• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mutant Apocalypse IC

SPARKS was about to respond but as soon as Anderson finally arrived, he rolled his eyes and dismissed himself, "Welp, nevermind. The princess actually arrived now. I'm going back to the training room." The man turned on his heel and walked away from the trio of agents with a wave from his hand being his only form of a goodbye. The old man really just wanted to relax and take it easy. Not to go and initiate the kiddies because one of them found himself a little tied up.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova Raku Raku

"Hmmm?" The blonde hummed as her pale, blue eyes noticed the lock wasn't on. That piqued the woman's curiosity and she decided to allow herself in. I mean if he left the door unlocked, he was practically begging for someone to enter the house.

Sandra walked into the room let her eyes wander over every detail in a matter milliseconds. Her eyes scanning every corner at absolutely terrifying speeds. First thing the soldier noticed was how damn clean everything was. It was one thing for a soldier to have a clean room but this was a detective for the NYPD. They weren't known for their at home cleanliness. "+1 in the attractive factor~" she said in a sing song voice. Being so neat truly was an attractive factor to her though if he was a freak about it then he might lose a point.

She let herself into the kitchen and began scanning around his supplies there, trying to see whether or not he could cook. She heard the approaching footsteps and was happy she always dressed to impress. High cut, blue shorts that showed off smooth and strong legs. Plain white V neck that accented her breasts and showed her waistline rather well. Hair was done well, layered and set to frame her face evenly, which never contained any make up. A natural beauty as most called it.

Archdemon Archdemon

"Christ Molly, you sleep like the dead. I was about to go get a gallon of cold water and dump it on you." The red head commented as Agent Hammer stepped out from her shower. She looked away politely from still wet woman as she got herself together.

Once she was ready, the promise of training brought a smile to the forefront, "Oh yeah. Plenty of robotic destruction coming right up. I already have the training grounds set up. Let's see if we cant beat the Captain's mighty record!"
The DoomyFish The DoomyFish

Hathom halfway expected his words tp go in one ear and out the other. He had seen more than enough youths do the same and while somethings he said seemed to hit home, others might as well not have been said. That was until Coal offered his cheeky little counter arguement. At first, Hathom couldn't even believe he had one until he slid the papers his way.

The whirring sound of his eyes filled the silence as the moved inhumanely quick through each individual paper, his brow furrowing more and more with each one read. It was obvious to anyone that the soldier had not known about this. "I asked her.... a few times if she needed help and she told me she was fi-"

'So that's what that felt like'

The aug lapsed into silence for a moment before gathering the bills into a neat, little pile before disappearing into Kaylee's room and putting into one of his coat pockets. He came back out and stood in front of Coal this time, arms crossed and a bit of a glare.

"What else? She said something about child services?"

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

A little smirk formed at the corner of his lips when Hathom didn't finish his sentence. They may have been dating for six months behind his back, but there was still a lot he didn't know about Kaylee. She was a strong independent woman, or she put up the front as best as she could. This didn't mean she wasn't trying her hardest. She worked so much that in her spare time she tried to still live some kind of life. Coal knew she was exhausted, which was why he did what he did. He was still to young to work for the most part, the second part was that now that he was 16 he could get a job somewhere. But social services would not like that at all. On top of that his grades weren't all that great, meaning if he got a job the school would be riding them too.

Coal let out a rough sigh, only to suck his breath back in and hold it when Hathom asked about child services.

Silence seemed to be their best friend at the moment. The bills alone would be taking care of most things. But this seemed a bit strange. It was one thing for Coal to feel like he had the upper hand by striking up a deal with Hathom. But for the guy to actually offer help..... This threw him way off his guard. He blinked not sure what Kaylee had told the guy.

"Why? Do you have connections?" You could tell Coal had a hint of hope in his words, but was covering them up well with a snotty tone of voice.

Molly Krystal.

Rolling her shoulders Molly chuckled. "I'm pretty sure the dead don't sleep." She said following Rey down the hallway. Rey just rolled her eyes as she guided Molly to the training room. As she stepped into the training room she couldn't help but feel nervous. Ever since the parking garage incident Molly had been pulling her punches, except for occasionally when her temper got the better of her. "Hey so... Don't laugh at me if I fuck up ok? People are always ragging on me for being a klutz, but I'm really not..." She tried to explain but couldn't really put words to it. How does one help another to understand that they can't put the most effort into something, especially if they are a soldier. For A soldier putting in effort means life or death. For Molly it was a matter of get hurt, or hurt others.
"Shut up molly, for someone named Hammer, you think way too much." Rey said casually as she opened the door. "Fucking up is what the training room is for, if you mess up here you learn, you mess up out there someone dies. So I AM gonna give you a hard time when you mess up. Now get in." Rey said with an encouraging shove to punctuate the sentence.

Joseph Alcatel

As he sifted through the personal files he had printed off he found himself paused on Molly again. This literally makes no sense... Molly hates the military, what the hell is she doing being their attack dog. When the curiosity got the better if him he decided it was time to look into it. After all he hadn't seen her since that night in the prison six years ago.

(Flashback)
Joseph had just slammed the iron gate shut behind the three of them breaking the 3d printed key off in the lock. "Molly come on I need you to make a hole." He said loudly as the guards grunted from slamming into the bars. "On it babe." Molly shouted and with a single blow she knocked a large section of the concrete wall down. Just as she had finished Joseph's father smashed a large stone he had picked up earlier into the back of Molly's head causing her to slump against the wall. "Dad what the hell are you doing!?!" Joseph shouted leveling his gun at his own father.
"She's fine Joseph we both know that, but she will be up in seconds, you know as well as I that this is no life for her. Being on the run forever, constantly a fugitive. You will ruin this girl Joseph." His father looked at him with a Stern gaze but Joseph's eyes only reflected anger and pain. Yet in his mind it was an endless battle, one that he knew he would loose either way. His enhanced mind ran through all the possibilities this was something he himself was wrestling with long before his dad put him on the spot, and in none was he able to give Molly the life she truly deserved...his old man was right.
As Molly began to stir, Joseph turned the barrel of his gun to the back of her head. "This is goodbye Molly, I promise you I'll never bother you again." Molly turned and looked at Joseph with a confused expression. And Joseph looked away as he pulled the trigger, sending a depleted uranium slug right between his girlfriends eyes.
She fell limp to the ground with a huge hole sizzling in her forehead.
Joseph and his father leapt out of the hole she just made and plunged into the sea around the island this prison was on.

He had known her healing factor would keep her alive, but still Joseph made a point to never look into her after that. So when he finally did what turned up made him a sickly pale. "Oh God...this just got really complicated." He said rising to his feet and slinging his coat over his shoulders. He double checked the screen on his wrist it was a CPS file and There was no denying it the more he looked at it. Much as he wanted to avoid this situation there was now a bigger reason to get involved.
"Dad I am SO kicking your ass."

1ze8V49.jpg
File number:1498-2012
Child name:Mira Krystal/Alcatel.
D.o.b- 12-21-2012.
shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

At Coal's attempt at trying to hide his hope, Hathom became understandbly exasperated. This kid just did not know how to be straight forward. "Listen Vanguard. Swallow your pride. Swallow your ego. Swallow your anger." The man barked through narrowed eyes. "I genuinely love your sister and I'm not going anywhere unless she tells me to. There is little I wouldn't do for her. If I make her life easier by....getting child services off her back for a time then it'll be done."

The soldier breathed a similar rough sigh to Coal as he turned away from the teenager and looked at the apartment through different eyes. He shook his head a few times in wonder at how hard she was working just to maintain this. Kaylee was literally doing the same thing he did for his sister while she was growing up.

And now Long turned to the boy and stared at him for awhile. He may look like a heartless robot, but its not like Hathom didn't understand him. Hathom literally gave up his entire life to make sure his sister could have a good one. In a way, he saw a bit of himself in the kid. Hathom could have easily gone down the same road of crime if that Sergeant hadn't come to his high school that one day with his offers. In fact, he probably would have.

There wasn't anything he wouldn't do for his sister....and now there was another woman in his life that he felt the same for.

"She calls me her knight in strange armor. Yet, I feel like she is the one who saved me." The augmented man muttered aloud. Hathom loved his sister. He had an amazing squadron. Trustworthy comrades. And for a long time he felt that was all he needed. Kaylee showed him that there was a whole other side to life that he had abandoned in his straightforward pursuit of his convictions. A side he had completely abandoned.

"I can help with the child services issue just by saying that she is my lover. Paperwork and any issues like of that nature can be handled by company. Everyone likes Kaylee there. She's practically family to them."

"But I can only do so much about you, Mr. Black. If you dont keep your head down and under the radar, do well in school, and stop being reckless, its out of my hands."
The soldier turned back around to face Coal and extended a hand to the young man. "I need you to stop being a kid and start acting like a man. I dont like you and you dont like me. It can stay that way forever. But we both love Kaylee and I do my best to do right by her. Can you do the same?"

Hathom figured it would be better to just talk to him like he would to any other grown man that he disliked. Hathom could do a few things, working for the government and all, but Coal needed to put his best foot forward as well. As good as he was, Hathom could only do so much. In the end of the day, he was still a soldier. Not some crooked politician.​

Jackle walked and when he reached his apartment complex he just walked up the stairs to his apartment. Only to discover the door was left ajar, did he forget to lock it? Not taking the risk to chance, he pulled out his trusty pistol, and ever so stealthily creeped to the edge of his door. He peeked around the corner and saw a blonde girl looking at his kitchen, he couldn't see much else since if he opened the door wider, he'd probably lose his surprise.

He inched closer to the door ready to bust in, to catch the thief completely off guard. He then silently counted to three and barged into his home aiming his pistol at Sandra. At first he didn't recognize her at all, simply keeping his pistol leveled at her.

"Freeze! Hands up where I can see them!" But one look into her eyes, he'd then suddenly recognized the girl, she was that APS chick that winked at him last night. Why the hell was she in home!? Is she stalking him? This is something he doesn't need to deal with now... Well realizing who she was, he lowered and holstered his pistol looking quite pissed.

"What the hell are you doing in my home?"

He wasn't happy that an APS agent would just barge into his home. He just stared at her with his arms crossed, waiting for an answer. He was oblivious to her choice of clothing at the moment but it was reasonable, considering the circumstances.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Coal was taken back by Hathom's tone of voice. Coal was very familiar with people yelling at him, but for some reason this struck a new cord with him. And one could tell he didn't like it. He narrowed his eyes at Hathom as he listened to the man. His words stuck the same chord when he said that he was going to be there for Kaylee. This guy has only been around for some time compared to how long it had only been him and Kaylee. Coal laughed under his breath a bit as he had heard so many guys preach the same thing about being around. What made this guy so different? Just cus he had connections?

Coal shook his head slightly as he thought over Hathom's words before looking to the man's hand. He looked back up to catch his gaze, "Fine..." He shook Hathom's hand complying to the deal. "But if you leave and break her heart...." Coal narrowed his eyes with a great warning in his voice. "I wont hold back on anything." He told him.

Coal leaned back in his chair and let out a deep sigh as he turned his attention else where. Reevaluating the whole conversation.

"Hey there, Suga'." The A.P.S. soldier said as if there wasnt a gun being pointed at her in that moment. She walked around the kitchen counter with a look of plain, unfiltered mischief in her eyes. She rounded the couch in the living room and stoppee just shy of touching him. "Guess who was just had their application processed and is now officially apart of the A.P.S. ? And as your new superior, I came to congratulate yah darlin'! Among otha' things." A playful smirk touched her sunkissed skin as she looked the man up and down. "You gonna keep a girl a'waitin or you gonna offer somethin' ?"
Archdemon Archdemon

Captain Hathom smirked for the first time since realizing who Coal was. The younger man accepted his deal, though it did seem tentatively at best. What made Hathom smile was what kind of threat he just leveled with him. The classic "I'm not like other guys" line didn't even feel necessary to be said aloud. The soldier's appearance alone spoke volumes on how vastly different he was from other men. But since Coal seemed like he needed to hear it once more...

"I told you, Im only ever going to leave her if she tells me to. The only other way is in a coffin." Be grim as it may, there wasn't a single trace of a lie in voice or face.

Hathom let out a similar sigh, the sound of metal softly scratching on metal. So this was happening now.... The woman he loved was the older sister of the criminal that nearly killed him and 3 others on top of that. Hathom never asked about the men Kaylee had been with and he never planned to but this had to take the cake when it came to introducing boyfriends to the family.​

Coal merely glanced over for a second. Words he had heard many times before. 'I love your sister, I'm never gonna leave, blah, blah, blah....' Coal had heard them all. Even with everyone adding their own twist to it. Coal looked over his shoulder back towards the living room. Spotting his phone on the coffee table he raised his hand in the air as the phone zipped off the table and to his hand. Turning his attention towards the phone Coal went silent as he felt the conversation was at a stand still. The only way for Coal to believe Hathom's words was for him to hold up to them at this point. Coal would hold up to his as long as the bills were paid and child services got off their backs..... so far the bills would be paid. That gave Coal a reason to not have to worry..... Even if he still did in the pit of his stomach.

A minute or so later Kaylee walked back in. "I'm back." She said walking over to the counter and placing a few bags down. Kaylee hid it well but Coal noticed.... He glanced from Kaylee to Hathom and then back to her. Kaylee let out a sigh as she looked at the bags and then to Coal and Hathom.

She had to pause for a minute as she took in the scene.... They were quiet.... Too quiet. "So.... Did i miss anything?" She asked.

Coal shook his head no as he glanced to Hathom and then turned his full attention to his phone. Kaylee blinked a little worried about what went on while she was gone.

Seemed the girl had a southern accent, though which southern state is unknown to him. Then she started acting all weird like calling him Sugar, which was slightly weird considering at the time he had a gun pointed at her. The look in her eyes spoke of mischief, what kind Jackle had no idea though he wanted no part of it.

Then she got really close, like having an inch apart from them to the point where they were almost touching. Then she told him how his application went through and he was officially apart of the APS team. Then she went about her coming her as his superior to celebrate, like he really needed to party. So far the vibes he has been getting have kind of been setting off red flags of the stalker/creeper variety.

This was some serious sexual tension, but Jackle was having none of it. He backed away to give himself breathing room from the girl.

"First thing, don't get that close to me. Second, thank you for informing me that I've been accepted in such a short time. Third, what do you mean when you say am I going to keep you waiting or offer something? Also would you mind telling me my superiors name if you don't mind me asking that is."

This certainly was an interesting situation, with her immediate advances on him. This was also very awkward and uncomfortable for Jackle as well since he hadn't dealt with this in seven years.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Khlaeesi was extremely lazy. She hadn't gotten out of bed until later that evening. She growled slowly, pushing the covers past her short legs and then swung them off the bed. Her tiny feet slowly skimmed the cold floor and she growled, looking down. "Stupid floor!" She said to the wood flooring and then looked around her room. It wasn't big, just perfect for a small girl like her. Her walls were all white with posters and pictures on them but one. One of her walls was navy blue, it did have some pictures on the wall, but not like the white ones. Her Dark curtains hid the sun from her eyes as she continued to scan her room, the black beanbag chair in the corner of her room held her laptop, along with a set of folded clothes. The girl placed her feet back onto the wood floor and sighed heavily at the cold touch, walking quickly over to the clothes. She quickly picked up her clothes and ran to the bathroom, shutting the door behind herself. Like any other person Khaleesi took off her clothes, got into the shower, washed her hair and body, while singing to herself, and then hopped out of the shower, putting her clean clothes on. It was just a normal day for the mutant, not a care in the world, not a worry on her mind.
p2sc67-l.jpg
Slowly the girl looked at her clothes, her black leather jacket shimmered in the light, along with her short dress which barely came down to her knees. The girl wasn't much of a girly girl, but she had a lot of dresses, all cause they were easier to move quickly in. She slowly opened her bathroom door, letting the foggy, warm air fill her room. She sighed heavily, grabbing her small bag and swung it over her shoulder, letting her heals click on the floor as she walked into the kitchen. Khaleesi lived alone, she didn't like having to deal with the stress of her family, and her birthday was soon so she might as well have moved out sooner than later. She sat her bag on the marble counter and walked to the fridge, grabbing out some yogurt before grabbing a spoon and scarfing it down. She didn't like eating a lot, but you have to eat to survive. She grabbed her bag, throwing away the empty cup as she opened her front door, locking it behind her.

Khaleesi didn't like cars, and if she did have a car then it would be a jeep, simple as that. She hopped onto her Kawasaki Ninja 250/300, and placed her helmet on her head, and put her purse in a bag on the side of the motorcycle. She smiled happily as the engine roared to life and she pulled out of her driveway, onto the road. cars zipped past her as she slowly started to move quicker, and then the cars weren't zipping past, but slowly moving with her. She kept her eyes on the road, looking forward to her job. She didn't hate her job, but she sure as hell didn't like her job. She slowly pulled in and parked, making sure she grabbed her purse before walking inside the cafe. She ran to the back of the cafe and smiled at the people walking past her. Simple words slipped from the mouthes of her coworkers as she pulled on an apron and grabbed her notepad and pen, placing her helmet on a chair in the back along with her purse. She slipped off her heals and pulled on her converse, pulling her hair up into a high ponytail before quickly walking out into the open.

Her eyes glanced around, a small worry popping into her mind, 'Don't change...' She told herself, walking to a small table of a few people. She didn't get a lot of NYPD and all those people in the cafe, so she wasn't worried about that, she was more worried that she would get scared and change on accident. The girl stood there, smiling down at the people who were talking quietly. "Hello. My name is Khaleesi and I'll be your Waiter for today, would you like to start off with any drinks?" She asked, no smile, no happiness in her voice, just talking. The couple that were talking quietly and holding hands looked up at her and smiled, the man was the first to speak.

"Yes. I'd like a small black coffee, she would like a non sweet tea, and the kids can have orange juice." He said as she quickly started to scribble on her notepad. She looked down at the three kids that were giggling in their seats and then nodded, walking away swiftly. In the back she grabbed 4 cups, and one coffee mug. She slowly poured the boiling coffee into the mug and then added orange juice to three of the cups, and the tea into one of them. Her hands slowly shook as she thought about shifting and then mentally hit herself, walking out with the drinks on a tray. Slowly she made her way to the family of 5 and handed out there cups, not expecting a thank you, and didn't receive on. That was before she took their order. She slowly walked to another table, took their orders, and then walked away, heading for the back to get their drinks. 'Today is going to be a long day...' She thought, grabbing the drinks, and heading back out.
@Aanyone {Open for interactions...}​

'Oh? What do we have here? A shy one?' The southern bell took a miniscule step back at his request and her mischievous smirk stayed completely the same. At first, she was just testing the waters, see where his limit was and was rather surprised to see him step back so quick. "So serious~." She mocked lightly before pulling out her personal PDA. She quickly shifted through some holo-screens until she pulled up his entire file and enlarged the image before showing it to him as she spoke.

"I'm your direct superior. You report tah me or my superior, Captain Hathom. So don't get put off by a little close proximity sweetie. You and I are gonna be workin' quite closely, so ya best get comfortable."

Though at his last question she had to giggle a bit, "Really now? Pretty girl walks comes to visit and congratulate ya on your transfer and you don't even offer a drink? Hmm~ Not much of gentlemen are ya? Or maybe its just been awhile?" She asked with an arched eyebrow.

Archdemon Archdemon

A smile came onto The Captain's face as Kaylee returned from her little shopping trip. He equally returned the glance from Coal when she asked if she missed anything. While the young man merely shook his head and continued concentrating on his phone, Hathom couldn't help but laugh internally. As if women were such dull creatures to believe that on the spot.

"It was a talk between men, honey. Coal isn't going to give you anymore grief on the subject. Now, can I help with the waffles or is this a 'my time to shine' thing?" He joked. It served more as a cover for Coal since he was being so blatanly obvious. Plus Hathom wasn't lying.

Kaylee smiled at Hathom, "Ooooohhhh, men talk?" She flashed a smile to Coal. Coal failed to smile back and just turned back to his phone.

Kaylee didn't really care what happen, well she did, but for Coal not to be arguing was a good sign.... she only hoped. She turned back to Hathom and motioned for him to take a seat in the other chair next to Coal. They didn't really have a dining table and mostly had their meals at the bar counter. "Well, this is my specialty." She pushed Hathom to step out of the kitchen and couldn't help but smile when she saw both of her favorite guys next to one another and not fighting. She liked this. The two people she found most important in her life in her place, and about to have epic waffles.

"Afterwards we can head over to the hospital...." She looked to Coal as she started to take stuff out of the shopping bags. She gave him a look as if she was going to make him go if he said no. She was too caught up in the argument from before that she didn't hear Hathom, or even let it click in her mind about his job.

Coal slowly looked up from his phone, "Skynet said it was fine." He gestured to Hathom. "He just might take over the world one day, but for now I think we can trust his heath judgments."

Kaylee blinked, "..................." She looked speechless. "Did you just say that you trust him?" she asked as she pinched her lips tightly shut. She looked like she was about to jump around in excitement. What ever had happened had to of been good....

Coal shook his head and held up his hands to her, "No......." He said slowly. "I just really don't want to go to the hospital... Plus... it's fine... It's not that bad." He nodded to her hoping she would agree.

This was gonna be a long day for Jackle... First he has his superior break into his home, then she starts flirting with him or something. Now she expects him to buy her a drink after all the awkwardness and trespassing. She's very lucky that she's his direct superior, otherwise he wouldn't be going along with this.

'Out of all the people, I get the one person who's going to stalk me wherever I go... Wonderful.'

"I don't think violating my personal space is going to ever make me comfortable. Besides I don't drink alcohol in the morning if that's what you're getting at. How about some coffee and breakfast then if that'll sate you. Maybe then you'll be kind enough to grant me the permission of your damn name."

Jackle had the feeling that no matter what he said, she wasn't going away. So knowing this he grabbed his wallet and left his home for the cafe, making sure to lock the door this time. He then went to the cafe.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Victor Deucalion

As the elderly man sat in the R&D department a sour look had gone over his face. Around the table sat the chief scientist, his top security advisor, his Legal Advisor, and His secretary. Pointing at the head scientist He shouted "Would you care to remind me what you told me six years ago when we were watching this?" He spat the words at as if they were venom. Playing on the screen was Molly's battle with the Animen.

The scientist cleared his throat and then spoke "I S-S-Said it would be an Isolated In-In-incident sir, that mutations like that needed some outside influences ." The middle aged man said. And much as Victor would like to have thought that his stutter came from being afraid of him he knew better. "That's right... You also assured me that you were at the head of the field in genetics and that the Animen only Were defeated because she was an anomaly isn't that correct." His anger seemed to have faded but his words still held weight.

"Yes sir it would Seem I was
W-W-Wrong." The scientist looked pale as he said it. Yet Victor's face calmed. "There now was that so bloody hard?" On the screen opposite of them the Battle between the Peacekeepers and the villain Vanguard played on a loop.
Turning to his financial advisor he said "How much money did He manage to take?" He said.
The financial advisor was very calm when he responded. "they managed to take about 200,000$ but they caused at least a 7 million in damages." Victor just nodded as if he was told he dropped a nickel.

Victor stood and paced across the room for a few seconds finally he turned to the table and spoke one last time. "Find me everything on Vanguard, I want the evidence, I want you to sweep the city and find anyone who knows him. Spread the message. The Duke wants to speak to Vanguard. I also want you to find a contact who has information on the Peacekeepers, they have something I want, and I intend to get it." He stood up strait and tilted his head to dismiss the meeting. The different people in the room spread out to go and accomplish the tasks given to them.
Only his secretary followed him. "See to it that my dinner reservations are set, the governor and I are supposed to enjoy a fine Dinner as we go over my new construction permits." The secretary memorized what he said and began making the needed phone calls. "I have a good feeling about today." Victor said happily as he went down the elevator.​
Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Anderson

Anderson grinned as William and Sarah "greeted" him. Upon hearing the other man's voice, he immediately recognized it. It was Sparks. After Sparks pitched in and began to walk away Anderson gave him the finger. Princess? Really? He didn't even sleep. Right now he looks very far from any form of royalty. Turning back to William and Sarah, his hand ran through his hair as he tried to remember some of the key details of the video.

Not much came to mind. Mainly because the video didn't provide much detail. Most of what he saw in it is what they saw, a metal user wreaking havoc while his comrades attempted to escape. The biggest thing he could pull from it is a face of another bystander who sat on the roof, watching the event go on. Anderson could tell this person wasn't human due to some claw-like things coming from his fingers as they shone in the light of a flame. The fire was bright enough to illuminate the man's face. Possible witness, maybe they could have followed or at least saw where the suspect went afterwards.

Now having an answer, he could reply to Sarah's question. "Not much but what we had seen. Some metal bender causing chaos in the street while A.P.S tried to stop them. One notable thing I saw was a watcher that didn't seem normal. He seemed to have some metallic claws coming from his fingers. He just sat on the roof watching everything go down. A fire from the street provided enough light for a facial scan. Maybe this guy could have a lead on where this guy went or maybe he is an accomplice" he said. Unknown to Anderson, this was the nameless hero who's targets are found cut up and restrained in some way. Maybe the detectives knew of him.

The woman laughed aloud when Detective...no Agent Jackle turned her down on what he thought she meant. It appeared that Jackle was one of the very serious types. Sandra knew she was going to have fun messing around with this particular Agent. "Is that what you normally do? 'Cuz I was hopin' more for a glass of water rather than a stiff drink." The mischief had left and it was plain amusement now. "But I would love somethin' to eat. I was up the whole night purging a bug from the system. Someone thought it would be clever to try and plant a worm in our systems. I made sure that would never happen again."

The blonde quickly fell in step with Jackle and even though she knew the city like the back of her hand, she let the man lead the way. They always liked that for some odd reason.

When they arrived at the café, Sandra sat down and ordered herself some eggs, bacon, and a cup of coffee. A surprisingly basic breakfast for a supposed super soldier. While they waited, VIRUS leaned her head on her hands and watched the gentlemen carefully. "So, I read the application but I wanna hear it from your lips. What made ya decide to join?"

Archdemon Archdemon

Hathom took his respective seat while rolling his eyes. Kaylee never did let him help her cook. Even though it was something he learned to do before he met her. Not that he needed to but Hathom had spare time more often than he'd like. Instead of spending plagued by his thoughts, he distracted himself learning everything he could, staying true to his intellectual self.

Still, if Kaylee was in the kitchen, she would not allow anyone in it. As he phrased, it was Kaylee's time to shine. It was an endearing part of personality. The soldier was practically all smiles as watched her. Hathom honestly wished he had met Kaylee before. Even if his life wasn't eventful.....he could live life like this without any complaints. He absently wondered if his thoughts showed on his face while he watched before quickly deciding he didnt care. He had nothing to hide.

"You're lucky Coal." He commented absentmindedly to the teen beside him.

William tilted his head a bit at the new information. "Wait do you mean the dragon?" He asked. the dragon was pretty obvious as were the other two mutants that were killed by the dragon. But if this was a whole new person that they didn't notice on the scene, it would be something they would want to look into.

Sarah rolled her eyes at William. "If he meant the dragon... He would have said Dragon." She quoted with her fingers.

William had no comment towards this, he just wanted things to be clear. Vanguard had caused quite a commotion. Not just with law enforcers or with the APS, but with mutants too. It was extremely hard to miss. Mutant web sites were full of action. Few on the side of APS while other mutants.... They were strongly siding with Vanguard for some reason. Calling it a hate crime that the APS was in the wrong. It was clear Vanguard was in the wrong, but with the public..... It was a two sided coin.

"Ssssooooooo? Where should we start? Should we head back to the scene and check the area where this guy was, or should we just start the files and then head out?" Sarah asked. Sarah never really did like paperwork. She left that stuff up to William. She was more for the crime scenes, action and investigations. Plus her in hell hound form let her pick up scents. She could even track someone down. But Vanguard left in the air, so his scent would be long gone, not to mention that there were a lot of people in New York. She wouldn't be able to smell the whole city.

Kaylee smiled as she started to place together all the ingredients. She was actually surprised that this kind of went well. Normally Coal would be still angered, but it didn't look that way. She had to glance at the two from time to time as she went about her cooking.

Coal looked over to Hathom, lucky he says. Coal leaned over and whispered, "Yeah well... She only cooks when she has to break bad news to me.... This is probably my only chance to get waffles instead of chines food or pizza." He shrugged.

Coal looked back to his phone seeing that he had lost his little app game. Not too thrilled about it, well more like he wasn't happy with the situation at hand, he was just going to take his anger out on the game.

"So what shall we do today?" Kaylee asked in a chipper tone. She looked over her shoulder and still could not believe what she was seeing. This had to be the first /guy she brought home that Coal didn't seem to mind. Or that's what she was thinking.

"I.............." Coal had to stop himself from the remark that he wanted to make. It bugged him, it really twisted his arm. She was dating someone for six months and she not once told him anything. He glanced to Hathom giving him a sign of restraint before going back to his game.

Jackle hasn't had any alcohol for awhile, mainly because he hasn't been home for a while either. Last night was the perfect time to get wasted but he was already exhausted at that point so he just went to bed. She then said she'd rather have a glass of water than alcohol, and Jackle wasn't sure if she was joking or not, though it didn't matter when she said she'd go to the cafe.

Though what was interesting was that she said she purged a bug into the APS' systems, saying that someone that it'd be funny to plant a worm in their system. He would keep this in the back of his mind, unless later he discovered she was just lying but for now he would remember it. Well it was time to go to the cafe, cause now he has his wallet he can finally order what he wanted to.

As they walked he noticed that she walked around like she's already been this way, yet she followed Jackle as a way to show something. It probably was to show Jackle, or trick him into thinking that she didn't know where the cafe was. Well maybe.... No he should stop worrying and thinking because it's his day off, and he needed to relax his mind for tomorrow.

Upon entering the cafe they were able to get a seat and order their food. She ordered some basic food but this wasn't surprising since he assumed she probably would take into account of her weight. A supersoldier has to be at their peak so they aren't allowed to eat such fattening foods, or at least too much of it. Jackle himself ordered straight Black coffee, Eggs, sausages, and a fluffy waffle with syrup.

As they waited, Sandra asked a very specific question. Why did he decide to join? This question was hard to answer because he wasn't sure if she meant APS or the police force, or both.

"Join? Do you mean APS or the NYPD, or both? Depending on your answer I might have two stories or one."

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Coal's comment caused an eyebrow to raise but nothing beyond that. At least, not visibly because he didn't want to give the boy reason to complain any further. Whenever Kaylee stayed at his place, it practically turned into a brawl for who got to cook for who. A fight she always won but a fight nonetheless. Apparently, she only cooked at home as a form of appeasement. Hathom saved that little useful piece of information in archive for future use before responding to the teen, "Well, hopefully it will be a bit more often now with the bills taken care of and my existence revealed to you." The soldier whispered in reply while Kaylee wasn't looking.

Speaking a little louder so he could address Kaylee, "You want to go to the base to hang around, Kaylee? You could mess around with Sandra and Aleja while I get some touch ups. We can relax in the lounge or maybe Coal can watch my team train? " It was a dual-pronged attack. It could provide some entertainment for the day for his lady and Coal could watch Icarus train along any nearby members of the A.P.S. and hopefully discourage him from attempting anything too loud, if at all.

The augmented hacker was as happy as a clam when her food arrived and didn't hesitate to dig into her breakfast. She was rather thankful that the new agent's questions came after she finished rather than during or before. She didnt like mixing food and business. But the question that came out of Jackle's lips was hilarious to her. The girl erupted into a fit of laughs and giggles for a solid minute before she settled down, wiping a pseudo-tear from her eye and she lowered a piercing gaze into the man's face. "Darlin', I know almost everything there is to know about you since you were born. Every little award in elementary school to the last time you were intimate with a woman approximately 7 years ago....give or take."

"There's a reason the A.P.S. has never hired a mole or a double agent. That's cuz every applicant goes through me and there is very little you can hide from me sugah. I know why you joined the NYPD. Im giving you a chance to personally explain why you want to be part pf our group. I could go find out on my own, if you'd like?"

The woman was still all smiles but now Jackle would realize there was a dagger hidden those eyes and fangs hiding behind those full, pink lips.

Archdemon Archdemon Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Coal gave Hathom a very dull expressionless look at his words. The teen was not use to such changes and was still questionable about them. It would take a lot more for Coal to believe anything Hathom said or did. This was not just because he was dating his sister or even the fact that she had kept him a secret for almost half a year, this was just Coal. He never really did open up to others quickly... Nor in the best of ways. Maybe this was why he didn't really have any friends. Well he had 'friends' but none he would share his secrets to or even invite into his life outside of school. s instead of commenting back his eyes shifted to Kaylee before zipping back to his phone.

Hathom's next words caught all the attention in the room. Kaylee's eyes shot open as a huge smile stretched across her face. "OOoooooOO!!! That's a perfect idea." He bit her bottom lip a bit as she looked to Coal. Coal had his eyes on Hathom. A shocked and yet questionable look came to mind. Why would Hathom suggest that? Of all places, why APS' base?

"You can meet the others and get a tour." Kaylee started to count on her fingers.

Coal raised a hand towards her to stop her, "What makes you think I want to go?" He asked her... Well both of them as he looked to Hathom with a questionable look still there.

Kaylee shrugged, "Who wouldn't want to go?" She asked smiling to Hathom. "You aren't going to school in your condition and I can't really leave you home." Coal was now even more confused. It would not be the first time nor the last time he would home alone.... But he could tell Kaylee had some kind of hidden motive right now. He wasn't sure what it was and didn't like it.

Kaylee placed the first two waffles onto two separate plates before starting the next two.

While Kaylee's back was turned to them Coal looked to Hathom. His eyes narrowed as he locked eyes. The little staring contest would really mean nothing, but it was more for Coal... Trying to figure out in his mind what Hathom was up to. A typical teenager questioning adult authority or reason. Coal was just use to it being him and his sister, if it was his sister's idea he could get out of it... But he wasn't sure about Hathom. And right now he saw it as two against one..... What else would they team up on?

When their food arrived, Jackle ate slowly as he watched how quickly the woman devoured her food. Well he was about finished when she finished and that's when she started giggling at his question, which to him didn't seem that funny at all. She even wiped a tear, though he wasn't sure if it was real or not.

She began explaining, though briefly, that she knows everything in his life from awards he won in Elementary to the woman he dated seven years ago. This sort of ticked Jackle off, not her knowing his entire life since that's to be expected from APS, but for the fact that she brought up his girlfriend from so many years ago. Jackle then understood the question since she finally told him what she meant. Though from the way she ended it, she made it like a demand, kinda like a threat. Jackle did not like this girls attitude at all.

Jackle sighed, "Never mention Alice again, I'd rather not think about her anymore..." Alice Storm was a police officer, whom Jackle dated for two years after he got into the force. They loved each other but suddenly, Alice disappeared without a trace and try as Jackle might, he never found her and she was pronounced dead after four years of her disappearance. It can be noted that this was during the time when mutants began increasing in numbers, as did the amount of plants in the city.

"See after the mutants began increasing in numbers, we officers had so much work that we worked well into the night, we barely got any time off. Then police officers were being killed off like we were nothing, obviously to the point APS came to help. These people were my friends and coworkers, and just seeing them die like their entire lives were worth nothing, well it makes you angry. That's when I made my mark as an excellent detective, and I seen firsthand the destruction of mutants and the crimes they commit. Last night was the last straw, before I just filled out my application because I thought that I would turn it in when I really need to. Then you know everything else, one of the officers that was shot was named Sarah and she has a son and a husband. Well I'm glad that she has a chance to live but I know full well if she recovers she'll never be able to walk again. I joined because I'm too limited as a detective in the NYPD to do anything about this, I joined because..." He stopped for a minute, like he was trying to find the right words or maybe he was thinking of something else.

"I joined because I'm tired of having people live in fear of losing everything to a mutant."

The waitress came by with their check, and Jackle paid what the breakfast costed and left a tip to the waitress. He turned back to Sandra.

"Now are you going to tell me your name, please?"

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Time skip for......
Hathom, Kaylee and Coal........

Surprisingly, no one died at breakfast. After Coal found out about Hathom, Kaylee wasn't sure to what the outcome would be. To her surprise... nothing... absolutely nothing. Well a few angry words here or there between her and Coal, but other than that, things were going pretty well in her eyes. After breakfast the three of them found themselves making their way to the APS base. She glanced over her shoulder to see both Hathom and Coal walking close behind her. One happy, while the other... Not so much. She twisted her lips a bit as she moved right in the middle of the two. She gently bumped her elbow at Coal while giving him a bright smile. "Come on Coal, don't be all grumpy." She said looking to Hathom. "There is a lot of cool things here." She added.

Coal shook his head lightly and didn't bother to look at Kaylee nor Hathom. This was not where he wanted to spend his day. Even with a deal in place with Hathom, Coal still considered the APS as the enemy. This was there base, what kind of security measures did they have and would his secret be safe here? He finally glanced over to Kaylee and gave her a forced half assed smile. Well if they let Kaylee in, then the place couldn't of have been that secure? Right?

Kaylee spun around and took Hathom by his hand, she pulled him along in hopes the group would move faster. "Come on! We don't have all day." She exclaimed.... Yet it was her idea to walk the whole way. "I can't wait for you to meet everyone." She reached out taking Coal's good hand and started to pull him along too.

Sandra may act a certain way but there was something universal that was shared between all members of Icarus besides the eyes. Absolute, unwavering respect for the chain of command. So when Jackle's first sentence came to an end, all of the playfulness dissipated. Her smile was gone and she merely stared at the officer, watching him. If it was one of the other members, they would have corrected him then and there or possibly even dismissed him on the spot. She was his direct superior, after all. Sandra, however, was polite enough to let the agent finish his story.

After he was done, the blonde took a slow breath before responding. "My name is Sandra, but you aren't going to address me by Sandra. Ma'am or VIRUS is how you will address me." The cybernetically augmented stood and rounded the table, her eyes narrowed dangerously at him. "Because you're a bit cute, I'm going to let you off with a warnin' ....Never in your life tell me what to do again. This ain' the PD. We are a military branch. If I talk about something, you answer. If I tell you to jump, you ask how high. My first and only warnin' agent. Next time.... Well you better hope there ain' ever a next time or being out of a job will be the least of your worries." Without any further words, Sandra paid for her food and left the diner and her subordinate behind.
Archdemon Archdemon

Hathom absently wondered if Kaylee's little antics would ever get old one day. Then the following thought immediately crushed that one and threw into an incinerator. Hathom was always amused by her antics and always would be. The man was glad she had taken to the idea so well. He knew she liked the place but this reaction was a bit overkill. Even for her. The Captain knew she had something in mind and that something probably had to do with Coal. Hathom's plan was just to have Coal witness their training but Kaylee somehow seemed far more devious. Long squeezed her hand gently as she dragged them along to the base.

Wasn't unbearably long before they arrived but it was always a wonder as to why Kaylee liked walking places so much. At first, Hathom figured it was to maintain her figure but after dating her for 6 months, he wasn't sure that was it. He just settled with thst she probably enjoys walking is all.

With his full access license, Hathom entered the APS base through the personnel entrance and immediately laid eyes on SPARKS. The older man gave a small salute which Hathom responded in kind. "Well Kaylee? Where are we headed first?"

Last edited:
Erica stood outside of her dorm building early in the morning, taking a quick look around to make sure she was alone. She was happy to find that at least for the moment she had some quiet time to work, even earliest risers in her dorm were hardly up before 8 so she would have some private time to do a little testing. Rubbing her hands together she looked up to the top of her dorm, quite the ways up but that's what she was after, with a deep breath she stepped back and held up her hands. After another paranoid look around she thrust her hands forward into the air in front of her before pulling them apart. As her hands parted something began to form between them, some strange rift in the space in front of her tore open by her own hands, in the middle of which there was nothing but darkness. As soon as the rift was wide enough she dove straight in! Not giving her a moment to have second thoughts.

As she passed between the two rifts there was a moment, half a second or so, just enough for her to be aware what was going on there was a point where her body went in one rift and had yet to come out the other. The space between, the upside down as she called it in reference to a show she enjoyed, was a cold and dark place. It was pitch black and the time she spend in it was so short that she could never get an accurate view of what exactly was in there, though every time she passed between the two rifts the place never failed to send a chill down her spine.

Her body tumbled out of the other rift which had been formed just at the edge of the tall building leaving her at the top. She stood slowly and brushed off her grey hoodie and jeans turning to look over the edge towards the place she had just been standing. In the span of just a second or so she had traveled 10 stories up, about 100 feet she presumed, the farthest she had gone with this new power of hers! She grinned triumphantly and hung out up there for a bit, celebrating her little experiments success and taking in the sights from such a high up place. Eventually though she was forced to come down before the campus woke up and she wouldn't just be able to portal herself down without being spotted out.
----
A few hours later Erica found herself out and about in the city once again on the way towards her favorite coffee shop. Her classes didn't start till the afternoon so she had a bit of time to herself, so she decided to start by getting a nice breakfast maybe head over to the library later on. Who knew? The morning was hers to enjoy! As the girl walked she felt the constant chatter of a thousand minds nearby, one small pain about her.. specialty, was that it never really seemed to just stop happening. She was constantly reading minds, whether or not she wanted to and the unintelligible jabbering of the crowd got somewhat more annoying when it was inside your head, giving you a damned migraine. Erica had learned though that in larger crowds it helped her to focus on one person in specific, somehow she found that by doing so all of the other mental voices seemed to just fade away, and one persons thoughts were much more bearable than a crowds. So as she walked she focused on one person, shifting focus any time her target got too far away. For the most part the most popular topic to think about seemed to be the recent robbery, it had definitely been quite the sight, she herself had seen it on the news the night before. It was just sickening how people felt they could go around and abuse powers like this, as if they were some sort of gods, it was these sort of people she came here to stop. Maybe the bank would be a good place to visit she figured, to see if she could learn anything that could be helpful to her.
----
Shuddering from the gust of wind that blew dust into his form, he found himself taking shelter besides a large greenish-brown container that read 'Groot' in front of it. From the contents inside, he deduced it was some sort of disposal bin. He thought that he would have to hide his face, since he just had a serious encounter from the inside of the morning restaurant. Gripping a nearby bottle, and a discarded yet rare disposable camera, he created a set of shades that he saw to be quite popular according to the advertisements that greeted him every time he found himself perusing the internet. He found the bottle cap to the beer bottle and fashioned the materials to the side of the shades in a cursive lettering. 'Ray-Ban'. He slipped them onto his face, before realizing how easy it would've been to just change his face and physical appearance. He donned his stained sweater and stood up, scanning the nearby crowd for a face that would be easy to latch onto and assume the identity of.

He spotted a blonde pass by, seemingly content with the world. His face however, began to mold differently, taking on the same size and facial expression she did. Still with a single folded crease across his face, the semblance of lips, he flexed all the 'muscles' to get a full grip of having to begun to take on her identity. Standing up, he began to follow closely behind her, his heavy footfalls slowly growing quiet. He wanted to make this quick, to insure that if anyone were to see, they wouldn't notice anything too out of the ordinary with the gelatinous mass that was struggling to follow behind an unsuspecting victim. He concentrated on her, taking on her features. He felt his mass shift around him, the center of gravity shifting downwards from his chest to his waist. She started to fully emulate her walk pattern instead of gliding about like she normally does. She put herself into a state of ease, slyly thinking to herself how conniving she was, and how easily she was able to slip out of the cafe like it did. Well, not smoothly, but without much commotion in terms of the government and law enforcement. Eh, she had to take her victories somewhere.

Perfect, now she was in complete disguise. Or at least she's forced to open her mouth, or somebody asks about the reflective silvery skin.

Erica let out a yawn as she made her way towards the small cafe, breaking her concentration on her current subject momentarily, sort of glad she did, the guy was thinking about a movie she was planning on seeing, fuckin' spoilers. It was then that she picked up something on the edge of her awareness, something that didn't feel.. human, it felt like a bunch of random disjointed thoughts all happening at once in one mind. Who or.. whatever it was was following her, about 5 or so feet back, and from what she could make of the jumbled mess of thoughts she knew it's focus was on her.

She faked a yawn, rolling her head back a bit to disguise herself as she peeked over her shoulder towards this unknown observer. As she spotted what appeared to be her own doppelganger her gaze shot forward once again, and she tried to act somewhat natural. Her mind was racing now, just what the hell was that.. thing? It looked just like her, wore her clothes had the same face, it was uncanny, but it's skin... the weird silvery skin made it stick out like a sore thumb. She had to do something, that was the first somewhat rational thought that came to her mind, she couldn't just let whatever this thing was go around with her face, especially with mutants and the like running around and causing havoc. With her mental presence she could tell it was still following her, she could perhaps lead it somewhere, but where? Thinking quickly she turned down an alleyway between two buildings, waiting and watching for when it turned the corner.

Absentmindedly following her quarry, she had her thoughts somewhere else. Specifically, what the hell type of threat was this 'Vanguard' character to her? Was he able to manipulate her flesh and form? It would incredibly difficult to try and deal with that type of power and threat if they were to ever cross paths. Shuddering at the thought of being flung about like a ragdoll and split into a million indistinguishable pieces, she noticed herself making a sudden turn into an alley. Raising an eyebrow behind her shades, she started to slow her pace. What exactly was this particular civilian doing in an alley of all places? And why this one in particular? Was she cutting across? It hadn't really clicked yet, but she began to back up slowly. Trying to decide on another face to take, she couldn't find another. Right about now, was the correct time to go.

It wasn't the perfect plan, but at least the alleyway meant there would only be two ways for her double to escape, turn back or go past Erica. She stood just out of view of the thing as she waited for it to turn the corner. Already she could feel this being having second thoughts, she cursed at it mentally, there was no way she was letting it get away with her identity. As soon as the thing came close enough she shot around the corner and grabbed for the collar of it's shirt. "Who the hell are you?!" she demanded.

"Uh.." a metallic voice rang out, it sounded as if it had come from the other side of a metal canister. "I am you! Clearly!" she responded, adding a somewhat nervous chuckle to punctuate her remark. "Look, I know this is pretty weird, but I have a confession to make, I am your.. . Guardian angel!" She quickly made up. Most people wouldn't know what a enhanced person, much less a machine would look or sound like right? Slowly, she began to reach down to the warm hand that grasped the collar of her shirt. "You can let go of me now." she quietly pleaded. "Please?"

Her grip loosened on the girls shirt, mostly out of her own confusion and exasperation at her explanation. She laughed in disbelief and gave her a look "Just what the fuck are you talking about?" she demanded once again, trying to work her mind around the answer she had received. It had to be some sort of lie, right? Why would she have some weird.. body double, guardian angel thing following her around? She wasn't exactly someone special.

A little smile flashed across her face as the grip on her collar loosened. "I mean, don't you know? Pfft, you must be so confused." She blew hair that had drifted onto her face out from her eye. Strange, having longer hair was something that she would have to get used to, along with the exaggerations that she didn't harbor 5 minutes ago. "I'm Valeria, the Lord sent me to protect you from the evils that you are about to face, like boys and sex!"

Her jaw dropped, and all Erica could give her double for a long while was a look of utter confusion "You... what?" she asked, cocking her head to the side. Nothing in this situation added up, she wasn't exactly someone worth protecting by an angel, she wasn't even the most faithful of believers, this had to be some weird trick, or someones idea of a prank. "You can't be serious" she said in a deadpan tone of voice, her expression demanding more answers.

"Of course I am!" she sputtered, holding up her hands in surrender. "I mean, why would I be lying, that's a. . ." rapidly scouring the correct source of credibility for what exactly the bible enforced, she paused in speech to make sure she was right. "That's a sin, I can't lie, I am an angel, duh!" She forced herself to giggle. "Now, it doesn't do much in your favor if you're going to hold me hostage like this." She placed both of her cold hands on the girl's, trying to pry it off.

With a deep sigh Erica released Valeria, watching her warily "I.. still don't understand, well anything really about this, why are you here? Why me specifically? I know no one else is running around with some shiny body double like this" she said in an accusatory tone. It was frustrating, because while she still didn't believe a single bit of what she was saying, it wasn't exactly like she could dispute something this strange. "You've got to be some mutant just fucking with me, a shapeshifter or some shit, and any minute one of your buddies is gonna come around the corner and try to.. I dunno mug me or something!"

"Well, I, uh..." She had her in a corner now. Then something unexpected happened, she began to break down. She gave up on trying to convince this stranger that she was her magical fairy godmother and plopped herself on the ground, hands in her face. "I. . ." she was able to choke out."I've been living on the streets! I just. . . I just thought that I could follow you or something and hide in your place." A little on the creepy-stalker side, but that's all she was able to think up of, if she were ever had the chance to live, truly live, like those who needed to breath did. "I dunno what I was going to do!" She wiped a dark gray tear from her eye as she looked up to the figure that loomed over her, the figure that she had taken the form of. "Can. . . you help me?"

Erica just watched the girl, a sense of pity tugging away at her heartstrings. Pinching the bridge of her nose she nodded, at the end of the day, Erica considered herself a good person, at least she damed well hoped she was for what she was about to do. "Alright.." she said, looking down to the girl "look, I've got a shitty single person dorm that I live in, but if you really need a place to stay then I can make some sort of arrangements..." she trailed off before giving her a stern look "But you better start talking, the trust, what's your name? what... the fuck are you?"

Wiping away tears, she stood up, struggling to hold herself together. "My name? I dunno. I don't really have one." Brushing off the crap that brushed onto her while she had her little episode on the ground, she began to clear up her imagined sinuses. "I don't really know what I am either. I'm 109 hours old, and I can alter myself and my environment. I don't know how, or why, but I had been drifting." She began to recall the last few days of existence. "So much violence." she said to herself. "Is this what living is like?" She cleared her throat. "Uh. . . What's your name?" she asked sheepishly. "... and do you have a name for me?"

At this point Erica didn't know what to believe anymore, she just gave in to the fact that whatever her double said would probably not make much sense. Thinking on her answer for a moment she finally responded "I... unfortunately you've.. kind of found this city at a bad time... I'll explain more later. The name's Erica by the way, I guess I'll just call you Valeria, val for short, how's that sound?" she suggested before taking an awkward look around. "Erm... do you think you could.. change into someone different? This is er... really weird to be honest"

Confused at the request, she shrugged and watched the people who walked past. Nobody. Valeria began to observe her environment before she was able to locate a stray beauty magazine. Plucking it gingerly off the ground, she flipped through the oddly stiff pages. Finding a page with a model that she found particularly invigorating, she held the picture of the person to Erica. She was a fairly proportioned figure, thin-ish chin and brown hair, features much like an self absorbed fantasy race. "Is this any better Erica?"

She responded with a simple shrug of her shoulders "Er.. yeah that's fine, I er.. just don't really feel comfortable talking to myself... ya know?" she asked. "anyways... I guess we can head back to my place, I'll show you around, well.. what little there is to show.." she said, pulling out her phone to look at the time. She still had classes this afternoon, but luckily she would have a good amount of time to show this new.. friend? Around her place and maybe get her situated.

"Yay!" She cheered. Then, she focused on her task at hand. First, it was the face, it was always the face. Pouty cheeks, lips slightly parted with eyes only a little open. Shaking off that facial expression, she quickly modeled herself after the form that was presented, just changing the lingerie that was being presented as the product with something more comfortable. A baggy pair of sweatpants and a matching shapeless hoodie. "Alright then. Show me to where we need to go then. Are we taking the subway or something?"

Watching the girl in front of her change forms before her very eyes was... quite the experience, something that Erica would just have to get used to.. "It's not that far actually, we can just walk" she said, already turning the corner back the way she came.

Kaylee noticed the solute between Sparks and Hathom. Once they were done of course she had to rush over to the older man and gave him a large bear hug. Yes, she knew they were soldiers and all, but to her this was like her second family. When she pulled back from the hug she took the older man by his hands and dragged him over to Hathom and Coal. "You guys finally get to meet my brother." Her voice was all over the place as she was beyond excited it seemed. She hopped on her toes as she walked. She stopped and motioned to Coal.

"Coal......" She paused to make sure he was paying attention. "This is Sparks, Sparks... This is my brother Coal." Her words were calm while introducing the two. She bit her bottom lip as she looked back and forth between the two. She saw Sparks as an older brother, or maybe even some kind of father figure.

Coal had watched Kaylee bring the other APS soldier over to them and felt like a child when she introduced him to the older man. His eyes slowly shifted to her when she was done with the introductions. A very dull and un-amused look crossed his face. His eyes narrowed as he studied her for a minute, or until he found what he was looking for. And bam! it was right there. That little sparkle in her eyes when she was up to something.

He let his eyes shift back to Sparks for a moment but they were right back on Kaylee after that. She was indeed planning something.

Kaylee blinked as Coal was silent. She bounced on her toes a bit as she still watched the two. She frowned a bit and then looked to Hathom hoping he could shed some light on this little situation. She really wanted things to go well today. It was a great idea to bring Coal to the base, this gave her a chance for both of her families to meet. She glanced to Sparks hoping that the silence was not awkward yet.

Coal's eyes were glued on Kaylee.... What was going on in that bubble brain of hers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back