• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom My Hero Academia (BNHA) (Ignore post /view count!)

Plot A or Plot B

• A

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • B

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Neither, I'll comment

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sometimes they do enforce post orders, not usually a great idea though due to the issue of players ghosting.

As for maximum posts in a day I have never seen it done. Most people can't even post once per day anyway, and the few that do are either in an environment where that's expected or are, by my experience, told off not for posting too much in one day, but for posting too much without letting other players have an edgewise.

I see! I am not sure if either ideas are a go at this point. I've seen both implemented outside of RpNation, and they certainly do have setbacks. Post orders seem the most dicey, and having a max limit may still not be useful. We rely on our fellow players to be considerate with their posting momentum in order to not leave other people in the dust, but it's also important to avoid players being held hostage by someone who is ghosting etc. Thank you again for your insight! And also for dealing with my thank-yous haha.

In my other BNHA RP, everyone was posting so fast I couldn't even comprehend how they were doing it.
As somebody who has lots of free time because they work at home, they were posting faster than I could. Which is to say many paragraphs per post and multiples posts per day. Also we had probably too many people. I think we had maybe over 15 people or atleast 10. And people did multi paragraph posts multiple times per day and the amount of pages that occurred in the span of like 1-2 days is usually 4 pages. Which can be fine during specific events but all the time it was like that and it even got faster during things like battles or long story arcs.

Now I can totally keep up with multiple pages per day but when you have it at a certain point where you're required to read the equivalent of a short novel to keep up daily. I just don't know what to do. Most of my RPs only go through 2-4 pages per week, sometimes faster

Wow! That sounds dizzying, but this is very good insight! I believe the best way to curb that would be to limit the amount of members, but it can be a little difficult in this case because x number of roles need to be filled. I once participated in a Spirited Away rpg that had strict advanced literate requirements, and each player would post roughly 5-6+ detailed paragraphs per post, and by some bedeviled magic each would post 4+ times per day and there were so many members and characters that I became completely overwhelmed and spirited myself away haha. If you don't mind me asking, other than a member limit, is there anything you would have liked to see done differently so you could enjoy yourself more?

That is true, though I've never heard of anyone enforcing a maximum before. They have mentioned minimum posting previously in the thread though so I figured I'd mention it.

I wouldn't suggest putting a maximum unless the rp gets to be like what SomebodyElse was describing. I've been in those kinds of RP's and they are pretty annoying to keep up with. Though none of them were literate, they were all very simple posts, sometimes barely a sentence.

Oh yeah, my BNHA OC can work in either setting. so I won't be limitedno matter the choice.

Thank you for your suggestion about all starting at the same hero agency earlier! I will definitely take that into consideration, if we go the heroes vs. villains route that may very well be part of the structure.

I totally understand in regards to max/min. I really do think that I will need to keep a close eye on the posting momentum and handle it along the way if things are moving too fast. :)

Thank you all for your interest! I will keep working hard at creating a more concrete plot and will continue to post here and edit the first post. I really appreciate your time, feedback, and suggestions. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

This is a super early nudge, but does anybody have an OC in mind that could be suited to #1 hero? Just in case anybody sees this post while they shuffle by.

What are you looking for in a #1 hero?
Oh you know, nice personality, strong arms, a nice smile, has to like dogs- hahaha jk.

For the purposes of what I will call story A (heroes vs. villains) a good fit for the #1 role would be an OC with a very powerful quirk, a great media presence, lots of experience, and the trust of the people of course. There's a bit of wiggle room here to go a bit over the top with the quirk while still being reasonable. :)

SO! I'm plugging away here and I have a initial plot for a heroes and villains story, but I wanted to also solidify and share some basic ideas regarding a students and teachers type story line to see if anybody would like to give some feedback. These are mostly toying with whether to add villains into a students and teachers focused story, and how to do so. I have three ideas:
  1. Students and teachers focus only, mainly situated in U.A. school and dorms. Great for exploring student and teacher characters, this would follow the entrance exam, new school year start up, tests, tournament etc. If an outside group were to be added for conflict, this would be a small group of villains I would open up to members or controlled by myself.
  2. Students, teachers, and villains focus. A overarching villain (npc) is building their own academy under the guise of a new hero school, but their true aim is to take down U.A. This involves two groups, U.A. students and teachers vs. villain students and teachers. I've been in an rpg like this before and it was interesting but requires a strict member/character limit.
  3. Students, teachers, and small group of villains focus. Same as story 1, but villains are infiltrating the school under the guise of students spearheaded by teachers who are also infiltrating. This kind of mixes idea 1 and 2, and makes for some interesting mystery elements if done right.
Either way (and I so appreciate you reading!) I will post two plot lines tonight (one heroes & villains, one students & teachers) and continue working on other elements of the rpg.

I hope you are having a wonderful day! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I have a hard time seeing players really pulling off 3 (people tend to unfortunately fall to the temptation to metagame too easily when it comes to spies and such), but both 1 and 2 seem pretty nice. On one hand, traditional might be best since you're starting out, plus it's usually healthier for an RP to keep the players together. On the other hand, number 2 has more novelty, it's definitely an idea I hadn't seen done before in regards to this fandom.

I'll throw my vote in 1 for now, with a half-vote for 2. I think staying simple for now probably works best while we're still figuring out the group dynamic.

One and two are good choices but my strongest point would be going towards the former because its much more traditional and this will give the newcomers an idea of what to expect from not just the rp, but also the anime itself.

So...

1 is OC School year.

2 - Villain School Vs Hero School

3 - A villan headmaster tricking a entire system of students & teachers to on day destroy U.A.

Right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back