• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Murderhobo: The RP (Official)

The monster was set ablaze with the burning finishing move. Rigging a shotgun shell and a fitting grenade, Reaper and Ronan set the grenade alight with the two blades clashing together. The spark provided a much needed flame, allowing Ronan to launch the bomb without incident. KABOOM! The creature was now set alight with the incendiary. A few seconds later, it fell down to the ground, causing a massive tremor. Whether or not it knocked the wind out of the murderhobos was up to them.

Though the feat wasn't unnoticed. The group heard footsteps from the distance. Who could it be? It could be literally anything unless information was gathered.

A) Get back up (or your buddies as backup) and investigate

B) Hide and prepare for the worst

C) Go guns blazing to the source

D) Immediately run to exit the Ear of Horror

Last edited:
Ronan felt tense. With their luck, it could be another enemy. Another monster may be more precise. Gripping his shotgun tightly, he went with his group to see what would be in store. Calling out to the approach, Ronan bellowed. "Who dares cross us?"

"Dude, it's us! From Luka's Redoubt!" Ronan was suspicious about the appearance of the treasure hunters. In order to see if it was really them, he activated his thermal vision ability. For all he knows, they could have been apparitions in disguise. Most surprisingly, their body heat registered as normal. Familiar signatures from before. "My thoughts exactly, Reaper." Gesturing Krieg for covering fire, Ronan was indeed suspicious.

The group choices:

A) Interrogate them of their purpose

B) Briefly greet and split from them

C) Draft them into the journey.

The mega-group proceeded with caution. Red spoke to Ronan, "You're prolly thinking why we're here. We heard from some sources that your group was entering the Ear of Horror. This made me think you'll become monster chow. So we tracked and here we are."

Ronan raised a brow as a response. "You can't be serious." "Oh we are. You scratched our back, we wanna pay back the favor." Ronan was rather stoic on the response. Nothing like refusing to dignify some inane statement. It just seemed too good to be true.

Suddenly, they heard some chanting. The same race as the Fey-like bikers were preparing a ritual. Hundreds of the Fey-beings corralled dozens of captured sacrifices. "Almighty Khayyine, we summon you in our time of need!" After a mass sacrifice, a colossal entity was drawn into the Ear of Horror. Wielding a sword wreathed in plasma, it was formidable.

"I once more walk as a god among mortals!"

The treasure hunters countered by combining their mecha into an even bigger mecha of similar size. It would be an interesting fight. "We'll hold him off. Just run!" The acquaintances thought that the murderhobos were in no position to fight the giant monster. "Your metal contraptions only delay the inevitable."

"I don't think we're in any position to fight this many enemies. I hate to say it, but my ancestors survived because they knew when to withdraw!"

Choices include:

A) Tactical withdraw to get reinforcements

B) Rescue the friends to not leave them behind

C) Suicidal bloodlust against the hundreds

Ronan was careful not to get too heavily involved. He believed that this was a foolish course of action. "Pick your fights carefully! I don't want to go out in a body bag."

One of the cultists chuckled. "That's guaranteed. I'll assure you that something much more fitting shall be your demise!" One of them readied a shard rifle to pick off the interlopers. The group has some choices:

A) Duck and cover from their potshots

B) Sneakily attempt to grab another cultist in the heat of the chaos

C) Counter the sniper with a quick shot and unleash hell on the tar pit's worth of Fey cultists

The group played it smart. The shard rifle missed due to defensive maneuvering. "Got lucky for now." There was a trench formation the murderhobos can take advantage of. Such as isolating and eliminating the enemies. The Mega-Mecha and the deity were still clashing in melee, albeit the plasma sword delivered the first strike. The robot was slashed across the core, but it wasn't down and out. The mecha retaliation was a brief eye blast to provide breathing room. Khayyine as they called it wasn't phased terribly, but annoyed enough to back off.

Group choices:

A) Directly attack the god

B) Ambush the cultists with hit and run

C) Sabotage enemy weapons with well-placed demolition

An explosion was heard coming from the murderhobos. The attempt to sabotage, while doing a number on the enemy's retaliation ability, was more distraction than disabling blow. Th cult leader snickered. "Who could have seen it coming? Oh wait, I DID!" Each and every one of the cult had a backup weapon. Things got hairy for the treasure hunters. The colossal opponent readied yet another hefty swing, clenching the sword with both hands. This time, the sword was poised for decapitating the mecha.

Somehow, drop pods rained on the cultists. The pods released tall muscle-soldiers with heavy offense and defense. Needless to say, it was a foolish move to take on the newcomers head on. The newcomers readied what seemed to be a fully automatic rocket launcher and a chainsaw-like melee weapon. "ANOINT THEM WITH THEIR OWN BLOOD!"

The muscled men then clashed with the Fey cultists. Strength fought speed. Direct fought devious. It was a battle of opposites!

Choices!

A) Attack the newcomers while they fight the cultists

B) Get help from the newcomers (welcome their assistance and go for the giant monster)

C) Indiscriminate attacks on all sides

"Fully automatic rocket launcher." Nope nope nope, let's fight the big monster.

"Our buddy is right. Let's go fight the big monster. Judging from their weapons and armor, there's no way we have a chance at the newcomers!" Ronan warned Reaper. Though Ronan was a murderhobo, he wanted to be pragmatic for once. As such, Ronan attempted a distraction against the monster with impromptu explosives. To brush off the distractions, Khayyine attempted to stomp on Ronan and Krieg. However, the treasure hunter mecha prevented it from happening by tackling the monster at full speed. The monster attempted to use the mecha's weight against it. Both fell down to the ground.

The newcomers readied grenades. "LET THE GRENADES FLY!" Throwing them at the cultists, their enemies were flushed out. Reaper now was with the main fray, in between the two belligerent groups. Ronan and Krieg weren't too far behind.

Choices for the two:

A) Grab Reaper out of the fray so he doesn't get attacked

B) Let Reaper do his thing

C) Redirect both sides to the behemoth battle

Reaper:

A) Attack the beefy, heavily armed and armored newcomers

B) Attack the cultists

C) Go for the monster?

Let's get everyone to fuck up that monster.
I'm sure Reapster can handle himself.

(Excuse the lack of prompt update, I was busy.)

Reaper: The newcomers proved to be tough nuts to crack. The grenades did soften them, but it took precise slashes to take them down. Reaper could observe as his scythe didn't penetrate the armor. However, if he has the awareness, Reaper can look for weak spots in the armor. Though the armored adversaries won't make it easy by a long shot.

He has two choices:

A) Retreat and regroup with Ronan and Krieg

B) Press on and look for weak points

Ronan and Krieg:

Both murderhobos found their friends struggling against the giant monstrosity. However, most of the newcomers' attention was on the cultists and the giant monster. Suddenly, Krieg would find a balloon come from the sky. "I swear...I see some sort of...CLOWN!" While Ronan was fearless 99% of the time, he considered clowns to be a bad omen. The balloon was a harbinger of a powerful entity. The Trickster God, Saigoroth. A bellow of a laughter topped off its arrival. "Naughty naughty Ardin, it's about time to put you all in your place!" The Trickster brought his followers, the Jesters, to pacify the cultists and anyone that would disrupt their operations. "Your friends are in a pickle it seems. Don't look at us that way, we're here to help!" The Jester troupe used hilarious weapons at lightning fast speed. From acid pies, to electric joy-buzzers, and to even monomolecular disks and wire-swords! These clowns were here to save the innocent treasure hunters and make them laugh at the same time. Whether or not the murderhobo group could hold back laughing would be up to them. They also saw the giant monster tied down a la Gulliver's Travels. "Now that's how to handle a god. Ah come on, don't you want a balloon?" The mecha had some difficulty getting up, leaving their fate to the murderhobos and the Jesters.

As the ruckus subsided, the two had choices:

A) High-tail it out of there, grabbing Reaper along

B) Rescue the treasure hunters from the clowns

C) Accept/deny the offer, standing ground

"I fucking love clowns." Let's get these treasure hunters out of here. Least we can do for them.

Reaper: The melee ensued. Both chainsaw sword and scythe clashed. Sparks flew across the battlefield. Reaper however found a weak point on the joints and neck. Cracks in the armor resulted from the grenades.

A) Joint strike on a limb or two

B) Neck strike

Ronan and Krieg: The rescue was a success. "Nobody gets left behind." Ronan was still uneasy about the clowns though. "I don't think we can all take on so much enemies. It's in our best interest to grab our other friend and get better weapons!" How Krieg could love clowns was a mystery to Ronan. Though the treasure hunters, specifically Red, owe an explanation for their shenanigans. How did they get the robots is one question in mind.

A) Get Reaper out of the fray

B) Inquire about the treasure hunters

C) Some other action (write in)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back