew it wasn’t anger at anyone else; it was almost on instinct, to hold back the urge to cry. Akira had picked up on that habit since his seventh birthday – “Agh… Never in my life am I making coffee again.” – Letting out a huff to loosen up his tightened nerves, he slicked his hair back and turned once more to the girl that had spoken to him a moment ago.

“Akira Kobayashi.” – He addressed her bluntly; flashing a quick once-over just to make sure none of his mess had gotten onto her. There was the need to hold out for a handshake, but he held onto that thought, he continued – “Nice to meet you all, but I need to go get a change of clothes right now.” – With that, Akira waved at the few who had the courtesy to hand out names; he took a moment to tug at the neck of his T-shirt – darting up the stairs as fast as he could once he got it unglued to his torso, motioning for a pair of shadowy hands to clean up. Sure, he would most likely lose a minute or two worth of quirk, but he could not bear the thought of kneeling down in front of everyone else to clean up the small pond of coffee he’d left behind. He was used to being laughed at, but this was just excessive for first impressions. The rest in the common room would’ve seen Akira’s Phantom diligently soaking up the mess with rolls upon rolls of paper towels, going up to the small trail Akira had left in his wake, only catching a beat to look up once a loud door slam was heard upstairs.

Inside his room, Akira noticed his luck getting better and going strong, he threw himself on the bed and let out a drawn out grunt – Dully noting he wasn’t thinking straight when he realized he was a walking-talking coffee stain…A coffee stain that had just thrown itself at white bed sheets – “You have got to be…” – He made a face, threw his head back and stifled another grunt.

Morning was going great so far.

A minute later and that gut-wrenching nausea from earlier had dissipated; Akira had washed the coffee off his hair and resisted the urges to throw his entire room out the window, getting rid of anything with even the slightest smell of coffee still clinging to it. He formed ‘a pile of shame’ as he called it, bed sheets and unusable clothes stacked in a corner – He would deal with those later. For now, clothes. Avoiding awkward gazes from his peers for later. Just the common misadventures of the luckiest guy on earth – “Well, that was…Something.” – He sighed, shrugging on a jacket as he braced himself to head out once more. Only to be stopped mid-stride by a sound, ringing throughout the room.

It wasn’t exactly a ring, it was an awfully loud guitar solo he’d recorded as an alarm for important days – It was also the ringtone he’d set for important calls. He took a deep breath, held the phone close to his face – “Dad…? You there?”

Silence on the other side of the line, the longest four seconds of his entire life. It was asphyxiating, palpable enough for him to almost feel it wrapping its hand around his neck. It had been a couple of days since he's had a word with his dad, and that alone made him feel alienated in a sense. That silence quickly dispersed with the pitter patter of feet scrambling near; drowning out a clamor he could recognize just by sound.

Then it started – “Sorry about that…!” – His dad could be heard bellowing to someone – “Akira? You haven’t called, kid! ‘Fame got to you or what? How’s everything now that you can enjoy your uninterrupted twelve hours of sleep?” – Even through the static of the phone, his dad managed to sound so upbeat and cheery, something just clicked whenever he began talking. As always, and almost decadent contrast to his son’s way of presenting himself, but nonetheless, Akira enjoyed being the moon if it meant his dad was the sun.

“Wouldn’t call it uninterrupted… Sorry for not calling it’s just– Things have been wild. I’m not used to it yet. As to how it’s going…?” – Akira drew out those last words, a little bit of silence on the line as he tutted to himself – “I’ve got everyone eating out of the palm of my hand. I kid you not, already famous. Teachers love me, kids want to be like me; It’s hard being the best, gets lonely at the top – Y’know?”

Akira blew on his nails as an impish smirk grew on him, starting to chuckle once his dad began doing so too in unison – “Yeah, I can already imagine. But for real though, how have you been getting along with everyone? If anything’s on your mind you can always-“

“I know…I’ll give you guys a call. So far everything's good, I’ve only been here for a couple of days. ‘Can’t say I’ve made any friends, but you already know I'm never on my own.”

“Oh... New guy rookie numbers, huh? I’ve been there before, just give them some time; you’ve got some personality on you, I’m sure you’ll make a lot of friends.”

Akira muted his end for a second – “Personality? That’s one hell of a stretch…” – He paused to stare daggers at the pile of shame, letting out a low growl as a smile dripping with cynicism escaped him.

He got back to his dad – “New guy big numbers soon, hopefully. Working on it, I guess… “ – Akira slumped on his roller chair, leaned back and listened in.

“Oh!” – His dad started all of a sudden – “Have you tried on your costume yet?”

“Costu– Huh? What do you mean?” – His let out a hoarse chuckle, Akira could almost envision him standing there shaking his head – “I packed something up for you. It’s a Frankenstein’s monster of my old costume back when I was licensed; I patched it up and left it in one of your boxes. Thought, you’d miss it…”

“What…?” – Akira struggled not to drop his phone at that moment, feeling a latch at his throat, the world blurred until it all zoned out. He stalled, his eyes darting in a startled loss of focus at his own hand moving to open the only remaining box. It was neatly folded on top of a pile of other clothes inside the box; he held it in front of his eyes, not realizing he’d been holding onto his breath until now. A blazer, stylized, embellished in a monotone wasteland of monochrome, his eyes widening as his gaze got lost in the golden patterns that went from its white half to the darkened one, inside that black and white was a grey dress shirt – cadence to those colors brought by red slacks adorned with the same streaks of gold. He’d seen this before, and as he turned the blazer around he was met with a sight he couldn’t quite make out – The entire world was veiled in the no-hue color of tears at that point.

One thought grew into another, and he ended up stumbling on a thousand more. It was strange just how vividly he could recall the first time he had broken out of his monotony, he couldn’t erase from his memory the moment his dad took him to one of those big cities. The rumble and endless bustle of thousands upon thousands of pedestrians roaming the night, everyone stuck in a labyrinth of neon lights, and then there was a young daydreamer who’d gotten lost in the otherworldly feeling of leaving the four walls of his apartment for something else. He couldn’t remember what he was doing back then, why his dad had brought him along, all he could remember was staring wide-eyed at the same strokes of gold amalgamating in the costume his dad wore, flowing through until they reached the back and formed an explosion of shapes. What stared at him this time, however, was the golden shape of a symbol. An ‘X’ and an ‘O’ framed by a dozen, ever-flowing drove of golden shapes.

“Akira?” – The world jutted back into motion once more, he turned to where he had left his phone – “D…Dad, I– I gotta go now… Th-They're waiting on me. I’ll call you later.” – Not waiting on a response, Akira hung up. Finally letting go of his breath in a burst, as though he’d resurfaced from the depths of the ocean. He balled his fist where he stood. It didn’t feel like he earned the right to don this, not at all. Yet this small gesture made him feel as though the fruits his dad had bore were being passed onto him. All that trust, and he already began feeling the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Even if it gave him more drive, he still had nothing but doubt as he looked at it.

A couple of minutes later, Akira was shown at Training Grounds D along with the other members of the group; he appeared much different this time around. His hair was properly combed, his stance fixed, and he was donning his new suit proudly. Needless to say he would cry his eyes out if dirt got into his dress shirt or if one of the golden patterns was torn off in the middle of training – “You’re telling me this school just has a gang of villain robots at the ready? U.A. doesn’t play around…” – Hands stuffed in his pockets, he let out an amused whistle as he eyed the scenery. Saying that it was overwhelmingly big would be to claim that grass is green, this was just too much

“Sounds like a plan, Donny! That’s your name right……?” – He muttered the last – “I volunteer to go wreck the main robot, don’t think I’d do much as a distraction. I’m more of a main event type, only good in one-on-one fights.” – Akira tried to give a brief explanation, one hand leaving his pocket to scratch the back of his head, rustling his hair into a slightly messier mop in the process – “As for my quirk, eh… I punch hard…? I guess that’s the only way I could explain it. Got a mean right hook, left hook’s even worse – That type of stuff.”

Last edited:
CODE / ARKNIGHT
Charles Reiss IV
The weight of tradition

“Nicely done, [ENG]dar~ling!” - he answered ( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) her taunt, saying the last part slowly and loud enough for others players at the arcade to hear it, shooting her a sideways glance, while getting visibly flushed. Seeing how Alirah had skilfully dispatched one of the bots, now he had to put in his share of work on it. During the girl’s brawl against the other bot, his own position was quite a bit draw-ish. His computer controlled enemy kept its distance, using footsies to move back and forth. At medium range, Charles started using Fencer long range, quick poking, to stir some reaction from it. At some point, the character simply decided to use his mobility harpoon once again. This time, he managed to block and even with the blocking in place, the AI still opted to close the distance, pulling on the chain and propelling its character towards the épée wielding swordsman. When the bot touched his character, the young aristocrat performed a grabbing move, in which the Fencer slammed the pommel of the sword on top of the AI’s head, making it start falling down unconscious, first kneeling down.

When the character kneeled, the Fencer started to charge a powerful kick, raising its right knee and flexing the lower part of its leg backwards. After Fencer charged its attack in that position for quite a bit, it released a strong kick forward, worming towards the same direction as it, which hit the bot squarely in its face, making it skid backwards towards platform number 1, its body dragging through the ground of platform number 2. Pressing the advantage, Charles conducted his character in a running motion towards the bot, in the hopes of hitting it, on wake up, and forcing it out of the platform. To his surprise, when the Fencer approached the harpoon-wielding foe, it was attacked by an impalement special move, in which the bot forced the harpoon through the swordsman stomach, dealing quite a chunk of damage, jumping from 15% damage to 50% damage. Not only that, but the special move also changed their positions, with the bot slamming its foe on the ground, after turning around. This meant that now Fencer was on the left edge of platform number two.

“If I keep losing HP like that, I have no chance of hearing Ali call me by my righteous nickname!” - the young Reiss re-focused his efforts, knowing that he hand to deal with the enemy bot, and he had to do it quickly. Looking at the timer, a good chunk of time had already gone by, now the match having 12 minutes left. Look at the screen, he quickly scanned it for Alirah’s character, seeing she was still away from them, certainly waiting for the conclusion of his own brawl against the enemy bot. He certainly didn’t fault her for doing that, as he certainly would have done the same in her shoes. And, which that, his character recovered and, which his commands, it felt on platform number 3. After reaching said platform, he quickly commanded Fencer to move slightly to the right, forcing the bot to chase him and end up on disadvantage as soon as it started to fall on the same platform. Charles started a flurry of attacks done in an upward motion, poking upwards and making the descend of the AI controlled character come to a halt.

The poking continued, for quite a bit of time, as it only pushed the enemy character slightly in the opposing direction, not giving it enough breathing room to perform an air-recovery. It looked like the young heir had, unknowingly, discovered a game-breaking oversight in his first attempt of playing the game. He abused the said oversight, until the bot damage showed a nice and fat 120% damage to its HP. At that point, he made his character jump and perform an air strong attack. The Fencer spun in mid-air, quickly, and hit the harpoon-wielding foe with the back of his sword-wielding hand, right on its cheek. It made the bot shoot away, being forced out of the screen boundaries and making it lose - “Now it is only the two of us” - he said, smiling towards the girl gently while he looked at her.

“Oh… Is that how it is, huh?” Alirah looked to the time as it continued ticking, it was now at ten minutes. Alirah’s Baseballer was still located on the sixth platform. Alirah cracked her knuckles then began to tap away, controlling the Baseballer so that it strafed back and forth. She then made the Baseballer jump up onto the fifth platform. She once again strafed back and forth a few times before jumping up to the fourth platform. Again, she strafed the Baseballer back and forth. This time however, she would stay on the fourth platform. “Alright, let’s tussle! Either you come to me, or I come to you. Your choice!” Alirah's eyes were glued to the screen, ready to react to what the Fencer would do. The time they had left to fight was now eight minutes.

Amara
Amara got water, a small snack, a bottle of Gatorade, and decided she was just going to take a normal, boring, plain old walk. Even if she was exhausted and sporting a couple of light bruises, she couldn't just go back to sleep and ruin her schedule. She needed to do something with her time. She yawned as she walked back out of the school and out into the city. She had no goal in mind, just sip the sports drink, not use her quirk anymore today, and zone out.

She meandered with no destination in mind, tending towards areas with more plants and wildlife in the city, and ended up at a park near the water. There were so few people around. She could see one man... woman? They had white-silver hair that was long, down most of their back. She got closer on her walk, and saw they were indeed a man, and that he was feeding some birds.

It was so calming that she felt drawn to it. She loved animals... though to be fair there was little she didn't like when it came to the natural world. There were just very different forms of appreciation, like from an insect having a respectable admiration, to a kitten being so darn cute she wanted to explode. Amara walked up behind, and then to the side of the handsome man, smiling sweetly as she managed the courage to speak up. She needed to make more friends.

"H-hi, um, sir... Ah, could I maybe join you? My... my name's Amara," she managed, voice soft and sweet, so utterly genuine. A bird on the back of the bench near his shoulder didn't even get scared away, in fact, it just approached her. She gave it scritches, wincing slightly when it jumped onto her wrist, "I love animals. They're so calming like this."

Absollover77 Absollover77

|Kallen K. Griffin|
The blood god's afternoon
original.jpg

Kallen's morning was quite eventful to say the least his usual spot had quite the unusual disturbance with what looked to be a girl with silver hair like his and fox ears, landing there along with a purple haired girl and a young finely dressed boy with brown hair. He looked oddly familiar but Kallen just shrugged it off, he was enjoying the weather and the fact that he was living another day in peace. The ruckus they caused though, had scared away the animals he was watching. He didn't blame the kids, it was just a Sunday, and U.A. isn't exactly far away from here. They are likely students there, not that it was any of his business. When they left after all the things going on he reached into a bag and tossed out some bread crumbs and seeds for the birds and waited for them once again.

It took about an hour or so before they came back. They again flew away at the sound of a pink haired girl face planting not too far away. It seemed like the gods were playing such a cruel joke on him today. Could he not have a quiet day with the birds even children were more quiet than this in a park. The birds would stay around him even if there was some noise from them. However, when they left the birds returned to him a lot faster than last time. Enjoying the crumbs and seeds in his hand. There were several of them and he had no idea what they were but he enjoyed their company.

Today however, like it was said before was quite unusual. Another new person visited the park today. This one... was different. She didn't frighten the birds, they even went to her and seemed to enjoy her company just like they did with him. He quietly lifted the bag of seeds and crumbs scooting over and offering her a seat wordlessly. She was quite the odd child, just coming up to him and introducing herself. Most are either completely terrified of his existence or just completely are unaware of it. Far be it from him to deny some company especially since birds are good judges of character. If you are gentle enough for a bird to come to you then you must be a kind and friendly sort.

"So... You said you're name is Amara, it's nice to meet you my name is Kallen." He said with a soft voice. His normal voice scared the birds away and he didn't want to do that. He took note of her wincing and hummed a bit. It seemed like she was hurt recently but it wasn't his place to say anything about it, so he'd bring up a different subject other than that. "So, Amara... what brings you to the park today?"

Interaction: Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mentions: Maxxob Maxxob MisoraUni MisoraUni ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Charles Reiss IV
The weight of tradition

“Okay, Ali! I will come to you!” - he said that, with his character quickly making its way to the platform under the one he was at, with the intention of landing on platform number 3. Charles descended his character already using a special move, the sword rush, rushing downwards towards the ( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) Baseballer, which was promptly blocked. From there, what could be seen was alternating attacks in a pretty dense neutral game with long range poking, blocking and footsies. The young aristocrat not even once let his eyes wander of the screen, his shoulders were tense, his fingers moving around the attack buttons and movement stick with extreme speed and caution. He finally found an opening when Alirah used a heavier attack, which had an odd timing. The timing almost made him miss his block window but, luckily, he managed to react on the go.

The fencer started some light, long range poking, the sword thrusting towards the Baseballer while the character moved, ever so slightly towards the opponent, with each attack. After three light pokes, the combo chained into a medium attack, The Fencer, with held the thrusting sword with his right hand, moved the blade and his hand to the height of his left shoulder. With a swift and powerful strike, it quickly slashed the sword forwards and downwards, with a pretty powerful animation. It hit the Baseballer, making her stagger back even further. The combo ended with a sweep, Fencer spinning with his leg extended, hitting the back of the Baseballer’s leg and making her fall down. By then, both players were pretty close to the right edge of the fourth platform.

The young Reiss kept his character close to the girl’s, hoping to capitalize on the wake-up. During the match, he tried to memorize about how long characters took to get up as soon as the player hit the wake-up command. And that was his mistake. It looked like the purple-haired girl had noticed that you could actually delay the wake-up, by pressing not pressing the buttons as soon as she could. The young heir’s timing was horribly off, doing a grabbing motion and Fencer grasping nothing but empty air, whiffing the entirety of the attack. The Baseballer woke-up only a slight moment later, being able to take advantage of the whiffed-grab recovery animation. Alirah was able to perform a combo using the medium attacks of the character: first the Baseballer, holding the bat with both hands, performed an odd thrust against the Fencer’s stomach, making the character bend his torso forwards when the hit connected, in pain. In sequence, just like Babe Ruth, Alirah’s character brought the bat, still holding it with both hand, to her right side. Bending her body slightly backwards and lifting her left leg, standing only on her right one, the Baseballer prepared an extremely brutal swing.

The bat moved savagely through the air, crashing into the Fencer’s face, who was still bending forwards with the strength of the thrust he had received it. When the bat made its cruel contact against the character’s face, a loud ‘CLUNK’ was emitted. The white mask the character was wearing flew away from his face, falling on the platform. An interesting downwards red arrow started pointing at it, with the English words GET written in a big green font, just above it. The home run-worthy hit made against his face was enough to throw the character on the opposite end of the platform, just narrowly missing falling from it. Brows furrowed, Charles looked extremely frustrated by it, not taking even a second to ground recover his character and moving it to the middle of the platform. It looked like both players were back at the neutral game, now with only 4 minutes on the clock to end the game - “Not bad, Ali. Not bad… I won’t give up though!” - he declared, not even moving his eyes for a second away from the screen.

‘Four minutes left...’ Alirah looked at the clock, then back to her character. Alirah had played defensively up to this point, blocking most attacks from the Fencer. Most except for one which did indeed hit her. However, she still had just over half HP left because the earlier trifle with the bot didn’t hit her Baseballer as hard as the Fencer did. However, she hit him just as hard, if not harder. It was hard enough to break off the Fencer’s mask. Alirah was quite surprised at this, but then she had a thought. ‘Why is it saying “GET” on Chuu-chan’s side? Does the Fencer need the mask? Is he weakened without it?’ The mask of the Fencer puzzled Alirah for a minute. Alirah looked at the clock again, three minutes remained.

Alirah positioned the Baseballer so that it was lifting up her bat in a blocking position. She would then keep that position while using the double jump ability. However rather than jumping, since the Baseballer was locked into that position, it launched her forwards into the Fencer, which would then if it hit him, shove the Fencer off of the platform. Alirah then made the Baseballer jump upwards onto the second platform, with the intention of falling back downwards to slam on top of the Fencer. However, that didn’t happen….

A bird suddenly swished passed Alirah's head and landed directly in the middle of Alirah and Charles’ controllers, blocking the screen. It wasn’t just any bird however, it was a crow! Alirah was quite surprised by this and jumped backwards a bit. However, she looked closer at the crow, seeing her very dark purple eyes which caused Alirah to recognize her. “Oh! I know you!” Alirah looked directly into the eyes of the crow. The crow would stare back with an equal intensity. “This crow is my friend! She follows me around sometimes because I helped her once.” Alirah said as she flashed a glance over to Charles. The crow would then stare at Charles for a solid minute. He would most likely feel like this crow has a strange presence, one that an animal wouldn’t typically have, and that it’s gaze would feel very similar to that of Alirah’s. Alirah held out her left hand to the crow and she then broke eye contact with Charles to hop onto Alirah’s hand. The crow then made her way up to Alirah’s left shoulder.

Alirah peered her eyes back to the screen to see that she and Charles ended up in a tie, with the clock showing zero minutes left. “Oh… well I guess the game is over…” Her cheeks then went pinkish. ‘Wait does this mean…. That we both win? I can’t get out of calling him that name then?..... But at least I get to have that bracelet that my crow friend led me to....’ Alirah then looked back to the crow and brought her right hand up to her left shoulder to pat the crow’s head lightly.

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Charles Reiss IV
The weight of tradition

Charles was getting ready for the Baseballer aerial attack, however, it never came. Seeing the bird suddenly swishing inside the arcade ended up giving the young British teenager quite the fright. Eyes widened, he jumped back at the same time ( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) Alirah did it as well, his right hand instinctively reaching for his dull edged sword. What he planned to do with it was a bit of a mystery. Hearing the girl’s friendly voice towards the crow, after closer examination, made the young aristocrat relax, getting back to the position he was in again. He watched the scene between the purple-haired girl and the crow with interest, seeing how it wasn’t afraid of her. The only kinds of birds he was familiar with were wild ducks, which he really only had contact with while hunting.

“She.. she follows you? It certainly looks like a… nice birdy?” - he didn’t know exactly how to respond to what Alirah was saying. Suddenly, the flying animal shot a stare towards him, which he returned with the same intensity. Those dark purple eyes… the way it stared at him. It was just like as the girl beside him. The defiant, curious and fearless stare. He couldn’t help but get even closer, crouching a bit, while having his hands holding onto the arcade machine’s panel. STARE… now at the crow’s eye level, he stared at her, and she stared back. There was something off in that avian and his small, circular pupils, on a brown canvas, couldn’t help but having them draw to it. And then, just like that, got onto the purple’s girl hand when she offered it and, in sequence, moved to her shoulder.

Looking at the black-feathered animal on her shoulder felt odd… it felt right - “Hey, what?! What do you mean, the game is over?! I clearly w-...” - the energetic protest of the young Reiss was cut short when his head turned towards the screen, seeing the ‘TIME OVER’ message and, under it, the word ‘DRAW’. He stood there, in disbelief, looking at the screen. For a moment, it looked like his soul had left his body - “Wait… if it is a draw… then that means…!!!” - and then, in an instant, his energy was back to him body, turning towards Alirah with a spin. The young man had a devilish grin on his face and he peered into the girl’s face, seeing her pinkish cheeks and noticing that she had come to the exact same conclusion as he had - “I think it is time for us to go to that shop to get your bracelet, right Al-... oh wait, I am sorry. Right, da~rling?” - the young heir said her new nickname with much gusto, offering her his right arm for them to make their way to the jewellery shop.

amara.pngAmara
Amara happily took the seat and took a small handful of seeds for the bird on her wrist, "Thanks... I ah... I just wanted to go for a walk."

She smiled at Kallen. His name sounded kind of familiar, and so did his face, but oh well, the birds liked him, "I go to UA, and some of my classmates wanted to spar despite it being a free day. I accepted, and I think we went a little too hard. I'm exhausted thanks to that, but I didn't want to just go back to bed. So... now I'm here."

Her feeding the little bird on her wrist got the attention of more of them, who clambered onto her lap and her arm beside the first bird to get some seeds. She squeaked a little in surprise, but that shortly turned into a soft giggle, "It's not anything different than the other seeds, little guys. I think they thought he was getting a special treat." Amara looked to Kallen, "What brings you here, mister Kallen?"

Asuka looked over at Yang-san, she could see that he was nervous about confronting an opponent.

“yang-san why not try scouting the area before attempting to attack this way we will have a number estimation as well as come up with an attack plan. Going in blind with unknown variable could get some one injured. Yes a surprise attack could work to our advantage only if we know what to expect.” She said as she looked at the forest area letting her eyes scan over the area like she was expecting something to pop out at them at any given moment. Even if this was training she still was alert and treated this like it could be a real life situation.

Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher

Eliza full body - costume outfit (2).jpg

Eliza Mizuno | Cryo Freeze | Quirk: Cryo/ice-manipulation

Eliza heard Haruto speak, and turned to look into his direction as he ever so gracefully descended from the ceiling upside down on his silk. This display however, didn’t make her uneasy in the slightest, she thought it was quite interesting. "Oh, Hello Haruto~ Sure you can join us! Anyone is free to come join us if they choose to." Eliza then took a moment to look at her attire and decided that it wouldn't be the best for training in. She then looked up and eyed the rest of the people that would be joining them. "You guys can go ahead to Training Ground D though if you are all ready. I'm going to change into a more appropriate outfit." Eliza looked over to one of the new students that was heading back to his room to get changed (Akira). She then followed suit and also headed back up to her room.

Eliza sped down the long hallway to get to her room. She was quite excited to train more after Saturday’s class. ‘More training equals better control of my quirk!’ She was very glad that Donny decided to ask them all to train with him. Eliza was going to train anyway, but working in teams is never a bad idea. Once in her room, she looked to an unopened box next to her bed that had arrived earlier that morning. ‘Oh right, I should give my new costume a test run, huh?’ She then picked the box up, placed it onto her bed, and proceeded to open it. Inside was a white leotard type body suit, a pastel lavender pair of athletic looking leggings, a snowboarding helmet, and snow boots. The fabric of the bodysuit and leggings are specially made to regulate Eliza’s body temperature by quite literally cooling her down with nano tech that is sewn into the fibers which sort of attaches to her skin when she is wearing it. The helmet is mainly for protection against debris and projectiles and or other things. The helmet also has connectivity to the internet, and the visor acts as a screen so Eliza can use it as a form of communication among other things. Lastly, the shoes have retractable bottoms to expose Eliza’s feet when needed. She examined each part of her new costume carefully, then put it on. Upon putting on the bodysuit and leggings she felt a tingling feeling, it was the feeling of the fibers attaching to her skin. That meant that it was working. She then switched out her usual insulated water backpack for her water tank pack that she had with the previous costume, as that hasn’t changed.

After a little while, Eliza arrived at Training Ground D. She took a look around, taking note of the river off in the distance. ‘That will be a useful place for me if I run out of water….’ She then listened to Donny as he explained the scenario that they’d be doing today. “Ah, I’d probably be able to do either distraction or getting the boss robot. I can start out with the minions but help with the boss as well once we get to that point… So I guess I’ll start out with the group that are going for the minions.” She looked to Donny as she said this, then looked around to the others. “What about the rest of you guys?”

Interactions: Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher | Archdemon Archdemon | Haze- Haze- | Deathkitten Deathkitten | IG42 IG42 | SilverInu SilverInu | Uasal Uasal | @ Anyone else that is / was in the common area (dorms) and is participating in the training with Donny.

Conroy Smith// IQ// Class 1C Homeroom Teacher
Quirk-Analysis: He can analyze anything and everything for its weaknesses and exploitations!
Power: 1
Speed: 1
Technique: 6
Intelligence: 6
Cooperativeness: 4
Chill: 6

Conroy relaxed as James went about 'patching' everyone up, glancing towards Gao after a moment. "We really should be more careful, but overall...I'm impressed you were as banged up as you were, Gao-san." Taking the sweets offered by James, he promptly offered the handful to Gao with a slight nod. "Get some rest, James. You've already had to do quite a good deal of work. And of course, Ryota-san." Making his way over to the rest of the boys coverings he promptly picked them off, carefully setting them beside Ryota. "Gao-san, I trust you with the students here. Everyone should be fine...you should all feel rather accomplished from the looks of the scene we came back to. But don't push yourselves too hard. I'd love to join you all for food, but I have things I need to do today, so I'll be heading into the city. You all take care." IQ gave a brief bow to all parties before turning on his heel, starting to walk away at a relaxed but brisk pace.
Nene_Chan18 Nene_Chan18 Deathkitten Deathkitten Maxxob Maxxob Castello Castello

Akarui G

Azuza was certainly trying to be encouraging, though it seemed to have the opposite effect for the pink-haired girl, a sad little smile on her lips. "Oh it certainly messes with devices. I mess up tv's in store windows when I pass by too close, and I'm no fun at arcades. My uncle had to make me a special phone that I can use because I kept breaking any I had. I've tried a lot of things to get my quirk stronger...nothing works though. Some quirks are just useless. That's just how things are. Some Quirks aren't cool or powerful." She paused, her bright smile coming back. "Well it looks like you have two already, and you only started recently! And I'll be your friend too if you want! I think multi-cultural influences is a good way to grow....hmm, but too much can be bad. If you outsource too much, you grow a reliance, and then can no longer provide for yourself. It's why some countries in war time suffered through history. They outsourced too severely, and when things went bad they couldn't protect themselves. You have to find a happy middle ground!"

She seemed to brighten up immensely at the mention of Ryuuku, grabbing Azuza's hand out of reflex. "RIGHT!? I love her dress, it's so pretty! Her hairpin is also so interesting, I once made a replica in school before I graduated...b-but then I broke it because it slipped out of my hand and I dropped it." She listened intently as she heard the second best job to have, nodding. "I love sweets to! But...I burn everything I cook...probably because I short the oven out. I'm really happy with my job, personally! I'm an 'honorary secretary'! I even have a specialized computer that I'm able to use!"
15560929404766899fe47b7b9aa242bebc831c459256cebe.png

Aiko Shikaru// Savior// Class 1C 'Nurse'
Quirk-Operating Room: She can create a transparent sphere of up to 60 feet around her to serve as an 'operating room' for spatial manipulation skills!
Power: 1
Speed: 2
Technique: 6
Intelligence: 4
Cooperativeness: 4
Tomboy: 7

As the students busied themselves at Ground D in an effort to come up with a game plan for their training session, the sound of a branch cracking near the treeline could be heard. Bushes and shrubbery rustled as if something was approaching...had one of the training robots found them already? "Heyooo!" Walking out from the treenline was the latest member of the U.A nursing staff, a young woman with a bright smile on her face and a fruit rollup being opened in her hands. "Donny-san sent a text to let the staff know where you folks would be! It's nice to meet you kids, I'm Dr. Aiko Shikaru, 'Savior'! If you need a hand or get banged up, I'll be happy to assist. Beyond that, act like I'm not even here!" She grinned triumphantly as she finally unrolled the fruit rollup, taking a bite of it. "Also, just as a teacher's tip. Even if the weapons are non-lethal, treat them like they are. A bullet is always lethal when you're actively working as a Pro, so always approach training like it's the real thing."
RDT_20211009_1303125851396280524051825.png

MisoraUni MisoraUni Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher Archdemon Archdemon Haze- Haze- Deathkitten Deathkitten IG42 IG42 Uasal Uasal SilverInu SilverInu

The crow on Alirah’s left shoulder flashed it’s gaze between her and Charles when he referred to Alirah as “darling.” The crow then hopped over to Alirah’s right shoulder as Alirah begrudgingly went to Charles’ right side. “Yes! The bracelet. Let’s go get that shall we?” She was oblivious to the fact that he wanted to link arms, instead she just grabbed his hand, gripping it tightly and yanked him forwards as she turned towards the doors of the arcade. “I know exactly where the bracelet is. I have actually been to this mall once before… About a month ago when I was initially checking out U.A…. I just momentarily forgot which direction it was from the school.” She had started walking in the direction of the arcade's exit, Charles being dragged behind her unless he could keep up the pace.

She went straight after exiting, then took a right shortly afterwards. She went out of the arcade the same way they had come to get back to the main part of the mall. She then took a sharp right turn to end up in front of the escalator to go up to the second floor of the mall. Then she stepped onto the escalator to go upwards. Afterwards, making an immediate left. They passed by a shoe cleaning place, a salon, and a few clothing stores. Then finally, about 11 minutes later after they had exited the arcade, they arrived upon a small jewelry boutique.

The design of the boutique contrasted that of the mall, having a rather traditional inspired design. It looked as if they had just entered an ancient Japanese home. Before entering inside completely, there was a sign that said to take their shoes off, to which Alirah obliged. Then she released Charles' hand and glanced at him. "This is the place…." She paused, looked downwards shyly, took a deep breath, and then very quickly stammered out, "D- da- darling." She preferred to keep the Japanese accent while addressing Charles with the new nickname. Alirah then peered into his eyes sheepishly. Her cheeks had lit up with a peachy tone. "A-anyway, take your shoes off before entering the whole way please!" She then spun around and walked into the boutique the rest of the way.

The crow then flew off of Alirah's shoulder and landed directly in front of the owner who was sitting at the counter. The bird eyed the owner, then flapped a wing as if to motion to Alirah. The owner was a woman that looked about 55 years old. She is quite short, shorter than Alirah even, and is sitting on a high stool, wearing traditional attire, with small round glasses positioned at the tip of her nose. The woman looked to the crow and then followed its wing motion to look at Alirah. She pushed up her glasses to get a clearer view. "Ah, is this the one coming for the bracelet?" The crow nodded its head slightly. The woman seemed to also know the crow. The woman then stood up and used her hand to beckon Alirah to come to her. “Come forth child. What you seek is in the back room. The little birdie here told me to keep it safe.” Alirah walked over to the woman, and tilted her head a tad. “She told you?....” Alirah scratched the back of her head. 'Wait how did she even know what I wanted?' The owner didn’t elaborate any further upon that. She simply took Alirah into the back room, leaving Charles to wait out in the store with the crow. The crow would then continue to stare at Charles, first looking him up and down, then staring directly into his eyes, much like when they first met in the arcade. After a minute the bird then flew on top of a high shelf behind Charles and proceeded to wait there.

Once they were in the back room, Alirah asked the woman a question regarding the bracelet. “Sooo… Where is the bracelet at? Also how much do I have to pay for it? I hope it’s not too expensive…” Although Charles didn’t seem to lack in the money department, it didn’t sit right with her having him buy something super expensive for her. The short woman looked up to Alirah, a cheeky smile appearing onto the woman’s face. “Oh, well…” She said as she turned herself around and grabbed a step stool out from a cabinet. “What you desire is up here!” She placed the stool down in front of a display that was high off of the ground and had a curtain hiding what was in it away from any peering eyes. The woman then opened the curtain to reveal the bracelet resting atop a bed of soft black velvet fabric.

Alirah's bracelet.png Alirah's samurai family crest - kamon.png

The bracelet was a cuff bracelet and appeared to have some sort of sakura flower with yin yang symbols in the center of it. Outwards from the center there were swirling S patterns that stop midway towards the ends of the bracelet. The bracelet was also lined with dark purple accent colors. It seemed to fit right in with Alirah’s chosen color scheme. Alirah’s eyes widened with awe as soon as she saw the bracelet. “Wow! It’s so pretty!” The woman then lifted the bracelet out of the display case. “Indeed it is. Perfectly fitting for a pretty girl such as yourself. Oh and……” The woman paused. “And??” Alirah questioned her, tilting her head to the left. “I’ll give it to you at a discounted price.” Alirah was taken aback by this, surely something of this craftsmanship would be really expensive, yet the owner was willing to discount it? “Why? Why for me? Are you sure?” The woman became serious. “One day… one day you will know why. That day however, is not today….” She then went back to her cheeky smile. “So, young lady, I will give this to you for, Hmmm…..“ The woman tapped her chin for a moment. “5,713 yen” (50 usd). Alirah’s mouth then gaped open in surprise. “Really? Only that much?” The woman looked at Alirah with a kind smile. “Yes of course…. You do want this bracelet do you not?” Alirah nodded furiously. “Yes, Yes I want it!” The woman then patted Alirah on the shoulder. “It’s settled then, let’s go back out so you can pay~”

Alirah and the woman were only gone in the back room for about 5 minutes. Afterwards, they came back out. Alirah was sporting a bright chipper smile as she came outside. The woman was holding the bracelet with a pair of microfiber gloves. She went to the counter. “So I assume the young man over there is going to be paying for this bracelet?” The owner eyed Charles questioningly. Alirah then went over to Charles, grabbed his hand again and brought him over to the counter. “Yes, yes he is.” She looked at him with a bubbly smile. “Perfect. That’ll be 5,713 yen please.” The woman began to carefully place the bracelet into a specialized wooden case with the same symbol that was on the bracelet engraved into the top of it. She then placed the case with the bracelet now inside into a paper gift bag with delicately placed tissue paper in it to protect the bracelet.

Last edited:
seanmha2.pngSean
Donny seemed like the perpetually nervous type. It was a little annoying, but mostly just made him feel like he had to take pity on the boy. He followed beside Donny, keeping near his side in a sly, protective manner. The artificial location was decent, more of a naturalistic terrain. Sean was a little excited for the prospect. Donny spoke again, detailing the plan, a "bad buy base", robots with non-lethal projectiles, and securing a "boss bot". Entertaining premise.

He answered his question, which he had forgotten he had asked by this point. He gave a small smile, an attempt at being friendly with the boy, "That sounds like a rather useful quirk. I can feel it's fairly strong." He patted Donny's shoulder. Sean had the feeling he was leaving something out, but it didn't matter, "Breathe. You're doing a great job. I'll join your team, Donny. I'm not gonna change into a costume, though."

"Akira. Eliza. You two should go together to the boss. Donny, you and I should create an opening for them and deal with the trash," he paused, staring at Aiko for a long few seconds before shaking his head disapprovingly, "We need at least one person for scouting. Who wants to do that? And then the rest should be generalists. Aiko." He turned, looking again at the woman, not giving her any honorifics, "Join us for this and show us what you got. You can heal us or whatever if we get too injured, but until then, join the enemy side. It'll be better for training."

Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher (Donny) | IG42 IG42 (Bryn/Akemi) | ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles (Aiko) | Archdemon Archdemon (Haruto) | SilverInu SilverInu (Asuka) MisoraUni MisoraUni (Eliza) | Uasal Uasal (Clair) | Haze- Haze- (Akira)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back