• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Running from the classroom to Ground Beta, Gary kept thinking about how he might have an easier time connecting with his classmates through a physical challenge than in the classroom. However he knew hed have to keep making efforts to make friends and that sometimes it would be uncomfortable. Caught between his excitement and his inner turmoil Gary realized hed completely missed the changing room and was running with his Gym uniform in his hand. While running, he managed to awkwardly put his uniform on over the shorts and tank top he was already wearing, giving him a not perfect fit that at least didnt impede his movement too much.

When he got to the area outside Ground Beta he looked around for a little bit, surveying the area. He saw there was a good amount of dirt here and wondered how deep it went. He also noticed he was starting to get quite hot, and he has a propensity to sweat quite a bit. So he found a small puddle of mud nearby and applied it to the most sensitive areas of his skin as a preventative measure. Afterwards he slung his backpack over his shoulder and returned to where the students would be gathering, hed noticed his classmates had started to show up. Walking amongst them he could smell something familiar. A fellow earth enthusiast perhaps? His focus came upon Donny Yang, the shy boy who said he was going to save the world. He didnt look like hed taken a roll in the mud, maybe Gary felt dome other kind of connection to him? He again moved his backpack to where he could access its contents and popped it open, holding it in the boys direction.

"Corn chip?"

DONNY YANG
X6y1z1z.png

It wasn't long before Donny managed to get a sizable amount of dirt, but as he was doing so someone approached him. Gary, if Donny remembered correctly. He was the boar student. Donny remembers the time where he was often compared to a pig and didn't have the best memories of those days, but he shouldn't judge Gary the same. He seemed nice enough at least. Bit weird though considering that he wasn't wearing his uniform correctly and looked like he already had some mud on him. But considering his quirk is obviously a mutation type, Donny really shouldn't judge his appearance either. "Sure, thanks." Donny dusted off his hands and took some chips. A bit plain, but he wasn't going to complain about free food. "I uh, I wish I h-h-had some snacks too but I put mines away... G-G-Got some chips when we're done. Some s-s-soda too. If t-that's something you'd like. Um... S-So you're from American, right? H-H-How's it like back there?" Donny spoke in english, and despite the stuttering it had an almost northern accent with a southern twang. "H-H-Haven't been back to the s-s-s-states since I was a k-k-k-kid."

Kishi Nobusuke

"Notta problem, Sabby~" Nobusuke whistled out as the lizard lad fled the classroom with such urgency one would assume he was called to fight the entirety of the League of Villains alone. The insults piled against him were grating, enough so to make the Okinawan student send daggers at the mutants back just as he vanished through the doors threshold. Turning back to the front, Nobusuke eyed the uniforms personalized for each student with disguised interest, observing as the students slowly filed out of the classroom with their new clothing in hand. The pyro lazily rolled to his feet again, bookbag in hand and his trusty notebook stuffed into its depths.

Trudging to the front, Nobusuke studied his own outfit. It was bland, as his appearance was almost completely normal. Maybe the seaweed green hair was outlandish or the length of his fingers less human than what others would be comfortable with, back in bygone eras. But nothing effected his overall shape. Running a hand over the top garment, Nobusuke was surprised at how soft and comfortable it felt to the touch. The teen grinned. Not bad U.A., ya don't skimp on anything.

Finding a close by bathroom, Nobusuke walled himself in a stall and stripped as fast as he could. He'd of preferred going to the locker room, but that was too far and he'd wasted some time already. Last thing that Nobusuke wanted was to be completely ditched due to his idle curiosities.

On his way out to the field, Nobusuke found himself crossed with the mutant type again. His nose wrinkled in disdain, "Ya know Sabby, I haven't had fried wings in'a looooong time." Nobusuke's dark eyes fell on Sabjorns extra appendages, grinning. "Better be extra careful 'cause sometimes I can't help what I roast!"

He turned to walk away from the youth, "And I wouldn't wanna piss off the offica either, she might arrest ya if ya aren't careful! Ya do look like a nasty villain!" Kishi smile widened, his eyes turning into narrow slits as he did so. So maybe it was a little bit in bad taste to mock a mutant types appearance, but Nobusuke wasn't sure that this foreigner had much of a heroes heart at all. Maybe heroes are just different in America, Kishi pondered that. He'd never gone to the birth place of heroes, but he imagined it shouldn't be so radically different.

Interactions:
DovahBeat DovahBeat

Screen_Shot_2021-08-03_at_1.16.17_PM.png
Sabjorn FenrarkeMentions: Sire Denathrius Sire Denathrius
"Don't call me Sabby!" He all but shouted back at Nobusuke.
"And you'd get food poisoning if you even tried to eat my wings! That is if you're not screaming in pain from the effects of my venom." He was obviously not the brightest bulb of the bunch, but at least he could make up for that with raw power. Hopefully he would learn something while at UA.
"At least I can control how much venom I use. I can use restraint, unlike you." He wasn't wrong, but he wasn't exactly right either. He still struggled with judging how much venom he should use, but at least he didn't usually use all of it in one go anymore.
Sab then looked around while they waited for everyone to arrive. Couldn't they just start now? He was itching to beat this guy into the ground. Maybe a little antagonizing would go unnoticed while they waited.
"I ain't afraid of cops. They're all bastards, anyways." He commented as he lashed his tail, swinging it at Nobusuke's legs to hopefully sweep his feet out from under him. His tail wasn't very dexterous, but it was thick and strong. Perfect for hitting things with.

This seemed too good to be true. Could Gary really have made a friend already? Nervous as he was about fitting in in Japan, hed already found kind personalities more quickly than even back home in America. This gesture meant the world to him. He looked intensely into Donnys eyes, asserting his sincerity with every fiber of his being, and said "I would like that very much."

He then dropped a level of intensity and proceeded to try to answer the second part of his question.

"America is..." and then he paused, thinking about his own experiences there while letting his eyes wander around him when he noticed Sabjorn and Nobusuke doing their thing. He extended his pointer finger in their direction and said to Donny "kind of like that."

He kept his bag open and available to Donny while they talked before the exam.

Kishi Nobusuke

Quite clearly, Sabby wasn't accustom to sarcasm. Nobusuke couldn't help but stare dumbfounded at the lizard like beast when he took the threat of cooking his wings... Seriously! It was preposterous, what absurd cosmic force intervened to allow Sabjorn to pass the written exam in the first place? Blinking past his evident shock, Nobusuke found himself mentally jotting down information about the lizards quirk whilst his notebook wasn't in hands reach. Venom? Alright, good to know, ya dumb brute.

Sabby didn't need to know the full extent of Nobusuke's pyrokinesis, not yet at least. But Sabby was only giving Nobusuke more and more reasons to avoid the blond beast.

"S'cool Sabby, ya leak that venom from e'rry pour in ya too?" Nobusuke's voice was melodic as he practically sang the question out at the mutant type. "It's gon'b really valuable when I gotta arrest ya in three years!"

Turning away from the foreigner, Kishi Nobusuke gave the... Cityscape before him his full attention. It was baffling big if it was authentic. Yet it wasn't, just a product of U.A.'s obscene power. The ability to create and manage the day to day infrastructure cost of an entire city for training purposes. Such an ostentatious display of wealth almost appalled Kishi, almost. They were about to wreck havoc in this faux city, many of their quirks able to make short work of a street in a matter of an hour. Yet Nezu and the staff were all too happy to let them wander around and practice without as many inhibitions.

Guess this is why U.A. produces the best

It was absolutely stunning. A marvel of what the hero industry had become, for it was nothing less than that. A machine of money equal or surpassing the physical heroes in power. Every top 50 hero had an action figure or significant merchandise and whenever Nobusuke toured the offices of smaller heroes, they likewise had gift shops with personalized knickknacks for purchase. It almost begged the question if these heroes were more interested in making a buck than saving others and just how many of his classmates shared a similar mindset. He'd evaluate that later, it was important to keep track of those who he'd consider earnest and reliable. At least the teachers seemed goo

Why the fuck am I on the ground?

Nobusuke's eyes darted about, seeing the blue sky above and shades of brown from his peripheral. There was the vague feeling of anger, a genuine frustration building somewhere deep in his chest that burned. One second Kishi was mesmerized by U.A.'s capabilities, the next?

On the fucking ground.

Turning his head, Kishi saw the scaly tail of that bothersome beast slither back and forth. His eyes narrowed as Nobusuke remained on the ground for seconds later, trying to register what just happened.

"Ya son of a dumb..." Nobusuke grunted, pushing himself onto his knees before standing at his full height. His new clothes were already dirty and all thanks to the lizard. A familiar warmth ran down his legs, this one was just asking to get a flaming kick to the face. "Ya lil slitherin' snake, Sabby..." Choosing his vernacular carefully, Kishi forced himself to remain calm. "Ya apologize now 'n I'll forgive ya."

He'd try to at least.

Interactions:
DovahBeat DovahBeat

DONNY YANG
X6y1z1z.png

Taking a few corn chips, Donny nods as Gary responds, using the two students currently feuding with one another as an example of how America is like. He gulped, watching them from within his body. He suddenly felt like he had cold feet. Donny has been bullied before, and slowly but surely he's more willing to stand up for himself when they go after him, but seeing what's going on right now... His sensibilities told him that he should stay out of it. That he'll only get into trouble if he got involved. But before he could think of the cost/benefit analysis about the situation, Donny was already walking towards the two. "W-W-W-We should stop them."

Donny had no plan. He had no idea what he was doing. As he approached the two he completely forgot their names. If he could sweat he'd been oilier than a 4x4 cheeseburger fried in butter. But his body was acting before his mind could because deep down, he wanted to stop this pointless conflict, and he couldn't do that if he just stood around eating cornchips. So Donny ended up standing a few feet away from Sabjorn and Nobusuke. He just stood there looking at them nervously for a few seconds, glancing back at Gary to see if he was following. In his mind Donny was thinking a thousand things and nothing close to a solution. So eventually he just blurted out whatever came out first. "T-T-That's not cool man! Should... Should stop fighting. Want some c-c-c-corn chips?"

Gary could tell something about Donny had changed. Gary noticed it because after he pointed out Sabjorn and Nobusuke, hed added "Americas also like... have you played Runescape?" before going into his theory about the game being a 1:1 recreation of New York City when he realized Donnys gaze was a million miles away. Gary was just getting to the stock market comparisons when Donny called him to action and started moving toward the rowdy boys.

Gary didnt know anything about Donnys quirk, and he didnt know that much about Sabjorns or Nobusukes either but if his friend was going to fight then he was going to fight too. As he moved behind Donny he prepared his body for the potential conflict ahead, growing long wild hair and further growing his tusks to an intimidating length. Gary dropped his bag to the ground and tapped into his killing animal instinct to conjure as menacing a presence as possible for the confrontation when he heard Donny ask "Want some c-c-c-corn chips?" to which he quickly lost that focus and scrambled to grab his bag off the ground where hed just left it, popping it open and offering it to Sabjorn and Nobusuke from behind Donny.

Sabjorn FenrarkeMentions: Sire Denathrius Sire Denathrius Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher BigManHimself BigManHimself
Sab looked down on Nobusuke, another sneer plain on his face.
"For a hot-shot like you, I'm surprised you weren't aware enough not to trip on my tail." He taunted, before continuing.
"And why should I? You're not doing yourself any favors calling me Sabby."

Sabjorn's attention was then brought to Donny and Gary. He was very clearly confused by the sudden turn towards friendliness.
"... what? You gotta be joking. A guy who can't stop stammering got into UA? Psh, heroes can't be cowards and just back down like that. Not to mention, offering something that isn't yours, ain't that rude?" He was really one to talk, but didn't seem to register the irony.

Keeping her relaxed posture Yuri simply observes the clashing students before the teacher decides to step in and break it up, she had ideas of stepping in herself though was more willing to see how it would go, as there was always the chance the two would have burned themselves out first instead of escalating...well at least until the next person had jumped in. The mention of an exercise however was her main focus, looking forward to see what sort of practical lesson the school would have. While she had practiced on her own and under her family for a while those were always more....low tech and creative solutions, given access to giant robots were naturally somewhat limited outside of the school.

Raising from her seat she would walk along to cart to get her uniform before making her to Ground Beta in a more direct way than the others. While many had head to the door she instead seemed to walk towards the window. Sliding the panel open before taking a seat and falling back through it out of sight. The sound of a writhing and whipping wind would sound from where she fell, though by the time anyone was there to see she had instead somehow changed into the uniform already and was on the way to the grounds.

To be honest the uniform was far too tightly fitted for her liking and didn't seem to flow the same as she walked. Pulling at the fabric Yuri made some mental notes to perhaps try and make some alterations of her own when she had time since while they may have technically got her sizes right somehow, they definitely seemed to forget about the importance of preference too.

As a result of her more direct path to the grounds, however, she would find herself with some time alone to inspect the outside of the area, walking along and knocking against the wall slightly out of curiosity before taking the effort to climb up the larger door to get atop the wall and look inside. The walls themselves were fairly smooth but the ridges of the door meant she just need to pull and throw herself upwards in bursts to get to where she needed to go, her arms and legs tensing before each movement,

She was already at the top it seemed before the first individuals began to arrive, looking around the inside for a few moments to see just what type of city it was supposed to be mimicking. From the looks of things, it actually seemed to be more of a large business distrcit, given the lack of apartment or residential type buildings, nor the flashier entertainment and restaurant signs.

Looking back down she would kick her legs idly as the conflict seemed to be starting up again, hmm perhaps getting it out of the system would be better in the long run and the more they got to posture beforehand the more it would just build up,,, best to just change the target and reset the agro counter so to speak. In any case, she takes the moment to announce her presence, given it seemed people tended to not look up as much.

Giving the same casual wave as before she goes to rest her arms across her knees "I mean if your comparing who has the worse breath perhaps you should go more for some mints than chips, though I guess Bork Bork here might have a more critical pallet on him unless the toxic stuff he keeps spitting out killed his tastebuds....or the breath quirk thing" she lets out a faint chuckle to herself as she speaks.

"In any case, can we try not to look down on others too much, Teachers arent idiots so if someone got in especially at this late in the game there is probably a good reason for it"

Sire Denathrius Sire Denathrius Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher BigManHimself BigManHimself @(Others at ground beta)

Akemi Tajima
Watching the rest of the class chatter Akemi noted a couple of people of interest, getting on the good side of the potential eye in the sky Asuka seemed like it would be a good idea, not that she needed permission to see through someone but it would be helpful to have the winged girl in her corner anyway. Her other person of interest was Kishi mostly because he had noted her down as 'talented' but his continuing spat with Sabjorn was quickly wearing away at her goodwill towards him.

Changing into the gym uniform as instructed she twirled and stretched experimentally, it certainly fit well enough though from what she recalled from seeing it before it didn't have much going for it fashion-wise.

Joining the class waiting outside the decent sized city district that formed just one of UA's training grounds Akemi decided the waiting time was a good moment to try and recruit Asuka, finding her target in the corner of someone else's eye she made a beeline for her.
"Hey there, Yuki-chan isn't it?" She greeted with a friendly smile. "Just wanted to say hello, you have a pretty quirk." Hearing a scuffle nearby her smile cracked slightly as she observed the two boys from before still squabbling, increasing her influence from just seeing to manipulation Kishi and Sabjorn would see a concrete wall like the one surrounding the training ground burst out of the ground separating the two. "Boys, it's a wonder they don't get brain damage from butting heads so much."

SilverInu SilverInu Sire Denathrius Sire Denathrius DovahBeat DovahBeat

Kido Koichi

Physical exercise right out of the gate was honestly wasn’t what he was expecting but it was definitely not the worst option, especially when moments ago his fellow classmates seemed to be ready to turn the classroom into a battleground, now at least there’d be a more manageable amount of property damage. Considering the impressive state of the practice area they were in, UA didn’t care much about covering such expenses. Perhaps he could get creative with his quirk today.

The overalls were another topic entirely, while they were made out of quality material, they certainly didn’t fit his aesthetic desires at all… He didn’t know who came up with the design but it made them look like a bunch of plumbers, it was not at all pleasing to the eyes… Plus it made him look even more scrawny than usual. Alas at least they’d serve their purpose well enough.

Up until now he’d stuck to the sideline, watching, listening and observing his new classmates with a keen eye and what he saw till now was quite indecisive “What a motley assortment…” Koichi muttered, sparing a glance towards the duo that kept fighting with one another since the start of the class. He couldn’t keep himself from sighing with clear disappointment. Well, with Kishi it was unsurprising, if a bit annoying. He shouldn’t have expected any less from him, after all despite all his witt, he never knew when to keep his trap shut. His gaze shifted to the other participant of this commotion, and for the briefest moment he felt like he knew what David must have felt like when he stared at Goliath. The dragon mutant that towered over them, ‘Fenrarke’ his mind supplied, was even worse from what he’d seen so far, completely lacking in manners and discipline and seemed to be of questionable intelligence which combined with the other stuttering mess honestly made him scoff and question the standards of this ‘Elite’ school.

However that didn’t mean all hope was lost, at least some of his new classmates appeared to take their role as students at-least partially seriously, and considering what just seems to have happened with the two problematic students being suddenly separated and bewildered, quite talented as well. “Your doing?” a bit of amusement creeped into his flat tone for a brief moment. He asked as he turned to look at the blind girl. “Not a fan of fisticuffs, I take?” he added without waiting for an answer, the hint of amusement from before even more prominent now as his scowl shifted to form a barely contained smirk.

Interreactions:
IG42 IG42
Mentions:
DovahBeat DovahBeat Sire Denathrius Sire Denathrius
Minor Mentions:
Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher

Last edited:
Asuka turned around when some one called her name to see Tajima. “Yes I am Yuki Asuka you are Tajima-chan… thank you I take pride in my wings even though they can be troublesome at times.” she said as she moved her wing around to let her have a feel of her feather appendage. As of this moment the feather felt like normal bird feathers but soon the feel changed as they began to harden but kept the feather dull so they did not cut her classmate.

Upon hearing what she said about her to hot headed classmates she snickered. “ when I look at those two all I see are two peacocks trying to size each other up to see who’s better. I have dubbed one flamebrain.” She said pointing the boy with the dragon like appearance.
IG42 IG42 DovahBeat DovahBeat

Lola got her uniform and just looked it at. "your schools didn't have you do that? Our principal would personally grab us and throw us into a pit of mud and tell us we couldn't leave until we wrestled each one out... I just floated them out so it wasnt hard. But a few students usually had to go to the hospital. Wasnt as bad as the minefields though." she said before walking off to get changed. keeping her sleeping mask on. She was pretty use to weird stuff. Florida Academy was known throughout all of the US as the weird school, and even she couldn't deny it, Their principal was a 12 foot tall alligator man. Her old teacher was a man whose power was building up inertia before cannonballing himself at enemies. and their school was in the middle of an alligator infested swamp... surprisingly few accidents happened from the alligators though.

once changed she just looked around bored, deciding it best to just ignore the measuring contest going on over there. Boys will be boys and those two certainly are just that. Little kids throwing a fit over whos stick is bigger. "So... is it the robots thing? I saw that on tv once. Or are we fighting each other?" she asked as calmly floated in the air as if she was laying in bed. Clearly not worried about the situation at all. She was hoping it was a team situation because then she just had to sit back and provide support

Last edited:

Conroy Smith// IQ// Class 1C Homeroom Teacher
Quirk-Analysis: He can analyze anything and everything for its weaknesses and exploitations!

Conroy blinked at the class as they made their various ways out of the classroom. Gary took down the halls in a mad dash, Yuri took the window of all things, everyone was funneling out...he'd have to ask Yuri to take a door like the rest of the class. He opened up his desk, retrieving a commercial value-sized bottle of Tylenol, putting it in his utility belt, there was a good chance he was going to be suffering a migraine from overuse by the end of today. Once his class funneled out he followed after the senior hero, if only by just a few years. IQ yawned, splitting off from the group to stop by the teacher's lounge to grab a coffee. He was sure that though the class was a little rough around the edges, they'd be fine. He'd just have to keep them from pulverizing eachother.

-------

IQ made his way to the site, stopping beside Clavis as he sipped his coffee, keeping his voice to its usual relaxed tone so only his fellow staff member could hear him. "It's an interesting sort of individuals, but they have promise. I used Analysis on Sabjorn, Kishi, and Tomo. It's no wonder the first two personalities clash so viciously if quirks reflect on a person, and Tomo shows promise already by her desire to keep the peace. I can't do this for everyone...we need to give them an exercise that will force them to stand out and show themselves and their quirks...What do you suggest?" He glanced over at Clavis, taking a slow sip of coffee, the steam fogging up his glasses before he pulled the cup away. His attention drifted to the commotion coming from Sabjorn and Kishi, offering a soft huff in thought. Well...he should probably step in. "You have the lesson, and I'll help how I can. But first, should stop those two from getting any more violent." Of course, he couldn't see that Akemi had afflicted the two boys with an illusion, how could he, he wasn't a target of it. Starting his way towards the two he raised a hand to get their attention, giving a sharp whistle to grab attention. "Alright you two, break it up yea? Hero's are prone to rivalries, but we don't try to get into actual fights with one another. If we can't get along in front of class mates, how are we going to get along in the public eye? Villains will do anything they can and use any weakness they can to exploit you, and that includes pitting your tempers against eachother." He glanced around, taking a slow sip of coffee again, eyes falling on Akemi for just a moment, and then Asuka...ah, clever girl. Based off how she said her quirk was functioning, good chance she was trying to make a teammate. Smart. "Just waiting on the last few members of the class, be ready for Clavis to give you all the first lesson here at U.A."

main-qimg-18227542c311ecd9009acf6833f77ea9

PlusUltra PlusUltra IG42 IG42 BigManHimself BigManHimself Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher Sire Denathrius Sire Denathrius DovahBeat DovahBeat Human Instrumentality Human Instrumentality SilverInu SilverInu Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten Magus Magus sullen sullen Castello Castello

Kishi Nobusuke

The green haired teen leveled the two newcomers with a confused expression, quickly melting back into his angry facade as he regarded Sabjorn once more. "Look'in here, fellas." The rural teen narrowed his eyes at the lizard as he spoke, refusing to look away this time, lest he get whipped by that ugly appendage. "This here ain't gonna be anyth'n ta' complicated. Sabby just needta say sorry an' we can be men about this." Nobusuke insisted.

The offer of chips, while childish, was a little heart warming. But the pyromancer was far too worked up by the constant badgering on the first day of school to pay any mind to the niceties of the two boys. As expected however, the American did not share the same sentiments. Instead, he went off to criticize not only the generous offer Nobusuke laid out to resolve their differences, but put forth his best efforts to torment the two boys who were just trying to help.

Why the Hell is he even in hero courses when he's such an egotistical prick?

There wasn't much room for Nobusuke to judge others on that sentiment, but somehow Sabjorn made Kishi seem positively altruistic in comparison.

"Alright ya asshole, whatcha think'in ya doin' here?" Nobusuke's voice rose in indignation. "They were jus' tryna be friendly an' ya gotta put'em down like they'er yesterday's leftovers?" Kishi ignored his own mental advice from earlier and bridged the gap between them, standing only three feet from the hulking lizard. Sensibilities didn't register as much when he got fired up.

"S'what if he's gotta stutter? Yer ugly as a scorpion 'n none o'em are gonna ostrisizastro—make funna ya fer it." The rural teen spat his words with a rising voice, the heat broiling in his core only getting worse after the pure disrespect shown to the others.

Before Nobusuke could get anything else out, a wall appeared before them. Given how far he was tunnel visioning into the lizard, the sudden arrival shook the youth. He jumped back with a startled yelp, looking around to see who the culprit could be. Of course, their homeroom teacher was on the scene with.. Honestly, maybe a bit too much of a delay for Nobusuke's taste. He was supposed to set a good example and he came off as a little slow. The commentary likewise irked him.

Desperately, Nobusuke fought the urge to talk back. I know, he thought. Set a good example for the public and always smile. His last school practically drilled that into him. Presentation when donning your heroic clothing was everything.

"Wasn't gonna hit him or anything!" He explained to the growing mass of students and the newly appeared homeroom teacher. "Ain't that stupid..." Nobusuke muttered under his voice before turning to the chip bearers.

"Sorry 'bout that, thanks fer tryna intervene." Nobusuke still felt a deep resentment for the lizard, but the physical blockade was enough of a sign that everyone thought it was time to move on. "Name's Nobusuke, sorry uhh. Didn't catch ya's back in class."

Interactions:
DovahBeat DovahBeat
Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher
BigManHimself BigManHimself
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Mentions:
IG42 IG42

Last edited:
amara gym.pngAmara
Ohhhh my gosh people are crazy... She winced more than once at the other kids arguing, and again at the teacher stopping them, and then again at the loud clap of the secondary teacher. They were going to go out? That... kind of excited her. Amara really hoped nobody would try to bully her, though. She didn't want to get a fight like those hotheaded kids... Once a few of the kids ran off, she took the cue to stand up and grab an outfit too. A gym uniform. This was really happening. It felt so official. She smiled sweetly at IQ-Senpai before she headed off.

Kagawa-Senpai seemed really excited about this too. That was a good sign. Would he be really tough on them?

She was changed and out at the training ground in far less than the ten minutes demanded of her. She tied her hair up out of the way and moved up to the teacher, Kagawa. She'd much rather stand next to the adults than around the other kids. The two troublemakers even looked like they were getting into a fight!!! She looked to Kagawa. Was he gonna stop them? She hoped no one would try to fight her like that... she knew shyness annoyed some people.

IQ-Sensei was next to Kagawa too. He stopped the fight. Oh good. She sighed openly in relief. Good.

"IQ-Sensei?" she muttered, fiddling with her fingers awkwardly, "We're not gonna have to hurt each other, are we?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles sullen sullen Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon DovahBeat DovahBeat Death Korps of Krieg Death Korps of Krieg Magus Magus SilverInu SilverInu BigManHimself BigManHimself Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon PlusUltra PlusUltra IG42 IG42 Sire Denathrius Sire Denathrius Castello Castello

Sabjorn FenrarkeMentions: basically everyone
Sabjorn was rolling his eyes at Nobusuke, when suddenly a wall of cement appeared between them and their teacher approached them.

"I ain't startin' nothin'. But I'll finish it if I have to." He glared in Nobusuke's direction, even though he couldn't actually see him with the wall in the way. He wondered if he could smash through it with enough force?

"'Sides that, he's the one provoking me. He won't stop calling me Sabby and I hate it. If we really are gonna be heroes and working together, he shouldn't be trying to make enemies with me. He should learn a little respect."
Sabjorn then shrugged his wings and walked past their teacher and his fellow students, casually waiting for their next instructions.

"If you were smart you'd back off, this is your last warning." He growled lowly towards Nobusuke as he passed.

DONNY YANG
X6y1z1z.png

Donny stood his ground, despite how scared he was. It was honestly pretty familiar. People like Sabjorn were everywhere, and they always acted like this. Donny knew how to handle himself and wasn't going to let himself get riled up. "I-I-I'm not backing down. I came to here. I c-c-c-came to UA on my own two f-f-feet. D-D-D-Despite my weaknesses." Donny gulped and straighten himself up. Notably, he seemed to have somehow grown bigger by doing so, matching Sabjorn's height and meeting his eyes. "Fighting is easy, y-y-you know? Don't need to b-b-be a hero if all you're going to d-d-do is hurt people. Fighting v-v-villains, that's not what I'm here t-t-t-to do because I can a-a-already do that. I'm here... I'm here to save the world. C-C-Can you do the same?"

Soon a wall split the two belligerent, but Donny stood his ground even still. Mainly because he didn't notice until he heard the teachers call out to them. Once he did realize this however, Donny figured it was time to disengage. He stepped away when Nobusuke called out to him and asked for his name. "D-D-Donny. Donny Yang. Hi." Of course Sabjorn wanted to get the last word in with Nobusuke again, so Donny spoke up as well, speaking louder this time. "Y-Y-Ya know if you're hungry, I can lend y-y-y-you some money for a snack. I know b-b-big guys don't think much w-w-w-when we got an empty stomach."

natasha gym.pngNatasha
Natasha wasn't in such a rush to get there, to be honest. She was one of the slower of them, not bothered by it all. She changed and adjusted her suit. It was pretty cool. She was hype to get to fight, whether it was another student or some robot or... well, really anything. She just hoped her quirk would be useful today. She totally ignored the other kids being all aggressive and trying to fight. It looked like it got settled really quick-like anyway.

The two teachers were talking to each other, not that she could hear them, when she decided it'd be best to set her quirk for the day. After all, she didn't want to do so after this little exercise had already started.

She held her hand out, palm up. From it, a spherical mass came off of her palm and floated into the air a few feet in front of her. It morphed and stretched until it became a rectangular box with gilded edges. Three wheels sat inside the box with various images on each, from flames to wings to things she didn't know what they were supposed to signify. It rang out with the jingle of a slot machine, loud, like bells. Welp. That probably brought some attention to her. Oh well.

The wheels started to spin as the sound continued, and it only ended once the three stopped one after the other. Movement done, the sounds stopped with a loud DING DING DING. This was not something she could ever set "secretly". She chuckled softly at the thought of even trying to set it in silence.

The three images morphed into a single word that merged the three, "Analysis."

"Oh for fuck's sake!" she snapped, the slot machine popping like a balloon and disappearing. She glared at the spot it had been, "Of all things. I can't just get a combat quirk for my first day? Really?" It was the same quirk as their teacher, not that she realized that yet. Fate was funny.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles sullen sullen Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon DovahBeat DovahBeat Death Korps of Krieg Death Korps of Krieg Magus Magus SilverInu SilverInu BigManHimself BigManHimself Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon PlusUltra PlusUltra IG42 IG42 Sire Denathrius Sire Denathrius Castello Castello

EpXoSRsU8AEHYG_.jpg_small.jpg
Azuza 'Zuzu' Reiko

Late. Late. Late. By the gods she was late... And if there was a list of things she hated being late is definitely on it. She missed the subway train to school this morning and she had to take the bus to get as close to the school as possible. Of course the closest stop, WAS 5 CITY BLOCKS AWAY!! She wanted to use her powers so bad to get there but she knew using it like that would get her in so much trouble it wouldn't even be worth it. She cursed herself and her short legs! She was definitely going to be worn out by the time she got there and on the first day no less. Her mother was going to be so pissed at her if she got sent home for it. Especially with how much it costs to get into a school like U.A.

She stopped just inside the school gate and hunched over putting her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath. She saw people who looked like students and one who looked like a teacher (IQ), head inside a huge building that said above the door Gamma. She hoped and prayed that she was correct in assuming that was her class and straightened up and sprinted over. She again cursed the fact she had such short legs in her head as she entered the site.

Azuza's ears flicked slightly and her tail swished a bit hearing a small bit of what the teacher looking person said. 'Just waiting on the last few members of the class...' Upon hearing those words she assumed she was in the right place and walked forward to introduce herself to who might be her teacher.

"E-Excuse me sir," She bowed her head and upper body forward slightly while keeping eye contact, folding her hands down by her waist. "My name is Azuza Reiko, and sorry for the interpretation but, I am very late. Due to that, I'm not sure where I should be right now. I saw you come inside here and thought I should ask you." She ended the bow around half way through the dialog and was standing up as straight as possible even though the bow on her uniform was crooked from all the running she did.

Last edited:
Umemoto Ryota "Absolute Zero"
Quirk- Subzero: His body temperature is colder than liquid nitrogen!

Interactions - N/A
Mentions - Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

»»————-  ————-««

People were lively weren't they?

A comparison Ryota was faced with constantly in his life. There was no way he could ever bestow such fiery passion, such zeal to fight and start rivalries. His mother told him that was what passion looked like--was he behind in such as well? As the students rushed over to the training grounds, Ryota entered into a brisk jog. Without knowledge of what was to come, there was no reason to expend unnecessary energy, he thought.

As he caught up to the rest of the group, training seemed on the brink of beginning. The question of what exercise they would be engaging in crossed Ryota's mind, as it did the other students. Robots, as mentioned by Miss Telekinesis would be preferable. Ryota's cold could slow them down, it would be like trying to start a car battery in the midst of winter. Fighting another student as brought up by Teal hair would be a different manner. His eyes ventured to his hands, a shudder running down his spine.

Would this be a retelling?

While only seen when in his costume, Ryota has a bluish tint to his skin, layered over with snow-white hair. Any hair on his body is covered with a thin layer of ice, bunching together in little crystals. His face is rather ordinary, with weak facial composition, and blue eyes that sink into his complexion. His hair is thick and unkempt, falling over his eyes. To augment hurting others, Ryota wears a special type of clothing over his skin to protect those from his quirk. It consists of a black fabric that is woven against his skin tightly that conceals every part of his body. As such, in a natural situation he appears as a boy with a full body ski-mask (aside from his eyes which are protected by goggles). He is able to layer this under any clothing or uniform. He wears his uniform normally, with an intricately knotted tie.

"I've got an idea for what to do. Made the preparations last night, actually," Ken answered the 1-C Homeroom teacher in a similarly low voice. However, he couldn't hide the slight mischievousness in his voice as he observed the students' rowdy behavior. IQ went to go break up the fight and he gave him a thankful smile.

"You guys seem pretty spirited, huh? Glad to see you have lots of energy." Ken did a quick scan of the students who had arrived, confirming that the numbers matched up with the attendance. Wouldn't look very good on him as a teacher to be missing a few kids. He was honestly quite scared of Nezu and what he was capable of. Even as a Pro, speaking with the mouse and being stared at with those tiny black bean eyes made sweat appear on his forehead. I'm sure I could get IQ to cover me if I were ever to fall out of the Principal's good graces... With a vague nod, he made a resolution to treat the other teacher to some teppanyaki soon.

Snapping his attention back to his students, Ken waved them over to gather in front of the entrance. "Alright," he began with a shout, "just follow me into the training field and we'll be able to begin the activity."

He unlocked a small hatch on the front of the giant doors with a key before punching in a code. When the light flashed green, the doors began to creak and slowly swing open. Ken entered Ground Beta and started to walk towards the middle.

After a couple minutes of walking, the search & rescue teacher stopped abruptly and turned around.
"I suppose you're all wondering what we're even supposed to be doing here. Afraid I'm gonna have to disappoint some of you---it's not going to involve any fighting," he gave the students Sabjorn and Nobusuke a purposeful glance.

"Instead, I'm gonna run a little test for you as a class to see how well you can respond to, and collaborate, in emergency situations."

With an innocent smile, he pulled out a small receiver with a button and pressed it.

1628292325722.png

In an instant, the ground shook violently as explosions littered the area. Windows shattered and buildings were uprooted by the onslaught of destruction that followed in the next moments. The path they had just followed to get here was blocked off immediately by falling rubble, and clouds of dust obscured the view of the fake city. The only area that seemed to be untouched was the place they were standing on, a small circle in the middle of everything.

"A good hero is always prepared to face any kind of disaster or sudden event!" Ken shouted over the noise, continuing his lecture as if nothing had happened. "Since I specialize in these exact kinds of situations, I thought this would be a great introduction to my class and a taste of what to look forwards to in the future. This may sound obvious, but to be able to save others as a hero, you must first be able to save yourself.

Allow me to give you your instructions: Escape. If even one of you is left behind, I will consider that an overall failure, so be sure to help each other out. Oh, and by the way: I wouldn't think about simply flying out of here. The only exit is the giant doors we entered from, since I've activated the invisible barrier which covers the entire premises."

A giant piece of rubble was launched straight into the air from one of the dozens of explosions, but seemed to hit a horizontal wall above and came crashing back down to the ground, landing right behind Ken. Without looking, he jerked his thumb to the now-crater in the ground.

"See? Well then, there's no better time to start than now, so start running!"

Escape Ground Beta Danger Level:
B++

Obstacles:
Intermittent explosions from ground mines
6.5 magnitude earthquake forming cracks in the ground
Small to large pieces of falling rubble; dust clouds
Collapsing buildings

Rules:
Cannot exit by any other method than through the doors due to ceiling barrier, including flying over and digging under walls. Any use of Quirks is permitted provided it does not kill your classmates.

Objective:
Exit out the doors of Ground Beta while ensuring all of your classmates escape as well.

"while I question the method of suspension bridge to artificially boost our camaraderie I do acknowledge how this would help us make teamwork. But on the other hand this seems like a current recipe for disaster. Id currently recommend any fighting quirks take the outside perimeter of the group to destroy flying rubble and protect the support quirks but thats hoping for a modicum of support so instead I will be quietly await our impending doom until someone requests me to participate." Lola quickly blurted out as she observed the situation around her. Since she was floating she didn't really feel the shaking from the earthquake. So instead of trying to get the bullheads to work together. She simply pulled out a book, The silmarillion to be precise. And engage in a bit of light reading as she observed her now teammates seeing which group would be the most calm and sensible to join up with. It was obvious they'd split up into multiple groups. She sadly couldn't see some of these people ever working together so soon. so it was in her best bet to just join the group that seemed the least annoying.

Umemoto Ryota "Absolute Zero"
Quirk- Subzero: His body temperature is colder than liquid nitrogen!

Interactions - Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon
Mentions -

»»————-  ————-««

A disaster course it was?

...Ryota was useless.

He was not abnormally strong, fast or had any power to stop any rubble coming his way. Ryota would be liability no matter the group he would be apart of, but he would not be the one to ruin this exercise for the rest of the class. His strategy would be to team up with someone extraordinarily capable in this situation. Unfortunately, the best candidate was one that had begun to strike a nerve in Ryota--Miss Telekinesis. How could she be so reserved in a situation? Strategically, she would be vital to getting through this mission. Envious eyes made for her, teeth grinding against each other. Teaming with her was probably the only way he would cruise through this course. He made his way over to her.

"Hey!" He uttered plainly. "Telekinesis. If you're so calm, then why don't you haul me to the finish line?" His hands were held out wide, his tone finding a defeatist note. "My quirk is just a glorified walking freezer. Unless there's water on this course, I am useless." Ryota uttered a rough sigh. "So for the sake of the class, I need you to make sure the ruble does not turn me to paste."

While only seen when in his costume, Ryota has a bluish tint to his skin, layered over with snow-white hair. Any hair on his body is covered with a thin layer of ice, bunching together in little crystals. His face is rather ordinary, with weak facial composition, and blue eyes that sink into his complexion. His hair is thick and unkempt, falling over his eyes. To augment hurting others, Ryota wears a special type of clothing over his skin to protect those from his quirk. It consists of a black fabric that is woven against his skin tightly that conceals every part of his body. As such, in a natural situation he appears as a boy with a full body ski-mask (aside from his eyes which are protected by goggles). He is able to layer this under any clothing or uniform. He wears his uniform normally, with an intricately knotted tie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back