My first OC here on RpN 》》feedback more than welcome!!

Lost...

It's dark in here...
My first OC also my favorite OC idea as of yet, one I use semi often and she is quite versatile. She would mainly be used for modern and slice of life Rps. I also based my username off her name.
[IMG='width:105px;']https://www.rpnation.com/data/attachments/458/458669-cfd3834fcf6a3ca7f46cb417d0d82d5b.jpg[/IMG] [IMG='width:109px;']https://www.rpnation.com/data/attachments/458/458670-2340bdf342a0e0908959c2c24e9530b9.jpg[/IMG]
《《General》》
Full name: Skylark Cliff Michaels
Name: Skye
Nicknames: Cliffy, Mike, Sunshine
Reasons for nicknames~
CLIFFY~ from her middle name, only for close friends
SUNSHINE~ a name her brother calls her

Species: Human
Nationality: Caucasian
Sexual orientation: Straight

《《Appearance》》
Eye color: blue-green
Hair color: blonde
Skin tone: tan
Height: 5'3"
Body shape: lean and muscular, very athletic

Skye has always dressed for comfort and functionality over cuteness and fashion, thats part of her growing up with just a dad and brother without a ton of money. She also nver cared much for makeup and saw it as somewhat bothersome though she does occasionally wear some basics when she feels like it, or for special occasions.

《《Background》》
Everything in her life was perfectly normal until Skylark's mother, Jenny, died when she was two after getting very sick. Her mother's death caused for Eugene to start drinking more and more until he was thoroughly addicted. However, over the course of a few years, he managed to bring it back under control and stop drinking all together. This few years made Skye swear to herself never to drink a lick of liquor in her life, though it didnt turn out all that bad, she still didnt want tha bump in her road.

Skye started school and did pretty good. Without her mother she was always a bit of a tomboy, but nobody seemed to mind much. She wasnt necessarily valedictorian, but she kept her grades to As and Bs though she excelled in Math and Recess( haha), until High School where she learned and began to more seriously persue sports.

After graduating, she decided to move out of her dads house and move innwith her brother and his fiancé to begin to be a bit more independant while she got more money for an apartment or other place of her own, she is still searching.

《《Relationships》》
Father: Eugene Scott Michaels
Mother: Jenny Roselynn Michaels
Brothers : Garrett
Sisters: N/A

She dated a bit, but she never stuch with one guy very often and only had two real boyfriends, neither relationship lasted much longer than a couple of months. So she's single and up for dating.

《《Likes/dislikes》》
Skye always enjoyed Sports and music more than anything else. She played the violin I In the school orchestra but she truly loved to play the guitar and sing along. She was a trackstar and ran the hurdles and did pole vault as well.
She doesnt like big crowds and gets rather claustriphobic when around them she also doesnt love being alone, especially in the dark. She also despises people who act like they are better and above the rules. Though she enjoys freedom and wont hesitste to break small rules here and there, when it comes to larger, more important rules and common courtesy, she's a bit of a stickler.

Last edited:
She also despises people who act like they are better and above the rules. Though she often encourages people to "screw the rules" she still thinks they have some level of importance and some are truly meant to be followed
Unless she hates herself this is downright a contradiction. It feels to me like you have some conception of the complexity you want the character to have on the matter of rules, but as it stands in the way you worded it she is basically just bipolar on the subject, which is just bad character design. I recommend making a clear boundary between the kind of situations in which she thinks "screw the rules" and those where she thinks ill of those that don't follow them.

Everything in her life was perfectly normal until Skylark's mother, Jenny, died when she was two after getting very sick. Her mother's death caused for Eugene to start drinking more and more until he was thoroughly addicted. However, over the course of a few years, he managed to bring it back under control and stop drinking all together. This few years made Skye swear to herself never to drink a lick of liquor in her life, though it didnt turn out all that bad, she still didnt want tha bump in her road.

Skye started school and did pretty good. Without her mother she was always a bit of a tomboy, but nobody seemed to mind much. She wasnt necessarily valedictorian, but she kept her grades to As and Bs though she excelled in Math and Recess, until High School where she learned better and began to more seriously persue sports.

After graduating, she decided to move out of her dads house and move innwith her brother and his fiancé to begin to be a bit more independant while she got more money for an apartment or other place of her own, she is still searching.
Very good simple backstory. A little drama, but not too much of it, so kudos to you!

There isn't a personality to speak of here, which is always a detriment in my opinion but I do know there are those that disagree with me on this matter so I won't berate you for it.

I'd say that you can kind of push back a little on explaining her name. An Oc just needs a basic overview. When you're roleplaying you can go more in depth and establish the rest of your character there. Don't put to much on your character so you can have the ability to experiment with your character. Overall it's a good start.

Thanks for the feedback; I probably worded it weird, but what its supposed to say/mean is that some rules she believes can and should be broken but there are also some rules that are important and there to keep one safe and thy should be followed. So she only says 'screw the rules' to some extent if that makes sense.
Thays a good point, I'll try to add and give her a an bit of personality and cut back on the explaination of her name!

Thanks for the feedback; I probably worded it weird, but what its supposed to say/mean is that some rules she believes can and should be broken but there are also some rules that are important and there to keep one safe and thy should be followed. So she only says 'screw the rules' to some extent if that makes sense.
I don't particularly like that version either, as it doesn't really say anything about any concrete circumstance, but I guess it's not a contradiction anymore at least.

What if I included a circumstance such as, 'no hats indoors' or 'ditching class' is more of a rule that can be ignored and bent while rules like, 'no smoking in a public place' is meant to be followed. Unless you have a better way to word that, im sort of at a loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back