• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Musket and Magic: A Fantasy World Meets Napoleonic Tactics War RP!

Hello all, I've been working on regiment sizes. For now, we're going with largely historical-ish numbers, but this may be subject to change.

A French Infantry Regiment Consisted of:
2 Grenadier Brigades (1600 soldiers)
4 Fusilier Brigades (3200 soldiers)
1 Skirmisher Brigade (800 soldiers)

A French Hussar and Dragoon Regiment each had 8 companies (each having a little over 100 men)

An artillery regiment often had about 200 guns in total... but they were usually only used for organizational purposes. Often, they were split up into batteries and deployed in various parts of the world. For example, a regiment had about 50 batteries. 20 of them would be in France for defense, 10 in Spain for defense, 5 in Austria to help with operations there, 4 in Prussia, 5 in the Middle east as a whole, and the last 6 were joining Napoleon's campaign into Russia.

Thus, I kinda extrapolated numbers to try to encourage our regiments to support each other. Thus, the size of regiments in this RP is the following:

Line Infantry Regiment: 3000 men
Grenadier Regiment: 1500 men
Skirmisher Regiment: 1000 men
Militia: 4000 men

Cavalry/Mounted Regiments: 900 men

Artillery: 2 Batteries (Each Battery having 6 guns), so 12 guns and associated men and logistics/supply

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, then please feel free to reach out!

Magic and Musket (ACT I) IC
MrThe MrThe Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon OrenjiGatsu OrenjiGatsu Keidivh Keidivh Pat Pat Karcen Karcen Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Pauly51 Pauly51
Sorry for all the tags but the In-Character Thread is up!
Important! As it's the reason I asked for the picture of the regiment standard, I'd like it if you could post like thus:

Regiment Standard
Regiment Name
Name of the Regiment Colonel
Engaged: (Who you are interacting with or who you are fighting)
Our first mission will kinda be like a tutorial, again, to get the basics of this rp, and afterwards we will jump right into the action in the next Chapter! See you lot on the battlefield!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back