• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

ManofManyRoles

Fantasy and Sci-fi Enthusiast
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
U.A.-High-School-from-My-Hero-Academia.jpg

U.A High! Arguably one of the, if not THE, best high school to attend for hero courses and to become a pro hero! With the league of villains lurking in the shadows, the damage caused by the fight with the Shie Hassakai, and a slow drop in the faith of some in the capabilities of heroes, it was time for action if the world was to be kept safe! Though U.A is known for running only two hero courses, a whole third course has been added given circumstances! Pulling from both students who barely missed the cut for the hero course at U.A as well as promising students from other academies, Principal Nezu has created Class 1C! Hiring both previous students who became successful pro's and successful pro's in general from the hero community, what does the future hold for the class, their teachers, and the school?

It was but minutes after the first bell had been rung, signaling the start of classes for the day for both student and faculty, class 1C filled with the newest students of the class. At the front of the classroom stood a smartly dressed small white mammal, smiling as he waved to the class. "Hello, class! As some of you may know, I am principal Nezu! For those of you who do not know me, I may look a bit strange I suppose. Am I a mouse? A dog? A bear? That's for you to decide I suppose!" The short-statured individual folded his arms behind his back, continuing his introduction. "With recent happenings in the news, I thought it best to try to expand the hero program. I know it may seem strange jumping in as second years. There is no doubt you have catching up to do, but it'd be inconsiderate to put you back in first year lessons. Beyond that, I have faith in all of you, you have shown impressive capabilities with your quirks and an ability to learn. I think you'll catch up in no time! Now, you all should be having your lessons, so I'll introduce your teacher and be on my way!" He turned his face towards the door, motioning in a 'come in' fashion. "You can come in now!"

The door slid open, allowing the somewhat shorter than average male to wander in in full hero attire, offering a calm little smile to the class, fixing his glasses after a moment. "Hello, everyone. I'm IQ, I'll be your homeroom teacher while you're in class 1C. There's other new staff that got brought on, I asked one to swing by when he has a chance, but for now I think it's best we hop into it, I guess." The redheads tone was soft and relaxed, as if suddenly being hired as a teacher was as normal as waking up for his routine. Making his way to the front of the class he knelt down to shake Nezu's hand, the small mammal returning the shake. "Thank you for agreeing to teach the class, I'm sure you'll do a great job. Perhaps you can stop by my office later and we can have a game of chess as well!" IQ's shoulders slumped just a bit, a comical bead of sweat at his temple. "Sir...I always went 45 to 0 against you." "That is fair I suppose! Well, if you want to lose again, feel free to come in!" Nezu gave a slight laugh before wandering out, leaving IQ to take up a position behind the front desk, leaning against it slightly. "I was actually a student for UA when I was your age, but I doubt any of you really came her to talk about my personal life. If you know me, that's cool I guess, never really figured myself as spotlight material. If you don't, that's also fine. I'd like us to take a moment to go around the room, introduce yourself to your classmates. And me as well."
main-qimg-18227542c311ecd9009acf6833f77ea9
944eca6c9bdde4a2ee931694784eed27.jpg
Human Instrumentality Human Instrumentality Sire Denathrius Sire Denathrius DovahBeat DovahBeat sullen sullen Magus Magus Deathkitten Deathkitten Castello Castello Junn Junn Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne PlusUltra PlusUltra IG42 IG42 Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon SilverInu SilverInu Mokoa16 Mokoa16 BigManHimself BigManHimself FlorenceTheDragonGirl FlorenceTheDragonGirl Bornlucky Bornlucky Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher

(Only realized this now but I should make a template for my character. Nothing will have to do for now. Also on mobile)

Sabjorn sat at the back of the class, his big scaly feet propped up on his desk. He didn't exactly want to go first, wasn't the most friendly person. He couldn't help but speak up, though.

"So, what d'you want us to even say? Just our names? That seems pretty boring and useless in my opinion."

He leaned back in his chair, arms crossed. He was well aware he was a foreigner to them, what with his mixed Icelandic-American accent. Not to mention he did not look Japanese at all. Combine that with his attitude, and he was bound to stick out. That, and he was pretty tall.

"Why don't we do something more interesting? Like do something with our quirks? It's way to cramped in here, anyways, I wanna stretch my wings." He complained a moment later, turning his attention to looking out the window.

1628120047281.pngNatasha
"Yello!" Natasha said, standing up once the scary principal guy left. She had seen some stories of that guy, and oof. He looked cute but she was totally intimidated. "I'm Natasha Ibra," she explained, bowing politely, though her American accent was clear as day, "I'm a military brat from the big American base. Mister-wanna-stretch-my-wings, don't be boring or useless, then. Anyway! My choices were either this or the military like my mom and pop, and they chose this for me. That said, I hope to enjoy it here. I've done well in my previous schools... if you ignore homework material. I do great on tests! My quirk is "Roulette", and my chosen hero name is "Irregularia". Basically, my quirk changes day to day. It's a pain, not a blessing, I assure you. I'm 16, straight as an arrow, an above-average 5'5", and... well I guess that's about it. My family is from the middle of nowhere in the states, but I've never really left the base much."

She plopped back down into her seat and gave a wide grin at the boy that had spoken before her. Someone was standoffish already. She'd never understood that sort of behaviour, but oh well. More entertainment for the rest of them.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles DovahBeat DovahBeat

1628120718324.pngAmara
Oh, gods... already with the introductions... Mister Nezu seemed nice... and the teacher seemed nice, even though he only really introduced himself as IQ. That was a hero around here, probably... Darn it why didn't she bother to look up stuff? She was just some bumpkin! Amara was shivering ever so slightly and bunched her too-long sleeves into her fists to try to comfort herself. She bounced up to her feet and bowed in half, speaking quickly so she could just get this over with, "I... I'm Amara Sarki. I... I'm from Greece but I moved here years ago with my parents and my quirk is "Mirroring" which basically kind of bounces back attacks... sort of. I... um... named myself "Recoil" for hero purposes... a... and I wanna be a hero to help people... Sorry. I went too long. Thank you."

She sat down, after saying everything in a panic-breath, and stared at her lap. People were probably looking at her...

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles DovahBeat DovahBeat

藤読大和 Yamato Fujiyomi
Yamato took note of the Foreigners whom had been assigned to her class. "Well this isn't anything new..." Thinking to herself about the boisterous male whom sat at the corner of the class. She glanced around at those visible to her, taking the social que that she was next to present. Taking a deep breath she stood up to present herself to her peers; and teacher. Quickly bowing her head in respect to the male who headed the class.
"My name is Fujiyomi Yamato, please call me Tomo. I was born and raised in Osaka Japan, my goal is to head the Police Force!" Her voice would ring loud and clear, the tone of a eccentric warrior in training. Raising her head she would lock her emerald hues into those of her teachers. "I look forward to working with you Shishou!" She spoke with a similar tone. Taking her seat once again, she nervously grasped her knuckles within her palm. Slowly popping each individual knuckle to a feeling of slight distress. Wincing once every so often, she eagerly anticipated hearing from the other students; no her comrades.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Asuak looked at the principal and found him a bit weird but said noting about it since it would have been rude. She found it a bit odd that a principal would play chess when he needed to focus his attention making sure thing go smoothie for the newly joined students who were just thrown in to the middle of a deep pool. Yes chess was a game of strategy but there was a time and place for that. With a sigh she stood up next.

“ Hello, I am Yuki Asuka. I was born here and japan. I spend my free time reading… Due of my quirk I got the nickname Kite which is also my chosen hero name also my sign a Libra. My goal is to help people who can't defend themselves” She said as she took her seat once more only to nervously run her fingers through her feathers. Oh how she hated being the center of attention but being a pro hear she needed to get use to it.

Last edited:
Sabjorn rolled his eyes at the others' responses. At least it kinda answered his question. He figured he might as well introduce himself now, since he would no longer be first.

"I'm Sabjorn Fenrarke. That's first name then last name, since Japan is fucking backwards. I was born in Iceland but grew up in America mostly. My quirk is Toxic Dragon, it gives me the obvious dragon traits as well as a high resistance to toxins and the ability to produce my own, such as venom from my claws or from my breath. My hero name is Dragonknight. I just wanna bust some heads."

He didn't bother standing, didn't feel the need. That, and his legs were a bit achey today, he didn't want to get up if he didn't have to. He looked around the room with boredom plain on his face. For the 'best hero school' it sure was boring. Wasn't there supposed to be more excitement? More preparations for the inevitable shitstorm that was coming between heroes and villains?

((Mentions: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles SilverInu SilverInu Magus Magus Deathkitten Deathkitten ))

Because he was able to understand pretty much everything that had been said so far, Gary already felt hed won a small victory. After all, about 6 months ago hed never imagined hed be living in Japan. The confidence from this, plus the unforeseen opportunity to introduce himself alongside all the other foreigners invigorated him to quickly stand at his desk and declare

"I'M... uh, Dworkin Gary. I moved here from a rural area in Indiana about 6 months ago. My hero name is Hogwild. My quirk is knowing what you ate for breakfast... just kidding, even though I do. My quirk is mostly tied to my handsome features." He then points to his snout. He was starting to get a little embarrassed already, after all he wasn't 100% sure he was saying what he meant to say. He then started to nervously ramble a bit "I'm new in town so if anyone wants to hang out and study or get something to eat let me know. I love the food and spas here. I also like All Might, video games, and running. My goals are to save people and meet an alien." His eyes widened a bit, not knowing why he said that last bit or if hed been making sense. The fine hairs on his face started to grow longer and small tusks emerged from his snout. "THANK YOU." He said, and then he quickly sat down.

DONNY YANG
X6y1z1z.png

UA. Donny's heard about this place even before he came to Japan as a kid. And when he did get there, it was always on the news. Something going on, with heroes fighting villains, even if they were just students. It was like something you'd expect from a shonen manga. Growing up Donny honestly never thought that he'd join this place. He wasn't exactly the sort of stone cold badass who could look down villains, and his quirk wasn't exactly marketable. He didn't look handsome and there were times where he wasn't even sure if he was strong. But he also wanted to be a hero. Sure he could always be helpful around the neighborhood, maybe even join the police or do some volunteer work, but what Donny wanted to do was bigger than that. He didn't want to just fight bad guys and be famous and all that other stuff. He didn't want to just show that despite his quirk, he too could be a hero. He wanted to save the world.

Making his way to class Donny was careful not to bump into people. Though he's gotten used walking around in his skin suit he was still very self-conscious about making contact with others, since he knows he feels pretty weird. Last thing he wants is people spreading rumors about him so he was keeping his head down as best as he could. Getting to class it already looked like most of the other students had arrived, and a lot of them looked pretty tough. Donny gulped, remembering that despite his doubts he needs to be able to stand among them as an equal. Indeed part of the reason why he even bothered to go to UA is to change for the better. If he keeps being a scared kid, how could he save the world?

After listening to the prinicpal's speech and being introduced to the teacher, the students were asked to introduce themselves. Everyone was quite forward, not only introducing themselves but also explaining their quirks and their dreams. Donny was pretty hesitant being that open with everyone, so while they introduced themselves Donny was brainstorming a speech. When it came to his turn Donny stood up and did his best to talk. "H-H-Hello! My name is-is-is Sekai Kinoko! Ah, but t-that's my japanese name. I'm also D-D-Donny Yang! I'm um... I've been living in japan for about ten years now. A-A-And I'll save the world." Bowing his head, Donny sat down and hoped that he made a good impression. He looked around to the others to see what they'd do.

It was the first day of school for the brand-new hero class at UA. Ken had woken up bright and early, brushed his teeth, fed his dogs, went out for a morning jog with them, and had breakfast. There was nothing different about his morning routine to the days before, except today he would be returning to UA for the first time in years---as a faculty member this time. He was oddly nervous, the 32-year-old pro hero that he was, but optimistic nonetheless about the prospect of teaching for the first time.

Figures he would get stuck in traffic, though.

When he finally arrived at the building, it was just half past eight. Homeroom started at twenty-five and lasted for ten minutes, which meant he had five minutes to bust his ass in there and introduce himself. IQ had asked him to show up on the first day to get to know the kids, but he'd already missed the morning bell and possibly a few of the students' introductions as well. He would just have to work twice as hard during his class to learn their names, he supposed.

There were voices coming from behind Class 1-C's door, and Ken waited until the sound paused for a moment before letting himself in.

He acknowledged IQ with a nod and then turned to address the class, "Hello, everybody. My name is Kagawa Ken and I'm known as the Pro Hero: Clavis. You can just call me Kagawa-sensei or by my hero name. I specialize in rescue operations and disaster response and I'll be teaching this class search & rescue tactics. My classes will either be here on UA's many practice fields, or at the Unforeseen Simulation Joint.

You may remember USJ from the incident that happened involving the League of Villains, but not to worry---the facility was recently rebuilt and security has all been tightened. You'll be as safe training out there as you would be here on campus.

Well, that's about all there is to know about me. If you need any extra guidance for my class, or just want to chat, you can find me in the staff room during most lunch breaks and a little bit after school. I look forwards to teaching you all."

With a slight bow, he stepped back to listen to the rest of the students' introductions.

Last edited:
E3_-cqlVcAAe9r9.jpgLola was quietly sleeping laying her head down on her desk with her sleeping mask as the principal introduced themselves. Honestly she wasnt that bothered by the principal being a ....ferret? Her hero school back in Florida had a giant 12 foot tall Alligator man for a Principal, and he was one of the more normal people at that school. Seeing it was probably her she calmly stood up not even taking her sleeping mask off she gave a yawn. And without opening her mouth "Hi... Lola Glade, hero name Insom, My quirk is Telekinesis and Telepathy, due to my quirk I'm usually asleep but don't worry, I can still talk and hear you. Please don't try to wake me up. I got transferred here from America State of Florida hero academy because I don't really know why. I stopped listening to the principal's explanation halfway through. Pleasure working with ya." before she quietly sank back down in her chair. and promptly proceeded to faceplant into the desk back to sleep, a small snore coming from her.

Leaning back on her seat overly casually, the tall girl relaxes, letting her arms dangle freely to her sides as she listens to the various introductions taking place and making a mental note or two. A river of snow-white hair in a thick braid flows from her head down to the floor, though even more frames her face secured with a large red bow. Eventually, when there was a lul in the introductions she decides to finally take her turn, swinging her arm upwards to the air. A thin line of black is visible around her wrist as her sleeve drops down a little as she starts to speak "Ossu!, Kyohei Yuri or Fall up Koi for the mandatory hero name. I tend to get wrapped up in whatever people end up needing help with or..." she pauses thinking of the most charitable way to put it "...Impromptu Involuntary Kinetic Based Disagreements based on Uncontrollable factors" her soft smile widening a little as she lets out a faint giggle.

"ive grown up in Osaka mostly and I'm aiming to freestyle up the proverbial waterfall to became a person like my father" She lets her hand drop back to her side to signal she was done before starting to look around the room a little to see if there was anyone else left to go.

Akemi Tajima
Biding her time as others popped up and down like whack-a-moles Akemi observed that the class was more multinational than her previous school but supposed that wasn't too surprising considering that place paled in comparison to the world-renowned UA, at that thought she had to take a moment to push down the giddiness at actually being there. After a particularly half-assed greeting she scoffed quietly and decided now would be her moment.

Standing up she loudly cleared her throat and watched herself from multiple angles as eyes turned to look at her.
"Good morning everyone!" With a sweet smile she twirled her cane around and rested it across her shoulders, with her free hand she threw up a peace sign to complete the pose. "I'm Akemi Tajima, nice to meet you! I'm here to show the world that just because I'm a little blind girl that doesn't mean I can't be a hero. My quirk let's me see what other people see so don't go thinking you can run rings around me just because my own eyes don't work!" Her friendly tone hardened slightly as she finished and sat back down.

Kishi Nobusuke

Mundane start to the day, all in all.

He wasn't sure what to expect from the world famous U.A., it reigned as the top hero school in Japan and rivaled institutions the world over with some of the greatest heroes of the modern age graduating from its halls. Nobusuke had always been curious, given its sheer size and exclusivity, especially compared to his much more humble schooling back in Okinawa. The class wasn't crowded, but the fact this was the third independent hero course for the grade was a humbling thought. The school he previously attended might have over thirty prospective heroes at the end of the day, split between three school years. It seemed for U.A., it managed to fill its halls with plenty of elite students.

Elite, Nobusuke rolled his eyes at the thought.

The youth wasn't going to be dismissive of his new colleagues in the discipline of education, however from what he saw, most were foreigners with either poor manners or were shy as mice. So far the only person who peeked his interest was the blind girl—Akemi Tajima—and that quirk of hers. It sounded unbelievably useful in a myriad of situations, from search and rescue to undercover assignments. Lazily, Nobusuke wrote her name across a notebook decked out in artistic doodles of each student with simplistic descriptions around them. Typically, "loud", "shy", "quiet" were attached to these quick drawings. Nobusuke added "talented" on a pair of eyeballs meant to represent Tajima.

Scouring the classroom, the list of prospects to introduce themselves were growing thin. Gotta make my splash in this new school pool, Kishi thought with a growing smirk.

Flipping the notebook closed, Nobusuke rose to his full height. He was an inch shy of 6 foot, though the youth was confident he had a few more years left to surpass that boundary. Brushing a strand of thick, green hair from his face, Nobusuke arched his back and jutted his thumb directly onto his chest.

"Ya can all call me Kishi Nobusuke," His eyes fell hard on the loud foreigner, Sabjorn . "Last name's first." He concluded. "Mah' hero name's gonna be Wildfire an' I was pretty popular back at mah' Okinawa school, hope I can make lotta friends outta ya'll too!" His islander accent was vibrant as he spoke, dark eyes beaming with energy. "As for mah' quirk, welllll. How's bout I give ya an showin'?"

Unprompted, Nobusuke inhaled sharply and felt a familiar warmth spread from his lungs. It tingled not unpleasantly as his whole chest cavity roiled with energy. Pursing his lips, Nobusuke let out a small puff of hot air before a small tendril of fire flew from his tongue and far beyond his teeth. Its orange tint floated in the air for less than a second before it dissolved. It was a minor display of what Nobusuke's quirk could accomplish, but he was happy with it nonetheless. A far wider smirk on his face, Nobusuke fell back into his chair.

"If any o'ya wanna practice with ya' quirks, just lemme know! I'm pretty good with mine."

Screen_Shot_2021-08-03_at_1.16.17_PM.png
Sabjorn FenrarkeMentions: Sire Denathrius Sire Denathrius
Sabjorn rolled his eyes at this 'Nobusuke'. Seriously? He thought he was hot shit? Pshh, that fire wasn't impressive, his own toxic flames were far stronger than that. He wouldn't be impressing anyone for long with that.

"Yeah? You think you're that great? I'd love to kick that smirk into the dirt, let's go!"

He pushed himself up and hopped onto his desk, ready to take this idiot down right then and there.

"Or are you all talk? 'Cause a tiny fire like that is making you sound all bark and no bite!" He goaded again, trying to get a reaction out of him.

Sound of the boys chair falling backwards and hitting the tiled floor broke Yamato's focus. She snarled for a minute before she glanced around the room, quickly discerning the culprit. Five minutes into our new introductions and two boys were already sizing each other up. A single heavy sigh unfurl from her lips, a rather irritated and unpleasant look washed away her composed look.

"Hey you! Loud Mouth, you're irritating your Senpai! Ignore the Bumpkin and sit down!" She hurled insults at both of them as she began to rise from her seated position. "You're a guest here!" She pointed at the one named Sabjorn and then turned her gaze towards Nobusuke slamming her palm down upon her desk, shouting once again. "And you! Don't instigate the foreigner! Making us look bad in front of our Seniors!".
Those sharp emerald hues of hers would pierce directly through both of them. As an upperclassman she felt it was her duty to quell the on going argument. She was angry, but frankly more embarrassed two of her Seniors would have to watch this mess unfold, on the first day none the less. Boys will be boys she thought, but she also knew they could be better. A little spit shine, and physical discipline might be good for both of them. But not here, at least not for now.

DovahBeat DovahBeat Sire Denathrius Sire Denathrius

The homeroom teacher nodded with interest as each student introduced themselves, an interesting assortment of student body to consider. People from outside of the country, people from less well off portions, people who were shy, people who were outgoing. All of them had their unique natures and personalities, even if some seemed to blend together a bit. The teachers attention shifted slowly as Clavis entered the room, offering a small and lazy smile. "Thank you for joining us, Clavis. Know you have a lot going on you probably have to prep for, we all do. I'll be sure to speak with you personally later." Miss Tajima seemed like an interesting personality with an even more interesting quirk, he'd have to keep an eye on that one. On introductions continued, a soft 'huh' escaping him at Nobusuke's show of quirk. He was confident, perhaps a little bit overly so. And where there was one strong personality- Yea? You think you're that great?' Ah yes, there it was. The opposing force to a strong personality.

IQ adjusted his glasses, staring at Sabjorn as his eyes quickly shifted to what appeared to be falling binary, green code flashing over his eyes for a moment as he sighed. Right, this should be interesting. A glance at Nobusuke resulted in the same situation, another burst of binary falling over their teacher's eyes. "Sabjorn, Nobuske, both of you sit-" Before he could finish one of the other students rose up to try to quell the fanning flames, but there was a strong chance she'd only add to it. Another quick glance, that falling code over his eyes. "Miss Tomo, please sit down. You getting involved will only add fuel to the fire. Both of you..." He turned his attention towards the two original problem children, huffing slightly in thought. "Sabjorn, please take your seat again. Nobuske, please don't antagonize your classmates, even if it had been a nonverbal attempt. I realize everyone is eager to prove their worth and their capabilities, but I thought it'd be wise to let everyone come to know each other first, and their quirks. As everyone's full of energy and likely eager to prove themselves, I propose Clavis here helps with a bit of field practice. A little physical exercise in the morning is good for the body and mind, after all."

He straightened up, adjusting his glasses again, the damned things seemingly prone to slipping, a poor fitting perhaps? "I look forward to seeing all of your quirks in action...even if I know three of them inside and out now." He glanced at his fellow teacher, offering a small smile. "What do you say? Interested in having the class demonstrate their capabilities, maybe running an exercise?"
DovahBeat DovahBeat Deathkitten Deathkitten Magus Magus SilverInu SilverInu BigManHimself BigManHimself Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher sullen sullen Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon PlusUltra PlusUltra IG42 IG42 Sire Denathrius Sire Denathrius
main-qimg-18227542c311ecd9009acf6833f77ea9

Lola let out a small groan at her teachers proposal. "You sound just like my old teach.. Swimming with sharks? Or running through a minefield? Please tell me its not Anaconda wrestling. I hated doing that at home." she said as she lazily leaned back in her chair tilting it as she mentioned the old exercises the Florida Academy made her do. It was a pain but once she realized she could just float over the minefield it was a bit easier. But maaan, this classroom seemed like it had even more energy than her last, how that was possible she wasn't very sure of but the truth of the matter was it seemed like with these people around she was gonna get dragged into a lot of trouble. For now though. Lola gently tilted her head forward as she kept her chair from falling back using telekinesis. Sure a lazy way to use a power, but leaning back felt much more comfortable to sleep with.

Umemoto Ryota "Absolute Zero"
Quirk- Subzero: His body temperature is colder than liquid nitrogen!

Interactions -
Mentions -

»»————-  ————-««

Something surreal coursed through Ryota's veins as he peered amongst his classmates. He had made it yet, there was a lingering tartness to the experience. He was sullen as his teacher introduced himself. While peers spoke to one another before class, eager to start their day at the most prestigious academy in the world--Ryota was quiet. He felt small, like a bug amongst monsters--did he really belong here? His eyes ventured to his concealed hands, a simple removal of which could seriously harm the person next to him or even the whole class.

A quiet note was uttered as everyone went through roll call, explaining their names and quirks. Wisps of envy washed down Ryota as everyone explained their quirk, and aside from a few, his quirk was amongst the most lopsided. Thoughts of inadequacy were felt throughout. Telekinesis, Wings and even a dragon was who he would be working with; where did someone as detrimental as himself fit in?

Before he would have the chance to speak up and introduce himself, the teacher IQ would propose an activity. Ryota would instantly go silent, retrieving his butt back to its spot on his chair. There was a quiet sigh hushed under his breath.

Kishi Nobusuke

The challenge was quickly registered by Nobusuke, who rose back to his feet with a fleeting expression of astonishment. The mutant type—Sabjorn Fenrarke—actually challenged him to a fight on their first day of school! In front of the entire class and two of their teachers no less! On the desk below him, Nobusuke had penned down "arrogant" alongside a picture of wings for this particular classmate. However, that description seemed woefully inept. The foreigner deemed consequences unimportant or was more impulsive than Nobusuke could've ever imagined.

The logical part of his mind, honed from many a lecture over the past eight years, told Nobusuke to let it go. Politely apologize to'em and sit back down, some distant (and irritating) voice beckoned Nobusuke.

"Ya gotta set o'balls on ya, Sabby!" Kishi disregarded whatever that inner voice was, grinning ear to ear as he eyed the drake with a tingle of excitement. "Let's set a date 'n—"

The pyromancer was cut off abruptly when the wannabe—cop rose to her feet with sharp indignation in her voice as she chided the two of them. Suddenly, Nobusuke felt small at her cries for self respect and common decency. Eyeing Sabjorn carefully, Nobusuke managed a slow nod as he felt a tinge of embarrassment run down his body, his ears burning hotly as he felt her steely gaze on him.

"Ya don't needta be so worked up, offica'. Swear on my good name that I'll cause no mischief here on out."

He was already backing into his seat when IQ chipped in, offering a mild approach to his students actions. Must come with being a pro, Nobusuke surmised. He was accustom to people acting erratic and shit shows, so what was a few students shouting loudly and causing some trouble day 1? Nobusuke offered a shrug at the idea of exercise, it wasn't a bad way to start the morning off and he'd be able to see what kind've people he was working with in greater detail.

"Sounds good, teach." Nobusuke gave his two cents regardless of whether or not it'd impact the trajectory of the day.

Interactions:
DovahBeat DovahBeat
Magus Magus

Ken was glad to have been able to catch the last couple introductions, although he'd still have to learn the names of a few others. Seems like the typical rivalry present whenever there were two hot-headed people in the same room was already on its way. It was pretty nostalgic, to be honest, as Ken was reminded of his own youthful competition when he was a student at UA. That kind of friction was sometimes necessary to push people beyond their limits—Plus Ultra, he added wryly—as long as there weren't any lines crossed. A teacher's duty would be to ensure these rivalries made each party involved better, not worse.

At IQ's request, be nodded cheerily and threw him a thumbs-up. "Sounds good to me! Looks like these kiddos are itching for some action, anyways, so let's get things rolling."

With a loud clap of his hands, he commanded the class's attention towards the front. At the same time, it seemed to signal the entry of a long cart pushed by two upper year students from the General course. The cart contained boxes of brand new UA gym uniforms, each labelled with a student's name and customized to fit their proportions.

"These student volunteers are going to help hand out your gym uniforms. Once you've got yours, head over to the changing rooms to get suited up and then meet me on Ground Beta! I expect you all to be there in ten minutes, or else we're starting without you. Ready? GO!"

After delivering those curt instructions, Ken walked out of the classroom, but not before giving the General course students a slightly sympathetic grin. He hoped the kids weren't too rowdy with them.

+ + +

Location... Ground Beta
UA High Training Field

1628216558434.png

Ken waited for Class 1-C at the entrance to Ground Beta, UA's own mini-city training field. Technology had really come a long way since his time as a student, so much so that they were able to demolish and reconstruct these life-sized buildings in just weeks. Talk about budget...

Although he had told the students that they'd be starting without them if they were late, he was always planning on waiting until they all arrived before giving instructions. Unless someone was seriously running behind, he figured he'd allow them some leeway before diving into their first activity—or should he say, 'assessment'. Ken stretched his arms over his head and yawned, looking over to see the first batch of kids making their way to the trial grounds. Better give them the ol' UA welcome, as they say.

"If you're waiting on the rest of your classmates," he said to no one in particular, "maybe get to know some of the people around you. I won't tattle if ya decide to chat a little."

As if to emphasize his point, Ken put his hands in his pockets, whistling theatrically as he pointedly looked the other way. It was best they had some time to make connections before heading to the next stage. Ken could hardly wait.

Last edited:
Throughout the tumult that emerged from his new classmates, Gary felt his stress levels rising and his features becoming more feral. To try and maintain some composure, he slumps down and slings his backpack around to his chest. He pops it open to reveal to anyone who might be looking that his bag has one compartment and it is COMPLETELY full of corn chips. During the kerfuffle he began grazing from his bag and he started to calm down. He becomes very single minded when he starts eating, not realizing the drama had died down until he heard Lola say something about

"Anaconda Wrestling?!" he exclaimed without thinking, scanning the room with corn chips stuck to the hair on his chin and the tusks boring out from his face.

He then listened attentively to Clavis speak bout an opportunity for a physical game, to which Hogwild couldnt contain his excitement. Once he was handed his uniform he closed his bag, stood up and declared "LAST ONE THERES A *SQUUEEEE*" as his words transitioned into boarish excitement. He then left the classroom with a cloud of dust and the sound of his hooves rapidly beating the tile.

Last edited:
Screen_Shot_2021-08-03_at_1.16.17_PM.png
Sabjorn FenrarkeMentions: Sire Denathrius Sire Denathrius sullen sullen Magus Magus ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles
Sabjorn glared and growled at the nickname.
"Don't call me Sabby." He growled out through gritted teeth.
Sab started to grin, however, as Nobusuke started to back down.
"You giving up already? Pshh, knew it. All bark. You don't stand a chance against me, not to mention a real villain. Some hero you'll be."
As soon as Ken mentioned the uniforms and the time limit, Sab directed his attention on that. He jumped off his desk and snatched his uniform then headed towards the changing room. There he would struggle for a moment to get his wings through the allotted extra sleeves, not that it didn't fit well, it was just hard to get on.
After that, he was off, racing towards the training field. If he should pass nobusuke on the way, he would sneer, and challenge him once more.
"Coward. If you let some girl talk you down villains will be walking all over you. I guess you'd still have a chance to be well known. As in the worst hero the world will ever know!"

Asuka looked at the two boys that were acting like peacocks in wanting to show off. “ great a pyromaniac and flamebrain” she muttered not caring if the two boys actually heard her or not. Standing up from her desk she walked up to where they were passing out the guy uniforms and waited to get hers. Once she got her gym uniform from one of the students that was handing them out she headed to the girls changing room to get out of her school uniform but taking her time so that her wings would not get caught on to the fabric as she moved her wings around when she needed. Having the wings was not a bad thing but it mad thing a bit more difficult because she had to always order cloths to accommodate her wings especially if they were uniforms for the school.

Once she was dressed she checked to make sure her wings could move easily with this fabric and not pull or feel uncomfortable in any way before she left the changing room. Looking around to see which way the rest of her class was heading so she could follow them to the training ground. Upon seeing one of the other girls leaving she followed them out to the training ground where they would meet up with the rest of the class and the two teachers.

Asuka was not to sure what they would be doing out in the training field but from the way some of the students were acting its would seem like it would be a duel or something of that nature. Pulling herself out of her thoughts she realized that she was already at the training ground. With nothing else to do she stretched her wings out to about 16.5 feet in total length as she began to do some stretches to loosen some of her muscle up a bit before folding her wings once more to wait for more information from the teacher.

DovahBeat DovahBeat Sire Denathrius Sire Denathrius

DONNY YANG
X6y1z1z.png

After Donny made his introductions, it was pretty obvious who were going to be the more troublesome students. Donny expected something like this to happen: even though UA was a school for heroes it was only natural that some more temperamental kids would want to join. Indeed, UA always did have a bad reputation for many of their heroes to be ill-tempered, only getting as far as they did due to the strength of their quirks rather than the strength of their characters. That being said he was interested in seeing these two fight, so from his seat Donny opened up a bag of BBQ chips and started snacking in anticipation of the fight. When another student dropped in for a melee-a-trios, he was tempted to pop open a can of soda. But fortunately the teacher was able to settle everyone down and move onto more productive things.

Everyone was to change into their gym clothes and head to Ground Beta. Based off what Donny remembered, that's one of the training grounds, the one that simulates a city. Suited him just fine. Donny would go and change his clothes quickly: he was pretty self concious about letting people see him in a state of undress, even if it's just a little bit of him. Fortunately Donny is used to slipping in and out of clothes quickly so by the time he got into the changing room, he was already on his way out. He headed to the training grounds where the others were at. He had put away his snacks and excess gear, so all he had was the clothes on his back and his quirk.

Really there wasn't exactly anything to do except getting ready, so Donny did some stretches while digging into the dirt with his hand. He was careful not to let anyone see him just playing in the dirt but what he was doing was hiding some inside of his skin suit. Never know when you need some pocket sand. "I wonder if I could sneak inside and get a feel for the area. Always good to know your terrain, map awareness. Just like Monster Hunter."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back