• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [MxM] [OCxOC] Looking for roleplayers! (Closed)

-About me-

Heya! Figured I should make a thread of my own here. I'm Kide, I have about 5-6 years of roleplaying experience. I'm open to all different types of genres, although romance tends to be a must for me! What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good romance! As the title suggests, I'm looking for someone to have an OC-based MxM roleplay with.

My length usually tends to depend on how much material I have to work with, but I try my best to have at least two or three paragraphs per response. That is unless we have agreed to have a more casual roleplay, of course! Again, I would say I'm pretty open to all sorts of stuff. As far as tropes and such go, my favorites are slow burn, and hurt/comfort in reasonable amounts. I'm fine with being ghosted, as long as you block me/unfriend me/something similar, so I know you are not interested in the roleplay anymore; no hard feelings! Just let me know if you want me to send you reminders or me to check up on you. I try my best to respond as soon as I can, however, life can be a bit hectic sometimes!

-Rules-
Ah yes, the treaded 'rules' part. Please, read these. Thank you!

1. You control your characters, I control mine. The whole idea of roleplaying is to interact with the other person, and build a story with them, after all!
  2. As long as I know what you are trying to convey, I don't mind grammar mistakes that much.
  3. No abusive relationships, please. I'd rather have our characters have a healthy relationship between them. I'm alright with it being talked about and such, though!
  4. Please let me know what you are not comfortable with. I want to make sure we are both on the same page about what's okay, and what's not. This is best for both of us!
  5. Do not spam me every ten minutes. I will get to writing my response when I can. If I am on a vacation or something similar, I will let you know. If anything, being rushed to type my response will make me less motivated to do so.
  6. No guilt-tripping. This is something I've unfortunately run into before in different roleplay communities. Your mental health is not my responsibility, and you should not think of our roleplay as therapy of sorts. It is not okay for you to tell me you are planning on harming yourself because I have not responded in our roleplay yet. This behavior will be immediately faced with a block. I am fine talking with you about your worries, but you should not start solely depending on me.
  7. I like to discuss roleplays before starting them. That is to say, I'm not too big on you hopping into my inbox in-character. If you do so, expect a lot of confusion, and I mean, a lot.
  8. Please, no 'perfect' characters. I don't mind powerful characters at all, they can be fun when they are pulled off right. Personally, when a character has no flaws or they resolve conflict immediately, I find it very boring.
  9. I'd like to roleplay with those who are over the age of 18 with characters who are also over 18. It would just feel weird to me personally to roleplay with someone who is underage or/and with underage characters when it comes to a romance-themed roleplay. I ask that you do not lie about your age to me either.
  10. I prefer to roleplay on this site, but if you want to chat together OOC, I tend to use discord for that. I'd love to get to know you all, so don't be shy!
  11. English is not my first language and as such, I sometimes might make some grammar mistakes. Please keep that in mind.
Those are ones that come to my mind at the moment, I might update this list later if I feel the need to do so. Thanks for reading them all, I appreciate it!

-Characters-
Again, as the title suggests, we would be playing male characters. This includes trans characters as well! I don't really have any particular wishes towards your character other than that, other than that your character must be over the age of eighteen. I usually tend to make bios for my characters and show them, when we are in the planning stage of our roleplay. You don't necessarily have to have a bio, but I would like to know at least a little bit about your character before starting! Here is an example of what my bios look like, using one of my characters, Damian:

-Basic information-

Full name: Damian Galanos
Birthday: June 24th
Sexuality: Pansexual
Species: Human
Height: 176 cm // 5’8

-Appearance-

Damian has cinnamon-brown shoulder-length hair and amber-brown eyes. He is slightly tanned, and he is rather well-built due to him working out regularly. He owns a pair of dot earrings that he wears often. His clothing style could be described as somewhat ‘modern vintage’ and casual. He tries his best to present himself as non-intimidating and open so people would feel comfortable approaching him.

-Personality-

At first glance, Damian seems like a normal man who is quite optimistic. He is always willing to help anyone in need and because of this, strangers might think he is easy to take advantage of but that is not the case. Damian can be intimidating and surprisingly cold when he deems it necessary. He does not enjoy being hostile towards others and usually resorts to cold intimidating behavior when he feels he is threatened. The brown-haired male is usually kind and he tries to brighten everyone’s day to the best of his ability. He can also be described as open-minded.

Damian enjoys writing short poems and he feels as if though he can express his feelings best through them. The brown-eyed male is extremely fond of dogs and he thinks they are the epitome of cuteness. His hobbies also include jogging and camping. Damian usually never turns down a cup of coffee, which isn’t surprising considering he enjoys working as a barista in the local café. Reading is something Damian occasionally enjoys. He is rather fond of music and his taste varies depending on his mood.

Damian is not fond of a specific brand of cologne as he tends to associate that particular scent with a traumatic event along with a certain person called Radimir. He cannot stand shady bars and he tends to avoid going to such places as they remind him of his past as well. Damian despises people whose only goals are to manipulate others and use them.

-Strengths and Weaknesses-

Damian has a way with people due to his friendly approach and willingness to patiently listen to others. He is surprisingly strong due to working out regularly as well. The brown-haired male knows how to fight, and he knows how to defend himself if the situation calls for it, as he knows his strengths and uses them to his advantage. However, he does his best to avoid confrontation which can sometimes be easy due to him being a rather diplomatic person who prefers talking over fighting.

Damian is vulnerable to manipulation and he can be extremely sensitive to some topics that are rather personal to him. The brown-haired male is surprisingly insecure about himself and his past. He is not good at mind games and if you know what buttons to push, Damian will be unable to defend himself. The scent of a specific cologne can easily send him on the edge of a panic attack due to trauma.

-Backstory-

Damian was born into a wealthy family and most of his childhood was nothing out of ordinary. He played with kids his age, did as he was told to and he had loving parents and a couple of years later a younger sister. Everything was great. However, Damian’s parents eventually started to despise one another. First, it was just small things, and the next thing he knew; his parents were always arguing. Usually, when an argument took a place, Damian would bring his sister with him to his room and try his best to drown out the sounds of their parents yelling with music.

One day when Damian woke up, he could not find his sister nor could he find his father. It seemed like the two of them had run away and now it was only Damian and his strict mother.

The relationship between Damian and his mother was quite strained and an unhealthy one, his mother not really caring much for him and only expecting the best from him. Damian often felt ignored, so he eventually started trying to make her mother angry on purpose. To him, it felt as if though negative attention would be better than not being noticed at all. So, Damian frequently ended up in the shady parts of the town doing whatever he thought would upset her mother. Taking part in meaningless fights, using illegal substances, having his way with rather unpleasant individuals... The list goes on. Nowadays Damian regrets what he did extremely.

His mother was not thrilled about his activities and she became even stricter and colder towards him; Occasionally blaming him for numerous things. When Damian was old enough, he eventually moved away and left his old life behind for good.

Damian has had an unhappy relationship with a man named ‘Radimir’ who he used to be a close friend with, however, things didn’t go too well and their relationship went south with Damian ending up severely wounded due to an argument that took place after Damian ended up breaking up with the other man. The two have not talked to one another ever since.

With the support of his friends, he managed to find a much healthier lifestyle and he has tried his best to move past the haunting events he has gone through. He does not hang around with suspicious individuals anymore, nor does he partake in illegal activities. There are some unsavory rumors and such circulating around the town, but no one really knows what is true and what is not. He now works at a small café.

View attachment 812708

-Plots-

As far as plots go, I'm pretty open to everything! I do have some prompts saved up, although I do prefer coming up with the plots together. If any of these interest you, let me know if there's anything you'd like to change, and such! All of these do include romance, as you might have guessed. There aren't really that many slice of life -themed plots here at the moment, but I am more than happy to come up with one together! Let me know what you think!

1. Fantasy

Character A and Character B are both at a masquerade for one reason or another. They hear a scream and go to investigate, only to find the queen dead. The guards arrive at the scene and think Character A & B are behind the murder of the queen. The pair has to figure out how to get out of this mess together; whether it is figuring out how to prove their innocence, or what's the fastest way to escape to another kingdom.

2. Supernatural/Thriller

There is an island near the coast of France that people avoid at all costs. The reason for it is because it is rumored to inhabit various supernatural creatures, and no one has ever returned from the island. A challenge was eventually presented; those who would manage to stay on the island for a specific amount of time alive would be rewarded handsomely with money. There were also rumors of the island being part of the reward as well. Character A is one of the supernatural creatures on the island, meanwhile, Character B is one of the humans who has accepted the challenge. What will happen to the two of them?

3. Cyberpunk

Character A and Character B used to be childhood friends, only for Character B to suddenly disappear without a trace. Years have gone by, and Character A is part of a gang known for stealing 'Eternis', a drug that gives different powers to its user for a limited amount of time. During a heist, Character A sees Character B in the laboratory. Turns out Character B had been kidnapped and experimented on, obtaining powers without the use of Eternis. The two of them reunite and decide to take down the corporation behind the drug.

4. Supernatural

Character A, making their way home on a quiet night, notices a wounded animal on the side of the road. Taking in the animal in the hopes of nursing it back to health, Character A is unaware that the animal is in reality Character B, a shapeshifter. The next morning Character B shapeshifts back into their human form, just as Character A enters the room. Hilarity and chaos ensue.

5. Fantasy/Supernatural

Character A is an apprentice of a powerful sorcerer and is rather power-hungry along with being frustrated with their mentor not trusting them; Character A summons Character B, a demon, in order to obtain more power. Character B mentions that everything has a prize, however, the two still strike a deal. Will Character A end up regretting their decision? Is Character B more than they can handle? Only time will tell.

6. Supernatural

Character A and Character B used to be childhood friends; both of them being supernatural creatures. However, the two grew apart due to being part of the opposing clans. Years have passed and the two have a slight rivalry, however, a new threat is lurking around the corner; one that puts both of them in danger. Will the two be able to put aside their difference in order to fight back together, or will old grudges bring destruction upon the two clans?

7. Fantasy

Character A is a hermit who lives away from the lively sounds of the village. One day/night, Character B, a complete stranger, comes banging on their door. Character A notices that they are severely injured and lets them in; nursing their wounds and letting them hide from their pursuers. However, it turns out that Character B is not so innocent, as the king's guards come looking for them.

-End-

Phew! I think that's all? I will add more to this post later if needed. Please PM me if you're interested. I'm looking forward to hearing from you all!
I'm down if you wanna message me on insta (Thursday.Vellichor) or Discord (Thursday Vellichor#0023).

I'd be down with giving either 1, 5, or 7 a try - do you have any particular preferences between those?

Sounds good to me! If you want to shoot me a PM go right ahead, otherwise I'll send you one tomorrow sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back