Music Music recs from the '90s and earlier?

Much of my music taste revolves around pre-90s music styles for sure! Classic rock, blues, classic country and western, bluegrass, American and European folk/traditional style are all my jam! I'm afraid I got nothing on the pop front from the previous century. Sure I know many of the songs, but you probably know them too as they're always on in public, at events, radios, etc.

I'll throw down a couple favorites from each, though there are many more from each.

I'll a list of 90s, 80s, and 70s songs. I'll try to limit myself to just a few each and stuff that don't get a lot of radio play.

If you're wanting to be depressed, i have a few recommendations from one certain band.

Oo, I love recommending music. I collect songs. lol. :)

60's-70's Pop:
"Wedding Bell Blues" by The Fifth Dimension
"Aquarius / Let the Sunshine In" by The Fifth Dimension
"Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers
"That's the Way I've Always Heard It Should Be" by Carly Simon

Various:
"A Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash / If you haven't heard it, give it a try if only for the story. It's hilarious! XD
"Hot Dog! That Made Him Mad" by Wanda Jackson
"Billy, Don't Be a Hero" by Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods
"Stay" by Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories
"How" by Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories
"Disarm" by The Smashing Pumpkins
"Cherub Rock" by The Smashing Pumpkins
"Stand Inside Your Love" by The Smashing Pumpkins (This came out in 2000, but it's close and so good. Probably my favorite by them.)

I have way more, but a lot of it's scattered across Spotify plalists, notes, documents, post-its...lol. So, if anyone sees things they like and wants to talk music, swap reccomendations, ask for more, please do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back