• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia: A New Generation (Closed for now)

Characters
Here
If the flick of Jet's ears was anything to go by, he was thoroughly unimpressed. "Alright."

That response was much too... not-worried for it to be the end, even as he reached down to pick up the fallen redbull can. "If your only concern is the box, then I'll take it up and you can go clean that nasty gash on your forehead. You know where the bandages are." Carefully, he reached over with one of his lower arms, brushing some bloodsoaked hair away from Gray's face with an unamused snort.

Though, his voice did soften some when he added "It's barely the start of the year, kid, can you try to avoid bleeding out on the floor until at least mid-semester? If just so both of us can avoid Recovery Girl's wrath? And yes, that includes letting up on the energy drinks. You need sleep, kiddo."

His tails flicked. Gray was just about as accident-prone as one could get... also having the poor habit of falling asleep near sharp objects. Sue him for caring; he wasn't bothered by those who told him he got too attached. It's both his honor and his job to care for the students he teaches. That's what a teacher's supposed to do.

Adults in general are supposed to care.

So that's what he's going to do.

“Nice to meet you. First thoughts was cat… so with your tail its chimera. Now venom is a tricky thing because depending on how much is injected will depend on how deadly it is. Not all scorpions can kill but their stings can be painful most will use then to hunt their prey or defend them self and removing its stinger can be deadly for them. So in Suzuki-san case he could use it to keep his opponent at bay because of its quick strikes or he could use or as a way to defend against a surprise attack.” She said looking between the two interested in their quirks before looking at Rihi.

“A good example of a quirk evolving is someone unknown with a water quirk. From what i read She was able to manipulate water but somehow she had evolved and was able to use water in its other forms in the form of mist. And ice. What triggered the court will evolve is still being learned about.” She said once more.

Last edited:
Shizune didn't really know how to answer, for she never really had a kind of food that she'd deem as her favorite. Thinking to herself, she was able to remember one dish that stood out to her. "Apple pie," she answered. Although she only had it once, she did enjoy it very much, which is telling of how much she enjoyed it. Perhaps she'd be able to have it again at the school, she thought to herself. She decided to ask Shoko the same question. "And what's your favorite food?" She asked her. Shizune was quite interested in what Shoko had to say.

kakemha kakemha
“Apple pie huh?” Shoko pondered, she was trying to remember if she remembered how to make the dish. “I could probably make it, although the last time I made it, it was very messy.” She reminisced when she first tried baking. “Hmm, to be honest, it’s hard to choose. I like all different foods, but I love Katsu Curry!” She said, mouth slightly watering from just the thought of the food. She added to her to do list to try to find some good Katsu Curry around here. Another question came to Shoko mind, she remembered that teachers here in UA were pro heroes. “Do you know any of the heroes that are going to be our teachers?” Shoko asked Shizune. She realised that a lot of famous pro heroes could end up being their class’ teacher, she could end up fangirling hard.

Opus Opus ((Soory for late reply, was really busy-))

Rumi's smile was almost perpetual. Sure it didn't usually reach her eyes, or light up the room, or really change depending on her mood- or any of that; but it didn't falter. That was nice right? Even when she slept. Which was honestly pretty creepy to see. The glimpse of pointed teeth through her lips didn't help much. Still a nice smile though.

" Mmm," the sound coming from her throat was somewhere between a groan and a question. Rumi stirred under the comforter ( lazily tossed over the un-made bed to allow her to nap as soon as she made it to her dorm)

Yes, leaving for UA was one of the largest changes to ever grace her life, and yes she slept through quite a bit of it; but that's just what happens when your number one hobby is sleeping. That was beside the fact that she had made it over quite a bit sooner then most of the others anyway- considering she hadn't seen anyone when she arrived.
They must have been here now though, if the conversations coming from the common room where anything to guess by.

"...mn time.." she muttered, throwing her legs over the edge of the bed.
She had only been asleep for about an hour, still dressed in a rather wrinkled " girls uniform ", hair disheavled and sticking to her cheek, and eyes only half way open.

Her room was on the boy's side of the dormatory. She had tossed a D20 to choose, 1-10 would have been for girls side; and she rolled 14. Such was fate.

The door to her room opened and shut silently ( Rumi still wasnt really used to a *non*-squeaking door ) and she made her way down the hall to the common room.

It seemed quite a few students had gathered already. Cherry red pupils moved lazily across the room as Rumi noted each arrival.

Most of them looked relativly average, a few had extra apendages- tails ( and...what was that? A tentecle? ) Though most impressive were the wings.
Rumi dragged her tongue absently over one of her large, pointed canines. She never did try flying before...

" Helllllooo fellow fellows," Her cheshire grin gave a clear view of each sharp, oversized tooth as she rubbed the last bit of sleep from one eye.
Rumi motioned a wave with her hand , to none of them in particular.

" Which one of you knows where to find the kitchen in this place," she was hungry after all that napping afterall.

Giving a faint wave back they slowly make the way over to the individual in question, listening unsure on what input she should give to the conversation before her attention was drawn by yet another new arrival. "Oh Hello, just got in myself so going to need to ask rest of them for a tour....cant be too hard to find though i guess"

Suzuki Toshio
Feeling a bit self-conscious at Rihi's staring Toshio withdrew his tail. "Well the venom mainly just paralyses for a while, I guess too much would be bad but that would take a lot." Trying to redirect attention he showed off his claws instead. "I'm also a bit stronger and faster than normal and can use these for climbing."

Looking to shift the focus to someone else he looked at Tokino who had it seemed followed him and was sticking to the edge of the conversation. "Well how about you? What's your thing?" He couldn't see any signs of a mutation type quirk like himself or Asuka which meant it could be just about anything from turning into a mini kaiju on demand to shooting streams of matcha tea from her nostrils.

Thankfully another distraction also showed up in the form of a...girl? who's own teeth put his feline fangs to shame. "Erm I ain't all that sure, ain't even found my room yet." He gestured to his bags sitting nearby.

“Apple pie huh?” Shoko pondered, she was trying to remember if she remembered how to make the dish. “I could probably make it, although the last time I made it, it was very messy.” She reminisced when she first tried baking. “Hmm, to be honest, it’s hard to choose. I like all different foods, but I love Katsu Curry!” She said, mouth slightly watering from just the thought of the food. She added to her to do list to try to find some good Katsu Curry around here. Another question came to Shoko mind, she remembered that teachers here in UA were pro heroes. “Do you know any of the heroes that are going to be our teachers?” Shoko asked Shizune. She realised that a lot of famous pro heroes could end up being their class’ teacher, she could end up fangirling hard.

Opus Opus ((Soory for late reply, was really busy-))
Shizune said, "Katsu Curry is pretty good." She'd have it occasionally, and did enjoy it quite a bit. Shizune then answered Shoko's question, "Hmm, I don't know." She still couldn't believe that she'd have real pro heroes as teachers. She discovered while she was applying to the school, pretty late for most students to come to that realization. So she hasn't quite gotten used to the fact yet, but held in her excitement as to not appear as a fool in front of Shoko. "I hope whoever we have is a cool hero," She added, feeling a bit chipper.

Tokino took mental note of both quirks as they were described. She hadn’t caught the third person’s quirk entirely- but she could make guesses by the girl’s folded wings at her sides. She was a bit deep in thought about the three before she realized she hadn’t even had the decency to introduce herself yet. She was granted the perfect opportunity to do so when Toshio directed the spotlight to her. She cleared her throat before she spoke, “I’m Fujisaki Tokino, nice to meet you all..” she put up her hand in another short wave before continuing, “ah, my quirk? I can control heartbeats.” She moved her hand to her ear tentatively, “I can hear them too.” She wasn’t sure if she should elaborate on that- she didn’t want to give everything away. Surely the details were irrelevant? If anything, they might be able to see the similarities from her late mother’s quirk- who’d been the pro hero Bloodshot when Tokino was just a child.

To her relief, everyone attention was pulled to a new presence, a girl who‘s presence sucked the attention of the whole room. As she’d done with the rest, she scanned the new person, her focus immediately landing on her teethx or rather fangs. If she thought Toshio‘s were long, this new person’s fangs were huge.

The longer she stayed in the student lounge the more people began to come in to put their food away or talk. she smiled at them “I am going to have to excuse myself from this conversation, I need to finish getting my dorm room situated as well as feeding my pets. So I hope we can chat more later after I finish unpacking” she said as she bowed once more before walking out of the student lounge and back to her room.

Walking back to her dorm room for a couple of minutes. Putting the key in to her door she unlocked it to see her parents were almost finished with the wall paper so she set about getting her cloths, school supplies put away so that she would have less boxes in her room and not have to deal with it later. Once that was out of the way she set her task to getting her budgie cage, foraging tree, and toys set up so they could have some time out of their traving cage. After that t she would get to work on she snake’s terrarium so she would not be stuck in her traveling for more than she needed. Nodding to her self she set to work at her tasks so that she could see her family off later.

Heartbeats? To be honest, that was sort of scary. If Tokino was able to make hearts stop at will she could cause some serious damage, or even kill. Everyone's quirks were incredible, and they really made Rihi feel like he was at an elite school.

Which, he kinda was. UA was incredible, and he had to remind himself that he had passed the entrance exam fair and square and he wasn't just loitering around in the middle of gifted students.

This year really was going to be something else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between talking to his new classmates and finishing setting up his room, the first day passed in a blur, and soon enough it was the next day and their first class. Rihi ended up showing up twenty minutes early, mainly because he had been so anxious about oversleeping he set his alarm clock at such an ungodly hour there was almost no one in the cafeteria for breakfast. He quickly picked a corner seat in classroom 1-A and passed the time memorizing the timetable.

Mondays to Saturdays started with homeroom from 8:25 to 8:35. After that, they had a variety of classes one would expect a school covered, like Math, History, English, Literature, and others. Lunch was from 12:30 to 13:20 for the entire school, and then, until 16:10...

Hero classes. Specifically tailored to prepare them for everything they might encounter in that profession. He was both panicking and looking forward to it. Thought, maybe the first day was different? He wasn't sure.

The clock over the blackboard soon reached 8:25, and not ten seconds later, a man entered the room. Rihi immediately recognized Pro Hero Tectonic as he walked to the front of the room and leveled the students with a scrutinizing look. "Everyone has 7 seconds to sit down," the man said in a commanding tone. Once the class quieted down, he continued. "My name is Kojima Daichi, also known as Tectonic, and I'll be your homeroom teacher this year. First thing to know about me, I suck at names. So from now on, the seat your gremlin butts are touching will be yours for the rest of the year. Or until I get fired, whichever happens first. Front left," he said, pointing to his right, "will be number one. Next to them is number two, and so on, until number four. You," he pointed at whoever was behind front left, "will be number five. Etcetera, etcetera, if you have a question about this ask after class, and if I find out someone is switching seats to mess with me the whole class will get extra homework and I swear you're not going to like it."

He waited a few second for the info to sink in, before placing the bag he was carrying on his desk and unzipping it. "Here are your gym uniforms. Each is tailored and labelled. Find yours, get changed in the locker room, and go to the field. We're going to do some training. You have fifteen minutes, and every latecomer will do 20 laps across the whole school. Dismissed."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kojima was the first on the field. Expected, since he didn't have to change. As the students arrived, he ordered them to stand in a line by the numbers he had just assigned until the twenty were here.

Plus one. Or rather, two.

He ignored it for now, and with a hand movement, a pedestal of earth raised in front of him like a makeshift desk so he could deposit the other items he had carried in the bag: several small bells, their radius barely the size of the pink part of a fingernail, each with a string that could be used to tie them around something. "Alright, pack of gremlins. Come over here and pick two bronze bells and a silver one. You can get rid of the strings but the bells better remain intact. Once you have them, return to your place in line and hide them wherever you want."

That said, he finally looked at the only other adult there, keeping part of his attention on the pedestal to make sure no one cheated. "Seraph," he greeted, raising an eyebrow at the man in question and motioning to the black-haired boy next to him. "Why are you bringing a support gremlin here? Get rid of him before he gets himself killed."

Last edited:
It took Lan exactly four an a half hours to locate the dorms and drag his luggage up to them. Another half an hour to unpack everything. Another to get everything to meet his standards of tidiness.
To say he was not having a great time at UA would be a drastic understatement; and by the time the ordeal was completely over and done with, Lan was exhausted enough to pass out face down on the floor of his new room.
So yeah. Not exactly the greatest way to spend his first day at school.
Hopefully the second would be at least marginally better.

Lan woke at 5 AM on the dot without any need for an alarm, a perfect time to have a light breakfast ( though he normally skipped it, missing dinner last night was not doing him any good in the hunger department ) and take a shower before starting the day.

It took him five minuets of staring at a shampoo bottle before Lan realized he couldn't read it. He didn't have his glasses. His glasses were broken. He needed those for class. Fuck.

-----

Chikara Kim's first day was pretty normal, he thought. His new classmates were kind of boring to talk to, but their quirks were cool- and they weren't assholes, so that was nice.

His second day was not quite so streamlined.
It was 5:30 AM when the phone by his bed rang. What the hell.

" ...Hello...?" His speech was slurred with drowsiness, and his vision still too blurry to read the caller ID.

" Kim," H. Holy shit. IT WAS LAN!
Kim's eyes widened as he sat up in bed.

" Woah! Long time no see- wait, I'm not seeing you right now either- uh. Long time no talk- I guess, " It had been a long time since they had seen each other in person, but not since they talked. The whole family ( minus their mom, who was busy ) had dragged Lan into video call just before Kim left the airport.
The original plan was to have a day out with all the brothers once Kim made it back to Japan, but some villain's escapades had put a dent in the schedule as a stalled plan left Kim scrambling just to make it to UA in time. In the end Kim had only had time to meet with Lee and Luc while Tai took Lan to the campus.

" Yeah, sure, whatever... Hi," Lan tacked on the greeting after a short pause.
" Do you-" he attempted to continue, but the hope of having a concise conversation was quickly dashed when Kim opened his mouth.

" Holy damn do you always wake up at 5:30? That's insane- Wait fuck did you have a nightmare? I can-"

" No, I didn't have a fucking nightmare; I wouldn't call for a nightmare because I'm not an 8 year old. And I woke up at 5. Do you have the spare pair of glasses Lee made you bring? " Finally a complete sentence was said without either party interrupting the other.

"... Dude..."
" I didn't call for commentary, Kim. "
" You broke them on the second day? "

There was a pause on the other end of the line.
" I broke them yesterday. Do you have the spare or not? "
Kim tried and failed to suppress a laugh at that.

" Yeah yeah, come to the cafeteria before class ok? I don't feel like finding wherever they put the first year dorm,"

------

Lan did go to the cafeteria before class and retrieve his glasses. Whilst dodging embarrassing gestures of physical affection from Kim.
The whole ordeal really would have seemed pretty awkward to any bystander passing by, given were not aware of Kim's near inability to feel embarrassed about anything.

The younger brother finally escaped with the help of the first bell, a classic trope brought to life. Amazing.

Other than the whole " Glasses escapade " and Kim's cooing the second day was starting out pretty well.

Lan picked a seat he deemed "perfectly unremarkable" and sat before the teacher arrived, but not by very much- the man entered the class just a few minuets later.

"My name is Kojima Daichi, also known as Tectonic, "
Lan didn't really know much about pro heroes, despite his attempt to be one, and the fact that most of his family had gotten jobs in the industry, so the name was new to him.

"and I'll be your homeroom teacher this year. First thing to know about me, I suck at names. So from now on, the seat your gremlin " ( Gremlin? He called them Gremlins?? ) "butts are touching will be yours for the rest of the year. Or until I get fired, whichever happens first. Front left, will be number one. Next to them is number two, and so on, until number four. You," he pointed at whoever was behind front left, "will be number five. Etcetera, etcetera, if you have a question about this ask after class, and if I find out someone is switching seats to mess with me the whole class will get extra homework and I swear you're not going to like it."

Lan counted the seats, he was in 13.

"Here are your gym uniforms. Each is tailored and labelled. Find yours, get changed in the locker room, and go to the field. We're going to do some training. You have fifteen minutes, and every latecomer will do 20 laps across the whole school. Dismissed."

Ah. Ok. Physical activity time, hell yes. Lan was ready to go. Less ready to change in front of the rest of the guys, but oh well.
He retrieved the uniform and hurried to make it to the locker rooms, and hopefully change as fast as possible; because- well. It just so happened Lan had a lot more scars on his torso than any 16 year old had any business having; and he didn't really like them, or like having others see them.

He switched out and made it to the field pretty quickly, so that was nice.

------

Rumi retrieved their gym uniform and made it to the lockers with little fuss.
Though they did stand outside of them both for a moment trying to figure out which one would be more appropriate.

Well, their dorm was in the boy's section- so they went with the boy's locker room as well.

Unfortunately, it took them until now to realize the Gym uniform had short sleeves.
God damn.

They barely made it. After a run to recovery girl's office to discreetly request some bandages ( god they hated running ), and a quick wrap around their forearms- they made it to the field just in the nick of time.
Still smiling, they leaned their hands on their knees as they struggled to catch a breath.

"Alright, pack of gremlins. Come over here and pick two bronze bells and a silver one. You can get rid of the strings but the bells better remain intact. Once you have them, return to your place in line and hide them wherever you want."

Rumi retrieved the bells, and after a few moments of consideration, stuck them in their mouth.

Once she was in her seat she listened to the teacher as she threatened them with extra homework if they decided to mess with him if they swopped seats. Oh how that tempted her to do just what he said just to screw with him for calling them gremlins but she did not want the rest of the class mad with her unless some one looked very similar to her and were willing to do it. After a few more minutes they were told to get their gym uniforms and go get changed.

Doing what she was told she changed her cloths and met back up with the teacher out side, Finally outside where she had more space she open and stretched her wings to the full length since she was unable to do that earlier before closing them once more.

Alright, pack of gremlins. Come over here and pick two bronze bells and a silver one. You can get rid of the strings but the bells better remain intact. Once you have them, return to your place in line and hide them wherever you want."

Collecting her three bell she held on to them not waning anyone to see where she hid them because something told her that these bell were important for some kind of test. That resulted in ether stealing, or preventing the bell from being destroyed. Since they produced sound she might need to keep the bell from making a noise to keep them from being located on her. If that was the intention to start with then she would hide them in three different places to make them harder to find. After some thinking she hid one bell in her sock, one in her pants pocket and one in her feathers after making sure people thought she was figiting instead of hiding the bells.

Shoko was in her seat and listened to what their teacher had to say. He seemed a bit intimidating to Shoko but she had to push that feeling aside if she ever gonna survive her stay here at UA. Hearing him say that they had new gym uniforms made Shoko excited, she had seen photos of them before but she has never actually seen them up close. She took her assigned gym clothes and headed out to change. Once she was changed and ready, she tied her hair in a bun and headed out to the field where she saw people gathering and waiting for their teacher's next instruction.

Hearing the instructions, Shoko went and picked up her bells and thought about where to hide them. He did say hide them wherever we wanted, it didn't have to on them. She was assuming that the point of the bells would be to get them, so she would think so different places to hide them. She tied one of them to the strap of the tank top she was wearing underneath the gym uniform and made it look like she was adjusting he clothes. She hid another one in her hair since she was wearing a bun and made it look like she was fixing her hair. The other one she decided to bury. She pretended to stretch and she dug her heel into the ground and sneakily put the last bell in the hole. She covered up the bell with more dirt. She then continued to stretch and waited for more instructions.

Suzuki Toshio
Thankfully managing not to be late to his first day Toshio quickly hopped into his designated seat, despite the apparent grumpiness of their homeroom teacher his tail excitedly waved behind him until he realised it was probably a bit of a nuisance for anyone sitting behind him and tried to keep it still. No sooner than they had sat down however they were up again and told to go get their gym gear on, in the changing room he noticed the toothy person he had taken for a girl the previous day and gave them a few curious looks.

Out on the practice field Toshio felt a touch of nostalgia as the small bells appeared, listening to Tectonic's instructions he hummed slightly. Hmm that's not quite how it went in that show. Taking his bells he tied one bronze through a belt look and the other to the collar of his top ignoring the irony of being part cat and wearing a bell there, the silver meanwhile he carefully tied to one of the quills on his tail, if as he suspected someone was meant to try and grab it they'd have to able to get past the other quills first.

As Shizune was picking her seat, she thought about where would be the best place. She decided on one of the seats in the second row, rationalizing to herself that it'd help her focus on what the teacher was saying without putting any attention on herself. Though, she'd have to get used to attention if she ever wanted to be a hero. As the teacher started talking, Shizune listened, a bit scared of the way he was talking to them. As the teacher told them to get into their gym clothes, she took some and then went to go get changed. Changing her clothes, she thought about that name, "Tectonic." The name didn't sound familiar to her, which gave her a slight bit of disappointment. Since they were going to be training, she figured she needed a mask. So she took two, and put both of them on her back, with the strings holding onto her body.

As she was finished changing her clothes, she had gone outside to the field. She awed at the size of the field, it was grand. But then again, everything is grand at U.A. The teacher had told them to take the bells and hide them. Though, she didn't really know where. Clasping onto the small bells, the size standing out to her, she knew where she wanted to hide them. She elevated her hand while keeping the bells inside her palm. Then, one bronze bell trickled down into her sleeve like a child on a slide. She did the same thing for the other bronze bell. And assuming that the silver bell would be more important than the two bronze ones, she put it in the collar of her uniform. "This should do," she thought to herself.

Sitting to the middle of the leftmost column of seats Kami casually watches the birds fly by as she waits for the class to start. Thinking back to the previous night she really should have voiced up more but with the number of people and how fast the conversation had gone she really hadn't found room to do so, instead simply standing and listening with a soft smile before departing to set up her room with the few items she had brought with her.

She gives a faint chuckle at the entire number thing until she realizes which she fell on and just groans "Ku it is i guess, welp hopefully not a sign of things to come...." shaking her head, her hair flows around softly for a moment before she raises from the seat though strangely enough there appears to now be a 九 carved in across the chairs back. Grabbing the uniform in question she seems to be walking back to her seat in question before slowly sliding open the window and just hopping out seemingly to freefall down below.

Instead of the expected crash, however, there was more a soft cushioned descent as something seemed to have caught her fall, along with her now appearing within the Uniform in question though leaving the upper garment open as she casually strolls to the field to await the rest of the people and then collect the bells. The bells in question however seem to vanish shortly after they are taken in her hand, making no sound as she walks back into the line for her number 9 position. She didn't really know what he had in mind for the test itself, not unless he was going to copy that old fishcake manga.

Gray held back a wince at the dreaded ear flick—half expecting to be dragged all the way to the nurses' office over a minor cut—but relaxed when met with the only slightly better alternative of dragging himself there... at least this meant he could avoid, as Jet had put it, 'Recovery Girl's wrath' so long as he grabbed what medical supplies he needed quickly (something he got better at every year).

Of course, this didn't him from heaving a short, frustrated sigh that echoed Jet's snort in volume. "You know, I did sleep in today," He mumbled as he handed the box over with a small stumble that only narrowly avoided spilling parts across the floor. If nothing else, his aching back would thank Jet for taking the load off.

"And I wasn't bleeding out last year; Recovery Girl said I was on the floor cause the caffeine overdose made me dizzy." His hand absentmindedly rose to wipe at the gash—only really succeeding at smearing the blood around—and Gray was inches from brushing it off on his uniform before he realized it was red. "But, uh— yeah." He held it cupped awkwardly in front of himself, with his head neck tilted so that anything that sluggishly dripped from the cut would fall onto his fingers rather than staining the floor. "I'll go get cleaned up." And, with that, Gray turned and retreated back into the crowd—head bowed like a puppy that had just been scolded.

~~~

He did not sleep in late the next day. In fact, he scarcely slept at all. The majority of his night was spent reconfiguring the gears of a prototype one last time before they got field tested. The only reason he finally did end up snatching a few hours of rest was because his alarm to feed the stray cats that always seemed to gather behind Class 3-F's dorm went off and—by the time he brought a bowl out for them—Gray (correctly) guessed that he probably wouldn't make it back to the lab without passing out.

Which was why, Gray explained to his first teacher of the day, he accidentally slept through the lesson and yes he was very sorry and no the bandage on his head had nothing to do with it and he didn't have a concussion, he promised.

Gray would've been worried about having the same problem when he went to watch the training today, but a quick stop by the cafeteria before heading out awarded him with an energy drink that should tide him over for the moment so long as it didn't get confiscated. He was halfway through swallowing a gulp of it when Tectonic complained to Jet about him.

"Um— excuse me, sir—sorry—but Jet didn't bring me." He flipped to the inside cover of his notebook—where he had taped his permission slip—and held it out like a shield between himself and the teacher. "Nezu assigned me to Class 1-A specifically for a— a new program in the support department. For more personalized costuming. He said I could watch the trainings for research."

~~~

Getting changed, it turned out, was far harder than it should've been (Pip was really beginning to regret forgetting to add anything to the extra notes in his uniform request paperwork—thankfully, he'd at least remembered to mention the tail). He was used to ripping holes in his clothes to make room for spikes, but—unlike most things he did—he usually spent quite a bit of time making sure it came out right due to the sheer amount of shirts he ruined when he didn't.

In the end, he simply threw the shirt on over his spikes and tugged on it until they poked through—something that he would, undoubtably, suffer for later when he had to take it off.

Once he finally made it out to the field, Pip was quick to grab his bells, and even quicker to come up with the perfect idea for where to hide them.

A light grey ooze gathered around the bases of every spike on his arms—seemingly sourceless. It twisted and curled, defying gravity as the spikes seemed to shift within the pooling liquid. Slipping downward like they had been placed in melting wax until finally they—along with the ever-increasing volume of goo—dripped down to the ground and solidified into a form that would be recognizable to anyone that had spotted Pip the previous day.

Spike's... well, his spikes (Pip usually thought of them as quills for simplicity's sake) chirped together in a cheerful greeting.

"Hello," Pip answered back in a deep, churring trill that sounded almost like a cricket had discovered a cup and decided it was the perfect place to sit and scream. "Hold for me?" He held the bells out for Spike to get a good sniff.

Instead, the dog proceeded to swallow them whole.

"...Close enough."

It was an entirely painful few minutes of working their way through the crowd (almost getting stepped on by some lizard-looking fucker in the process) before Hi managed their way to their room, which, thankfully, was on the ground floor of the girl's dorms. Meaning they didn't have to walk their way up the stairs, which, similarly to the elevator, was also swarmed. This also was probably safer than being up on a higher floor.

With a careful opening of the (irritatingly) non-squeaky door, they surveyed the room (it smelled of sanitizer and was decently protected just by virtue of design).

They didn't even set anything up, leaving the walls and floor plain, the bed bare—save for the bag they threw onto it, and didn't even put anything on the dorm-room dresser that they assume was left as a gift for any future tenants.

All they did to modify the room was drape a heavy blackout curtain over the window, set up a hammock stand in the blind spot of said window, and kicked a door-stopper into the front seam of the adjacent door.

They could never be too careful.

After a moment of pause, they surveyed the room and moved the bed in front of the window. Yes. This was better.

With a (small) loud bell placed on the handle of the door, they were satisfied.

Yes. This was as safe as their resources allowed it to be. A quiet sigh followed as they picked up the sound of someone entering the room to their left. Sleep was going to be a rare commodity for the first few weeks, huh?

They settled down to do some research on their phone.

-----

They were up early (skipping breakfast like any reasonable teen), and thus, had time to snoop (they didn't find much aside from two people making out in the halls. Now that was something they'd love to have wiped from their brain). Of course, as always (well, not always), the extra time doing something mischievous almost backfired in that they were at the opposite end of the school by the time their alarm went off to signal to get their butt in a chair.

Well, they managed.

Sort of.

They had just barely skidded into class and sat down (in the best spot to avoid getting shot should there be an emergency; chair eight) before the teacher (Tectonic was his "name", though the word had an odd rhythm to it and they thought he could have chosen something a little less grating on the ears). He proceeded to call them "gremlins", which was a word Hi liked much better than "Tectonic". Then he dropped a bag of gym uniforms on the table and all hell broke loose as students ran up to get their stuff.

Hi slipped their extra tie into their sleeve.

After the swarm had thinned, they grabbed their own uniform and headed off to the girl's changing room, making some decent time in their opinion, especially since they took the time to slip-knot the tie around their waist under their shirt.

Never go without a weapon.

They were given bells.

Interesting.

After a moment of deliberation (read; watching the other students place their bells), Hi stuck the silver one in their mouth under their tongue, tied the collar of their uniform around another, and put the last in the open-fold of their tie, shoving it down to the tip.

Yes. This was good.

-------------

Jet startled as he was addressed, wings fluffing. He'd landed on one of the light-poles of the training grounds to watch the first-years (as he always did on his off-periods), and there was a moment where he was about to speak before it clicked.

There was only one support student that had the audacity.

"Um— excuse me, sir—sorry—but Jet didn't bring me."

Jet swiveled around, raising up to his hind legs to look down at one Graymin.

He restrained a lung-straining sigh.

"Nezu assigned me to Class 1-A specifically for a— a new program in the support department. For more personalized costuming. He said I could watch the trainings for research."

Of course.

Kojima took a step forward to better read the slip of paper the kid was holding up. He wasn't involved in the support department's shenanigans so he didn't know about what kind of projects their teacher put them up to, but there was enough information written in there to give him the gist of the situation. Couldn't they have informed him directly he was going to play babysitter for one more gremlin? "Well then, as long as you're here, better make yourself useful," he decided, placing a hand on Luca's shoulder to guide him to a position where all twenty hero students could see.

Time to start.

"Listen up, you gremlins," he spoke, voice loud and clear. "This will be your first graded exercise. When I give the signal, your goal will be to collect as many bells as you possibly can. Rules are simple. First, do not leave this area." As he said this, he raised a hand, and the rocky outlines of a rectangle about as big as a football field rose up from the ground, half of the terrain made up of grass or dirt fields and half of it covered in trees. "You leave this field, you're disqualified. You severely injure someone, you're disqualified. You cause any harm to the support gremlin, you're disqualified. And he has permission to get close enough to count the hairs inside your noses so you better learn fast how to fight next to civilians without getting them killed."

This said, he ignored Jet's loud protest squawk and lifted the only bells left on the pedestal: five golden ones, three times as big as the bronze or silver he had given the students, and almost impossible to conceal. "At the end of the exercise, you will present your bells. Bronze is worth one point, silver three, and gold one hundred. You will be graded on how many points you get, and those disqualified get a zero and will have to write an essay on how not to fuck up basic orders." He looked at each student in turn, tying the strings of the golden bells around his right wrist. The implication was clear: if anyone wanted one of those, they would have to fight Tectonic himself.

Which would be usually impossible for teenagers, no matter how strong they were. 'Usually' here being the key word. There were several hidden parts to this exercise, and he'd be watching who were the ones smart enough to uncover what they truly had to do to easily succeed.

But the teacher wasn't nice enough to give any more hints. One step, and three things happened simultaneously.

First, the pedestal he had raised went back to the ground, as if it were never there.

Second, an enormous sandstorm started to rage around Kojima, immediately engulfing everyone there. With him in the center, it spread to a dozen meters in each direction, mercilessly buffeting anyone choosing to stay within its influence. Of course, with two exceptions: Kojima himself and Luca, who was granted a small area of calm that would follow him where he went, without ever being touched by a single grain of sand. The other students though? Not so lucky.

And third, Kojima's voice rung across the field as he yelled a single word: "Start!"

Rihi immediately closed his eyes when the sandstorm hit, quickly growing a protective cover over them and his nose and mouth before daring another glance around. When he picked his bells up, he had tied them around his left elbow and grown bone and skin over them so they wouldn't fall or be easily stolen; his left arm was now thicker than his right one, but he couldn't think of a safer place, and he was glad he wouldn't have to constantly be checking on them.

First things first. He grew the parts he had the most practice with: four thick tendrils sprouted from his back like octopus tentacles, the upper two ending in holes and the lower two in spider claws. The sandstorm gave him a small advantage for now, as not every student would be able to counter it, so he quickly chose a direction and ran, ready to strike anyone who exited it after him and who might not yet have regained their bearings after the teacher's attack.

Last edited:
Asuka was caught off guard by the sudden sand storm that came from no where she wrapped her wings around her preventing the sand from getting in to her eyes as she pulled out some goggles to put over her eyes to protect them and pulled her shirt up over her nose and mouth as a mask. Then she heard some one yell “start”. Opening her wings up while stretching them out she gave a few hard flaps and took to the air to get above the sandstorm and out of range of close combat so that she could figure out a her next step.

Unless the opponent was weaker than her it would not be a problem to fight one on one but with stronger opponents it would be suicide unless you have partner or a team and work together. Taking in consideration that they all had two bronze bells which are one peace and one silver that are three points. That meant every one had to have a total of five points with only the strongest holding the gold bells which were 100 points a peace which would mean their teacher held the gold bells but to go up against a pro hero alone would be useless she needed to find at least two allies to help her get a jump on the teacher. One person that came to mine was Rihi if she could locate him in this sand. In all truth she needed to get back in to the said while trying to avoid being attacked to locate him and see if he would be willing to make a compromise if they team up. Dropping back into the sand storm she hardened her wings to protect herself as she began to weave in and out of the other students attacking when she saw an opening would sneek in and take a bell with out their notice but if they were alreadly down she would move them to a safer location.

She now had a total of 6 bells but still has yet to locate Rihi to discuss her idea with him or others who might agree her. Ambushing the teacher was not going to be easy but with luck or teamwork they might be able to each snatch a gold bell.

Last edited:
When the sandstorm started, she braced herself. She then had a plan pop into her head. She doubted that all they had to do was get bells, that seemed to easy for the hero course. She used the sandstorm as a distraction so she could sneak into the forest area of the supposed "arena". Since their teacher never said they couldn't move the bells once the fight begun, Shoko removed the bells from her body and tied them up to different branches in different trees. She then climbed a different tree and got situated. If she was correct, Kojima-sensei was still in the same spot as he was when the sandstorm started, he would be in the heart of it. She perched herself on a sturdy branch and sat at the point where the brach and trunk met. She focused on the spot where she though Kojima was and tried to invade. She knew the distance was going to push her limits, but she was willing to go past her limits. She focused and she was able to successfully invade his thoughts. All she had to do now was try and read his thoughts to find the true purpose of this activity, and maybe some other useful information. She knew she wouldn't have long until the static would start, so she had to work fast.

Well, Hi mused as they shut their eyes hard against the abrasive scraping of the sand, this sucks.

They half-spread their arms in the meantime; the sandstorm had caught the edge of one of their eyes and they were making sure that it got the sand out before they had to fight. The wind all felt like it was going one direction. Like a tornado.

But tornados drew things in.

Turning to face the strongest part of the wind, Hi tied their extra tie around their nose, keeping the part with the bell within easy reach. Damn this hero school and its open-ended teaching. The quirkless student slunk through the shifting sand, miniscule beads of crimson blood pooling on their exposed arms. It ran haltingly in tiny rivers between the lines of their skin only to be brushed away by more sand as they traveled.

They emerged out of the raging sandstorm facing the forest with their feet in the sand, their eyes still closed and their skin stinging with phantom particles shattered rock. They didn't even try and wipe their eyes off as they opened them, knowing it'd only make the oncoming pain worse.

And painful it was, bringing a few tears to their eyes as the organs desperately tried to get rid of the nasty obstructions—preferably before their cornea got slashed. They didn't know what was in the sand, but it could be anything from malachite to glass... both of which sharp.

Hi wasn't given much time to recover.

Something whizzed past their ear, causing them to immediately fall into a crouch to find where it came from only for the same thing to come back around and slam into the base of their shoulder. It hit the ground behind them and Hi took a moment to glance back at it. It was a rock. It wasn't powerful by any means, which is the only reason why Hi was able to roll out of the way of another projectile without much issue.

They watched it go.

Sure enough, it turned in the air, losing no momentum as it swiveled to direct itself back from whence it came... into a bush. Okay. Not subtle.

It had to be someone's quirk... but it couldn't have been a Geokinesis; they would have used it to get out of the sandstorm—or tried, at least—and the wind would have shifted. So, probably not long range. Hi stepped out of the way of another rock... and that same rock went back in the bush.

Okay.

New plan.

Hissing at the raw skin of their arms, Hi stalked forward, watching for the slight twitch of the bushes that precede the emergence of a rock.

This was a trap.

And Hi knew it.

The person who'd been throwing the rocks rocketed out of the bush, throwing pale brown stones all the while they were in the air. They never hit their mark. Hi, in their low stance, brushed a hand against the loose, dirty sand of the training field, closed their eyes preemptively, and threw it.

The shriek of pain was all they needed, and Hi zeroed in on the sound of the other student landing on the ground, lunging immediately. The jerking, jostling, wrestling feeling of hitting another body sent sharp, sizzling adrenaline up their limbs. Something sharp tore at their neck, and they identified it as another stone, aiming for the tie currently wrapped around their face.

Damn, they knew where the bell was.

Hi's eyes snapped open as their opponent clawed at their neck, both of the two hissing and spitting like feral cats as they rolled around, their legs locked together in a stubborn stand-off with nothing between the two but bare hands and the disgustingly dull human teeth. But Hi was going to win this one. Their eyes had caught on the silver bell tied around the other's neck, the thin wire looking much like fishing line in the way it glinted in the light. They had a target, and just as their plan of attack solidified in their mind, the other made the fatal mistake of allowing their arm to linger for a moment too long near Hi's neck.

They didn't hesitate.

Teeth met flesh as they bit down on their opponent's arm, tangy maroon dripping into their mouth lazily, where it pooled around their own bell.

The student under them was so busy writhing that it let Hi clip the silver bell from their neck as they pulled away. Gods, did Hi miss not having to fight hand-to-hand. They spat out the blood in their mouth, keeping their silver bell between their teeth as they did so.

They left the other student there clutching their red-oozing arm.

That shouldn't be a serious injury; it barely bled.

They slunk into the forest, footsteps quiet even on the fallen leaves.

Lan had no idea what to do in this situation honestly. He didn't bother hiding his bells, keeping all three clasped in the palm of his hand as he ran towards the tree line- he couldn't see much with the sand in his eyes, but he knew enough to avoid sticking around- whether or not he could see.
Yeah, everyone would head for the trees; obviously- they were the best place to ambush anyone dumb enough to let their guard down; but he also didn't have a choice.
Not only did Lan look like easy pickings, he factually was. In this sort of situation- a healing factor would do hardly any good, and he was still weaker than any other person with a strength enhancing quirk.
Oh yeah, and the fact he couldn't even turn the stupid thing on without using it to help someone else.
All in all, he was good as quirkless. Quirkless and incredibly small.

Shockingly enough, his sprint did prove successful. He made it to the tree line without butting heads with any of the others, or loosing a bell. His recent hobby of early morning runs must have been doing wonders for his lung capacity- he wasn't nearly winded yet.

He could give up here, say his quirk isn't suited for it and take the F.
But what would be the point in that? Lan hadn't survived this long to cry about his quirk now of all times!
So he did the only thing that was left to do when someone thinks they have a snowball's chance in hell; his best.

His best, seemed to include stepping in a puddle of something- cold and sticky?
Jello?

" Hey! Brat, you still have all your bells? " a girl's voice called from above him. Lan looked up fast enough to pull something in his neck.

The slime girl, he had seen her in passing but never got her name. She had climbed onto the branch of a tree, three bells floated around in the jelly that made up her head.

" Like I'd loose them two minuets in," he bit back an answer, lifting a fist- soft ringing chimed as he did so.

" Hell yeah! Thanks for saving them for me, brat!" and with that her body became sludge, dripping down the trunk and reforming again inside her gym uniform.

------

Rumi flinched at the sudden onslaught of sand, bringing his arm over his eyes in a weak attempt to retain some vision.
Okay so that's how it was gonna go - got it.
The obvious plan here was for him to head to the forested area; his quirk wasn't well suited for combat- so ambush, right? Wrong.
Rumi had a different plan.

He ran to the clearing ( god damn cardio, what's with all the running today? ) and waited for his fish to take the bait.

One, two, three- a clap sounded and Rumi was launched forwards, skidding to a halt on one knee. Sand scattered around him- not from the storm, he had passed that already.

" Wooooow, you're really gonna be rough with a girl like that? For shame!" Rumi smiled, the light glinted dangerously off of his teeth.

" S-Sorry! I don't men anything personal by it- It's just- "
Oh- It was Haku-Chan, Rumi had met him yesterday, though she never quite caught his quirk until now. His hands were still together from the clap, and it made it look like he had clasped them to apologize- which was honestly quite funny.

" Wait- No this is a test- were fighting each other, and I'm not sorry about it-" he corrected himself. His posture straightened, and he opened his palms to clap once more.
" Uh- um. Hand over the bells and I'll let you go without fighting! "

He was tall- that was sure, and his quirk would make it difficult to get close enough for Rumi to bite.
But Rumi was pretty sure he had one up on Haku-Chan in the naivety department.

" ...Okay,"

" ...Okay?" The taller parroted back, disbelief evident in his voice.

" Yeah- okay, sure, your quirk just isn't a good match for mine, and I know when to quit my dude, just let me keep my bronze bells and I'll give you the silver- no questions asked,"

Benjiro's face lit up at the suggestion- he didn't even bother to push for all three bells.

" Okay! Sounds good! " He lowered his guard and moved forward to help Rumi up, the latter accepting gratefully, before pausing and opening their mouth.

Into their palm they spit all three bells.

"...You put them in your mouth?" Haku-chan muttered in disgust, Rumi didn't comment as he picked out the silver one, put the other two back in his mouth- and grabbed onto Benjiro's arm with both hands, earning a squawk of surprise from the boy.

Benjiro tried to clap, but Rumi's body was in the way - keeping his palms from touching. Any further attempts would have been too late, Rumi clamped down on his arm, barely drawing blood before he let go.

As soon as he did so, Benjiro clapped his palms together loudly, sending them both backwards and kicking up a sizeable cloud of dust.

When it finally settled, the silver bell sat alone on the ground by Benjiro- Rumi had taken the chance to make his escape.

As the teacher was explaining the exercise, Shizune had expected what he said. She was getting a little nervous at the thought of it, but then she had am idea. Before she could even think of the flaws of her plan, Tectonic had whipped up a sandstorm. As the sand started whirring around, she used her hands to shield her eyes. While the sand was obstructing the view of the tree-ridden half of the track, she was still able to stagger over there. As she ran through the trees, she began to get worried. "What if I fail and get a bad grade?" She thought to herself. She slid on the dirt, hiding behind a tree. She checked to see if anyone was around her, and was in the clear. Her plan was to hide somewhere and use her quirk to get the bells. Granted, it wasn't the most creative nor the smartest, but she was growing desperate. Taking her mask from her back, she took a deep breath. After hesitating for a bit, she put on the mask. As she felt her body go numb, it all began to go black.

She was now possessing the mask. As she turned around, she saw her body unconscious. She had done this multiple times, yet she always feels as though this is a new thing. She began to fly around in the mask, to see if she could find anyone. Though she was wary of going too far from her body.

The day before had been a somewhat tiring one- from new people to a new environment, but Tokino wouldn’t go as far to say it could be harder than anything they’d face in the upcoming classes. After all- these courses were designed to make heroes. They wouldn’t be easy.

Tokino’s theory about hard classes was confirmed on the first day, when the teacher had entered the class. His whole demeanor screamed that he was a great teacher, but his classes would be something Toki hadn’t seen before. First off, he called his students gremlins. Of every little nickname, the pro hero Tectonic had settled on gremlins. I mean, she couldn’t blame him. Or argue with him for that matter. The whole gremlin thing wasn’t even what threw her off, it was being called individually by their seat numbers. She didn’t know how long she could go being called ten. In any case, she didn’t have long to think about it before uniforms were passed out. As soon as Tectonic tossed them onto his desk, it appeared everyone fought to grab theirs. Tokino stayed a bit to the back- they’d all get to the same place eventually, right? That was, unless she was late. She wouldn’t allow herself to have to run laps.

-~-~-

After changing, Tokino took long strides to the field. Upon arriving (on time, thankfully) their teacher lifted a pedestal from the ground effortlessly, using it to hold a variety of items. Most noticeably- a set of bells. It was soon explained exactly what the bells would be for, further assuring Tokino that this course would be difficult. She stepped up to grab her own set of bells- two bronze and one silver- before pausing to decide where she’d place them. Her debate ended in tucking a bronze into her chest, a second bronze into her sock, and the silver would be displayed around her neck- tucked into her shirt for a bit of obscurity.

She patted the bells lightly, the only one that had the ability to jingle was around her neck, though it wouldn’t make much noise if she didn’t move too much. She returned her gaze to her teacher, who was tying another color of bells around his wrist. ‘So those are the real target, hm?‘ She took careful note of their placement before being caught rather off guard by a sandstorm that appeared to pick up in an instant.

Tokino automatically shielded her eyes with her arm, her eyes barely open to try and deduce a way out. The whole arena was cut in two- she was sure everyone knew that much. A forested area and an open area. Considering her quirk, it’d be best to ambush someone, right? So the forested area would be the smartest move. Unless- most people would probably go in that direction. She could hold someone off on open ground if she was careful- but it was a risky move. If someone got close, she was as good as failed. If she could, she would have sat there and thought about it a while longer, but this storm was a violent one, and she’d be swept off her feet the moment she let her guard down. Without putting too much more thought into it, she pivoted and used a burst of speed in going towards the trees, hoping she wasn’t caught in someone else’s ambush before setting her own.

She kept herself running until she reached an area that was a bit farther back towards the ends of the.. arena? For lack of a better term, an arena was basically what had been set for them. She scammed around before finding a tall, thin tree. Tokino wrapped her thin arms around it and hoisted herself up, pulling and pushing her small frame into the nook of a branch. It wasn’t the most original idea, sure, but she could detect approaching heartbeats from here and slow them before they got too close. If she was able to put them into just enough of a relaxed state...

‘Ah. But those gold ones are what I’m supposed to be after, right?’

Shit. She’d have to think of how to get through that storm while she was here, and hopefully before anyone else. Most people were probably already executing their plans while she was wasting her time in a tree. She frantically searched her brain for ideas on how to get to those bells. After all, her victory depended on those points, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back