• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy My dreadful occupation [RP OPEN] [~2 SLOTS MAX~]

(If you're interested in role playing with me I recommend getting to know some of my OC's which you can do Here, You don't have to but I would appreciate it and it'll make some more sense I think. Thank you!)

I pursed my lips as I stood on my usual branch, high up on one of the trees in the forest of dead trees. The darkness of the dark world was quite beautiful. However, the events that are supposed to happen today make such beauty dreadful. I looked down at the piece of paper in my hands, official seal and all- Assassination request papers. Today was supposed to be my day off but of course when working for the dark prince- I suppose days off hardly exist. What bugged me more was that I only had a picture to go off of. No location, no name, no details, just one single photo. Per usual from the dark prince "As requested via offences of treason" the paper stated.

Sometimes I wonder how many people who've committed treason are actually innocent. Knowing the prince, he's very strict and merciless. I shrugged that thought off as one does with any official assassination request. "Xia" I said holding my arm out in front of myself summoning my shadow. My shadow bent and contorted behind me before it formed into its familiar crooked and creepy smile on the tree bark behind me. "Yes Master?" they asked promptly. "I need you to scan the area, find the nearest shadow ravens and track their memories. Look for somebody that looks like this." I said holding up the photo. Xia nodded their head. A blanket of darkness suddenly covered a 10 mile radius, I couldn't see a thing at all what so ever. It continued like this for a good ten minuets. When it left I felt something on my shoulder. I looked at Xia in a very unamused manner, a shadow raven was sitting on my shoulder. I tried to shove it off to which it responded by crowing in my face then promptly seating itself on my hat.

"Xia!" I yelled at my shadow rather annoyed. "Sorry master Ink! My sincerest apologies." they said before grabbing the bird from my hat and shoving it down their throat in a flurry of blood, feathers, and very sharp teeth. The question of how a two dimensional being can reach into the third dimensional world like that continues to nark me, but I assume its magic like everything else can just as easily be explained by. I flicked a feather of my shoulder rolling my eyes. "So, did you find anything?" I asked, Xia shook their head.

I let out a begrudged sigh and shooed Xia away with a wave of my hand, my shadow slowly going back to its original form. I looked down at the picture again and then out at the landscape. Something tells me this assignment is going to be more than annoying. "Fuck it!" I said to myself and proceeded to climb down the tree continuing to swear and curse under my breath with every branch in absolute and utter irritation! Once I reached the bottom I started trudging my way out of the forest and towards the nearest town. I was going to the pub and nobody was going to stop me. Not the dark prince, not Xia, or my annoying friend Kaxi. I wanted to yell or scream or something. Knowing my neck is on the line if I don't show up to the prince with this person's dead body in the next 72 hours was scary enough. Then not only that they dump me with nothing but a photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back