• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia: Origins

M
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

A My Hero Academia set in a AU and before a time when heroes were widely popular.

Blackvelvet

HELIOS
Jasmine Reid
"And in other news today Japan is to be the first country to open a hero school after the major success of its pro hero program" A ladies voice buzzed from a TV. "Japan was the first country to start it's own pro hero program back in 2068 and since then many countries have adopted a similar policy, including us here in the USA with our very recent trial role out of the pro hero program. They say the school will take several years to build and its to insure that those who wish to become heroes in the future both have good training and have the heart to be a hero in this world where having a superpower isn't such a rare thing, Back to you Tom" The lady finished. At the same time an Alarm began to blare out in the same room as the TV and a very messy pile of sheets on top of a bed began to shift with a very audible groan. A hand emerged from the sheets and slammed against the top of the clock next to the bed. "UGHHHHH, I'm up... I'm up" A female voice repeated as a mess of red hair emerged from the pile of blankets...

Jasmine brushed her wet and matted hair to the side, struggling with the brush for a moment whenever she came to a knot. Today would be her first day acting as a pro hero for the city of New York. She felt the weight of the expectations on her shoulders the day funding was given to her in order to upgrade whatever equipment she needed, which for her was essentially just finding and purchasing a suit that wouldn't burn. She knew now that this was no longer the same as the vigilante work she was doing, this would be her job 7 days a week, and she would get payed for it. While she knew that this was what she wanted to do she was also under a lot of stress, because now she would be held accountable for when she screwed up or when she wasn't there to stop a crime, unlike before when she wasn't recognized as a hero by name. As she thought about this her hair quickly combusted into flames before going out, effectively drying it.

Stepping outside she wore a skin tight suit, it was a fairly padded and a thick material, so it showed off her figure but not all that well. Her boots, which were made out of the same material kind of resembled combat boots. It was a material that was originally tested for use with fire fighters, being a fire resistant material, however it was found that even though the material didn't burn, fire and heat would more or less pass through it, which made it useless to fire fighters but perfect for a fire fighter (get it?). Jasmine did nothing to actually cover her face, she didn't really like the whole idea of super heroes in costume to begin with, she only wore the suit because if she didn't she would end up half naked every time she used her powers, burning through her clothing and such. Either way Jasmine was ready for her first day as a pro hero when she heard the clichéd cry of "HELP!!! That guy stole my purse!"
code by @Nano

"Oh shit, oh fuck! What the fuck was that?" Things were smooth for so long, so how did it go south so quickly!? Eight years, this plan was going off without a hitch. Now, day one of this stupid fucking hero program and Vinny get blasted and now I'm next!

Running down the maze of alleyways to get away from the predator he found himself at a dead-end, and the hero was already there! A long black cloak struck with red lighting, and two long blades alight with a thick plasma that whipped outwards from the seams of the blade's flat. Faceless, he wore a mask that stared deep into him.

"Goddamnit, I don't know who the fuck you're supposed to be but I'm not having this shit! They couldn't catch me before and that ain't fuckin' changing!" Winding up, he sent his fist all the way down the alley, his arm stretching to well over thirty feet long. With that much momentum, he's sure to go out in one punch!

"Zachary Blightwood," The hero called, his voice a fractured and dissonant one. As if two people were fighting for the microphone. He snatched Zach's fist right out of the air. Hey! Where'd his swords go!? "Quirk: Rubberize. I can't do much as far as my lightning goes--" The mysterious hero tugged on Zach's arm, spooling it up in his arms and dragging Zach to him. "--but that doesn't mean I can't hit you where it hurts!"

In a flash of red light, Zach found his adversary overhead; his body arched and poised for a devastating overhead kick. Oh, goddamnit.

-

"Thanks for your help, man. I just couldn't catch up to him," Zachary was in cuffs; sitting in a police cruiser. The police officer in question had arrived not long after Zachary had been incapacitated. "The name is Xander Black! You must be one of those new professional heroes they're rolling out on the streets. What do I call you!?" Xander seemed rather excited about this hero business, a sentiment that this hero could relate to.

Reaching up to his hood, he pulled it back. His throat guard pulled away from his neck and split back, revealing a strange, brass pinhole in his neck. His mask cut open into pie slices, peeling back and down his head until it was around his neck. Fixing his coiff a bit, he smiled at the officer.

"The name's Nikkolaüs, but on the streets the call me Tesla." His voice was normal, but there was a feint whistle coming from the pinhole as he spoke.

"Hey, woah. Is it okay for you to just reveal your face like that?" Xander frantically asked, concern present in his remark.

"This isn't a comic book, lad. My identity isn't a well-kept secret. The mask is just for fear factor," Nikkolaüs chuckled at his reaction. "Of course, if it was a comic book. I'd have this super cool cop buddy who knows my secret," He held his fist out for a fist bump. "I need you to do your job as much as you need me to, so let's help each other out, yeah?"

"Yeah." Xander's smile grew wider as he met Nikkolaüs' fist with his own.

As he pulled away from the fist bump, Tesla's mask returned.

"Alright," His voice grew dissonant once more. "You take care of this fucko, I'll be around if you need me; just give me a call," He pointed to Xander's radio. "Later."

In a flash Tesla was off, up the fire escape down the alleyway they'd just pulled Zach out of. As he passed over buildings and hopped rooftops, Nikkolaüs heard the earpiece in his mask pipe up.

"Dispatch, this is Black. Coming back from that 10-10, over."

Today was day one of the American Professional Hero Commission, and Tesla was tasked with taking to the streets of Hell's Kitchen. Other than being told where to go, not all that much changed for Nikkolaüs going into the APHC. The best part though is that he could quit his job at that garbage electric company. Arc Energy Solutions? That's the worst name far a electric company he'd ever heard. It's like naming a firefighting hero--I don't know--Backdraft or something.

"Attention all units, we have a 10-30 at 42nd and 9th. All available units, please respond."

Is--is that in Hell's Kitchen?
Nikkolaüs hadn't been in the city all that long, only a couple of weeks. He was offered a relocation package so he could participate in the program. Good friends in high places and whatnot. Guess I'll find out. Hell's Kitchen or not, Tesla's about to get cookin'.

Sjur "Balmung" Larsen
Leaving behind the tiny apartment he had been placed in when he first arrived in New York Sjur adjusted the mask covering the upper half of his face and fiddled with the slender sword at his side for the dozenth time since he had finished suiting up in an outfit that wouldn't have looked out of place in a 17th century duel. Out on the street he rolled his shoulders and fixed a confident smirk in place hiding his concern that he'd look like a lost renaissance fair attendee. "Time to put on a show."

Wandering the streets in the general direction of what he'd heard to be a rougher part of town he didn't acknowledge the staring passers-by as his gaze swept the area until he spotted a man in a business suit who seemed to be in at least some distress standing by a parked car, popping up behind him Sjur cleared his throat. "What seems to be the trouble citizen?" He said in a fake deep voice, getting a blank look of utter confusion in return he sniggered to himself and tried again in normal tone. "Sorry I had to try it at least once. I'm one of those shiny new pro-heroes, need a hand with something?"

Still looking sceptical the 'troubled citizen' gestured to the door of the car. "Well I uh just locked my keys in there by accident and I have a meeting to get to, shouldn't you be fighting actual crime though?"

With a grin Sjur stepped up to the door. "Can't ignore someone in peril can I? Besides luckily for you locks are my speciality." Smoothly drawing his sword a faint sheen surrounded surrounded the edges of the blade as he made a short cut along the edge of the door through the bolt allowing it to quietly swing open, grabbing the keys and passing them to the momentarily dismayed owner he pushed the door shut again and counted to five, giving it a quick demonstrative tug to show it was undamaged he sheathed his sword with a flourish and made an 'after you' gesture. "There you are, you can now be on your way sir."

Accepting the man's guarded thanks Sjur continued making up his patrol route as he went. "One good deed for the day completed, just a city's worth to go." Hearing a voice through an earpiece he wore he stopped to listen to a report of a more significant ongoing incident he took off at a run. First gear upgrade, definitely a suitably heroic motorcycle.

Yoshi would wake up and brush her hair preparing for this whole pro hero business as she'd slip on a white slick body suit as a wreaking ball would go straight through her wall slamming into her brother's bed as he'd grunt in pain from the orb slamming into him, rolling it off as Kichi would get ready himself. "You and I both know this is not gonna go well." Kichi glanced up at her as he put on his slick black body suit. "Good thing these suits are super durable, better then buying new clothes all the time." He'd chuckle as Yoshi would look to him. "Hey, at least you might find some use to your quirk." She'd grab his hand. "Come on then.. Might as well go and check things out." Yoshi and Kichi would walk out into the city as pro heroes.

Adeline.jpg
Adeline Maberry
Mentions: N/A

It was typical for New York to be filled with crime. Day to day crime, just as people had their respective day to day activities. That was how Adeline saw it at least. She couldn't deny the small part of her that felt for the criminals. Yes, she was a brand new hero that had gotten forced into the hero program, but criminals were people too! Sometimes it just didn't feel right to nearly take someone's head off (Accidentally of course) with the sharp end of a rose quartz just because they were hurting for cash. But perhaps she was overthinking this. It wasn't like she had a choice, anyways...

"'Scuse me?" The light, airy voice of the attendant behind the counter spoke up, grabbing Adeline's attention back to the present.

"So sorry love! I suppose I'm just a bit distracted is all. Uh, I'll take these two candles and that'll be it." The attendant nodded as she began to ring them up.

"So I noticed you haven't been buying many crystals lately," she began, but began stumbling for an elaboration when she noticed Adeline's confused reaction, "I-I just mean...um. I was just starting out a few months ago when you began frequenting this shop. You used to buy a bunch of crystals but hardly do so anymore. Guess that's a bit invasive, huh?" The woman chuckled, clearly embarrassed. Adeline laughed and shook her head.

"No, not at all! You see, I'm one of those new heroes that's been running around New York? My whole thing is mineral manipulation! Look!" Grabbing her clear quartz from her bag, she gripped it tight and almost immediately it began shifting forms. It grew and grew until she was wielding not a crystal but a sword. The attendant's eyes grew in fascination.

"Amazing." She whispered under her breath. Adeline gave her a wide smile.

"Thanks love!" The Witch took a fencing stance and began prodding the air with her newly formed weapon.

"But...what does that have to do with you not buying crystals anymore? I mean, wouldn't that just encourage you to buy more?"

"Huh? Oh, yea! Well, actually no," the young woman forced the crystal back into its original shape and placed it neatly back in the bag, "I still buy crystals from time to time, but for my power to actually work super well I prefer to get them straight from the earth! Sometimes crystals that are found in shops are all polished and neat, and I find it easier to shape 'em in their purest form!" Adeline bounced lightly on her feet, her excitement only growing. The two talked for about ten more minutes before she finally paid the attendee (Who's name she now knew as Jillian) and continued about her day. Her next stop was coffee! Well, that was until she happened to pick up on a very suspicious individual about to head into a convenience store. Pursing her lips, Adeline couldn't help but follow in after him, just to be sure. It was her duty after all.

Police
"Hey Smith, you have that report I asked for?" A man dressed in a officers uniform asked while approaching another wearing the same. "Yeah it's here just give me a minute" The officer replied. The 19th precinct, located in the upper east side of Manhattan was busy early in the morning, as were all precincts, but this morning was particularly busy. Since the discovery of quirks crime has gone up 20%, people with quirks thinking they can get away with anything and such, even with the recent introduction of Heroes to the mix the crime rates never seemed to budge. and it only made the jobs of every officer on the force that much harder. When your enemy has super powers guns feel worthless.

Recently the 19th precinct has been getting a ton of complaints come in about people with quirks attacking those without, they seemed to be at random and unconnected but everyone was un edge, they could feel the pressure of a storm that was about to hit and no one could stop. Just yesterday a quirked individual had attacked a store owner and then proceeded to attack other customers spewing nonsense about being one of the chosen, and officer Smith was currently handing the report from said crime to his commanding officer. "Sure have been a lot of these cases lately, quirked individuals attacking quirkless ones, saying that they were chosen, Have we not been able to find a connection between any of them" Officer Smith asked. His commander shook his head, "Unfortunately all of our leads have come to dead en-" KABOOM!!!!!!

The thundering sound of an explosion shook the whole building as officers ran to the windows. Smoke rose from a few blocks away and phones began to ring like crazy with officers near the scene began to report in. "Jesus Christ..." Officer Smith said as he backed up a few steps from the window and began to run towards the elevator. "Wait..." His commander said still watching the smoke rise "Call in the heroes... I think we might need every available hand for this one" he said.

code by @Nano

"Hey Smith, you have that report I asked for?" A man dressed in a officers uniform asked while approaching another wearing the same. "Yeah it's here just give me a minute" The officer replied. The 19th precinct, located in the upper east side of Manhattan was busy early in the morning, as were all precincts, but this morning was particularly busy. Since the discovery of quirks crime has gone up 20%, people with quirks thinking they can get away with anything and such, even with the recent introduction of Heroes to the mix the crime rates never seemed to budge. and it only made the jobs of every officer on the force that much harder. When your enemy has super powers guns feel worthless.

Recently the 19th precinct has been getting a ton of complaints come in about people with quirks attacking those without, they seemed to be at random and unconnected but everyone was un edge, they could feel the pressure of a storm that was about to hit and no one could stop. Just yesterday a quirked individual had attacked a store owner and then proceeded to attack other customers spewing nonsense about being one of the chosen, and officer Smith was currently handing the report from said crime to his commanding officer. "Sure have been a lot of these cases lately, quirked individuals attacking quirkless ones, saying that they were chosen, Have we not been able to find a connection between any of them" Officer Smith asked. His commander shook his head, "Unfortunately all of our leads have come to dead en-" KABOOM!!!!!!

The thundering sound of an explosion shook the whole building as officers ran to the windows. Smoke rose from a few blocks away and phones began to ring like crazy with officers near the scene began to report in. "Jesus Christ..." Officer Smith said as he backed up a few steps from the window and began to run towards the elevator. "Wait..." His commander said still watching the smoke rise "Call in the heroes... I think we might need every available hand for this one" he said.

"Now, you lot sit tight," Tesla clapped his hands back and forth to knock off any faux dust. In front of him, three villains cuffed together. Perhaps villain was too generous. "I'd deliver you myself, but I don't feel like it. I'm sure the police will be here soon."

"What the hell!? Why won't my quirk go off!? Johnny, help me out!"

"I've got nothing, bro. I can't either."

Quirk Suppression Handcuffs, a relatively new invention rolled out beside the Hero Commission that utilizes controlled amounts of ionizing radiation to crack open quirk genes. One minute with these things on snaps your quirk in half for the next twenty-four hours. Of course, that's the most it'll do. If it did any more damage, imagine the PR nightmare. Each hero was sent out with a whole bag of them, and whenever they come back to the station they're redistributed.

"You're not getting out of here, so give it up. Still though, in this modern day I never thought I'd see something as old-fashioned as a bank robbery. You guys really appreciate the classics."

"Fuck you, buddy." The third thug seethed.

"Yeah, yeah. Look lad, I haven't had breakfast yet so I'm on the way out." With those closing words, Tesla took his leave. Opening the door, the glass from their busting in crunching against his heavy boots.

Heavy indeed. To call them boots would be crude. They were too big to be called boots; too big, too thick, too heavy, and too rough, they were more like large hunks of iron. Kicking at the ground a little bit, Tesla propped himself forward in a running stance. He tensed his muscles for the kickback and let it rip. In an explosive red ring of energy, he pushed forward to a strong pace. The pressurized plasma propulsion system was created to fill a deficit in Tesla's mobility, and it works wonders. Unfortunately in the city he can't utilize them to their full potential, running down the streets of Manhattan at eighty miles per hour is just begging for trouble.

Attention: Point of Interest

His HUD flashed up a warning ahead of time, doing a quick scan Tesla found what the system had pinged. Screeching to a halt, brilliant rings of red flame proclaiming his presence, Nikkolaüs pulled his mask back.

"Oh hell yeah," It was a McDonald's. "McGriddle time."

Stepping inside, Nikkolaüs was met with a number of curious glances, then glances turned into stares. I just want breakfast. The whole wait in line was rather uncomfortable; all eyes on him, and it was like anyone and everyone wanted to say something but no one had the gall. Then it was his turn to order.

"Hi, what can I get you?" The cashier had a rather genuine look of excitement. It was only fair, imagine watching your favourite comics come to life.

"How are we, lass?" He offered, it was amusing really. "Could I get two sausage egg and cheese McGriddles, and one of those little hash brown bois?"

"Of course, what's the name on that?" What a coy question. McDonald's doesn't do order names of course, but this one's a smart girl so--

"Tesla." --he'll humor her.

Maybe being a pro won't be so bad.

He was interrupted though, by a cascade of warnings and alarms going off in his ears. His police scanner chattering violently. What the hell is going on out there!?

Last edited:
Heroic brooding really wasn't all it was cut out to be.

She'd given it a shot in a few places already. Of course, the first spot on the list was the illustrious rooftop, she'd even had the luck to find one lined with gargoyles, in the current day and age. Unfortunately, her eyesight wasn't good enough to make out what was going on at that height, and she just didn't have the patience to sit around for hours on end waiting for things to pop off. After that, she'd tried a few other places which were, admittedly, a bit of a reach, and none of them had seen much more in the way of success. In fact, she was pretty sure she ran into more crime when she was just going about her daily life than she did when she was actively looking for it.

The woman sighed, and then took a sip from the long-turned-cold tea that sat in front of her. She supposed that she was the fool for not picking up on the fact the crime goes of its way to avoid crimefighters more often than not.

Lately, she'd taken to just bumming about in public spaces and waiting for some tuff-ruffian or another to commit a crime. She'd dealt with plenty of purse-snatchers, and even a robbery or two, but ever since going 'official' with her gallant heroing, she couldn't help but notice that her productivity had gone down. Ideally, she'd have been able to get away with some snappy line like "The city is quiet, and thus so is mine soul.", but the problem was that the city was not, in fact, quiet.

From what she'd heard from her buddies still in the vigilante business, the criminals both petty and not of the Big Apple were still alive and kicking, she just couldn't figure out why they weren't kicking in her direction. Honestly, it was driving her nuts. She liked to think of herself as one of those lovable 'hero for fun' types, and sitting around just waiting to hero was the exact opposite of fun. It wasn't exactly flattering to say this, but she was bored!

"So fucking bored!" She repeated her thoughts externally and then stood up from her seat with a jolt. Unlike some of her more flamboyant peers, the scruffy-looking young woman wasn't donned in power armour, spandex, or some other outfit that would've been called cosplay only a few decades ago. A cheap suit hung on her frame, the sort picked up from a department store rather than a proper tailor, with the effect of its shoddiness being made even more apparent by how hastily it'd been thrown on. The tie was loose, the jacket unbuttoned, and the shirt had quite clearly never gone anywhere near an iron. All in all, the woman would've looked more like a salaryman who'd been fired from his job than she did a hero, if not for the aberrant features that market her nature.

She stuck her hand into her pocket, and then rummaged around for a moment until she found her phone. As soon as she managed to wriggle it into her fingers, it immediately started to vibrate, which caused her to flinch hard enough that she almost dropped it. She fumbled, the phone tipped out of her fingers, and almost made the drop before she quickly snapped her hands together to secure it, and then breathed a breath of relief.

Phone in hand, she clicked the device on, and her eyebrows immediately peaked when she scanned over the contents of the alert which had so rudely surprised her.

"Huh. Speak of the devil." She mumbled to herself as she gave the message a second read. What was this, some kinda bombing? If she wanted to hide her surprise, it would've been hard. After all the nothing she'd had to do since becoming a hero, something like this was gonna be her first real gig?

Sheesh, she thought, that old proverb about calms and storms was right.

Yoshi and Kichi would hear about the bombing the twins rushing over in their motorcycles Yoshi would glance at the officers, before watching them "Guess you got some sorta bombing issue, right..?" She'd look at them a bit nervous but trying not to show it. Kichi would look around are there any other pro heroes nearby. Kichi would turn back to them keeping a distance. "Are there innocents inside?" Kichi would ask as he uses some rubble to deflect an incoming car. "Geez.. my quirk is definetely active today.." He set down the rubble. Blackvelvet Blackvelvet

Calvin Von Schulze
Hero Name: Phantom Midnight
Calvin costume.jpg

It was another beautiful day in New York city. The sun was shining, there were clear blue skies overhead, and everyone had some place to be. That’s the funny thing about New Yorkers; they’re always in such a hurry. So much so that no one seemed to notice the blood curdling screams of agony coming from the alleyway.

“My leg, oh god you broke my leg. Help! Please help, he's killing me! Anybody! I need a hero!” A young man shouted.

You want a hero? Phantom Midnight at your service,” Calvin responded, before he cracked his cane over the man’s head.

Maliciously, Calvin beat the young man with his cane. Despite the man’s cries for help, no one came to his aid. The relentless assault continued for at least three more minutes. The young man was nearly unrecognizable from a moment ago. Seeing the man covered in blood and cuts placed a smile on Calvin's face.

You American’s are so prone to violence. I take no joy in hurting you, but apparently it's the only language your kind understands,” Calvin said as he removed a handkerchief from this pocket. He slowly approached the mangled man, while cleaning off his cane. “Now I believe you have something that doesn’t belong to you.” Calvin knelt down, and reached into the man’s coat-pocket to retrieve a hand purse.

I’m in a good mood today, so consider yourself grateful. Next time I will take your hands for being a filthy pickpocket.” He said sternly.

The thief tried to speak, but his wounds prevented him from muttering a word. Calvin tossed the blood soaked handkerchief on top of the man and exited the alleyway. Despite being in his hero costume, Calvin seemed to blend into the New York Crowd. He walked down the crowded streets until he heard a large boom from a distance. Just like everyone else, Calvin fell to the the ground from the sudden shockwave.

After regaining his bearings, Calvin immediately began checking on the civilians in the surrounding area. Luckily there didn’t appear to be any injuries. The civilians were shocked and scared, which was to be expected. Since the civilians were safe, Calvin made his way towards the source of the boom.

Adeline.jpg
Adeline Maberry
Mentions: N/A

Oh if only she had gotten the chance to deal with that suspicious individual...

Adeline had only just swerved to cross the road and into the convenient store before it had happened. A loud BOOM drowned the typical New York life out until her ears were ringing. The buildings around the area shuttered as if terrified of whatever that had been. Passerby ducked for cover even where there was none and the young hero was quickly shocked into protection mode. She glanced quickly around to see where the noise had come from, and it soon became clear that things were about to get hectic. A large cloud of smoke billowed around the skyscrapers only a few blocks down.

Bombing was the first word that came to mind. The bystanders had now begun to search out the issue, some even running to the location.

"No, stay back," She shouted to all of those who could hear her, "It's not safe. Unless you're a hero I don't want anyone going over there! Who knows if another might detonate!"

"Are you a hero?"

"What was that?!"

"Do you think it's a bomb?!" The people who had listened began screaming frantically at her as if she could possibly know. Adeline only shook her head, her thoughts of the strange convenient store man completely vanishing. Sirens began wailing from all directions. It seemed every policeman on the force was coming to the aid! She began running and then another thought crossed her mind, if not only for a second.

"I forgot my suit!" Ah well, it certainly couldn't be helped now. She was out of breath by the time she rounded the corner to see smoke now covering the whole street. Turning to the nearest police officer who was already on the scene, she had to shout over the commotion.

"What happened?!" He only shrugged. She huffed back at him in annoyance, subconsciously digging around her satchel for whatever crystal she could grab onto first. What was going on?!

Samson Remit
Samson's Apartment
831383e2aef20b0ab540b9080e8276fc.jpg
*BOOM* "Hu...?" *THUD* "Ungh...!"

This was... Not exactly Samson's morning. Wait... Was it still morning? The young man wearily opened his eyes about a half inch to look over toward his phone... Yep... Not even four hours sleep. The first sound he had heard was the large explosion that rattled the entire complex, while the second was the barely conscious Samson's head slamming against the wall in a knee-jerk reaction, in what felt like almost equal force, at least to him. Half of him tempted him to forget all about it, just doze back off to sleep, a group of hero's are surely already there. The other, much louder, far more obnoxious part of him questioned just what could have caused such a blast, perhaps an amazing quirk? A group of amazing quirks? What kind of hero's would respond? What abilities might they possess!? Anyway, his mobile was already starting to light up with calls about the event.

"Guess it's time to get back out there." He whispered to himself sarcastically, and to his merit, caused himself to chuckle for a brief, depressing, half second. The city that never slept it seemed, a perfect place for an obsessed researcher like himself, and simultaneously the worst place for his mind, body, and health. He had spent the entire night previous in the field, as he liked to call it, observing 'hero's' and 'villains' while intervening when appropriate to give the 'good' side the upper hand.

Samson jumped up with excitement, his sleeping bag following, and soon tearing in the process. "Ah... Not another one." He mumbled in a slightly unimpressed tone. This was not an uncommon occurrence, due to his quirk almost all normal clothes and bedding he slept in soon weakened and deteriorated. Suffice to say it Sam gave up on fancy clothing long ago. However! Things were changing! Somewhat anyway... With the new hero programme Samson was able to afford a high strength, well-fitting outfit, which above all else regenerated its fibers and connections constantly to counter-act the natural outflow of his unstable quirk. It also offered some protection, being well padded, but it was no suite of armor. The thickest part of the costume being the gloves, which always seemed to take the brunt of Samson's weakening effect, especially on the tips of the fingers.

Wasting no time, Sam rushed out of his room, donning a tight hood and mask as part of the outfit, mostly for the cosmetics. With haste, he dashed toward the elevator door, and with the unstoppable force of a TRUE HERO he SLAMMED the elevator button to go down! He then waited patiently, like a true beacon of justice, as the other residents kept clear distance. As the door opened Sam's feet left the ground deftly, as he began to jolt into the elevator, before suddenly stopping himself as he noticed an elderly lady exiting. He gave way, of course, being a hero and all, but after the minute it took her to get out he flew into the cube! Politely distancing himself from the others within as he jammed his gloved finger into the ground floor button... But that's when he noticed it... The buttons already pressed were going... Up!

Eventually the young man exited the building, got atop his bicycle and headed toward the commotion, noticing already the crowds that had begun to gather. Samson stopped and followed in their observation, waiting to see what might come from the clearing.

Last edited:
Stray Cat
She stopped when the man went limp in her grip. Good. She didn't need to punch him any more than that. Caving his skull in would have caused some problems for her, since the whole hero thing came with just as many pesky restrictions as it did its perks. At this rate, her knives might as well be decorative items. She let go of the criminal's collar, and pushed him over, sending him crashing onto the ground. Really, there ought to be some pay for pest extermination like this. There was no challenge in squashing ants, and if she had to participate in such a bore, she might as well get some cash off it. She didn't even need to use her Quirk at all. Not that his Quirk mattered at all, she thought as she kicked at the robber's spiked fists, then glanced at the other three bodies on the ground. Their numbers didn't, either. She slowly turned her attention to the quivering man in a nice suit, hidden between a pair of dumpsters. She sighed, and marched over to him.

"Hey. Get up." She grabbed him by his arm and lifted him up to his feet. He yelped as she did so, and she duly ignored the funny sound he made. "If you don't mind, could you call the police to pick them up? I would myself, but my phone's been dead for days. Cat bit into the wire, and I haven't gotten a replacement. You know how it is. Or maybe you don't, whatever," she dusted the still shaking man down, completely unreceptive of his disposition. "Man, they just keep jacking up the prices for chargers too. What are they gonna do next, package their chargers seperate from the phones? They'll probably claim it's some 'save the earth' rubbish." She flicked a piece of debris off the man's shoulder, then stepped back. "Alright, you look like a thousand dollars. Bet you're not used to feeling that poor, huh?"

An explosion rang out from nearby, sending tremors underneath her feet, and both she and the businessman stumbled, losing their balance from the shockwave. She grabbed the man's arm again, this time to stop him from falling on his ass. That felt really close. An explosion of that power was either the work of a bomb or a Quirk. A smile crept across her face, and she brushed her hair away from her face. It sounded interesting. Maybe this won't be another ant. "Get out of here as soon as you can, yeah? I don't have time to babysit you all the way."

With those words, she sprinted away, towards the source of the explosion. She could see the smoke rising into the sky, like a beacon leading her towards her next soiree.

THE KRAKEN
Octavia Drake
Minutes Before the explosion
Perched on top of a roof top in the upper east side of New York was a young girl. How did she get up there one might ask? Well the answer lies in the suckers covering her 8 limbs, just like and octopus. She had climbed up to the top of the top of the building using her 6 tentacle like arms to stick to the wall. She was giddy, excited for everything that her first day as a pro hero would bring. Donning her new suit, a sleeveless leather suit with one of those masks that have the eyes completely whited out, along with several pieces of hero equipment hanging off of her, most notably what looked like a respirator around her neck, she stood up top the roof with a sense of pride and dignity.

KABOOOOOMMMM!!!! the whole rooftop shook, nearly sending the fresh hero off the side of the building. Her excitement quickly dwindled into panic. It was her first reminder that this line of work was not one to get excited over or take lightly. Her eyes quickly found the building in question and she sprung into action. She ran across rooftops using her quirk to stick to walls so she could quickly travel up a wall if she needed to and her increased muscle strength helped her jump from building to building. She made it there in no time and was quick to assess the situation.

Street Level
"KEHEHE, NOW THAT's WHAT I CALL A MESSAGE" A man shouted as he escaped through the front door of the large office building. A van parked right outside of the building was already started and running. The sign on the building read Jenkins and Kimball LLP, a law firm that gained in steady popularity for the quirkless who were wronged by a person with a quirk. The man grabbed a propane tank from the back door and chucked it towards the entrance. People were running away from the scene and out of the building as he did so. "BANG" the man yelled and another, albeit smaller, explosion occurred, just as the tank rolled near the entrance. The entry way collapsed, and people who were too close died as soon as the explosion went off. The man was laughing hysterically as glass shattered due to heat on the upper floors and the building was going up in smoke. Sirens could be heard in the distance and Octavia arrived on the scene. The man quickly got into the Van But as he did he caught Octavia's gaze and gave her a sinister smile.

Rooftop
"Shit shit shit" Octavia cursed. The van took off but she could tell there were still people trapped inside of the building. Her thoughts were divided for a moment, as a hero she couldn't let the villain get away, but she also couldn't let the people inside die. She had to make a choice, sacrifice the people and prevent further incidents or save the people now and hope that there wouldn't be any more bombings. Her decision was quickly made as she seen a police cruiser turn the corner and pursue the Villains. She pulled up the respirator over her mouth and nose, A tool that was connected to air tanks at her sides and was meant to help her breath underwater, and jumped onto the building, going in through a nearby window hoping to find any survivors. As she did, other heroes began to arrive on the scene as well as law enforcement and fire fighters.

You all have two options here, follow Octavia's lead through the fire and flames and rescue the survivors trapped inside, or you can go after the villains who caused the explosion, who are currently evading cops in a black van, they should be easy to follow as they will be leaving behind a trail of confusion and destruction as they weave through traffic, as well as with police providing updates over their scanners. The fire its self has begun to spread to other buildings and is mainly at ground level but moving up through the building quickly, the main entry way is block so for those of you who can't reach a window you will have to be creative in finding your way in.
code by @Nano

Minutes Before the Explosion
Perched on top of a roof top in the upper east side of New York was a young girl. How did she get up there one might ask? Well the answer lies in the suckers covering her 8 limbs, just like and octopus. She had climbed up to the top of the top of the building using her 6 tentacle like arms to stick to the wall. She was giddy, excited for everything that her first day as a pro hero would bring. Donning her new suit, a sleeveless leather suit with one of those masks that have the eyes completely whited out, along with several pieces of hero equipment hanging off of her, most notably what looked like a respirator around her neck, she stood up top the roof with a sense of pride and dignity.

KABOOOOOMMMM!!!! the whole rooftop shook, nearly sending the fresh hero off the side of the building. Her excitement quickly dwindled into panic. It was her first reminder that this line of work was not one to get excited over or take lightly. Her eyes quickly found the building in question and she sprung into action. She ran across rooftops using her quirk to stick to walls so she could quickly travel up a wall if she needed to and her increased muscle strength helped her jump from building to building. She made it there in no time and was quick to assess the situation.

Street Level
"KEHEHE, NOW THAT's WHAT I CALL A MESSAGE" A man shouted as he escaped through the front door of the large office building. A van parked right outside of the building was already started and running. The sign on the building read Jenkins and Kimball LLP, a law firm that gained in steady popularity for the quirkless who were wronged by a person with a quirk. The man grabbed a propane tank from the back door and chucked it towards the entrance. People were running away from the scene and out of the building as he did so. "BANG" the man yelled and another, albeit smaller, explosion occurred, just as the tank rolled near the entrance. The entry way collapsed, and people who were too close died as soon as the explosion went off. The man was laughing hysterically as glass shattered due to heat on the upper floors and the building was going up in smoke. Sirens could be heard in the distance and Octavia arrived on the scene. The man quickly got into the Van But as he did he caught Octavia's gaze and gave her a sinister smile.

Rooftop
"Shit shit shit" Octavia cursed. The van took off but she could tell there were still people trapped inside of the building. Her thoughts were divided for a moment, as a hero she couldn't let the villain get away, but she also couldn't let the people inside die. She had to make a choice, sacrifice the people and prevent further incidents or save the people now and hope that there wouldn't be any more bombings. Her decision was quickly made as she seen a police cruiser turn the corner and pursue the Villains. She pulled up the respirator over her mouth and nose, A tool that was connected to air tanks at her sides and was meant to help her breath underwater, and jumped onto the building, going in through a nearby window hoping to find any survivors. As she did, other heroes began to arrive on the scene as well as law enforcement and fire fighters.

You all have two options here, follow Octavia's lead through the fire and flames and rescue the survivors trapped inside, or you can go after the villains who caused the explosion, who are currently evading cops in a black van, they should be easy to follow as they will be leaving behind a trail of confusion and destruction as they weave through traffic, as well as with police providing updates over their scanners. The fire its self has begun to spread to other buildings and is mainly at ground level but moving up through the building quickly, the main entry way is block so for those of you who can't reach a window you will have to be creative in finding your way in.

Jenkins and Kimball LLP, an up and coming law firm that's used its quirklessness as an icon to rope the commonplace into their business. Marketing ploy as it is, the fact that they have not publicly represented a quirked individual has been of concern to people with quirks. The inherent fear of quirks has been in the forefront of the social world for some time, and is quickly becoming an issue of civility and ethics. Regardless of how many smiles he's seen today, there are plenty of people that are against the concept of 'superheroes'. Seems that lately that tension has reached a fever pitch: a loud, explosive, bunker busting fever pitch.

There was a bombing on that law firm: East 42nd Street, right across from Grand Central. Looks like the perpetrators are looking to make a quick getaway.
A tricky one too. Tesla knew it was his job to stop them. See, getting from Hell's Kitchen to Eastside Midtown would take too long for him to be of any service on the rescue side; besides, dispatch chatter tells him to trust in emergency response. There are professional rescue teams for this kind of thing, to help people escape the wreckage without the need of a quirk. Whether the same could be said about catching a group of villains, no doubt with powerful quirks of their own: Tesla wasn't sure. They aren't allowed to use their quirks, so I'll use my own 'quirk'. Now it's a matter of when they collide. He suspected very soon.

They've turned onto West 34th Street.

The police communicated over the radio. Tesla saw this coming. Attempting to complicate and delay their capture by fleeing through the Lincoln Tunnel and into New Jersey, where the NYPD and by extension the Hero Commission won't have jurisdiction over their capture. He was already on West 34th of course, he wasn't about to let them escape. Which is why he couldn't help but crack a smile when he saw the sirens in the distance. It's time for a real hero's debut. Black van, right? He couldn't let them cross that bridge; while the police no doubt had some kind of barricade in place, he needed to act under the assumption that the barricade wouldn't hold. There was no way they we're starting this mess if they didn't have an answer for standardized police procedure. The van came into view. The only way to stop them in their tracks is to take the driver out now.

"Let's hope you've got insurance!" Tesla called out, he side-flipped from his forty mile-per-hour run into a dropkick posture, using himself to skewer a vehicle no doubt going as fast as it can; at least eighty.

Shredding through the windshield like papier-mâché, his kick struck the driver squarely in the skull. The force tore the driver's seat free from the frame of the van and was sent hurdling towards the van's back doors. As he passed it, Tesla grabbed the steering wheel; the force of his flight ripping it clean off. When they'd both hit the back doors, they flew open, ejecting them out into the street. Catching himself with a roll, Tesla took to his feet to look out ahead on the road. He hadn't seen how, but the van was on its side at the intersection of 34th and 8th. He'd stopped the van, but whether or not he could deal with the villains themselves now that they're cornered was an entirely separate ordeal. He'll have to do what he can no doubt more heroes are on the way.

"Still," Tesla started, coming back to his feet. "I wish you guys had given me time to eat." The bottom half of his mask opened up like four spider mandibles, and he took a bite out of the McGriddle he'd been holding the whole time.

Jenkins and Kimball LLP, an up and coming law firm that's used its quirklessness as an icon to rope the commonplace into their business. Marketing ploy as it is, the fact that they have not publicly represented a quirked individual has been of concern to people with quirks. The inherent fear of quirks has been in the forefront of the social world for some time, and is quickly becoming an issue of civility and ethics. Regardless of how many smiles he's seen today, there are plenty of people that are against the concept of 'superheroes'. Seems that lately that tension has reached a fever pitch: a loud, explosive, bunker busting fever pitch.

There was a bombing on that law firm: East 42nd Street, right across from Grand Central. Looks like the perpetrators are looking to make a quick getaway. A tricky one too. Tesla knew it was his job to stop them. See, getting from Hell's Kitchen to Eastside Midtown would take to long for him to be of any service on the rescue side; besides, dispatch chatter tells him to trust in emergency response. There are professional rescue teams for this kind of thing, to help people escape the wreckage without the need of a quirk. Whether the same could be said about catching a group of villains, no doubt with powerful quirks of their own: Tesla wasn't sure. They aren't allowed to use their quirks, so I'll use my own 'quirk'. Now it's a matter of when they collide. He suspected very soon.

They've turned onto West 34th Street.

The police communicated over the radio. Tesla saw this coming. Attempting to complicate and delay their capture by fleeing through the Lincoln Tunnel and into New Jersey, where the NYPD and by extension the Hero Commission won't have jurisdiction over their capture. He was already on West 34th of course, he wasn't about to let them escape. Which is why he couldn't help but crack a smile when he saw the sirens in the distance. It's time for a real hero's debut. Black van, right? He couldn't let them cross that bridge; while the police no doubt had some kind of barricade in place, he needed to act under the assumption that the barricade wouldn't hold. There was no way they we're starting this mess if they didn't have an answer for standardized police procedure. The van came into view. The only way to stop them in their tracks is to take the driver out now.

"Let's hope you've got insurance!" Tesla called out, he side-flipped from his forty mile-per-hour run into a dropkick posture, using himself to skewer a vehicle no doubt going as fast as it can; at least eighty.

Shredding through the windshield like papier-mâché, his kick struck the driver squarely in the skull. The force tore the driver's seat free from the frame of the van and was sent hurdling towards the van's back doors. As he passed it, Tesla grabbed the steering wheel; the force of his flight ripping it clean off. When they'd both hit the back doors, they flew open, ejecting them out into the street. Catching himself with a roll, Tesla took to his feet to look out ahead on the road. He hadn't seen how, but the van was on its side at the intersection of 34th and 8th. He'd stopped the van, but whether or not he could deal with the villains themselves now that they're cornered was an entirely separate ordeal. He'll have to do what he can no doubt more heroes are on the way.

"Still," Tesla started, coming back to his feet. "I wish you guys had given me time to eat." The bottom half of his mask opened up like four spider mandibles, and he took a bite out of the McGriddle he'd been holding the whole time.

Last edited:
❖ ACT I. CHAPTER I – What Is A Hero?| West 34 Street, NYC ❖
Roman Walker
「THE SPARTAN」
It was just before midnight, the water from the Hudson river could be heard on the docks, it was quiet. A man ran in between cargo crates with a huff, gun in hand as his pursuer closed in. He turned around Bang, Bang two shots fired off only to make the sound of bullets bouncing off metal. A wire shot out and grappled the mans waist yanking him back quickly to meet face to face with a circular metal shield. The dull sound of metal vibrating could be heard as the man was bodied by The Spartan. Roman, who was never a person who had too much patience, walked up to the guy, who was spitting out a mixture of blood and teeth, and stepped on his back forcing him from his hands and knees down to the ground. Roman grabbed his arm, pulling it back at an angle where it could easily be broken. "Where are they" Roman asked, his voice filled with anger and intimidation. "I d-d-don't know what your talking about" said the man, though his speech slurred as his jaw was swollen from the hit moments ago. Crack the sound of a bone breaking filled the air for a moment, before the mans screams filled the air. "Wrong answer, now tell me before I break another finger" Roman said. "Fuck you" Crack "AHHHH YOU BASTARD" crack. "FUCK, THEY ARE IN CHINATOWN, A RESTURANT CALLED LUCKY CATS, YOU'LL FIND THE GUNS THERE" He basically screamed as Roman held his arm in place, three of his fingers twisted at angles they shouldn't be. Roman didn't let go of his arm, "Alright, you'd best not be lying, oh and to make sure that you never feel the need to smuggle weapons again..." Roman said as an indistinguishable CRUNCH of several bones in the arm being broken at once rang out. The man Screamed in pain again before being hit in the head by the metal shield and being knocked out.

The Next morning News reports could be seen on TV regarding Roman's actions, about how millions of dollars of illegal weapons were discovered and seized. The news reports also headlined "Heroes: Ally or Foe", which dove into the violent actions of heroes, also mentioning the victim of a heroes assault from that same weapons case. Roman had already shrugged it off though, he was given a hell of a lashing from the detective in charge of the case about unnecessary force but he had hardly payed attention to him. Roman wasn't the type of hero who was all goody two shoes and played the good guy, it just wasn't his style. He was all about taking down villains through any means possible, and for him those means were usually rather extreme and violent. He was well aware of the fact that he was violent, but he wanted to be the hero that this city needed, one that gets things done and puts criminals down for good. Currently though he just wanted to eat. He stood over a sizzling skillet that had bacon frying in it, over a gas burner. His Apartment was large, a bachelor pad if you will, and well organized at that, his fathers company, the company that he now owned shares in, earned him a good salary even though he put zero effort into it, he figured it would only be a matter of time before they tried to buy out his shares, but such is life. Once he started to make enough as a hero he would probably look into actually selling his shares back to the company, but for now upkeep of both his lifestyle and equipment were too pricey for him, so it was impossible for him to let go of his major source of income for now.

Currently on his kitchen table sat his shield, along with a bunch of tools. It had taken a couple bullets last night and while it looked mostly undamaged there were a couple of slight dents in it. His shield worked by using a series of titanium allow plates and a few springs and mechanical parts. It had two straps on the inside and a handle that looked kind of like a trigger. Typically the shield looked like a long flat piece of metal with a few triangular like sections on its rear end. When the handle was gripped it released a spring causing the shield to spring open in seconds. Right now however it was fully open, Roman had tried to close it up again but the small bullet dent had displaced some of the metal, causing one of the plates not to slide to the closed position properly. Roman simply had begun to buff out the dent and just like that it was good as new. His shield was his first line of defense, while it could stop most bullets it could not fully stop bullets of a larger caliber like a shotgun blast or sniper shot.

Roman also to do maintenance checks on his other equipment. His armor, the second line of defense, was still in good condition, it was a mix of the same alloy in his shield, Kevlar, and Carbon Fiber Plating, Which offered a moderate amount of defense and help to cover his blind sides. While it wasn't as good as his shield it was light weight, or at least light weight for him considering his quirk, and had good mobility, which was more important than total defense. He was able to move in his suit without power but her also had set up power assisted movement as well as a moderate amount of state of the art systems to both generate power and refill the battery and to give him the edge in battle. The communications systems in his helmet let him access a map of NYC along with police scanner reports and cross referenced them to give him an accurate idea of where crimes were taking place. As for his weapons they were also powered by his suit. His main weapon was his spear, a blunt tipped compressible pole that when held by him in his suit would electrify, giving him a means to essentially tase people at a distance. He also had a grappling hook which allowed him to scale buildings or pull enemies towards him such as he did the night before. It ran on a motor with a locking mechanism so if the motor fails then it won't let go. Other than that he had various other pieces of equipment laid around all with their own purpose.

Roman finished tending to his equipment and quickly checked his helmet. "They've turned onto West 34th Street" he heard over the scanner, as information quickly poured into his helmet about this mornings bombing and the events that were currently unfolding. The Villains were pretty close to his apartment. He quickly suited up, sparing no time to actually clean up from his work. He recalled perfectly the events of the past and how he started down this path. When people with quirks put their mind to it they can really do some terrible things. Even humans in pursuit of those quirks have the means to do terrible things. The time he spent in captivity, suffering the torture of those greedy people made him into someone who would do all that he could in order to bring justice who use quirks to do evil.

A Garage door opened at street level, and with out sparing a second out raced a motorcylce with the word 'W.A.R. HORSE' painted in thick red letters. On top of it was a man on a mission, the hero known as the Spartan, a hero who struck fear into the hearts of criminals by being brutal and unforgiving, with no sign of the man known as Roman Walker left in his mind. "All units be advised, the black van has come to a halt on it's side near 34th and 8th" The scanner broadcasted. The engine on the War horse revved up even more as Roman sped towards the scene. His motor cycle soon came to a quick stop, as he came up to the scene, cops had already gathered and the van was tipped on its side with another hero, who was currently eating, and one of the villains several feet away from it.

coded by yukitera & khocolatte | designed for valorous order: insignius blade

It was just before midnight, the water from the Hudson river could be heard on the docks, it was quiet. A man ran in between cargo crates with a huff, gun in hand as his pursuer closed in. He turned around Bang, Bang two shots fired off only to make the sound of bullets bouncing off metal. A wire shot out and grappled the mans waist yanking him back quickly to meet face to face with a circular metal shield. The dull sound of metal vibrating could be heard as the man was bodied by The Spartan. Roman, who was never a person who had too much patience, walked up to the guy, who was spitting out a mixture of blood and teeth, and stepped on his back forcing him from his hands and knees down to the ground. Roman grabbed his arm, pulling it back at an angle where it could easily be broken. "Where are they" Roman asked, his voice filled with anger and intimidation. "I d-d-don't know what your talking about" said the man, though his speech slurred as his jaw was swollen from the hit moments ago. Crack the sound of a bone breaking filled the air for a moment, before the mans screams filled the air. "Wrong answer, now tell me before I break another finger" Roman said. "Fuck you" Crack "AHHHH YOU BASTARD" crack. "FUCK, THEY ARE IN CHINATOWN, A RESTURANT CALLED LUCKY CATS, YOU'LL FIND THE GUNS THERE" He basically screamed as Roman held his arm in place, three of his fingers twisted at angles they shouldn't be. Roman didn't let go of his arm, "Alright, you'd best not be lying, oh and to make sure that you never feel the need to smuggle weapons again..." Roman said as an indistinguishable CRUNCH of several bones in the arm being broken at once rang out. The man Screamed in pain again before being hit in the head by the metal shield and being knocked out.

The Next morning News reports could be seen on TV regarding Roman's actions, about how millions of dollars of illegal weapons were discovered and seized. The news reports also headlined "Heroes: Ally or Foe", which dove into the violent actions of heroes, also mentioning the victim of a heroes assault from that same weapons case. Roman had already shrugged it off though, he was given a hell of a lashing from the detective in charge of the case about unnecessary force but he had hardly payed attention to him. Roman wasn't the type of hero who was all goody two shoes and played the good guy, it just wasn't his style. He was all about taking down villains through any means possible, and for him those means were usually rather extreme and violent. He was well aware of the fact that he was violent, but he wanted to be the hero that this city needed, one that gets things done and puts criminals down for good. Currently though he just wanted to eat. He stood over a sizzling skillet that had bacon frying in it, over a gas burner. His Apartment was large, a bachelor pad if you will, and well organized at that, his fathers company, the company that he now owned shares in, earned him a good salary even though he put zero effort into it, he figured it would only be a matter of time before they tried to buy out his shares, but such is life. Once he started to make enough as a hero he would probably look into actually selling his shares back to the company, but for now upkeep of both his lifestyle and equipment were too pricey for him, so it was impossible for him to let go of his major source of income for now.

Currently on his kitchen table sat his shield, along with a bunch of tools. It had taken a couple bullets last night and while it looked mostly undamaged there were a couple of slight dents in it. His shield worked by using a series of titanium allow plates and a few springs and mechanical parts. It had two straps on the inside and a handle that looked kind of like a trigger. Typically the shield looked like a long flat piece of metal with a few triangular like sections on its rear end. When the handle was gripped it released a spring causing the shield to spring open in seconds. Right now however it was fully open, Roman had tried to close it up again but the small bullet dent had displaced some of the metal, causing one of the plates not to slide to the closed position properly. Roman simply had begun to buff out the dent and just like that it was good as new. His shield was his first line of defense, while it could stop most bullets it could not fully stop bullets of a larger caliber like a shotgun blast or sniper shot.

Roman also to do maintenance checks on his other equipment. His armor, the second line of defense, was still in good condition, it was a mix of the same alloy in his shield, Kevlar, and Carbon Fiber Plating, Which offered a moderate amount of defense and help to cover his blind sides. While it wasn't as good as his shield it was light weight, or at least light weight for him considering his quirk, and had good mobility, which was more important than total defense. He was able to move in his suit without power but her also had set up power assisted movement as well as a moderate amount of state of the art systems to both generate power and refill the battery and to give him the edge in battle. The communications systems in his helmet let him access a map of NYC along with police scanner reports and cross referenced them to give him an accurate idea of where crimes were taking place. As for his weapons they were also powered by his suit. His main weapon was his spear, a blunt tipped compressible pole that when held by him in his suit would electrify, giving him a means to essentially tase people at a distance. He also had a grappling hook which allowed him to scale buildings or pull enemies towards him such as he did the night before. It ran on a motor with a locking mechanism so if the motor fails then it won't let go. Other than that he had various other pieces of equipment laid around all with their own purpose.

Roman finished tending to his equipment and quickly checked his helmet. "They've turned onto West 34th Street" he heard over the scanner, as information quickly poured into his helmet about this mornings bombing and the events that were currently unfolding. The Villains were pretty close to his apartment. He quickly suited up, sparing no time to actually clean up from his work. He recalled perfectly the events of the past and how he started down this path. When people with quirks put their mind to it they can really do some terrible things. Even humans in pursuit of those quirks have the means to do terrible things. The time he spent in captivity, suffering the torture of those greedy people made him into someone who would do all that he could in order to bring justice who use quirks to do evil.

A Garage door opened at street level, and with out sparing a second out raced a motorcylce with the word 'W.A.R. HORSE' painted in thick red letters. On top of it was a man on a mission, the hero known as the Spartan, a hero who struck fear into the hearts of criminals by being brutal and unforgiving, with no sign of the man known as Roman Walker left in his mind. "All units be advised, the black van has come to a halt on it's side near 34th and 8th" The scanner broadcasted. The engine on the War horse revved up even more as Roman sped towards the scene. His motor cycle soon came to a quick stop, as he came up to the scene, cops had already gathered and the van was tipped on its side with another hero, who was currently eating, and one of the villains several feet away from it.

Boyle Brownian
The Streets of New York
Interacting with: Yakov011001 Yakov011001

"That'll be three ninety-five."

"Awesome," the human-shaped slime said to the cashier. He'd smile if he could--well, actually, technically, he could, but chances were it wouldn't look very pleasant--so he settled for an enthusiastic tone of voice instead as he pulled out his wallet, slipping out a few bills and coins. "I think I have a nickel on me, one sec..." He dug through his wallet for another moment as a few onlookers in the small corner convenience store snapped pictures or simply stared. He looked up at one point as another voice called his name, offering a well-meaning wave before continuing to look for his change. "...Theeeere we go," he said, slipping over the last coin before taking up his fresh hot-dog and offering another wave as he made his way to the door.

"Seeya Boyle!" shouted the cashier as the bell on the door rang in tandem with the part-time hero's exit. Starting off on his leisurely walk, he pulled out his phone, checked the time, then inserted a portion of his hot-dog into the spot where a mouth would normally be. The item began to quickly dissolve as it slipped into Boyle's jelly-like body, prompting a hum from the man-like thing. "Mmm. Always good stuff," he said to no one in particular, looking up and offering another wave as another person on the street called his name. "Yeah! G'morning!" he called back, pocketing his phone as he raised his hot-dog holding hand.

This was supposed to be Boyle's first day on the city's official hero response force. It was also his day off from his actual job, and so far things were quiet--and boy was he going to make the most of that quiet if he could, especially since he had plans that day. Important plans.

The liveliness of the city surrounded the man, along with the occasional greeting, stare, or even picture as he made his way through the Manhattan streets, slowly nipping at his food with the leisure of a man with at least an hour or three before he had to be anywhere. That all ended with the sound of a low rumble, one loud enough to cause several other people on the street to look up. It wasn't the sound of a trash truck or a van hitting a metal street cover. No, this was a deeper, more destructive sounding rumble. If Boyle had a face, the optimism on it would be gone. Thankfully, he didn't have one, so no one was able to sense his encroaching disappointment.

Slowly, he began to reverse his steps, keeping a tight hold on his hot-dog as his walk became a run, and eventually a sprint. He rounded one of the street corners as he drew nearer, only to reflexively dive out of the way as a van darted into view, jumping the curb mid-turn as police cruisers screamed after it. Boyle turned and watched, letting out a low, vibrating sigh. "...Oh boy."

He shoved the entirety of the remainder of his treat in his mouth, looking about before running over to a nearby peanut vendor and its confused customers. "Hey! HEY!"

"Wow, there's a line pal," snarked one of the waiting citizens, prompting Boyle to offer a hushed sorry as the cart's attendant blinked at him. "You're that guy!"

"Yeah hey, I'm that guy, and I'm kinda in a hurry," he said, looking over his shoulder at the fleeing van.

"You need uh...you need some nuts or something?"

"What?" Boyle said in confusion, before looking up at the vendor's umbrella. Crazy 4 Cashews. "Oh, no, no-no-no. I just need you to watch my stuff, can you do that?"

The vendor blinked, looking back at the line. "Yeah, uh, sure, I can do that."

"Great, you're a champ pal, model citizen!" Boyle said as he grabbed his phone. Then, in a split instant, he extended his arm out toward a nearby street lamp, his goo-like arm wrapping around it before, with the gasps and surprised shouts of just about everyone in line, the entirety of his body shot out through the sleeve of his jacket, leaving nothing more than a pile of clothes behind as the costume-sporting slime suddenly flung himself up and over the streetlamp, slinging along the street.

As the car chase recklessly skidded into a turn, Boyle threw his arm out toward a street-sign, picking up speed as he made the turn much more quickly, flying over the tops of several cruisers as he matched their speed. His other arm quickly tapped through to speed-dial. "Hey sweetheart. You know that brunch thing we had planned? No, no, yes, I know you were looking forward to it--"

He cut himself short briefly as he contorted his body out of the way of a stoplight, keeping his speed as he latched onto a bus stop post further away and slung himself forward again. "--It's important. It's important. Like..." He paused, looking down briefly. "...Seven, maybe eight cop cars important." He bounded off of the top of a bus, pushing himself forward like a coiled spring as he continued to gain on the van. "Look I've gotta go, I'll make it up to you. No--yeah, I'm sorry. Love you much." Quickly, he hung up, slipping the phone into one of his pouches before reaching for a small earpiece, simply absorbing it into his body. "Compound here, I've got eyes on a car chase moving downtown, currently passing East 39th street, really reckless driving, definite civilian hazard, gonna try to intercept," he said, inwardly wincing as the van careened through a red light, very nearly T-boning a taxi.

It was only a matter of time until someone got hurt. Possibilities flashed through the hero's mind. Drag the car to a stop? No--too much horsepower for that, he'd snap, no question. Net them up front? Risky; though he'd waste precious seconds reforming himself if they broke through. His attention drifted down to the wheels--and the shafts that had to be right next to them. "Gunk up the works, now there's an idea," he said to himself as the car rounded onto 34th.

Suddenly, a bolt from the blue crashed straight into the van, sending it skidding through the streets as the chasing cruisers began to pull off for their own safety. "Nonono there's an INTERSECTION!" he shouted, slinging himself forward with as much force as he could muster. His body slapped onto the van with a squelch, surrounding it in a thin loop as bits and pieces of the hero began to grab onto any amount of asphalt they could. Civilians in the busy downtown crosswalks screamed as the van came toward them, the vehicle's trajectory slowed just enough for several to get out of the way as the van rolled to a stop in the middle, droplets of uncertain composition lining the roadway.

A puddle and a spandex suit began to form beneath the van before reforming themselves into something resembling a hero, several bits and pieces of asphalt swimming in the mixture as they began to dissolve and replace lost portions. "Are you crazy?" the slowly-coalescing figure said to the only other hero on the scene, "this is friggin' downtown Manhattan! You could've killed somebody!"

Last edited:
Hero.jpg
Adeline Maberry
Mentions: Blackvelvet Blackvelvet

Adeline rushed to the front of the building and tried the door. To her dismay, it wouldn't open.

"Hey, stand back, this is an active crime scene!" She spun around quickly to see one of the many police officers marching angrily towards her. Rolling her eyes she fished out her Obsidian and clear quartz, rolling them around in her hand.

"Pfft that's why I'm here! I'm a hero, don't worry. Hey while I've got ya here, is there any way you can get into the building other than this door?" Her voice hardly held the sense of urgency it did a moment ago. If she or the authorities panicked, everyone else panicked more. The officer shook his head.

"We've called the fire department, but they're taking their sweet ass time. If anything I'd try a window." He pointed to one of the windows that had been blown out by the explosion. She nodded and weaved her way between the ever growing crowd until she was directly underneath the broken window. Clutching her beloved crystals harder than necessary, her mind began to race with what ifs.

'God I'm not gonna be able to save the people in there am I? What if my crystals aren't charged enough? Have I been neglecting them? Did I even eat today?" Wait what?! Now wasn't the time to think about that! Before she could put an action into plan another bomb went off somewhere in the back of the building. Everyone screamed and the officers took cover. Adeline gasped and fell back, hitting the ground fairly hard. The sound of tires screeching were heard and then things went quiet again. Well... quieter than a bomb going off at least. No time to worry then. Something needed to be done now! Grabbing the Clear Quarts first she placed it on the ground a few feet away from the building's base and leaned down to touch it. Taking a deep breath, the young hero thought about a good, steady block. She felt the crystal grow and grow until it was roughly the size of a small shelf. It was thick and sturdy which pleased her. This might work after all! Taking the Obsidian, she went behind the first block and made a similar creation, only a bit bigger than the first. Now she grabbed her Citrine and made an even bigger block behind the Obsidian one.

She took a small step back to admire her work. Three large steps that lead directly to the window! At least she had enough control to do that. So this only left her with two more crystals... Adeline made a mental reminder and climbed her way to the window. Peaking in she met with the faces of about a dozen terrified people. Some were injured from the falling rubble while others just looked to be shaken up. She couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness. She hated seeing people so upset. As she climbed through the window some rushed to meet her, pulling her in frantically. They knew she was here to help. However in their haste to be saved a piece of glass that hadn't broken off nicked her leg as she climbed through.

"Ouch!" Stumbling to the ground in shock she turned to glance at her now bleeding leg.

"Are you ok?"

"You're one of those heroes too right? You're here to save us too?" Again she was bombarded with questions.

"Y-yea, I am! Is everyone ok to walk? If so please make your way out of that window. I made a few steps you should be able to safely go down!" The ones who had gotten to her first wasted no time in heading out. There were still others who seemed to be in too much shock to do anything. That was when she noticed her. A pretty girl stood with the others, tending to those who needed it. Only she was different. Eight arms protruded from her sides, making her look more like a human spider than anything else. Another hero! Getting up she made her way over to her, forgetting about her own injury now. Maybe she knew something?

"Ohmygosh hi! I'm Adeline, it's so nice to meet you! Are you a hero too? I've never met another hero before! Do you know what's going on? Is there anyone else in the building? What's your power by the way?" Per usual she couldn't help but start rambling the more she got excited. She had always been interested in other heroes but had never had the chance to meet one!

To get that kind of ridicule from his first 'ally', absolutely pissed him off more than anything.

"Are you some kind of fucking fool? I'd trust in New York's Finest if I were you." He pointed out several crucial details this blob seemed to have missed, taking a bite of his breakfast as he did so.

Unlike this newly formed Hero Commission, the NYPD has extreme coherency and fast teamwork. Eighth Avenue--and no doubt all avenues down to Dyre had police barricades. Two--

"Besides, do you think you stopped that full ton chunk of machinery perfectly in the centre of the intersection by yourself?" Tesla pointed to the tires, tires that had been popped. "I designed this crash. Don't think it went the way it did because of someone with a surface tension of less than human skin."

Like hell he was going to let a puddle talk down to him, what a joke.

"You'd best pay attention to the issue at hand. You're standing next to a wasps nest, I'm sure you realize."

_Line 213 _Line 213

The streets of downtown New York were lit up in a fever pitch of honking horns and bellowing voices, all surging about the incident point in every which direction. Traffic was being diverted in a desperate panic, and it was hard to look far without spotting a boy or girl in blue only barely managing to control the throngs of crowds that were filling the streets. Most, wisely, had chosen to get as far away from the billowing tower of smoke as they could, while a few souls equal parts brave and foolish were attempting to make a silent march towards the site of the attack. Unsurprisingly, most of that latter category was toting some sort of camera or another.

"Hey, shove off ya sweaty prick!" Within that throng of hot, sweaty human discord, Valerie was pushing and shoving and especially shouting her way towards the incident. She hadn't been blessed with the same boons of mobility as some of her new coworkers, and taking the subway hadn't really been an option, so she'd been forced to hoof it for the latter part of her journey. Her phone buzzed with the odd alert, which she struggled to read while being jostled about by the matted messed of a crowd surrounding her. They detailed the villain's quick advance through the Big Apple's streets, and she occasionally adjusted her route to compensate.

She grimaced as she read through the latest update. The bombers' advance had taken them well on their way through the city, and they weren't showing any signs of slowing down. Valerie groaned and then cocked her head skywards in exasperation. At this rate, by the time she got to the scene the perps would've been halfway to the Bahamas.

Beneath her skin, Valerie's muscles stirred.

"Aight, fuck it." She spoke aloud, and then extended her arm into the air. The sound of a meaty gunshot spilled out from where she stood, and her arm exploded into a twisted mess of fur, muscle and teeth. It only took a moment for her human limb to vanish entirely, now replaced with something closer to a meaty venus fly trap than it was an animal, and contrary to the myth about New Yorkers and looking up, the crowd was quick to notice.

"Hero here! Hustle your bustles the fuck outta my way! I've got shit to do!" She bellowed, taking advantage of the momentary silence that took the crowd at the sight of her display. Her arm was quick to revert after she'd said her piece, and thankfully most of the crowd responded properly. That was at least, aside from those aforementioned brave fools with cameras, who she noticed had immediately switched their course to veer in her direction, but she was able to leave them in the dust without too much trouble.

By the time Valerie had hit emptier streets, her phone had grown more frantic. It buzzed with a new alert every few seconds until they came to a brief, abrupt stop. She didn't even need to check her phone to see why. On the next street over, she heard a cry of twisting metal and burning rubber, and it didn't take a genius to figure out where it was coming from.

When she rounded the corner, she wasn't greeted by the sight of heroes battling villains, nor even a defeat on either side. Inside, she was treated to the delightful sight of her teammates bickering with each other.

What were they, fuckin' schoolgirls?

"Oi oi oi! Ladies!" Valerie called out as she approached the scene. "Let's keep the goss for the locker room, huh? We've got rats to bag!" At her side, a good half of Valerie's suit jacket lay in tatters, lightly bobbing alongside her as she walked. Her right arm sat naked, only its fist out of sight as she had it buried away in her pockets.

"Speakin' of, how about you terrorist motherfuckers haul ass out your scrapheap, huh? Save us the trouble of doing it ourselves."

Stray Cat
She sprinted down the alleyway, then came to halt, just to avoid crashing into a fleeing woman. She looked about her surroundings, trying to place her location. This wasn't where the smoke was coming from- that was further down, but here was the commotion. 34th and 8th, probably one of the most crowded places in this maze. Something happened here, and though she wasn't a betting woman, she was going to put what two coins she had in her wallet on that the two incidents were connected.

She rolled up her sleeves and dived into the throng of bodies. She pushed and shoved her way through the crowd, trying to make her way towards the scene. Even with all the cops trying to control the crowd, the wave of panicking pedestrians crashed against the nosy nobodies trying to catch a piece of the action. As she squeezed through the crowd, she could make out pieces of the conversation by some of the people around her. Some whackjob had stopped a vehicle by crashing through it. Sounded like one of the other 'heroes'. Damn it. Someone had gotten to the scene before she did. Less prey for her. At least one of her prospective dance partners was probably out for the count. How irritating.

Even more irritating, perhaps, was the voice that came from below her, and the slight tug on the hem of her jacket. "Wha--" she looked down, to see a young child, no older than 7, perhaps, clinging onto her. From her expression, Hiro more or less surmised that the girl had broken contact with her parents, and decided to seek assistance from someone. Why that someone had to be her, Hiro didn't know. She didn't think she looked halfway comforting enough to be someone a child would confide in, but she supposed her cat ears were kind of endearing. She glanced down a bit further, catching a look at the soft toy of a cat in her other hand. That would do it, she supposed. She glanced up towards the hullabaloo, then back down at the child. She was gonna miss out on the fun.

She crouched down and smoothed her hand over the girl's head. "Hey, hey, hey. It's gonna be alright, yeah?" How annoying. She wasn't good with kids, especially if they're on the verge of tears. She never really liked the sound of crying- it hurt her ears. "C'mon, up you go," she gently picked up the girl, and hoisted her up effortlessly. She glanced about the crowd, scanning the passing faces for anyone who looked as if they were searching for someone. There was no way a parent would abandon their kid like this, right? She grimaced. No, people were better than that. "Help me look, alright, sweetheart? Your momma and poppa's gotta be somewhere looking for you. If you see 'em, just tell me, yeah?" Keep talking, Hiro, she told herself. The more she talked, the more the girl would feel at ease. Or something like that.

The two of them stuck together for about ten more minutes, but to Hiro, it felt like hours had passed. She told herself that it was just that she wanted to get back to punching something, and her adrenaline was screaming at her. This wasn't what she was supposed to be doing. Talking to some kid, telling her constantly that everything was alright, grabbing random meatsacks and asking if they knew the kid, this was all police work. Let the cops handle this, was what she told herself. Yet, she couldn't do it. She cursed herself for her weakness. She finally breathed a sigh of relief when the girl in her arms finally pointed into the crowd and exclaimed in excitement. A couple, at the same time, rushed over to Hiro. She, with the expression of someone who just had a whole weight lifted from her chest, shoved the girl into the arms of her bespectacled father. She waved away their thanks, looking irritated. Being thanked for doing something anyone would do was just stupid. It felt nice, but it was just stupid.

"Keep a leash on her next time," Hiro joked, then turned to the kid. "And you, keep closer to your mom and pops, and, uh, eat your greens and your red meat." She flashed a grin and pumped her fist in the air, patting her bicep. "Secret of keeping strong, yeah? Anyway, gotta go. Don't wanna miss out on having some fun!" She waved at the bemused faces of the parents, and continued to carve her way through the crowd. She was late for the date, and the circus troupe had already arrived! Her eyes darted across the crowd, between the gaps, catching sight of some of the other heroes that she had been acquainted with in their first meeting. She didn't remember any of their names. She would happily fight any of them, but she thought it would be a waste of time. Some of them just weren't her cup of tea. Some were, but she hadn't made time to invite them out for a nice knuckle sandwich and biscuits.

She finally broke out of the crowd, and pushed past the cops, barely registering their presence, shoving one of them who tried to stop her back to his post. Directing her attention to the congregation that was gathered today to witness this holy communion, she flashed a sharp-toothed grin. "Alright, meatsacks, and non-meatsacks," she looked pointedly at the blob, "I'm here." She punched her knuckles together. "Whose skull am I supposed to crack? I'm in a mood to do that today, yeah? So could all of you clear out? It's been a long day, you understand, and a girl's gotta vent somehow, yeah?"

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit _Line 213 _Line 213 Yakov011001 Yakov011001 BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji

Sjur "Balmung" Larsen
Feeling the shockwave rattle the windows even several blocks away before the sound reached his ears Sjur stared up at the rising plume of smoke for a moment then dashed towards the apparent trouble. Hearing sirens approaching from behind as he ran he glanced over his shoulder to see a fire truck speeding his way, gauging the distance he smoothly timed a running jump off a parked car and hitched a lift on one of the ladders until it reached the scene.

Looking up at the burning building he caught sight of what he assumed to be another hero busting in through one of the upper floor windows, deciding he could try doing the same thing from ground level Sjur 'borrowed' a spare breathing mask from the firefighters and went in search of his own way in. Disregarding the mess that had once been the front door he found a wall at a relatively safe distance away from the blazing debris that didn't look to be load-bearing and cut his own entrance, whistling loudly to the firefighters and any other heroes who showed up he pointed to the hole. "If you're going to use this keep in mind you have twenty minutes before it fixes itself!" Slipping the breathing gear on he gave a cocky two-fingered salute and ran in.

Inside the stricken building Sjur circled around towards the normal entrance reasoning that anyone looking to escape in panic would likely have gone there first, carving large pieces of fallen rubble into smaller chunks he could move aside he broke through into a reception area on the other side of wrecked entrance and found a cluster of people in various states of panic and injury. "Ho there! Pro-hero Balmung at you ser-hey wait!" His introduction was cut off by the people who could still move rushing him crying out for help with a few of the more hysterical rushing right past him in search of a way out. "Now hold on, I can lead you out of here but we're taking as many of the wounded as possible with us too."

Going to check on the people who weren't able to stand he found a few dead where they lay and badgered those that were relatively uninjured to help move them. "Don't worry I'll be right back, I promise." He said to the survivors that had to be abandoned for the moment as they left and made their way back outside, handing off the people with him to the paramedics outside Sjur led a group of firefighters back to retrieve the rest.

Exiting the building once more he spotted a cluster of giant crystals forming improvised platforms leading to the upper floors, realising that they were almost certainly created by a fellow pro-hero Sjur easily clambered up and hopped in through the window finding two costumed girls. "Hey there ladies!" He introduced himself with a short bow. "Pro-hero Balmung at your service! May I be of assistance?" Satisfied at getting to finish his intro this time he cut away part of the window to make it safer to climb through.

Blackvelvet Blackvelvet Pipsqueak Pipsqueak

Samson Remit
Streets of NYC
831383e2aef20b0ab540b9080e8276fc.jpg
Samson's eyes locked with great interest at the man leaving the building, he was some distance away, but he could make out some distinguishing features, such as his current attire. Sam continued to stare, and though he couldn't hear the man over the hysteria from the crowd, he could see that he had said something. *BANG* Another explosion rippled through the crowd. Though far smaller than the other, it was still quite notable, and caused further hysteria amongst the citizens. Did he cause the explosion? Samson began to ponder. He didn't see any connection between the man and the explosion, other than a slight lip movement, still, it required further investigation.

As the potential villain got into the getaway van, Sam's eyes widened in shock. "Get off the road! Now!" He yelled out in desperation, beginning to move people out of the vehicle's likely destructive path. The van showed no signs of slowing as it approached the crowds, and Samson doubted it was about to stop for a stray child left behind in the confusion. Without delay he turned his full attention toward the vehicle, extending his reach toward it, and focusing his energy toward the vehicle's engine, in an attempt to weaken its power, and ultimately slow it down. It seemed to work, at least partially, giving time for the crowd to disperse as the van rushed past him, heading toward the intersection.

Several blocks down, Samson watched as a sudden object collided with the van, sending it onto its side. "Perhaps a hero!?" He wondered out loud. He began to let his feet loose toward the scene, before stopping for a moment, and looking back to the burning building. It was probably more heroic to go after the civilians within... T-Then again, who knows what further harm these potential villains could cause? Samson bargained with himself internally, though his mind was already made up. His quirk could be useful to free some people from materials that had caused them to be stuck within the rapidly collapsing building, however, it was far more obvious a solution to assist those in the capture of these possibly powerful quirked villains. Plus, it would be great to check out some more quirks that the possible heroes on the scene possessed.

While others intelligently fled, Sam ran toward the now collapsed van, watching eagerly as he ran, only to hear 'heroes' arguing in the distance. What a dick, Samson thought to himself as he heard one bragging, before others came over to speak what seemed to be on his mind. Wow! Sam exclaimed internally. So many of them showed up so quickly! The heroes in this city were something else with their punctuality, then again, everyone in the city must have felt that first blast. Sam kept around 100m of distance, watching with excitement, taking notes in his head as he did so.

One of the heroes he noticed straight away, not just covered in, but made of a gel substance, Compound. Sam had always wanted to meet someone like that, or rather, study someone with a quirk like that... The others were less known to Samson, but that only made them more of an interest. Still, the young man's focus was still mainly toward the van, and whatever was staying within. He wasn't sure if the heroes lack of haste to apprehend the villain was out of laziness and a preference to stand around and bicker, or a knowledge that it is better to wait and see than to jump into a possible ambush. Regardless, Sam continued to watch the scene with a great interest, his hand rubbing his chin vigorously, like a strange individual looking into the closed-off section of a video store. This truly was a dream come true.

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit _Line 213 _Line 213 Yakov011001 Yakov011001 BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji simj26 simj26

Calvin Von Schulze
Hero Name: Phantom Midnight

Calvin costume.jpg

Using his grappling hook cane, Calvin managed to avoid the hysteric crowd at the scene of Jenkins and Kimball law firm. He scaled up one of the nearby buildings, and watched the raging inferno from a safe distance. Instead of rushing into the blazing building, Calvin took some time to assess the situation. First responders had already arrived but the flames prevented them from entering the building. Upon his inspection of the area, Calvin noticed something that took the form of a staircase entering the building. From this distance, he couldn’t tell that the makeshift staircase was formed from crystals. However, he had assumed that he wasn’t the only hero to arrive.

There was no telling how many people were actually trapped inside. But before Calvin could help anyone, he needed to provide the civilians with a safe exit from the building. Wasting little time, Calvin traveled rooftop to rooftop drawing closer to the blazing building. He coughed heavily from the thick clouds of smoke but he remained focused. Calvin stared at the area surrounding the crystalized staircase. He twirled his cane a bit before pointing it skyward.

I’ll only have two minutes, I have to make each second count.

After turning a dial on his cane, the device released a compressed orb of water skyward. The shot was loud like a soaring firework, but it may have been masked by the sound of the burning building. Twenty seconds a blue flash of light could have been seen above. Afterwards heavy rain began to fall from the sky. Oddly, the sudden rain was falling in a concentrated area. The rain did help suppress the flames near the staircase, but the rest of the building was still burning. Not to mention, the fire was at risk of spreading to the other buildings in the area.

People in the crowd were baffled by the sudden downpour, especially since the rain only fell in one specific area. Instead of making a grand entrance, and taking the credit for the phenomenon like other heroes, Calvin leapt from the roof and got to work. Thanks to his grappling hook, Calvin managed to reach the ground safely. Knowing that he was on a time limit, Calvin got to work. He started assisting the civilians that were making their way out of the building, and down the crystalized staircase.

This way, move, move move!” He shouted

Blackvelvet Blackvelvet Pipsqueak Pipsqueak IG42 IG42

HELIOS
Jasmine Reid
time
9:17 AM
tags
simj26 simj26 Yakov011001 Yakov011001 The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Randomfella Randomfella BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji
Shortly after dealing with the purse stealing thug, Jasmine was reporting to local authorities who had shown up on site after the woman who had been robbed called. Obviously people still relied on the police more than they did heroes so when someone dressed up in some kind of spandex outfit said they were going to help it wasn't exactly uncommon for people to be doubtful, especially with some of the vigilantes of the past being more villainous than heroic as well. But in this day in age there were standards to live up to. "Thanks for the help miss..." the officer said as the villain laid on the ground, his clothing still shouldering and his face red from the blast of heat he had just received. "Helios" Jasmine responded, offering up her hero name rather than her code name. Such a stupid rule, that heroes needed to have their own code name, this wasn't some comic book. But alas it was a rule that was insisted upon, giving the public an ideal to look up to and all that, taking away their human nature so that they would be regarded as something greater.

The police scanner began to go wild, Jasmine could hear it from the near by car. "Um, shouldn't you get that?" Jasmine said to the officer, "Oh yeah" the officer responded as if just realizing exactly what his job was. He quickly rushed over to the car an picked up the radio. As Jasmine was getting ready the cop called out again "Helios!" he said with a sense of urgency in his voice. "There's been a bombing in the upper west side, but as of right now the people responsible are aiming to cross to Brooklyn, if we hurry we could cut him off" He said. At this point Jasmine probably would have made some snarky remark about 'what do you mean by we' but she sensed this wasn't the time for such jokes. So instead she complied and hopped into the police car, with the purse snatcher laying down, cuffed in the back seat.

Quickly they made their way to the crime scene and already there were several looking hero figures around, As Jasmine hoped out of the police cruiser she quickly surveyed the scene. The van had already been tipped and there seemed to be no civilian casualties in the area, so at least that meant that the heroes had done their job. She breathed a quick sigh of relief. From what she could tell from the ongoing conversation, Mr. McGriddle over here had dove through the window flipping the car and sending the driver tumbling across the street where he now was propped against a dented lamp post, his drivers seat near by. Yikes, that had to hurt she thought to herself as she approached the crash. It seemed that goo guy had stopped the van short of the intersection and the rest of the heroes had shown up shortly after, there was no sign of movement from the inside of the van. As she got closer she noticed in the road there were five long indents, of similar spacing to the fingers and thumbs on a hand, that had carved through the road leaving raised asphalt around the indents leading back towards where the villain rested. At that moment the hair on her arms stood up as she realized that they all fucked up, no one had payed attention to the villain who had seemingly already been taken out.

As Jasmine turned she saw a large figure, with a portion of his body seemingly made of asphalt and his right arm made of steel, leap towards the same hero who had drop kicked him through the vans back door. An arm made of steel rapidly approached the back of Tesla's head, as the villain had managed to close the distance before anyone could react. All Jas could do was shout, "Breakfast man!", but as this was happening an object was flung from one of the broken windows of the tipped over van, directly towards Jas. Catching it in the corner of her eye the panicked Jasmine activated her quirk involuntary, causing her arms to ignite at the went up into a guard position, which only caused the green propane canister, one of the small ones you get for those mobile grills, to explode right in front of her, blasting her back quite a bit.

Climbing up from the wreck was a man with red hair and a crazed expression on his face, as blood ran down from a gash on his forehead. Strapped to him were various types of compressed gas cylinders, along with other explosives. This was the bomber that had bombed the law firm, Shawn Robertson, codename BANG. The police had already done a good job of identifying him so his quirk was well known, so the compressed gas strapped around him mad him all the more dangerous with his ability to turn everything into a bomb that he could use. As He Stood atop the van he tossed a couple canisters towards Boyle and Hiro. "HAHAHAHAHA" He laugh maniacally as he smiled widely, and with wide eyes glanced at both of the heroes and spoke "BANG! BANG!". The Canisters exploded as they neared the heroes.

As this happened the backdoors of the van fully opened and out popped two... four... eight... sixteen... thirty two... and so on people, almost like something out of a circus act, only that they all looked exactly the same like perfect copies of one another. They began to unleash chaos as a overwhelming wave of them began storming the heroes that were present. From the way they were moving they almost looked like zombies, like they had one goal in mind and that was all they were focused on. That goal was fighting off the heroes present.

code by @Nano

Shortly after dealing with the purse stealing thug, Jasmine was reporting to local authorities who had shown up on site after the woman who had been robbed called. Obviously people still relied on the police more than they did heroes so when someone dressed up in some kind of spandex outfit said they were going to help it wasn't exactly uncommon for people to be doubtful, especially with some of the vigilantes of the past being more villainous than heroic as well. But in this day in age there were standards to live up to. "Thanks for the help miss..." the officer said as the villain laid on the ground, his clothing still shouldering and his face red from the blast of heat he had just received. "Helios" Jasmine responded, offering up her hero name rather than her code name. Such a stupid rule, that heroes needed to have their own code name, this wasn't some comic book. But alas it was a rule that was insisted upon, giving the public an ideal to look up to and all that, taking away their human nature so that they would be regarded as something greater.

The police scanner began to go wild, Jasmine could hear it from the near by car. "Um, shouldn't you get that?" Jasmine said to the officer, "Oh yeah" the officer responded as if just realizing exactly what his job was. He quickly rushed over to the car an picked up the radio. As Jasmine was getting ready the cop called out again "Helios!" he said with a sense of urgency in his voice. "There's been a bombing in the upper west side, but as of right now the people responsible are aiming to cross to Brooklyn, if we hurry we could cut him off" He said. At this point Jasmine probably would have made some snarky remark about 'what do you mean by we' but she sensed this wasn't the time for such jokes. So instead she complied and hopped into the police car, with the purse snatcher laying down, cuffed in the back seat.

Quickly they made their way to the crime scene and already there were several looking hero figures around, As Jasmine hoped out of the police cruiser she quickly surveyed the scene. The van had already been tipped and there seemed to be no civilian casualties in the area, so at least that meant that the heroes had done their job. She breathed a quick sigh of relief. From what she could tell from the ongoing conversation, Mr. McGriddle over here had dove through the window flipping the car and sending the driver tumbling across the street where he now was propped against a dented lamp post, his drivers seat near by. Yikes, that had to hurt she thought to herself as she approached the crash. It seemed that goo guy had stopped the van short of the intersection and the rest of the heroes had shown up shortly after, there was no sign of movement from the inside of the van. As she got closer she noticed in the road there were five long indents, of similar spacing to the fingers and thumbs on a hand, that had carved through the road leaving raised asphalt around the indents leading back towards where the villain rested. At that moment the hair on her arms stood up as she realized that they all fucked up, no one had payed attention to the villain who had seemingly already been taken out.

As Jasmine turned she saw a large figure, with a portion of his body seemingly made of asphalt and his right arm made of steel, leap towards the same hero who had drop kicked him through the vans back door. An arm made of steel rapidly approached the back of Tesla's head, as the villain had managed to close the distance before anyone could react. All Jas could do was shout, "Breakfast man!", but as this was happening an object was flung from one of the broken windows of the tipped over van, directly towards Jas. Catching it in the corner of her eye the panicked Jasmine activated her quirk involuntary, causing her arms to ignite at the went up into a guard position, which only caused the green propane canister, one of the small ones you get for those mobile grills, to explode right in front of her, blasting her back quite a bit.

Climbing up from the wreck was a man with red hair and a crazed expression on his face, as blood ran down from a gash on his forehead. Strapped to him were various types of compressed gas cylinders, along with other explosives. This was the bomber that had bombed the law firm, Shawn Robertson, codename BANG. The police had already done a good job of identifying him so his quirk was well known, so the compressed gas strapped around him mad him all the more dangerous with his ability to turn everything into a bomb that he could use. As He Stood atop the van he tossed a couple canisters towards Boyle and Hiro. "HAHAHAHAHA" He laugh maniacally as he smiled widely, and with wide eyes glanced at both of the heroes and spoke "BANG! BANG!". The Canisters exploded as they neared the heroes.

As this happened the backdoors of the van fully opened and out popped two... four... eight... sixteen... thirty two... and so on people, almost like something out of a circus act, only that they all looked exactly the same like perfect copies of one another. They began to unleash chaos as a overwhelming wave of them began storming the heroes that were present. From the way they were moving they almost looked like zombies, like they had one goal in mind and that was all they were focused on. That goal was fighting off the heroes present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back