• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom My Hero Academia: Black

Delinquent

The Bee's Knees
So lately I've been rereading My Hero Academia and realized that hey, letting 14-year-olds train to become superheroes (especially when doing so involves everything from having them fight giant robots to each other) is kind of fucked up when you think about it. Which got me thinking that it might be fun to run a roleplay based on a darker take on the setting.

In short, the idea is to take the general setting of My Hero Academia but make it more darker and edgier. So we take all the things that the manga kind of sweeps under the rug (i.e the ethical concerns about hero schools, quirks that ends up doing their user more harm than good, the treatment of people with no or weaker quirks , etc). and put more of a focus on them.

As far as the plot goes, this roleplay will start the same as most MHA roleplays, i.e with our characters taking the entrance exam to a prestigious hero school. Now, I know that kind of starter tends to fuck over characters that aren't combat-focused which is why we won't be using the same entrance exam as the manga, and instead use one that can give even the more support-oriented characters a chance to shine.

Other information that might be good to know:
  • Minimum posting requirement will be once every four days (so roughly twice a week)
  • Minimum post length will be a paragraph
  • Also, I just want to be clear with this from the get-go. This rp is gonna be a fair bit lower on the power-scale than most MHA roleplays. Like, I really love the idea of quirks (i.e simple and rather straight-foward powers like having engines in your legs or invisibility or making things float) and I feel like most MHA roleplays tend to go for something more akin to the powers seen in things like DC and Marvel (i.e big and flashy powers with so many fucking different abilities that All for One would be green with envy). Now, as you probably can I tell I vastly prefer the former and will do my best to ensure that the quirks in this rp is more in line with those.

I've made myself hate the hero macadamia with a passion over the past few months, but this looks promising.

I like this concept a lot, because a lot of dark stuff could definitely be done with the setting! and lower power RPs are just better in most ways, leaves more area for character focus rather than just kaboom shit

My dark idea of this would be how they would of militarized certain quirks, you imagine if it's genetic that the flame guy and the ice girl make a baby half and half capable of making things either very hot or freezing cold...

Wouldn't people be doing arranged marriages/surrogate mothers etc

If someone is capable of producing oil, the American government would kidnap them. I imagine all the people without a license to use their quirk are breaking the law whenever they do so? I'm not caught up on the lore.

I like the idea but more enthusiastic players can take my spot. I'll take one if there's space after aha

Last edited:
Id love to play a character whose quirk injures them, or even look at how people with physical mutations are treated.
"Sorry sir, if I activate my quirk.. My gravitational pull to the earth gets multipled as well as the area around me... myself and anyone three feet of me will be forced to the floor and find it hard to breathe"

I think this rp could be a winner

"Oh my sweat... literally burns as it touches oxygen, I am not participating in PE today because I will literally turn into a ball of flames... sensei."

Last edited:
thinking of a character who can shapeshift but only into grotesque abominations, they're shunned because of it

If we're talking characters I was thinking of a character who can make temporary hardened armor out of his blood. Of course the act of using this quirk is extremely painful, since the blood is forcing it's way through the skin

Well then if we're on the topic: I thought up a character who can create moss by touching stuff, but the plant can't sustain itself too long and drains the user of water with each use.

Hellu I'd like to add to the topic if you guys don't mind.
I'm thinking about a character who can sense and read any tech-related items within a certain radius such as computers, cellphones, and the likes but he will received electrical shocks based on how complicated the device is, and how big of an action he wants to take.
For ex: He can easily turn a TV screen on and off since it only gives him a small shock, but to make it flash a message or to short circuit it, the voltage will increase incredibly.

Gurl I've got an oc whom I love dearly. If there's still room, I'd love to join. Her quirk is that she can turn her body into bugs

Hmm i have a few ideas for characters depending on the final feel/level.

One would be able to Telekentically Control precious metals and gemstones, with the lower its purity the harder it is to control.
One would simply be able to distribute their body weight at will.
One would be able to have all body fluids replaced with Inks/Paints and able to generate such with the more stressed they are the more that comes out.
One would be able to turn to be a Humanoid phone.

If any of those work.

Sorry for not responding sooner, been a bit of a busy day. Anyway, as there's plenty of intertested people I'll have all the threads up on Saturday.

One would be able to Telekentically Control precious metals and gemstones, with the lower its purity the harder it is to control.
One would simply be able to distribute their body weight at will.
One would be able to have all body fluids replaced with Inks/Paints and able to generate such with the more stressed they are the more that comes out.
One would be able to turn to be a Humanoid phone.
The body weight one sounds pretty interesting.

Gurl I've got an oc whom I love dearly. If there's still room, I'd love to join. Her quirk is that she can turn her body into bugs
Yeah, there's still room.

If we're talking characters I was thinking of a character who can make temporary hardened armor out of his blood. Of course the act of using this quirk is extremely painful, since the blood is forcing it's way through the skin
Well then if we're on the topic: I thought up a character who can create moss by touching stuff, but the plant can't sustain itself too long and drains the user of water with each use.
Hellu I'd like to add to the topic if you guys don't mind.
I'm thinking about a character who can sense and read any tech-related items within a certain radius such as computers, cellphones, and the likes but he will received electrical shocks based on how complicated the device is, and how big of an action he wants to take.
For ex: He can easily turn a TV screen on and off since it only gives him a small shock, but to make it flash a message or to short circuit it, the voltage will increase incredibly.
All of these ideas sound great.

I wonder how many people are already in the roleplay, because wowee it looks like there are lots. If there's still some room that I can slip into, let me know. I have a character that can make plants from her own body, but it can be extremely painful and even fatal if she over uses it.

I wonder how many people are already in the roleplay, because wowee it looks like there are lots. If there's still some room that I can slip into, let me know. I have a character that can make plants from her own body, but it can be extremely painful and even fatal if she over uses it.
That sounds like a more powerful version of the quirk I had in mind. :v

Users who are viewing this thread

Back