• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Charless Reiss IV

Maxxob_discord_avatar_-_its_Charles_lol.jpg
After returning from his escapade, at first with ( MisoraUni MisoraUni ) Alirah and ( Absollover77 Absollover77 ) Azuza, and later on only with Alirah, the teenager hanged around in the lounge for quite some time. After that, tried as he might, he couldn’t find Azuza, to properly apologize for ending up leaving her alone. When it got dark, and a stricter curfew was in place, Charles finally gave up. He headed to the dorm’s kitchen and, surprisingly, was decent at whipping up a quick dinner, only so he wouldn’t be with an empty stomach until morning. Before finally hitting the bed, he did send Alirah a good night message on his phone and simply blacked out, as soon as his head hit the pillow.

Fast-forward to the Monday morning, the young heir had no problem waking up on time. The strict boarding schools he went to greatly helped him in that aspect. Before leaving his room, he made sure his appearance was impeccable since, after all, he knew that for a good chunk of the day, he would have nothing, but regular classes. And albeit the idea of adhering to a standard class uniform irked the young aristocrat to no end, he knew that rules were rules. Rushing downstairs, he tried to look for both of his new friends: Alirah and Azuza, unfortunately to not avail. Before heading to class, he made sure to hit the cafeteria to have a proper breakfast, as he knew better than to skip his meals.

All the standardized classes were uneventful, save for science class, which he managed to find the purple-haired girl. However, much to his dismay, things were so chaotic that he didn’t have chance to exchange words with her. Their interaction was summarized by him giving her a quick wave and a smile. After the usual classes, the student were supposed to gather in front of ground Omega, in full costumes, probably, for what he assumed, would be practical training.

As soon as Reiss got to it, he started scanned around, looking for people he might know. However, that was interrupted as soon as IQ started to debrief them in what sort of activity was going to take place. For what he understood, it was a civilian rescue operation, however the villains who attacked were still at large, and he assumed would be there to thwart their efforts - “It wouldn’t be fun in any other way, would it?” - he thought to himself, with a sly grin forming across his lips, for side to side.

Looking at the other students once again, he saw they were already forming several groups. Scanning like an eagle, he finally found Alirah, already interacting with two other students. That pretty much looked like a no-brainer to him, so the young Reiss started to make his way towards them, with his usual heavy, confident steps. Stopping just as the purple-haired girl had finished talking - “Is there room in your group for one more?” - he asked, flashing a charismatic smile towards both the ( Nene_Chan18 Nene_Chan18 ) tanned girl and the ( Haze- Haze- ) blonde boy - “Hi, Ali-chan. Did you sleep well?” - he asked, shifting his gaze to the girl’s direction, being at her left - “Funny thing, I didn’t see Zuzu-chan anywhere…” - and he held his chin, appearing to be deep in thought.

Akemi Tajima
Without losing her confident smirk Akemi waved away Asuka's objection. "That would be an interesting wrinkle but remember blindness is a spectrum, most will still see something." She avoided admitting that it could be a little troublesome if it were the case but was sure she could offload that part of the work on one of the others, still she did feel the need to correct Donny's assumption. "I can't instantly tell where someone is the moment I connect with them." She raised a hand to point at him. "I use the images I gather from everyone in range to build a mental map of the area based on where I see myself in it and what I can pick up by echolocation."

Normally she might object to someone else taking the leader role on principle but Donny whether by accident or by design had hit her weak points by declaring her role was 'very important' and 'no one being better' at something though a nagging doubt in the back of her mind said that it was just lip service to get her out of the way of the more heavy hitting boys. "Not a bad plan, you can consider Sightline part of Gold Team."

Bryn Evan-Miles

Finding himself in an impromptu group bear hug Bryn made a token effort to struggle free but mostly just went with it along with Donny's plan, it seemed to make decent enough sense to him even though playing taxi didn't sound all that much fun to him, he'd just have to build something fast enough to get the distressed civvies out of the way and come back to fight.
"I'll roll with it, the hero name is Metamecha." Taking a moment to pose he gave Gary a curious look. "So that nose isn't just for show? If you sniff out any fuel point me towards it, that should lead to machinery I can use."

Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher SilverInu SilverInu BigManHimself BigManHimself Uasal Uasal

1637266349936.png
Name: Odessa Fuyumi
Hero Name: Phantessa
Quirk: Chaos Nightmare
Odessa blinked a couple times as Akira kept talking. Wow, he rambles a lot. I guess this is how people feel when I do it. I've never met anyone that's so similar to me. Maybe this won't be so bad. She smiled at Akira. "You sure did come prepared. That's a good quality to have. You'll make a great hero. I think we can focus on saving as many people as we can and worry about the villains after. Just as long as we don't run into any in the process." Odessa's eyes turned to the girl that approached them and she internally grimaced. Our little duo seems to be attracting attention. That's not good. I was hoping it'd only be the two of us, but maybe the more there are, the more chance someone can stop me f I get out of control again. She shook her head to get out of her thoughts and turned her smile on Alirah. "Hi Alirah. I love your name. I'm Odessa Fuyumi. It's a pleasure to meet you." Then someone else came along. She was starting to feel nervous. There were now three people in her group, excluding her, and her shyness kicked into overdrive. Odessa made sure not to talk anymore or else she'd embarrass herself, or worse, let out her secret.

Interactions: Haze- Haze- , MisoraUni MisoraUni Mentions: Maxxob Maxxob

The confidence and energy with which Dark Matter ( Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher ) assigned roles to the impromptu group was contagious. Gary was eager to help in any way he could. "COPY - HOGWILD WITH GOLD TEAM - OVER!!!"

Gary's confidence melted away a bit when Lady Luck ( Uasal Uasal ) complimented his cooking. She must've been confused when he helped set the table for Donny the week before, but Gary wasnt about to admit as much. His pink skin immediately sprouted long red hairs all over his body and two extremely large tusks popped out of his face. He put one hand on top of his head and dangled the other behind his back as he twirled one of his hooves in the dirt. Smiling like a dope and looking at the ground he replied "hahaha well... I was just helping... and uhhh"

He started to trail off in his love drunk stupor when Metamecha ( IG42 IG42 ) asked if he could keep his nostrils open for any fuel sources. Gary took in a big whiff and was able to identify something that might work and also made him hungry:

"I think I smell propane further in... it might be coming from a campsite... if they were grilling..." he felt his mouth start watering. He rapidly shook the distraction out of his head to see what the group wanted to do with the information. Gary knew only one thing for sure...

...he was going to have to ask Donny for cooking lessons after this was over.

" there's nothing wrong having a witness to your quark I have several when it comes to mine. In fact I can't fly or use feathers if they are damaged by ice, fire or if someone Clips my feathers preventing me from flying. There's nothing wrong with having a weak spot it's how you overcome it." She said as she turned towards Akemi to give her a reassuring smile hoping to ease her worries.
IG42 IG42

1643398537028.png
Name: Haruto Shima
Hero Name: Arachknight
Quirk: Spider

Haruto nodded to Ryota and began weaving out some web, enough for a demonstration but not enough to truly hurt his supply for the day. He handed to him waiting for what he would do with what he asked for. Haruto looked out over everyone else and saw that a few others didn't have a team yet and wondered if his team should invite them over. He'd feel bad about leaving them to fend for themselves without help, yet he was nervous to talk to them as he's not very good at social interaction. His spider legs began to poke the ground nervously thinking about what he should do. Maybe he should ask his team? Ryota was kinda intimidating with his cool demeanor, and Eliza was more peppy and that was intimidating in another way. He began agonizing over the decision unsure of what to do.

"There are quite a bit of people without a team... S-should we invite them?"

Haruto chickened out and decided to let one of the two make that decision.

MisoraUni MisoraUni Castello Castello

Kana "Kinetica" Kobayashi
Arriving with another equipment case smiled coyly at Asuka's question. "Ah that would make it easier wouldn't it?" Turning more serious she raised her voice to ensure all the students could hear. "Assessing the scene is the first stage of a rescue and you should expect to get little more information than we've just given you, as you search the area you'll need to watch for evidence of how many people may have been present."

Setting down the case she opened it to reveal several sets of the same cuffs from the previous exercise. "Much like the last lesson you may use these to neutralise the 'villains' if you're able to hold them down long enough to get them on but keep in mind they're not the target today and the exercise will continue until all civilians are safely evacuated or the time expires. Alternatively-" She paused for ominous effect. "Some casualties will have injuries requiring them to be quickly transported to safety but may also need special care to ensure they don't suffer further complications while being transported, if not they may perish even without suffering further harm at the villains hands. If there are no more 'living' casualties left on the field the exercise will end at that time."

Taking a moment to watch the students assembling into groups she gestured to the gate. "If you've got your teams together assemble at the entrance." She smirked evilly. "Who knows, time might already be running out for some of the wounded."

Umemoto Ryota "Absolute Zero"
Quirk- Subzero: His body temperature is colder than liquid nitrogen!
Interactions - Archdemon Archdemon (Haruto) MisoraUni MisoraUni (Eliza)
Mentions - IG42 IG42 (Kinetica)
»»————-  ————-««

Power: 2/6
Speed: 2/6
Technique: 6/6
Intelligence: 5/6
Cooperativeness: 1/6
Ice Cream Making: 6/6
Ryota carefully removed the contraption that covered his forearms; causing a wistfully cold breeze to blow by the hairs of Haruto and Eliza. As he retrieved the webbing from Haruto, the natural resin that gave it its sticky properties instantly froze due to the cold. Ryota slowly moved his palms across the silk, freezing it solid, and making an edged tip as he brought his hands to the opposite end. The result would be a spear-like contraption made entirely of spider silk. Ryota would present it to his teammates proudly.

"I remember watching a documentary about spider silk, apparently it is almost five times stronger than steel. If we find anyone under rubble, this will be useful for leverage." He explained rigidly.

Yet, as he considered Haruto's suggestion, his body turned away slightly, his chin narrowing towards the approaching Kinetica. Ryota gave a simple shake of his head.

"Not my problem, they can come to us. Let's get going."

Kobayashi AkiraBeatdown | | Quirk: Phantom

Interactions/Mentions:

Nene_Chan18 Nene_Chan18 (Odessa)
MisoraUni MisoraUni (Alirah)
Maxxob Maxxob (Charles)

Alirah and Prince Charming

Akira hung on that senseless pessimism not for long; his vacant stare lasted until the girl beside him spoke up, – Great hero?– were the only words he picked up on. Akira flashed an estranged glance seemingly at the mist of nothingness ahead of him, as though the words ‘Hero’ were dangling on invisible threads, staring back at him. Almost accusatory, kind of a mockery in a sense – but a high-spirited compliment nonetheless. At that, Akira couldn’t help but return a toothy grin right back at the girl – “Heh. Yeah, I think we’re better off focusing on the rescue mission too.” – Both hands went instinctively to the back of his head as he took one big stretch – “I mean, the whole ‘beat up the bad guys’ thing’s pretty tempting and all but–“ – Alas, before he could go on an entire spiel for the third time in a row this day, an unknown voice reached his ears.

He was a little surprised his heart didn’t jump out of his chest when this other girl appeared, Akira’s one and only reaction was to shove his hands into his pockets and flex the jaw, trying to pop his ears at the clamor of the more high energy classmates around them. Maybe the drowsiness knocked the jumpiness out of him – “Pretty small world, huh. We’re newcomers too, actually.” – Akira took a moment, not to analyze this new girl, but to appreciate how the three of them formed an almost perfect staircase if they stood side by side. Akira cracked a chuckle at how Odessa seemed to gloss over what Alirah had pointed out about Japan’s way of handling names; he immediately jumped on it as if it were already a running joke – “Name’s Akira Kobayashi, then, just some dude from Shibuya. Very nice to meet you, Alirah.” – He took a hand out of his pant pocket and held it overhead for the very informal greeting he’d grown used to since being around his old high school friends. A simple, short wave – contrary to the polite bow the girl had given them. It was a jarring deja vu of that other girl from yesterday, Eliza – “We’re not co-workers or anything yet, y’know… We don’t have to be so formal.” – If only such a thought could be said out loud. He figured being a hero meant having the manners of one too, but still, it was getting awkward.

Right as introductions were done, another student showed up. A very tall step to their already short staircase, a boy with high airs of royalty and a little too much confidence in his strut. Oddly enough, this stranger managed to pull off the Victorian fashion pretty well; in Akira’s eyes he looked the exact way he’d pictured the prince charming stereotype from any high fantasy novel. Akira’s first impression of the guy, for a lack of better words, was – “Damn, he’s cool.” – Cool enough to be carrying a sword in schoolgrounds, it seemed.

Akira stood there waiting for Odessa to answer the both of them, as he technically was not the leader of the team to begin with, but all he got was radio silence. He turned to her and a sigh built up to a very awkward chuckle when the blonde realized what was going on. It was one of those situations. And so, he placed himself in front of Odessa – “You guys want to join our team?” – Akira paused, or rather, purposefully drew out a needless pause – “Nah, we’re good. Only cool kids allowed on this team.” – After he punched in a yawn for extra burn, he continued – “We can give you the all-mighty ‘cool kid pass’, though, so for now you’re official members of the team. ‘Grats.” – Akira said nonchalantly, giving the both of them the most deadpan stare he could muster. After that, there was silence. Only the wind whistling and the other students talking. Shame creeping in as his mind added in the acute sound of crickets pervading the awkwardness, out of reflex, it almost made him flinch.

“Alright, that was stupid…My bad. Yeah, you’re all good to tag along if you want to. We were planning on heading to some hotspots I found when I was here the other day, so we’d really appreciate the help if we do find any civilians.” – He nodded, turning to look at prince charming afterwards – “I’m Akira, by the way~” – He motioned to the girl behind him – “She’s Odessa. I’m guessing you’re one of Alirah’s friends, could I get your name again?” – Akira beamed at him as he held out for an inviting fistbump. His tone still carrying some of that drowsiness from before, yet, despite that, one could still tell that Akira was trying his best to sound as amicable as he could.

His drooping head perked up to Kinetica’s voice. He sighed, his fist still held up as he stared daggers at the metallic shimmer of the cuffs therein the case Kinetica had brought – “Man, that’s just evil… Fuyumi-san, ‘think that’s our roll call.” – Akira was specifically worried about the ‘special care’ they would need to give to hurt civilians on their way from the test grounds to the extraction point. Just how could he apply first aid by his quirkless self?

Most importantly, he still didn’t know when exactly sundown in Japan was.

1637266349936.png
Name: Odessa Fuyumi
Hero Name: Phantessa
Quirk: Chaos Nightmare
Odessa didn't like the idea of having to provide first-aid for injured civilians, especially since she had no idea how to do that. Hopefully, one of the others would know. She appreciated Akira taking the lead in talking to their new group members and found him to be quite quirky. In a good way, though. It was intriguing. Odessa looked at Kinetica as she explained everything and was glad to hear they only had to worry about saving the civilians to pass the test. It would be helpful if they knew each other's quirks, but there was no chance of her bringing it up. She would conquer her shy trait another time. Odessa took a deep breath and nodded at Akira stiffly. Geez, we haven't even started yet and I'm already extremely nervous. I shouldn't have agreed to be in a team, I don't want to let them down. Odessa shook out her hands and instinctively grabbed Akira's non-fisted hand, still lost in thought. She bit her lip. I need some kind of backup plan. Okay, if I get out of control, I'll shut my eyes, count to ten and try to go to my happy place. If that doesn't work, well we'll just have to see because that's all I've got. Hmm I think we'll be fine. I don't know anything about these people, but they look like they can handle anything. Besides, we have a great game plan. Odessa sighed.
Mentions: Haze- Haze- , MisoraUni MisoraUni , Maxxob Maxxob

1643735714216.png
Clair O'Reilly - Ádh, Lady Luck - Quirk: Luck of the Irish

After everyone had reintroduced themselves as heroes The group began to further talk about their plans for the upcoming task. Gary and Bryn seemed to be getting along quite well and Donny also seemed to be enjoying himself in the role of leader. Akemi and Asuka also seemed to be getting along well and Akemi seemed happy to lend her quirk to the gold team, something Clair for one found quite astonishing. Going off of the brief interaction she had with Akemi on the first day Clair thought she would have had something to say on the matter, regardless of if she agreed with it or not. Was Donny really a wizard? "Sugoi!". Oh, Clair had also been studying up on some easy Japanese terms during the night classes and although she still felt rather awkward speaking them aloud she at least wanted to try when she could. Perhaps a training exercise wasn't the best time.

When Kinetica arrived with a crate of handcuffs Clair's attention was stolen away from the group right quick. The woman spoke shortly on the exercise and how those injured may also become casualties if left untreated for too long. It was a tad bit morbid for a third exercise but then again they were a year behind the other two classes and had been told things would escalate rather quickly so 'Hakuna Matata'. Except ya know, there was a problem and the class should be very worried.

Moving to the crate Clair procured herself three sets of handcuffs and quickly stuffed them into many a hidden pocket. The girl had no intention of seeking out the villains over the injured but it never hurt to be prepared! What Clair did afterwards though was rather childish yet in her mind completely justified. With her hand hovering over the crate of cuffs Clair's left-hand ring finger quickly hooked a fourth set and in one swift and fluid motion she not only spun the cuffs lose but shot them towards IQ with great speed. That alone was childish enough but Clair then bolted for the gates and quickly vanished down the forest path while laughing quietly to herself, Shouting back as she did "Time is of the essence right? Rodger that!". This was payback, her head and mood had been ruined for her day off by that man and now today his would be!

Moving down the forest path at speed Clair pulled out a coin and began to run it between her knuckles as she moved "Hmm if I was an injured civilian looking for aid where would I be? Left or Right?" Tossing the coin into the air Clair's eyes shone a dim green briefly before she caught the coin and announced "Heads, I'd be on the left path!". Coming up to the first t section path Clair veered off left and continued her search "Lady Luck reporting in, I'm heading left come the first divergence!"​

Charless Reiss IV

Maxxob_discord_avatar_-_its_Charles_lol.jpg

MisoraUni MisoraUni Haze- Haze- Nene_Chan18 Nene_Chan18

Charles didn’t look all that rejected when, at first, the blond boy had rejected both him and Alirah from the group. If there was one thing he had learned was to be patient, as to not jump into a hasty deal or hasty offer. It looked like all those business meetings he attended, following and observing Reiss senior really paid off, not only when dealing with business itself, but also outside it - “I appreciate being granted such a tittle, even if it is only honorary and temporary - the young man said, flashing a smile and giving a long, over gestured bow towards the boy.

One thing that didn’t escape the young British man was that the boy had presented himself, he gave his first name. Being on first name basis with native Japanese, for what Charles knew, was something that didn’t happen overnight. That alone picked his curiosity, but maybe there was nothing to it - “Ah yes, I am a good friend of her” - the word friend was said in a slightly different tone, and his gaze turned to the purple haired girl for a moment - “I am Charles Reiss the IV, but Charles is good enough” - he at Akira’s fist for a moment, wondering what that was all about. Without thinking anything of it, he reached his right hand, basically gripping it as one would do to an open hand to shake it - “Pleasure to meet you”.

“I like your plan, going for hotspots first will probably save us precious time” - the young heir nodded to himself, liking the idea of the plan that was put together so far. When Kinetica announced that the exercise was about to begin and further explained what was going to happen, the young man paid full attention. The real deal was about to start. He wondered how good would he fare at holding all the ‘villains’ if they happened to encounter one. Maybe he would fare better with doing first aid, if the injuries were simple enough.

Eliza portrait-1.png

Eliza Mizuno | “Cryo Freeze” | Quirk: Cryo/ice-manipulation

⸻ ✦ ⸻ ✦ ⸻ ✦ ⸻ ༻✧༺・❉・༻✧༺ ⸻ ✦ ⸻ ✦ ⸻ ✦ ⸻​

Eliza observed what Ryota had in mind for the spider silk. “Ohh, that could definitely be quite useful. Good idea, Ryota!” She gave him a thumbs up for a brief moment. In reply to Haruto's comment about adding others to their group, Eliza said "Everyone is connected with the ear pieces so I think we should be fine right now. The others will sort themselves out."

Eliza glanced in Kinectica's direction to listen to what she had to say. Eliza walked to the case of handcuffs that their teacher had brought with her. Eliza picked up a pair for her two teammates and one for herself. She walked back to Haruto and Ryota a few moments afterwards. "Here you go. Let's get going." She threw them the handcuffs and started walking to the gate that Kinectica gestured for the students to go to.

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

Interactions: Archdemon Archdemon (Haruto) | Castello Castello (Ryota)

Last edited:
DARK MATTER

liks82d.png

It was time. Donny said everything he had to say, and everyone was more or less prepared. One of the teachers came out to pass out handcuffs, obstentially for capturing any villains they defeat. Donny took two pairs and tucked them into his cloak, though in truth he had slipped them inside of his body. Such restraints don't work on Donny since he can easily just reshape his body around them, so he could keep them hidden inside of him easily. Following everyone to the gate Donny, as Dark Matter, repeated the plan so everyone knew what their jobs were. "Um, hello everyone. T-T-T-This is uh, ahem, this is Dark Matter! Red Team, your duties is t-t-to find civilians in the f-f-forest, escorting them to s-s-safety and treating their injuries, if they have any. Gold Team, you're w-w-w-with me. We're going to the c-c-c-campsite, to secure it and m-m-make it safe for everyone. Our goal, is, to save as many people as possible!" Donny said the last part as confidently as he could, though he was getting extreme jitters now. "Um, let's see uh... T-Try to go in pairs. Work together. Even though saving civilians is our n-n-n-number one priority, if you run into v-v-villains, makes sure they d-d-don't hurt anyone! And, of course, be safe."

Donny was aware that there are other students not part of the Red or Gold team who could help too, but Donny wasn't confident in trying to order around the whole class. If they work with his teams, great, if not, Donny needs to focus on what he can control, and not on what he can't. There's still a lot of unknowns that Donny simply can't predict so he can't let every random thing bother him. The important thing was to focus on the task he has. As long as everyone remains focus on saving civilians and doesn't get distracted with things like fighting villains or competing with other students, they should all succeed. Donny will do his best to make sure that happens! Taking one last big breath, Donny heads into the forest to look for that campground.

Last edited:
Kana "Kinetica" Kobayashi
Seeing that the students were ready for the most part Kana turned towards the gate. "Alright kids, the crisis can't wait on you all day!" At some unseen command it ground open and she thrust out a hand urging the students forward. "The exercise has now begun, onward heroes!"

Akemi "Sightline" Tajima
Scowling slightly behind her mask Akemi snapped back at Asuka's comment. "It's not a weakness!" Feeling embarrassed at the outburst she twisted the cane in her hands grinding the tip into the dirt. "It's not my fault some make assumptions about how my quirk works." She waved a hand towards Donny. "I don't think any of the 'villains' we might find have a quirk that would mess up your wings but I'll warn you if I see anything, they're too pretty for me to let them get damaged. By the way what was your hero name?"

Rolling her eyes at the corny instruction to start she headed into the woods placing herself in front of Donny to see where she was going, with a sigh she noted that Clair had run off and kept part of her attention on the other girl.

Bryn "Metamecha" Evan-Miles

Letting out a whoop Bryn dashed through the gate.
"Leeet'ssss goooooo!" Rushing off ahead he took a moment to remember he didn't actually know where to go and went back to stick with Gary instead. "Hey Hogwild! I'ma let your nose lead the way so keep that snifter going okay?" He slapped the tusked boy's back.

SilverInu SilverInu BigManHimself BigManHimself

“Asuka looked at her and gave her a small smile at her embarrassed outburst but nodded her head in understanding . " I go by kite like the American swallowtail kite." she said trying to be a nerd before continuing "though we still have until graduation to find a perfect hero name and if i remember correctly you go by sightline?." she said as she looked about the area to see who else was prepared to go looking for survivors. she ruffled her feathers in anticipation while mentally listening off her medical supplies incase there are any injuries as she waited to see what Akemi had to say.
IG42 IG42

Users who are viewing this thread

Back