• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy MxM | Lit/Advanced | Nothing too fancy here

Jace Quin

Hello, hello. Please call me Jace. Given I’m posting here it goes without saying I am looking for some roleplay partners. All of my main characters are male and if there is romance it will be male/male. I tend to play more dominating characters but not all of them are so if you have a preference please let me know. I roleplay the whole range of fantasy from medieval or societies that never developed advanced technology to premodern to modern to near or far-future science fantasy. Pump your brakes before you consider bringing a fandom to me- I’m not saying ‘no’ but I am saying I will be a hard sell so if you want to go beyond stealing some ideas from a book or game you like keep that firmly in mind. A lot of themes that interest me are dark by nature and this is no coincidence- of course there will be happiness and laughter in our roleplay but the rough, dirty, amoral corners of the world make for much more interesting plots in my opinion.

What I bring to the roleplay:
I have been writing, reading, and roleplaying for many years. I consider my writing advanced though of course not without mistakes- I try my best to catch them but I am only human after all. I can write up to two pages for introductory or expository posts as needed but typical posts will be more in line with a few paragraphs long to keep the pace of the roleplay. I will play additional characters to move forward the narrative or as plot devices when necessary. If inspired and we’re both available I’d love to be able to trade multiple posts in a day. Realistically it will more likely be a few times a week. I will try to let you know if it’s looking like it will be a longer time.

Expectations:
Quality over quantity. I just need enough to work with and if you feel inspired to write more that's wonderful but if it's not coming don't push it. Please do your best to scan for grammatical errors etc in your writing before sending it to me. I anticipate you will, at minimum, play some minor additional characters to move the roleplay when needed as well. We will maintain a channel for ooc plotting so if you're struggling with something or need to ask a question about my character let me know. I’d like to get a few posts a week. I understand I will not always get that many.

Interests:
Vampires
Magic
Shapeshifters (including but not limited to werewolves)
Psychic powers
Alien races
Non-human (but humanoid) races
Science fantasy
Slayers
Space Travel
Space Pirates
Pirates
Dragons
Reincarnation
Demons (including Incubus or typical crossroads demon)
Slavery
Post-apocalypse
Kidnapping
Flaws
Coercive control
Assassins
Spies
Fae
Fallen Angels
I will also mix-and-match. Space Pirate Vampires? Sure! Magic-using assassins? Makes sense to me.
This list is incomplete. I cannot possibly have put everything on here that I like. Feel free to ask me about other fantasy ideas even/especially if it’s something of your own creation.

Not interested:
Perfection
Male/female romance
Carrying the entire plot
Dimensionless characters

If you have questions feel free to post them here or direct message me. You are also welcome to email me and will probably get a faster response: jacequin@gmail.com

Bring me a plot idea or tell me where our interests align in your very first message to me, please.

Interests :
Female/Female relationships
Really anything I guess

I am really just looking for a roleplay to be apart of

Sorry TigerLover but I think you're going to want to create your own thread. It appears our interests are entirely incompatible as I only roleplay male characters and male/male relationships.

Hello! I read your thread, and i think we'll make a great fit!
I don't have a specific plot in mind right now, but i do love to have fun in my roleplays! To see characters do and say stupid shit; to be able to have a laugh, but i also love more realistic and perhaps darker/mature side, things involving like drama, physical and or emotional setbacks, criminality and drugs etc. This is why most of my characters are more in the grey personality-wise. I'd love to do something Sci-fi related, as i've got a homebrew species which we could mess about with, and plenty of ideas to go around! I especially love it when humanity doesn't know that aliens exist yet, although the idea of having only human characters on a foreign planet sounds interesting too! I also like post-apocalyptic settings with things like zombies etc, or hidden/low fantasy intergraded into a modern world. A centaur? Some guy with wings? Whack, let's do it. I'm also all for vanilla settings, but i do want something interesting to spice it up. I'm not a fan of slice of life! I generally love MxM roleplays, and as all my ocs are guys as well, i feel like we fit great on that note!

I normally write multi-para posts, but it does depends on context. I also love ooc talk, gushing over characters and sharing stupid images or jokes, so feel free to message me even if you aren't planning on writing that day!

If you feel like starting something up with me, then i hope to hear from you soon!

Hello! I would be interested in doing a Fantasy role play with you! I have a few ideas partially hashed out and I would love to discuss them with you.

Man, I always feel like these threads feel like a job interview -- replying to them anyway.

I'm into dark, gritty plots. My favorite genre are horror, fantasy, sci-fi, and romance (but slow-burn). I mainly rp MxM and I do multiple characters with each post. I love chatting OOC. Not into incorporating fandoms, but I can create an AU with the fandom in mind (still, it would be taking the idea of that universe and then making it our own).

Anyways, let me know if you're interested!

Hey! I would love to do a roleplay that involves some fantasy setting with Dragons and/or shapeshifting! I'm open to more ideas than just this as well.

Man, I always feel like these threads feel like a job interview -- replying to them anyway.

I'm into dark, gritty plots. My favorite genre are horror, fantasy, sci-fi, and romance (but slow-burn). I mainly rp MxM and I do multiple characters with each post. I love chatting OOC. Not into incorporating fandoms, but I can create an AU with the fandom in mind (still, it would be taking the idea of that universe and then making it our own).

Anyways, let me know if you're interested!

Haha. That's funny because yesterday in the advice forum I equated responding to a search thread with writing a cover letter. Very similar in formula. Introduction, Qualifications/Interests, Call to Action

I was excited to see horror and sci-fi on your list. A lot of people find them underrated genres. Do you prefer to do realistic horror like mad man is holding people hostage to some end or more supernatural horror like living in/trapped in a haunted building or road movie kind of hunting down fantastical horror that killed/maimed/etc for revenge? And for sci-fi do you prefer near or far future? I like science and math so I tend to lean more toward hard sci-fi but at the same time I'm certainly not an astrophysicist like some of my favorite sci-fi authors so I'm not likely to be perfectly authentic.

Sorry if I'm not very quick on the draw replying here.

Hey! I would love to do a roleplay that involves some fantasy setting with Dragons and/or shapeshifting! I'm open to more ideas than just this as well.

I can't say I've done many roleplays with dragons but I am a fan of dragons and Dragonriders of Pern was one of the first fantasy series I ever read. So on that note- would you set up a dragon roleplay in that way with each of us playing at least one human/dragon team or would it be more shapeshifter style where one or both of our characters can turn into a dragon (not necessarily a massive one)?

As far as shapeshifters go I try to avoid the werewolf/werewolf pack thing. The shapeshifter character I've played the most turns himself into a black jaguar so the nature of his animal does not lead him to play well with others. He is usually affiliated in some way with a group of shapeshifters either because they support each other in disguising themselves from humans or because I often have him play a kind of super natural enforcer role where he kills not just vampires but his own kind or humans or even other things that are disrupting the balance the supernatural world has with humanity. When I play him against a vampire character with an undercurrent of the age old struggle between vampires and shapeshifters I like to use the idea that shapeshifters believe vampire bites to drive their kind mad but my character discovers the hard way that being bitten is not just euphoric but temporarily boosts his own powers and quickly becomes addictive. As he's killed his kind before when they've been bitten under his value system madness isn't out of the question either even if he can't seem to stop himself.

Followed up with all the potentials from this week. Started one roleplay, getting ready to start a second, turned one down, had one lose interest, waiting to hear back from the other three to see if they lead to roleplays.

I have been craving a good MxM roleplay ever since my really good old ones fell off. I invited myself to do mxf (I've only had a couple stick that's been really fun, a lot of them fell off), but I think I need a good one of these with more frequent post replies. I try to answer at least once a day if not every other day. I'm not sure on settings, other than I'd like a world involving magic (I've got a system, if you're interested lol) and a couple characters I could use, so let me know if you're still looking!^^

Hey, I would be interested in Fae, Vampires, Shapeshifters and non humans but really any kind of monsters in general really if you want to plot, I’m down for mxm relationships but I enjoy building the relationship up rather than just jumping into it, even if it’s just by doing some character development and headcanoing ooc before starting on the rp.

hi you seem lovely and i’d love to plot maybe! my main interests on your list currently are slavery, kidnapping, vampires, and pirates. honestly i’m down to combine them all! i’m semi advanced lit (3+ paragraphs average), can write mxm, mxf (so it works out in this case), and all lower case and text speech is ooc only! please lemme know! 😃

I'd be down to do something with coercive control. Maybe involving making a deal with a demon. There could be a power struggle if the human finds a way to exploit the demon's weakness too.

I am interested in doing an MxM RP with maybe vampires, the fae, kitsunes, maybe more? PM me if interested!

Heya, still looking?
I can usually reply several times per week (sometimes even multiple times per day, depending on how busy our beach café is keeping me), write around 3 to 6 paragraphs (occasionally more, if the situation calls for it) and I love contributing to the plot and progress of the story.

I love sci-Fi (especially coming up with things like 'how and why does this work the way it does', playing with science), especially if it's somewhere in space. A group of space explorers crashing on an uncharted planet? Scientists finding a seemingly abandoned alien spaceship aimlessly floating around?
Stuff like that just makes me happy xD
So, yeah, if you're still looking for partners, is be happy to plot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back