• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia: Origins

THE KRAKEN
Octavia Drake
time
9:09 AM
tags
Pipsqueak Pipsqueak IG42 IG42 VolticAce VolticAce
Inside the burning building
The Building had several floors to it, luckily for Octavia she had gone into one of the lower ones where the smoke wasn't nearly as thick. The building groaned as it burned and screams could be heard throughout. She had already begun to help several people to their feet and clear away some debris so that they could escape when help began to arrive. She pretty much instantly laid eyes on the young girl who had come in through a window, claiming that she was a hero. She pretty much bombarded Octavia with questions as soon as their eyes met. "No time for that" Octavia said with an urgency in her voice, "What are you doing in here! Don't you know it's dangerous, a kid like you shouldn't be playing hero and rushing into a burning building" She said, misjudging the girls actual age due to her young appearance. Octavia laid one of her hands on the girls head patting it gently "See you're hurt, lets get you out of here and to the paramedics" she said with genuine concern in her voice.

In the background Octavia heard a calls for help on the upper floor, along with a few large bangs, not ones that sounded like explosions, but rather it sounded like the building was beginning to collapse. "Shit" she said to her self just as another Hero announced his presence, she rolled her eyes at the man who felt it necessary to introduce himself in such dire circumstances, "we don't have time for this, you take this young child and get her out of her, I'm going up to help the others" She said as she rushed towards a nearby staircase. As she opened the door she found the stairwell to be burning, she reared back her head as if she was going to spit and pulled her mask away for a moment to spew out a large amount of ink that drenched the fire on the stairs putting it out well enough so she could proceed, before readjusting her mask.

Street level
"Your one of those pro heroes aren't you" A man said walking up behind the hero known as Phantom Midnight. He wore fairly normal clothing, but hanging from his mouth was a rather large cigar. From his neck hung a badge, signifying he was from the NYPD. Suddenly he stopped and looked up to the sky as the smoke from the building began to pour out through the broken windows and any opening it could find, forming a large ball in the sky as it was continuously dispersed. "Names Detective Smoke, not my real name but that's what they call me, I'm not good with fire but my quirk should make it a bit easier to breath in there" he said to the hero as he puffed back on the cigar blowing out a cloud of smoke almost directly in the heroes face.
code by @Nano

Inside the burning building
The Building had several floors to it, luckily for Octavia she had gone into one of the lower ones where the smoke wasn't nearly as thick. The building groaned as it burned and screams could be heard throughout. She had already begun to help several people to their feet and clear away some debris so that they could escape when help began to arrive. She pretty much instantly laid eyes on the young girl who had come in through a window, claiming that she was a hero. She pretty much bombarded Octavia with questions as soon as their eyes met. "No time for that" Octavia said with an urgency in her voice, "What are you doing in here! Don't you know it's dangerous, a kid like you shouldn't be playing hero and rushing into a burning building" She said, misjudging the girls actual age due to her young appearance. Octavia laid one of her hands on the girls head patting it gently "See you're hurt, lets get you out of here and to the paramedics" she said with genuine concern in her voice.

In the background Octavia heard a calls for help on the upper floor, along with a few large bangs, not ones that sounded like explosions, but rather it sounded like the building was beginning to collapse. "Shit" she said to her self just as another Hero announced his presence, she rolled her eyes at the man who felt it necessary to introduce himself in such dire circumstances, "we don't have time for this, you take this young child and get her out of her, I'm going up to help the others" She said as she rushed towards a nearby staircase. As she opened the door she found the stairwell to be burning, she reared back her head as if she was going to spit and pulled her mask away for a moment to spew out a large amount of ink that drenched the fire on the stairs putting it out well enough so she could proceed, before readjusting her mask.

Street level
"Your one of those pro heroes aren't you" A man said walking up behind the hero known as Phantom Midnight. He wore fairly normal clothing, but hanging from his mouth was a rather large cigar. From his neck hung a badge, signifying he was from the NYPD. Suddenly he stopped and looked up to the sky as the smoke from the building began to pour out through the broken windows and any opening it could find, forming a large ball in the sky as it was continuously dispersed. "Names Detective Smoke, not my real name but that's what they call me, I'm not good with fire but my quirk should make it a bit easier to breath in there" he said to the hero as he puffed back on the cigar blowing out a cloud of smoke almost directly in the heroes face.

Hero.jpg
Adeline Maberry
Mentions: Blackvelvet Blackvelvet IG42 IG42

"Whaaa- Wait!" Adeline's protest fell on deaf ears. That hero thought she was a kid! She bit the inside of her cheek as the woman patter her head gently.

"But I'm not a kid, I-" That's when a new voice entered the scene. Both girls turned to the sound automatically. Adeline wasn't sure what exactly to expect, but it wasn't this guy. A red haired man with enough personality to fan the fire around the building boastfully stood in the center of the crumbling room. Despite their situation The Witch couldn't help but feel a bit in awe. Two heroes in the same room! Oh but she was a hero too of course, although it was a bit hard to be amazed by herself.

"No way! This is so cool, now we can work toge-" Screams and sounds of falling rubble pierced through the air on the upper floor, making Adeline stop short, her breath catching in her throat. That didn't sound good at all... The eight armed hero was already in motion however, pulling down the mask she had kept on up until now. She shot what looked like black ink onto a fire that had been crawling its way up the staircase only a few feet away. Adeline clasped her hands together.

"So cool!" Another mental reminder: Find her afterwards and ask about her powers!

Turning to the newcomer Adeline crossed her arms defiantly.

"I'm really not a kid, I swear! I'm a hero just like you guys, so you don't need ta worry about saving me! I gotta get the rest of these injured people to the paramedics before I head up to the first floor!" Spinning on her heel she hobbled over to the nearest person as best as she could. Trying to ignore the blood on her leg, she bent down to tend to him. A gruesome gash lay just beneath his hairline, and his face seemed unusually pale.

"Hi sir, can you hear me alright? I'm a hero, so you don't need to worry! Can you stand?" After a few tense seconds of silence, the man finally nodded.

"Good, great! Up you go!" Finessing herself under his right arm she managed to lift him up. It helped that he was slumped to her height, but his weight was another thing. She wobbled over to the window and peered out, looking for the first cop she could see. It took her a second to realize that water was falling from the sky. Was it raining?! It was sunny only a few minutes ago!

"Hey, what are you doing in there?" One of the paramedics called up to her, snatching her attention back to the problem at hand.

"This guy needs help! Can you meet me at the top of these stairs and take him?" If Adeline could be confident in one thing it was that she couldn't carry this man down some stairs, even if they were by her own hand. The paramedic nodded and joined her, grasping the injured worker tightly and carrying him almost effortlessly back down. Heaving a relieved sigh she turned back to the hero who called himself Balmung.

"See? Pretty good huh? Bet you didn't think I could be so strong, but my parents and I worked on that for a while. Er, not that I still live with them. Because I don't. I'm not a kid."​

Boyle Brownian
The Streets of New York
Interacting with: @Yakom011001, simj26 simj26 , The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit , BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji , Blackvelvet Blackvelvet , Randomfella Randomfella

If Boyle still had a head, he'd probably have a headache. He didn't have a nose either, but that didn't stop him from reaching a now-reformed hand up to pinch at where one would be as he re-centered his thoughts. Somehow, he could tell that he had a very long day ahead.

"Listen pal," he said, addressing the other hero in the crosswalk, "I'm sorry if I was a little tense a second ago, but the fact remains we've just gotta look out for the common folks!" he said, gesturing toward those scattering away from the street, "just some slightly more conservative plays, know what I mean?" his body vibrated as he sighed, fully reforming into a proper humanoid shape.

It didn't last for very long, a sudden explosion splattering the goo-fellow into a spray of droplets directly afterward.

It was as if he vanished; where there once stood a hero, now there was nothing at all; just scorch-marks and some rather foul-smelling air--and not just because of the explosive canister, at that. To the untrained eye, it might have seemed as if the rookie hero had been defeated so simply, a few onlookers letting out surprised or terrified gasps and cries from the sight.

Boyle, on the other hand, had other plans in mind. Slowly, what remained of him began to gather on the other side of the van, taking in the rubber tires as they began to dissolve, adding themselves to his form in order to replenish lost mass. A few chunks of metal came away as well, though their much longer dissolution time made them less of an ideal substitute. The newly-reformed puddle began to snake its way up the van, seeping into the cracks and lightly coating the exterior as it kept its profile as low as possible. The street was suddenly flushed with identical figures, the strange assortment of villains now rushing whomever they could get their hands on. It was only after the many clones had picked their targets that Boyle finally moved to strike, pulling himself up and away from the van as he leapt directly onto the figure atop it, wrapping over him like a gelatinous sheet.

"I hope you realize I was in the middle of a conversation," he remarked as he surrounded the villain's form, attempting to coat his entire figure and restrict his movements as much as possible. The two struggled against one-another, both falling from the van and onto the street as the villain continued attempting to remove what was, for all intents and purposes, a living net from his form. Their tumble caught the attention of several of the clones, who quickly rushed to the aid of their leader, attempting to grab and tug at the goo only for Boyle to turn nearly to water in their hands and drip onto the street. Several appendages began to wrap around the cylinders, slowly beginning to dissolve their connectors in an attempt to pull them free, though the increasing amount of busy hands continued to make that task a little harder than expected as portions of Boyle's form were sacrificed to bat the clones away.

"A little help would be appreciated! Kicking this guy while he's down, or...distracting the ladies! Either works, really."

Sjur "Balmung" Larsen
Sjur wasn't best pleased at the extra handy heroine ditching him but showing her up could wait until he'd dealt with the more immediate situation including the half-pint hero, she was dressed in a hero outfit that only made her look a little less like a lost child though she would hopefully be better than nothing. "Aww well that's nice." He said giving her a head pat before going to support her burden from the other side. "Let me get that for you." Peeking out of the hole where the window had once been he took a closer look at the staircase. "This your work?" He frowned at the sky wondering where the convenient sudden rainstorm had come from

Once the wounded man was safely in the hands of the paramedics Sjur looked at the other hero for a moment while going to help another survivor out of the window. "So what do they call you?" Seeing the way she was limping he glanced down at her leg noticing the gash. "You should at least slap a quick patch-up job on that before you bleed too much." Hauling another casualty upright he half-carried them out.

As he was coming back something on the floor caught his eye, before he knew what he was doing he had scooped up a high-end smartphone that had clearly been forgotten in the commotion. The owner has probably written it off as lost if they're even still alive, who'd care if it went missing? Feeling eyes upon him and a surge of self-loathing at the ugly thought he tossed it onto a mostly intact desk and went to assist someone else ignoring the way his hands twitched at the repressed urges.

Blackvelvet Blackvelvet Pipsqueak Pipsqueak

❖ ACT I. CHAPTER I – What Is A Hero?| West 34 Street, NYC ❖
Roman Walker
「THE SPARTAN」
Roman stood on the sidelines, watching as a group of grown ass men and women argue when there was a crisis currently underway. He sighed, the vibrations of his voice further vibrating off the metal giving it a metallic tone as he shook his head. "Aren't the lot of you suppose to be heroes, we really don't have time to be arguing" He said, as he leaned on a lamp post, far enough away that no one could hear his words. As far as he could tell, no one was moving in the van at the time this was all going down, or at the very least they would have picked up on some signs of movement. Roman looked like he was relaxed but in fact he was being cautious, not getting to close to the van just in case, He had heard this guy was some sort of bomber from the chatter on the radio, he probably could easily make a bomb of of the van's engine and take the lot of him out. He knew these crazy types, they were more than willing to let themselves go down in a blaze of glory just to take a couple heroes with them.

Roman however was far from a hero, hell he barely even had powers. He was a lab experiment, artificially made in order to sate someone else's insanity, he wasn't like the rest of the people here. He was an enhanced person, but still a regular person, he couldn't melt metal inside of his body nor did he have the bravado to dive through the windshield of a moving vehicle. Roman still remembered that facility, day after day of injections and tests that gave him seizures at best, time and time again when his body felt like it was on fire, like he was going to die from the sheer pain. It was his experience in that facility that pushed him into the life of being a vigilante and then later into being a hero but he sometimes felt as if he wasn't meant for this lifestyle. But the powers and the suit don't make a person a hero, sure he had the means to help others but it was him personally that decided to do that. But still he had no time for this senseless yapping when there were villains that needed to be put into cuffs.

Roman stepped forward seeing as no other of the so called heroes were making a move, and held out his arm in front of him. He began to press a few buttons on what seemed to be a touch screen built into his armor. "M.A.R.S., search the van" he said. A small drone, with it's name painted in red letters on it's side, disconnected from his back and began to move towards the van. Mobile Armored Recon System, or M.A.R.S. for short, a sturdy little thing that was originally developed by his fathers company to locate survivors in area's of natural disaster where it wasn't yet safe for other people to enter. He wondered what his father would think of him, using a tool with such a purpose to catch crooks... When Roman first started out as The Spartan he would often request equipment from the head of technological developments, a surprisingly young guy with bad taste. After he found out the equipment was being used by Spartan all of his equipment began to get bad code names like this, with Mars being the war god of the romans... even though Spartans were Greek. Incidentally his motor cycle W.A.R. Horse stood for Weaponized Armored Ride, and he additionally had the Ballistic Ordnance Weapon or B.O.W. for short. All Roman could do was shake his head whenever he was delivered his requested tool. Luckily for him, some of his earlier tools and weapons, his spear, shield and armor didn't have these sorts of weird names.

As M.A.R.S approached the van and explosion went off and the scene began before Roman's eyes. It started with the guy thought to have been taken down getting back up and then three explosions going off in succession, followed by a small army of the same person rushing of of the van. "ORACLE, set WAR to non lethal suppression and focus on those who try to make a break for it, avoid all designated Heroes, call back MARS" He said with the same metallic ring to his voice as he shouted into his mask. "Roger" a female synthetic sounding voice rang out in his helmet, almost like siri but not quite, "Switching to Rubber bullet suppression, recalling MARS" it said. The motor cycle revved up, turning on it's own and lining up two cannons on the front of the bike. The Bike proceeded to fire rubber bullets at any of the clones that went off course and tried escaping, that way it wouldn't accidentally hit the heroes as they tried to take out the villains. Roman sprung into action shortly after his drone returned to him. While he had his gadgets he still preferred hand to hand combat after all and these clone chums seemed weak enough that he'd be able to take them on fairly easily. He rushed into the fray and began to engage in combat with the army of clone.

coded by yukitera & khocolatte | designed for valorous order: insignius blade

Roman stood on the sidelines, watching as a group of grown ass men and women argue when there was a crisis currently underway. He sighed, the vibrations of his voice further vibrating off the metal giving it a metallic tone as he shook his head. "Aren't the lot of you suppose to be heroes, we really don't have time to be arguing" He said, as he leaned on a lamp post, far enough away that no one could hear his words. As far as he could tell, no one was moving in the van at the time this was all going down, or at the very least they would have picked up on some signs of movement. Roman looked like he was relaxed but in fact he was being cautious, not getting to close to the van just in case, He had heard this guy was some sort of bomber from the chatter on the radio, he probably could easily make a bomb of of the van's engine and take the lot of him out. He knew these crazy types, they were more than willing to let themselves go down in a blaze of glory just to take a couple heroes with them.

Roman however was far from a hero, hell he barely even had powers. He was a lab experiment, artificially made in order to sate someone else's insanity, he wasn't like the rest of the people here. He was an enhanced person, but still a regular person, he couldn't melt metal inside of his body nor did he have the bravado to dive through the windshield of a moving vehicle. Roman still remembered that facility, day after day of injections and tests that gave him seizures at best, time and time again when his body felt like it was on fire, like he was going to die from the sheer pain. It was his experience in that facility that pushed him into the life of being a vigilante and then later into being a hero but he sometimes felt as if he wasn't meant for this lifestyle. But the powers and the suit don't make a person a hero, sure he had the means to help others but it was him personally that decided to do that. But still he had no time for this senseless yapping when there were villains that needed to be put into cuffs.

Roman stepped forward seeing as no other of the so called heroes were making a move, and held out his arm in front of him. He began to press a few buttons on what seemed to be a touch screen built into his armor. "M.A.R.S., search the van" he said. A small drone, with it's name painted in red letters on it's side, disconnected from his back and began to move towards the van. Mobile Armored Recon System, or M.A.R.S. for short, a sturdy little thing that was originally developed by his fathers company to locate survivors in area's of natural disaster where it wasn't yet safe for other people to enter. He wondered what his father would think of him, using a tool with such a purpose to catch crooks... When Roman first started out as The Spartan he would often request equipment from the head of technological developments, a surprisingly young guy with bad taste. After he found out the equipment was being used by Spartan all of his equipment began to get bad code names like this, with Mars being the war god of the romans... even though Spartans were Greek. Incidentally his motor cycle W.A.R. Horse stood for Weaponized Armored Ride, and he additionally had the Ballistic Ordnance Weapon or B.O.W. for short. All Roman could do was shake his head whenever he was delivered his requested tool. Luckily for him, some of his earlier tools and weapons, his spear, shield and armor didn't have these sorts of weird names.

As M.A.R.S approached the van and explosion went off and the scene began before Roman's eyes. It started with the guy thought to have been taken down getting back up and then three explosions going off in succession, followed by a small army of the same person rushing of of the van. "ORACLE, set WAR to non lethal suppression and focus on those who try to make a break for it, avoid all designated Heroes, call back MARS" He said with the same metallic ring to his voice as he shouted into his mask. "Roger" a female synthetic sounding voice rang out in his helmet, almost like siri but not quite, "Switching to Rubber bullet suppression, recalling MARS" it said. The motor cycle revved up, turning on it's own and lining up two cannons on the front of the bike. The Bike proceeded to fire rubber bullets at any of the clones that went off course and tried escaping, that way it wouldn't accidentally hit the heroes as they tried to take out the villains. Roman sprung into action shortly after his drone returned to him. While he had his gadgets he still preferred hand to hand combat after all and these clone chums seemed weak enough that he'd be able to take them on fairly easily. He rushed into the fray and began to engage in combat with the army of clone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back