• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings MxM search (original ideas/characters only)

smolfluffball

Dork #1
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello! I've fallen off the roleplaying bus and would like to hop back on, so I thought I'd post this here and see if anyone was interested!

I'm looking for a person who will be patient with me and who has Discord so we can talk and get to know each other! I haven't been on this site in a very long time but am craving someone to create a fun new friendship and story with, so I logged back on and am going to stick around! I absolutely adore talking about characters with people and love to make friends, so if your into that as well than maybe I'm the type of person for you! I also like being able to talk freely about how the plot will go in roleplays and like talking about different ideas, but I also sometimes lose motivation to continue rping after some time. I'm going to try my very best to not fall back into this habit, but please be patient with me (or seriously remind me about replying or get me talking about the characters again, that gets me really motivated)!

Now, to actually get to the important stuff, aka the requirements!
  • I will only rp MxM. I'm sorry, but I just don't get as invested in MxF or FxF pairings as I do MxM. I am more open to them now than I have been in the past, and if you would like to rp a MxF or FxF pairing, I'm alright with having them be a side pairing!

• I want someone who can be patient with me and who will accept my post length (which can honestly be from a couple of paragraphs to an entire page), but I will never ask you to mirror what I write. All that I ask if that you have proper grammar and have at least a few paragraphs so I have stuff to reply to.

• I would like someone who is above the age of 18. I'm 20 and feel kind of awkward talking to people under the age of 14. If you're 16 or 17, that's okay! But if your younger than 14... I'm sorry. Some of my ideas can get very dark and I subject my characters to numerous things that are not appropriate for younger people, though most of what my characters have been subjected to happened in their pasts. Still, it's not appropriate for younger kids, and I would hate to ruin someones innocence.

• I need someone who is flexible with a plot. I don't like whenever a plot goes in only one direction - I find it rather boring and would probably lose interest pretty fast. I'm not saying you have to be really super sporadic, but some surprises here and there are nice! They keep the RP fresh and keep me interested. Also, I need someone who will talk with me about if they don't like the RP anymore. I have been guilty of dropping a roleplay before because I lost interest in it, and I never told my partner. I don't want to do this again and am more than willing to change a plot if my partner would want that. Heck, we could come up with an entirely new plot if you'd like! Just talk with me.

• To elaborate on the above - I love making new friends, and am actively seeking out some new friends! I tend to be a very open person, but I completely understand if you don't feel as comfortable sharing personal details with me. I'm just looking for someone who wants to talk with me and get to know me as a person and not just as a person who they roleplay with. I understand that this is why a lot of people are on this site, but the reason I dropped so many roleplays in the past is because my partners never showed much interest in me or never talked about anything other than the roleplay. It's nice to get to know your roleplay partner, and it opens new doors for both people!

• Important Notes: I'm trying to stay on this site more often, but will only consider you for a partner if you have Discord so we can talk over it. (I don't prefer PM's on this site, since they're not as direct as Discord, which is... a direct messenger...) I need you to talk to me about the roleplay and about characters, but I also need you to talk to me about things that interest you or about your life! I want to get to know you, and I would love if you would like to get to know me as well! (Though, being honest, I'm just a pokemon dork who has way too many original characters and loves musicals and my pets...) I also tend to joke around a lot and sometimes worry that people think I'm being rude, but I actually have social anxiety so I think that's probably why I worry! My friends have never said I'm rude and I always get people to laugh, so... hmu if you want to hear some occasional dumb jokes ;]) I can be very goofy and have a kinda weird sense of humor (but who doesn't?) and laugh at dumb stuff, and if I like ya I'll show ya dumb videos I find funny (be warned: they're all very dumb). I'm just a pretty bubbly and cheerful person, so if you're looking for a cool nerdy person to be your friend and who has all kinds of ideas for stories and roleplays feel free to message me!
ACTUAL PAIRING/IDEAS/PLOT THINGS (aka probably the reason you clicked on this)

• Note: A couple of these ideas will most likely require you to play two or more characters, but for most you won't have to play them at the same time! I'm okay with playing multiple characters and actually tend to enjoy it, as, in my opinion, it plays out more like a story, but if you're not into it as well just let me know and we can figure out a way to just have one character each! The vast majority of these focus on only a couple of characters, so don't be too alarmed! (I also very much adore siblings in stories!!)
  • Another Note: I'm kind of looking to develop a story with people! I love having something shared between us, and it makes me feel closer with people! Roleplaying is a good way to introduce new worlds and characters, but I'm looking for more development and investment in the thing we create and I need input about my ideas and I'll question and comment on your ideas!
  • Another Another Note (sorry): My favorite genres to write are fantasy, romance, drama, daily life, dystopian/post apocalyptic, fluff and... angst!! Many many of my original story characters suffer one way or another, and my friends will tell you in the past that I have not been that kind to my kids (my ocs, btw)... I've tortured some of them, killed the people they care about most, taken memories and... much more... So if you like angst but also like happy stories, I'm your gal.
And now... the ideas.

• My first idea stems from an interactive novel game by Choice of Games called The Hero Project! It's about a hero who gets into a game show called the Hero Project and has to compete against other heroes for a chance to get accepted onto a big awesome team, and I once upon a time made a story based around the idea of a heroic game show! I am very very very into heroes (not even because of my hero acadamia, which i need to catch up on...) and absolutely adore developing them and figuring out how people have powers and the boundaries of their powers and everything! I also like me some villains, but honestly I would only want to think about a villain if we both were super into the idea... The story could go any number of ways, but in my idea for it I had it so a hero was actually also a spy to figure out what the hosts real goal was and it involved a bad guy group and plans to take out a lot of heroes... In other words, it was all a lie! If we did this idea, I would, of course, not use any of the names from The Hero Project game and I create my own and follow different rules for the world! I would love love love so much to develop characters and the world a bit, since I think it has potential to be really fun!

• A setting I have in mind is a kind of run down New York. We could do something similar to the Newsies (a group of boys rebel against adults, basically) or something more serious and dramatic (maybe something with gangs). It could be a modern setting, or it could be in the past or even in the future with robots! I don't know what kind of plot we could do, but I think rebels rebelling against something would be really interesting and has potential for some serious angst! Especially if it was set in the future, kind of like 1989, with Big Brother and the monotonous life... (oh man, a reference to a required reading for school!).

• Another personal idea of mine is a sci-fy world! I have literally only one sci-fy story, but it doesn't have that much development and could use some help... Basically, the sun flared and scorched the Earth, so humans moved underground and now live in colonies! They've lived underground for several several years, and all of my characters and they're parents have never seen the sun! The story actually has darker themes to it, such as the government lying to everyone about a certain thing, and there are androids that people are actually romantic with... Kind of weird, honestly, but the androids are so human-like people can't differentiate between human and machine. There's some "damaged" androids that have souls, which makes you questions if they're really androids...? The setting itself is somewhat similar to how neon and glowey Blade Runner was, but there aren't a lot of high-rise buildings or flying cars because the underground only has so much space to go up. I like the setting and some of the development I've given to it, but my story idea isn't very solid and involves a run-away android named DAT who encounters a group of "delinquents" and how he has to hide he's a broken android and everything... It could use some help, or a totally new plot...

• Just a basic high school love story tbh, I love those! It could be a small town where everyone knows everyone, or something in a big school! Ohhh also college-aged characters are good! Don't have to just stick with high schoolers. (Perhaps something similar to Love, Simon/Simon vs. The Homo-Sapiens Agenda!) I have several several high school stories and love the stupid drama that happens in them. If you'd want, we could throw in fantasy elements, or totally mess with our characters and ruin their lives one way or another... Or we could just do a regular slice-of-life type story with a pairing and have fun with them!

• Not necessarily a plot or setting, but an idea! I love when characters are forced to work together for something and end up falling for each other. This could fit in with basically any setting, but some ideas I have are two thieves who ran into each other and one was being chased by a cop/guard/someone and then the other thief is recognized and they have to flee together to avoid being caught! Another idea is where character A reluctantly helps out character B with something (getting out of handcuffs after being unfairly arrested, or helping with a school project or getting looped into helping sell cupcakes for a bake sale) and then something happens and they're mistaken for dating or something? I'm not sure, but I really like the idea!

• I also quite enjoy princes getting into trouble, but don't entirely have a setting or idea to go along with it. I think a modern/futuristic idea involving princes would be interesting.

PAIRING IDEAS

• Pirates x merman. Or peasant x merman, or prince x merman, or just anyone x merman. Heck man, even merman x merman. I love merms and need work on drawing them!
  • Poor boy x Rich boy.
  • Stubborn x Apathetic.
  • Magic user x Non-magic user.
  • Annoying classmate/neighbor x New kid
  • Childhood friends.
  • Stranger x Stranger (who end up getting thrown together in a situation and have to work it out)
  • Betrayer x Former friend (think Fushimi and Yato from K Project).
  • Quiet boy x Extroverted boy
  • Lost one x Secure one
  • Stuckup x Playboy
  • Note: I'm more interested in my ideas above, but if you love a pairing and want to play it feel free to tell me! I've made characters just based on pairing ideas before, and some of them have turned out to be pretty decent kids!

PLOTS

• Option 1 - A pill that you can take to remember something that you've forgotten. Muse A takes the pills (possibly due to bad memory or because of something that's happened in the past), and one day he remembers Muse B. He doesn't remember exactly what Muse B was to him, but Muse A is determined to figure out and he starts investigating. Muse B, while all this is happening, watches Muse A and gets a kick out of his frantic searching. (This would most likely be a urban fantasty type plot. This plot could either go light-hearted or become very sad, depending on whatever way we decided to take it.)
  • Option 2 - Muse A and Muse B used to be close friends. Actually, no, they were more than friends. They were lovers. They were both going to join the royal guards, together, but then something happened and it tore them apart. Muse A betrayed Muse B and didn't join the guards. No reason was given. Muse A just suddenly disappeared from Muse B's life, and Muse B had to find a way to move on and accept the fact that Muse A was gone. A year after that's happened, Muse A appears at Muse B's doorstep asking for help. (This would be a fantasy plot, most likely, and the reason why Muse A is at Muse B's doorstep could be anything. I have some ideas for this, as I was going to make it into a story once upon a time.)
  • Option 3 - Honestly, I just crave want a Pokemon RP. I love Pokemon so very much and want at least two characters to go out together, catching Pokemon and battling bad guys and bonding and falling in love and being gay. I just... I want it so badly. I have numerous original Pokemon OC's and they have they're own story, and I even have a bad guy team and everything! Pokemon is just something I've been into for over a decade (damn, I feel old) and I would love if another fellow pokenerd saw this and wanted to roleplay some pokekids with me!!
  • (I have more ideas (i always have ideas for stories), but I have to go out soon so I'll just leave these ones here.)

* Bonus Points if your a fellow artist or a fellow nerd like me! I like anime and read gay manga and play pokemon, and I draw all the time! I also have lots and lots of characters and would love to talk about my ideas and your original ideas together!!! I like hearing feedback from stuff I write... But, honestly, I'm just looking for someone who has some similar hobbies as me and who wants to make our characters suffer develop them together! (For real man, if you can draw and draw our characters together I might just cry. I love seeing peoples art so much pls show me your art,,)

* Forgot to add: I will not RP NSFW unless 1) I am close with the person I'm RPing with, and 2) we do it over a different platform, such as Discord or Google Docs. Roleplaying any NSFW is against site rules. However, I would feel down to talk about any NSFW that happens between our kids over Discord. (Though, you have to be 18 or a legal adult in your country!!) I also am not too sure on action or horror elements, but I am open to trying them! (Though my writing for it might not be the greatest.)

My Discord is smolfluffball#1099. Feel free to add me, but please say you saw my thread on RPN, as I'm in a RP group of deviantART and might mistake you for someone in that! I always ask what pronouns everyone uses, and I also always ask what someone prefers to be called, so don't be too weirded out when I do ask haha. I personally go by she/her or they pronouns, and my name's Sammy! I don't have any kind of online nickname or anything - my names literally Samantha, but I prefer to be called Sammy or Sam online, since my family is the only one who uses my full name. Speaking of family, I love talking about my friends to my mom so... I might brag a bit about you if we become friends hehe.

:bishiesparklesl: I'm much more interested in my ideas section than anything else! Especially heroes. I love heroes. So much. If anything tickles your fancy, though, feel free to tell me and we can chat about it! I'm excited to hear from anyone who reads this ouo!!

Last edited:
aaa you seem so cool!

I would love to roleplay with you! I consider myself to meet all of these requirements (so humble, me,), and your plots seem so interesting!! I am an artist, so yes, i will draw our characters together as much as possible! I have skype, and love literate roleplays.

skype is markiplierisbae

Hello, I'm not sure if you've found your partner already, but if you haven't then I'd love to roleplay with you + get to know you, since you seem very nice and I think we have quite a few things in common, from your description alone! I have both Skype and Discord, but if you're interested I'll hit you up with a PM for those. I never actually go on forums to roleplay, I use those or tumblr messaging for doing that. I love art and draw my characters and others' 24/7, and love talking about my characters and other people's so much aaah, I've been looking for somebody to do that with for a while. I actually might have to say I brainstorm too much. And um, if you want to and request it, I could send some samples of my art?

I'm also totally down for Pokémon roleplay (I haven't played in a while, but I still really love the games -- though I only know what's going on gen. 1-5), as well as the other genres listed! And your plots/ideas are all gorgeous (a lot of which are also mostly the ideas I had in mind, too, so I'm very modest as you can see, haha). I'd really like to try some of those out.

I hope you'll consider me, at least!

aaa you seem so cool!

I would love to roleplay with you! I consider myself to meet all of these requirements (so humble, me,), and your plots seem so interesting!! I am an artist, so yes, i will draw our characters together as much as possible! I have skype, and love literate roleplays.

skype is markiplierisbae

@piecakepudding heyyy you seem cool too! i tried to add you on skype but couldn't find you weep, so i'll just send you my skype username over PM! I'd love to see your art B)) 

Hello, I'm not sure if you've found your partner already, but if you haven't then I'd love to roleplay with you + get to know you, since you seem very nice and I think we have quite a few things in common, from your description alone! I have both Skype and Discord, but if you're interested I'll hit you up with a PM for those. I never actually go on forums to roleplay, I use those or tumblr messaging for doing that. I love art and draw my characters and others' 24/7, and love talking about my characters and other people's so much aaah, I've been looking for somebody to do that with for a while. I actually might have to say I brainstorm too much. And um, if you want to and request it, I could send some samples of my art?

I'm also totally down for Pokémon roleplay (I haven't played in a while, but I still really love the games -- though I only know what's going on gen. 1-5), as well as the other genres listed! And your plots/ideas are all gorgeous (a lot of which are also mostly the ideas I had in mind, too, so I'm very modest as you can see, haha). I'd really like to try some of those out.

I hope you'll consider me, at least!

@Nyctanthous hello!! i'm interested, so yes please hit me up with your skype and discord! B) I would love to see your art, if you could send me it over PM that'd be cool too!! (tbh i need to get better at drawing couples so i'd draw the kids together lots haha) 

yesss omg i love pokemon so much! i'm not all that caught up on the new games either (i haven't played through all of gens 5 and 6, unova and kalos, so i'm not too good with those ahh) but i'm currently playing pokemon moon and my favorite region is johto! (hoenn's a close second.) i'd love to try roleplaying with you as well, so if you'd like to just shoot me a PM that'd be cool! 

(i'm so bad, i can't refuse either of you, you both seem so cool //swoons) 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to do a prince X merman roleplay. I have skype, but I would prefer discord. If you want to, I will send my Discord over PM 

I'm into Pokémon and I'm cool with this,my discord is Leon The Keldeo #8537
I would like to see what you have in mind so PM when you get the chance
So just to let you know I will be a Keldeo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back