• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Music didn’t die, it’s just sleeping

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hurriedly typing this from mobile before I forget, sorry about the lack of formatting.

Concept: a magical girl or Sentai type of roleplay, where music has been outlawed by an evil queen. All musical instruments have been destroyed, and no one is allowed to sing, not even the animals!

So obviously we're going fucking wail on some soulless sound-absorbing depression-causing demons using the THE POWER OF ROCK AND ROLL!!! Or pop, or techno, or classical, whatever suits your character.

Character creation will involve picking a signature instrument to be your weapon, a theme song, and we're definitely going to need some cute animal familars.

Setting-wise, I'm thinking some urban fantasy variation of Gotham, a dark and dreary modern city where magic is common but restricted, and being a bard is a death sentence.

BackSet BackSet deer deer dumb ideas are best ideas

SKULL_TRUMPET_0-1_screenshot.png

Where we dootin boys (and girls)

Shocking, I know. I'll put something together tonight.

Okay, that still leaves like three other guitars, plus the entire brass section, a harp for whoever is brave enough to lug that shit around, the triangle, the cowbell, stabbing someone in the eye with a violin bow....

Okay, that still leaves like three other guitars, plus the entire brass section, a harp for whoever is brave enough to lug that shit around, the triangle, the cowbell, stabbing someone in the eye with a violin bow....
So is the rule that we got to carry it around? Can some magical madlad summon a pipe organ out of the earth?

Oh yes, Backset reminds me. Does an Air Guitar count?

And dont forget the washboard or the spoons!

You're going to be using a lot of hammerspace in and out of battle.

Someone: So you're gonna use music magic?
My character: Yes. *smashes guitar over enemies head* *the guitar is on fire*
My character: Oh look, his head dissapeared. Magic.

I'm torn between 3 options
1. Nerd goth chick with a Tool song as her theme
2. A "vintage" themed girl whose whole moveset is centered around vinyl records and classic rock.
3. Keyboardist whose weapon takes the form of a bunch of floating piano keys in front of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back