• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia : Past Mistakes Resurfaced

"No doubt here to just see what I do wrong." He grummbled glaring up at his father. The giant of a man sitting in a VIP section was dressed in his hero outfit, his hair and mustache on fire. He sat crossed armed looking down at Shoto.

"Well I mean I have to be optimistic! It's the only thing I have to make up for the lack of training!" Toga said. Of course she had only gotten out of the hospital a couple weeks ago, missing almost 3 weeks of school on total. But she hadn't fallen behind on school work, thanks to her friends. But really what could she have done to get more ready? It wasn't like her quirk gave her some special edge.

He had the feeling that he was also being judged by the fiery hero."Like you're ever capable of that." He muttered, elbowing him. "Come on. I bet you'll blow these guys away. Literally if you try hard enough."

Uraraka laughed a but. "Well, I bet we'll do great! Besides, we're just trying to show off for the interns, right? To show them what we got so they'll take us in and get us one step closer to becoming heroes." And after what happened at the USJ, I think we'll be needing it. The other classes began to pour out onto the field, staying in their own separate group, yet it was obvious they were eyeing Class 1-A. Probably because they heard what happened to them and might be thinking that they were going to be the ones with all the special attention.

Shoto gave a scoff at his friend but nodded his head knowing it was right. "If he wants a show I'll give him one." He said in another mutter but did glance at his friend. He did know something that Bakugo didn't though, "You better make it to second place if you know what's good for you." He said but left it at that as the cameras started to roll.

"Yeah not a lot of pressure here." Toga said with a smile. Though out of everyone in 1A Toga was at the largest disadvantage, which was true in most activities they did. Not only was she behind in training, but her quirk didn't really give her a edge since it just changed her appearance. But that's when she used it! She hardly ever used the quirk and she wasn't who in her class knew she even had a quirk. Even today she didn't have her utility belt of bottles wasn't with her. She had the gloves with needles since she could use them as weapons... But she had no plans to use her quirk.

Bakugou went to say something but, silenced himself once he realized the cameras were rolling.

Midnight climbed onto the stage and welcomed everyone to the annual Sports Festival. The crowd began to cheer loudly as cameras were flashing, trying to get the faces of the participating students. Uraraka tensed up a bit, swallowing any fear she might have had. It was like any other sports fair but, more serious towards her career.

The first event was a race through a obstacle course. Shoto felt good about, how bad could a race be. And if something did come up he could use his quirk. Plus he knew Bakugo had his back and he had Bakugos. Again he really wanted his friend to make it in second place.

"A race?" Toga asked as she watched the large door open up and at her contestants. She then looked over at Shoto and got a idea and grabbed them, "Let's get on Shotos fire side. Knowing him he's going to want to think the herd out." She said dragging them along. Of course she hadn't been training, but that didn't mean her Strageity and planning had fallen behind.

"Don't get too upset if I take first place." He joked. This was going to be a piece of cake for him..... Maybe.

When Toga grabbed them, Uraraka was a bit startled. "What's that supposed to mean?" She asked. Jiro walked alongside her friend. "You got an idea to get Todoroki to use his fire side? How?!"

"Yeah good luck with that." He said as he got to the opposite side of Bakugo, making sure the boy was on his fire half.

"No." Toga said, and seeing Shoto moved to the opposite side to Bakugo confirmed her suspicions, "He's going to use his ice half. When the race starts make sure you're far away from his ice half!" She told them almost certian she was right.

"I don't need luck. I got you and my quirk." He smirked, getting ready.

The two girls nodded in understatement. "Right!" Once the bell went off, everyone charged towards the tunnel that would lead them out. Only problem was that they were getting a bit stuck, due to how small the tunnel actually was.

Shoto gave another scoff at his friend. He was going to need that attitude to get through the day so he didn't mention it to his friend. But as soon as the buzzard rang Shotos eyes shot open and his white hair flew up in the air and turned and thrusted his foot and fiat forward.

Toga, as soon as the buzzard rang, saw Shoto spin and lunged to the side as ice appeared beside her. And not just a little ice, but a glacier appearing in the arena freezing most of the competition. She glanced over and looked at all the frozen teens and back at Shoto, who went her gave as he breathed heavily. He looked a bit surprised that she wasn't in the blast, but also pleased. "Let's go!" She told her friend.

Tysu hopped beside Shoto, she also having missed the attack,"Whoa 'ribbit'! That was a powerful attack Shoto!" The girl said. But Shoto just looked at her and said, "Go..." He said needing a minute to recover from a attack like that... But he was going to catch up soon.

Bakugou jumped from the attack, using his explosive quirk to rocket himself over everyone else. A small smile was on his face. Seems like his friend had a few tricks up his sleeves. Good. He was a bit worried that this was going to be a boring match. But, with him going all out, now was the best time to get even. Show off what he could do.

Uraraka stood there, shocked until Toga shattered that. With a nod, she followed her friend and tried not to slip on the ice.

See about half of the competition already taken Shoto started along his way to win the race. Though he was a bit behind, he just his ice quirk to make a path and his fire half to propel himself forward like he was skating. So he was catching up with everyone else in a matter of minutes.

Toga was running as fast as she could. Thankfully she wasn't in last place, but as she huffed and puffed she felt the weeks of missing out on training starting to take effect already. But she had no plans on giving up already.

The boy gave a grin as he chased after him. If Todoroki thought he was going to get away with this, he's dead wrong. Once again, he used his explosions to propel him forward and landed a foot behind him.

"You doing alright?" Uraraka asked. She managed to become neck and neck to her friend, but was a bit concerned for her. Considering she might be pushing herself a bit too hard.

Shoto looked at his friend, cracking a grin, but didn't give a actual smile since his dad was looking. Since the attack on the environment practice zone he had practice using his quirk when being boosted by One for All. Though it wasn't a lot since the power really threw his quirk into insane levels of power. But he was somewhat getting a idea on how to use it. He could use his quirk at a further range. His fire half it could make fire ball burst as far as he could see, and then his ice half could be activated at the same range. Though he couldn't make huge glaciers as he thought he might, but he could make ice pillars that he could twist and control. Normally when he made ice it could only go in one direction. But with his power up he could control the way they bended.

So with this he decided to give his friend some trouble. He jumped in the air and threw a pinch, making a explosion happen in front of his friend. Not so close where it happen hurt the teen bit enough that the blast would send him back

He saw what happened and did his best to dodge it. But, he ended up slamming right into it, allowing the others to pass him with ease. H
A groan escaped his lips as he tried to get back up.

"Oooh! That looked like it hurt!" Present Mic announced. "Good thing that glacier is aot softer than most!"

Shoto grinned as he slid past his friend and continued to the finished line. It was a bit satisfying to get the lead again. But he knew Bakugo would be back soon.

"I... I... I'm fine!" Toga assured with a smile, as they passed Bakugo, "Just gotta keep going!" She said as she wiped a think line of sweat from her forehead. "How... How about... Y-you?" She asked her friend with a smirk.

The boy managed to get down, holding his head. A growl escaped his lips when he saw everyone pass him. Just great.

"Y-yep!" She said, trying hard not to laugh. "I'm doing just fine!"

Shoto was in the lead now as he Frozoned his way to the finish line, no where near it yet. But had a very commanding lead, flying past the pillars everyone was suppose to carefully walk across on tightropes.

Toga smiled and nodded her head, "Good! If I can't get in the top three then you have to!" She told her friend as they got to the tight rope part, Shotos ice path already melted, she immediately started to walk on the rope... Well walk was wrong as she continued to run on it! Apparently the years of gymnastics was starting to pay off. Though Toga knew this part was probably killing her mom to watch. Her little girl running across a rope with a 40 foot drop below her.

A lot of students were impressed by this act. Even Uraraka. But, they knew they wouldn't be able to do the same. Though, a few tried, using their quirks for support.

Bakugou managed to catch up. Seeing the others delaying gave him a perfect opportunity to catch up to Todoroki. Readying himself, he created a huge explosion and jumped from pillar to pillar.

Toga didn't really think much about it as she ran across the ropes and quickly making it to the other side. A few people had some quirks to help them get from pillar to pillar. But no one besides Bakugo, Shoto, and Uraraka had quirks to help them get completely across the cavern.

Shoto looked back and gave a smirk seeing how quick Bakugo was catching up on o him.

He smirked when he finally managed to catch up. "Nice work on the ice pillar. But, it's going to take more than that to get me to stop!" He said, rushing past him. "Try to keep up or you'll be left behind!" Of course, he didn't mean it to be rude but, to see what his friend would do next. It was honestly interesting to see what he could come up with. But, he also had to be careful.

Uraraka managed to get across without a hitch. Well, except for a slight stomach ache. But, it wasn't bad enough for her to slow down. Just might need to rest a bit after all of this was over.

Shoto didn't say anything as he held his other hand out causing a flame burst behind him, making him start skating faster and start to close the distance between his friend. The next area looked like a plain feild, though there were mines underneath the field that no one could see.

Toga managed to get across the final tightrope as Uraraka landed down, "Hey nice job!" She praised her friend, "Wish I had your quirk at the moment."

He smiled and pushed himself even harder. But, when he came to the field, he slowed down a bit. Something felt off with this to the point it was almost unsettling.

"Thanks! You looked really cool running across those tightropes." She said, smiling.

Shoto, seeing Bakugo slow down, also slowed down and stopped by his friend. "Whats up?" He asked his friend as he looked at the plain. It was a bit unsettling to have a plain with nothing on it. This was a tornament... so shouldnt there be somehting there to try and stop them?

"Thanks, it was bit nerve racking." She admitted with a giggle, "I'm sure moms going to let me hear it later. But at least I made it across." She said as they started to catch up to Bakugo and Shot

The brunette noticed they were slowing down up ahead. What was going on? Was there something wrong?

"I just get the feeling that they tampered with this." He said, picking up a stray rock. Tossing it into the field, it landed somewhere and a pink explosion filled the air. "Yep, they tampered with this alright. A minefield of all things." The boy grumbled.

"Whoa!" Toga yelped at that. There was no way she was getting across that without losing a leg... She was going to have to come up with a plan

"Hm. Pathetic attempt." Shoto said with a eye roll as he held his hand up and started to skate over the ice. Toga looked at the ice path and her eyes widened. Whipping her hands to the side he large needles came out and she began crawling across the ice as fast as she could. Which she had to do as the ice was melting behind her and she almost didn't make it with every inch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back