• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Murder Mystery Mansion

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Before we start, I would like to say that this is an interactive murder mystery experience. What I mean by that is you will literally be playing murder mystery, so there will be some rules!

Mansion Mysteries Co., a company famous for throwing the best murder mystery parties in history. How was it rumored to be the best? No one knows. Any participants are required to never talk about what goes on inside the walls of the mansion, along with that those who participate in the party are kept anonymous. But still, a party hosted by Mansion Mysteries Co. Is a once in a lifetime experience. They throw a single party once every ten years, a party that is said to be better than any other they have ever hosted for paying customers. It is a free party to celebrate a decade of the companies existence. A survey is sent out and only 25 people are chosen to attend out of the thousands that sign up. You were one of them. An ominous package was sent to your door with a location and a costume. The card said that you would be picked up by a shuttle at the location given, and you would be blindfolded to prevent you from revealing the location. Seems a little sketchy, but how could you pass up a once in a lifetime experience?

And so I have explained the story. Your characters will be participating in a murder mystery experience gone wrong! If you are interested in participating, then please read the rules below. There really aren't that many, so please follow them all!

First of all I'd like semi lit - lit writers, there shouldn't be any one liners. At least write a paragraph per post. If you want one of your characters to survive, make two characters! You are required to have at least one character that has a possibility of dying. If you have two characters, the one that will not die CAN die if all the npc's and kill-able characters die off!

How to join:

1. Say youre interested down below!

2. Pm me the NAME(S) of your character(s). If you have two characters, tell me which one can die. DO NOT TELL ANYONE WHICH CHARACTER CAN DIE IF YOU HAVE 2 CHARACTERS.

3. Each person who wants to be murderer must explain why you would be a good murderer, then I will pick who I think would be a good fit. THE MURDERER CANNOT TELL ANYONE THEY ARE THE MURDERER!

4. I will then pick the sheriff. If you want to be the sheriff really bad then give me a reason you should be them! THE SHERIFF CANNOT TELL ANYONE THEY ARE A SHERIFF! (Unless you'd like to be murdered.)

5. The sheriff cannot be murdered unless they are dumb and reveal themselves as the sheriff. If the murderer has killed all NPC's and kill-able characters, the sheriff can be killed. If the sheriff shoots the wrong person they will have revealed themselves as the sheriff and will no longer be safe.

6. I will be explaining the deaths so no one will know who the murderer is. The murderer will PM me what they want me to say, and I will write it in my own words. I WILL NOT BE THE MURDERER! I AM SIMPLY THE HOST!

7. Although I am the host I will interact with characters, though I will not help in the investigation unless the murderer wants to give everyone a hint.

8. I will explain the rules of how to be murderer ONLY to the murderer.

I hope people are interested! And if you are....

Will you survive?

Last edited:
Thats great to hear! I'm shooting to get at least 3 more people, (3 innocent 1 sheriff 1 murderer) hopefully others will be interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back