• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings mxm - song-inspired premises!

satanael

it's showtime !
idk what i'm doin squirtle

OK SO i haven't seen anything like this 'round these parts, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. basically, i'd love to drum up a relationship dynamic based on the mood + lyrics of a couple of songs. if any of these strike your fancy, feel free to comment here or PM me? and please, please tell me how you interpret these songs; that'll be the crux of our plotting!

(yes, i will provide writing samples if you so desire).

1. I Only Love You When I'm Drunk -
    Don’t get me wrong last night I didn’t changed my mind
    It was the drink it was leading me by
    And when I kissed you it was such a big mistake
    A couple drinks, that’s a chance I’ll not take
    And if I can’t control all of the things I do
    I guess I better be leaving

a superficial relationship goes awry when one (or both) parties secretly start developing feelings?? say it ain't so!

2. Rearview -
    That quarter moonlight, rev up the engine
    The rusty neon glow, complain a lot, it's okay
    The city's just ain't the same, shadow of a brighter day
    You wonder where it went, though

sick and tired of the small town life, how far will the car get when fueled by broken promises and abandoned dreams?

3. A Sadness Runs Through Him -
    Time and again boys are raised to be men
    Impatient they start, fearful at the end
    But here was a man mourning tomorrow
    He drank, but finally drowned in his sorrow
    He could not break surface tension
    He looked in the wrong place for redemption

(So, I'm not going to post any initial thoughts for this one; I'm actually most interested to hear from y'all what kind of narrative you think this song might be telling).
quietly leaves this here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back