• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern πŒπ”𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - ooc

dear.szmm

bark bark grrrr
howdy y’all!! sorry i didn’t make this sooner. feel free to chat and discuss ideas and what not!! ❀️

I’m excited to see some characters!!!

in terms of my character, I’m taking parts from an old character that never got to see the light of day and reshaping them for this. think bitchy, cutthroat gal who is very ambitious and lives out this lavish lifestyle but seemingly that isn’t the case??? idk holds lots of her own secrets but great at finding and picking at others to make for some juicy stories and headlines. originally from the celeb gossip department as an intern who quickly went from getting coffee orders to interviewing celebs but somehow found her way to this department for even more hidden reasons maybe???

- mogy being an icon and so much better than hery in everything he does
- lisbeth 🀝 everyone else
being better than mogy​

I’m excited to see some characters!!!

in terms of my character, I’m taking parts from an old character that never got to see the light of day and reshaping them for this. think bitchy, cutthroat gal who is very ambitious and lives out this lavish lifestyle but seemingly that isn’t the case??? idk holds lots of her own secrets but great at finding and picking at others to make for some juicy stories and headlines. originally from the celeb gossip department as an intern who quickly went from getting coffee orders to interviewing celebs but somehow found her way to this department for even more hidden reasons maybe???
my guy is from the celebrity gossip department as well, but i think for him, his success came from his father having money. like, he is a good journalist, but if his father hadn't influenced the higher-ups to hire him, he would definitely still be an intern.

my guy is from the celebrity gossip department as well, but i think for him, his success came from his father having money. like, he is a good journalist, but if his father hadn't influenced the higher-ups to hire him, he would definitely still be an intern.
ooo I see!! I can see them having an interesting dynamic, I’ll elaborate on that for later if accepted but inchresting indeed…

hello, hello :3 Man i gotta say these character ideas are all so juicy, they deserve their own columns in the paper! πŸ˜‚

the angle for my character came in a spur of the moment type of way - haven't really thought of the details yet but I'm thinking that he was actually building up a respectable career as a foreign correspondent for the Chronicle before switching to this newly-formed department. Whether the switch came from free will, a scandal or just fatigue of the nomadic, danger-riddled lifestyle, i have yet to decide!

which reminds me, dear.szmm dear.szmm does the Chronicle have an International branch? Or does that fit into the already existing category Travel?

oh man i already love all of these characters so far!

my brainstorming: I'm thinking that my character would've been a long time writer-- maybe apart of some respectable high school/college papers where he gained some credit or notoriety throughout the years before landing an official career. As far as his time with the chronicle, i'm thinking that he's going to be an overworked and perpetually stressed yet reputable news writer (or maybe editorial/opinion writer whose passive/disinterested off-paper personality doesn't match his writing...), possibly disillusioned by the journalism business as a whole at this point.

His reason for switching to the investigative crime department... i don't know why i'm kind of thinking that his family history has drawn him to such subjects. I'm playing around with the idea that one of his parents/relatives was a serial killer or something of the sort, and he's felt a sort of weighted, internal responsibility to do something to atone for his closeness to crimes and clean his conscience, so he impulsively throws himself into the ring?

ANYWAY i love this plot and i can't wait to see everyone's ideas

Last edited:
hello hello! im about half way through lee's form and will hopefully get him up soon! < 3 he's a mega nerd who just wants to be liked and be a writer even tho his dad doesn't like that idea.

there we go! enjoy a mostly done cs of viv. just have to work on the backstory/history but i love her and her villian behaviour. let me know what u guys think.

there we go! enjoy a mostly done cs of viv. just have to work on the backstory/history but i love her and her villian behaviour. let me know what u guys think.
she 100% is a baddie, in more ways than one >:3 wonderfully written!
Methinks our characters will either act like they hate each other (ryoto (or otto, as his english variant) leaning heavily into the whole seniority angle) but secretly respect each other - in terms of attributes, ambition and achievements

she 100% is a baddie, in more ways than one >:3 wonderfully written!
Methinks our characters will either act like they hate each other (ryoto (or otto, as his english variant) leaning heavily into the whole seniority angle) but secretly respect each other - in terms of attributes, ambition and achievements
thanks!! oo I love that, can't wait to see him!!

ahh i'm upset there is only like 3 spots available cause i know everyone will have sexy ideas. actually, dear.szmm dear.szmm , if u don't mind me asking, who are the ppl/characters that are already filled? πŸ‘€

aww guys the ideas are off the charts rn!! KaramelKarma KaramelKarma do u mean like international news? they will have a lil international news section within the overall news section, or also within travel depending on the context!

thanks!! oo I love that, can't wait to see him!!

ahh i'm upset there is only like 3 spots available cause i know everyone will have sexy ideas. actually, dear.szmm dear.szmm , if u don't mind me asking, who are the ppl/characters that are already filled? πŸ‘€
so basically mogy mogy , lisbeth lisbeth and hery hery aided me in pulling this altogether and have rp’d with me before so these guys have already got the green light, so their chars will 100% be joining. the reason there was only max 3 additional places was because i just didn’t think a big cast would suit quite a heavily plot based rp (skips will be based on specific cases and everyone working on one case together but doing there different stuff u know) so it was just about making sure everything was really nailed down and specific. in saying that, i wasn’t expecting this number of responses and for them to all be so good.
im thinking about how we could do extend the number of roles while also keeping a real tight focus on the plot instead of everyone just breaking off and doing their own thing - leave it with me lol

aww guys the ideas are off the charts rn!! KaramelKarma KaramelKarma do u mean like international news? they will have a lil international news section within the overall news section, or also within travel depending on the context!
Yeah, that's a good way of putting it :P Foreign news branch, international news branch etc; - the kind of branch whose journalists go overseas and write/report what's going on

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it :P Foreign news branch, international news branch etc; - the kind of branch whose journalists go overseas and write/report what's going on
ahh i understand okay yeah sweet they’ll probably come under the news branch then in like their own little section - the news branch is the biggest section of the paper, perhaps the international news would just be global affairs or foreign affairs? whatever works for you, i’m happy for a bit of flexibility!! πŸ₯°

idiot idiot i'm dying at the savannah lee smith thing on viv's character sheet! also, honest 10%.......she's a queen.
ahhh thanks, it’s a pre different character for me!!! and omg I was trying to make it not seem too out of place haha 😭

hey guys! just a little fyi - im gonna keep applications open til friday, cus i know ive been hella busy this week and havent even managed to finish my own cs, and i know a few others are the same too. so, extension on cs til friday 6th, and apologies for the prolonged wait if u have managed to finish urs already <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back