• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mutants and Masterminds Interest?

AnthraxBurrito

Omnipotent Burro
So let me just start off by saying my experience with Tabletop is limited and Online dice based rp is not something I've done before. But, I just impulse purchased the Handbook for Mutants and Masterminds and I have this dream of starting a custom super hero/villain universe, so I'm looking for a couple things here.
One, to see if running a table top set rp here would work, as I've not run a table top online, let alone on this site.
Secondly, I'm looking to see if theres enough interest to start a Dice Superhero Rp here?
And lastly, among those interested, is there anyone who has experience in running a dice game online and would be interested in co-dming? This would include helping with the world building, rule making, and coming up with the story arcs, etc.

First of all, welcome to the boards.

Second, while I'd love to play superhero games, I found Mutants and Masterminds to be a bit hard to wrap my head around character generation, especially the power creation.

Third, there are multiple dice rps here, some have been running for a while.

First of all, welcome to the boards.

Second, while I'd love to play superhero games, I found Mutants and Masterminds to be a bit hard to wrap my head around character generation, especially the power creation.

Third, there are multiple dice rps here, some have been running for a while.
I meant more is it viable to try and go directly out of the handbook or does it require it a bit of customization?
Could you speak a little more to your second point, as I'm interested to see what you mean? Power creation is left more to the dm discretion or am I incorrect in that assumption?

I haven't read all of the handbook, but from games I've ran myself, usually there is a bit of customization in case there are things that happen per session.

Some GM/DM/SM/whatever like to give players a hand in building their powers. I found it interesting to figure out how to combine things to a cohesive concept, but had a hard time doing the actual power structures, but could just be me.

From my memory of it, customization of powers came in the form of what capabilites one is able to do with said power. I.e. size and strength of fire balls or speed in which some can fly. I think customization of powers would fall into the category talked about before where it would come down to GM/Group decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back