• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mutant Apocalypse IC

Anderson
As Sarah responded to his statement Anderson rolled his neck. He looked over to her partner, William as he was collecting evidence from the scene. You'd be amazed at what could be used as evidence nowadays with all of the technology we have. The samples William was collecting were rather simple pieces. Blood, a bullet, and an earpiece. Odd, wonder whose it was. Looking back to the ground, Anderson shook his head. Crazy. What one troubled kid could do with the manipulation of metal he thought. His head rose back up as he looked back at Sarah.

She had asked about coffee. God he could go for a go cup right now. He shook his head. "Wish I did. Once we get done here, if anyone's open, I'll get us all a cup" he said, pointing his thump over his shoulder and at his car. Anderson had never been a big fan of coffee, but after a few years he got used to it. Now, he loves a nice cup of coffee to wake him up, or to keep him awake. He folded his arms across his chest as he looked back to what William was doing. Jackie had approached him, possibly to give him a lead on the boy.

Right then a thought popped back into his head. He was their handler. Something inside him thought this wasn't going to be a normal assignment though, partially inspired by what just went down. Keeping his eyes on William, he spoke in a stern tone. "I need to tell you and William something in a moment". He wasn't sure how she would react to already knowing William's name, but he thought it may be moderately entertaining. Unfolding his arms, he put them in his pockets. His vision bounced between William and Sarah a couple times.

Kaylee smiled a bit when he told her he was ok. But after he coughed, she felt her eyes narrow and her ears got warm. He wasn't telling her everything, but this wouldn't be the first time, or the last. She would just have to see it herself. She looked to the bottle in her hands and nodded... Like he could see her response through the phone....

"Yeah. Plus I don't think it's a good idea to head home tonight..." She frowned as she walked back into the club. She headed for the managers's office and placed the bottle down on the desk. "I'll go ahead and clock out early." She twisted her lips as she looked around the room for a minute. Of course she wanted to see him, she also wanted to make sure he was ok... And not just saying he was to hide his condition from her. But sometimes she like that he hid things. Something she really didn't need to know.

She did like the fact that he he team had learned a few things from fighting the mutant. He did have a point. Next time they would be more than ready.

William looked up when Jackle came over to him. He nodded to the new information, "There's not much, but I think we got what we need for now." He stated as he held up the blood samples. He had his fingers crossed hoping that the mutant was already in the DNA files. But that was a very slim chance.

Sarah glanced to Anderson before looking back to William. For him to know their names was not really any shocker. They were two mutant detectives.... Most of the time people knew who they were before they even meet the other people. But she waved over to William. Catching his attention she waved him over. William turned back to Jackle and handed him the evidence he had collected. "Make sure this gets to the lab." He told him before heading over to Sarah and Anderson. "What's up?" he asked placing both his hands on his hips.

Coal ruffled through the bag pulling out crisp stacks on bills. Flipping through some of the stacks with his thumb brought a small smile to his face. After emptying the bag he moved his chair over to his closet. He stood on the chair and placed the money up into a hole in the ceiling. He had pushed the tile aside to gain access.

If one were to look into this little secret spot they wouldn't just find stacks of cash. Gold, jewelry and other items of value were stashed away in the ceiling of Coal's closet. Once finished he closed off the ceiling and tossed the empty bag under his bed. Surprisingly his room was rather clean, unlike most teens, but Coal was never really home. Between school, working for the mafia and some side jobs.... He spent most of his time away from home.

He made his way back into the living room and across the apartment to Kaylee's room, he peeking through the already opened door finding it empty. Coal walked in and found a few left over dollars and loose change on her night stand. He pulled his wallet from his back pocket and pulled out a few twenties. Leaving them mixed up with the rest of her change he left the room slipping his wallet back into his pocket.

From what had happened earlier to now... Things were very dull. He made his way to the kitchen only to find outdated left overs and practically nothing to really eat. He could just get pizza, but the teen was tiered of pizza. Kaylee never cooked unless she had big news to tell Coal.... News that would piss him off, or something he had been keeping from him. So instead he headed over to the couch and let himself fall onto the soft cushion. Even if it felt like a soft cloud... Coal regretted plopping on the couch. He grabbed his left shoulder forgetting that it still had a large bruise on it. The graze from the bullet and the dislocation were fix, but this was still there and would be a pain to work around.

He rolled over on his right side and exhaled slowly before taking in a deep breath. He was tired.... And he needed his sleep if he was going to go to school the next day... Maybe this time he wont fall asleep in class.

Molly Krystal

As she rose to her feet keeping most of her weight off of the bad knee she saw the dragon she had seen moments before make it's landing. "Woah..." Was all she could sputter out as her eyes tried to take in what she saw. It puffed out smoke but she hardly seemed able to take her eyes off of it's own dark glimmering green ones.
When she heard the voice in her head she flinched a bit on instinct. "Uhh hi lucius, I'm Molly. Uh... thanks?" She said a little less awkwardly but not by much.
Fortunately the awkward moment was broken up when the other two ladies spoke up. She was grateful when Rey helped steady her.
"Suit yourself, frankly I think I'm done with relationships as a whole. Too much stress, for most people stress is bad for them, in my case it's bad for everyone." She said with a little less venom than initially She seemed to perk up a bit at the mention of pulverizing. "What did you have in mind?" She asked with a mischievous grin.​
shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Boondox Boondox

Meanwhile...

Joseph Alcatel, the bandit

Joseph let out a low whistle, in the Civic. It was parked a few blocks away from the base he had come from, in the driveway of some random house. As he went over the armor and weapons those peacekeepers were toting he felt a little chill go up his spine. "These guys ain't playing around." He said quietly. The Image of an infuriated Molly launching at him with power armor and anti material weapons made his neck hairs stand up a bit.
Saving the armor and weapons files he grinned widely. "Bingo, now we're looking at the big bucks." He said as he opened the teams medical and psychiatric files. He fiddled through the list not really caring too much, but he figured some guys would pay top dollar for these files.
Opening another window on his wrist comm he hacked into the Printer that sat inside the house he parked in front of. He then copied the files and transferred them to the printer. Pulling two bullets and a cord from the shredder he placed the two bullets in one hand and connected the cord to the wrist comm.

He stepped quietly from his car and as he approached the door he took a picture of the keyhole with his phone sending it to the comm. At which point he brought up a 3-d model of the lock and dropped the bullets into the shredder. A low whirring sound emitted for a few seconds followed by a click. A key then fell from the bottom of the shredder, but Joseph caught it. He drew his taser again and unlocked the door. Fortunately no one was home except for a strangely friendly cat. He got the papers from the printer and made his way back to the car, making sure to lock the door behind him. Then as he started the engine he finally posted the add on the darkweb.
*You want Peacekeepers done in, I got whatcha need...* Under his usual anonymous title "the Bandit."
Not that it mattered there was no IP address to his comm, it would just send them to a desktop at a library in downtown Houston.

He pulled out of the random driveway and began to drive towards his cheap apartment in
Queens. Leased to the name Joey Alcatraz, one of Joseph's less crafty fake names.
"Man I wish I could drink... Then I'd have something to do while I wait..." He paused as he climbed his stairs. "Meh, I could go for some Chinese." He said calling the take out place in China Town he had on speed dial.
shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Last edited:
The sound of a military helicopter could be heard in the distance and Hathom had to breath a sigh of relief. They really came quickly when it came to evacs for whatever reason. "Chopper's here Kaylee. I'll see you there. Alejandra is going to go pick you up as soon as we touch down."

"And just stay over at my place then. I could use the company after this one."

With a few quick words and a goodbye, the captain hung up and relayed his request to SUEÑO, who accepted. She was generally the one who served as Kaylee's designated driver. The chopper started to land and all of the augmented soldiers started making their way to it. Helmet's in tow and BARD added Molly's weight to the mix, the piled in.

Rey: "Figured we can go raise some hell in training room. Pulverize a few combat drones and make the largest pile of robotic corpses The A.P.S. has ever seen. Captain's record is 286, all by himself. Think we can top that?"

DOC looked over at the two women curiously before shaking his head and taking a groaning seat. "Everything has to be a competition with you doesn't it, Rey?"

The red headed, augmented soldier laughed in response but otherwise didnt deny it. She had been trying to beat that record since she joined up with them a few years back. She's gotten close a few times though.

Now it was just a matter of going home, getting patched up, and waiting for the next day.

Anderson
Anderson, with a smile, looked at William as he approached. As he asked "What's up", Anderson looked at them. "Detective William Brandy and Detective Sarah Pitch, I am Agent Anderson Mitchels. I'll be your handler while you are in New York" he said calmly. He looked back and forth between them. They did seem like an interesting duo. He had seen what William could do, but he didn't catch what Sarah could. It was funny, a human protecting mutants. But everyone who's worked with Anderson has learned that he isn't just your everyday human.

He looked over his shoulder to his car. Damn he could go for some good coffee right now. He knew Sarah wanted some, but what about William? He didn't know if anybody would be open at this hour, but he good give it a shot. Maybe Starbucks was open. After a second of thinking his head twisted back to William and Sarah. Bringing his hands out of his pockets, he put them on his hips once more.

Checking his watch quickly, he could see it was past midnight. "So, who wants coffee? It's on me" he asked. His wallet was in his car along with his phone, so his pockets didn't appear to have anything in them. Anderson had learnt better to not bring your wallet with you when on call. The last one was stolen after he was sent from a two story window onto a fruit stand. Not only was he hurt, but he was a victim of the criminal he was sent to stopped.

Jackle took the evidence William gave him and started walking to his car. What an eventful night this was, and Jackle feared this wouldn't be the last one. As Jackle got closer to his car, you could easily see that it was a classic, a 1969 Ford Mustange. He unlocked the car and turned on the engine and took one last glance at the scene before him.

Alexander, William, and Sarah were all talking to each other, might be important but it's none of Jackle's business. Then there was Icarus, and it's team. Seemed like they were ready to go, from the looks of the military helicopter landing. Soon he might be apart of such a weird team, but that'll have to wait until later, right now he has some evidence to deliver. Though as soon as he turned his head he noticed a Dragon-thing on top of the barrier, guess it's apart of A.P.S as well.

Well for those in the area they heard Jackle's Mustange drive off as he headed back to the station.

When Jackle arrived at the station, it sure was busy. Well mostly it's just talk among the officers still there but it sure sounded busy. Quite a bit noticed Jackle as he walked to Forensics, he was dirty and had some dry blood on his shirt and pants, some on his head too. They wanted to ask but the look he had on his face told them it wasn't a good idea.

When Jackle arrived at Forensics, his friend Smith was there, waiting for the evidence he was to examine with the boys as well.

"Evening Ace, got some stuff for us?"
"Yeah..."
Jackle placed it on the table and Smith looked at Jackle.

"Man you look exhausted, I think you should go home."
"Can't, got some stuff to finish. I was pulled away from work to help the boys out. See ya later."
"Later Ace."

Jackle then headed off towards his office. Opening the door and turning on the lights was just an office desk stacked with papers, a computer, a trash can, and his trust chair.

Jackle went over to the chair and slumped down, he needed a smoke bad... So he took one out from his pack and was about to light it, then he just fell asleep from exhaustion.

Both Sarah and William looked to one another a bit confused. "While we are in New York?" William asked. Sarah crossed her arms over her chest as she looked Anderson over. "You do know that we live here." She added.

While Sarah continued to look Anderson down, William found it hard to agree to the coffee idea. They had a long day ahead of them in the morning, and sleep would be the best choice. They were not needed on the scene any longer, so this was a good opportunity to leave and then report to APS in the morning. "I think I'm just gonna head home. We have a big day tomorrow and if you're our handler... We don't want to keep you up any later than needed." William stated.

Sarah made a tsk sound through her teeth as she agreed with the look on her face. She was on the same boat as William. Even if she was craving some coffee it would be best to just head home. "tomorrow you can get us coffee." She smiled as her mood changed ever so quickly. "But William is right, its late and we shouldn't stay up any later than we need to." She shrugged.

William held out his hand to Anderson, "We look forward to working with you." He said shaking Anderson's hand. And with that William headed off to their car. They had to return it back to the station and then head for home from there. Sarah gave him a sloppy solute before following William back to the car. Jackle had the evidence for the department to go over and they were now officially in transfer. Once the sun rises they would be part of the APS......

Molly Krystal

As the others helped Molly into the chopper she couldn't help but feel a sense of family. She hadn't expected the day to go like this, it was Rocky to say the least but at least she felt welcome. With a smile she thanked her new crew. And as she took her seat she listened to Rey's proposal.
"286 huh? I could get that, with backup, we could set it at 500!" She sounded excited, but her yawn may have set a different tone.

She was exhausted and she doubted she could handle two or three let alone hundreds. She leaned against the back of her seat. "That wasn't so bad." She said aloud to the rest of the crew with an awkward smile. Between the lullaby of the chopper rotors and all the Regen she had to do today. Molly passed out sleeping soundly in only a few seconds, while she could use her strength all day with little problems, her healing tended to take alot out of her.

(The dream...)
The concrete came up to meet her as she fell onto the asphalt. Looking up she saw the three villains who were fighting her on the top of the parking garage in East Jersey. They called themselves the Animen and each one was a anthro, first was Mr.Big the anthro elephant with super strength, then was Mr.Swift the Anthro tiger, his reflexes were becoming a bit of a problem, and lastly was Mrs. Blue the anthro bird who's flight and Sonic screams were really grateing on Molly's nerves. As she got to her feet the three Animen charged her, mr.swifts claws slashed into her, but she ignored it, Mrs blue swooped in to take at her with her talons, but Molly swated her aside, her target was mr.big.
He dropped his massive arm to crush her but she managed to slip underneath his swing, then positioning herself behind him she wrapped her arms around one of his massive legs. Every muscle in her body went tight simultaneously as she lifted the ten ton elephant Man off of the ground and slammed him onto the parking garage with all her might. Perhaps it was too much force, perhaps the building wasn't up to code, however it happened it did. The six story parking garage came down. Mr. Big didn't make it, he slammed through six floors of concrete and steel, and then was rapidly buried in the rubble. Mr swift lost his footing and then his life under a four ton suv. Mrs. Blue managed to survive but only because she fell six stories and landed outside of the rubble.

It was dark when Molly rose to her feet, but it was far from quiet. The light was blocked out by the debris, but she could hear them, all the people. Begging for help, begging for a hero. "Hold on, I've got you." She said gripping the large concrete beam above her head. She pushed and light seemed to flood in. But only for a second. A loud crack filled the air as the concrete gave out to the massive weight above. The rubble shifted, the light was blocked out again, and the rest of the building came down, leaving Molly alone in the silent dsrkness.

Though she slept it was far from peaceful, her face was scrunched up and her brow wrinkled. She didn't speak or move however, only the occasional soft snore.
She wasn't leaned against the back of her seat anymore either, in the jostling of flight her head managed to fall onto the shoulder of the peacekeeper sitting to her left...​
shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Last edited:

Anderson
Anderson's hand went to the back of his head as Sarah told him that they lived here. He must have skipped over that in the file or he just forgot. He let out an "ahh" at the comment. He yawned slightly. William's comment did make sense. They were going to have a rather long day tomorrow and what they needed was some sleep, especially after this. Anderson had to agree. No coffee...for them at least. Anderson knew he wasn't gonna sleep tonight.

He shook William's hand with a good grip. Though it may seem like a normal handshake to Sarah and William, Anderson was actually studying the two. William definitely seemed like the "leader" of this duo while Sarah was the second. "Same here" he said. It was definitely going to be an interesting time. Maybe things would go a little differently this time, but something would always stay the same. As always, Anderson was surrounded by mutants, but he didn't feel powerless at all. As they walked back to their car Anderson waved goodbye.

Turning on one foot, he now faced his vehicle. Taking slow, steady strides, Anderson walked to his car. Approaching the back, he shut the trunk. Moving closer to the driver's side door, he opened it up. Before climbing, Anderson looked out on the lights of the city. Crazy how such a place can change without actually looking like it did. Taking a seat in the seat, he shut the door. With the window rolled down, he turned on the car. Plugging in an aux cord, he started playing music from his phone. The volume was decently high, enough to make an echo down the street. He waved once more to William and Sarah before driving off.

TIME SKIP TO NEXT MORNING

Kaylee waited outside of the club checking her phone over and over again. Sueno normally picked her up when things like this happened. She was still worried as the alcohol dragged out her feelings to no end. Well the end would be when she sobered up. But as of right now the bottle was still held tightly in her hand. Seeing as one was not aloud to leave a bar with an opened drink, she was asked to leave the bottle. But Kaylee refused and now found herself outside with an almost empty bottle of some kind of wine.

She checked her phone once more. Her body swayed from side to side as she tried to figure out her balance just to stand. But her thumb raced over her screen, only to refresh her text messages.

She gave up after a few minutes and decided to look around at the cars passing by. There were a lot of cars, but more people trailed over the sidewalks. He frowned a little before taking another sip from her bottle. She removed the bottle and held it upside down. This made her a little sad as she realized that she had gone through the whole bottle. She tossed in a nearby trash bin and went back to her phone.

SUEÑO didn't need to see what had transpired to get an idea as to why the captain's girlfriend was outside looking more pissed off then worried. She safely made the assumption that things didn't blow over so well at work and hopefully they understood. The soldier pulled up silently behind the bar and opened the door to greet the intoxicated woman. "Señora! Am I ever going to pick you up sober?" She asked with a teasing smile.

Alejandra circled around the vehicle and preemptively opened the door for Kaylee before moving over to the woman herself so she can assist her. She looked as if she could barely stand, let alone walk.

Kaylee smiled at the other before slipping her phone away into her bag. She laughed a bit at the woman's words. Hopefully sometime in the near future, Sueno would pick her up sober but tonight was not the night. Instead she let the other woman walk her to the car and get in. Kaylee felt lucky to have met Hathom and his team. Each and everyone of them she liked. To her this was her family... Even if they had yet to meet the other half of her family.

While sitting in the car her eyes were quick to look around the car. She had been in this car so many times, but every time she was drunk, so it always felt new to her. "New car?" She asked while running her hand along side the door. She looked to to Sueno and gave the woman a drunkin smile. Her smiles while drunk were cute yet funny. A real genuine smile while drunk would reach from ear to ear and her eyes would squint shut, showing the redness in her cheeks.

"It is the same car as the last twenty times, Kaylee." The soldier replied with the shake of her head and a smile. Wasting no time, Alejandra hit the gas and began driving towards their destination. Hathom had already been taken in for repairs and Kaylee was luckily closer than she would have been during her day job. The sniper glanced over to see Kaylee smiling that same, wide drunken smile and peal of laughter worked its way through SUEÑO's lips. She always looked like a happy little child that way.

After she was done giggling, SUEÑO turned back to the road and began asking, "So, how much did he actually tell you about the damage he took? Now that you dont have more liqour to drink of course."

Kaylee's jaw dropped as she placed both of her hands on either side of her face. "I drank a bottle..." She gasped. She seemed to be more shocked and awwed over her own words at the moment. She looked back around the car. In her mind she was shocked that this was the same car Sueno always picked her up in. But what made her mind focus a bit was Hathom.

She held up her hands in defense when she started to explain what she knew... or could remember. "He went through a wall.." She stated and nodded slowly. Even in her seat she seemed to be trying to find balance. Her hands moved about in front of her as she tried to keep her eyes open. You could tell that she wanted to say something but really she was trying to say everything at once.

She stopped herself for a good second or two and then turned to Sueno, "He flew through a wall.." She said with a serious drunken look on her face... "A wall." She then whispered.

The hispanic woman giggled a bit at Kaylee's little drunken antics. Though she was always seemed to zero in when you mention Hathom. Aleja didn't even say his name, merely his pronoun and she focused like a hawk. A drunk hawk but a hawk nonetheless.

It was clear that the captain flying through a wall is about the extent of her memory. Somehow she could picture the younger woman drinking normally up until that moment in the fight. Then she just downed the bottle altogether. The idea was hilarious but SUEÑO didn't want to laugh it. She got that way because of how much she worried. Though she had a strange way of coping with it.

"So Kayle...you ready to hear what you missed?"

Kaylee nodded. Her mind was going through a thick fog but she knew she had to focus. She brushed her hair back as she turned to try and face Sueno fully. Her eyes locked on the APS team member. She was ready.

She was ready to know exactly what happen.

Alejandra had to stifle a laugh at how hard she was attempting to be serious. She truly enjoyed messing with the lady.

"So he got shot 3 times. Twice in the body and once in the head. Headshot wasnt bad but he lost a lung and his liver literally came out of his back. Yet, he kept on laying down covering fire, giving out orders, gave a speech, and callef his woman before getting in the chopper for evac." The A.P.S. member paused for a moment to let her soak it in before continuing.

"He's getting put back together at the company and he should be finishing up by the time we get there.

Her words hit like a bag of bricks. The stern serious look on her face let quickly. Her eyes watered a bit as she pictured what Alejandra was saying. Her shoulders dropped and she sunk a bit in her seat. Everything else registered in her mind, but when she spoke with Hathom sometime ago... He never mentioned this. Probably because he knew she was around a lot of alcohol that she could get her hands on.

But she was now in a car, and she had already finished her bottle from before.

She glanced over to Alejandra, Basically Hathom could have died tonight. "How long till he can leave?" She asked.

The marksman smiled and rubbed Kaylee's shoulder a bit in an attempt to comfort her. "He should be finishing up by the time we get there. Dont worry Kaylee."

Alejandra laughed a bit to herself this time, " He's been rhrough far worse. I've seen him get half of his bod-" but the Icarus member quickly cut herself off before continuing. It probably wasn't the best time to mention exactly what kind of wounds Hathom had survived in the past. Considering they practically atarted Icarus squad together, SUEÑO has seen first hand what Captain Long was capable of...

...and where his limits were.

"He's fine. Trust me Kaylee. You'll have his lips again before you know it."

Kaylee smiled at this. That's all she really needed to hear, was that he was ok.

The next thing she noticed was Alejandra leading her through the hallways on base. Kaylee swore she knew where she was going, but at every wrong turn, Alejandra was right there turning her in the right direction. Yeah, just like how she thought the marksmen had a new car every time she picked her up. But once she found.... Alejandra helped.... Really she guided Kaylee..... Every step of the way.

But once she found Hathom the drunken girl turned ever so quickly. From once sad and worried, to happy go lucky and surprised at literally everything.

"Is it my birthday?" she asked when she entered the room and saw Hathom. Out of all their missions or fights they had been on... This last one was outrageous and out of control. Probably the worst she had seen since the two started dating. So in turn... This was going to be one of the nights where Kaylee was at her drunkest.

They had literally just finished closing Hathom up and replacing the damaged muscle tissue and skin. Honestly, it was as if nothing ever happened appearance-wise. Of course, personally speaking, Hathom always found it at first. The new organs and muscles always felt...awkward. Like if they werent really apart of him. It was always a matter of "breaking them in". Hathom felt conflicted everytime he got injured.

On one hand, it was great. No matter how severe the damage, chances were he was going to make it. But on the other hand, it made him painfully aware that his body was not his own. Whenever he got the smallest cut, his body would react to stem the blood loss but he could not heal from it. Everytime he was fixed, he was aware of how different a new part felt. Even his blood was not natural and needed to be changed out completely every few months. Similar to the oil in a car.

But no one could deny the benefits of having a nigh unstoppable machine delivering justice at all times.

Still, the thoughts were washed away when the black haired beauty stumbled through the door. A small smile touched his cybernetic features as she let out her little outburst, "Hey Kaylee. I told you I'd be fine." He said softly as he got up of the operating table.

Kaylee smiled and stumbled her way over to Hathom. Her emotions were all over the place at this point. So her face was displaying happiness and sadness at the same time. She opened her arms up as she walked across the room and closed them once she knew they would wrap around Hathom. "Hathom.... I'm so drunk..." She said in a muttering tone. She rested her face on his shoulder as she still continued to hug him.

She bit her lip as she imagined that one day she would not be able to see him after a battle. She pulled out of the hug, only far enough so she could give him a long awaited kiss.

She wanted to say so many things, but her drunken haze was not helping the situation at all. But she did know that she was happy to see him alive and well. Dealing with mutants was nothing to really joke about. They were getting stronger and becoming more of a threat to the people. And the only people who can stop them was the APS team.

She pulled back a bit and tilted her head as she looked him over. A soft look in her eyes as she met his, "I'm glad you're ok." She finally stated.

The taste of alcohol was unbelievably strong on her lips. Hathom absently wondered if she broke some kind of personal record tonight. His arms secured her to him as she looked him over. He placed his lips on her forehead before pulling her close by the waist as he began to walk out of the room, supporting her as they moved.

"Kaylee, you worry far too much. What's point of having a cool synth body if a bullet or two is going to take me out?" He asked lightly. He looked to the entrance of the door where he and SUEÑO met eyes for a moment. It was brief but the message was clear. The hispanic winked before silently slipping away to leave the two be.

Kaylee walked with him and nodded towards his words. He was right. What was the point of being made out of mechanic parts if it can't be fixed. She let out a deep sigh of relief. "Well... If it's any con..stilll... ation..." Kaylee had to slow her words down to say the bigger ones. "I'm making waffles.. in the morning." She nodded. Halfway through her sentence she had forgotten what she was saying. But figured it out quickly.

She didn't even notice Alejandra leave at this point. to be even more honest... She really didn't even know where she was, but it wasn't a problem as she knew she was with Hathom.

"Sounds delicious hun. I'll go and grab the batter after we get you in bed. I still have all of the ingredients in the storage closet."

Kaylee puffed out her cheeks. "Nope...." She turned her head as if teasing him. "My house.... My treat.." She turned back to him and pushed her finger to his chest. "And I only make waffles from scratch." She nodded.

She then stopped in her steps. She started off at a spot on the wall for a moment before turning back to him with wide eyes. She remembered Coal for a minute, but then the worry slipped away. "Wait..." She placed a hand on her chest as she felt her heart calm down a bit. "That's right..." She smiled, "Coal has school tomorrow." She turned to Hathom with a drunken grin, "Which means we can sleep in." She nodded with a come hither look in her eyes. Well.... she was trying to make the come hither look... but she wasn't doing a good job at it. it looked just like her drunken smile.... But with her eyebrows moving all over the place. She even tried to wink, but she was really just blinking.

Hathom was never one to laugh aloud but God be damned if Kaylee did have ways to make hin struggle not to. He had to turn away and cough a few times to avoid bursting into laughter. Kaylee was plenty sexy enough but while she was drunk, her attempts at seduction were priceless.

After a quick moment, Hathom composed himself and turned back to her with a knowing smile, "Im looking forward to what you have in mind."

After they had arrived, Kaylee refused to enter her own house because she INSISTED on walking her drunken self around her.....questionable neighborhood on the reason of trying to walk the alcohol out of her system. This wasn't something she was budging on either. So Hathom, Captain of Icarus squad, the best of the best in the A.P.S. had to escort his intoxicated girlfriend around her place until she felt she was sober.

It was questionable but she was able to walk on her own....eventually.

They entered the home silently and Hathom took a second to look at it all. It was his first time there and cozy was the best way to put it.

The apartment was quiet and dark for one. With the kitchen directly to the left upon walking in, to the living room taking up the center. To the left of the living room was a little hallway, that had two doors. One would be a closet while the other would be Kaylee's room. You could tell by the colors and stuff in the room seeing as the door was left open.

Across the living room was a darker and longer hallway. One could only assume that Coal's room would be down there. Kaylee had already taken off her shoes and held him in her hands as she tip toed through the door. She placed a finger to her lips and signaled Hathom to be quiet. but in reality, he was the quiet one. Drunken Kaylee... Well, even her "Sshhhhh" was loud in the quiet room.

She placed her stuff down on the counter, shoes, keys, bag and all, before looking over to the couch in the living room. There she spotted a sleeping Coal. Even with his own room Coal never really used it. He normally crashed on the couch at any chance he could get.

She smirked a little as she took Hathom's hand and guided him to her room. A giant still drunken grin plastered on her face as she lead the way. Half way to the room she almost tripped over one of her feet, but caught her self and balance.

Once in the room she shoved Hathom to the bed before turning around to close the door. Their apartment was small so there wasn't much distance from her bed and the door.

The door shut and the apartment went quiet once more.

"Hello soldier." Was the last thing heard coming from Kaylee's room.​

NEXT MORNING

The next morning was what one would expect. William and Sarah found themselves going through the security check to get onto the APS base. It took them a few hours to in-process and get their badges for more easy access, but at the end of it all they were relieved that they could soon get to work.

The fight with Vanguard and the APS team was still all over the news and social media. It wasn't a surprise at all but it did make the two wonder about future battles. Yes they will be more prepared for Vanguard, but what about other mutants? Ones that would be even stronger and had more control over their powers. The thought made William run a hand through his hair and then over his face. You could tell he was tired and had a lot on his mind. But then again, who didn't have a lot on their minds these days?

While William sat in the waiting room Sarah had wandered off and found one of the break rooms. from there she started to make her and William a cup of coffee. She couldn't help but notice that the place was a lot bigger on the inside than on the outside. She picked up both cups and started to head back to William. She was happy to have found him as the place was very large.

She handed the tired detective the cup. William was off in his own thoughts until this moment. He was happy to see Sarah find her way about, but even more happy that she came back baring gifts. "Just what the doctor ordered." He smiled as he took a sip from the cup. William dropped his jaw and let the lava like liquid spill back into the cup. "Every time.." He muttered as he could feel his tongue on fire. "Every time..." He had to say it twice.

Sarah rose a brow as she looked over to him. She had already downed more than half of her cup when she noticed William mumbling. "What happen?" She asked as she took a pause from her coffee.

William shook his head. "Nothing." He stated. Trying not to show that the coffee was too hot.

Meanwhile........

The next morning Kaylee fluttered her eyes open to find herself in her own room, in her own bed, with a guy she loved to be around. A smile came to her face as did the night before. She grumbled a bit as she ran a hand through her hair. She had way too much and her insides felt like jelly for a moment. She looked over to find Hathom still asleep. She liked this. Normally they would always end up at his place, but she felt like life was starting to turn in the right direction with Hathom at hers.

She looked around the room finding some clothes. She wasn't picky as to what she placed on, mostly just some loose fitting pj shorts and a random loose fitting shirt she found with them. She picked up her hair tie sitting on the night stand and quickly wrapped her hair up into a sloppy bun before tying it off.

She then made her way out of the room, leaving the door cracked open behind her. Her slippers made made little sound as they glided across the wood floor. She started by getting coffee ready and gathering all the things she needed for waffles. Without even noticing, a smile crossed her lips. She felt so much happier with Hathom here... At her place... She only wished Coal was here too..... Maybe it was about time she brought Hathom home to meet Coal.

"Morning."

Kaylee jumped dropping the last three eggs they had. She let out a startled cry followed by a moan of sadness. "Awww... Dammit." She looked at the floor and then up to find Coal on the other side of their bar like counter. He leaned over to look at the floor and then back to her. "Whacha doin?" he asked curiously.

Kaylee blinked as she tried to gather her thoughts as quickly as possible. "uuummm....?" she reached over and grabbed some paper towels to clean up the broken eggs. "Why aren't you in school?" She asked as she threw away the towels and eggs.

Coal shrugged a bit as he diverted his eyes from her, "Kind of took a nasty fall last night at the skate park." He said nonchalantly.

"Just because you fell does not mean that's a good reason to skip school." she told him. She frowned a bit as she looked to Coal, she noticed he was trying not to make eye contact. Child services was not going to like this. She let out a rough sigh and placed one hand on her hip and the other on her forehead, "How bad did you fall?" she asked hoping that it was actually something, and not just something small that he was trying to play off as a bad wipe-out.

Coal twisted his lips and really tried not to make eye contact now. "Don't freak out, okay?" He asked her as he went to roll up his sleeve to show her the large bruise on his left shoulder.

"Damn. That looks like a hell of a fall." Hathom said as his eyes whirred to life, scanning the injury thoroughly. The shoulder had definitely been dislocated and then popped back in. The kid took a hard hit for sure. "Put some ice on it to bring down the swelling and try not to move it much. Whoever popped the shoulder back in knew what they were doing. So you just have to wait for the body to heal now." His mechanical voice sounded rather strange in this house. Almost alien, but then again it was his first time here.

The sound Kaylee cooking had woken the captain up though the sound of her dropping something was what got him out of bed. He silently grabbed his grey uniform slacks and walked out to see the scene currently unfolding. The pale blue cybernetics running up and down his body making his identity rather obvious. There was currently only one man in the world with a synth body like that.

"You alright Kaylee?" He asked softly before moving to help her clean up. Funny enough, Hathom actually felt similar to her. He believed this was a step in the right direction for then.

So the captain decided to introduce himself to the family if his lover. "Name is Hathom, by the way. Hathom Long. Nice to finally meet you Coal."
He declared to the youth watching the two.​

Coal's eyes shot open at the sound of another's voice. He quickly looked over to find Hathom standing near by. Coal's eyes narrowed as if they as everything slammed into slow motion. Hathom's words rang through his mind but were quickly shoved aside. He turned to Kaylee who had gone silent as she watched Hathom enter into the main area of the apartment.

Coal gritted his teeth, holding back his thoughts for a moment as he watched Hathom help Kaylee.

"I'm fine." She stated quietly. Now it was her turn to not want to make eye contact. "Just dropped some eggs..." She forced her words to sound happy, but failed miserably.

"You have got to be kidding me...." Coal grumbled in a low tone.

Kaylee held up her hands, "Now Coal..."

"Don't now Coal me..." Coal snapped. He pointed to Hathom, "What the hell is this?!" He demanded. Kaylee glanced to Hathom and forced the best smile she could, "Hathom, meet Coal..... Coal.... meet Hathom....." Kaylee seemed very cautious with her words at this point.

Coal shook his head and gave her a disappointed look. He turned his attention to Hathom only for something to really catch his attention. The man's eye.... It looked just like the one from the APS captain from last night. He froze immediately. Did this guy know who he was?

Coal took in more as he noticed the rest of the synthetic parts all over the guy. He slowly looked back to Kaylee, you could still tell that his emotions were on fire. "How long?" He asked. Kaylee blinked, glancing to Hathom hoping for an answer that wouldn't make Coal so angry.

Coal slammed his fist on the counter, "How long?!"

Kaylee shrugged and twisted her fingers together nervously. "Six months...?" It wasn't a question, more like she was questioning how Coal would react to this.

"What?" Coal couldn't believe what he was hearing, "You've been dating a terminator for six months?" His jaw dropped as he looked at both of them. But his eyes settled on Hathom. Had this guy been onto him for six months? Was he hunting him?

Hathom was..... admittedly taken aback by Coal's outburst. That was...unexpected to say the very least. Seeing Kaylee be so meek against her brother's anger almost caused the man himself to become agitated. He had never seen her act in such a fashion. Especially to someone half of her age. Though, he supposed it made sense now why she didn't offer after half a year if this is what it was like everytime she brought a man home.

The captain stood up and straightened his back, bringing himself to his full 6'4 height status, clasping his hands behind his back. A classic military position but it was one that he preformed so often that it was basically his at rest position these days.

He said nothing at Coal and Kaylee's bickering, merely letting his eyes jump between the two as they spoke. Though, even the captain had to crack a smile at that terminator insult. He hadn't heard that one before. The man supposed he did look something like a terminator with his shirt off and augments glowing freely through his skin.

Hathom let his mind wander for a second and he could understand the boy's anger a bit. If his own sister suddenly came up to him and told him she was married, Hathom would also be upset. Though, the reasoning would probably differ between the two.

The soldier inclined his head slightly, "Then let me do this officially. My name is Hathom Long. I've been dating your sister for about half a year now and this is the first time I've stepped in your home. You don't know me but I want y-" That was when Hathom looked up and looked at the teenager's eyes....really looked at them. Something clicked in his mind and his augmented brain rapidly searched for the image that it resembled. Nanoseconds later, it appeared. The same damn eyes as the masked villain last night that nearly killed three law enforcement officers. The same exact, transparent look of realization and shock came across Hathom's features for a second before they settled into a neutral state, giving away nothing. A robotic poker face.

Things just got so much more complicated.

"Or perhaps you do know me."

The augmented human gave his girlfriend a small smile before turning to help her cook.

"Well, Mr. Coal Black. We may not have had friendliest first impressions but I'm sure you'll come to accept me one day. You can test my mettle. It won't break so easily."

Last Night:
Jackle had slept for an hour or two before the chief woke him up. His office was the same as ever only, Jackle's head was on the desk with the cig on the floor and his lighter still in his hand. The chief nudged Jackle gently so that he would wake up, which he did.

"What is it...?" Jackle was slow to get up as he needed to wake up. But when his head was up he stared at the chief.

"Time for you to start going home Jack. You've been working hard this past year, it's time you took a well needed break. I want you to take tomorrow off, you need it! With the way you've been rigorously working yourself over these cases, you've barely had time to enjoy life. I feel that you need time to relax so you don't have work tomorrow."

"Chief.... I can't just relax when there are cases to be done! I..."

"Don't argue! You need the break. So in the morning go out into the town and relax! Go enjoy the city, find a girl, go to a cafe, or something! Just relax!"

"You know I don't have time for women... I haven't dated one for seven years."

"Maybe you should start now. Anyways go home and rest, I'll have forensics notify you when they've analyzed the evidence. Later Ace."

"Night chief...."

And so Having gotten the day, forcefully, off tomorrow Jackle decided to return home. His apartment was nothing special, it was quite small but the again he didn't need much since he lived by himself. He has a kitchen, living room, a Bathroom, and a bedroom with the necessary items that belong to them. He hanged up his coat and while still wearing his clothes, slumped onto the bed and fell fast asleep.

Next Morning:
Jackle woke the next morning with a headache, and wandered into the bathroom to do what needs to be done. He took a shower and got dressed in his formal clothes, which is basically his detective clothes since that's all he cared about. He then left his small apartment to, enjoy his day off but he'd rather be working.

He went to some cafe nearby that had a pleasant aroma to it, and ordered a straight black coffee and some breakfast since he hadn't eaten yet. The televisions had on the same story about the robbery last night and how A.P.S fight a mutant which fled the scene, and how he critically injured three officers in the line of duty. Jackle was determined to take down this criminal and bring him to justice, hopefully Forensics can get something from the evidence that he picked up.

((Jackle is open for people to interact with now! :D ))

Last edited:
SPARKS: "Detectives. If no one has done it, then let me be the first to welcome you to the A.P.S. If someone has welcomed you, then fuck em. Because I'm gonna be the one to give you two the grand tour while Anderson is still gettin' his beauty sleep. Like the pretty little princess he is." The old man spit out jokes and taunts like old chewing gum but his face never wavered from its annoyed grimace. His voice was always gruff. Truly, the textbook definition of a war veteran who has seen too much of it.

"Come along then upstarts." He said with a wave of his hand, not waiting for them to agree or not.
Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

"Molly? Molly come on. Wake up!" Molly had fallen asleep on Rey during the flight home and the soldier felt guilty just tossing her ass out of what looked to be a deep sleep. So BARD took personal responsibility and brought the metahuman to her own, personal room within the company. She had literally slept the entire time up until this morning. Rey could understand exhaustion but this was ridiculous. "AGENT HAMMER, GET THE FUCK UP!"

The DoomyFish The DoomyFish

The moment the boys at Jackle's department heard VIRUS calling to confirm his applications, they told her that he was off duty today and would be for the whole day. That caused the blonde southerner to have a bright idea.

A few light knocks announced her presence at the detective's apartment. "Yoohoo! Mr. Detective. I got some purty good news for you!"

Archdemon Archdemon

Last edited:
Coal had a dull yet unimpressed look on his face as he stared down Hathom. The man's introduction started off in a very fashionable manner.... but when he paused, Coal was quick to pick up on the fact that Hathom knew who he was. The guy had a great poker face, but his words struck Coal deeply. First impressions..... If Kaylee picked up on this.

"Wait." Kaylee drew all the attention to herself as she stepped in. She took a good hard look at Coal while she placed a hand on her hip and the other on the counter. "What does he mean by 'popped back in'?" She narrowed her eyes a bit. Yes when it came to guys she would bring home, Coal's anger was something she wouldn't really fight back about. She realized that if she just let him yell the arguments wouldn't last for more then a day or two.

But when it came to Coal's health..... She became super sister, or aggravated mother.

"Don't change the subject." Coal hissed.

Kaylee folded her arms across her chest and gave him a stern look. Coal caved to her stare down. "I fell is all." he huff out a deep breath. "And after wards so guy put it back into place... Nothing serious...." Coal was no the one picking his words carefully. Holding back the truth behind things.

"A guy?" Her toe started tapping. "Who was this 'guy'?"

"I don't know... Some guy..." Coal was loosing this battle.

"Is he a doctor? Did you go to the hospital? Did you ever think to call me?" She asked.

"No, no and no...." Coal grumbled.

Kaylee shook her head as she took a deep breath to calm her nerves. She looked around the kitchen trying hard not to stress out. She let her shoulders drop when she remembered the eggs. Those were the last three eggs they had, and to make waffles she needed to get more. "I'm going to run to the store..." She started to head to her room. "Well in that case, I'm just going to go to school..." Coal started to head towards his room. "No you're not." Kaylee called out from her room. Coal paused and looked back to Kaylee as she came out from her room a bit more dressed then before.

"Why not?" he asked. "You want me to sit around here and just accept.... " He looked to Hathom, "That you're dating Robocop over here?" He turned back to her only to see an even more angered Kaylee. "You always do this... every time... why?" She asked.

Coal rolled his eyes at this.He knew why he got mad. She would never tell him about the guys she was seeing. He always found out two weeks later or maybe even a month. But out of all of them, this one took the cake.

Kaylee waved her hands about, "If you don't have a reason, then don't be a little bitch." She said storming towards the. She popped back in, "And don't go anywhere. If we don't get your arm looked at child services will think i can't take care of you." She was quick to leave again. Both times slamming the door behind her.

The room fell silent. Coal looked around the room trying to cool his nerves, but stopped when he looked to Hathom. He was probably dating his sister to get to him... Or something like that.

William and Sarah both turned their attention to Sparks as he addressed them. Quickly to their feet they followed Sparks. Making sure they had everything before leaving. Sarah had already downed her coffee so she was ready to go. William was still holding his hot cup of coffee and also went to go through some of the papers in his hand. "Yes, we have already done our in-processing and have yet to be shown around." William was nervous, but only Sarah could tell for sure. He would state random facts, or things that were pretty obvious.

"We have yet to be shown to where we will be working or who we will be working with..... Besides Mr. Anderson." She recalled him from the night before. And she wanted to laugh at Sparks' jokes, but she didn't know how this place reacted to joking yet.

But this was a good opportunity to see the APS team away from the action. She wanted to know how they worked, and as a mutant, she knew she could be helpful here. She reached over and took the coffee cup from William. He was struggling with keeping up, going through the papers and holding his coffee. She was a team player when it came to these moment.

She downed the coffee without a care in the world. Making William stop and stare at her for a moment in shock. He raced back into step to keep up. Yeah, Sarah was a team player.... But not when there was coffee involved.

While at the cafe Jackle felt like he forgot to do something important... What was it? The more he thought, the more confused and frustrated he was. What could he have forgotten? He then decided to check his pockets, only to discover he forgot his damn wallet. How careless was he to just forget it and then order breakfast and coffee. What a pain in the ass...

Jackle came up to the waitress "Sorry miss, could you hold off on my order for a bit? I forgot my wallet and I have to go collect it to pay for it." Though it was inconvenient, the waitress nodded and Jackle left after saying thanks. He jogged back home, something he hadn't done in such a long time. Maybe the chief was right, maybe he was too stressed, he'd have to be if he left his damn wallet.

Now that Jackle realized it, he had never really stopped and admired the city and his neighborhood. It was quite beautiful in its own way, though he'd rather not have to deal with crazy people with powers. He slowed down and walked while admiring the place he was out to protect from crime.

Back at home, VIRUS stood in front of Jackle's door leading to his apartment. The door was carelessly unlocked, though in the neighborhood he lived in there was no real threat of someone breaking in, still it was a careless mistake.

If she were to enter, she would find the kitchen first as the cabinets, refrigerator, oven, and sink were to the right on top of a tiled floor. Next would immediately be the living room with a couch, reclining chair, a 50in TV, and a glass coffee table. The area itself was very neat and clean yet it looked as if it wasn't really used as much. Now there to the left of the living room was a hallway which would lead to Jackle's Bedroom, his bathroom, and the Laundry room. The door on the right lead to his bedroom which is also very neat and clean. The bed would be made and his closet full of clothes, all of which seem more formal than casual. If one were to look at his bathroom, they'd find it was also neat and very clean. The laundry room had its standard washer and dryer, it also had an Iron and an Ironing board as well. That is the entirety of his home.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

The man lapsed into silence again while the siblings reignited their little power struggle, politely looking away while they argued. He was waiting for an opportunity and he got one much sooner than he expected.

The Captain of the APS leaned on the counter opposite of Coal and spoke very softly, a metallic whisper in the silence of the room. "Listen kid and listen close. I'm not going to ask why you do what you do. Im not going to question you on your life choices." The next part looked like it physically hurt Hathom to say, "and out of my love and respect for your sister....that is the only reason you aren't ziptied and being hauled to a mutant prison."

The synthetic man backed off and turned away, as he could hear her about to leave the room to say something, "Kaylee, did you forget I'm a medic? I can make sure he's okay. Don't worry so much!" He called out with a laugh. It was times like this where Hathom was grateful his cybernetic voice made hard to discern a real laugh from a fake one. Though Kaylee did know Haythom rather well and that was worrying at the moment. Regardless, when she left he needed to have a few words with the volatile teen.

Which his worries were meaningless because it seemed she didn't even hear him as she stormed out of the house without a word. Hathom was thankful he had never pissed her off before. That looked scary even to a cybernetically augmented supersoldier. A low sigh escaped his lips as he turned to Coal once more.

"What exactly do you think the A.P.S. is kid? Be honest."

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Last edited:
You could tell Coal didn't want to buy into anything Hathom was saying in the moments before Kaylee had left. But once she was gone, the room felt a little tense for him. His eyes were locked onto Hathom for a good while, even after the man had asked him about APS.

Coal let his eyes wander around the room for a minute. Because of Hathom's metal, he would feel a strange shift in the air. It didn't seem threatening, more like as if Coal was looking for something. He was.... With the Captain of the APS at his house... Dating his sister... Coal was getting paranoid. Thinking that maybe the cyborg rigged his apartment with cameras or wires....

Coal finally looked back to Hathom and the little shift in the air faded away. He still seemed to be on his guard though.

"APS...." Coal started his thoughts out loud. But mostly finished in his mind with a mocking gesture on his face. "I really can't answer that right now... Seeing as you of all people." He waved his good hand through the air gesturing to the whole world. "Just", So happens to be Dating My Sister." Coal rose a brow to Hathom. He took a seat at one of the stools by the counter.

Coal looked to the counter and shook his head a bit. A lot was running through his mind, and questions he thought were random were just stalling his train of thought.

"APS keeps the peace when it comes to mutants......" Coal frowned a little as he thought over his actions. "And I know first hand as to why..." His last words were a bit on the soft side.

He dropped both hands before him on the counter and looked to Hathom, "My sister..." The look in his eyes said it all. He was now asking why.

The pink hued light crawled over the horizon with fusion reactor in tow, over the trees, and into the closed eyes of the man sleeping on the nearby park bench. He was completely still whilst he slumbered, no breathing, nothing. Quiet too, a few pigeons had landed and began to observe the landscape around him, the park teeming with little bits of life, the owls finally beginning to rest as the robins and geese took their place, roosting and claiming their territory in the sky. The city never slept, the lights from buildings having illuminated the city from night to day, only the sun being bright enough to snuff out the streetlamps.

And so, at precisely 6:30 AM, the metal statue began to groan and creak, the birds that had previously been resting on him fluttering away in a flurry of feathers and confusion. He noticed that his hat was missing. Wasn't the birds. Shrugging, Leo ruffled his own hair, his hands running through the little locks that had bundled themselves up on his head. Or at least the way he liked it. He didn't have bedhead from mashing his face into a pillow, one of the upsides of sleeping like a homeless person.

He brushed himself off of the substances that had decided to gather himself on his body, mostly brought in by the wildlife that had inspected him. Day 5. Another day to see what the world might have to offer. A few people passed by him during his morning routine, Leo earning their concern or fear from how he previously laid still or how he suddenly got up. He was fully ready for whatever the world might throw at him now!

He rubbed his eyes, something that he learned that people do when they wake up Day 2, after being chased out by a broom. Whoops. He still didn't understand most of what this world had to offer, even after he perused the database that was simply called 'The Internet'. Strange place full of cats, jokes, and human trafficking apparently. He even learned how to make this funny crystal solution. Pennies, ammonia, and bleach! He would have to try that with a few friends later. Realizing that by definition, he had none, the edges of his lips pointed downwards.

But something else wrested control of his short attention span. An area where multiple people congregated inside of. It was a 'cafe' he remembered. He stroked his somewhat small chin. Maybe he should go in. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, learn what people did at this 'cafe'. It was a short walk to this place, the place populated by few people at this particular time. He figured that he would sit down in a booth, and if something was going to happen then it might as well. He was greeted by a 'waitress', who asked him for an order. Pondering what exactly this restaurant might serve, he identified the specific drink that the condiments on his right hand side must be used for.

"Coffee." His voice came out a little etchy, like it was put into an aluminum can, sealed away, and then let out weeks later, only echoing around the metallic walls for days on end. The waitress looked at him sideways, cautiously reaffirming his order. This time, Leo curtly nodded. He really didn't want to be kicked out of the joint, the silvery sheen of his 'skin' was already drawing unwanted attention.

And while waiting for his drink to come, he simply indulged in the scene before him. People bustling through the door in a hurry, and then hustling out. Some were content with simply sitting down and staring at their phone or laptop. Some frantically pounded their fingers away, while others scrolled up or down, reading whatever it was they were. One abruptly got up while talking to a waitress, and left like a leaf on the wind.

He sat back somewhat into his seat as he got his boiling hot drink. He paid her immediately, being informed that she would come back with a receipt when he was finished with his drink. Nodding, he still gave her the $5.00 that the coffee was worth. She heaved a sigh, and accepted it before returning shortly after with a receipt and putting him out of her mind.

Watching the licks of steam curl off the liquid, he studied it closely before imitating the very same person he watched order the drink, bringing the cup close to his lips, and tilting it towards his face slowly.

And when it touched his fabricated face, the liquid began to destroy the nanobots that he was composed of, causing him to spill it all over himself. It seemed like it ate through him, much like acid is portrayed in a movie or television show. He flapped about, his mouth hanging open in silent shock, the coffee having fully exited the cup and generously applied it to his lower torso and legs.

He was half a man now, clinging desperately onto the table with his arms. Never again he thought, never again. Now he was the source of attention, a few people beginning to dial quickly on their devices. Show's over. He pulled his pants out of the sopping mess, and began to take a few particles from the tile floor. Repurposing the floor for his new legs by leaving a crater in his place, he jumped into his pants, and bolted out the restaurant.

People came to investigate sometime after he made his emergency exit where he forced himself to push through the crowds, and into an alleyway where he thought himself to be safe. He checked his vitals, which were just mostly making sure there wasn't any odd holes in his body that people could peer right through. All was fine now he thought to himself, making it towards the other side of the city block.

Never again.

Hathom's eyes narrowed as he felt the familiar tug on his bones. He was about react violently until he noticed that Coal's wandering around the house. From his understanding, Vanguard could manipulate metal, polarities, and possibly EMWs or electromagnetic waves given by that last little stunt that allowed his escape. The kid was probably looking for something. That something became painfully obvious a second later. "I do remember saying that this is my first time here."

"Don't flatter yourself Coal. Up until last night, you weren't on the A.P.S. radar. Which brings me to my point...."

The soldier waved off his question about his sister. He would get to that. Right now, explaining to this kid how the world worked was more important.

"The A.P.S. doesnt get deployed for petty thieves. They dont get deployed for drug addicts. They dont get deployed for murders or serial killings. Thats the job of police and detectives. The only time we get deployed is when a self entitled metahuman decide to have a good time causing havoc because they think its fun. Even put in a little ear piece to listen to some music."

The captain paused for a moment before really boring a hole into the teenager's eyes with his own. As if technology had finally reached the point where it could see souls.

"You look into my eyes Mr.Black and you can see the eyes of a killer. Someone who has taken many lives for many different reasons. I look into yours and I don't see that same darkness. You aren't a killer.....and yet you almost killed four people last night in the blink of an eye. Three of which are still hanging on the line between life and death by a goddamn thread!" He yelled, the robotics making the sound much more disembodied and disturbing in his anger.

"It's still not clear whether or not they'll make it. You could very well join the ranks of murderers in a few hours. All because of what? Because you wanted to have a little joy ride with your abilities?!"

It took a long moment but eventually, the anger subsided after Hathom took a few breaths. He had to remember who this kid was....

"I met your sister after I took my squad to a nearby bar after we finished a mission. We hadn't even taken off our armor yet. She claims....something about me caught her eye and when I told her what we did and who we were, she asked us to swing by again."

"....her knight in strange armor, she tells me..."
the synthetic being chuckled and a truly genuine smile touched his face at the memory. His eyes lost in them for a second before returning to the present. "I meant what I said, Coal Black. But A.P.S. is looking for you now. You better cut the bullshit. People's lives are at stake and this isn't a damn game. If you do one more thing to attract attention to yourself...we WILL know."

"You wont have the icognito benefit next time. We know how to take you down now. If you dont want to take mt advice for yourself then think of your sister. What she'll go through if she finds out that way."

The officer leaned in to the young man, "No more games Coal. Next time its over. Dont let their be a next time."

Hathom pondered for a moment before adding, "Or at least jam the slides of the guns so they can't shoot in the first place. If you're going to go do it anyway."

Anderson
Anderson didn't sleep. Sleepless nights were a common occurrence for him now. He was surrounded by empty coffee cups with one in his hand. His handgun sat next to his laptop. On the browser was a video of the fight last night taken by a bystander. Anderson took a glance over at the clock on the border. He looked back to the video before his head snapped back to the clock. "Shit..." he muttered. Gulping the rest of the coffee down, he launched it to the wall as he took his pistol and put it back in it's holster. He slammed the laptop closed and almost jumped out of his chair. Running into the bathroom, he fixed his hair into it's usual spiked fashion. He mumbled curses as he looked at the bags under his eyes. Moving back to the living room, he grabbed his keys, badge, wallet, and phone as he ran out of the door.

On the verge of speeding, he drove to the office. He could only expect that William and Sarah would be there. His music was blaring once more as he went along. Some people are surprised by Anderson's music. It seemed to go against all he stood for. He just listens to it because of they way it sounds. Rap mixed with rock makes beauty. He had passed by the scene from last night on his way. It appeared to be blocked off as more evidence was being collected. He let out a sigh. "Teenagers" he said softly as the car moved on.

Pulling into the A.P.S lot, Anderson exited his vehicle. As he entered the building and went through security he showed his badge so he wouldn't be seen as a threat walking in with a pistol. Passing through, his eyes went searching for the detectives. He found them following another agent he hadn't recognized. Anderson probably knew them, but he was tired. "There you two are. Sorry for being so late, reviewing some video evidence from the little event last night" he said. Bags were very visible underneath his eyes as he stood there. If anyone could remember, he was wearing the same clothes from last night. Once you get to know Anderson, you'll see that this was usual.

Coal gave Hathom a dull look until the man mentioned the people that had been hurt. He looked away and shook his head a bit. This guy didn't know him, and if he had been dating his sister for half a year than he would have some idea as to why he did what he did in the first place. If one were to look around a little more closer they could see the late notices for bills and that there was food in the house, but not very much. Just getting by as best they could. Kaylee and Coal would have already been evicted if he hadn't used his powers to gain some extra cash. Hiding it in places in hopes that Kaylee would find it and think that she had misplaced some money here or there. She made peanuts at both of her jobs and if Coal suddenly started paying the bills she would wonder how he was doing so.

He rolled his shoulder a bit feeling the discomfort from the night before. He had taken some pain killers last night, by now they were wearing off. He failed to look back at Hathom as the man spoke. He knew he wasn't playing any games. Last night was suppose to be an in and out job. Only the cops should have been involved. The bank had already been closed for hours and they didn't attack the security guards.... After the others left with the cash all he had to do was stop a few bullets and then escape himself. Giving the others enough time to clear out and not get caught.

But when APS showed up.... Coal took the opportunity to test himself. See where he was with his powers and skills. Not to mention that he would never really back down from a challenge.

He was drawn out of his thoughts when Hathom started to talk about how him and his sister had meet. He noticed how the man ran off in thought and words about Kaylee and rose a brow at the knight in strange armor.... But the conversation turned once again making Coal redirect his eyes to something else.

APS would have the upper hand in their next battle.... But Hathom was still made of metal and the APS team wouldn't be around to help him..... That's if Coal really wanted to do something about this.

But he wouldn't. Not with his sister around and especially not after finding out the two were involved.

When mutants started popping up he could recall Kaylee's reaction to the first time a mutant killed. The first group of supers showed no signs of caring for anything. If you were in the way.... You got hurt, or most likely died. Then when heroes started to show up, things got worse. It wasn't until the APS being established did things cool down. So when Coal found out about his powers.... He didn't dare tell Kaylee. He was too afraid of what she would say or how she would react.

Coal paused once more as he looked to Hathom. You could see the wheels turning in that little head of his. "You want me to stop?" He asked as he looked over the counter and spotted what he was looking for. He let a hand place gently on the papers and slid them across the counter towards Hathom. "I'm sure we can work something out." Coal locked his eyes on Hathom. A stack of late and unpaid bills sat before the Captain of the APS team. Surely the man got paid well... Seeing as he had to deal with people like Coal on a daily basic.

APS BASE

William and Sarah both turned when hearing Anderson joining them. William blinked and nodded to the man, "Yeah, last night was indeed something new for us." He said glancing to Sarah. Sarah crossed her arms over her chest and gave a quick forced smile before going back to a dull and expressionless face. "But it should be fine. We already went through in processing and got all of our clearance done." William made sure all the papers were still in his folder as he turned to Sparks. "We are about to go on a tour and hopefully find out where we will be working." William looked from Sparks to Anderson and then back to Sparks.

Sarah was listening but failed to really voice her opinion at his point. The sooner they got to their station and find out what they will be working on... the better.

She didn't really like sitting or standing around just talking. William on the other hand, would sometimes get caught up into a conversation and waist time... Well she thought it was a waist of time.... She turned to Anderson, "Did you find anything?" she was asking about the video. They already had gathered some evidence for the NYPD, but they were not part of that now. "Hopefully something more than Vanguard being a metal user of some kind." She added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back