• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

MissMoon

stressed; slow
The Cool Kid x The Outcast
He's the Cool Kid; everyone knows who he is: star athlete, honor roll student, on his way to a full ride scholarship. Him? He's the Outcast Kid; everyone knows who he is too. He's the "head" of the weirdos and freaks. The kids that everyone else tries to steer clear of. The two couldn't be more different from each other-- polar opposites! Unfortunately, the two have been paired up in Health class for a project: care for a fake baby. The two have hardly made eye contact in their whole lives in the same school, now they've been thrust together for a project that creates stress and tension even between the best of friends. How will these two opposites deal with each other's conflicting priorities, schedules, and personalities?

Name: Samuel Wellington
Nicknames: Sam, Sammy
Height: 6’2
Personality:
-Loyal
-Stubborn
-Logic Focused
-fighting
-soft blankets
Dislikes:
-“annoying pricks” as he calls it
-Loud, close crowds
-Being watched
Appearance:
D0E03ADD-3F1F-4808-924B-C9AEA8DAFD0D.jpeg
(Usually clean shaven)

Name: Nickolas Sanders
Nicknames: Nick, Nicky
Height: 6'0
Personality: Playful / Honest / Determined
Dislikes: Bullying / Parties / Excessive attention
Appearance:
8d003838ffb2a20e6c0e97fe02ea8479.jpg

Sam fucking hated this class. It was a requirement, but with Sam certain he was not interested in having any sort of family life anytime soon, and he couldn't figure out why Home Economics was required for his degree in Computer Software design. He made it to class just in time to put his stuff down and take a seat in the back of class as the teacher was passing out papers with their assignment and partner on it. "I have assigned you partners this time, as I have noticed that some of you always pick the same partners." The teacher explained, and Sam sighed. He wasn't even 100% sure who his partner was, but he made an educated guess and walked up to Nickolas's desk, sitting down next to him.

"Nickolas?" Sam said, leaning back in his chair as he looked over the man next to him. Though his reputation often preceded Sam, Sam kept himself mostly oblivious to the internal politics of the school. He had more important things, like trying not to die while making money for food and textbooks. "I'm your partner for this unfortunate project." He added, running a hand through his hair. He wasn't really sure what he was supposed to do from here - he avoided Group projects whenever possible.

Nick sneered at the paper the teacher just handed him, and rolled his eyes in contempt. He hated group projects more than anything else, it was always an inconvenience to have to work with someone else to get shit done. He set the paper down and leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest and inhaling deeply to calm his irritation. He didn't know who this "Samuel Wellington" guy was, but he figured it was safe to assume this project would suck regardless. Next thing he knew, a tall guy with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes said his name and sat down next to him. He looked him over and immediately made the connection 'this is my partner...' he thought to himself. He looked like the type who would blow off the assignment, not take seriously, or dump all the work on their partner, but Nick didn't want to jump to conclusions based on appearances.

"Samuel, I presume? Feel free to call me Nick," he kept his voice neutral, it was neither friendly or cold, but rather more matter-of-fact. Nick turned slightly in his seat to face him a little, "So, we gotta take care of a robotic baby, you have any idea how to do that or?..." he let his voice trail off. He had no idea how to take care of a baby. He grew up an only child and didn't have any young cousins or anything like that. In fact, he wasn't a huge fan of children or babies to begin with.

“Just call me Sam please.” He said with a slight shake of his head, sitting down next to him. Sam didn’t like the name Samuel very much, it usually meant he was in trouble in some way. “I mean, I helped my mom take care of my little brother when I was younger, it can’t be that different right?” He asked, glancing over the paper they had in front of them. “It looks like we feed it, put it to sleep, change it’s diaper, and rock it when it cries.” He said as he looked over the list.

“I guess we should start by laying out our schedules so we can share who has the baby when and stuff?” Sam asked. He talked kind of quietly, like there was a deep exhaustion hugging his words, and the kids around them seemed to be whispering about the partner. Not that Sam really cared. “I can’t take her Wednesday or Saturday nights at all. Other than that I think I can work with whatever so we have an even schedule.”

"Okay, Sam, that sounds like a good place to start," he nodded his heading slowly, as if thinking deeply and acknowledging his suggestion at the same time. He pulled out his cellphone to open his calendar app, getting a good overview of the weeks ahead. "I have baseball practice for three hours Monday-Friday between noon and three, then I have a game on Friday night." He scrolled down a little more to look at the rest of his schedule and sighed, I can't take her next Saturday...I have to go to my mom's wedding..." Nick hoped Sam wouldn't look too deeply into that, or ask any questions about it. "Guess we'll have to find a babysitter, or something?" was that something they were even allowed to do?

Nick tilted his head harshly to one side, releasing a loud crack, and he grunted slightly with relief, "other than that, I'm good until my next game. I can't believe we have to take care of it for a whole month. Should we name, uh, her? It's a girl baby right?" He felt weird about it, but he heard the other pairs around the room talk about naming their fake spawn, and the teacher even recommended it to help with "bonding". "I don't know...seems weird to me," Nick let out an awkward chuckle. It was a low, husky sound, something you wouldn't expect since his voice wasn't particularly deep, not to say it was very high either. He turned to look at Sam and gave him a nervous smile. He felt so awkward, and was feeling anxious about this little project. He never thought of being a dad-- not even a fake one.

"Noon and three?" Sam repeated, as if committing it to memory. "I have classes during that time on Tuesday and Thursday, but I don't mind taking it to class." He said, glancing through his school schedule. "Yeah I guess we'll have to do something like that I guess. I can't miss another shift." He murmured, shaking his head. He had missed one of his fighting slots a few weeks ago because of how badly he had been injured, and now he was having to be really tight on food to make rent this month. "I don't know if we're - really allowed to have a babysitter, but we'll just keep it quiet because we don't really have a choice." Sam murmured, keeping his voice low so the teacher couldn't hear.

"I think it's shitty this a mandatory class." Sam muttered, glancing at the robot when he mentioned naming her. "I guess we're supposed to assume that, because she's wearing pink." Sam said with a shrug. "Yeah I'm the worst at naming things, so if it gets a name, that'll be on you. I had a black and white hamster when I was little, and it's name was oreo, so that's the extent of my naming ability." He said with a soft laugh. "Why don't I take her on - Monday, Tuesdays, and Fridays for the whole day and night and I'll take it during your practices and you can take it - her - on Sundays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays?" Sam was much more focused on when they were getting the baby, than any sort of bonding exercise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back