Story My Hero Academia: Yu Can Do It! (complete story)

ThAtGuY101

Professional Moron
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Ten years before Yu would become a student at U.A.(Japan) he and his family lived in China near Shenzhen Bay. His mother(Leeya) was a worker at a greenhouse and their father(Yakumo) worked as a lawyer at a law firm. Yu's older brother Keiyo who was 3 years older than Yu and Maya, went to elementary school at the time ,and aspired to one day be like his father. Maya and Yu were both preschoolers and the youngest child just two years younger than the twins was still too young for school. Their mother had a photosynthesis quirk which gave her the ability to rapidly accelerate plant life as well as make her thumbs green. Their father as well as Keiyo both shared the same quirk which was wood manipulation which allowed them to change and manipulate the shape of wood(as a result of their quirk they sweat tree sap). Yu however had rubber body quirk which made his body all rubbery.(the fact that his quirk made his skin pink made slightly strange family photos).

"pancakes... check!, fruit juice... check!, secret stash of candy I hid since new years... where is it?!... (Yu gasps as he notices the wrappers sitting in the trash can.) I know it was Keiyo who did this dang it!" Yu said angrily as he clutched his juice can. His older brother Keiyo stood outside the room and smirked to himself, "Wow... I ate that candy over two months ages ago... Im surprised he just noticed it..." Keiyo thought to himself as he walked off laughing. Yu was not going to be deterred as he was dead set on watching his favorite show, Duragun Ball C. Yu's face lit up with excitement when the intro began, "oh boy I can't wait to watch this marathon! its going to be good!" Yu said to himself as he sat there infront of his bed two feet away from the television.

After twenty minutes of uninterrupted TV watching, *SMACK!* went the door leading to Keiyo and Yu's room. It was Yu's Slightly older sister Maya along with their younger sister Nia. Keiyo stood in the hallway with sadistic glee as he watched what was about to unfold, "guess what Yu! I got my quirk now! I got mom's quirk! that makes me the cool twin again! Keiyo told me you would want to hear the good news!" Maya said grinning while holding up her green thumbs. Yu sat there dumb-faced as he looked back and forth at both Maya and the TV, "So you can make plants grow huh?" Yu said slightly disappointed as his attention went from the TV to his sister ,but then he smiled and looked at her, "thats awesome Maya! good for you! you really are the best sibling! you should totally tell your friends! they would love to find out!" Yu said cheerfully. Maya gasped then ran out of the room with Nia a few steps behind her to their room to talk to her friends via the house phone with her mothers assistance. Yu sat there contently grinning at his brother before turning his head back to the television. Yu thought it was strange his quirk was different from both his parents and his siblings as his quirk was rubber body which turned him pink as well as made his body stretchy and rubbery. He still shared similar facial features with his parents except he was pink! He pondered this for a few moments before returning his attention back to his program.

The next day they celebrated his sisters new quirk manifesting. During the party Yu occasionally pondered his circumstances again. He was fine being pink and rubbery ,but it was more than that as Yu was always the oddball of the family regardless of his quirk. Though despite this Yu was still happy for sister and joined with the celebration. They even made jokes as well, Maya was called the "late bloomer" and Yu was called "the oddball". Their mother Leeya had made the cake and carried it to the living room sitting it carefully on the coffee table just outside of Nia's reach. Their father had paid for and decorated the living room with streamers, balloons ,and confetti that he has saved just for the occasion. The party was a total success as Maya was happy, Yu and Keiyo didn't get in any fight ,and Nia even drew her sister a picture in which Maya promptly placed on her nightstand that night.

The next day at school the students mostly congratulated Maya on her quirk manifestation ,and that day the teacher asked them what they wanted to be when they grew up. To which most of the kids replied with being a hero, teacher, astronaut, a fireman, doctor, actor, celebrity ,yet Yu was dumbfounded by the question. Yu wasn't entirely motivated to be anything when he grew up, "I guess I'm gonna be a hobo!... ride a train car or travel all across the world" Yu said contently as he held up a crude drawing of himself with a cape standing on a train car. To his surprise most of the kids began laughing to which Yu shrugged it off and laughed with them. In truth Yu didn't really have a clue of what he wanted to be. Neither did maya ,but she was smart enough to pick an actual career as she said she wanted to grow trees just like her mother. Yu cared deeply for his sister ,but didn't care for gardening or whatever confusing stuff his father did for a living.

That night Yu looked over at his brother Keiyo who was sitting across the room at his desk with his notebook and a quill. Keiyo was so focused on his extra credit school projects that he didn't even notice Yu was still up watching him. Yu sat there amazed as Keiyo was a smart kid that knew what he wanted. That was something Yu wanted to aspire to be like ,but how could he be more like his brother? Yu became more determined to make something of himself except the big problem was that he still didn't know what yet.

After Yu had decided to become more like his brother he went to sleep that night ,and his older brother Keiyo continued working on his extra credit school projects for two hours longer before heading to sleep himself. The next morning was a regular Friday school day. When Yu came home he began jotting down ideas ,but most of it was simply poorly written scribbles and poorly drawn pictures of squirrels and lizards he had previously saw while walking home that day, "Whatcha drawin loser..." scoffed Keiyo as walked by. Keiyo then jumped on the couch propping his feet on the table and turned on the television to watch the news, "Keiyo your so lame... watching the news trying to act like dad ,but your an even bigger goofball than I am. Also the worst part is you know it too which is why you act so defensive" Yu said as he continued drawing his misshapen squirrel. At this point Keiyo was visibly angry with his eyes glaring focused on Yu, "atleast I can spell news loser... and who do you think you are anyways?! I can't even read that chicken scratch! your handwriting is worse than Nia's and shes still learning her alphabet!" Yelled Keiyo with a smug look as he looked back at the news. Yu continued writing for five minutes before looking back at his brother, "none of that changes the fact that I'm still right..." Yu said calmly before continuing.

Afterwards the two got into a heated argument which ended in an enraged father busting out of his home office grabbing both of them ,and taking them outside to find chores for them to do. They were outside doing chores around the yard for three hours before they were done. After they ate dinner that afternoon Yu bugged his sister to help him with his handwriting for ten minutes before she reluctantly agreed. While Maya was helping Yu improve his handwriting, *RING! RING! RIIIING!* went the phone. After a minute their father Yakumo's face turned cold as he was called about an attack that happened near the greenhouse his wife/their mother(Leeya) worked and they believe she may have gotten caught up in the attack. Yakumo felt a weight hit him when they confirmed the terrible news. He sat at the table for a few minutes looking out the window and at his four kids then eventually decided to tell them. the youngest child Nia took the news the hardest. Two weeks later they had the funeral ceremony in China ,and the body was sent to Japan so her parents so they could give her a proper traditional Japanese style funeral. at the Ceremony in China Yakumo looked over at the kids at told them about his wifes wish's to one day move back to her home country Japan as the two had been talking about it for a while ,but Yakumo was never serious about it ,and had always intended in staying in his home country of China. Keiyo and Maya were indifferent to the idea, while Yu hated the idea ,and Nia was still for the most part in denial.

One week after the incident had passed Yakumo had became more serious about her wish to move back to Japan ,but he needed time and he needed plans. Yakumo had spoken with Leeya's family about coming to Japan. They continued to live in china for another year. Leeya's parents were willing to help them with financial needs until they got on their feet. Yakumo had spent the most part of the year planning their move to Japan as well as getting some assistance from his former employer to help him find a suitable law firm in Japan that he could work at.

A year after the family had moved to Japan they were now living in Musutafu Japan. The family still had their same old family photos from two years ago ,but none of them liked talking much of it. For the most part they settled in nicely ,and despite the tragedy that had occurred two years ago things were finally looking up. Yakumo was rising in the law firm he worked at becoming well known by many as a well respected lawyer, Keiyo was near the top of his class, Maya had taken a great interest in journalism, Yu's handwriting had become so good that even Keiyo was activly praising it ,and Nia was Finally in school and making new friends. Leeya's parents still helped them from time to time even if they needed it or not. Things would never be the same ,but things were looking up for them.

*BEEP! BEEEP! BEEP! BEEEP!* Went Yu's alarm clock. Yu got up and pressed the alarm ready to get dressed and start another day at school. He put on his student uniform while his brother was still fast asleep from overdoing his studies again the night prior. Yu turned off the light before heading out. Even though part of Yu hated his brother for all the countless fights they got into he still cared enough for him to turn out the lights and give him a few extra minutes of sleep. Yu went down and joined his two sisters in eating breakfast. It was toast and scrambled eggs with orange juice. Yu was disappointed his father didn't get the grapefruit juice that he had specifically asked for throughout the past two weeks. After they had halfway finished eating Keiyo had finally got up and had heavy eye bags. All three of Keiyo's siblings had spit out their orange juice when they saw Keiyo walking downstairs with the goofiest looking expression. Even Yakumo had to turn his head to not choke on his toast, "Boy you need to get to bed sooner. You got plenty hours in the day to get stuff done" Yakumo said looking over at him, "Getting the proper amount of sleep is good for a proper healthy boy!" cheered Maya as she grinned. Keiyo walked over and ate his breakfast slowly. As the others began grabbing their bags Keiyo had already wolfed down his breakfast, snatched his bag up ,and was already heading outside, "Just another day at school!" Said Keiyo as he opened the door with a smirk.

As they went off to school that day ,and their father Yakumo was reviewing a case he was going over involving two gang members. Yakumo was the lawyer they wanted to have these people thrown away behind bars. Yakumo was a little hesitant as he hadn't thrown gang members in jail before. He pondered what sort of retaliation might happen should some of the other gang members decide to get revenge against the people responsible or worse. If they decided to come after their families. Yakumo had a lot of his mind that morning.

That day at school Yu had felt awkward for having low grades compared to his two brilliant siblings. Between his older brother being involved in AP classes and his sister excelling in her work as well Yu felt pretty average. It didn't help the fact that even his younger sister Nia was writing full sentences compared to most of her class which were still learning to form words. Yu was pretty much the average kid in his family. That day when they got home he looked over at his older sister Maya, "Hey sis... Yu look amazing today! is that a new hairstyle? your folder looked super organi-" Yu said before being interrupted, "what do you want Yu?" Maya reluctantly asked crossing her arms, "can you tutor m-" Yu said and again being interrupted, "forget about it... your too dumb... and besides... its not my fault your too lazy to pay attention in class anyways" Maya said turning her head away, "oh come on! I need to get smarts! like you!" Yelled Yu, "Your dumb Yu... your denser than lead Yu... Your dumber than a second coat of paint" Keiyo said while walking towards te couch. Maya eventually reluctantly decided to help. Yu got confused pretty quickly ,but his brother Keiyo was nice enough to pitch in as well. He was quick to anger ,but he was also happy to see Yu wanting to further his education. Between Maya yelling in his right ear and Keiyo yelling in his left ear they barely noticed Nia sitting by the kitchen counter making a peanut butter jelly sandwich.

While The kids were at home that afternoon their father was at work in his office reviewing the evidence ,and deciding whether or not he was confident enough to go through with the case. After his boss walked in he spoke with Yakumo telling him that is was his choice whether or not he wanted to go through with the case or not as his boss was a nice guy ,and wasn't going to force him to take the case if he was too scared to do it. Yakumo looked at his family photo on the desk; (Yakumo was standing behind Keiyo and Yu while holding up bunny ears behind their heads, Leeya was standing next to Yakumo and behind Maya and Nia giggling with her hands on their shoulders. Keiyo was standing there with his arms crossed, Yu was making a goofy face while sticking his tongue out and Maya and Nia were both standing there giggling). Yakumo looked at his family photo with a smirk before getting up ,and heading to his boss's office to confirm he would take the case.

When Yakumo came home the first thing he saw were Keiyo and Maya smacking Yu with rolled up newspaper while Yu continued studying. Nia was on the couch with peanut butter and jelly on her face as well as on the counter in the kitchen. Yakumo was too tired to yell at his kids this late into the afternoon so he went into the kitchen and fixed himself a peanut butter jelly sandwich and fell on the couch next to Nia, "So... anything good on tv today?" Yakumo said face first into the couch, "Yea! watch tv with me papa!" Nia said excitedly... but its hard to watch cartoons when those poopyheads keep yelling during the show" Said Nia slightly upset, "That is not how you solve those types of equations Yu! do it the way I showed you!" Keiyo yelled, "actually the way you did it was incorrect as you left this step out." Yu said cheerfully while pointing towards the specific step, "Wow...you know Keiyo he is right you know? You forgot a step" Maya said laughing. Keiyo was visibly angry for a moment then burst into laughter, "I guess I was... The day Yu is actually right about something..." Keiyo mumbled to himself. Maya, Keiyo ,and Yu made themselves peanut butter jelly sandwiches and sat on the couch, "So... I take it were just going to eat sandwiches and watch cartoons today for dinner?" Maya said, "Pretty much..." Said Yakumo, "It's amazing!" Said Nia. So that's what they did. They sat there and watched cartoons ,and eventually took their baths and headed to bed.

The next day was Saturday and Yu headed to his tai chi class as Yu had been attending Tai Chi classes for the past 6 months. Yu enjoyed attending Tai chi as it helped improve his health, confidence as well as provide him self-defense lessons. His Tai Chi instructor was a strong stalwart man that looked to be around his mid forties with scars and bruises. His name was Li Jie Zhang but Yu was to refer to him as Sifu Zhang. Sifu Zhang was a tough martial artist ,but was also kind and cared much for his students. In his class there were makirawaras(training dummies), mirrors so the students could see themselves as well as the instructor when he wasn't facing them), various chinese weapons(from jian to kwandao to hook swords there were many weapons), and a hard stone floor. There was also a picture large picture with a simple wooden frame on the far side of the room of him as a student with his instructor and the many other students. Fun Fact: one of the students in the picture was a young prodigy student by the name of Konju). Even though he came predominantly for tai chi the instructor also taught his students bagua and xing yi(the reason being is because tai chi, bagua ,and xing yi are often taught together and are occasionally called "the three sisters"). Xing Yi was harder as it involved more jumping around and low stances. Bagua was more confusing as it involved walking in circles and various turns and techniques. Though despite the difficulty he enjoyed learning then anyways ,and the fact that his instructor was very supportive really helped a lot.

Meanwhile after a week in court the two gang members were finally given lengthy prison sentences. Yakumo has mostly relieved that they were finally being brought to justice ,and that he no longer had to worry with those two walking the streets. As Yakumo drove home he noticed two men in dark suits follow him for two blocks ,but eventually turn before Yakumo could make out their faces. Yakumo was somewhat concerned about the two people who followed him ,but he was more concerned about his family. He began speeding up as he drove for his house to his relief to find out everything was fine. Yu and Maya were studying science, Keiyo was helping Nia with basic math to help ensure she stays a couple steps ahead of her classmates. Yakumo walked in and began boiling pasta which would later be turned into spaghetti and meat balls. That night Yakumo set his alarm clock for Sunday which he just happened to have the day off.

As the night continued lights were flashing and everyone was dancing. The whole building was filled with people eating, drinking(some more than they should), dancing, partying ,and even singing to karaoke. Yu was up on the stage as well as a couple other people singing "Funk You" by C-low Gween, "I guess the chaaange in my pocket just wasn't enough!... I'm like! Funk you! funk her toooo!" Yu sang as the party continued. before He could sing the next line a loud ringing noise could be heard throughout the building ,and a the lights began shining brighter and brighter. Then moments later Yu woke up to the rooms bright lights shining in his eyes ,and the sound of his alarm clock going off. "you need to quit singing at night! Because of you I can't get that song out of my head now!" Keiyo said pressing the pillow firmly against his head.

That morning they ate a regular breakfast and about an hour after they had finished and cleaned up they received a strange phone call from Yakumo's boss, "Yakumo its me! your boss! Some people came here today and I fear the worst... We were lucky here as some pro heroes had been patrolling outside and were quick enough to react before anyone could be harmed. However they didn't get here until after one of those thugs could get your address. I've already called the police ,but I fear the worst! please be safe!" Said his boss nervously. Yakumo was petrified for a moment ,and thirty minutes after the phone call some loud banging on the front door could be heard. Yakumo sent his kids upstairs and stood by the stairway with a pistol he had owned for several years. Yakumo wasn't an expert marksman ,but he went down to the shooting range once a week and had some experience if that would help. Though Yakumo wasn't sure what he would be going up against as a gun wouldn't make much of a difference against someone with a bullet proof quirk or someone with better marksmanship. Moments later the door was kicked open. A short thin man wearing a grey suit walked in smoking a cigar. behind him stood two large men wearing dark grey suits. As the men focused on the father they didn't notice Yu looking down the stairway.

As the men walked in a muffled gunshot rang out. One of the two tall men had shot the gun out of Yakumo's hand forcing him to surrender. approached Yakumo the short man began explaining how Yakumo was responsible for two of his lackeys being arrested ,and one of them being his son. While this was going on Keiyo wanted to get Yu back into the room ,but then heard a loud smash as one of the large men smash a lamp. Yu attempted to hide behind the couch ,but was noticed coming down the stairs. The man in the grey suit pointed to him with his cane, "Boy!... come down here and have a little chat with us. Were just here for your father. Don't worry! we won't bite you at least" Said the man with a rough grizzled voice. As he said that Yakumo looked over at Yu with fear and surprise. Yu reluctantly went down the stairs and as he stood by his father the man walked over to him and blew his cigar smoke at him, "See? now was that so hard?" Said the man as he turned around and walked back over to his two lackeys, "Tell your father goodbye... one last time" The short man said before pointing it at his head.

Before the man could pull the trigger, "Lacquered Chains Prison!" Yelled a voice coming from outside the house ,and as soon as the voice could be heard long branches extended into the house wrapping around the two large men. As the short man turned to see what was going on Yakumo too the opportunity to try take the gun from him ,but before he could take it the man noticed. They struggled for the gun until Yu stretched his arm to both the short man as well as his father's surprise as Yu stretched his arm out snatching the gun away. Moments later more branches came in wrapping around the short man ,and after that a man by the name Shinji Nishiya(AKA Kamui Woods) walked in to see the three gang members apprehended as well as his surprise to see Yu holding the man's gun. "oh hey! careful with that thing... I saw you grab that from his hand... that was some pretty good work. Someone such as yourself might consider becoming a hero... but that's just a thought of course! your free to choose your own path!" Kamui Woods said to Yu before speaking with Yakumo. After being spoken to by a pro hero Yu felt invigorated to hear those words from someone so amazing. Sure his father had given him praise ,but for some reason this felt different to him. Yakumo felt inspired and not just regular inspired ,but more inspired than ever as this is what he wanted to be. Yu saw Kamui Woods arrest the criminals and he thought to himself, this is what he wanted to do. This is what Yu wanted to do. When the brave hero came in to save the day Yu felt extremely relieved as he knew everything was going to be okay. At that moment Yu wanted to be able to give other people that same feeling of relief and to know someone was looking out for them. The other kids came down to see the hero listening to the father. After their conversation had ended Kamui Woods eventually left with the now arrested criminals. Yakumo discussed with his kids about what had happened ,and for the next for weeks they were all pretty startled and uneasy from the experience.

Since then weeks eventually passed, then months ,and then soon enough whole years had passed ,and yet Yu was still determined to become a hero. Years after the event Yakumo had earned such a great reputation that he was eventually able to open his own law firm. Keiyo had done so well in middle school that he was able to get accepted into a prestigious high school where he could focus on following the same path as his father of becoming a lawyer. Maya and Yu went to middle school. For a while Maya actually became jealous of Yu as during the time in school Yu had passed her up in grades ,and was accepted into AP classes just slightly before her. Maya went on to join the yearbook club as well as the school newspaper. Nia was now in elementary school and much like her siblings she was at the top of her class grade wise. To everyone's surprise when Nia's quirk finally awoken it was completely different from her parents as her quirk was called carob(type of gum tree)(her quirk allows her to heal damaged/sick plants with her sweat). Eventually after Nia's quirk manifested her and her sister slowly began growing a beautiful garden in their front yard earning the praise as well as envy from most of their neighbors. So much so that the neighbors were willing to pay them a respectable sum for them to plant beautiful gardens in their yards too. As for Yu he went on to join the schools karaoke club as well as continuing to pursue his regularly attended martial arts classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back