• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia, Revolution!

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Jane remains set where she stands, eyes slowly moving towards Kazuhiko "The previous detail applys to everyone here, It may have escaped your notice but this is a hospital" her slow words carrying with them the usual weight despite lacking volume, turning back to the rest of the group "Additionally, If such a experiance is seeing you break so easily then its clear your attempts to play hero is should cease here. What you encountered is nothing special, its the mundane of such a career, and if even the fakes can handle it....then it speaks volumes of those who can not" Sharp words with a finality to each, returning to silence afterwards, breaking her eye contact to look towards the door and the abnormal scene occuring outside.

Benjiro ran a hand through his hair, smoothing it back (or trying to; it stuck right back up stubbornly like steel wool) before giving her a big smile.

"I'm good with that," he answered.

He'd tried to get Reiko to be a member of 'rich kid squad' as he wanted to call it, but she wasn't biting. Too bad. She seemed cool--you know, besides the fact she was hot. But that wasn't all Ben thought about, obviously. If it was he wouldn't have passed his classes.

Of course, then the zombie girl had to ask him to be quiet. And she was...well, pretty scary, because she looked like a freaking zombie, but before he could say 'sure' and tell her to lighten up Kazu blew up at him. Benjiro's tail drooped a little, biting his lip. That was...pretty true.

"Aizawa was kidnapped...?" He said. He rubbed the back of his neck, looking at everyone in turn. "Guys...listen man, I didn't...as soon as I saw the headline I got here quick as I could. I didn't watch long enough to know all the...exact...I'm sorry, dude."

Kazu looked like he was mauled. Benjiro's ears perked up a little, when he heard Akuma's voice. He was a nice guy--they bonded over being lapped by other students during gym (which was really every class, with Oni Jiro as the teacher). He gave the demon a thumbs up. "Hell yeah, man! You must have seen some real action."

He gave him a friendly punch in the shoulder, brow furrowing at Jane's little speech. He saw Elizabeth's shoulders tense.

She wanted to get angry at her; she couldn't. It wasn't a good idea with her quirk, after all.

Luckily, she didn't need to. Benjiro was much dumber and much more prone to getting emotional. Elizabeth sometimes almost admired the way he never hid how he felt. Benjiro was a jackass but he was surprisingly...sincere. In a blunt sort of way.

He turned toward her before anyone else could react. "Hey, why don't you shut up?" He snapped. "Neither of us were there, so we can't give lectures, man."

Jane does not look back to the two, instead just walking past them carring the case with her "The truth is singular, something either is, or it isnt....being there or not doesnt change change that" carrying on her slow methodic steps turning her head once she reaches the door with just few final words "Actions echo loudly, Your alive... so you get attempt to challange my observations....next time"

The birds started to circle in as Luka could only raise his hands to protect his face. The crows squawked loudly, the tornado of black moving in on the students as they started to divebomb on their victim. Their small claws and beaks razed against his skin, ripping his already damaged body back apart. The ground under him made a small "sploosh!" As he will the ground under him to encircle him like a sphere. However, a group of birds tackled themselves into the boy, throwing him off his feet as he was continuously attacked by the birds, his body being pushed closer and closer to death again as he fell to the floor. The birds continued to pierce through his skin as if he were food, his blood spilling on the floor. The hospital doors slightly shook as the mass of birds slowly continued to grow in front of the hospital, the windows being completely surrounded in black throughout the front entrance.

Janes eyes narrow before putting the case down and slipping through the doors and into the black storm of feathers, pulling out two items from her pack and slipping them over her hands as she rushes through ignoring the creatures hitting into her. As she makes it to the center and the fallen student she casts her hands out to the side, making several small motions of her fingers as she does before clenching something invisible between her teeth, pulling it taught as a faint shimmer of light of the item final thing seen before the world around her explodes into red.

A fun fact about birds, is they are terrible at seeing certain non-natural objects, hence why they have a tendancy to get caught on fishing line or hitting into windows they have yet to learn the location of, this however was not somthing as simple as fishing wire. The flurry of feathers and cawing collide into invisible thread that has latched itself onto several nearby objects, effectively slicing themselves through on contact in a macabre scene, splashes of red now cascaded across the local area and front of the hospital.

Lowering her gaze slightly she stairs at Luka on the ground, holding up the defense until the birds either clear out of back off, eyes bearing into him as she focuses on her current task.
MJoh.gif

Last edited:
Her words hung heavy in the air after she said them. There was a beat where nothing was said, until Benjiro snorted.

"Man, what a bitch, right guys?"

"Ryuga, shut up!" Elizabeth snapped.

"Oh come on, I can't get in trouble for that--"

"No--I mean yeah that's a dick move--but I mean shut up, I hear something," Elizabeth answered. She straightened up in her seat to perk up her ears, blinking. Finally she asked, "does anyone else hear...birds?"

"Uh, like outside?"

"Yeah. Like too many birds outside. Like an Alfred Hitchcock amount of birds outside."

Benjiro stared at her like she was speaking gibberish. Elizabeth sighed. "Is that not a thing in Japan? The point is that it's weird." She got up. "I'm going to go look--"

"Whoa, no, I will look," Benjiro made her sit back down. "You have done enough, I will go check out the scary birds."

"Uh, Ryuga, are you su--"

"Hey, you all had enough to deal with today," he gave a thumbs up as he walked backwards, "I'm just returning the favor, dude!"

He turned getting ready to walk outside. Poor Sharp. So keyed up from what had happened that some birds were freaking her out--he was more than willing to put her mind at ease--

And then he saw what was happening outside the window.

"...what the shit I'm sorry for anything I've ever done to you please don't kill me," Benjiro breathed, seeing the unholy scene of murdered fowl and Jane. He looked at Luka as well. Upon realizing his classmate was half dead, he shook off the intense wave of fear and nausea to run outside. "What the hell?"

He grabbed Luka, trying to get him back to his feet. "Dude, you good? What happened? Hey, shoo. I'm trying to save your life too, bird!" He swatted at a stray crow that had tried to get in for another shot at Luka, and it flew away with an annoyed squawk.

"Ooooookay, that sounded like 'please help me' noises," Elizabeth remarked inside. She got up from her seat again. "I think something really weird might be happening outside, guys. I'm taking a look."

As if the shaking door and squawking weren't enough to know. But could anyone blame her for hoping there would be no more surprises today?

National National PlusUltra PlusUltra

Luka was finally able to breathe a bit as the torturous amount of squawking finally subsided, even if only slightly. He looked over his shoulder, his eyes regretfully looking back at his zombie classmate, who bore into his very soul as he shuddered from her haunting haze.
"You trying to save me or kill me?"
He thought as he then felt his body shift up, not noticing the other student until he felt him assist him to his feet. He shrugged his shoulders, wiping the blood that covered his eyes as he grounded his feet into the ground.
"I dunno, I was literally just trying to catch some fresh air, and the next thing you know, I got attacked by a few angry feathers." Few was a massive understatement, but it didn't stop him. He bent his knees in a little before raising his hand, all the time that he was on the ground not being in vain. The large pool that had formed in front of the students fired up like water spout at the birds, the collection of feathery beasts pulling back as they hauntingly looked over the hospital, the students covered by the dark shadow that was created from the winged animals. A moment passed as the wall slowly started to disperse, before finally one crow was left, flapping in the wind by it's lonesome before flying away as well.
"Sheesh, can't we take a break for a day? I just woke up too." The young boy coughed, his body going limp for a moment as the rush of exhaustion settled in. He shifted his legs before catching himself, straightening himself up as he looked down at his now tattered clothes.
"Tch, the nurse is gonna kill me when she sees this. Thanks for the save though guys."

Seeing the birds dissipate Jane remains in her position in silence for several moments, retracting the now crimson threads as they snap back into the gauntlets less the errant fool from before slice himself as he attempts to approach. Now covered in red she turns her her head across the upper rooftops and sky, blue orbs slowly scanning for any remaining avian threat before her attention returns to Luka with a unblinking gaze.

"There was a chance that the Villians from earlier would return, though none displayed this ability from what i heard. Not discounting the chance that group had additional members...the alternative is a unrelated person, who appears to have targgeted you specifically" keeping the stare for a few more moemnts before her arm shoots out to grab him unceremoniously as he stumbles by the front of the collar, turning and starting to pull him back inside more like a sack than anything else. "You will recieve treatment again" the blood covered girl heading straight through the doors and back to the desk to attempt to admit him once more, giving no mind to the red bootprints now left across the hospital floor.

National National Marzopup Marzopup

"Additionally, If such a experiance is seeing you break so easily then its clear your attempts to play hero is should cease here. What you encountered is nothing special, its the mundane of such a career, and if even the fakes can handle it....then it speaks volumes of those who can not"

Came Jane's words in the wake of Kazuhikos rant. The boy narrows his eyes, still looking off to the side, done with confrontation, preferring stoic silence to empassioned reply. Despite his lack of response he couldn't disagree more. What they had encountered wasn't just a day in the life. It had been an organized attack of high level villains and had anything gone different multiple kids would be dead. Let alone the fact that an A rank veteran hero of top regard had been kidnapped. The fact that Jane had only cold, distant feelings about the incident was just as unheroic as Kazuhikos lack of composure.

"Hey, why don't you shut up? Neither of us were there, so we can't give lectures, man."

Counters Benjiro, defending the demoralized classroom. Kazu had to admit, that despite Benjiro not being the most studeous or intelligent among the group, he could often boil things down to the basics and make compelling points. He was right in Kazuhikos opinion.

"The truth is singular, something either is, or it isnt....being there or not doesnt change that. Actions echo loudly, Your alive... so you get attempt to challange my observations....next time"

She answers, her philosophy butting heads with the silent boy once more. She missed the point, in Kazuhikos opinion, and maybe if she stuck around he would've piped up, but within a few moments she was gone, disappearing to another portion of the building.

She wasn't the type to change her mind via debate anyway, so he despaired not in his inability to argue with the girl. Maybe in time she would understand his perspective through experience.

"Man, what a bitch, right guys?"

Remarks Benjiro, breaking the silence. Kazu doesnt exactly agree, or disagree with the statement, and remains silent once more, still ashamed of his emotional display, still angry, still confused, giving the room a silent treatment rather than invest more emotional cache.

In the following moments, Elizabeth and Benjiro would engage in another back and forth, much of it ignored by the thinking boy. He did notice, however, that Benjiro too disappeared from the lounge, bounding off to follow Jane perhaps, leaving the room in silence.

"Screw it" he thinks to himself, standing from the couch, walking to the hallway, finding a payphone nearby. He inserts a few coins, dials a number that had been collecting dust in the back of his mind and waits anxiously for a pickup. If he was going to be "soft" mentally, as Jane thought, then he'd damn well be hard physically, and to do so he'd have to gain strength, even if it meant sacrificing pride.

Last edited:
While the rest of her class conversed and boasted over their first encounters with real-life villains, Akiyama sat alone in her chair, tracing imaginary lines on the floor tiling with her claw, with her eyes intently focusing on battle plans that only she could see.
"How could I have done that better? " being the main question she held in her mind.
In truth, she was more than a little disappointed with her performance.
Three years of hard training, and all she wound up doing was wildly swinging in the hopes that that man wouldn't have had the chance to fight back.
In the end, she couldn't even figure out his quirk, and the only reason she'd won was because Purin had stepped in to save her.
He was really scary... She thought to herself, before concluding, But Inoue would have beaten him, no problem...

A few moments later, a nurse had barged into the room, apparently to bring Luka back to his room.
Akiyama hadn't seen him, so she kept her head down, and returned to her thoughts, until another nurse entered behind her colleague, and approached her.

"Excuse me, are you Akiyama?"
Snapping her head up from the floor in surprise, Akiyama replies, "Yeah."
"Miss Purin was asking to see you. She's waiting in one of our rooms down the hall." The nurse dutifully informs her, pointing towards the entrance that she'd emerged from.
"Is she okay?"
"Oh, yes, of course!" the nurse said assuringly.
"She just has a small case of hypoglycemia from overusing her quirk."
"..."
"Low blood sugar." she uncomfortably reiterates, wilting beneath Akiyama's trademark blank stare.
"She just needs a little rest, and some carbohydrates."
"...Oh. Alright." Akiyama mutely replies, rising from her seat.
With a point of her finger, the nurse directs Akiyama towards the hall where she could find her sweet-loving friend, before urgently rushing off to assist her colleague with the commotion happening outside.
---
"Uuugh!! This stupid hospital is the wooorst!" The lavender-haired girl furiously pouts from atop her hospital bed.
"They have me hooked up to this dumb IV drip to replenish my sugar, but they won't let me eat any of the snacks that I brought with me for the trip!"
"That sounds bad, but what does that have to do with me?" Akiyama responds confusedly, standing beside her friend's hospital bed.
With an accusative leer, Purin retorts, "Because I used up all of my sugar defending you from that creep with the glasses, remember?"
"O-Oh yeah...Sorry." Akiyama quietly muttered, looking ashamedly at the ground.
With an airy, light-hearted chuckle, Purin reclined into her folded mattress, crossing her arms behind her head.
In the short time that they'd known each other, Purin had gotten a good handle on dealing with her airheadedness, and on reading her emotions.
It's funny... she thought to herself, She always looks like she's all stoic, but if you pay close attention to her, she's really always wearing her heart on her sleeve!
"It's fine!"
The lavender-haired girl assured. "A shame I'm all cooped up in the room though! I even brought a bunch of fancy chocolates that I wanted to give out to everyone to celebrate our first field trip!"
As she covetously glared at the untouchable sweets that taunted her from the confines of her bag, she suddenly had a brief flash of inspiration.
"Hey!" she abruptly exclaimed, causing her daydreaming friend to suddenly wheel her head around to face her.
"Why don't you give them out to everyone, Aki? I'm sure they'd appreciate it after everything that's happened!"
Withdrawing the large, fancily decorated box of high-class confectioneries from within her friends bag, Akiyama thought back to the scene she had left; how many of the students had entered covered in bandages.
"You think that will be enough to cheer them up, Purin?" Akiyama asked, looking wondrously at the box in her hands.
Puffing up her chest, with a smug, all-knowing grin, Purin proclaimed, "Never underestimate the power of chocolate, Akiyama!"
---
That girl has some strange ideas sometimes... Akiyama thought to herself as she closed the door behind her, Purin's advice still echoing in her mind.
Although...I guess that this can't really hurt.
With a box of lucrative candies in hand, the insect girl roams the halls of the hospital, looking about for any of her classmates.
Through a cracked door, she notices a familiar face lying in a hospital bed.
According to Recovery Girl, he was open to visitors, but was currently resting due to his injuries.
If Akiyama remembered correctly, his name was Shin.
It was difficult not to recognize him, due to the nature of his quirk; everything from his hair, down to his toes was a mass of organized white squares, separated by hair-thin black lines.
She'd never talked to him, and if his steady breathing, and unconscious form was any indication, she wasn't going to have the chance to start now.
Without saying a word, she placed one of the carefully wrapped chocolates on the serving table at his side, quietly bowed her head in respect, and turned to exit the room.
One down, she thought, taking a few steps, before reaching for the door.
Now for everybody else

Interaction: harnackam harnackam

Last edited:
Akuma was a little lost as he watched the intensity build more and more between his classmates, this really wasn't the kind of interaction he wanted right now, he was hoping Benjiro would help lighten the mood, tended to be what he did despite being overly-excitable at times. Looking to Kazu, he was usually unbothered by Benjiro for the most part, I mean, not even Rosen was getting all up an arms with anyone right now.

Looking to the blond classmate, he seemed to be sitting in a bit of a daze. Bandaged and stitched up, the exhaustion of getting what healing he could from Recovery Girl and the fight catching up to him. His eyes were lightly closed as he sat with a slouched posture, leaning on his spread knees on some random bench just by himself. It was rare to see him just sitting alone, it was a bit out of the ordinary. It seemed even the ones that were the first to jump into the fray were having some coping issues.

Akuma looked Back to Bejiro as he uttered, "Man, what a bitch, right guys?" He gave a short chuckle with a bit of a shrug to go with his Kurt nod. Not sure how else to respond, about to open his mouth to speak regardless, was when elizabeth spoke up. Raising a brow to her, he looked curiously in the direction, Benjiro running past. Akuma looking to the blonde wolf girl, Akuma rose a brow to her and gave a little flirty smirk in her direction. Looking like he wanted to say something flirty before she stood up and announced she'd be going too, despite Benjiro's request. There goes his opportunity.

Looking awkwardly to Kazu as he seemed a bit emotionally constipated, he watched him run off with some random intense thought. Watching him run toward the phones, he let out a little sigh, and there goes his party because he was too slow to interact. Biting the inside of his cheek slightly, he let out a sigh and returned to wandering the halls for awhile, interacting was hard right now, harder than usual. His tail a bit slumped as he began to be consumed again with what more he could have done during that alteraction. If he made the right call to focus all on bystanders. He had almost no injury, while everyone else... then again, that was usually the case with his resistance quirk, right? It probably would have ended up like this either way.... but not if he took the damage instead of them... they wouldn't be as injured. He let's out another deep sigh, nearly running into the bug girl who sat up front in class with him, just by the window while he was closer to the door.

"Ah, Ak-ki-kiyama" He had some trouble getting the name out for a moment as he met her gaze, his eyes always straying to look at the big bug eyes on the top of her head rather than her regular eyes. He wasn't sure if that was rude or not, but he couldn't really help it. The other eyes just gained more attention, "Uh, what are you doing here? I thought you were in the lobby? " He pointed behind himself to where he came from, "N-not that I mind bumping into you here." He shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck as he blushed slightly, his tail swaying behind him with a slow rhythm. There were so many cute girls in his class, if anyone could cheer him up it was one of these ladies, if they would give him the time of day.

Jean puts the phone down after a while, coming out of her distracted world of planning to notice several more members to the group, wide grin back in full force "Well glad we got more people up and around! Apparently bus is coming soon to get us all back to school but no reason not to enjoy the lul a little." looking around a little, oblivious to the previous chaos "Seems everyones fine and they apparently are getting tons of info from that old gecko" pausing to herself for a moment "Wait....Siri, Do Geko's spit?", "I cant find any record of that", "What Lizards Spit?", "Most frequently the "Gila Monster" a Lizard commonly found....." clicking to turn the phones announcement off before continueing "That old Gila, is singing like a canary....well a canary that used to have teeth...no wait canarys dont have teeth,...." her voice trails off before waving a hand "You know what i mean....Everythings looking up, and now we got some real experiance to work with and go crazier at school....its going to be great! Also....we have a few really fun suprises coming up though details are a secret for now" wagging her finger near the end and throwing a playful wink out with her cheerful tone.

Jane raises a eye finally noticing the bloody floor "Erm....also......did someones badages break? I dont recall that being here a few minutes ago...."

The students continue to hang out in the hospital, some pass the time with a makeshift party, with food served for downtrodden students by other, less downtrodden students. Not much takes place in this span and the time is spent by kicking it with classmates.

A couple hours pass and Oni Jiro shows up to the lounge where the students are gathered. He isnt boisterous, not the loud, confident presence that the students are accustomed to. Instead he is reserved and grim. Quiet as he tells the students all information pertaining to them.

The main bit being that school is canceled for the following twelve days. That classes will resume the Wednesday after next, furthermore, the days missed will be made up by being tacked on to the end of the year 😢.

During the impromptu break, the school will be "renovating" (security upgrades) and conducting "internal investigations" (mole hunt). After the explanation is over, a bus arrives, taking students back to the school gates. From there they return home.

Twelve days pass. Some students take time to relax, others train, honing their craft, others work with their family or catch up on studies. Before they know it though, the student body returns to UA, its security system upgraded, it's staff investigated. Class 1-A becomes notorious among the greater population of UA, their feats becoming the talk of the town.

Pro Hero/Faculty News

Behind closed doors things are not nearly as calm as they appear to the public/student body. Three top Heros are missing and half a dozen lower ranked Heros have disappeared around the country. There is something happening but it's low profile. Whispers are starting to circulate that there is a war being waged behind the scenes. Analysts take note of a disturbing trend, that the kidnapped Heros all have abilities relating to capturing or nullifying enemies. Other than that one trend, no one knows anything about the enemy beyond the basic "whos" and "whats". Where they operate and why they operate is beyond anyone's comprehension.

Plans for dormatories are discussed with student heros being viewed as "potential targets". The subject is being debated by the faculty/staff at the moment and nothing has been decided yet.

Where we are at now.

The class gathers outside at one of the athletic fields. It is Wednesday morning. The sky is bright and jovial, birds chirp in stereotypical fashion. The early fall air is balmy, warm but not uncomfortably so, and the wind ruffles through the hair of the students gathered, waiting for their teacher.

The students, as instructed by big red, are wearing their hero outfits.

GM Notes

I will post a follow up tonight to kick start things. You can make intro/interaction posts off the start of this episode if you'd like. Oni Jiro will show up soon to get us into the nitty gritty. Interactions from the hospital can continue in the secondary thread if you would like.

Jean stretches out her arms a little before putting them behind her head, strolling out to the field with the normal spring to her step and wide grin as she looks around the area. Clad in her hero outfit, shining gold and form fitting as seems to be a trend amoung the designers, several overlapping layers similar to how she had designed it and lacking any visable belts or bulky addorments to give a very streamlined appearance, the one alteration as of recent however appears to be a change to her gloves themselves, with several small bumps running along the palms with socketed balls. She had not been slacking over the break they got, much to the impressions of others, the "Tutors" she recieved at home had only increased further if that was at all possible, her parents not responding to the incident as positively as she had hoped. She extends a hand for a moment though in thought to look at it, she had been trying to get that feeling back from before in experiments...though there was something missing still, something in the sensation she couldnt quite place, maybe it would be easyier with more on the control side with what they had said...or maybe something else. Shaking her head with a sigh, its will come when it comes either way...at least the experimentation and lessons had lead to other ideas at the same time so it wasnt all bad.

Jane on the other hand stands of to the side like usual, perfectly still as she waits with the dark pits of her eyes vacant for the moment of the usual blue fires, covered head to toe in thick blue bandages leaving only her face visible, broken by the signature guantlets, large boots, and pack sas around her waist, the boots the same as her usual ones, leading to wonder if she ever actually takes them off.

Last edited:
Amy came skipping onto the Field, her uniform missbuttoned but otherwise well kept. She looked around at her classmates and felt a bit upset. they all had scars from the fight a week ago, the fight she was not around for. she had drained her energy through class work and a lack of funds for anything sugary and had clapsed the day before the field trip. she was left behind to recover and now her classmates shared scars that she does not have. worried that some of them might dislike her for not being there, she hung back away from the group. other then that she was wandering what the class was going to be today, she hoped it was going to be fun.

Kazuhiko post

Since the highway attack, Kazuhiko had been actively improving. The twelve days spent learning the fundamentals of flow state, a new style. An evolution that would enhance both his offensive, and defensive abilities. I could go into detail about old mentors, lessons about the flow of energy, and clever metaphors using still and rapid water, but you have places to be and things to do so I'll fast forward to the field.

So here we are, Kazu walking with his mates, eyes narrow in the sun, eager to use his quirk, to test out his new ability. Hopefully he wouldn't have to fight anyone though, with flow state an absolute work in progress.... Well it wouldn't work out well at all in a fight.

Waiting for Oni Jiros arrival, Kazuhiko looked around at his fellow students. It had only been a couple months since they had met at the entrance exam, but he felt a level of comradery with them that the emotionally bankrupt boy couldn't verbalize. Being around them again had him feeling good, happy to be back among friends... And rivals, for the first time in nearly two weeks.

Oni Jiro/Plot post

Walking towards his class Oni Jiro means business. It had been twelve days since the last session and skill dulls with such breaks. Young minds train fast but normalize faster after all.

Because of this, he has no time to waste, the class requires a push, one harder than ever, especially if villain attacks were becoming the new norm.

"OK! LISTEN UP, LISTEN GOOD"

He yells, typical of the teacher, coming to a halt before the students of 1-A.

"You proved your mettle on the highway. THAT IS TRUE!"

He continues, pausing.

"But your skills must improve, YOUR FIGHTS WERE SLOPPY!"

He declares, rather inconsiderate, attempting to light a fire under the kids.

"Therefore, we must practice field work with.... COMBAT TRAINING!"

He concludes, words overly excited appealing to the heavens, a passionate fist extended, drawing hesitant nods from the confused group, unsure of what the ranting teacher is trying to communicate.

"Combat training?" asks a student from the back of the mob.

"ONE ON ONE... OR TWO VERSUS TWO, Pick your sparring partners, and your opponents, and get to work! QUIRK USE IS ALLOWED!"

He answers, pointing to the field vaguely.

"WHEN YOU'RE READY, SPREAD YOURSELVES EVENLY UPON THE FIELD OF BATTLE AND BEGIN, NO LETHAL ATTACKS, BUT ALL ELSE GOES!!!"

Before today there hasn't been a single student vs student combat activity. This is a first for the group. Some students are excited with the news, eager to prove their skill. Others, not so much, feeling uncomfortable in such a scenario.

Oni Jiro backs away from the group, standing off to the side like a football coach watching his team take formation. Meanwhile the students begin picking teammates and arranging opponents, or simply arranging opponents if they prefer a one on one matchup.

Last edited:
Jane stares blankly as the blue reignites into her eyes and turns to Oni "If all else goes..." her eyes moving to the rest "Simply state your readiness, 1v1.....1v2....or more" moving her arms back to her side as she takes a slow methodic walk off to the side of the field to await any volunteers. Meanwhile Jean is tapping her lip looking around the other students, her mind running over which would be the most interesting with mock battles playing out within her vivid imagination.

Luka could only wish that the twelve days passed any sooner. Neither student nor teacher would see the boy again until he lazily surfed himself to the front gates of the prestigious school. The student was adorned with a bored and disengaged look, his eyes seemingly dull from his usual silvery blue. A new bandage decorated across his left cheek before he finally made it to the field where everyone else in the class was.

However, the Golden boy was surprisingly not paying attention. His eyes drifted off, memories and vivid flashbacks of the last few days reverbrating through his mind until he saw the class shift with excitement. They were starting to team up for the pairings, but Luka stayed at the bleachers. His motivation wasn't really there, and he assumed that he would just get sent into a 1v2 if it was a worst case scenario. He laid his head down in his hands, his eyes still locked to the spaceful outside.

Last edited:

Reiko Kimura

"Smile at the obstacle, for it is a bridge."

Mood: Subdued Excitement

With: Class 1-A

Tags: N/A

Other: N/A

Reiko wasn't quite sure what had happened. So many things were going on at this point. People were fighting, something about... birds, and the overwhelming consequences of Aizawa's kidnapping seemed to be getting to her and most of the class. She decided to stay quiet; after all, Benjiro seemed to be ignoring her, in favor of being yelled at by Kazuhiko, Elizabeth, and Jane. That was all well and good with Reiko - she'd just take this time to try and relax... and get rid of her throbbing headache.

The next few weeks are solemn and grim. Pro-Heroes are missing, civilians are dead, villains are on the loose, and classes have been cancelled for the meanwhile. Reiko spent most of her break trying to increase her time limit with her quirk... although, she needed quite a bit of help from her father. Holding on for as long as possible quickly became the norm, and she only managed to faint twice. That was good in her book.

---

Wednesday morning follows much like the past fortnight has gone: quiet and reserved. Much of her family is in the hero business, and they were just as off-put by the attack and its subsequent issues as she was. Breakfast was subdued, and Reiko finished in record time, with no one to talk to. After a quick goodbye to her parents, she leaves her home to travel to UA.

As soon as she reaches the field, she can tell that their teacher means business. Yes, Oni Jiro is typically a loud man, but not like this. Reiko listens as he assigns their next assignment as a class: combat training in either pairs or as singles.

Glancing around, Reiko takes in the classmates gathered on the grass. Luka seemed to be bored, Jane looked as dead as usual, Kazuhiko, Amy, and Jean were all standing off to the side. She would be content with anything or anyone at this point.

codedbycrucialstar

Having classes canceled as a bit of a blessing in disguise for Rosen Kline, for one, after the unfortunate face-off against real villains, his weakness was even more clear. He knew he needed to work on a lot still and he had thought he was working his ass off. Now he knew it wasn't enough. He was doing a lot of physical training under Oni Jiro, but his use of his quirk wasn't improving, he still got tired out too quickly. Being stronger physically could help him out with being able to take breaks with his quirk, but he'll never be able to win against a villain with that. Over there two week break Rosen worked his part time job to earn what money he could to make sure he could afford the prestigious school, pushing carts at the grocery store and stocking shelves all while training his quirk to make his energy last longer. Focusing on keeping his emotions under control and making his power last as long as possible.

Much like when Goku and Gohan mastered staying in a super saiyan transformation at all times, Rosen had attempted to stay powered up all day every day, sleep being his only break from the experience. He fainted a couple times at work when he got too worked up, but other than that, he felt like he was improving a bit, with his quirk active as well he often finished his quirk quickly and was able to move on to other tasks, making his managers happy at least.

The day school started again, Rosen found himself waking up late, frightened of the repercussions from Oni as he hurriedly got ready and charged out the door Sprinting right toward the front gates, flashing his school idea as quickly as he ran to the security guard as he yelled, "HEY! SLOW DOWN!" Only for the voice to be ignored. Rosen was far more scared of Oni than he was of a security guard. Run down the hall he had spotted Oni heading down the hall to class, eyes wide, he powered up his quirk quickly and sprinted in the room, sliding underneath desks toward his and taking a seat just as the red man entered. Rosen powering down and offering a wave like, 'ye, I made it'.

And now here he was, walking out in his hero suit, streamline suit, leather jacket, gloves and combat boots. Adjusting his helmet slightly to make sure it was securely on. It was so nice not needing to wear glasses and be able to see, he was glad he add this helmet to the design. Looking around at his options for partners once Oni moved off to the side, he let out a sigh and moved over to Luka, tapping his shoulder, "Hey... thanks for saving me back then..." He said, assuming the boy would know what he was talking about, he offered a hand to him, "Figure I should offer my assistance here and carry you to victory." He offered with a playfully mocking grin.
National National

-------------

Akuma's vacation was just as rough as being in Oni's class really. It being obvious to him now, since he was completely unable to help much with fighting the villains because he was a weak coward. He helped rescue people, but he should have helped his classmates some. The entire two weeks, when he wasn't helping his mother at the bar he was going on regular runs and working on his push up gains. When he got to class the progress happening on the scrawny kid was obvious, though he was no where as strong as the teacher who looked similar to him. Maybe Oni would notice the work he put in though? That would probably make him proud. He'd still be in the back of the line with Benjiro during runs, but his muscle was improving some.

His hero suit consisted of a simple tank-top/armor piece too protect his chest and stomach, despite his quirk it was probably a good idea to put some extra precautions there. Wearing some simple baggy pants that would allow free movement and combat boots that would work well in the field and also gave him a decent height boost. Standing out on the field with a worried expression, he was so screwed, he was no fighter. He couldn't make it in a 1v2 fight let alone he would probably barely survive 2v2. Looking around he needed to find someone powerful to team up with, someone that could carry him to a decent victory that won't lead to Oni yelling at them for a shitty performance. He heard the offer from Jane and considered that option.

Looking scared and worried as he bit his lip and contemplated his options, he was so useless and Jane kind of scared him, she probably try and kill him if he dragged her down at all. Maybe he can try to team up with Akiyama, she did give him chocolate back at the hospital, so if anything can come from this assignment is spending time with a pretty girl who gave him a treat. Who knows this could be the start of a beautiful relationship. His thoughts became detracted as he thought about all the hand-holding and cuddling and kissing that would come of that relationship.

Her boots were strapped, her segmented, bowl-shaped helmet was fit snugly over her head, she'd finished her warm-up exercises, and now, all Akiyama could do, as she waited for class to start, was practice her bobbing and weaving, and warming up her jabs with an almost uncharacteristic amount of excitement.
It was her first time trying out her official hero costume, and soon, her first combat training exercise.

She did make some last-minute adjustments to her uniform over the break; she'd requested that a series of detachable weights be put inside of the thick shield-like bracers that protected her forearms, with an identical set being placed on the sides of her boots.
If what that manga said was true, then training with these on should give me better results, she thought to herself as she threw a series of jabs at the shadow of an invisible opponent, still trying to develop a feel for the extra weight attached to her arms and legs.
She was almost smirking at her own ingenuity; she'd catch up to her sister in no time at all!
Akiyama had made another adjustment to her costume; namely the metallic sheaths that covered the ends of her claws. Like her gloves and boots, they were weighted, forcing her to exert far much more force in order to swing them.
Her encounter with a real, live villain still fresh in her mind, along with the feeling of her claw lodging itself snugly inside of his ribs, she'd also requested that the tips of the coverings be rounded down to a blunt edge; it was a good punch and all, but doing that to another student during a training exercise
The staff in charge of designing hero costumes agreed.

It wasn't the new costume, or even the prospect of training that had her in such high spirits, however.
It was the fact that after three years, she'd finally got the chance to talk to her sister again.
After the announcement of the school shutdown, as she was waiting in line at the train station, she'd spotted her among the crowd, just as tall, powerful, and confident-looking as she'd remembered, surrounded by a group of equally incredible friends.
It was exactly what she imagined a group of 3rd year elite UA students would look like; completely awe-striking.
She called out to her, until eventually one of Inoue's friends noticed, and pointed her out from the crowd.
The two sisters' eyes met.
Akiyama gave a small wave in her direction.
Inoue responded with a small wave of her own, along with a strange-looking grin, and then returned to her conversation.
The train soon reached it's destination, and Akiyama returned home, alone.
Evidently, Inoue had chosen to sleep over with her friends.

It was a nice, small moment that warmed Akiyama's heart, and made her all the more excited for her training.
She could just imagine herself being a part of that group, telling her sister all about the great things that she'd accomplished, showing her how strong she'd gotten.
She was so entranced in her daydreaming, that she hadn't noticed that one of the practice jabs that she'd fired out was now sailing dangerously close towards Kazuhiko's head.

Jet Jet

"She should probably be careful where she swings" thinks Kazuhiko as Akiyama fires away, shadowboxing with an imaginary opponent, secondary limbs striking away, continuing for a time until...

"For real! What the!" the boy continues in thought, eyes widening, ducking away from her claw, this one swinging dangerously close to Kazus head.

"Hey! Hey relax!" says Kazuhiko, voice raised with surprise, rebounding from his hunched position, relelived to dodge the blindside swipe, one that would've hit fully without time to prepare.

Standing in awkward silence for a few moments, still in need of a partner, a light bulb goes off above the boys head. Her intents were like Kazuhikos, he could tell that by the weights on her suit. She would be using the sparring session to train, just like Kaz with his new technique. A matchup between the two would logical and productive because of this.

To elaborate, unlike other students who would be going for the jugular, looking to prove their worth in combat, Kazuhiko and Akiyama would be using the session to improve, and this made her a good choice for a sparring partner.

"Aki, any chance you'd like to spar with me? I think it would be good training." he asks, hoping that she would agree, preferring a practice session with her over a fistfight to the death with students like Jane or Rosen.

@King_Crimson

Last edited:
The twelve days couldn't have passed slower for Elizabeth. She didn't really have much to do besides recover from her bruising, and make sure that her ears didn't receive any damage. They'd been healed, but they were still pretty fragile at the moment. When the school finally opened again she had taken to wearing ear plugs at Recovery Girl's request--just for a few more days, at least. Elizabeth didn't like wearing them. She could hear as well as the average person, pretty much, but...her hearing wasn't the average person's. She felt deaf and was constantly checking to see if someone was behind her.

So the whole ordeal had made her a little extra jumpy. Sue her.

When Oni Jiro told them that they were practicing combat, she got excited. She'd already pushed her quirk fighting Scatterbrain and she was excited to try it again without getting distracted by, well, the fear of death.

"Yo, Sharp, wanna spar with me?"

Elizabeth frowned and looked away from Ben. "...Why do you want to spar with me, Ryuga?"

"I can turn into a dragon, you've got wolf powers--it'll be a whole animal quirk matchup!"

Elizabeth furrowed her brow. She tolerated Ryuga but she wasn't going to jump at the chance to fight him.

"Sorry Ryuga, I think I'll pass," she answered. "Why don't you spar with your 'bro?'"

"Who, Akuma?" He glanced at him. "...naw, it looks like he's eyeing Akiyama. Wouldn't want to ruin it if he makes a mood. No problem dude," he gave Elizabeth a thumbs up, "I can find someone else! Have fun."

She gave Ben a moderately friendly wave off, and she looked around. Elizabeth saw Jean and, seeing as she didn't look like she had a partner yet, thought she would be a good pick. She'd held her own pretty damn well during the villain attack, and she wanted the challenge to push herself. Elizabeth walked up to her.

"...Jean, hello," Elizabeth said. She bowed slightly. "I know we haven't talked much, but if you want, I'd love to spar."

Meanwhile, Ben turned in a circle, looking for someone to spar. He spied Amy Leii.

It would be good not to spar with someone that had experience fighting villains, actually. Mostly because his ass would get royally kicked. Maybe it was a good think Elizabeth turned him down. Benjiro took a deep breath to try and add a few inches of bulk to his skinny chest and walked up to Amy.

"Hey," he said, "if you need a partner, I'll totally take ya' on if you want!" He flexed his arm for emphasis.

(Ben: interacting with Amyleii Amyleii

Elizabeth: Interacting with PlusUltra PlusUltra )

Leaning over as she is broken from her thought process to look over to Elizabeth, her grin wideing as gives a chuckle "Hey sure im up for that!...Wont be my first time getting clawed and bit, at least your not poisonous" Jane craning her head over from her waiting spot "Venemous, Poison is secreted, Venom is injected" Jean deadpanning for a second "Thank you...though i know which id rather listen too" waving off the dead girl before turning back to Elizabeth "But yeah....as long as you got all your shots im good to go" throwing a thumbs up as she starts walking sideways across to a open area "Any specifics you want to call before we start? Ground rules etc?"

Marzopup Marzopup

Setting: Hospital
Shin woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare of the battle. He remembered the feeling of the blade sliding into him, almost in slow motion from the intense adrenaline fueled clarity. As he was about to break down in tears, he spotted a little chocolate on the bedside table. Slowly picking it up, tears begin to run down his face as he pops it into his mouth with a small genuine smile.
The next two weeks are spent practicing, repeating highly modified martial arts katas while being shot at by tennis ball launchers at random intervals. Shinya, his adoptive father, had been trying to teach him how to reach a state of mushin no shin or mind without mind.
Achieved when a person's mind is free from thoughts of anger, fear, or ego. An absence of discursive thought and judgment, so the person is totally free to act and react towards an opponent without hesitation and without disturbance from such thoughts. At this point, a person relies not on what they think should be the next move, but what is their trained natural reaction (or instinct) or what is felt intuitively.

Setting: Practice Field
Shin readied himself as he walked out into the field. He was ready to work hard at learning the qualities and skills necessary to be a true hero, a Pro Hero.
The class gathered for Oni to speak, most listening intently to his speech. Before sending the class off to battle he waved over at shin. “We have a new foreign exchange student here on official recommendation, though you may have seen him during the attack.” He patted Shin's shoulder with a firm THUMP “I expect EACH of you to show him our UA SPIRIT while he’s here!” He finished, slapping the boy’s back, almost felt from the first row of students.
Wincing from the impacts, Shin coughed a bit before beginning his introduction. “Hello, I’m Shin Kamihara, or Kamihara Shin by Japanese naming conventions. My quirk is Mesh Body, which lets me turn my skin into portals and stretch like this.” He stretched his hand into a flat rectangular panel, the black lines on his body outlining dozens of even squares, before continuing ”I’m transferring over from Magna High in the US and look forwards to training with you.”
Shin finished, bowing at the hips with an inhumanly exact 90 degree angle. Underneath the white segmented UA student uniform, his body was composed of hundreds if not thousands of small non-reflective interconnected white panels that visually changed shape as he talked, growing and shrinking to accommodate his expressions.
'An introduction with CONFIDENCE!' Thought Oni, clenching his fist with PASSION!
He wandered for a bit, until he bumped into a another boy around his height if he wasn't slightly leaning forwards. Shin was about to challenge the boy, until he remembered his earlier battle. He'd tried to take on a villain on his own and failed horribly. When informed of this his father had asked him to think over the reasons behind his failure. Upon stating that he needed more combat experience, his father whacked him with a bokken and told him that while that was certainly true, his biggest mistake was not working together with the those around him. His father stated that even as one of the top Pro Heroes in Japan, he chose to work in a team for this very reason. Changing his mind he waved and asked "Hello I'm Shin Kamihara, do you want to form a team with me?" After a brief exchange of quirk information they looked around for opponents to fight. Seeing another group of two forming nearby, Shin questioned Claire about their quirks and they quickly decided on a plan of action, approaching them.

Astralworks Astralworks National National Kaleb Baelztorm Kaleb Baelztorm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back